4CD8A48C-D27E-46C0-8BC4-18B4028DB2AF (resized).jpeg
78FA400D-9E5C-4A2B-AE91-F6E87E7EC426 (resized).jpeg
7622686D-E0F3-4980-A4F6-826F5B77922E (resized).jpeg
897402E0-B7C5-4911-84DB-12D0657AE5B6 (resized).jpeg
20220524_185623 (resized).jpg
20220524_185632 (resized).jpg
avengers 2600m.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,111 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 203.
#2901 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Gotta get that fixed! Cauliflower is amazing.
Iron lanes are hard, but I welcome the change. Lane change has been an afterthought for too long.

I actually think stuff like this forces you to become a better player. I don’t know if it’s just coincidental but I’ve had AIQ for 2 maybe 3 weeks (times a blur in this lockdown) and I’ve put up new GC scores on all my other games blowing away my previous GC scores, first time I’ve ever got to warp 9+ on my Star Trek too which felt amazing!

#2902 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Spinning Disc Adjustment Points and Procedure - Click on the pdf - it's multiple pages[quoted image]

Any tips for leveling the disc from one side to the other? Only about 2/3 of my disc is sitting flush with the playfield. Thanks

#2903 1 year ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Any tips for leveling the disc from one side to the other? Only about 2/3 of my disc is sitting flush with the playfield. Thanks

Same issue here, I’ve made the front 3/4 of my disc level with the playfield while the back 1/4 is still slightly higher than the playfield edge, figures s there’s only returning balls coming out of the pops so that’s going to be the best solution for now.

There doesn’t appear to be a way to leave the disc side to side (front to back) just up and down, so I’ll probably remove the disc mech and put some washers under the back mounts and see if that levels it out front to back.

#2904 1 year ago

Does everyones cab have silver bolts in the side art? Seems like black would have blended better. I actually had to go look at my Maiden to see and it does indeed have black bolts. Not a big deal. Just seemed like an odd choice or maybe i got the wrong bolts.

20201114_095455 (resized).jpg
#2905 1 year ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Does everyones cab have silver bolts in the side art? Seems like black would have blended better. I actually had to go look at my Maiden to see and it does indeed have black bolts. Not a big deal. Just seemed like an odd choice or maybe i got the wrong bolts.
[quoted image]

Mine are silver too.

#2906 1 year ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

Anyone else having issues with the Strange spinner not recognizing movement? After adjusting (see post #2827), it worked fine for that session, when I booted her up this morning, same issue: no advancing of strange during multiple spins.
I've learned that the red LED for the sensor board, blinking 3 times indicates some kind of error. A regular on/off LED indicates (I think that all is well.)
I'm at the point now, where simply by opening the coin door, disabling the power safety, seeing the 'on/off' of the board, close door - seems to correct the problem (in the middle of a game.) So I'm not even touching the PF.

have the same issue (intermittent magnetic sensor board working or not)

Still waiting for parts for more than a month to fix this. Not sure what will fix it though.

#2907 1 year ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Page 54 of the manual has a schematic of the disc mech. Right below the mounting bracket there is a leveling bushing with three lock nuts, I think this is where leveling adjustments need to be made. My disc is slightly skewed, with the back edge slightly above the pf so the effect on game play is mitigated (it still spins and registers, and doesn’t cause too many air balls).

There was a Spinning Disc Adjustment Points and Procedure document from Stern posted on this thread earlier. It shows how to adjust the height and calibration the sensor but not how to level the disc. Where does one look for these helpful documents? I couldn’t find any on the stern website...

I might try leveling using the bushing but I was hoping if someone here has already tried they could share their experience.

I am having a blast with this machine! I’ve made it to BOM once, and I’ve collected a few soul gems. I’m still chasing my first soul gem jackpot. The only bummer is that my wife holds the current GC score!

Quick question....I think there is a special challenge mode (battle royale challenge?)....how do you start it?

