04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 255.
#3301 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You don't want the same crappy Stern card unless you want the same problems eventually.

Curious about the SD card in Sterns. I assumed the code was copied to a hard drive or SSD drive housed with the CPU. Are these SD cards used as the game's primary/working source for game code?

#3302 3 years ago
Quoted from broada:

Curious about the SD card in Sterns. I assumed the code was copied to a hard drive or SSD drive housed with the CPU. Are these SD cards used as the game's primary/working source for game code?

Yes, the SD card is where the code resides. It's partitioned like a hard drive and us kind of a (very) poor-man's ssd, I guess. There's no hard drive or SSD in Stern Spike2 machines.

#3303 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Thanks. Unfortunately Best Buy is completely depleted at the moment locally. I will order online from them.
Edit: I’ll try target again first.

At Target just get one that's class 10 and with the biggest number in the "U" icon you can find. That's the sustained write speed. I think these are all 1 (10mb/s) or 3 (30mb/s).

#3304 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, the SD card is where the code resides. It's partitioned like a hard drive and us kind of a (very) poor-man's ssd, I guess. There's no hard drive or SSD in Stern Spike2 machines.

That's surprising, and definitely good to know. Thanks!

#3305 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At Target just get one that's class 10 and with the biggest number in the "U" icon you can find. That's the sustained write speed. I think these are all 1 (10mb/s) or 3 (30mb/s).

Got this one and downloaded file. But when I right click on it there is no extract all prompt in the window. The extract all on the tool bar is shaded and not available.

3B86FCEA-764B-4952-B27C-EB8A54F55321 (resized).jpeg3B86FCEA-764B-4952-B27C-EB8A54F55321 (resized).jpegA7E381E1-2879-4B05-A390-3C4F99A4CAC0 (resized).jpegA7E381E1-2879-4B05-A390-3C4F99A4CAC0 (resized).jpeg
#3306 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Got this one and downloaded file. But when I right click on it there is no extract all prompt in the window. The extract all on the tool bar is shaded and not available.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you format the SD card first? Fat32

Open with winzip (first option on that list), then extract the files to your hard drive, then copy them to the SD card.

#3307 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you format the SD card first? Fat32
Open with winzip (first option on that list), then extract the files to your hard drive, then copy them to the SD card.

Success. Thanks so much for your help.

786CDF22-BA78-49E6-BD27-618A4FC2B0DF (resized).jpeg786CDF22-BA78-49E6-BD27-618A4FC2B0DF (resized).jpeg
#3308 3 years ago

Just set up my premium today and the drop targets don't go up during a game, but they work in test mode. Anyone else experience this?

#3309 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Just set up my premium today and the drop targets don't go up during a game, but they work in test mode. Anyone else experience this?

Reset them up. then go into switch test mode and drop them one at a time and see if it's registering that they dropped. I'm thinking no.

#3310 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Success. Thanks so much for your help.
[quoted image]

Awesome. And you now have a much more reliable SD card in there now, to boot!

#3311 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Awesome. And you now have a much more reliable SD card in there now, to boot!

Yeah, hopefully the next update can be done with a usb stick. Kind of disappointing that stern used a basically cheap on clearance sd card on an $8000 game to save
maybe a dollar or two.

#3312 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Yeah, hopefully the next update can be done with a usb stick. Kind of disappointing that stern used a basically cheap on clearance sd card on an $8000 game to save
maybe a dollar or two.

Oh, the whole ADATA SD card likely cost them $1-$2ish wholesale (seconds?) in quantity.

Why not try doing an install of 0.94 again with USB stick and see if it will recognize it. You can install over the one you have on the SD and you can always re-image the SD if something goes wrong. That way you'll know if there's a physical warranty problem with your USB jacks.

#3313 3 years ago

From STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS – DECEMBER 2020:

Avengers: Infinity Quest – For all Avengers owners, please make sure you are up to date with the most current code version (v0.94.0) released last week. Be on the lookout for a new code update later this month.

#3314 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Avengers: Infinity Quest – For all Avengers owners, please make sure you are up to date with the most current code version (v0.94.0) released last week. Be on the lookout for a new code update later this month.

I haven’t even upgraded from .93 to .94 yet, think I might just wait for the double jump to .95 can’t wait!

#3315 3 years ago

The newest Loser Kid Podcast had Keith Elwin on and they asked about what all the trophies were about. He couldn’t say other than it is building to something new coming someday. Online trophies???

#3316 3 years ago

Just found out my Premium won't be in until maybe the last week of December. Anyone else in the same boat and waiting?

#3317 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I haven’t even upgraded from .93 to .94 yet, think I might just wait for the double jump to .95 can’t wait!

