28F47BE4-2AB6-4F70-B972-C455481A3202 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20220115-WA0005 (resized).jpeg
277DA297-0498-43F9-B09A-16192A91C3E4 (resized).jpeg
8FA1C9C7-D650-4039-AC3F-D91E0C8E054B (resized).jpeg
IMG_9820 (resized).JPG
IMG_2003 (resized).JPG
A7CF59A6-1F0B-411A-B918-A45328216F7A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,161 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 184.
#2951 1 year ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

What’s the difference with the old mech?

This one shouldn’t break.

But honestly, the only difference is the middle fitment is welded much better than the original. Same overall design. Took me two weeks to get mine from my distributor in the US.

#2952 1 year ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

Can you help me please ? I received my game two days ago, I found time to install makrolon, convolux and some mods and I was ready to start the first game ... I can't deny that there was a bit of excitement like in every new box. I leave the honor of the first game to my wife ... first ball ten seconds and drain ... second ball 20 seconds and drain ... third ball, now I'll show you how to do it ...... staaaaackkkk .. .. I hear a metallic noise. in my heart I already knew what had happened, the subway mech died on the third ball of the first game, I wanted to commit suicide ihihihih .... let's not lose hope and together with the first lady we study an action plan and with a steel screw we try to reassemble the mech ...... we managed to do about 10 games without any problem, today I check again that everything is ok but I would clearly change the piece in question under warranty if possible ... .Can you recommend a mail for stern support please? second problem: in the test of the stranger disk I don't see any technical screen .. the disk works regularly in the game but in the test it doesn't give me any value .... any ideas? for the rest I am very satisfied, even if the outlanes are deadly. love
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You can change a setting so that the subway just passes through so that you can still play your machine in while you wait for the part to arrive.

#2953 1 year ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

What’s the difference with the old mech?

The quality of the spot welds has improved.

#2954 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

This one shouldn’t break.
But honestly, the only difference is the middle fitment is welded much better than the original. Same overall design. Took me two weeks to get mine from my distributor in the US.

I thought someone had posted a pic of a new mech with a groove in the subway now? My factory original hasn’t broke yet (only matter of time) but there’s no groove like the one I saw posted.

#2955 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

You can change a setting so that the subway just passes through so that you can still play your machine in while you wait for the part to arrive.

Thank you I managed with a screw to bypass the problem for now

#2956 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I thought someone had posted a pic of a new mech with a groove in the subway now? My factory original hasn’t broke yet (only matter of time) but there’s no groove like the one I saw posted.

That's a different part. The new mechanism looks identical to the replacement, but whatever did change, now works as I have no balls getting stuck going into the scoop. Here's a pic of my old one I need to send back to Stern.

PXL_20201115_161520434.NIGHT (resized).jpg

#2957 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

When I get into Super Disc the game seems to get caught in an unending loop where the shaker makes the disc move just a fraction so the game registers a very small (25K-100K) Super Disc award. That award causes the shaker to go off again, which causes the disc to move slightly again, which causes another small award, which causes the shaker to go off, which causes....
And it doesn't seem to stop. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm guessing there isn't any adjustment for it and the only thing they could do would be to change code so Super Disc doesn't give points for very small movements of the disc.

I experienced this for the first time after I installed .93. Maybe the issue has been there the whole time? Idk. I’m glad it’s not just me.

#2958 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That's a different part. The new mechanism looks identical to the replacement, but whatever did change, now works as I have no balls getting stuck going into the scoop. Here's a pic of my old one I need to send back to Stern.
[quoted image]

Sweet thanks Ler, that’s good to know I had it in my head it was all being replaced, I might ask for both parts then, why not?

#2959 1 year ago

Making progress!

IMG_9463 (resized).JPGIMG_9466 (resized).JPGIMG_9467 (resized).JPG
#2960 1 year ago

Every once in a while when I hit the drop targets they stay up and don’t go down, I’ve only noticed this on the top 2 targets. Is there a fix for this?

#2961 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I added a groove at the end of the subway (in the plastic) to fix a problem I had. It's a different problem then most are having with the prongs. My issue was that the ball would sometimes get hung up at the end of the trough before the VUC. I used a small round file and made a groove like you see in your in-lane switch grooves.

#2962 1 year ago

I have TWO questions about alignments.

1. Black Panther outer loop returns used to hit the rubber on the exit post and cause random bounces, sometimes drains but NEVER would the ball go to the right flipper. Where is the Black Panther loop suppose to go? Right flipper or somewhere else? I bent our the lane metal and now ball goes to right flipper.

2. Magnet lock drop from Avenger's Tower rolls past upper right flipper and SDTM (drain between flippers) nearly all the time. I rotated upper right flipper clockwise and now the ball goes to left flipper. Where does a Avenger's Tower ball suppose to go? Left flipper?

