IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 256.
#3651 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

I would like to ask a follow-up question; I appreciate your help and patience. What is supposed to happen when the machine is in switch test mode and the disk gets spun? I would have expected that would trigger some switches. But nothing happens. I looked under the playfield and the connectors to the sensor immediately below the disk shaft are apparently all connected. Am I wrong that spinning the disk in switch test mode should do anything? Thanks.

I just checked on mine and spinning the disc while it's down in the regular switch test menu doesn't register, so that test must not be applicable to the disc. If you go into Diagnostics-Game instead of Diagnostics-Switch there are two menu items for the disc. One is the Strange Motor test that raises and lowers the disc and the other is the Strange Disc test that checks how well the disc is registering. That one is the test described in the instructions for raising and lowering the height of the disc and needs to be done with the disc down by using the Strange Motor test to lower it first.

#3652 3 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Not heard anything back officially about any of my issues (UK)
I've had a look through the thread and index, but for subway problems, is the only solution to get new mech/plastic moulding from Stern? Sometimes the balls don't make it through (though it's a lot better since 0.94) but they still often get stuck when dropping down the Antman VUK - they lodge at the end of the subway, having entered from the wrong side.
I also have problems where the ball gets stuck in the pop bumpers between bumper and ramp - is the only solution to fit the plastic cones to stop them - nothing official?
Shooter lane launches don't make it around correctly and sometimes lodge under the gauntlet - whilst the plastic cones may stop them lodging, it doesn't fix the issue that they are smashing into the plastics because they don't exit the shooter lane correctly, which also messes up skill shots if it happens on manual plunge - is there anything official to do for that? Slowmo video shows that the ball is heading left before exiting the shooter lane and I cannot figure out why as it happens on both a manual and auto plunge.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Reduce your auto plunge power, problem solved.

#3653 3 years ago

Hello,everybody; just in for a PRe next build! Delivery expected late Feb.Happy Holidays to everybody within the sound of my voice! B safe, have fun:awayyyyyy

#3654 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I just checked on mine and spinning the disc while it's down in the regular switch test menu doesn't register, so that test must not be applicable to the disc. If you go into Diagnostics-Game instead of Diagnostics-Switch there are two menu items for the disc. One is the Strange Motor test that raises and lowers the disc and the other is the Strange Disc test that checks how well the disc is registering. That one is the test described in the instructions for raising and lowering the height of the disc and needs to be done with the disc down by using the Strange Motor test to lower it first.

Thanks so much, it would have taken forever for me to find this. My disk sensors all seem to be ok so my only issue is the leveling problem. I really appreciate the quick and helpful guidance.

#3655 3 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Not heard anything back officially about any of my issues (UK)
I've had a look through the thread and index, but for subway problems, is the only solution to get new mech/plastic moulding from Stern? Sometimes the balls don't make it through (though it's a lot better since 0.94) but they still often get stuck when dropping down the Antman VUK - they lodge at the end of the subway, having entered from the wrong side.
I also have problems where the ball gets stuck in the pop bumpers between bumper and ramp - is the only solution to fit the plastic cones to stop them - nothing official?
Shooter lane launches don't make it around correctly and sometimes lodge under the gauntlet - whilst the plastic cones may stop them lodging, it doesn't fix the issue that they are smashing into the plastics because they don't exit the shooter lane correctly, which also messes up skill shots if it happens on manual plunge - is there anything official to do for that? Slowmo video shows that the ball is heading left before exiting the shooter lane and I cannot figure out why as it happens on both a manual and auto plunge.
[quoted image][quoted image]

On the subway fix, I received the updated part from stern two days ago and it corrects the issue. Sorry, I didn't take a pic of the new part before I put it in, should have. But, the picture below shows the old part, the red line I have drawn is completely cut out on the new part, which helps the ball fall into the scoop. I suppose you could try to make the same cut on your existing part and then file it down to smooth it out.

Replacement took about 30 mins, about 6 or 7 connectors to remove and three parts to take off, not too bad at all.

PXL_20201217_155141138 (resized).jpgPXL_20201217_155141138 (resized).jpg
#3656 3 years ago

Noticed a slightly different problem with the portal locks over the past couple of days, and it seems to be consistent:
-Qualify two portal locks
-portal lock one: ball stays in subway, new ball in shooter lane
-portal lock two: ball launched from shooter lane, and then a second ball kicked up from the subway (before starting gem quest)

Draining the spare seems to have no effect (ball doesn't end), and I'll get the correct 3 balls on the next gem quest, but it seems weird that the ball is ending up in the VUK at all in this case. Seems like a different problem than others were having with the subway?

