04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 255.
#3251 3 years ago
Quoted from Babarr3445:

Thanks! How does a novice like me find that setting?

Go into service menu, adjustments and I’m guessing here but feature adjustments.

I will confirm and give you the exact adjustment number later once I’m home, but if you go into adjustments and check through those and feature adjustments I’m sure you will find it before then. Pretty sure it’s in feature adjustments.

#3252 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

For those people having issues with the plunge rattling and not making it round the orbit/ramp or getting trapped underneath the pop bumper, I think I've found your problem, by accidentally creating it, then solving it.
I had the playfield up for the first time since playing over 500 games without issue, I just wanted to clean it and give the feed from the gauntlet ramp a little tweak.
When I lifted the playfield I noticed a nut missing from the guide.
So rather than going straight on Pinside to complain of the build quality I fitted a nut and tightened it down.
This now meant that the guide had no side to side play in it, and also inadvertently raised the guide higher further up the playfield.
When I put everything back together and played some games almost half of the balls from the auto plunge rattled and came back down the right orbit.
So I went back under the playfield and removed the nut. In the half dozen or so games I've played since no issues with the ball rattling.
As an aside it also means that there is a little give in the guide meaning that if you shoot the orbit slightly late it doesn't bounce off the guide as much and has more chance of making the shot.
I know some have added a washer under this peg to try and stop and pooling or chipping, in doing so it looks like you've created the problem
At no point has the autoplunge strength been changed from default. In fact I think lowering it much more than what it is would compromise the ability for it to make it all the way round the ramp.
I also slightly adjusted the wire guide from the gauntlet/side ramp and now have a near perfect feed to the flipper every time.
The only 'problem' I now have is the drop from the tower seems to be bouncing away from the flipper a bit more making the Hawkeye shot virtually impossible
  [quoted image][quoted image]

My game doesn’t have a nut there either.

#3253 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

My game doesn’t have a nut there either.

Same here. No nut.

#3254 3 years ago

Someone from Stern said in this or the other thread that the nut was left off on purpose.

#3255 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

So rather than going straight on Pinside to complain of the build quality I fitted a nut and tightened it down.
This now meant that the guide had no side to side play in it, and also inadvertently raised the guide higher further up the playfield.
When I put everything back together and played some games almost half of the balls from the auto plunge rattled and came back down the right orbit.
  [quoted image][quoted image]

I did this same thing, installed a nut and had the same results! Mystery solved. Great detective work. I didn’t put the 2 things together

#3256 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Finally Time gem (orange) both ramps then lit drop, try and play this with portal locks or another MB, Thor wont be too many shots away, especially if you e got the power up from Black Widow.

Complete opposite of my strategy. Love how there's so many ways to approach this game.

I go for the time gem immediately in single ball play.. as long as you can survive the three drop target shots, the 2 ramp portion is easy. Use Thor MB to help with the drops if necessary. I put the time gem on black widow since that ramp gets shot all the time to setup combos.. you get L2 time gem pretty quickly.

Now, for the rest of the game, ALL of your ballsavers and timed modes last longer. When you add in the cumulative ballsaver increases across a portal lock mb, add-a-ball, bringing in Thor or IMMB, another add a ball.. you can play multiball w/savers seemingly forever.

Reality seems to be the highest unassisted scoring mode, so I take it when I have two portal locks for 3x scoring. Spin the wheel up to max and shoot as many combos as you can. Putting the reality gem on Hulk is good for the boosted gamma ray, plus the space gem combos end there for extra scoring.

I tend to put soul gem on CM since she's easy to shoot from either flipper for the soul jackpots. Mind on the drops for soul gem help. Power on CA since he's hard to get, leaving Space for BP.

#3257 3 years ago

Just got my Avengers

Can anyone tell me if this suppose to have rubber or not ?

C4B6E035-9F2E-4700-9CD6-8559A907BE5B (resized).jpegC4B6E035-9F2E-4700-9CD6-8559A907BE5B (resized).jpeg
#3258 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Just got my Avengers
Can anyone tell me if this suppose to have rubber or not ?[quoted image]

Is not supposed to have a post sleeve.

#3259 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I sometimes get 2 balls served at once, not sure if this is a trough switch issue but if it keeps happening I will have a look. When it happens I can let a ball drain and the game carries on perfectly after that.

The only "glass off" stuck balls have been wedged under the gauntlet (once during a soul gem quest, argh).

You probably know this but in general when two balls are served it is normally your shooter lane switch which needs adjustment (90% of the time). Otherwise its you tough optos (not always going bad, sometimes balls that are magnetized will confuse the optos because they wont roll down to VUK).