#2908 1 year ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Page 54 of the manual has a schematic of the disc mech. Right below the mounting bracket there is a leveling bushing with three lock nuts, I think this is where leveling adjustments need to be made. My disc is slightly skewed, with the back edge slightly above the pf so the effect on game play is mitigated (it still spins and registers, and doesn’t cause too many air balls).
There was a Spinning Disc Adjustment Points and Procedure document from Stern posted on this thread earlier. It shows how to adjust the height and calibration the sensor but not how to level the disc. Where does one look for these helpful documents? I couldn’t find any on the stern website...
I might try leveling using the bushing but I was hoping if someone here has already tried they could share their experience.
I am having a blast with this machine! I’ve made it to BOM once, and I’ve collected a few soul gems. I’m still chasing my first soul gem jackpot. The only bummer is that my wife holds the current GC score!
Quick question....I think there is a special challenge mode (battle royale challenge?)....how do you start it?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/58#post-5962151

Here’s the post with the up down levelling and sensor gap. I tried the lock nut and the sensor check, all pretty much perfect gap wise around the disc but I still can’t get it level front to back, going to put washers under the back and see if that works.

#2909 1 year ago

That means you will have to dismantle the mech to add the washer(s) right? Let us know how it goes, it looks like there are at least a few of us with the disc slightly off kilter.

#2910 1 year ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Hold in both flipper buttons for a couple seconds and the screen will bring up a menu for which setting to play. Use the flipper button to toggle it to Challenge Mode and hit start, then you'll be in Battle Royale.

#2911 1 year ago

When I get into Super Disc the game seems to get caught in an unending loop where the shaker makes the disc move just a fraction so the game registers a very small (25K-100K) Super Disc award. That award causes the shaker to go off again, which causes the disc to move slightly again, which causes another small award, which causes the shaker to go off, which causes....

And it doesn't seem to stop. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm guessing there isn't any adjustment for it and the only thing they could do would be to change code so Super Disc doesn't give points for very small movements of the disc.

#2912 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

When I get into Super Disc the game seems to get caught in an unending loop where the shaker makes the disc move just a fraction so the game registers a very small (25K-100K) Super Disc award. That award causes the shaker to go off again, which causes the disc to move slightly again, which causes another small award, which causes the shaker to go off, which causes....
And it doesn't seem to stop. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm guessing there isn't any adjustment for it and the only thing they could do would be to change code so Super Disc doesn't give points for very small movements of the disc.

How do you intentionally start super disc and super gauntlet? The rules are starting to fall in place but I’ve activated these 2 unintentionally a few times now.

And out of curiosity how many games has everyone put on their AIQ so far? I’m up to about 450 and half that time I’ve been away from home due to work.

#2913 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

How do you intentionally start super disc and super gauntlet? The rules are starting to fall in place but I’ve activated these 2 unintentionally a few times now.
And out of curiosity how many games has everyone put on their AIQ so far? I’m up to about 450 and half that time I’ve been away from home due to work.

When you make a bingo on the Vision computer grid. Its a huge part of the game. You'll notice Elwin and Davidson talk about stacking these modes with the quests and multiballs to rack up massive points.

I've put about 200 plays on my machine. The only issue I've hadd is balls getting stuck in the subway.

#2914 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

When you make a bingo on the Vision computer grid. Its a huge part of the game. You'll notice Elwin and Davidson talk about stacking these modes with the quests and multiballs to rack up massive points.
I've put about 200 plays on my machine. The only issue I've add is balls getting stuck in the subway.

Ah thank you, it wasn’t until last night watching Jack and Ray that I started to realise the ins and outs of the bingo grid.

I will focus on it later tonight along with portal locks and levelling up the avengers hopefully smash my GC in the process.

#2915 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Spinning Disc Adjustment Points and Procedure - Click on the pdf - it's multiple pages[quoted image]

Thanks! I saw that doc linked earlier, but thought it was just for leveling the disc. Strange that those instructions aren't in the manual, or the service bulletins section on the Stern website-is there somewhere else that it was posted?

If anyone else runs into this, look at p3 of that PDF and adjust the sensor closer to the shaft so that the field strength is high enough (over 300 in all positions). Seems to be fine now (although I'm sure this will fall out of alignment after long enough).

