04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 255.
#3351 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

AIQ Toppers incoming.

So over Stern toppers. If anything has jumped the shark in this hobby, it’s Stern toppers.

#3352 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So over Stern toppers. If anything has jumped the shark in this hobby, it’s Stern toppers.

Sorry to ruin your day.

#3353 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Sorry to ruin your day.

You should be.

Just jk, I’m happy if others are looking forward to it.

#3354 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

AIQ Toppers incoming.

Just installed mine.
Merry Christmas!!

20201202_201404 (resized).jpg20201202_201404 (resized).jpg
#3355 3 years ago

Anyone see the NEW Pinball Life AIG "post mod"?

https://www.pinballlife.com/avengers-infinity-quest-outlane-post-mod.html

For frustrated home users like me?

PBL-100-0120-00 (2)_220x300 (resized).jpgPBL-100-0120-00 (2)_220x300 (resized).jpgPBL-100-0120-00_300x199 (resized).jpgPBL-100-0120-00_300x199 (resized).jpg
#3356 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

just joined the club. How do you make that subway move faster underneath...? Ball goes from gate to gate after portal lock. I want it to just go right through.
Thanks

1) update to the latest code. It speeds up the mech

2) there is a subway mech timer setting in the adjustments. Bring it down to around 750 to speed up the gate timing

#3357 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Just had a set delivered. I'm going to try them out tomorrow! A wise man once told me: "Pinball is hard enough."

#3358 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

1) update to the latest code. It speeds up the mech
2) there is a subway mech timer setting in the adjustments. Bring it down to around 750 to speed up the gate timing

Awesome thanks!

#3359 3 years ago

I just got my powder coat installed which was done by Robert stone. I went with Violet Frost. Robert always does great work.

F8433DD2-FEB3-46AC-B9F5-FE6853217187 (resized).jpegF8433DD2-FEB3-46AC-B9F5-FE6853217187 (resized).jpegDD20DAF6-2E7A-468D-A85A-AC9B71ED0A13 (resized).jpegDD20DAF6-2E7A-468D-A85A-AC9B71ED0A13 (resized).jpegF61383A0-BC0B-4685-9BB9-516A0AED5969 (resized).jpegF61383A0-BC0B-4685-9BB9-516A0AED5969 (resized).jpeg96C0F74D-F1FA-43D8-BCF1-0B328391B92B (resized).jpeg96C0F74D-F1FA-43D8-BCF1-0B328391B92B (resized).jpeg
#3360 3 years ago

Any Stern toppers arrived yet?

#3361 3 years ago

Purple powder looks great. The yellow on the LE is actually much nicer in person with the glitter

So why does the subway even do that gate to gate pass vs just showing the ball to side down via gravity into vuk?

#3362 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Purple powder looks great. The yellow on the LE is actually much nicer in person with the glitter
So why does the subway even do that gate to gate pass vs just showing the ball to side down via gravity into vuk?

The mech is only 1 coil that moves 2 sets of 3 fingers up an down. So 3 fingers have to be up at any given time. The only way it can move a ball through is to walk it through each stop.
The reason the stops exist is to stage locked balls via portal locks before starting a quest.

#3363 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

The mech is only 1 coil that moves 2 sets of 3 fingers up an down. So 3 fingers have to be up at any given time. The only way it can move a ball through is to walk it through each stop.
The reason the stops exist is to stage locked balls via portal locks before starting a quest.

Got it thanks!

#3364 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I just got my powder coat installed which was done by Robert stone. I went with Violet Frost. Robert always does great work.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks fantastic!

#3365 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

https://www.pinballlife.com/avengers-infinity-quest-outlane-post-mod.html
For frustrated home users like me?[quoted image][quoted image]

Instead of that, just take the tilt bob off the stick. The outlanes are funnels by design, sure, but they're not really that *big* and the balls tend to bounce away if you can catch them with the middle post. If the ball gets near the outlane, encourage it to leave the way it came. As your ball times increase, tighten the tilt so you start nudging more in control.

#3366 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

cointaker has them up for sale

#3367 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

That color looks great! Too late for yuurs, but it just hit me that the shooter plate is begging for the Avengers "A" logo like you have on your apron on the plate before it's powdercoated. Would really finish the whole look.

#3368 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Awesome thanks!

There is also a setting in the menu that you can disable the portal lock so it passes through the tunnel and not lock balls in the portal lock I believe.

