04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 255.
#3001 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

There is a YouTube of Karl deangelo setting this up and achieving a two flip soul gem quest. 84 flips remaining if I recall correctly. I’ve been trying hard to do the powered up avenger with the mind gem strategy but can only get close. I end up starting soul gem before I can get the appropriate avenger powered up.

here is the video for those interested...

#3002 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Made ot to Black Order MB for the first time. (Though i had it lit once before and drained as the portal was rising. grr)
Absolutely tanked it but still put up my personal best so far.
Also, i dont fully understand the gems yet but i had the time gem so after tanking BOMB it gave me all my balls back so i could continue to suck a bit longer. Id read that but forgot about it until it actually happened. So cool.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice game! Did you have the soul gem when you started BOM? If so, it will relaunch the multiball when you get down to one ball. That’s one of the perks of the soul gem.

#3003 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Nice game! Did you have the soul gem when you started BOM? If so, it will relaunch the multiball when you get down to one ball. That’s one of the perks of the soul gem.

Oh i must have. I thought that was an effect of the time gem i had. Big rule set to learn. I'm not even bothering to figure out the bingo drops yet.

#3004 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Also leveling my Dr Strange disc stopped my phatom disc hits.

How did you end up levelling your disc? Mine is off the same as yours.

#3005 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Someone said they were going to try washers to get it level front to back. Mine is a little bit uneven but there is no way to adjust it.

#3006 3 years ago

Any Canadians that ordered from Nitro get their Premium/Pro's yet? I've seen a few from P1, but still haven't heard anything on the west coast here.

Anxiously awaiting a new pin for the holidays.

#3007 3 years ago

Hey guys,
Game is playing great and loving it! Sometimes the auto launch doesn’t get all the way around and it falls into the black panther skill shot/star? Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks

#3008 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I just got a message back from Stern about the disc. They said engineering has a part number to fix it and they requested my info to send it out. No idea what it is they are sending me

#3009 3 years ago
Quoted from SpidermanDan:

Hey guys,
Game is playing great and loving it! Sometimes the auto launch doesn’t get all the way around and it falls into the black panther skill shot/star? Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks

It sounds counter-intuitive, but try turning down the auto-launch solenoid power in the settings to 245-250 and see if that helps. I found that at full power, the ball was slamming into the back rail (Or sometimes the gauntlet) and losing too much momentum to make it up the back ramp.

#3010 3 years ago
Quoted from SpidermanDan:

Hey guys,
Thanks

Yes, happens to me on my Pro very infrequently. Looks like the ball hit's the plastic to the left of the shooter (which sets it off course and slows it down). Haven't looked into a solution yet.

#3011 3 years ago

Question: On the Pro, how do you tell how many Portal locks you've achieved?

#3012 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Question: On the Pro, how do you tell how many Portal locks you've achieved?

There's LEDs on the playfield where the subway is on the Prem/LE models that should light up to show the number of virtual locks.

#3013 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

There's LEDs on the playfield where the subway is on the Prem/LE models that should light up to show the number of virtual locks.

Thanks! What's odd is all 3 subway "slots" are lit when you are playing a single ball quest. When you are not within a quest, the lights show the number of virtual locks (as you say).

#3014 3 years ago

Had a game. Collected all 6 gems. Got to black order battle royal.

When it was over this was my score? Wondering if .93 code fixes this?

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpeg
#3015 3 years ago

Looks fine to me. Haha.

Yeah .93 is supposed to fix that.

#3016 3 years ago

Yup, just looked it up.

"- Battle Royale - fixed an issue where the mode would not end on the 6th Avenger and could cause very high scores if the mode is completed"

Thanks

Man, what I would of given to have Thanos mode ready. If you get all the gems you should just be able to go into the mode and hit the action button to snap your fingers and win the mode. Hahaha

#3017 3 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

here is the video for those interested...

What do you have to have completed to go into Soul Gem and only need two shots?

#3018 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yes, happens to me on my Pro very infrequently. Looks like the ball hit's the plastic to the left of the shooter (which sets it off course and slows it down). Haven't looked into a solution yet.

Thanks I turned down the power and no change. Anyone else run into this issue? Thanks everyone

#3019 3 years ago

Just checking in today.

DAFBE194-8E8D-4441-81A1-8B2D099A6843 (resized).jpegDAFBE194-8E8D-4441-81A1-8B2D099A6843 (resized).jpeg
#3020 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

What do you have to have completed to go into Soul Gem and only need two shots?