#3657 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Noticed a slightly different problem with the portal locks over the past couple of days, and it seems to be consistent:
-Qualify two portal locks
-portal lock one: ball stays in subway, new ball in shooter lane
-portal lock two: ball launched from shooter lane, and then a second ball kicked up from the subway (before starting gem quest)
Draining the spare seems to have no effect (ball doesn't end), and I'll get the correct 3 balls on the next gem quest, but it seems weird that the ball is ending up in the VUK at all in this case. Seems like a different problem than others were having with the subway?

Possibly an opto issue in the subway... not detecting a ball there?

I would recommend doing a switch test and placing a ball in the subway to insure it registers correctly.

#3658 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I've tried this myself with no real success and this wouldn't apply to manual plunging.

I also have the issue with the ball not making it all the way around the top... I've re-centered the manual plunger and insured the autoplunger is also centered on the ball, but not much luck consistently getting ball all the way around to the right flipper.

#3659 3 years ago

So after a long wait for my AIQ prem. ( build date Dec. 8 ) I have a problem right out of the box . After a few games when the ball goes into the portal lock and into the subway it stops at the first lock ( Stern might call it lock 3 ) . The ball sets there untill the game does a ball search - ball gets released and down the subway then kicked out of the VUK . Also now at game start up the Subway lock coil fires 21 times then when I check Tech. report I get - Subway Lock Device Malfunction . Already checked connectors would like to test the opto's but they are hidden deep in the subway . Will make a call to Tech. support ? Looks like a fun game ! Ha !

#3660 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So after a long wait for my AIQ prem. ( build date Dec. 8 ) I have a problem right out of the box . After a few games when the ball goes into the portal lock and into the subway it stops at the first lock ( Stern might call it lock 3 ) . The ball sets there untill the game does a ball search - ball gets released and down the subway then kicked out of the VUK . Also now at game start up the Subway lock coil fires 21 times then when I check Tech. report I get - Subway Lock Device Malfunction . Already checked connectors would like to test the opto's but they are hidden deep in the subway . Will make a call to Tech. support ? Looks like a fun game ! Ha !

you say you checked connectors, but did you check that connectors are plugged into each other correctly. For example, is opto 1 plug connected to opto 1 receiver? Even if they are labeled opto 1 to opto 1, make sure the correct plugs are connected by tracing the wires to the optos.. My game had two plugs mixed up. there are so many opto plugs, not hard to see how they could be connected incorrectly.

#3661 3 years ago

Lermods - Good point - I'll check . Today I played a few games and the Portal would stay up as in , shoot a ball in there and it would stay up - go through a ball search - shoot a ball back in - wash and repete . So I think more going on then just a opto ? Another thing I'll check is when I opened the coin door the cash box was all side ways inside . They never put the safety clip on correct ! That may have damaged something ?

#3662 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Possibly an opto issue in the subway... not detecting a ball there?
I would recommend doing a switch test and placing a ball in the subway to insure it registers correctly.

Good call, but I think that left me with a question. I recorded a video in test-is this normal behaviour (ball not held at switch 47):

#3663 3 years ago

Finally got my AIQ Premium today and set it up. Perfect out of the box and everything is aligned, etc... Only got a chance to play 2-3 games but I have some first impressions. I think this my be my most favorite pin I’ve owned (I know, it’s just the honeymoon)

1) Unique layout with shots everywhere. Much easier and more approachable than Jurassic Park.
2) Purely subjective but great theme. Loved Star Wars as a theme but I did get tired of it constantly kicking me in the nuts (though I do miss that one)
3) Fantastic art - up there with Deadpool
4) Like the battle format like Deadpool
5) Tons of flow, much more than Jurassic or Deadpool. I’ve never had more combos in my life and that was my first game. I feel like even when I miss my intended shot, the ball does rarely clunks and travels smoothly somewhere.
6) Love the all metal ramps, trails, etc
7) haven’t gotten much of chance to listen to the call outs but nothing glaringly annoying (looking at you little Deadpool)
8) Appears to be very deep with lots of potential to explore the code
9) Why does that Captain Marvel ramp feel so good to hit? I don’t know why but it sure does.
10) the ball drop for Hawkeye reminds me of the missile shot on Jurassic but easier
11) Hulk spinner fun to rip. Not as good as the spinner on Jurassic but close

Complaints so far... well, I need to re-read the pdf with all the rules but in general I have a hard time figuring out what I’m supposed to be shooting for. Hopefully with some more time that won’t matter. And I’m going to add a couple LED spots to shine on the middle of the play field that is pretty dark.

