04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 255.
#3451 3 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those poor wireforms

#3452 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Those poor wireforms

They aren't yours now are they?

#3453 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

I've read through every post here and there still seems to be some confusion with the Dr. Strange spinner. The ONLY issue I'm having is the brass bushing falling out (as another poster referenced) so I'm not sure whether I need to ask Stern for the Disc Leveling Bushing replacement kit (as some posters have referenced) because it looks like the replacement part is not directly related to the brass bushing staying in place. I've posted 2 pics - bushing in place and not in place. The bushing falls out after 1-2 plays. The good news is I've become adept at opening up the playfield. The bad news is I'm done doing that until I know how to permanently fix this. When the bushing is in place, it spins and plays flawlessly. With it not in place, the disc is uneven with the playing field and doesn't spin well (as expected).
I just contacted Stern through their "contact us" on their website but not overly optimistic I'll hear back quickly. I don't have any direct email contacts over there yet.

Try [email protected] for warranty help.

#3454 3 years ago

If anyone is interested in getting a better look for Thanos Gauntlet. My painter came up with look for the 2 Pinball Refinery LEs that I am working on. It will be $175.00 plus shipping to have it painted. Here's a few before and after pictures.
I'll get them installed in the machines soon if someone wants to see that look.
Just PM me if you would like this done.
Steve
Mi Pinball Refinery

Wow looks fantastic! Would love to do this once my Premium arrives. How long of a turn around time would it take to get it back one it arrives to you?

#3455 3 years ago

Thank you so much. I just emailed Pablo.

Wow....what a great community.

#3456 3 years ago

If anyone is interested in getting a better look for Thanos Gauntlet. My painter came up with look for the 2 Pinball Refinery LEs that I am working on. It will be $175.00 plus shipping to have it painted. Here's a few before and after pictures.
Steve
Mi Pinball Refinery

I don't mind the comic book look of the gauntlet, but I do like how your gems turned out. Is that a special transparent paint if you don't mind me asking?

#3457 3 years ago

Steve
Mi Pinball Refinery

That looks nice (holy crap what a lot of detail work!), but I think a vacuum metallized one would give the "wow" factor people are looking for because it would look like actual shiny gold with reflective surfaces. I'll check and see if it's even a feasible option cost-wise. I've done it before, but at much larger quantities.

#3458 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Thank you so much. I just emailed Pablo.
Wow....what a great community.

I've been on Pinside for 4 years now, (collecting for 20), and I've only scratched the surface of the threads on here, but I have to say the goodwill of the community in general and from what I've seen, PinMonk specifically is always willing to help in any way they can! People like that make this hobby great!

#3459 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I've been on Pinside for 4 years now, (collecting for 20), and I've only scratched the surface of the threads on here, but I have to say the goodwill of the community in general and from what I've seen, vireland specifically is always willing to help in any way they can! People like that make this hobby great!

Thanks, but I'm a mere shadow of @ltg.