I keep doing this lol. I'm still on .91 and every time they drop a code, I get lazy and then I hear the next ones coming. So I wait again

#3318 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Hopefully they add Thanos back in (and possibly more instances of battling him) as I have completed all 6 gem quests twice now (collecting 4 is my best at this point) and attempted a 7th, but nothing happened in 0.94 code.

#3319 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Just found out my Premium won't be in until maybe the last week of December. Anyone else in the same boat and waiting?

I have a buddy that ordered a Premium from Flip N Out and he threw down a deposit the first week AIQ was launched. He still hasn't received his machine and was quoted mid-Novemner. Stern must be super backed up.

#3320 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I keep doing this lol. I'm still on .91 and every time they drop a code, I get lazy and then I hear the next ones coming. So I wait again

If you have a Premium/LE, the newer code helps with some of the ball staging issues in the gem portal.

I’ve never had an issue updating luckily, gone smoothly every time.

#3321 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I have a buddy that ordered a Premium from Flip N Out and he threw down a deposit the first week AIQ was launched. He still hasn't received his machine and was quoted mid-Novemner. Stern must be super backed up.

I also ordered a Premium from Zach at Flip n Out on the day after release. Paid in full. He told me in late October that I was in the first release and I received my game in California in early November - second release was scheduled for December. Lots of orders to work through. Great game!

#3322 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Reset them up. then go into switch test mode and drop them one at a time and see if it's registering that they dropped. I'm thinking no.

Yeah, nothing registers. There's no lights on on the board so something's wrong somewhere. I emailed Stern, hopefully I'll hear back soon.

#3323 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Yeah, nothing registers. There's no lights on on the board so something's wrong somewhere. I emailed Stern, hopefully I'll hear back soon.

Those switches that sense the target state are optos, so check the connector on the target board and also CN11 on the node 8 board to make sure they're both fully connected.

If that doesn't do it, you can swap node 8 and node 9 (and change the dip switches so they know they're now the opposite board) and see if that solves it. If it does, your node 8 board is likely bad.

#3324 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

The newest Loser Kid Podcast had Keith Elwin on and they asked about what all the trophies were about. He couldn’t say other than it is building to something new coming someday. Online trophies???

they already contribute to stuff like extra balls

#3325 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Those switches that sense the target state are optos, so check the connector on the target board and also CN11 on the node 8 board to make sure they're both fully connected.
If that doesn't do it, you can swap node 8 and node 9 (and change the dip switches so they know they're now the opposite board) and see if that solves it. If it does, your node 8 board is likely bad.

Found it. A single wire was loose on the CN11 plug. They're registering now.

#3326 3 years ago

We finished our Avengers hologram topper. It comes with over 40 videos here are 8 of them. You can pick the ones you want playing, and it will loop through those. These look 10 times better in live then on a video. This should get listed here and on our website later today.

#3327 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Thay doesnt sound very good when we already got our premiums in Canada a month ago.

#3328 3 years ago

Trying out some yellow flippers - the white ones weren’t “wowing” me...

E61AB2A4-7B44-4AE6-8C83-3AD079A2915F (resized).jpegE61AB2A4-7B44-4AE6-8C83-3AD079A2915F (resized).jpeg
#3329 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I also ordered a Premium from Zach at Flip n Out on the day after release. Paid in full. He told me in late October that I was in the first release and I received my game in California in early November - second release was scheduled for December. Lots of orders to work through. Great game!

This is my story with Zach and Flip n Out as well. Paid in full, and received the game in November. He and Nicole are a class act.

#3330 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Thay doesnt sound very good when we already got our premiums in Canada a month ago.

Yeah I’m not sure what the delay is. You’d think they could crank out pins to meet demand. Always amazes me when new products come out in the gaming industry and there’s not enough to go around. Frustrating to say the least.

#3331 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

If you have a Premium/LE, the newer code helps with some of the ball staging issues in the gem portal.

No issues with my machine, so I don't mind waiting.

#3332 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Yeah I’m not sure what the delay is. You’d think they could crank out pins to meet demand. Always amazes me when new products come out in the gaming industry and there’s not enough to go around. Frustrating to say the least.

Tough to keep the line running full-tilt (ha) through pandemic conditions. Changes to procedures due to distance/mask requirements, employee illnesses, pandemic impact on their suppliers, shipping, etc. On the other side you have cabin fever increasing demand. I'm sure they are making games as fast as they can.

#3333 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I replaced my subway walker assembly for the ball getting stuck in the subway situation... worked for a day and a half-- thinking it was a miracle that it was a hardware issue when it seemed so much like a software issue. Now, I'm back with the same issue where I have to disable the subway. How many of you are still seeing this problem with balls getting stuck (primarily after a portal lock or multiple players)? You peaked my interest that it still may be a software issue. Thoughts?