You need the mind gem and the space gem and 2, level 1 Avengers next to each other with the mind gem starting on the 1st Avenger of those 2. Karl had his space gem on the Hulk shot, which when hit, made that shot and moved the gems right clockwise and recharged the mind gem giving you 3 more uses of the action button for shots.

#3021 3 years ago

Has anyone had this issue? Twice when playing for the soul gem, the seventh shot which is supposed to be the captain marvel ramp, counts apparently when you hit the right inner loop (could be outer loop but I thought was the inner loop). Wondering if that is the trigger on a pro that doesn’t have that ramp? Just want to make sure my switches aren’t hitting when they shouldn’t.

#3022 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

You need the mind gem and the space gem and 2, level 1 Avengers next to each other with the mind gem starting on the 1st Avenger of those 2. Karl had his space gem on the Hulk shot, which when hit, made that shot and moved the gems right clockwise and recharged the mind gem giving you 3 more uses of the action button for shots.

Specifically, space gem on Hulk because he's the 4th shot in the sequence. Mind gem on L1 CA with BW also L1.. any other combination will put the mind gem on Vision or CM who can't be leveled.

deleted rest, misread question

#3023 3 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Has anyone had this issue? Twice when playing for the soul gem, the seventh shot which is supposed to be the captain marvel ramp, counts apparently when you hit the right inner loop (could be outer loop but I thought was the inner loop). Wondering if that is the trigger on a pro that doesn’t have that ramp? Just want to make sure my switches aren’t hitting when they shouldn’t.

Once per Soul gem mode the Flank Attack shot (up the orbit and over the star rollover target) will count towards hitting whatever shot is currently active. Works for whichever shot is active at the time unless it's the final shot to the tower.

#3024 3 years ago

Any word from distro on when the topper, shooter rod, and art blades may be available? Yes, they are overpriced, merely asking for a friend.

#3025 3 years ago

I haven’t seen this posted yet but my week old Pro had a washer on the Pym lane guide that had caused some problems in early runs. Looks like they are making adjustments, good news.

E807747F-F81E-42C8-BE15-D2B1D220555A (resized).jpegE807747F-F81E-42C8-BE15-D2B1D220555A (resized).jpeg
#3026 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I haven’t seen this posted yet but my week old Pro had a washer on the Pym lane guide that had caused some problems in early runs. Looks like they are making adjustments, good news.
[quoted image]

Is it me or is that pooling all around washer???

#3027 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Is it me or is that pooling all around washer???

Just light reflections. The playfield is perfect.

Edit: This was a big problem with JP where everyone thought every reflection was pooling.

#3028 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

[quoted image]

Great to see the change from factory, wonder where stern got that idea from

FC65E15E-A6B7-4BA0-9047-C5F48395816A (resized).jpegFC65E15E-A6B7-4BA0-9047-C5F48395816A (resized).jpeg
#3029 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Once per Soul gem mode the Flank Attack shot (up the orbit and over the star rollover target) will count towards hitting whatever shot is currently active. Works for whichever shot is active at the time unless it's the final shot to the tower.

Thanks for pointing that out-I noticed that last night when I got credit for one of the drop targets this way. I was starting to wonder if there was a switch issue where something was wired wrong, or getting triggered from vibration.

#3030 3 years ago

So close to finally gettin my LE

2020-11-18_11-38-42 (resized).jpg2020-11-18_11-38-42 (resized).jpg
#3031 3 years ago
Quoted from steele67:

So close to finally gettin my LE [quoted image]

Chicago to Austin via Phoenix?? Must be taking the scenic route.....

#3032 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Chicago to Austin via Phoenix?? Must be taking the scenic route.....

Yeah, Vendor held it till we closed on our Refi last week (2.5% at 15 years)

#3033 3 years ago

Going back to some earlier posts by about balls hitting the right slingshot from right orbit:

- I replaced my stock rubber last night, and I had used the manual for for my order (instead of looking on the playfield .) I have a Pro, so perhaps it's different for Prem/LE, but the manual calls for 2 3/4" ID rings on the right side (including the entrance to the right orbit). I found that the factory had installed a smaller ring that was super stretched.
RingsInstalledVsSpec (resized).pngRingsInstalledVsSpec (resized).png
- Then I noticed from a previous post, some folks look like they have 2 separate post rubbers instead of one ring.
2PostRings (resized).png2PostRings (resized).png
- Since I was having issue with the right slingshot firing on exits from the right orbit, I tried installing the 3/4" ID ring and found that it clearly isn't what the designer intended, as it now kicks into left slingshot.
SpecRingInPlace (resized).pngSpecRingInPlace (resized).png

I was just curious if anyone has this undocumented ring as well, and/or if folks have been putting in the post rings as a fix.