#3460 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Cut and pasted from Hemispheres Amusements’ site:
All this code exists in v0.94.0
Adjustments (only appear if the topper node 12 is connected):
"TOPPER ACTIVE IN ATTRACT MODE" - YES (Default) - topper light shows will play in attract mode / NO - topper lights will be static in attract mode (always on)
"TOPPER GEMS START MODE" - YES (Default)- turns on the ability to collect gems on the topper during the game (non-competition mode games only) / NO - topper gems cannot be collected and topper mode cannot be started
How to start the Topper Mode:
Collect all 6 gems featured on the topper during the course of normal gameplay. Each unlit gem you collect during your normal game will light up solid on the topper when collected. Once the 6th gem is collected, the mode will start right away before releasing the ball from the tower up post.
Topper Mode is Progressive:
Each gem you collect on the topper is progressive in that it carries over from game to game for all players. So whoever is lucky / skillful enough to collect the proper gem starts it. Once the mode is started, all topper gems are un-lit until the next time they are all lit again within the mode. When Gem mode ends the topper gems will be unlit until the player starts accumulating gems in regular gameplay again. Topper gems are also power tolerant, so they will carry over even if you power off your game.
Gem Mania mode name:
Features a dynamic randomly generated mode name! Could be Gem Mania, but also can be Stone Frenzy, Rock Craze, Elemental Delirium or more. Although the mode name is completely random, the mode itself has the same rules regardless of the name it gets.
Attract Mode:
- The dynamic name is used for the High Score Champion for Gem Mania
- There is also a topper page in the attract screens that says how many gems are left to collect before starting Gem Mania. When this page shows up in attract mode the topper gem lamps are flashed if they are yet to be collected and the ones that are currently collected are solidly lit.
Gem Mania Rules:
- 3 ball multiball
- 1M Points awarded for starting the mode
- All Arrows are lit White for a small Jackpot of 150K
- All Gems are initially un-lit, but can be lit up as switch thresholds are reached
- Switch threshold starts at 50 and then increments by 10 each as each Gem is lit and collected
- When Gem is lit, all Gem inserts light up on the shots (placed in topper order left to right)
- Shoot a lit Gem to collect the current Final Jackpot value at 1X, increment the X for the Final Jackpot, and restart the switch collecting phase for the next Gem
- Final Jackpot value starts at 5K and increments by 5K for each switch hit as the mode progresses
- If you drain down to one ball before collecting the 6th gem you have 10 seconds to shoot the Gauntlet Ramp to cash out your Final Jackpot at the current multiplier or the mode ends.
- Otherwise, collecting the 6th Gem cashes out the Final Jackpot and the flippers go dead until the balls are recovered and the mode ends.
- Up to three Add-A-Balls can be awarded by spelling out THOR at the captive ball

Awesome, seems very unique.

#3461 3 years ago

A3E92447-BA0D-4143-934F-891FAB287896 (resized).jpegA3E92447-BA0D-4143-934F-891FAB287896 (resized).jpegI know the figure mod stuff can easily look tacky.
I saw these for $7ea @ Walmart.

I’m going to keep it to just these three figures.
The size seems right, detail and paint on the Hallmark stuff is great, but they are brittle if smacked with a ball.

0C9ED283-0592-4F46-8E75-01D0A29ECCC4 (resized).jpeg0C9ED283-0592-4F46-8E75-01D0A29ECCC4 (resized).jpeg25B87F54-528C-4AFE-9EFB-F4BE95072371 (resized).jpeg25B87F54-528C-4AFE-9EFB-F4BE95072371 (resized).jpeg94FD1E5C-DA68-4D7D-82C4-E748227FB05D (resized).jpeg94FD1E5C-DA68-4D7D-82C4-E748227FB05D (resized).jpegC5B0C517-39BB-479A-B687-27676666D887 (resized).jpegC5B0C517-39BB-479A-B687-27676666D887 (resized).jpeg
#3462 3 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

[quoted image]I know the figure mod stuff can easily look tacky.
I saw these for $7ea @ Walmart.
I’m going to keep it to just these three figures.
The size seems right, detail and paint on the Hallmark stuff is great, but they are brittle if smacked with a ball.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get your ramps decals?

#3464 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:Wow looks fantastic! Would love to do this once my Premium arrives. How long of a turn around time would it take to get it back one it arrives to you?

Once I receive it, my painter can finish it less than a week. He is a school teacher and can work it into his schedule.

Thanks for the question,

Steve
Mi Pinball Refinery

#3465 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I don't mind the comic book look of the gauntlet, but I do like how your gems turned out. Is that a special transparent paint if you don't mind me asking?

I have no idea... I don't paint them, I have a art teacher do it.

#3466 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks, but I'm a mere shadow of ltg.

Similarly helpful for sure!

I am familiar with LTG from my days on RGP years ago...

#3467 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Dude . AIQLE is TWDLE good. If you can land one, do it. Best game for me since TWDLE. great job Stern.
Stern can release 10 more titles. AIQLE is going to be really hard to top.

My thoughts exactly. And I’m not even an Avengers fan. Haven’t even seen the movies.

#3468 3 years ago

I have no idea... I don't paint them, I have a art teacher do it.

An art teacher or their student? (This is a joke)

#3469 3 years ago

It's a art teacher that just graduated from college.. Why are you saying it's joke? Why would I say this and then you assume something different.

#3470 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I believe Cliffy already has those measurements and photos, the full protector set he offers has been updated to include a front edge protector, I’ve got one and it seems to work great.
Major issue with that scoop is mounting there’s a lot in that area under the playfield and the ramp has a flap that drops into the scoop on the right side taking up all the free space to mount.
It’s maihly that front edge that needs protecting so get one of those edge protectors on your and I think your good.