#2963 1 year ago

My guantlet gems seem buggy. Shouldn't they be off at the beginning of a game? They always seems to be half on and light up 100% when im in the mode or i lose that gem. Shouldnt they just be milky white? Its like there is a ghosting issue. Its hard to tell what gems Thanos actually has. Any thoughts?

#2964 1 year ago

Also leveling my Dr Strange disc stopped my phatom disc hits.

#2965 1 year ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

My guantlet gems seem buggy. Shouldn't they be off at the beginning of a game? They always seems to be half on and light up 100% when im in the mode or i lose that gem. Shouldnt they just be milky white? Its like there is a ghosting issue. Its hard to tell what gems Thanos actually has. Any thoughts?

Thanos starts the game with all the gems and when you win a gem the light for it goes off on the glove.

#2966 1 year ago

also also, i canceled my order for the Stern side blades as they were lazy and i didnt need another Thanos face. I had these Star trek ones around. They may not stay long term but I think they work well. Especially with the premium art package.

also also also, i bought 3 colours of trim. Light blue, dark blue and yellow. Light blue was crap. Dark blue worked really well but also blended in a bit too well. Yellow (to my surprise) is the way to go with this game (and i hate yellow)

20201115_224326 (resized).jpg20201115_230400 (resized).jpg

#2967 1 year ago
Quoted from wizman71:

Thanos starts the game with all the gems and when you win a gem the light for it goes off on the glove.

According to what i read somewhere else, The Black Order has the gems and you have to battle each of them for a gem. If you lose, Thanos gets it and it lights up solid. I can only presume that the half lit gem you see is because it’s basically on its way to Thanos via the black order... if he had them all already at the beginning of the game, there would be no battle to begin with.

#2968 1 year ago

Flanos

pasted_image (resized).png
#2969 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Flanos[quoted image]

That immediately made me think, "chilled monkey brains."

#2970 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

1. Black Panther outer loop returns used to hit the rubber on the exit post and cause random bounces, sometimes drains but NEVER would the ball go to the right flipper. Where is the Black Panther loop suppose to go? Right flipper or somewhere else? I bent our the lane metal and now ball goes to right flipper.
2. Magnet lock drop from Avenger's Tower rolls past upper right flipper and SDTM (drain between flippers) nearly all the time. I rotated upper right flipper clockwise and now the ball goes to left flipper. Where does a Avenger's Tower ball suppose to go? Left flipper?

Where a ball coming back down from the right orbit goes will depend on how fast it’s moving and whether or not there’s any spin on it. On mine, balls that go more than 1/2 the way up the orbit and come back just graze the rubber and bounce to the left flipper. Any ball coming back from less than about 1/2 way I know I need to nudge or it’s probably draining.

On mine the tower release usually goes SDTM if I don’t nudge or get it with a flipper.

#2971 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

According to what i read somewhere else, The Black Order has the gems and you have to battle each of them for a gem. If you lose, Thanos gets it and it lights up solid. I can only presume that the half lit gem you see is because it’s basically on its way to Thanos via the black order... if he had them all already at the beginning of the game, there would be no battle to begin with.

Correct your battling the black order to stop them giving the gems to thanos, the gauntlet is probably lit for more of a visual que. the topper has all the gems in a row so this might change in future updates?

An option in the menu would be a good way for people to choose if they want the gauntlet lit from the start/when they loose a gem and also doesn’t penalise those that don’t want the topper.

#2972 1 year ago

Pinball browser was updated to add support for the latest AIQ code, so I'm starting the (long) journey of poking around to see what I can do to replace some of the humdrum background music to more rockin MCU tracks.
Anyone else going down the same path?

#2973 1 year ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Pinball browser was updated to add support for the latest AIQ code, so I'm starting the (long) journey of poking around to see what I can do to replace some of the humdrum background music to more rockin MCU tracks.
Anyone else going down the same path?

Nice I look forward to this! Could you also add in Ironmans replusor sounds? The ones in the game just don’t do it for me, those movie SFX are instantly recognisable and make you think of Ironman.

#2974 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was just pointing out that ball troughs meet your self-declared definition of things you don't like about pinball.

I said ball troughs are no fun. Leg bolts are also no fun. They're necessary. They're fine. You nerds take one strawman conclusion and run wild with it. Not gonna bother with the rest of your post.

Nerds are necessary too, though! Keep making your fan kits.

#2975 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

2. Magnet lock drop from Avenger's Tower rolls past upper right flipper and SDTM (drain between flippers) nearly all the time.