#3334 3 years ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

I replaced my subway walker assembly for the ball getting stuck in the subway situation... worked for a day and a half-- thinking it was a miracle that it was a hardware issue when it seemed so much like a software issue. Now, I'm back with the same issue where I have to disable the subway. How many of you are still seeing this problem with balls getting stuck (primarily after a portal lock or multiple players)? You peaked my interest that it still may be a software issue. Thoughts?

It could be an issue with aligning the forks in the center channel of the plastic so they don’t slightly bind or get blocked. I had the same issues on mine when I first got it, but after figuring out good alignment of the forks it’s been absolutely 100% reliable. I immediately went from frequent stuck fork & stuck ball issues to absolutely zero.

If the forks are not in the right alignment they can get stuck or bind enough to cause an issue. If alignment is only slightly off it’ll be an occasional problem. If alignment is off by more then the problems will be more frequent. It’s pretty easy to adjust the alignment since the screw mounts of the mech are open ended to allow for adjustment, so I really think it’s worth trying to see if changing alignment can fix it for you if you haven’t already tried it. Here’s the way I’ve found on mine that gets it set up to be reliable:

You’ll want to loosen the mounting screws of the metal mech housing and then from the right side of the machine look down the ball lock tunnel through the opening in the VUK. Align the forks so you can use your hand to pull the plunger on the mech so all forks come up through the channel in the plastic. When I did it the first time I found these two things resulted in good alignment and 100% reliability for me:

1) Make sure the two forks that come up with the plunger don’t even slightly bind even once when you pull rapidly many (5-10) times on the plunger. If there’s even a slight catch or snag then it means the alignment for those two forks isn’t quite right.

2) Make sure that when you look down the channel you see a little bit of space between the three forks that are usually up and the bottom edge (as you’re looking at it with the playfield up) of the center channel in the plastic. I found that if one of those three forks is up against an edge of the plastic then it will likely get stuck when you start playing.

I’ve taken it off and put it back on twice now and both times I found that when my alignment met those two conditions it worked 100%. The 2nd time I took it off was to file a taper at the end of the channel, and I got alignment correct on the first try that time by remembering those two keys from the first time I did it. I play the game a lot just about every night, so if it was a software issue I’d think I would have encountered at least one instance of trouble with it in the past month, but since aligning it about a month ago it’s been zero trouble for me.

It could be that there’s an issue with the lever connected to your plunger being loose or bent, or that your forks themselves are bent a bit and need to be straightened so they don’t get blocked. But either way I think it’s worth looking down the tunnel through the VUK and trying to align it the way I described to help figure out what’s causing your issue. Just an idea though. Hope it helps.

#3335 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

It could be an issue with aligning the forks in the center channel of the plastic so they don’t slightly bind or get blocked. I had the same issues on mine when I first got it, but after figuring out good alignment of the forks it’s been absolutely 100% reliable. I immediately went from frequent stuck fork & stuck ball issues to absolutely zero.
If the forks are not in the right alignment they can get stuck or bind enough to cause an issue. If alignment is only slightly off it’ll be an occasional problem. If alignment is off by more then the problems will be more frequent. It’s pretty easy to adjust the alignment since the screw mounts of the mech are open ended to allow for adjustment, so I really think it’s worth trying to see if changing alignment can fix it for you if you haven’t already tried it. Here’s the way I’ve found on mine that gets it set up to be reliable:
You’ll want to loosen the mounting screws of the metal mech housing and then from the right side of the machine look down the ball lock tunnel through the opening in the VUK. Align the forks so you can use your hand to pull the plunger on the mech so all forks come up through the channel in the plastic. When I did it the first time I found these two things resulted in good alignment and 100% reliability for me:
1) Make sure the two forks that come up with the plunger don’t even slightly bind even once when you pull rapidly many (5-10) times on the plunger. If there’s even a slight catch or snag then it means the alignment for those two forks isn’t quite right.
2) Make sure that when you look down the channel you see a little bit of space between the three forks that are usually up and the bottom edge (as you’re looking at it with the playfield up) of the center channel in the plastic. I found that if one of those three forks is up against an edge of the plastic then it will likely get stuck when you start playing.
I’ve taken it off and put it back on twice now and both times I found that when my alignment met those two conditions it worked 100%. The 2nd time I took it off was to file a taper at the end of the channel, and I got alignment correct on the first try that time by remembering those two keys from the first time I did it. I play the game a lot just about every night, so if it was a software issue I’d think I would have encountered at least one instance of trouble with it in the past month, but since aligning it about a month ago it’s been zero trouble for me.
It could be that there’s an issue with the lever connected to your plunger being loose or bent, or that your forks themselves are bent a bit and need to be straightened so they don’t get blocked. But either way I think it’s worth looking down the tunnel through the VUK and trying to align it the way I described to help figure out what’s causing your issue. Just an idea though. Hope it helps.