#2916 1 year ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

have the same issue (intermittent magnetic sensor board working or not)
Still waiting for parts for more than a month to fix this. Not sure what will fix it though.

ezeltmann Did you already try adjusting the sensor so there's a 1/16" gap? What's your spinner diagnostic say? Sounds like you've already determined a board issue, so just curious what the final assessment was from your distr.

Since making the adjustment to the gap, it's been working consistently within a single power cycle. However, I've noticed on new power-on cycles, that it's in that 'dead mode', not sensing any spin. Open the coin door, enable 48V switch, look for the steady blinking of red LED, close the door and now it's working...

#2917 1 year ago

What do EHOH and AIQ have in common?

The outer space animated background.

2 (resized).png
#2918 1 year ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image]

Mine does

758B37B2-37B9-4C14-BE81-1825AA529A0D (resized).jpeg
#2919 1 year ago

Does anyone have issues with rejects on the captain marvel ramp..... I feel like if I hit it square but to hard the ball spins at the top of the apex and falls back down ..... 90% of the time sdtm

#2920 1 year ago

Installed the Blue T-molding, Speakerlightkits Type-13 with 5.25" upgrade mount, and Kenwood KFC-1366S 5.25" speakers, plus Invisiglass, Mezelmods Tower & Sanctum, Double Lighting Rails, PBL Volume control, PBL Headphone control, Plastic Protectors, and Titan clear rings. Still waiting on the Thanos mod and the Stern Siderails...

A51C7C22-6CB0-4D68-972C-C148A5B40093.jpeg

Fits in nicely!!!

985C674C-7779-4B6B-A0CA-9FAB120BB1A4.jpeg

#2921 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Does anyone have issues with rejects on the captain marvel ramp..... I feel like if I hit it square but to hard the ball spins at the top of the apex and falls back down ..... 90% of the time sdtm

Yes, I have been having the same issue lately. The ball seems like it has enough speed but then fails to go over the apex and slides back down again.

#2922 1 year ago

I seem to be having a switch issue where the flippers are also activating the inner loop switch. Confirmed it in the switch tests. It comes and goes, but always activated by the flippers. Any ideas? Not sure what to do next.

#2923 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

It seems like with the way the ramp is designed it can make shots that weren't quite good enough look like they should have been good enough and got unfairly rejected. I think it's just that some shots that aren't good enough look a bit deceiving. With how close the ramp is and the shape of the ramp a shot that isn't good enough can still go a pretty far ways up it or go a bit up and rattle a bit and then come back.

On mine I can hit good shots smoothly through the ramp pretty consistently. But there are also a decent number that end up looking like they were good because they go a ways up and then come back down for some reason, and some also fall out the back of the wire sometimes too. As long as I'm able to get good shots through it fairly consistently, then when one occasionally fails I just chalk it up to the shot looking good but not really being good enough. I think it's just a bit of a tougher ramp to make that what it seems like. And yes a shot coming back at you off that ramp is a big risk to go SDTM.

#2924 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

It seems like with the way the ramp is designed it can make shots that weren't quite good enough look like they should have been good enough and got unfairly rejected. I think it's just that some shots that aren't good enough look a bit deceiving. With how close the ramp is and the shape of the ramp a shot that isn't good enough can still go a pretty far ways up it or go a bit up and rattle a bit and then come back.
On mine I can hit good shots smoothly through the ramp pretty consistently. But there are also a decent number that end up looking like they were good because they go a ways up and then come back down for some reason, and some also fall out the back of the wire sometimes too. As long as I'm able to get good shots through it fairly consistently, then when one occasionally fails I just chalk it up to the shot looking good but not really being good enough. I think it's just a bit of a tougher ramp to make that what it seems like. And yes a shot coming back at you off that ramp is a big risk to go SDTM.

I agree. I've also had just a few fall out the back and a few also apparently "Too Strong" and they bounce off the top of the ramp plastic protector and come back out.

I'm getting better at combo-ing Captain Marvel and Black Widow a few times in a row each.

#2925 1 year ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

I seem to be having a switch issue where the flippers are also activating the inner loop switch. Confirmed it in the switch tests. It comes and goes, but always activated by the flippers. Any ideas? Not sure what to do next.