All the ones I've played do that. I think it's supposed to? Kinda sucks in multiball, if you hit the tower and look away to play other balls, it drops STDM after a few seconds. If you keep your eye on the tower, other balls drain. My fix was to sell the game.

#2976 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

All the ones I've played do that. I think it's supposed to? Kinda sucks in multiball, if you hit the tower and look away to play other balls, it drops STDM after a few seconds. If you keep your eye on the tower, other balls drain. My fix was to sell the game.

Maybe since you sold the game you should bail out on this thread. You seem a little salty and unhappy with the title and I doubt the owners thread benefits much from that perspective.

#2977 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Genuinely don’t have that issue here at all, from the tower it usually hits the tip of my right flipper.

#2978 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yep, I'm really loving the game and it's really clicked with me even more this past week (switching back to standard rubber really helped me) but this is still the one part of it that's a bit frustrating for me. I lose a lot of balls SDTM rolling past the upper flipper in multiball too.

#2979 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

On mine, balls coming from the Black Panther right orbit usually get a slight push off the exit post to the left flipper. If the ball has more speed it may deflect to the left slingshot instead.

Quoted from chuckcasey:

From the tower, balls occasionally go SDTM but usually it ends up on the tip of the left flipper.

#2980 1 year ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Maybe since you sold the game you should bail out on this thread. You seem a little salty and unhappy with the title and I doubt the owners thread benefits much from that perspective.

I still play the game when I get a chance and have actually contributed lots of helpful advice in this thread, tower frustration notwithstanding. Thanks though!

#2981 1 year ago

Has anyone taken the Gauntlet off their premium or LE? If so can you please post how you did it?

#2982 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

My fix was to sell the game.

Hilarious!

#2983 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Has anyone taken the Gauntlet off their premium or LE? If so can you please post how you did it?

You have remove the right ramp (and the wire form attached to it). The gauntlet is mounted to the ramp.

#2984 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Thanks for the clarification!

#2985 1 year ago
Quoted from wizman71:

Thanks for the clarification!

This is how I am seeing it too. There are three states for the gems. It could be my eyes playing tricks but when I lose a gem quest its light on the glove is brighter and more solid (not flickering) on the next ball.

...starting to make it to BOM every once in a while. My success rate on the soul gem is about 10 or 15%.

#2986 1 year ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

This is how I am seeing it too. There are three states for the gems. It could be my eyes playing tricks but when I lose a gem quest its light on the glove is brighter and more solid (not flickering) on the next ball.
...starting to make it to BOM every once in a while. My success rate on the soul gem is about 10 or 15%.

Yep: Half-lit on gauntlet = not contested yet. Blinking on gauntlet = currently being fought over. Fully lit on playfield = yours. Fully lit on gauntlet = Thanos's.

Get the mind gem before starting soul gem and power up its avenger to level 1. You can now spot 3 soul gem shots with the button. There's advanced shenanigans involving space gem and another L1 Avenger that can net you 6 button presses, but three should be enough help to clear the mode.

#2987 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Get the mind gem before starting soul gem and power up its avenger to level 1. You can now spot 3 soul gem shots with the button. There's advanced shenanigans involving space gem and another L1 Avenger that can net you 6 button presses, but three should be enough help to clear the mode.

Thanks for the tips! If there are any others, I'm all ears.

#2988 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yep: Half-lit on gauntlet = not contested yet. Blinking on gauntlet = currently being fought over. Fully lit on playfield = yours. Fully lit on gauntlet = Thanos's.

There is a YouTube of Karl deangelo setting this up and achieving a two flip soul gem quest. 84 flips remaining if I recall correctly. I’ve been trying hard to do the powered up avenger with the mind gem strategy but can only get close. I end up starting soul gem before I can get the appropriate avenger powered up.

#2989 1 year ago

Anyone else having an issue with the captain marvel shot not registering on their premium? The opto detects it when it goes up the ramp initially but the switch on the ramp near the pym vuk doesn't always register so it wont count it durning the gem modes half the time which sucks. I haven’t gotten around to trying to fix it yet and wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.

#2990 1 year ago
Quoted from wizman71:

Anyone else having an issue with the captain marvel shot not registering on their premium? The opto detects it when it goes up the ramp initially but the switch on the ramp near the pym vuk doesn't always register so it wont count it durning the gem modes half the time which sucks. I haven’t gotten around to trying to fix it yet and wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.

Yes, I have that same issue occasionally. But it hasn't bugged me enough to fix it yet. I was going to bend the arm on the microswitch a little.

#2991 1 year ago
Quoted from wizman71:

I was having that issue. I gently bent the switch on the ramp. Been registering every time now.