Side note: I have this at 6.5 and as level left/right as I can get.

#3034 3 years ago

I got a reply back from Stern about the disc not being level. They set up a warranty order for a part to be sent out to fix it and be able to level it. The document attached is what they sent me on how to install it. I hope this helps and that it is ok for me to share this info from their document.

755-7711-00 - Avengers LE spinning disc Bushing Swap - RC3.pdf755-7711-00 - Avengers LE spinning disc Bushing Swap - RC3.pdf

#3035 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

Going back to some earlier posts by about balls hitting the right slingshot from right orbit:
- I replaced my stock rubber last night, and I had used the manual for for my order (instead of looking on the playfield .) I have a Pro, so perhaps it's different for Prem/LE, but the manual calls for 2 3/4" ID rings on the right side (including the entrance to the right orbit). I found that the factory had installed a smaller ring that was super stretched.
[quoted image]
- Then I noticed from a previous post, some folks look like they have 2 separate post rubbers instead of one ring.
[quoted image]
- Since I was having issue with the right slingshot firing on exits from the right orbit, I tried installing the 3/4" ID ring and found that it clearly isn't what the designer intended, as it now kicks into left slingshot.
[quoted image]
I was just curious if anyone has this undocumented ring as well, and/or if folks have been putting in the post rings as a fix.
Side note: I have this at 6.5 and as level left/right as I can get.

My premium has the two rubbers, and the effect is that lower one sticks out a smidge and serves to nudge the ball towards the left flipper. Seems to work well this way.

Also here is the associated page from the premium/LE service manual. The playfield drawing shows two rings, even though the table shows just one 3/16” ID ring,

(Note for folks replacing rubbers: I noticed that the kits added on Titan Pinball’s ring database usually had just one 3/16” ID ring, so just make sure you order two.)

3B90A540-AA34-4106-9DB3-A81450EC8C5D (resized).jpeg3B90A540-AA34-4106-9DB3-A81450EC8C5D (resized).jpeg
#3036 3 years ago
Quoted from broada:

My premium has the two rubbers, and the effect is that lower one sticks out a smidge and serves to nudge the ball towards the left flipper. Seems to work well this way.
Also here is the associated page from the premium/LE service manual. The playfield drawing shows two rings, even though the table shows just one 3/16” ID ring,
(Note for folks replacing rubbers: I noticed that the kits added on Titan Pinball’s ring database usually had just one 3/16” ID ring, so just make sure you order two.) [quoted image]

This is strange because on my premium I either get a SDTM drain or I catch it with the tip of my right flipper and then the ball goes haywire and the slingshots send it into the outlanes for a drain...

Maybe it’s an adjustment to the outer metal ball guide? Was going to mess around with this when I had time. I was watching Ray day’s twitch channel and all of his balls go nicely to the left flipper. Same with Deadflip who’s using Elwins premium

#3037 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

I found that the factory had installed a smaller ring that was super stretched.

That's normal for the pro. What I heard is that since the Captain Marvel spinner returns down the right orbit on the pro, a clean feed to the right flipper was desired. Maybe to mimic the premium U-turn ramp feed. Whereas on the premium, only a bricked/weak shot will roll back down the orbit, which I guess they want to divert left?

On my pro, the right orbit return clipped the slingshot on the way down. Tried to bend the ball guide out a bit, but there's a mount point near the end, almost impossible to bend without removing it from the game and getting some leverage on it.

#3038 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

This is strange because on my premium I either get a SDTM drain or I catch it with the tip of my right flipper and then the ball goes haywire and the slingshots send it into the outlanes for a drain...
Maybe it’s an adjustment to the outer metal ball guide? Was going to mess around with this when I had time. I was watching Ray day’s twitch channel and all of his balls go nicely to the left flipper. Same with Deadflip who’s using Elwins premium

I am in the same boat on my AIQ premium (actually am in the same situation on the return from the right orbit on my DP premium, too), and it drives me crazy!