#3369 3 years ago

Hey club friends: must say after probably being some of the last people on earth to get their AIQLE’s, it is worth the long wait. Seems like I’ve been reading about all of you playing and having fun for a year or more, lol. Finally have mine up and playing today and all I can say is WOW! What a game!! First quick impressions:

* There are a great deal of exciting pinball moments programmed into AIQ.
* The rules are so fun and addicting. AIQ has that one more game feel.
* Light shows and sound fit what is happening and exhilarating, but wish there were more call outs in the game. (Sure there will be, since were still at .94)
* This is a shooters dream machine, with shots everywhere, giving time to react for nudging here and there.
* Having 5, count them 5 ramps with return wire forms, has the ball speeding everywhere it seems.
* Dr. Strange portal action is well implemented: just wish the viewing windows were not located so high up, as to not really see the ball unless leaning forward a bit, to see them go through.

Now back to playing...

#3370 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Im happy with my choice of Gold [quoted image]

We did ours in red titans. Looks awesome!

16069832444112125939601091390057 (resized).jpg16069832444112125939601091390057 (resized).jpg
#3371 3 years ago

My manual plunge has the annoying behavior of hitting the plastic/ballguide right behind the THOR plastic (which causes it to not make it through the orbit). Only happens ~20% of the time, but it's annoying. The plunger looks dialed in. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions/tweaks to make the manual plunge more reliable? Thanks!

#3372 3 years ago

Finally starting to get my head wrapped around the rules on this thing, and from that Raymond stream the other day, it looks like part of the strategy is combos->portal locks->gem quest MBs->powered up avengers->more effective gems. Easier said than done, but now that I have a handle on what you actually have to do for most of the modes (which the game doesn't do a great job of calling out right now), it's easier to concentrate on scoring better/progressing more. Still trying to dial things in though. I've noticed a few things:

-The CM ramp is *just* making it around the loop on a clean shot most of the time. Still getting rejects off it more than I'd like. Stock rubbers and settings (flippers ship at 255), and around 6.8 pitch. The up/down play on the left flipper seems fine actually (not too tight to the PF). I suspect this is by design, but having not played another premium/LE yet, I can't say for sure.
-Anything coming off the right orbit (towards the BP ramp) is very close to SDTM. Same with the exit from the pops. Again, both seem intentional.
-The release from the tower also seems to head SDTM, but what's odd is that sometimes it will trigger a ball save, and not at other times. I think if you lock a ball, there's a short ball save after it drops, but not on a hawkeye challenge or a MB jackpot.

#3373 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

cointaker has them up for sale

Thanks for the heads up. Wish these didn't run $650 as it definitely looks awesome.

#3374 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Finally starting to get my head wrapped around the rules on this thing, and from that Raymond stream the other day, it looks like part of the strategy is combos->portal locks->gem quest MBs->powered up avengers->more effective gems. Easier said than done, but now that I have a handle on what you actually have to do for most of the modes (which the game doesn't do a great job of calling out right now), it's easier to concentrate on scoring better/progressing more. Still trying to dial things in though. I've noticed a few things:
-The CM ramp is *just* making it around the loop on a clean shot most of the time. Still getting rejects off it more than I'd like. Stock rubbers and settings (flippers ship at 255), and around 6.8 pitch. The up/down play on the left flipper seems fine actually (not too tight to the PF). I suspect this is by design, but having not played another premium/LE yet, I can't say for sure.
-Anything coming off the right orbit (towards the BP ramp) is very close to SDTM. Same with the exit from the pops. Again, both seem intentional.
-The release from the tower also seems to head SDTM, but what's odd is that sometimes it will trigger a ball save, and not at other times. I think if you lock a ball, there's a short ball save after it drops, but not on a hawkeye challenge or a MB jackpot.

I'm new so any info on this would be great. What stream are you referring to as I'll check out later

#3375 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

just joined the club. How do you make that subway move faster underneath...? Ball goes from gate to gate after portal lock. I want it to just go right through.
Thanks

I actually removed the mech completely(only two nuts to remove). In the settings, set the subway to pass through. Now, instead of the balls staging in the subway, it will be a virtual lock. The game flows so much better! No more loud clunking of the mech anymore either.

I did this when I was having problems with two balls being stuck together in the subway(which is now fixed in .94) but after installing it again, I really missed the flow, so took it back out again.

#3376 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

This is a great strategy, I use something similar as well with my main focus being on the Time Gem as it adds time to timed modes and adds time to ball saves for MBs and quests.