So how did you install it? Just got an LE and want to protect the mystery scoop!

#3471 3 years ago

Anyone know a place that has the topper in stock to order?

#3472 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Anyone know a place that has the topper in stock to order?

Here you go. Don’t buy the last one in case I want one. Just kidding.

https://cointaker.com/products/avengers-infinity-quest-topper

#3473 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Here you go. Don’t buy the last one in case I want one. Just kidding.
https://cointaker.com/products/avengers-infinity-quest-topper

Thank you. Forgot to check them.

#3474 3 years ago

So I found this white, foamy, piece rolling around in the middle of a game today. Anyone know what it is or belongs to?

I thought it was a piece of plastic at first but it’s definitely not that...

FD3FAD5F-C3A0-4755-A5D3-A73BB7DD60C9 (resized).jpegFD3FAD5F-C3A0-4755-A5D3-A73BB7DD60C9 (resized).jpeg
#3475 3 years ago

So I installed my Topper yesterday and to be honest, I am less than impressed. The lights are very bright, especially the central one behind Dr. Strange. It blinds anyone standing to the side of the shooter. The lights behind the stones also wash out the colors of the gems. I am going to have to see if there is someway I can place pieces of gel film behind the gems or otherwise add color to the stones and also if I can 'turn down' the intensity of the lights. As you can see, I like Toppers and the one that still remains my favorite is on my AFMR LE

20201205_122945 (resized).jpg20201205_122945 (resized).jpg20201205_123159 (resized).jpg20201205_123159 (resized).jpg20201205_123133 (resized).jpg20201205_123133 (resized).jpg
#3476 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

So I installed my Topper yesterday and to be honest, I am less than impressed. The lights are very bright, especially the central one behind Dr. Strange. It blinds anyone standing to the side of the shooter. The lights behind the stones also wash out the colors of the gems. I am going to have to see if there is someway I can place pieces of gel film behind the gems or otherwise add color to the stones and also if I can 'turn down' the intensity of the lights. As you can see, I like Toppers and the one that still remains my favorite is on my AFMR LE
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does it do anything interesting other than blind spectators? For the price, you'd think it'd be something interactive and unique.

#3477 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Does it do anything interesting other than blind spectators? For the price, you'd think it'd be something interactive and unique.

Not really. Just flashing lights and plastic. Disappointing.

#3478 3 years ago

It's a art teacher that just graduated from college.. Why are you saying it's joke? Why would I say this and then you assume something different.

I took it it as a joke, I've now got a vision of the teacher receiving a dozen gauntlets and passing them to his students to paint as a 'project' for credit.

It was clearly meant humorously, especially as he added it's a joke.

#3479 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I took it it as a joke, I've now got a vision of the teacher receiving a dozen gauntlets and passing them to his students to paint as a 'project' for credit.
It was clearly meant humorously, especially as he added it's a joke.

Ok, no worries.. I get it now . That's a good one, but no he is doing it himself.

#3480 3 years ago

Where’s ZMeny with the AIQ topper review??

#3481 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

The new Stern toppers just suck! How could they make BKSOR so awesome, and then produce this generic plastic crap with a couple LEDs and sell them for the same price? It's because we keep buying them, Stern has us by the balls if you ask me.

#3482 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Where’s zmeny with the AIQ topper review??

Here I am I did not do a video for my Avengers topper unboxing. One, because Stern kind of already had a release video of it in action & two, I don't think Stern necessarily supports my accessories unboxings. All in all, its a nice looking topper, completes the look of my machine, interacts nicely with the game, and is cheaper than the other recent toppers....but then again....I'm merely a shill trying to take everyone's money with LIES hahaha #buybuybuy

#3483 3 years ago

Our latest mod, custom designed illuminated Black Panther. Interactive with the GI lighting, overhangs the wire form so the ball passes just under him. Available on our website and in our pinside shop.

2381AF72-650D-43DB-8BE9-5F499812F2BE (resized).jpeg2381AF72-650D-43DB-8BE9-5F499812F2BE (resized).jpeg5E7664AE-F748-45A9-9E61-FE3B6A19250E (resized).jpeg5E7664AE-F748-45A9-9E61-FE3B6A19250E (resized).jpeg

#3484 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

We are done with Toppers. We feel they have become too overpriced and do not offer good value for money for us.