#2992 1 year ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

There is a YouTube of Karl deangelo setting this up and achieving a two flip soul gem quest. 84 flips remaining if I recall correctly. I’ve been trying hard to do the powered up avenger with the mind gem strategy but can only get close. I end up starting soul gem before I can get the appropriate avenger powered up.

The goal is to get a specific avenger fully powered up and then place the mind gem on it correct? Then that would spot you 3 shots in soul gem?

#2993 1 year ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

also also, i canceled my order for the Stern side blades as they were lazy and i didnt need another Thanos face. I had these Star trek ones around. They may not stay long term but I think they work well. Especially with the premium art package.
also also also, i bought 3 colours of trim. Light blue, dark blue and yellow. Light blue was crap. Dark blue worked really well but also blended in a bit too well. Yellow (to my surprise) is the way to go with this game (and i hate yellow)
[quoted image][quoted image]

where did you order them? i havent seen any accessories for sale yet?

#2994 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

The goal is to get a specific avenger fully powered up and then place the mind gem on it correct? Then that would spot you 3 shots in soul gem?

Space Gem on L1 Hulk, and Mind Gem on L1 Captain America. Start Soul Gem with action button lit for Mind gem three charges, then immediately burn all three uses of the Mind gem as the ball leaves the VUK before it gets to the right flipper. Hit the Hulk shot (one flip), use the Space gem to move the gems one to the left, use the mind gem three more times. Hope for a lucky bounce to the right flipper out of the pops and finish the mode with the last tower shot (two total flips).

You can't put the Mind gem on an L2 Avenger or it turns into a super clear and only has one charge and only clears one Soul Gem shot.

#2995 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Space Gem on L1 Hulk, and Mind Gem on L1 Captain America. Start Soul Gem with action button lit for Mind gem three charges, then immediately burn all three uses of the Mind gem as the ball leaves the VUK before it gets to the right flipper. Hit the Hulk shot (one flip), use the Space gem to move the gems one to the left, use the mind gem three more times. Hope for a lucky bounce to the right flipper out of the pops and finish the mode with the last tower shot (two total flips).
You can't put the Mind gem on an L2 Avenger or it turns into a super clear and only has one charge and only clears one Soul Gem shot.

Ok I understand it now. A scaled down (ie, maybe achievable by me) version of this strategy is to have a fresh mind gem on a level 1 avenger going into soul gem, then you have 3 uses to clear the difficult shots like the drops, cm, but you have to finish at the top of the tower.

My best “flips left” soul gem so far is 48.

#2996 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

where did you order them? i havent seen any accessories for sale yet?

Through my distributor (along with my shaker)

#2997 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

For this you don't want the Avenger fully powered up. If you fully power up the Avenger to Level 2 then the Mind gem only gives you one use (although that use is a big boom that works on all active shots on the playfield). If the Avenger where the Mind gem is placed is at Level 1 then you get 3 uses of the Mind gem for a single active shot anywhere on the playfield. And I think the Avenger has to already be at Level 1 when you place the mind gem there, otherwise it will only have its base power which only works on the shot where the gem is located.

#2998 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

For this you don't want the Avenger fully powered up. If you fully power up the Avenger to Level 2 then the Mind gem only gives you one use (although that use is a big boom that works on all active shots on the playfield). If the Avenger where the Mind gem is placed is at Level 1 then you get 3 uses of the Mind gem for a single active shot anywhere on the playfield. And I think the Avenger has to already be at Level 1 when you place the mind gem there, otherwise it will only have its base power which only works on the shot where the gem is located.

Thank you! This is very helpful. Those 3 spotted shots are super beneficial in soul gem mode.

#2999 1 year ago

Made ot to Black Order MB for the first time. (Though i had it lit once before and drained as the portal was rising. grr)
Absolutely tanked it but still put up my personal best so far.
Also, i dont fully understand the gems yet but i had the time gem so after tanking BOMB it gave me all my balls back so i could continue to suck a bit longer. Id read that but forgot about it until it actually happened. So cool.
20201117_110524 (resized).jpg20201117_110525 (resized).jpg20201117_110528 (resized).jpg

#3000 1 year ago
Quoted from wizman71:

Anyone else having an issue with the captain marvel shot not registering on their premium? The opto detects it when it goes up the ramp initially but the switch on the ramp near the pym vuk doesn't always register

Yeah, had this exact problem. One of the microswitch mounting screws was so tight it was compressing the switch case, not allowing the tiny button to pop back out after being actuated. When working properly, you can push the switch blade by hand and feel/hear a slight click every time. Since it's on top of the playfield, you can pretty easily see if the button is sticking.

If that's happening, loosen the microswitch mounting screw(s) until the button pops out. Shouldn't take much.

There are 9,161 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 184.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside