04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 255.
#201 3 years ago

Quick question for those that have bought new Sterns regularly and especially recently, do the Stern supplied pinball balls still need replacing before first use (recommend yes or no)?

#202 3 years ago

Pins 4/5 years ago, maybe, but in TMNT they are good to use.

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Pins 4/5 years ago, maybe, but in TMNT they are good to use.

Thanks...I remember reading a few years ago that they were not the best quality but haven't been paying close attention since. Now I'm "back in the game" I thought I'd double check.

Hopefully the early owners will figure out any needed tweaks, Cliffy's etc before the premiums arrive in NZ...in case I need to order anything else for day 1, as orders can take a while to get down under eh

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Quick question for those that have bought new Sterns regularly and especially recently, do the Stern supplied pinball balls still need replacing before first use (recommend yes or no)?

I've found that the balls are pretty decent. However, I would recommend keeping an eye on the black rubber stern puts in the machines (everywhere). My personal experience is that it breaks down quickly and starts leaving smudges and debris on the balls which of course gets on the playfield. Others may disagree, but I replace those first thing. Use whatever brand you prefer.

#205 3 years ago

Balls are fine imho. I dont replace rubbers either when im getting nib

#206 3 years ago

Just check them, if they are smooth and shiny then clean off the oil and put them in. Every now and then a golfball-looking pinball will get in there.....don't use those.

#207 3 years ago

I can't wait for you guys to play it. The ramps are SO smooth. The ball comes right back to the flipper. The goals are clearly laid out. And the playfield is simply beautiful. Dr Strange's disc looks pretty sweet underneath. And for those of you asking it ships with Code 0.90

IMG_4592 (resized).jpegIMG_4592 (resized).jpegIMG_4686 (resized).jpegIMG_4686 (resized).jpeg
#208 3 years ago
Quoted from TheModalorian:

I can't wait for you guys to play it. The ramps are SO smooth. The ball comes right back to the flipper. The goals are clearly laid out. And the playfield is simply beautiful. Dr Strange's disc looks pretty sweet underneath. And for those of you asking it ships with Code 0.90
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that a personal pin? Where are you located? I'm just curious of time frame on shipping vs. Landing in owners hands.

#209 3 years ago

Damnnnn dude I played one and it is pretty awesome and I think I might have to make some room for this one kids. Didn't really see this one coming but it did kind of make me forget aboot the PF issues

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Damnnnn dude I played one and it is pretty awesome and I think I might have to make some room for this one kids. Didn't really see this one coming but it did kind of make me forget aboot the PF issues

Ohhhh, Shit! It's got the stamp of approval from the law!

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Is that a personal pin? Where are you located? I'm just curious of time frame on shipping vs. Landing in owners hands.

No, I played it at my Distributor. I'm in FL, he said they are hoping to have the LEs next week. And Premiums the middle of next month.

#212 3 years ago

Whatcha first-run Pro and LE owners got in mine for out of box adds or protectors?

A six pack and let it rip or ya’ll already got some plans?

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Side art blades to start, and go from there.

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Whatcha first-run Pro and LE owners got in mine for out of box adds or protectors?

Replace stock rubbers with Titans, then let er' rip!!

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Mylar in the shooter lane and new balls is all I have planned. Eventually I’ll add a plastic protector set and Titan rubbers,

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Mylar & Pinball Life shooter lane protector, and I'll be checking to see if it looks like any fabric washers need to be added to protect the playfield from the apron and ball guides digging into it. Also will check to see if any ball guides need to be loosened just a bit to raise the bottom edge of them off the playfield. Then let 'er rip!!!

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Damnnnn dude I played one and it is pretty awesome

Your reaction - make sure it was an Avengers and not TMNT!

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Shaker motor is a must have IMO so I have that on order.

I also ordered Titan flipper rubbers, new Ninja balls, a PinMonk quiet power supply fan, and the PinMonk Flipper coil cooking kit.