The rejects from the right BP ramp should go nicely to your left flipper and dead flip to your right flipper. I can’t seem to make this work on my premium, but Ray Day seems to make it happen with no issue on his pro on streams. This is huge for gaining ball control and a major miss on Sterns part... This is my only issue with the game after they fixed the subway.

SDTMs from the pops happen about 20% of the time on my premium. If I’m focused I can get a decent nudge when the ball is coming out of the pops to avoid SDTMs.

The ball save from the portal locks/Avengers tower was added in a later code update. It’s very helpful.

#3377 3 years ago
Quoted from VindictiveX:

I actually removed the mech completely(only two nuts to remove). In the settings, set the subway to pass through. Now, instead of the balls staging in the subway, it will be a virtual lock. The game flows so much better! No more loud clunking of the mech anymore either.
I did this when I was having problems with two balls being stuck together in the subway(which is now fixed in .94) but after installing it again, I really missed the flow, so took it back out again.

I tried the pass through and it didn't work like I you described so I must be missing something. Is there anything else you need to do?

#3378 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Thanks for the heads up. Wish these didn't run $650 as it definitely looks awesome.

yea Im not a topper guy so Ill pass. Ive only thought about it for my star wars and jurassic park and still passed. The only topper I need in my life is Black Knight SOR when I eventually get one of those games(when I clear more space).

#3379 3 years ago

anyone see the shooter rod for sale yet>?

#3380 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My manual plunge has the annoying behavior of hitting the plastic/ballguide right behind the THOR plastic (which causes it to not make it through the orbit). Only happens ~20% of the time, but it's annoying. The plunger looks dialed in. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions/tweaks to make the manual plunge more reliable? Thanks!

I adjusted my shooter rod last night due the same problem. I thought my rod was dialed in but was able to tune it a hair better and now manual plunges make it smoothly around the entire ramp to the right in lane, no issues. In my case I needed to slightly move the shooter rod assembly to the right. Before the fix, when I would push in on the shooter rod, the rod tip would not hit the ball on center. Lift the playfield, remove the two hex screws (I did not reinstall mine - they're used as locking screws only) and loosen the three main Philips screws - loosen them enough to move the shooter rod assembly left/right. I moved it, lowered playfield, tested, moved and tested until the ball would plunge smoothly to right inlane. Wish I would have done it sooner.

#3381 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Cointaker has one.

#3382 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I like mine, custom made:

62BF34A1-E794-4508-B77D-9AB7CDCDBB45 (resized).jpeg62BF34A1-E794-4508-B77D-9AB7CDCDBB45 (resized).jpeg
#3383 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

This is a great strategy, I use something similar as well with my main focus being on the Time Gem as it adds time to timed modes and adds time to ball saves for MBs and quests.

The light bulb moment in Raymond's stream was that the avenger level boosts the effectiveness of the gem, so time gem on a L2 avenger equals even more ball save time. I've also been using reality (I think) to get easier drop target completions in an effort to use the grid more. I gather those super modes are really valuable, and I kind of get them by accident.

There should also be a HS listing for fewest flips remaining in Soul Gem. My record so far is finishing it with 2 remaining (although almost had it on the last flip last night). 46 is my high there. Still haven't broken 255M overall.

I'm going to double check level at a few more points and see if that fixes any of the L/R action. Thought it was dead on the last time I checked near the flippers, but might be off at the back?

#3384 3 years ago

I'm seeing people talk about SDTM from the pops and from the lock.... I just got the game yesterday, have played probably 20+ games, and haven't had a single SDTM like that... Now the ball bouncing to the outlane and draining, that happens ALL... THE.... TIME....!

Fun game though! I got my first gem today, was very proud of myself, even though I still really have little idea what I'm doing... But it's starting to get together. I need to watch some streams to get idea of the rules.

#3385 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

For the CM ramp, try lowering pitch. My experience has been that lowering pitch a bit makes the ramp a bit more makable. Mine is the same for the right orbit returns and the tower releases heading for a lot of SDTMs. There was an update that I think added ball saves for your first two tower shots.

#3386 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

T
There should also be a HS listing for fewest flips remaining in Soul Gem. My record so far is finishing it with 2 remaining (although almost had it on the last flip last night).

Lol, I think it would be fun to have that on a leaderboard too. I had one a couple weeks ago where I got it on my last flip.