There is Gel you can get to dim down the lights. We have used tinted plastic before. You have to remember the LED still needs air around it.

#3485 3 years ago

After my recent post on the AIQ Premium Dr. Strange spinner disc issue, I thought I should counterbalance that with what is working well. There have been various issues reported (other than the spinner disc) so thought I would share my experience.

Machine: AIQ Premium (manufacture date: 10/27/2020) - NIB
Software: V0.94 (I updated it immediately from V0.92)
Days playing: 2
# of plays: 109
Pitch Angle: 6.5 using PinGuy App. Varies slightly from upper to lower playfield.
Settings: All factory settings – no adjustments

What is working well:

Subway Mech: It has flawlessly moved the balls to the VUK and up kicked over to the right flipper perfectly. Not one issue. Multi-ball staging has also worked flawlessly. I’m guessing I have the redesigned mech based on other posts I’ve read. Also, I can see the top half of the balls in the subway and can also see the lights – others have expressed a concern over this. I’m 6’3” so that helps, but I also have the machine set up relatively high on the feet so I don’t have to hunch over to reach the flippers. A quick lean forward and I can see the full ball. Playnote: I love the subway mech and feels it adds to the experience.

Return Rail (crossing left to right to feed right flipper): I haven’t had a single ball fall off the rail.

Avengers Lock Tower: Working perfectly – if the shot is hit appropriately, it grabs it

Stuck balls: Haven’t had a stuck ball yet

Switches/Sensors/Spinners: I’m a total pinball noob but as far as I can tell everything is registering correctly.

Glass: No issues sliding it off/on – I’ve done this WAY more than I would have originally envisioned and no issues whatsoever. Seems exactly the same as my JP Pro (my only other machine). Easy to remove and replace.

Finally, not sure how or why, but it seems like this machine is super smooth with the ball rolling and the flipper action. My only other comparison is JP Pro, but somehow this feels different in a great way, and it’s unlikely it’s due to my JP Pro needing a wax because I’ve only had that for about 1 ½ weeks.

Overall, I’d buy this again in a heartbeat even with the Dr. Strange spinner disc issue – I’m sure that will get fixed in due time. The crazy thing is I bought this more for my son than me (theme wise, if it was just me, I would have gone Iron Maiden Premium, if I could have found one) but dang is this thing a hoot.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go play some bad pinball – my elementary school-aged son is currently the GC and I’ve probably played 3x more games than him. Ugh. And, yes, I can’t help myself – I keep pushing that brass bushing up so we can keep playing.

#3486 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Our latest mod, custom designed illuminated Black Panther. Interactive with the GI lighting, overhangs the wire form so the ball passes just under him. Available on our website and in our pinside shop.

[quoted image][quoted image]

He should at least light up purple. Either way, this guy looks really sad.

#3487 3 years ago

Time to - Knock on wood !

#3488 3 years ago

Best stream to learn about the rules, ideally .94?

#3489 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

raydaypinball Youtube channel has some good ones about gem uses. For the basics try Deadflip

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2JjtWMcmCVX3KhPNiR4w3Q

https://www.youtube.com/c/DEADFLIP/videos

#3490 3 years ago

Try Karl DeAngelo’s stream too. There’s some good info on there and Ray’s stream.