#3664 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Good call, but I think that left me with a question. I recorded a video in test-is this normal behaviour (ball not held at switch 47):

Nope, not normal behavior. There are two "groups" of forks in the mech, and all the forks in each group go up and down together. One group of three forks is usually up and the other group of two forks is usually down. When the three go down, then the two come up and vice versa.

In your video the ball gets paused correctly at the 2nd of the two forks that are usually down, but then when that one goes down the third fork in the group that should come up seems to stay down for some reason so the ball just goes into the VUK.

From my experience with mine it can definitely happen where the forks aren't lined up straight enough in the center slot of the plastic and the last fork of that group can bind or get stuck against the edge of the plastic. There could of course be a different issue with it also but it seems like it's worth checking to see if it's just out of alignment.

Here's a picture of drawing I just did to try to give an idea of what I'm saying. Depending on the alignment, Fork #3 can get completely or partially blocked by the edge of the center channel while the other two forks in that group are clear of the edge so they come up and down okay. Aligning the mech so all forks are clear of the edge lets them come up and down the way they're supposed to, assuming there isn't anything else wrong with your mech.

If you didn't already, it might be worth doing the subway test by dropping a ball in and only staring at that last fork to see when/how it gets stuck. And that fork should be in the up position to begin with.

3540520F-1A47-48F1-8482-CFFC31433C78 (resized).jpeg3540520F-1A47-48F1-8482-CFFC31433C78 (resized).jpeg
#3665 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Nope, not normal behavior. There are two "groups" of forks in the mech, and all the forks in each group go up and down together. One group of three forks is usually up and the other group of two forks is usually down. When the three go down, then the two come up and vice versa.
In your video the ball gets paused correctly at the 2nd of the two forks that are usually down, but then when that one goes down the third fork in the group that should come up seems to stay down for some reason so the ball just goes into the VUK.
From my experience with mine it can definitely happen where the forks aren't lined up straight enough in the center slot of the plastic and the last fork of that group can bind or get stuck against the edge of the plastic. There could of course be a different issue with it also but it seems like it's worth checking to see if it's just out of alignment.
Here's a picture of drawing I just did to try to give an idea of what I'm saying. Depending on the alignment, Fork #3 can get completely or partially blocked by the edge of the center channel while the other two forks in that group are clear of the edge so they come up and down okay. Aligning the mech so all forks are clear of the edge lets them come up and down the way they're supposed to, assuming there isn't anything else wrong with your mech.
If you didn't already, it might be worth doing the subway test by dropping a ball in and only staring at that last fork to see when/how it gets stuck. And that fork should be in the up position to begin with.[quoted image]

Excellent recommendation!

The fork alignment is fairly easy to adjust as 4 bolts hold/align the mechanism to the plastic subway. Just a little tricky to look at the alignment with the playfield raised to access the bolts, but not too difficult.

#3666 3 years ago

We just received a few new machines for our route and I have to agree; game is a blast to play, shots are unique and just an all around fun game. Great job Stern

#3667 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

I don’t know if there’s a formal list anywhere, but I’ll borrow a quote from wolfmarsh: “play the sh!t out of it”
Seriously, here are some things I did (not necessarily in this order, but hindsight is 20/20):
Replaced the stock balls with some from ball baron (cleaning then first of course)
Checked the playfield for defects
Checked the connectors in the upper boards
Booted it up
Ran the various tests via the system menu (switch, lights, etc...)
Turned down the ball ejector strength from 255 to low enough to just get the ball out of the trough into the shooter lane
Check the dr. Strange spinner for level and adjusted it
Played the sh!t out of it
You may want to update the code to .94 but I would play first then update to make sure all mechanicals are good before upgrading.
I’m sure others will have a better list/ideas.
Not an expert on Mylar, but they already have a number of Mylar inserts placed all over. You should be fine to play for a while in any case.