I'm not at my game, but if that is a physical switch and not an opto, you can adjust the leafs so there is a little more distance between the switch contacts to get rid of nuisance trips.

#2926 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I'm not at my game, but if that is a physical switch and not an opto, you can adjust the leafs so there is a little more distance between the switch contacts to get rid of nuisance trips.

I’ll have a look but I’m pretty sure it’s an opto, and it seems pretty specific to the flippers.

#2927 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So ball troughs are inscrutable to you?

They're not fun.

#2928 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

They're not fun.

So you're advocating for ball trough removal because you can't see what the ball's doing and they're not fun? Ball troughs have a utility that transcends fun.

#2929 1 year ago

Would love to see the complex subway return from STTNG. But this time use it to have multiple scoops that could fire the ball at the player but it’s unknown where it’s coming from. Coyle make for a cool multiball start as well.

#2930 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Would love to see the complex subway return from STTNG. But this time use it to have multiple scoops that could fire the ball at the player but it’s unknown where it’s coming from. Coyle make for a cool multiball start as well.

Stern's bean counters have really ruined the variety of play that Bally/Williams did so well and continually innovated on with subway use. Glad to see Elwin tippy-toeing into them with Iron Maiden (world's shortest subway) and now Avengers Prem/LE (world's most annoying subway). I hope he gets into making cool, surprising, fun subways with diverters and pre-loads for seemingly instant ball travel from one end of the playfield to the other. He has the clout at Stern to change their long record of subway omission. Time to use it.

#2931 1 year ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

I’ll have a look but I’m pretty sure it’s an opto, and it seems pretty specific to the flippers.

Here’s an idea: Try testing it by removing the inner loop opto bracket using your hand to block it and see if it registers correctly in switch test. It’s easy to remove. Then with it still removed flip the flippers and see whether or not it registers. If you test it like this and there’s no issue, then I think the problem will likely be due to vibration moving the opto bracket just enough to make it register, so you might try shimming the bracket with washers to see if that moves them to a height where vibration won’t make them register.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/29#post-5909864

#2932 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern's bean counters have really ruined the variety of play that Bally/Williams did so well and continually innovated on with subway use. Glad to see Elwin tippy-toeing into them with Iron Maiden (world's shortest subway) and now Avengers Prem/LE (world's most annoying subway). I hope he gets into making cool, surprising, fun subways with diverters and pre-loads for seemingly instant ball travel from one end of the playfield to the other. He has the clout at Stern to change their long record of subway omission. Time to use it.

Totally agree. Love the idea to simulate ball warping across the playfield with staging like spectrum. Time to put that to use on a game that is actually good. Haha

#2933 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Same issue here, I’ve made the front 3/4 of my disc level with the playfield while the back 1/4 is still slightly higher than the playfield edge, figures s there’s only returning balls coming out of the pops so that’s going to be the best solution for now.
There doesn’t appear to be a way to leave the disc side to side (front to back) just up and down, so I’ll probably remove the disc mech and put some washers under the back mounts and see if that levels it out front to back.

There’s a brass bushing that slid down on mine and I just pushed it back up the shaft into the plastic base and it tightened it right up so it wouldn’t wobble

#2934 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Installed the Blue T-molding, Speakerlightkits Type-13 with 5.25" upgrade mount, and Kenwood KFC-1366S 5.25" speakers, plus Invisiglass, Mezelmods Tower & Sanctum, Double Lighting Rails, PBL Volume control, PBL Headphone control, Plastic Protectors, and Titan clear rings. Still waiting on the Thanos mod and the Stern Siderails...
[quoted image]
Fits in nicely!!!
[quoted image]

Not gonna lie, a little jealous of that Tron

#2935 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Here’s an idea: Try testing it by removing the inner loop opto bracket using your hand to block it and see if it registers correctly in switch test. It’s easy to remove. Then with it still removed flip the flippers and see whether or not it registers. If you test it like this and there’s no issue, then I think the problem will likely be due to vibration moving the opto bracket just enough to make it register, so you might try shimming the bracket with washers to see if that moves them to a height where vibration won’t make them register.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/29#post-5909864

Good idea, and thanks for the link. I’ll try this out, but in the switch test I also saw the 3 bank briefly triggering with the flippers so I’m concerned it’s a node board. Will check the simple stuff first though.