I had the same stucky ball (under the gauntlet). I placed a piece of black foam between plastic and bottom of gaunlet.

Let's face it, this game is crazy during multi balls, and there's so many of them. That auto-launch is working over time and will certainly have some bad launches now and then. Make sure your auto-plunger is aligned (centered on a ball). You can also narrow the shooter lane (ramp area before gauntlet) with a long short piece of plexi/plastic to "guide" the ball straight. I haven't needed it on AIG but have used it on three of my other pins.

#3260 3 years ago

I occasionally have the ball fall off the back ramp to right flipper wire form, but it’s not consistent. It typically falls away from the flippers in toward the captain marvel area right before it gets to the right side guide above the flipper. Is this likely a leveling issue? Anyone encounter/fix this?

#3261 3 years ago
Quoted from SpectreJ:

I occasionally have the ball fall off the back ramp to right flipper wire form, but it’s not consistent. Is this likely a leveling issue? Anyone encounter/fix this?

Common issue discussed a lot and very easy to fix. It's saved/highlighted under the key posts index for this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/22#post-5899526

#3262 3 years ago

Optional art blades picture:

502-7085-R2 (resized).jpg502-7085-R2 (resized).jpg

#3263 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

[quoted image]

These are the best I’ve seen yet! Are these for sale somewhere?

#3264 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

These are the best I’ve seen yet! Are these for sale somewhere?

They are listed at Pinball Life (not sure if the item is already in stock):
https://www.pinballlife.com/avengers-infinity-quest-art-blades.html

#3265 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Yes they are as I purchased them this week from Pinball Life and they just arrived. Now waiting for my Premium to come in so I can install these and about ten other items I have for the pin. Hopefully this week as I'm more than ready after reading all the positives on this pin and definitely one of my top three themes. Don't see this ever leaving my collection.

#3266 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Yes they are as I purchased them this week from Pinball Life and they just arrived. Now waiting for my Premium to come in so I can install these and about ten other items I have for the pin. Hopefully this week as I'm more than ready after reading all the positives on this pin and definitely one of my top three themes. Don't see this ever leaving my collection.

These aren’t the official stern ones are they?

#3267 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Pretty sure there not. Haven't seen the Stern ones for sale yet so I grabbed these as I wasn't sure when they'd be released.

#3268 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Quoted from vicjw66:

Quoted from Deyanks98:

Pretty sure there not. Haven't seen the Stern ones for sale yet so I grabbed these as I wasn't sure when they'd be released.

They are the Stern ones, others like Cointaker have them as well.

#3269 3 years ago

Those are the official ones. Just got
Mine from cointaker. Will install them tomorrow.

#3270 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Just received mine last night, had to work today, so hope to get them installed in the next few days.

#3271 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

They are the Stern ones, others like Cointaker have them as well.

Ah cool good to hear. Thanks for clarifying that.

#3272 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

[quoted image]

I cancelled mine because they are lazily done. I have a premium. I dont need Thanos' face AGAIN. Hes on the backglass, the sides and 1 ft away in the backnof the game. I was hoping they would be like Iron Maidens blades that tie into the playfield so well

#3273 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I was hoping they would be like Iron Maidens blades that tie into the playfield so well

The artwork is definitely redundant. But if ZY didn't have time to do different art for the entire Prem and LE art package, it's not surprising that he didn't have much time to spend on art blades. Though I think they'd probably look pretty solid on the pro.

#3274 3 years ago

Hey, so my right orbit shot (the one you have to make in order to "hit" the Hawkeye shot) is not registering. Anyone know how I can test it in the settings and or fix it? Thanks

#3275 3 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Hey, so my right orbit shot (the one you have to make in order to "hit" the Hawkeye shot) is not registering. Anyone know how I can test it in the settings and or fix it? Thanks

If it's the inner loop you're referring to this might help:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/29#post-5909864

#3276 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

The artwork is definitely redundant. But if ZY didn't have time to do different art for the entire Prem and LE art package, it's not surprising that he didn't have much time to spend on art blades. Though I think they'd probably look pretty solid on the pro.

I am a big fan of ZY’s work and AIQ looks pretty damn awesome to me. It is the lack of callouts and music that leaves this game feeling hollow to me. Not even close to DP. I have my doubts that Stern will be able to bring this game to the next level. Please please please prove me wrong Stern!

#3277 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I am a big fan of ZY’s work and AIQ looks pretty damn awesome to me.

I was only referring to the art blades. I like the overall artwork.

