IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 256.
#2851 3 years ago

#35 just landed

0FE113B7-F422-4888-B708-7282C9B923D5 (resized).jpeg0FE113B7-F422-4888-B708-7282C9B923D5 (resized).jpegACD0B275-FF03-40EF-8A37-5EC6EEA85B3A (resized).jpegACD0B275-FF03-40EF-8A37-5EC6EEA85B3A (resized).jpeg06470DCF-727E-4C5B-85C8-F0B79CBAD913 (resized).jpeg06470DCF-727E-4C5B-85C8-F0B79CBAD913 (resized).jpeg
#2852 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

My distributor: Our delivery team will call you next week to set up a delivery time.
Me: Is it already there if i can arrange to pick it up this week?
My distributor: Yes
I had a hard time finding a rental last minute but im picking up a van in 2hrs. Today is the day!!!!

You will like it a lot
I've had mine for weeks now, only game I'm playing.

#2853 3 years ago

Get yer pre orders in now

https://hasbropulse.com/products/marvel-legends-series-thanos?fbclid=IwAR2yxEzXoDJW3CkyZ_S0Z6yn5wUGL9v6u9zr4JzbUJI7lASk-wci3T8ZJ_I

F02205L00_5010993789771_pkg_20_Online_300DPI_2000x (resized).jpgF02205L00_5010993789771_pkg_20_Online_300DPI_2000x (resized).jpg
#2854 3 years ago

I use Perfect Play and have never replaced them due to wear and use Titans as well. I think they are too similar for anecdotal opinions as both are good. Try both and see which you like.

#2855 3 years ago

I'm pretty loyal to Titan. I believe they created the first multi colored rubbers. I could be wrong. However, I've never been disappointed and they have great customer service. The only time I use Super Bands is for posts.

#2856 3 years ago

I have the machine for two weeks and I think it's time for a little review.

Rules wise, this machine is top notch.

I think it's a little disapointing that two of the gems battles (Reality Gem and Space Gem) share the same little blurry background (the city). I think that the latter battle could take place in a space ship (Q-Ship). A wider range of characters animations would be a strong point too.

On the sound side, it's a little short in variety, there's not enough tracks and it misses epic tracks for multiballs modes. The sound FX are excellent, as always with Jerry Thompson. I do like the callouts too.

It's overall a very good start, with fantastic layout and artwork on the playfield. There's some range of improvement in the software and that's exciting because great coders are onboard (Rick Naegele and Raymond Davidson).

#2857 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Aftermarket post sleeves like Titan absorb some of that energy since they are pliable.

I tried Titan's tapered slim post sleeves on a JP, and a couple of them are completely shredded after about 1200 plays, leaving tiny black bits all around. It makes me think they're a bit too soft, and something in between might work better. Or maybe too soft for that wall thickness anyway.

#2858 3 years ago

Testing placement of Captain Marvel on her ramp. Solid one piece design in the same costume as she appears on the playfield. This simple $4.00 addition looks factory, and not like adding a toy action figure. Perfect size for mounting to the plexiglass. Find them on eBay.

9DD1C6C7-57D7-4B12-9BB2-32948394DF7C (resized).jpeg9DD1C6C7-57D7-4B12-9BB2-32948394DF7C (resized).jpeg
#2859 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I use Perfect Play and have never replaced them due to wear and use Titans as well. I think they are too similar for anecdotal opinions as both are good. Try both and see which you like.

I've used both as well, sometimes just based on color (the purple in particular are very different between the two) and have had similar results with both. Both can and do wear at the tip and probably a little faster than good black rubber ones but the trade-offs (easier to clean, less black ball-trails) are worth it to me. I just received a set of the Titan reduced-bounce ones but I haven't installed them on anything yet to see how they do.

#2860 3 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Testing placement of Captain Marvel on her ramp.

Wow, that's a really well done, tasteful mod. Matches the ramp perfectly.

#2861 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any time with perfect play chuck? I’m curious how they compare but won’t be buying any rubbers until this stupid 25% tariff disappears.