Thanks Broohaha!

Had a chance to unpack and perform the startup checks today. Everything went smoothly and the only problem I saw was a loose connector on the cpu board when going through your list. I’m sure that alone saved me a lot of hassle and time if I had just fired it up and found weird behavior when playing.

My machine is fresh off the factory line with a manufacture date of only a couple weeks ago. It had .94 code already. I inspected the level of the spinner and it was perfect. I inspected the antman ball guide and it’s already lifted off the play field with a washer. I guess stern listened to the feedback. The Thor ball guide does not have a washer, but it doesn’t appear to be digging into the play field. There are a lot of ball guide mounting points on this play field, I’ll go around with a magnifying glass tomorrow.

Installed cliffs shooter lane protectors and set the ejector strength way down to 150. My kids and I put 8 games on it so far tonight. This game is awesome

#3668 3 years ago

Loving my Avengers and respectfully asking - any idea when the BATTLE THANOS mode will be added back in the game? Curious to see Adam Warlock in the game as well. Happy Holidays everyone and wishing you all good health, prosperity, happiness and peace.

#3669 3 years ago

My distro called me yesterday and my premium will be delivered today. I havent been in this topic over the last 2-3 months. Is there some news that plopped off in this time that i missed without reading the whole thread?

Looking forward to compare it to my JP2.

#3670 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Loving my Avengers and respectfully asking - any idea when the BATTLE THANOS mode will be added back in the game? Curious to see Adam Warlock in the game as well. Happy Holidays everyone and wishing you all good health, prosperity, happiness and peace.

I’ve been waiting for some kind of Adam Warlock mode as well. He didn’t just make it onto the playfield by mistake lol.

Cmon Stern, we know you read these threads!! Give the people what they want!!

#3671 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I’ve been waiting for some kind of Adam Warlock mode as well. He didn’t just make it onto the playfield by mistake lol.
Cmon Stern, we know you read these threads!! Give the people what they want!!

Yeppers. It was REALLY frustrating to finally get all the gems and then have to put the soul gem up to play again for the time gem and I lost the soul gem. Eeesh. No idea how long it will take me to get all of the gems again. First world problem .

Speaking of playing field, I FINALLY noticed Ant-Man off to the right where the mystery ball shot goes . I need to slowly look at all the details and appreciate them more on the playing field . Great artwork, Mr. Yeti .

#3672 3 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Finally got my AIQ Premium today and set it up. Perfect out of the box and everything is aligned, etc... Only got a chance to play 2-3 games but I have some first impressions. I think this my be my most favorite pin I’ve owned (I know, it’s just the honeymoon)
1) Unique layout with shots everywhere. Much easier and more approachable than Jurassic Park.
2) Purely subjective but great theme. Loved Star Wars as a theme but I did get tired of it constantly kicking me in the nuts (though I do miss that one)
3) Fantastic art - up there with Deadpool
4) Like the battle format like Deadpool
5) Tons of flow, much more than Jurassic or Deadpool. I’ve never had more combos in my life and that was my first game. I feel like even when I miss my intended shot, the ball does rarely clunks and travels smoothly somewhere.
6) Love the all metal ramps, trails, etc
7) haven’t gotten much of chance to listen to the call outs but nothing glaringly annoying (looking at you little Deadpool)
8) Appears to be very deep with lots of potential to explore the code
9) Why does that Captain Marvel ramp feel so good to hit? I don’t know why but it sure does.
10) the ball drop for Hawkeye reminds me of the missile shot on Jurassic but easier
11) Hulk spinner fun to rip. Not as good as the spinner on Jurassic but close
Complaints so far... well, I need to re-read the pdf with all the rules but in general I have a hard time figuring out what I’m supposed to be shooting for. Hopefully with some more time that won’t matter. And I’m going to add a couple LED spots to shine on the middle of the play field that is pretty dark.

I’ve had my LE for months now so pretty much out the new pin honeymoon stage and I honestly still feel it’s the best game I have ever owned for the reason you listed above!

Once you get more of a grip on the rules the game just gets better and better.

#3673 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

No that doesn't solve it at all. I've reduced from 255 down to 180 and it then never makes it around the loop to the flipper and I've still had auto launch balls lodge under the gauntlet. And, as someone else said, it happens on a manual plunge too, that video was with manual plunges. If it doesn't end up sticking under the gauntlet then often the loss of velocity caused by the bouncing around means it doesn't make it all the way around onto the ramp and down to the flipper, even with a full plunge.