#3387 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

20201203_143103 (resized).jpg20201203_143103 (resized).jpg
#3388 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I adjusted my shooter rod last night due the same problem. I thought my rod was dialed in but was able to tune it a hair better and now manual plunges make it smoothly around the entire ramp to the right in lane, no issues. In my case I needed to slightly move the shooter rod assembly to the right. Before the fix, when I would push in on the shooter rod, the rod tip would not hit the ball on center. Lift the playfield, remove the two hex screws (I did not reinstall mine - they're used as locking screws only) and loosen the three main Philips screws - loosen them enough to move the shooter rod assembly left/right. I moved it, lowered playfield, tested, moved and tested until the ball would plunge smoothly to right inlane. Wish I would have done it sooner.

In my case, I think the ball guide was installed just a hair off, causing it to roll left sometimes. I elevated the left side a hair to push the ball over to the right. So far, so good. If I'm wrong, it's trivial to undo.

#3389 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

AIQ Toppers incoming.

Does the topper unlock any new gameplay modes?

#3390 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Does the topper unlock any new gameplay modes?

Per the readme file for 0.94:

- Gem Mania - collecting all 6 topper gems begins this mode when the last Gem is collected

- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'GEM MANIA BALL SAVE TIMER' defaults to 30 seconds
- added 'GEM MANIA ADD-A-BALL TIME' defaults to 15 seconds

#3391 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Instead of that, just take the tilt bob off the stick. The outlanes are funnels by design, sure, but they're not really that *big* and the balls tend to bounce away if you can catch them with the middle post. If the ball gets near the outlane, encourage it to leave the way it came. As your ball times increase, tighten the tilt so you start nudging more in control.

i zip tied a plastic straw to the tilt bob wire and removed the bob all together... lol that way i can shake the piss out of it in the right outlane... the left however still is a bitch and rarely do i get a chance to save it on that side...

#3392 3 years ago

As an average (on a good day) player, I find myself wishing there was a way other than soul gem to try to replay a lost gem mode. Maybe getting a couple of avengers fully levelled up or something? Or an adjustment added where you can choose between continuing a gem mode or selecting a new one, even if no bonus is awarded on the continue.

I know, "play better", but a lot of times a bad first ball and missing out on a gem, especially if I am only a shot or two away from completing it just leads to a restart. Feels like a double kick to the nuts.

#3393 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We did ours in red titans. Looks awesome!
[quoted image]

Ozzies - What number ranges are your LEs and did you get the correct backboard plastc with the large Thanos head?

Still waiting, waiting, waiting, for mine to clear customs...lucky last eh

#3394 3 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Ozzies - What number ranges are your LEs and did you get the correct backboard plastc with the large Thanos head?

Got the correct Thanos (large head) on my backboard.

#3395 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

The color compliments the cabinet art really well.

I also think this might be the first pic I have seen of my acrylic designs mounted on an actual Avengers: IQ game. They look nice (though I know getting them mounted properly can be a bit of a pill sometimes....always easier with some helping hands). The sizing on them looks good and I'm glad I didn't skimp on that by making them smaller.

I like the emblem on the apron too, but I think getting it positioned right might have drove me a bit nuts. Would I want to center the protruding tip of the A....or center the entire emblem? Yeah...looks nice, but I'm sure I would make a thing of it in my own head. I think you made the right call though. If it would be centered with the lockdown bar button, it would be way too far right on the apron.

Looking good.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#3396 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

The purple goes way better with the game than the yellow. Metallic purple or purple with flakes would be perfect.

Edit: upon further inspection, it looks like yours is metallic.

#3397 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Cointaker has one.

I dont see it on their page? The official stern one?

#3398 3 years ago

Can anyone comment on the install of Side Armor? I really want it, but I believe it involves screwing into the cabinet artwork. Is this the case? I dont want to do that....

#3399 3 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

LE number means nothing. The games are not made in order. Ours is number 472 if that helps and photo of Thanos below. Game is awesome, I am sure you will love it. Definitely worth the wait.

16070486064787215122862788638983 (resized).jpg16070486064787215122862788638983 (resized).jpg

#3400 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Can anyone comment on the install of Side Armor? I really want it, but I believe it involves screwing into the cabinet artwork. Is this the case? I dont want to do that....

Most of the screws that hold the armor on are in the same place. Just leave the extra screws out. Best of both worlds and you can put the standard armor back on any time. Easy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,924 (OBO)
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/68?hl=zeldarioid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.