#219 3 years ago

Just a little off topic, but damn, what talent and dedication!! So cool to see the end payoff.

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

New balls.

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Mylar in the shooter lane and new balls is all I have planned. Eventually I’ll add a plastic protector set and Titan rubbers,

My shooter lane was cracking on TMNT even with mylar in place just by a few games, better find another solution...

#222 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

My shooter lane was cracking on TMNT even with mylar in place just by a few games, better find another solution...

Best solution is turning down the coil power to the lowest it’ll go. That in combination with any protection should work.

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Turn the trough eject power right down and fit shooter lane Cliffys.

#224 3 years ago

Not doing anything on mine, just pulling it out of the box, testing all the switches and coils, then letting it rip!

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Best solution is turning down the coil power to the lowest it’ll go. That in combination with any protection should work.

it was set to a minimum... use a real protector not mylar here!

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

it was set to a minimum... use a real protector not mylar here!

Where can one find these clear rigid shooter lane protectors? Pinball life doesnt seem to have them.

#227 3 years ago

Where can one find these clear rigid shooter lane protectors? Pinball life doesnt seem to have them.

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector

I called em about two hours ago. They dont have the specs for AIQ yet.
She mentioned using blue painters tape trimmed nicely until they get the AIQ design ready

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector
I called em about two hours ago. They dont have the specs for AIQ yet.
She mentioned using blue painters tape trimmed nicely until they get the AIQ design ready

Thanks! I'll throw down some blue tape then to hold me over.

#229 3 years ago

I emailed Cliff over at Cliffys protectors and he said he's waiting for the specs of the machine and then he will have a nice shooter lane protector ready to sell. These are excellent shooter lane protectors, I have them on all of my machines.

Dan

#230 3 years ago

I prefer the metal cliffies over the clear plastic. Lower profile and less impact to ball physics. I emailed cliff today and he invoiced immediately for shipment tomorrow for my JP Prem.

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I prefer the metal cliffies over the clear plastic. Lower profile and less impact to ball physics. I emailed cliff today and he invoiced immediately for shipment tomorrow for my JP Prem.

I ❤️ Cliff. He’s a good dude.

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Pingulp - that's it. Pretty much the only mod I put on all my games.

#233 3 years ago

I've noticed in the promo video that the pop-up post above the top flipper is plastic rather than the metal that JP has. Any concerns there on wear?

Edit - Just got a response from Keith himself on the Deadflip stream. It's plastic on the machine they're using but will be metal on the production games.

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I've noticed in the promo video that the pop-up post above the top flipper is plastic rather than the metal that JP has. Any concerns there on wear?
Edit - Just got a response from Keith himself on the Deadflip stream. It's plastic on the machine they're using but will be metal on the production games.

Is there a deadflip stream on now? Link please?
EDIT: Found it

#235 3 years ago

Thanks! I'll throw down some blue tape then to hold me over.

Put down some self adhesive felt in the shooter lane.

Blue is not gonna cut it for long.

$1.25 for a sheet at Hobby Lobby. Cut it to size and apply.

Best cheap protector out there AND you can cover about 40 games with one sheet.

Gotta love Cliffy but just don't need it.

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Anything else neat come out of it? Love streams but not watching more AIQs until i discover the game myself

#237 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like the sound of that - any picture for reference?

#238 3 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

I like the sound of that - any picture for reference?

I just pm’d him lol! Maybe he will hook us all up

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Anything else neat come out of it? Love streams but not watching more AIQs until i discover the game myself

Not much other new information, but I'm enjoying watching more play as I'm waiting for my Premium to get here. Keeps the hype up He mentioned at the close that he'd stream it again when new code drops "very soon".

One thing, Jack mentioned that the left orbit (Hulk shot) is the hardest thing for him to hit, and he puts the Soul Stone on the center ramp, meaning that's the thing he find easy to hit. Which didn't jive with what I thought, as I've watched the game be streamed a few times now and felt like the center ramp was the one that rolled back on players the most. But seems I'm wrong about that.