Quoted from EaglePin:

For balls hanging up after going in Antman there's a DIY option that should fix it if you don't want to wait for the replacement plastic part. It's worked on mine.

Thanks, I was hoping for soemthing that didn't involve disassembling the whole thing. I guess this is just a less extreme version of what Stern have actually done by removing the end of it?

Quoted from Lermods:

On the subway fix, I received the updated part from stern two days ago and it corrects the issue. Sorry, I didn't take a pic of the new part before I put it in, should have. But, the picture below shows the old part, the red line I have drawn is completely cut out on the new part, which helps the ball fall into the scoop. I suppose you could try to make the same cut on your existing part and then file it down to smooth it out.
Replacement took about 30 mins, about 6 or 7 connectors to remove and three parts to take off, not too bad at all.
[quoted image]

Hmmm, so probably 1-2 hours for me then! I might take a look at that when I have some time. By cut out, do you mean that there's still the same gap all the way, or just that the two sides are split (eg can I just cut through, or do I need to cut out the whole channel).

#3674 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

That's the overlap from the shooter lane ramp, it sits under the rail guide. Looks like there still may be some protective plastic covering on it.

That was it. I was able to use some tweezers and peel the plastic off the overlap. The BP shot seems to be smoother now.

Now I'm having another intermittent problem. Sometimes when my left flipper is pressed, a ball enters the shooter lane, or some other random switch fires, the left slingshot fires by itself. Any ideas what could be causing that?

#3675 3 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

No that doesn't solve it at all. I've reduced from 255 down to 180 and it then never makes it around the loop to the flipper and I've still had auto launch balls lodge under the gauntlet. And, as someone else said, it happens on a manual plunge too, that video was with manual plunges. If it doesn't end up sticking under the gauntlet then often the loss of velocity caused by the bouncing around means it doesn't make it all the way around onto the ramp and down to the flipper, even with a full plunge.

Thanks, I was hoping for soemthing that didn't involve disassembling the whole thing. I guess this is just a less extreme version of what Stern have actually done by removing the end of it?

Hmmm, so probably 1-2 hours for me then! I might take a look at that when I have some time. By cut out, do you mean that there's still the same gap all the way, or just that the two sides are split (eg can I just cut through, or do I need to cut out the whole channel).

I’ll do a slo-mo of my ball launch later today and send it over to see if there’s a difference. I’m pretty sure balls coming out my shooter lane hold onto the right of the shooter lane wall and drop into the orbit smoothly but I’ll confirm with a slow mo so you can hopefully get this fixed ASAP!

#3676 3 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

Now I'm having another intermittent problem. Sometimes when my left flipper is pressed, a ball enters the shooter lane, or some other random switch fires, the left slingshot fires by itself. Any ideas what could be causing that?

If there is a ball in the shooter lane and the game registers a playfield switch it will fire the shooter. Go into the switch test to see what switch is triggering, more than likely a leaf switch that is set too close.

#3677 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

If there is a ball in the shooter lane and the game registers a playfield switch it will fire the shooter. Go into the switch test to see what switch is triggering, more than likely a leaf switch that is set too close.

That's likely the issue. It seems the vibration of the left flipper activation or ball trough eject causes the left slingshot to fire on it's own. What's the best way to slightly separate the left slingshot leaf switch. Just bend them manually? Sorry, kind of a noob at this stuff

#3678 3 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

What's the best way to slightly separate the left slingshot leaf switch. Just bend them manually?

Yeah basically.

They sell leaf switch adjustment tools to make it a little easier, but you can do it with tweezers or pliers too if you are careful.

https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-SWK-B

That will typically be an adjustment you have to make from time to time. With all the beatings they take sometimes they get out of whack.

#3679 3 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Yep. Unless you can get a file at it through the side opening in VUK while the playfield is up you'll need to remove the assembly to use the file, but if you file a good taper into the end of that channel it should work great for you.

#3680 3 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

By cut out, do you mean that there's still the same gap all the way, or just that the two sides are split (eg can I just cut through, or do I need to cut out the whole channel).

you just need to dremel out the red line in my pic and then smooth it out.