#2936 1 year ago

Just got Avengers yesterday and was going crazy trying to understand how to start gem modes. Watched videos and confirmed I thought I knew how to, but it wasn’t working. Long story short, the ramp opto cables were flip flopped. Apparently the the cables were labeled wrong.

#2937 1 year ago

I would email stern either through their bug report email or maybe your distributor to tell them about the opto mis labeling. Seems to have affected a lot of games.

#2938 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Totally agree. Love the idea to simulate ball warping across the playfield with staging like spectrum. Time to put that to use on a game that is actually good. Haha

And if Keith does it (or whoever, I don't care who is first at Stern), I want some kind of automobile noise-dampening material on the subway troughs and magnetic ball launches instead of kicker coils to start the ball moving silently and keep it silent as the ball moves through them so I can't hear it staging the balls or moving things around. Also a ball trough redesign with a diverter that sends drained balls directly into the subway system immediately for restaging would be excellent and move the hobby forward.

#2939 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So you're advocating for ball trough removal because you can't see what the ball's doing and they're not fun?

No. You’re playing dumb. Ball troughs are essential, but no fun. Subways are neither.

#2940 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But this time use it to have multiple scoops that could fire the ball at the player but it’s unknown where it’s coming from.

Don’t quit your day job.

#2941 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

No. You’re playing dumb. Ball troughs are essential, but no fun. Subways are neither.

I'm not playing. It's effortless.

I was just pointing out that ball troughs meet your self-declared definition of things you don't like about pinball. Subways can be WAY more fun than a ball trough. If you can accept ball troughs, you can enjoy subways done well. Are you telling me you don't like the idol lock on Indy? That shot, subway, and lock sequence is fantastic, satisfying entertainment every time.

#2942 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Don’t quit your day job.

Why would I do that? Pays way better than anything else.

#2943 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Rick and Morty's implementation works well. Balll falls into the garage way in the back and instantly fires into the left inlane.

#2945 1 year ago

Can you help me please ? I received my game two days ago, I found time to install makrolon, convolux and some mods and I was ready to start the first game ... I can't deny that there was a bit of excitement like in every new box. I leave the honor of the first game to my wife ... first ball ten seconds and drain ... second ball 20 seconds and drain ... third ball, now I'll show you how to do it ...... staaaaackkkk .. .. I hear a metallic noise. in my heart I already knew what had happened, the subway mech died on the third ball of the first game, I wanted to commit suicide ihihihih .... let's not lose hope and together with the first lady we study an action plan and with a steel screw we try to reassemble the mech ...... we managed to do about 10 games without any problem, today I check again that everything is ok but I would clearly change the piece in question under warranty if possible ... .Can you recommend a mail for stern support please? second problem: in the test of the stranger disk I don't see any technical screen .. the disk works regularly in the game but in the test it doesn't give me any value .... any ideas? for the rest I am very satisfied, even if the outlanes are deadly. love

2946A07C-7741-4563-8891-9B2582246165 (resized).jpeg51499555-EBB8-4C22-B33D-C5BD94612A57 (resized).jpegAE2BC427-4E86-45A5-A11F-526389F29F05 (resized).jpegCC329F3A-7849-4AA0-B4C1-D27A04355137 (resized).jpeg
#2946 1 year ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

Can you recommend a mail for stern support please?

[email protected] should help, but he will likely ask you to contact your distributor first.

#2947 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[email protected] should help, but he will likely ask you to contact your distributor first.

Grazie

#2948 1 year ago

For European users, the best way is to call your distributor. Stern don't ship parts under warranty direcly to european end users nowadays.

#2949 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And ... Stern will send you this!
IMG_0108 (resized).jpg

20201115_080502 (resized).jpg
#2950 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

And ... Stern will send you this!
[quoted image][quoted image]

What’s the difference with the old mech?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 10,111 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!