Good advice. It is pretty easy to check and adjust alignment of the subway mech. I took mine apart to add additional lighting and noted it's alignment before hand and made sure the forks were centered and working when re-installing.

#3336 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Trying out some yellow flippers - the white ones weren’t “wowing” me...
[quoted image]

Im happy with my choice of Gold EF538BCC-66D5-4BD2-A3EE-77170CDF9BBC (resized).jpegEF538BCC-66D5-4BD2-A3EE-77170CDF9BBC (resized).jpeg

#3337 3 years ago

I just noticed that even a good shot at hulk spinner would count only 5 to 10 spins, not more. I'm pretty sure it was reaching 20 to 30 spins before.
How many do you usually get? Is it normal to get so few?

#3338 3 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

I just notice that a good shot at hulk spinners would count 5 to 10 spins. I'm pretty sure it was 20 to 30 before.
How many do you usually get?

Since adjusting mine I can get hulk in 2 good rips (about 40 per). Examine your spinner carefully, if the switch leaf is too low it might not be registering every spin....that’s what mine was doing before I adjusted it.

#3339 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Since adjusting mine I can get hulk in 2 good rips (about 40 per). Examine your spinner carefully, if the switch leaf is too low it might not be registering every spin....that’s what mine was doing before I adjusted it.

Thanks, will do

#3340 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Anyone else got this? Have they changed the plastic? Look at Thanos’s head... on mine and on promotional material...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from chubtoad13:

Looks like you have the plastic for the pro model on your game
[quoted image]

wow. thats a bummer man! Well pinball companies know how we love to fix their mistakes...

#3341 3 years ago

In the club for a while now but finally getting around posting a pic. This game is so awesome! It's complicated yet easy to play. Everyone in the house can enjoy it, including all experience levels. I haven't had any quality issues ...so good job Stern. The game design and code are great (kudos to Keith, Ray and the whole dev team)! Thanks to KingPinGames for the best customer support!

20201123_093152 (resized).jpg20201123_093152 (resized).jpg
#3342 3 years ago

I'm in the club for the next 3 months. A couple of questions...

Is there any good rules videos out there? I was watching the DeadFlip rules exploration, but it was just a bit too long for me to actually comprehend anything.

Also, does anyone find the outlanes super brutal? So many times it comes off the slings right into the outlane to drain.

#3343 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Is there any good rules videos out there? I was watching the DeadFlip rules exploration, but it was just a bit too long for me to actually comprehend anything.
Also, does anyone find the outlanes super brutal? So many times it comes off the slings right into the outlane to drain.

outlanes are very tough. A lot like tmnt imo.

#3344 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

I recommend #1 IFPA and game coder stream to learn about the game the right way https://www.twitch.tv/raydaypinball or he has AIQ playlist on Youtube as well, https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLadgE29juoiSN7mfLjQRKmj6njLAQvQ-2

#3345 3 years ago

just joined the club. How do you make that subway move faster underneath...? Ball goes from gate to gate after portal lock. I want it to just go right through.

Thanks

#3346 3 years ago

Just played this last night man what a cracking game! Keith has made all shots feel SUPER satisfying and the code is very nice too. I was slightly put off by some of the RAYDAY streams as there were just the “thing” you could do to blow up the game. It seeing past that it’s such a nice shooter I’m sure everyone is super happy with their games now on the lookout for one

#3347 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

I recommend #1 IFPA and game coder stream to learn about the game the right way https://www.twitch.tv/raydaypinball or he has AIQ playlist on Youtube as well, https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLadgE29juoiSN7mfLjQRKmj6njLAQvQ-2

Thanks!

#3348 3 years ago

Just joined the club! I played a few games before going back to work, but it plays FAST and I have no idea what I'm doing. . Time to read up on the rules!

20201202_144214 (resized).jpg20201202_144214 (resized).jpg
#3349 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

just joined the club. How do you make that subway move faster underneath...? Ball goes from gate to gate after portal lock. I want it to just go right through.

Yeah it kinda walks the ball through the subway.
Are you running the new code .94?
I think it moves the ball through there much better with the latest code.

#3350 3 years ago

AIQ Toppers incoming.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,924 (OBO)
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

10,250 (OBO)
6,000 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 12,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/67?hl=melhadmj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.