#3681 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Thanks for the suggestion-I actually ended up taking the mech off to look at it, and it looks like finger #1 (closest to the VUK) isn't getting pushed up properly. It's slipping down beside the horizontal plate instead of getting pushed up by it. Might need a spacer of some sort-I'll experiment with it a little.

#3682 3 years ago

Because no one has has brought this up yet - the new AIQ premiums come with washers on the leg bolts ! I looked threw the manual and the setup sheet that comes with the game and no mention of the washers for the bolts .I watched the unboxing LE with the G.O.A.T and it did not have the washers . I went ahead and used them under the bolt head and - they just look funny . So are you useing them or not ? I never knew leg bolts were a problem that you would need washers ?

#3683 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Because no one has has brought this up yet - the new AIQ premiums come with washers on the leg bolts ! I looked threw the manual and the setup sheet that comes with the game and no mention of the washers for the bolts .I watched the unboxing LE with the G.O.A.T and it did not have the washers . I went ahead and used them under the bolt head and - they just look funny . So are you useing them or not ? I never knew leg bolts were a problem that you would need washers ?

I had metal washers in my LE but I never use them. I use the pinguard coloured nylon washers. Purple washers look great with the LEs yellow.

3C69D4FF-7952-483E-A1C2-794978E6440A (resized).jpeg3C69D4FF-7952-483E-A1C2-794978E6440A (resized).jpeg

#3684 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

Thanks Broohaha!
Had a chance to unpack and perform the startup checks today. Everything went smoothly and the only problem I saw was a loose connector on the cpu board when going through your list. I’m sure that alone saved me a lot of hassle and time if I had just fired it up and found weird behavior when playing.

Glad that helped! I keep thinking of things: Make sure the playing angle is to your liking. Use the bubble if you must, but I used the "PinGuy" phone app to measure angle up and down, left and right. Think I'm at 6.7 degrees, but I get the feeling it's a personal choice.

#3685 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I had metal washers in my LE but I never use them. I use the pinguard coloured nylon washers. Purple washers look great with the LEs yellow.
[quoted image]

Yeah, it's nice that Stern is at least finally TRYING (I think Batman '66 SLE is the first one I noticed the metal washers included), but as usual, it's a quarter measure. I definitely prefer thick nylon washers, too. I'm not super-picky about the color, though. I usually just get white or black ones at the hardware store.

#3686 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Thanks so much for this, sounds to be exactly my issue. I'll work with my distributor to get one of those kits.

The distributor told me to reach out to Stern directly. Mailed them Thursday, received a response Friday afternoon - they are sending me the leveling kit and the subway fix, even though I've only had the subway issue impact me once (I told them that, but they're pre-emptively sending it anyway, which I thought was nice).

#3687 3 years ago

Disclaimer: I love this game, so I'm hoping this is seen as constructive. It's written with the hope that someone from Stern is reading. And yes, I know this has been broached previously, but...

I'm watching a live stream about their Led Zep reveal (as I type this). It's a completely different theme, and different layout, so it's not meant to be a direct comparison. This feedback is primarily focused on the richness of the LCD animations (acknowledging that Led Zep is a lot of video footage). When I look at AIQ's variety and animation against what I see with Led Zep, it's night and day. I would love it if Stern could indicate "Hey, 2020- Covid - cut us some slack, we wanted to launch the game so everyone in their bubble can have some fun. We're working on it. Have plans to remove the damn trophy room as the default, etc..."

Perhaps it's all about the game design process and the people involved, but I truly believe that (with current code) the AIQ has so much opportunity to improve.
Ledzep (resized).jpgLedzep (resized).jpg
To be clear, I'm not knocking the Capt America ball save animation. Just trying to share a couple shots from Led Zep.

What say you?

#3688 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

Disclaimer: I love this game, so I'm hoping this is seen as constructive. It's written with the hope that someone from Stern is reading. And yes, I know this has been broached previously, but...
I'm watching a live stream about their Led Zep reveal (as I type this). It's a completely different theme, and different layout, so it's not meant to be a direct comparison. This feedback is purely richness of the LCD animations (acknowledging that Led Zep is a lot of video footage). When I look at AIQ's variety and animation against what I see with Led Zep, it's night and day. I would love it if Stern could indicate "Hey, 2020- Covid - cut us some slack, we wanted to launch the game so everyone in their bubble can have some fun. We're working on it. Have plans to remove the damn trophy room as the default, etc..."
Perhaps it's all about the game design process and the people involved, but I truly believe that (with current code) the AIQ has so much opportunity to improve.
[quoted image]
To be clear, I'm not knocking the Capt America ball save animation. Just trying to share a couple shots from Led Zep.
What say you?