#3278 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I am a big fan of ZY’s work and AIQ looks pretty damn awesome to me. It is the lack of callouts and music that leaves this game feeling hollow to me. Not even close to DP. I have my doubts that Stern will be able to bring this game to the next level. Please please please prove me wrong Stern!

I honestly don’t notice the music at all, I’ll probably add some of the MCU Avengers music into the game at some point.

But it’s all about the shots! DP is one of my all time favourite pins but AIQ is in another league when it comes to shots.

#3279 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Spot-on...I find the callouts/music really flat on AIQ. One week ago I picked up a RAM. The callouts and music make it one of the most addicting games I've ever owned. It's brutally hard (yes, harder than AIQ), but the callouts/music greatly contribute to the fun factor. Since callouts/music are easily fixed with software updates, we can hope for some improvement before the 1.0 release!

#3280 3 years ago

Pro? Hitting CM from both flippers could only be easy in the pro I would assume?

Quoted from metallik:

Complete opposite of my strategy. Love how there's so many ways to approach this game.
I go for the time gem immediately in single ball play.. as long as you can survive the three drop target shots, the 2 ramp portion is easy. Use Thor MB to help with the drops if necessary. I put the time gem on black widow since that ramp gets shot all the time to setup combos.. you get L2 time gem pretty quickly.
Now, for the rest of the game, ALL of your ballsavers and timed modes last longer. When you add in the cumulative ballsaver increases across a portal lock mb, add-a-ball, bringing in Thor or IMMB, another add a ball.. you can play multiball w/savers seemingly forever.
Reality seems to be the highest unassisted scoring mode, so I take it when I have two portal locks for 3x scoring. Spin the wheel up to max and shoot as many combos as you can. Putting the reality gem on Hulk is good for the boosted gamma ray, plus the space gem combos end there for extra scoring.
I tend to put soul gem on CM since she's easy to shoot from either flipper for the soul jackpots. Mind on the drops for soul gem help. Power on CA since he's hard to get, leaving Space for BP.

#3281 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Pro? Hitting CM from both flippers could only be easy in the pro I would assume?

You are correct.

#3282 3 years ago

before this issue was ever discussed, i ran into this same problem. i wound up just rotating the entire opto assembly 180degrees, never had a problem since.

#3283 3 years ago

Hi there,
Can someone explain me what to do for purple and orange gem quests?
I didn’t understand the rules on tiltforum
Thanks to lmk

#3284 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I cancelled mine because they are lazily done. I have a premium. I dont need Thanos' face AGAIN. Hes on the backglass, the sides and 1 ft away in the backnof the game. I was hoping they would be like Iron Maidens blades that tie into the playfield so well

Quoted from shaub:

Exactly why I didn't get the Stern art blades, I like my side blades art to mesh with the playfield. Check out tiltgraphics, they made a version on request without characters the perfectly blends into the playfield.

#3285 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi there,
Can someone explain me what to do for purple and orange gem quests?
I didn’t understand the rules on tiltforum
Thanks to lmk

The purple gem (Space Gem) quest requires shooting the right orbit or the upper loop to light the left orbit. The left orbit is how you do damage.
You can just shoot right orbit>left orbit to win. Although you can multiply damage with the following combos.
Damage is multiplied by 2 if you shoot left ramp>right orbit>left orbit. Damage is multiplied by 4 if you shoot left ramp>right ramp>upper loop.

The Orange gem (Time Gem) requires shooting the left ramp and right ramp to light a roaming shot at the drop targets.
Damage depends on how many shots to the bank you miss before hitting the lit shot. 1st attempt 3x, 2nd attempt 2x, 3rd attempt 1x, after that the flashing target stops moving and when you hit it you will do 1/2x damage.

#3286 3 years ago

I added another set of (3) RGB LEDs to my portal subway to brighten it up. Hard to capture in a picture, but I'm happy with the results, makes it "Pop" much more!

IMG_9571 (resized).JPGIMG_9571 (resized).JPGIMG_9563 (resized).JPGIMG_9563 (resized).JPGIMG_9560 (resized).JPGIMG_9560 (resized).JPGIMG_9562 (resized).JPGIMG_9562 (resized).JPG
#3287 3 years ago

This has been the most addictive game of the last 5 years

#3288 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

One week ago I picked up a RAM.

I’m ignorant, what is RAM?

#3289 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

I’m ignorant, what is RAM?