https://twitch.tv/iepinball

#3491 3 years ago

Hey all, new pinballer here - just joined pinside.com. Purchased JP Pro 2 weeks ago, got hooked so..... AIQ Premium showed up yesterday. Both NIB. I wrote up a lengthy story - should be posted soon in the Stories section. Great community, btw - without this I probably would not have made the purchases.
I've read through every post here and there still seems to be some confusion with the Dr. Strange spinner. The ONLY issue I'm having is the brass bushing falling out (as another poster referenced) so I'm not sure whether I need to ask Stern for the Disc Leveling Bushing replacement kit (as some posters have referenced) because it looks like the replacement part is not directly related to the brass bushing staying in place. I've posted 2 pics - bushing in place and not in place. The bushing falls out after 1-2 plays. The good news is I've become adept at opening up the playfield. The bad news is I'm done doing that until I know how to permanently fix this. When the bushing is in place, it spins and plays flawlessly. With it not in place, the disc is uneven with the playing field and doesn't spin well (as expected).
I just contacted Stern through their "contact us" on their website but not overly optimistic I'll hear back quickly. I don't have any direct email contacts over there yet.
Wondering if those who have mentioned this issue of the bushing falling out have either:
1) Solved it with some blue Loctite (or other) to hold bushing in place (another poster suggested that)
2) Solved it with the Leveling Bushing Replacement kit (the key part in the kit is 545-1231-00)
Any feedback greatly appreciated. Sorry to re-hash previous topics but my suspicion is there may be multiple issues with the spinner and I want to make sure I do the correct fix. Cheers.
[quoted image][ I used blue loctite and the bushing hasnt fell out anymore

#3492 3 years ago

Mirror side blades from Cointaker installed. Pics don’t do it justice, such a great mod for the price.E3607561-AC5B-4B4C-B30F-6225A9E3629D (resized).jpegE3607561-AC5B-4B4C-B30F-6225A9E3629D (resized).jpeg59404C95-0177-4335-9E64-5F8936A72099 (resized).jpeg59404C95-0177-4335-9E64-5F8936A72099 (resized).jpegBA2B9FF0-9BC0-464C-A2D8-83A073AB022B (resized).jpegBA2B9FF0-9BC0-464C-A2D8-83A073AB022B (resized).jpeg

#3493 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Will be Streaming at 7:30
https://twitch.tv/pinballconspiracy
But I cant compare to iepinball’s portal cam
I could stare at that all day

#3494 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

Will be Streaming at 7:30
https://twitch.tv/pinballconspiracy
But I cant compare to iepinball’s portal cam
I could stare at that all day

Portal cam?

Any links to what this looks like?

#3495 3 years ago

I am so happy! Just in time for the 25% in Europe... i hope that will be over soon. My hart is pumping Its fast, nice shots, flow, gameplay, lights and sounds are immersive.
I am still in the honeymoon fase but its so good.
Deep rules are also nice for home use.
Hope there will be more theatherical intro’s and lightshows.
Love the integration of the lightshows when ironman multibal is going the intro is red and yellow etc of the charts.
What a game

#3496 3 years ago
03EDBB8D-A2DF-4441-AFAD-46A913CE158E (resized).jpeg03EDBB8D-A2DF-4441-AFAD-46A913CE158E (resized).jpeg7ED907AF-D64A-4497-BBF4-045E120B8AC6 (resized).jpeg7ED907AF-D64A-4497-BBF4-045E120B8AC6 (resized).jpegECC01F82-1C18-487E-9EA9-53ACFCC6830F (resized).jpegECC01F82-1C18-487E-9EA9-53ACFCC6830F (resized).jpeg
#3497 3 years ago

Finally received the updated subway mech from Stern today. Thought I’d share with the group. Took a little over a month.2FF1DF17-8CB3-46A6-91C5-D88131CBE1EC (resized).jpeg2FF1DF17-8CB3-46A6-91C5-D88131CBE1EC (resized).jpegC3535C9E-A720-48AF-8507-AD7E1E524D52 (resized).jpegC3535C9E-A720-48AF-8507-AD7E1E524D52 (resized).jpeg

#3499 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Finally received the updated subway mech from Stern today. Thought I’d share with the group. Took a little over a month.[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine is definitely the old style, but haven't had any issues luckily.

#3500 3 years ago

Installed the Avengers topper I made. Lighted with Comet LED strips in front of each figure.

48D43AEC-8F74-4DA8-951A-557394072E21 (resized).jpeg48D43AEC-8F74-4DA8-951A-557394072E21 (resized).jpeg93A6C855-9747-4408-BA09-A6A01E68B4A4 (resized).jpeg93A6C855-9747-4408-BA09-A6A01E68B4A4 (resized).jpeg9C33B1EC-E179-4843-9887-03B686E2031A (resized).jpeg9C33B1EC-E179-4843-9887-03B686E2031A (resized).jpegAF9778C8-655D-449A-AF1E-4EF33D5D158C (resized).jpegAF9778C8-655D-449A-AF1E-4EF33D5D158C (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

8,924 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/70?hl=shootermcd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.