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the trophy room, especially since it is what the screen displays most of the time... maybe if it was much more colorful it would be better. Now the Deadpool main screen is pretty cool with DP playing pinball in his game room!

#3689 3 years ago

I know many opinions differ, but I personally LOVE the motion comic style, and I think it works perfectly with the theme and game style. I love every animation I have seen. I think the team responsible for the art style and animation absolutely nailed it. My only (minor) complaint is the trophy room default screen. That, I will agree should be something more exciting and theme appropriate. Go ahead and show the trophy room when a trophy is earned, and maybe during the bonus countdown or end of the game so you can admire what you have earned, but it is out of place as the default screen. Even something as simple as a swirling vortex/portal, exterior shots of The Sanctum, Avengers Tower, Wakanda, etc...or even something like a quinjet or helicarrier flying around would work better. But again, that's just a minor complaint about an otherwise stellar A/V package in my opinion.

#3690 3 years ago

My AIQ Premium arrived today! Thanks to JJ and his GameExchange team for delivery and great communication through the wait. Made a few of the adjustments suggested here on launch power etc... It’s been smooth playing since setup. My AntMan guide has washers and the Thor Guide is quite clear of the playfield. May slide a few washers in anyway. Subway works no issues, same with the portal.

Clearly much easier to hit the Marvel Ramp when I’m not thinking of it.

A0EB55BC-E736-4AC0-B990-0682339B68CF (resized).jpegA0EB55BC-E736-4AC0-B990-0682339B68CF (resized).jpeg
#3691 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

My AIQ Premium arrived today!
[quoted image]

Congrats! Great to hear all set up well out of the box.

#3692 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

The distributor told me to reach out to Stern directly. Mailed them Thursday, received a response Friday afternoon - they are sending me the leveling kit and the subway fix, even though I've only had the subway issue impact me once (I told them that, but they're pre-emptively sending it anyway, which I thought was nice).

Wow, glad you're getting the replacement from Stern but I would be pretty disappointed in my distributor if I got that response. Mine has never hesitated to handle communication with a manufacturer on an issue for me.

#3693 3 years ago

Just picked up a premium today from Chris at Kingpin

20201218_225127 (resized).jpg20201218_225127 (resized).jpg
#3694 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Wow, glad you're getting the replacement from Stern but I would be pretty disappointed in my distributor if I got that response. Mine has never hesitated to handle communication with a manufacturer on an issue for me.

I don't see how the distributor adds much in this case. He gave me an email address, I sent the message, and that was it. Better then having a middle man interpret - If Stern doesnt mind, I don't mind.

#3695 3 years ago

I need a flipper technique tip: I’m having trouble hitting the hulk spinner shot with any strength purposely. I either miss and smack the top of the upper flipper, or I get the drop targets. I can’t quite zone in on the shot.

#3696 3 years ago
Quoted from BrackAttack:

I need a flipper technique tip: I’m having trouble hitting the hulk spinner shot with any strength purposely. I either miss and smack the top of the upper flipper, or I get the drop targets. I can’t quite zone in on the shot.

Aim for the Iron Man insert. You’ll dial into the spinner pretty quick.

#3697 3 years ago

I found a hitch pin in the bottom of my cabinet Anyone know what this was for?

Wolfmarsh answered - thanks

#3698 3 years ago

Holds the cash box in place.

#3699 3 years ago

Avoid the AIQ NIB experience and buy this AIQ

NIB potential problems :

Ball walker weld - mech falls apart
Spinning disc - magnet board works when it wants to
Inner loop opto - quits after settling to a point where the beam is blocked

all fixed and pre-dimpled

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “**Delivery now available - drop off or setup ** Contact for price CLIFFY's installed (outhole and drop targets not yet done) Spinning Disc Leveling kit installed - NO MORE AIRBALL...”
2020-12-19
East Stroudsburg, PA
Archived after: 58 days
Viewed: 3834 times
Contributed to Pinside

#3700 3 years ago

Not entirely sure how I built it so high, but cashed it in with Lv2 Capt America along with Reality Gem

20201219_151902 (resized).jpg20201219_151902 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/74?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.