#3039 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

I got a reply back from Stern about the disc not being level. They set up a warranty order for a part to be sent out to fix it and be able to level it. The document attached is what they sent me on how to install it. I hope this helps and that it is ok for me to share this info from their document.
[quoted image]

Thank you for posting this! Why is Stern sending you a replacement bushing, is the one on your disc defective? My disc is slightly askew and I was intending to try levelling it using the existing bushing, but maybe this is the fix(?). The game is playing fine for now, but the back edge of the disc is slightly raised above the pf.

Someone else here was going to try levelling the disc using washers under the mounting brackets but I don’t think we’ve heard back.

By the way, did you know that if you collect a gem but hit antman with change gems lit before placing it, you can place it as well as move any other gems you might have.

#3040 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Thank you for posting this! Why is Stern sending you a replacement bushing, is the one on your disc defective? My disc is slightly askew and I was intending to try levelling it using the existing bushing, but maybe this is the fix(?). The game is playing fine for now, but the back edge of the disc is slightly raised above the pf.
Someone else here was going to try levelling the disc using washers under the mounting brackets but I don’t think we’ve heard back.
By the way, did you know that if you collect a gem but hit antman with change gems lit before placing it, you can place it as well as move any other gems you might have.

I was thinking of trying the washer thing too and was waiting to see others success before I tried it. I’m not an expert at tear downs of components yet. I just reached out to Stern to see what they thought and this is what they sent me. I will update once I get the part to see how it’s any different.
My game plays fine but it’s annoying to have it off like that. Produces some air balls

#3041 3 years ago

yancy appreciate the additional context. Still seems weird to install rubber that doesn’t match the spec. In any case, I went with the Prem approach (2 separate post rubbers) and it’s beautiful. Nice flowing shots to the right flipper 90% of the time. Ymmv, oh wait, you sold yours.

#3042 3 years ago

Picked up one NIB today. Noticed after several games that the Strange disc is not spinning at all. I don’t see any disconnected plugs or wires.

Put it in test mode and this is what shows up but even with the 48 V enabled pushing the buttons on the control pad doesn’t do anything. Any suggestions?

576B7316-01F5-4070-A340-841C2ADE2B2D (resized).jpeg576B7316-01F5-4070-A340-841C2ADE2B2D (resized).jpeg
#3043 3 years ago

I was going to install a pinball life spike knocker kit but I cannot find the setting to turn on a knocker. Maybe it’s not coded in the game now?
Running .93 code

#3044 3 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

Picked up one NIB today. Noticed after several games that the Strange disc is not spinning at all. I don’t see any disconnected plugs or wires.
Put it in test mode and this is what shows up but even with the 48 V enabled pushing the buttons on the control pad doesn’t do anything. Any suggestions?
[quoted image]

And where do I locate instructions on how to do the disc test? I don’t see it in the online manual.
Mine is production date 11/6/20 and does have the new .93 code

#3045 3 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

Any suggestions?
[quoted image]

If you mean that the game isn’t registering spin, my suggestion is search on this thread. Lots on posts on the subject.

#3046 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

If you mean that the game isn’t registering spin, my suggestion is search on this thread. Lots on posts on the subject.

It does not spin at all and in test the buttons do nothing

#3047 3 years ago

Not an owner. Just sharing this levitating infinity gauntlet as I think it would make a mighty fine topper.

https://www.bradfordexchange.com/products/129735001_marvel-illuminated-levitating-infinity-gauntlet.html

#3048 3 years ago

So for leveling the disc I have this little brass bushing that keeps sliding down the shaft in the disc. I’m gonna try some blue loc tite on it has anyone else tried this?

F3D13218-CE7A-4415-A4F0-53455FCE3C7C (resized).jpegF3D13218-CE7A-4415-A4F0-53455FCE3C7C (resized).jpeg

#3049 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Not an owner. Just sharing this levitating infinity gauntlet as I think it would make a mighty fine topper.
https://www.bradfordexchange.com/products/129735001_marvel-illuminated-levitating-infinity-gauntlet.html

Love shiny objects!

#3050 3 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

It does not spin at all and in test the buttons do nothing

In diagnostics, with the glass off, you’re saying the spinner can’t be moved by hand? That’s a strange issue.

If it does physically spin, but the diag screen does not show rpm or angle changing, search this thread on how to adjust.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/61?hl=anago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.