Rick and Morty

#3290 3 years ago

Ive been playing this game a lot and I still suck at it. I need to play like 10 games before I have a good one. I just find the outlanes are very hungry a lot like TMNT. I know I need to improve my nudge game! hehe. I just have so many super quick ball 1s on this darn game. Elwin had mentioned thats why they shipped the game with outlanes closed since they were getting a lot more side drains then they expected.

Ill keep at it! Just installed sideblades and really like the look. Now just need that shooter rod for game to be complete(and complete code of course).

#3291 3 years ago

Just watched Raymond Davidson score over 7 billion on this game!

Super combos were amazing.

Presume it's going to get patched out?

Shame, I am thinking of buying the game, purely on the combos blowing up!

#3292 3 years ago

hehe and i just had my best ever game at 290mil finally taking the GC from the stock setting.....I had my longest game ever, i just failed to get more than 1 gem. I got reality right away but failed to place it where I want. Then failed space, failed soul. failed power.... First time getting to black order MB. Am I right in thinking there that the idea is to hit avenger shots and then shoot orbits?

#3293 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wow! I'll have to concentrate more when I'm in Super combos to keep them going and obviously having the Reality Gem on Black Panther in that case was huge!

The combos are so much fun on this game, but I must admit that the Pro looked quite a bit easier than the Premium/LE for the Captain Marvel shot.

#3294 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Is he playing on a Pro by choice, I wonder? Better for competitive play?

#3295 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Wow! I'll have to concentrate more when I'm in Super combos to keep them going and obviously having the Reality Gem on Black Panther in that case was huge!
The combos are so much fun on this game, but I must admit that the Pro looked quite a bit easier than the Premium/LE for the Captain Marvel shot.

How do you get into super combos? hit certain computer drop targets?

#3296 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

How do you get into super combos? hit certain computer drop targets?

Yes

#3297 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The 0.94 SD card image is on Stern's site here:
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/avengers_infinity_le-0_94_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip
I linked the PDF on how to make a fresh SD card, but here it is again - just click on the image to open the PDF.
[quoted image]

I looked in the local stores and online and I can’t really find the sd card stern used. I’d prefer to get it as close as possible since that is what the tutorial says. Are there proven ones that work? This is what was in the game.

65F21B59-7B3B-40EB-AF32-DC5FB9F88F50 (resized).jpeg65F21B59-7B3B-40EB-AF32-DC5FB9F88F50 (resized).jpeg
#3298 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Is he playing on a Pro by choice, I wonder? Better for competitive play?

No, Ray said he's waiting on a Premium from Stern, but they have to ship everyone else's Premiums first before he can get his.

Both versions would be great for tournament play.

#3299 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I looked in the local stores and online and I can’t really find the sd card stern used. I’d prefer to get it as close as possible since that is what the tutorial says. Are there proven ones that work? This is what was in the game.[quoted image]

You don't want the same crappy Stern card unless you want the same problems eventually. The class is all that matters.

I recently used this and it was fine ($9.99 on sale now):
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-ultra-plus-16gb-sdhc-uhs-i-memory-card/3142535.p?skuId=3142535

The faster 32gb one is also $9.99 right now:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-extreme-plus-32gb-sdhc-uhs-i-memory-card/3990822.p?skuId=3990822

Be careful with Sandisk, though. It's a great brand, but that recognition has brought out LOTS of fakes out that will cause headaches if you get a knockoff/counterfeit. Do NOT buy them from Amazon or Ebay, only a physical store with a trusted supply chain like Best Buy or Target, etc. Best buy did get hit with counterfeits in their supply chain ONCE, but it hasn't happened since then, so I feel like they have that locked down and would buy from them (and I did).

#3300 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You don't want the same crappy Stern card unless you want the same problems eventually. The class is all that matters.
I recently used this and it was fine ($9.99 on sale now):
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-ultra-plus-16gb-sdhc-uhs-i-memory-card/3142535.p?skuId=3142535
The faster 32gb one is also $9.99 right now:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-extreme-plus-32gb-sdhc-uhs-i-memory-card/3990822.p?skuId=3990822
Be careful with Sandisk, though. It's a great brand, but that recognition has brought out LOTS of fakes out that will cause headaches if you get a knockoff/counterfeit. Do NOT buy them from Amazon or Ebay, only a physical store with a trusted supply chain like Best Buy or Target, etc. Best buy did get hit with counterfeits in their supply chain ONCE, but it hasn't happened since then, so I feel like they have that locked down and would buy from them (and I did).

Thanks. Unfortunately Best Buy is completely depleted at the moment locally. I will order online from them.

Edit: I’ll try target again first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/66?hl=spectrej and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.