Will be really interesting to see regular people start to stream this game out in the wild.

#240 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah man, I'm down with that. As others have asked, do you have any pictures?

#241 3 years ago

Would love to see how it gets applied. I have been buying the shooter lane protectors from Mezel Mods @28.00 a piece. They blend very well and do a great job protecting. However in 2020 we could all use a new way to save some money.

#242 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Side blades
Shaker motor
New t molding
Frosted GI
Titans
Pinnovators sub kit
Pinmonk fan kit
5.25" speakers
Speaklightkits 5.25" speaker kit and lights
*plastic protectors for slings and lane guides (when available)
*Paint the dish glove with some detail (eventually)

#243 3 years ago

Put time on the pro today and shoots silky smooth fantastic. I found the music and callouts fine - not annoying at all.

You all are going to be very satisfied with your purchase.
(Up post is metal, btw.)

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Love streams but not watching more AIQs until i discover the game myself

Ha! I'm the same! Watched some of original reveal and a little bit of next couple streams, but waiting until my Premium arrives so I can discover it myself.

Did the same with my Deadpool! Didn't watch any streams until I'd already had it a while.

#245 3 years ago

Added post pic - upper left.
Playfield checked out with no issues.
Good luck

17BA9A55-9806-4DFD-A15C-A4274F48E17D (resized).jpeg17BA9A55-9806-4DFD-A15C-A4274F48E17D (resized).jpeg

#246 3 years ago

For anyone in Las Vegas the Pinball Hall of Fame has a pro model on the floor

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Definitely need to turn ball eject coil down after applying the mylar and see what is best, I made the mistake of leaving my JP prem on factory strength while waiting for the protector to show up and I now have a little marring where the ball hit the right edge of the shooter lane. My buddy's say I'm crazy but IT'S THERE! Also wanted to add a playfield protector to JP but pinball machines ARE MEANT TO BE PLAYED! There is mylar in all of the high traffic areas so I'm good with the dimples... I may eventually have the playfield clearcoated but It's FAR TOO ADDICTIVE to let it go out of rotation to unpopulate and clear it RN!

Avengers will be the same way! Can't wait to get my premium! I advise ANY PRO/PREMIUM BUYER to have
Robertstone0407 of Stone cold coatings add some high end finishing touches to your machine... he's done work for me in the recent past (durring all this craziness) and will 100% be doing all of my machines in the future! Want to talk mods? His work is the ultimate mod! I know this is my JP but It's one of Keith's masterpieces and currently my favorite game! Rob will be doing my AIQ prem in this illusion Berry as well!!

20200915_203439 (resized).jpg20200915_203439 (resized).jpgpowder-coated-dohc-vtec-valve-cover-thumbnail (resized).jpgpowder-coated-dohc-vtec-valve-cover-thumbnail (resized).jpg

#248 3 years ago

Yeah man, I'm down with that. As others have asked, do you have any pictures?

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Basic-Crafts/Felt/Black-Soft-Peel-&-Stick-Craft-Felt---9%22-x-12%22/p/20782

I've had it on some games for years. I did buy a few of the clear lane protectors from Mezel for BM66, MB and maybe one other one?

As you can see it comes in all different colors. Easy down, easy up.

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Basic-Crafts/Felt/Black-Soft-Peel-&-Stick-Craft-Felt---9%22-x-12%22/p/20782
I've had it on some games for years. I did buy a few of the clear lane protectors from Mezel for BM66, MB and maybe one other one?
As you can see it comes in all different colors. Easy down, easy up.

Thanks! I'll try it out for sure. Plus as the product description states, I can turn my pin into an adorably adorned craft!

#250 3 years ago

anyone know when the topper comes out?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Newnan, GA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/5?hl=playtwowin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.