IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 256.
#3701 3 years ago

This question is for ChrisBardon or anyone else - in the subway opto test you did , the ball steped through the subway . When I try it - first of all it shows #48 closed - when I roll a ball in #49 closes but ball will not step through the subway . Coin door is shut . Looks like opto #48 is my problem ! Anyone have a fix ?

#3702 3 years ago

Didn’t see a post about this, so please reference me if it is already answered.

I have a LE and my captain marvel ramp is rejecting at least 50% of the time. Is there a known fix for this? Thank you.

#3703 3 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Didn’t see a post about this, so please reference me if it is already answered.
I have a LE and my captain marvel ramp is rejecting at least 50% of the time. Is there a known fix for this? Thank you.

Keith was on the looser kid podcast recently and said he keeps his waxed. He also said to make sure it's tightened down, if I remember correctly. Mine is rejecting a lot too. I'm going to check it out and wax the entrance. Check out the podcast if you want to hear his suggestion.

#3704 3 years ago

If anyone else's wire frame has popped off from a weak weld, I recommend this hi-tech solution. Contacted my distributor over a week ago. No word yet. Love the game otherwise, but some things from a QC perspective could be improved. Waiting for call out/music improvements then this game could be a perfect 10...

IMG_0067 (resized).jpgIMG_0067 (resized).jpg
#3705 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

This question is for ChrisBardon or anyone else - in the subway opto test you did , the ball steped through the subway . When I try it - first of all it shows #48 closed - when I roll a ball in #49 closes but ball will not step through the subway . Coin door is shut . Looks like opto #48 is my problem ! Anyone have a fix ?

If 48 is closed when you launch the test, then that means that the opto is probably bad or misaligned. They should be open when there's nothing in the subway.

I did a little more troubleshooting, and it looks like the alignment on the mech was OK, but the mech itself is binding. Took it off and recorded another video to show the issue:

Seems like the finger closest to the VUK is slipping between the horizontal piece and the bracket. If either were just a little thicker, it wouldn't be a problem. Looks like something you might be able to bend to fix, but I just emailed Stern about it, so we'll see what they come back with. Would be interesting to see another mech to see if it's any different.

#3706 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWohl:

If anyone else's wire frame has popped off from a weak weld, I recommend this hi-tech solution. Contacted my distributor over a week ago. No word yet. Love the game otherwise, but some things from a QC perspective could be improved. Waiting for call out/music improvements then this game could be a perfect 10...
[quoted image]

How do you already have such obvious ball trails? So much dirt

#3707 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWohl:

[quoted image]

Tony Stark would be proud of your modifications to the playing field for the interim It works .

#3708 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

How do you already have such obvious ball trails? So much dirt

Um, I didn't realize you could see my ball trails. So embarrassing.

I may have around a billion plays on this game. Love it, when it works...

#3709 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWohl:

Um, I didn't realize you could see my ball trails. So embarrassing.
I may have around a billion plays on this game. Love it, when it works...

the right inlane does show dirt fast. I wipe it down often.

#3710 3 years ago

The spinning disc is advertised as having "dual direction velocity detection". How is this implemented in gameplay? Does it matter which way you spin the disc?

#3711 3 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

The spinning disc is advertised as having "dual direction velocity detection". How is this implemented in gameplay? Does it matter which way you spin the disc?

There are inserts that indicate which direction you need to spin the disc. To open portals to start Gem Quests (modes), it doesn't matter the direction. I believe there are modes that will matter which direction you spin, though I'm not sure where that comes up (or if they are part of the current code).

#3712 3 years ago

So - I was able to fix my Subway lock today ! Mine was like no other . It would kick the Subway lock 21 times at start up . The center opto was showing closed in the subway test . You have to remove the lock metal box to even see the opto's . when you can see them - in test - with the coin door closed they have tiny red led's on the receiver side to show they are working . Oh and there is a trick - the center #48 opto is just the opposite side of #47 and #49 . So I wiggled the wires = nothing - Flexed the board and it started working . Tip - when you put the lock fingers back in the plastic make sure they are in the right place or you'll have to do it again so the ball will step in game play . So Stern needs to send me a new opto board to replace this flakey one .

#3713 3 years ago

In 20 games I have not seen the up post pop up and stop the ball ! Please tell - when that should happen ? Or do I have to fix that too ?

#3714 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

In 20 games I have not seen the up post pop up and stop the ball ! Please tell - when that should happen ? Or do I have to fix that too ?

It pops up when you collect an Infinity gem.

#3715 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So - I was able to fix my Subway lock today ! Mine was like no other . It would kick the Subway lock 21 times at start up . The center opto was showing closed in the subway test . You have to remove the lock metal box to even see the opto's . when you can see them - in test - with the coin door closed they have tiny red led's on the receiver side to show they are working . Oh and there is a trick - the center #48 opto is just the opposite side of #47 and #49 . So I wiggled the wires = nothing - Flexed the board and it started working . Tip - when you put the lock fingers back in the plastic make sure they are in the right place or you'll have to do it again so the ball will step in game play . So Stern needs to send me a new opto board to replace this flakey one .

Sounds like the game was trying to eject the ball at startup from the subway since your #48 opto was always reading closed.

When you flexed the board to make it work, did you have the metal mechanism removed or was it still mounted over the plastic subway?

The reason I ask is to try to narrow down if maybe a bad solder joint on the opto board or a bad alignment with the opto "looking" through the cutout in the plastic subway?

Either way, glad you got it working!

#3716 3 years ago

Avengers Assembled! Or “Yo Dawg I heard you like Avengers so I put an Avengers next to your Avengers”
4DC2FE8C-D372-41CF-8580-E4A383B0B813 (resized).jpeg4DC2FE8C-D372-41CF-8580-E4A383B0B813 (resized).jpeg56A736BE-008B-43AC-9644-8E868C424D36 (resized).jpeg56A736BE-008B-43AC-9644-8E868C424D36 (resized).jpeg30217164-E91F-4E1E-B79A-5026D8A1017D (resized).jpeg30217164-E91F-4E1E-B79A-5026D8A1017D (resized).jpeg48461FB6-1592-441D-947F-172B4301B02A (resized).jpeg48461FB6-1592-441D-947F-172B4301B02A (resized).jpeg232AAA61-2C1D-4264-9475-77191408DDFA (resized).jpeg232AAA61-2C1D-4264-9475-77191408DDFA (resized).jpeg5DBFDFA6-8966-4348-855C-5E0C4F3D01AD (resized).jpeg5DBFDFA6-8966-4348-855C-5E0C4F3D01AD (resized).jpeg

#3717 3 years ago

When you take off the metal lock box the plastic part is still attached to the bottom of the playfield . But when I touched the opto board it started working . So flakey opto was the problem !

#3718 3 years ago

Is anyone else’s machine not showing ‘Right Slingshot’ audits under the game feature audits? It appears to be combining left and right slingshot counts into the ‘Left Slingshot’ number. I know it really doesn’t matter since both of my slingshots work, but it is strange.

I’ve checked the coil test and switch test and they both differentiate between the two slingshots, so I know the wiring is correct.

I am wondering how Stern calculates eleven thousand percent......

BC6DDA15-54E9-4CF9-BF38-D575A41B1409 (resized).jpegBC6DDA15-54E9-4CF9-BF38-D575A41B1409 (resized).jpegD38F07FA-5056-42BA-BF44-1794700704A7 (resized).jpegD38F07FA-5056-42BA-BF44-1794700704A7 (resized).jpeg

#3719 3 years ago

Further along with the gauntlet vacuum-metallizing to make it shiny gold with actual gems that light up. Status report:

First impression - this will not be easy, at all. The opaque white covers for the gems are not just snapped in, they're glued. I'm 3 for 6 getting them out cleanly, so that will be a problem. I'm sure I can get better at it over time, but this will probably not be a DIY project, or if it is, it will be only for the most stout-hearted and fearless, since if you screw up the gauntlet that's a very expensive mistake, and it's pretty likely since it's impossible to tell how well each gem is glued until you try to knock it out.

Not sure I can get a quote in the metallizing back next week as a lot of places are taking off sometime next week for the rest of the year, but I'll keep working on the colored gems.

#3720 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I noticed similar statistics for IMDN. I suspect it is calculated as total number of events, divided by total number of games, times 100. Thus something that happens on average once per game gets 100%. Something that happens about 110 times per game would get 11,000%. I am a statistician for my day job so these sorts of things drive me nuts.

#3721 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

Is anyone else’s machine not showing ‘Right Slingshot’ audits under the game feature audits? It appears to be combining left and right slingshot counts into the ‘Left Slingshot’ number. I know it really doesn’t matter since both of my slingshots work, but it is strange.
I’ve checked the coil test and switch test and they both differentiate between the two slingshots, so I know the wiring is correct.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, I’m showing 0 on audit 2 also. I’m also showing 0 on audit 5 & 6, left and right inlanes.

A few other zeros - I haven’t been to trophy mania or Thanos (could have if he was coded in), so those are legit, a couple others I thought I had done though.

#3722 3 years ago

When will "thanos attack"?

#3723 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

It pops up when you collect an Infinity gem.

Haven’t seen that work either on mine. Myself and family have a competition going...who will be the first to get a single infinity gem. We aren’t the best players, we aren’t the worst; well maybe we are because we can’t win infinity gems to save our lives.

#3724 3 years ago
Quoted from BrackAttack:

Haven’t seen that work either on mine. Myself and family have a competition going...who will be the first to get a single infinity gem. We aren’t the best players, we aren’t the worst; well maybe we are because we can’t win infinity gems to save our lives.

Just keep at it you will get it sooner or later. My game arrived yesterday and i think my girlfriend will need some time to collect her first one too.

i managed to take away 4 gems in one game so far as my best. The game is crazy fun. But captain marvel ramp is hard to complete on mine atm.

#3725 3 years ago

I have a question regarding geometry and flipperangles. For me shots feeling off, especially center ramp and gaunlet ramp.
I have to shoot them really early on the flipper compared to other games i know (DP, JP, TMNT...), and those early shots are feeling weak.
So i have to readjust my whole feeling about where shots are at the flipper. Probably thats simply geometriy, but i wanted to know how you feel about it,
and how you deal with it.
Post passes just working from the right flipper, but also not very well. Outlanes are really crazy, and the PF is also a littlebit warped supporting this.

At the moment i am at 6.8° at the bottlom, 6.6° in the middle and 6.6 at the top. The game feels too slow for my taste but at 7° i get too much CM ramp rejects and the center ramp is not makeable from a black panther ramp feed.
Just for info, i did install a PF-Protector- feels ok, but i wonder if it would sort out some problems i have if i would remove it.

Also my plunger seems to be too far back and i cant make a flull plunge. Auto plunger works.

Over all the game is great!

#3726 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Also my plunger seems to be too far back and i cant make a flull plunge. Auto plunger works.

I think Stern used a weak shooter spring ( orange ) I might try a red one . If you watch a YouTube vid. about a factory tour with Jack Danger - at the end Jack is playing a game with Gary Stern and they mention that the shooter doesn't feel right !

#3727 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

I think Stern used a weak shooter spring ( orange ) I might try a red one . If you watch a YouTube vid. about a factory tour with Jack Danger - at the end Jack is playing a game with Gary Stern and they mention that the shooter doesn't feel right !

thank you, the problem was the tip of the plunger was not aligned well. i realigned the shooter housing and now it works.
here are images of the warping, it really affects gameplay (outlanes).

0000 (1) (resized).jpg0000 (1) (resized).jpg0000 (2) (resized).jpg0000 (2) (resized).jpg
#3728 3 years ago

Here is the Ramp reject. it happenes about 1/7 of my shots.
Its a clean shot from a cradle, but somehow the ball drifts to the left.
What do you think?

cm reject.gifcm reject.gif
#3729 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I have a question regarding geometry and flipperangles. For me shots feeling off, especially center ramp and gaunlet ramp.
I have to shoot them really early on the flipper compared to other games i know (DP, JP, TMNT...), and those early shots are feeling weak.
So i have to readjust my whole feeling about where shots are at the flipper. Probably thats simply geometriy, but i wanted to know how you feel about it,
and how you deal with it.
Post passes just working from the right flipper, but also not very well. Outlanes are really crazy, and the PF is also a littlebit warped supporting this.
At the moment i am at 6.8° at the bottlom, 6.6° in the middle and 6.6 at the top. The game feels too slow for my taste but at 7° i get too much CM ramp rejects and the center ramp is not makeable from a black panther ramp feed.
Just for info, i did install a PF-Protector- feels ok, but i wonder if it would sort out some problems i have if i would remove it.
Over all the game is great!

Remove that playfield protector and wax the playfield a bit. Especially the orbit from the shooter lane. Thank me later.

#3730 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Here is the Ramp reject. it happenes about 1/7 of my shots.
Its a clean shot from a cradle, but somehow the ball drifts to the left.
What do you think?[quoted image]

Do you have clips under the original plastics ?

#3731 3 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

Do you have clips under the original plastics ?

I'm sorry, i do not understand what you mean.
here another clip, imo that metal wire where the ball gets cought should go down to the start of the ramp like on the other side.
cm reject 2.gifcm reject 2.gif

Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Remove that playfield protector and wax the playfield a bit. Especially the orbit from the shooter lane. Thank me later.

could you elaborate on that please? do you mean my CM rejects or the geometry "issue"? Its a big descision since it took me about 5 to 7 hours to install.

#3732 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

here another clip, imo that metal wire where the ball gets cought should go down to the start of the ramp like on the other side.
[quoted image]

could you elaborate on that please? do you mean my CM rejects or the geometry "issue"? Its a big descision since it took me about 5 to 7 hours to install.

I added some washers for a best “geometry “. My cm ramp forced, pushed, to the left now the shots are perfect

365FFC40-C341-4B13-B53D-AB95E20F347F (resized).jpeg365FFC40-C341-4B13-B53D-AB95E20F347F (resized).jpeg68617D90-D015-4A9F-8995-EF5318033320 (resized).jpeg68617D90-D015-4A9F-8995-EF5318033320 (resized).jpegF95DCB17-9546-4A7D-A902-0EABC14DA93D (resized).jpegF95DCB17-9546-4A7D-A902-0EABC14DA93D (resized).jpeg
#3733 3 years ago

Does anyone have the mod? Not clear if it's a target or not and if so how does it not impact the path of the ball from going all around?

https://mezelmods.com/collections/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball/products/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball-illuminated-captain-america-shield?variant=32970472652897

#3734 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Does anyone have the mid? Not clear if it's a target or not and if so how does it not impact the path of the ball from going all around?
https://mezelmods.com/collections/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball/products/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball-illuminated-captain-america-shield?variant=32970472652897

It it for looks only and does not touch the ball in any way.

#3735 3 years ago

Thanks! Almost looks impossible for it not to touch the ball which is why I asked.

So I'm trying to understand strategy on this game. Is there a reason to not always start with time gem considering the reward seems so much better than the other gems?

#3736 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks! Almost looks impossible for it not to touch the ball which is why I asked.
So I'm trying to understand strategy on this game. Is there a reason to not always start with time gem considering the reward seems so much better than the other gems?

I like getting mind gem right away, as it can help with soul gem, since I seem to play soul gem after the first or second quest. You can use it to spot the difficult shot(s) depending on which avenger you have it on and how they are leveled up.

#3737 3 years ago

i always go reality gem first as I find it the easiest. But I suck at getting that first right orbit soul gem shot. So maybe I should go mind gem....

#3738 3 years ago

And get your portal lock before starting mind gem quest. And hit Thor a few times to have Multiball stack ready going into first gem.

#3739 3 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

I added some washers for a best “geometry “. My cm ramp forced, pushed, to the left now the shots are perfect[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

thank you but it didn't work.
I built my own ballguide which works very well.
Just a piece of plastic resting on the metal wire, attached with a M3 double sided tape.

cm 000 (3) (resized).jpgcm 000 (3) (resized).jpgcm 000 (4) (resized).jpgcm 000 (4) (resized).jpgcm 000 (2) (resized).jpgcm 000 (2) (resized).jpgcm 000 (1) (resized).jpgcm 000 (1) (resized).jpg

#3740 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Just a piece of plastic resting on the metal wire, attached with a M3 double sided tape.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good idea! Yeah, not sure why the open space at the bottom of the ramp... I have shots fall out of that area from time to time.
I may try something similar to what you made.

#3741 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Good idea! Yeah, not sure why the open space at the bottom of the ramp... made.

Moreover, the prototype didn't have the open space...

Avengers-LE-Details-Ambient-03-aesknj3r-scaled (resized).jpgAvengers-LE-Details-Ambient-03-aesknj3r-scaled (resized).jpg

#3742 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

[quoted image]

1. For the love of the game. No machine was ever designed to put a plastic on it. Keep it clean and wax it from time to time.

2. The ball gets another effect on a PP and so you will get some strange things happening like the problem you have with the Captain Marvel ramp. I'm not 100% sure about that. But hey, it's only pinball.

#3743 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

1. For the love of the game. No machine was ever designed to put a plastic on it. Keep it clean and wax it from time to time.
2. The ball gets another effect on a PP and so you will get some strange things happening like the problem you have with the Captain Marvel ramp. I'm not 100% sure about that. But hey, it's only pinball.

EDIT: I watched some streams and found out how the ball behaves differently there. I couldn't get over it and i removed the entire protector. It was the cause of "powerless" early flipper shots. i wasn't able backhand the thor shot for example.

so no more protectors for me too. thank you.

#3744 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is very good. Thanks very much for sharing. We were thinking about doing something similiar.

Macca101010

#3745 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

This is very good. Thanks very much for sharing. We were thinking about doing something similiar.
macca101010

Looks like you have a little project to do
I'll be over when its fixed, love this game and once installed it will be awesome!

#3746 3 years ago

New place to get my ball stuck.

E51CE086-9359-49B7-8F92-C21654E2E4D3 (resized).jpegE51CE086-9359-49B7-8F92-C21654E2E4D3 (resized).jpeg
#3747 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

New place to get my ball stuck.
[quoted image]

Put a switch there and make that the super-duper-secret skill shot.

#3748 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

thank you, the problem was the tip of the plunger was not aligned well. i realigned the shooter housing and now it works.
here are images of the warping, it really affects gameplay (outlanes).[quoted image][quoted image]

I have the exact same issue originally noted by a Top 10 ranked player when playing my AIQ LE. I didn't want to believe it but as time went on it got a little more obvious. I'm not sure what to do. Have you contacted Stern? Have you sent them the pictures? I really don't want a new unpopulated playfield - that's a solution that will never make it in to the game. After a gazillion plays I guess I'm getting use to it - the warpage is part of the game.... but I refuse to accept it and am happy that maybe we can work together.

#3749 3 years ago

Tried out the Yelobird mylar fix tonight. Wasable to get the clear coat pooling down a bit around the Antman ball guide, then put some mylar down, and a metal washer.

While I had everything apart, I also put mylar on the edges of the Antman hole. I assure you thisarea is going to get beat up over time.

Anyhow, just wanted to share this in case anyone else is looking to repair theirs. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

PXL_20201221_040334493~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20201221_040334493~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20201221_040855603 (resized).jpgPXL_20201221_040855603 (resized).jpgPXL_20201221_052819893.MP~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20201221_052819893.MP~2 (resized).jpg
#3750 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

here are images of the warping, it really affects gameplay (outlanes).[quoted image][quoted image]

I fixed a warped Mustang playfield that was exactly the same and was really pissing me off. I screwed a piece of angle iron to the underside of the playfield. I'm not suggesting you do it to a brand new Avengers ( or if it's even possible space wise ) but it may be an option if Stern don't do the right thing. Not ideal though, ok to fix an older machine but I'd keep on to Stern if I were you.

IMG_20190619_122857559 (resized).jpgIMG_20190619_122857559 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 16.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/75?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.