I've used the Perfect Play rubbers for a couple years now and like them. The tips of the flipper rubber can start to wear, so I rotate them on the flipper from time to time. They don't seem to "shed" but the "dust" will collect on the face of the rubbers, so I give them a wipe with Novus 1 every couple hundred plays.

#2862 3 years ago

Testing placement of Captain Marvel on her ramp. Solid one piece design in the same costume as she appears on the playfield. This simple $4.00 addition looks factory, and not like adding a toy action figure. Perfect size for mounting to the plexiglass. Find them on eBay.
[quoted image]

I'm not usually a fan of figures being put on games either. This is really a nice exception though. It not being jointed, along with it having the right costume and look really makes it seem like it was meant to be in the game. Nice find and it looks like you did a great job with the mounting.

#2863 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Looks great! How did you go about mounting it? Velcro?

#2864 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Looks great! How did you go about mounting it? Velcro?

Went down to the Tru-Value hardware store and picked up threaded screw. Drilled hole through Plexi, and screwed into the drilled out figure. Took 10 minutes.

#2865 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They do no leave the black ball trails like the stern rubbers.
Super bands suck but last forever.
Titans are a good middle ground even though they tend to break sooner than good regular rubber and really break down quick in certain applications like noted here.

Curious chuck, why do you hate superbands? I love them. I get great control with them. Not too much bounce either. Thoughts?

#2866 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Wow, that's a really well done, tasteful mod. Matches the ramp perfectly.

Besides every game needs a hot little blonde

#2867 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Curious chuck, why do you hate superbands? I love them. I get great control with them. Not too much bounce either. Thoughts?

Super bands make nice rubbers that are super durable. Great for locations. Go with what you like. Some say they are to bouncy.

#2868 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I get great control with them.

Too easy to trap up and they don’t dead bounce well. Oh and you need the hulk to put them on flippers.

#2869 3 years ago

Got mine today. Some minor things...
-Widow ramp rejects of the top sometimes
-Hulk spinner wasnt registering
-Portal disc is very uneven
-the guide fron the tower to the upper flipper was WAY off. Ive moved it to what seems better but still not quite right

Other than these smaller things, everything seems ok so far. Ive got a production date of Oct 28 and the newer subway.

The disc realignment seems like the biggest hassle. Clearly my game wasnt play tested if the Hulk spinner wasnt registering at all.
Oh, and ive already had a ball get stuck behind the left pop.

20201113_170608 (resized).jpg20201113_170608 (resized).jpgreceived_1157293291352950 (resized).jpegreceived_1157293291352950 (resized).jpegreceived_1814233275394668 (resized).jpegreceived_1814233275394668 (resized).jpegreceived_654737048528128 (resized).jpegreceived_654737048528128 (resized).jpeg
#2870 3 years ago

Well that was fast. One more thing to do.

20201113_195349 (resized).jpg20201113_195349 (resized).jpg20201113_195535 (resized).jpg20201113_195535 (resized).jpg
#2871 3 years ago

I'd like to see flipper presses do lane changes to move lighted letters for I R O N .

#2872 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I'd like to see flipper presses do lane changes to move lighted letters for I R O N .

I like the fact you’ve got to hit the disc to move the letters (probably feel different if I’d played the game) it’s a different rule and hasn’t been done before I think. Why have it the same as every other game?

#2873 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

It will never happen. Best get used to it.

#2874 3 years ago

So my pro just got delivered today! Everything's great, it plays fantastic, I just have one gripe-- when I shoot up the stark tower to begin the gem quests, when the ball drops from the tower it comes down with enough force to fit through between the up post and the sanctum plastic. Has anyone else encountered this? If so, what were your fixes?

#2875 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Got mine today. Some minor things...
-Widow ramp rejects of the top sometimes
-Hulk spinner wasnt registering
-Portal disc is very uneven
-the guide fron the tower to the upper flipper was WAY off. Ive moved it to what seems better but still not quite right
Other than these smaller things, everything seems ok so far. Ive got a production date of Oct 28 and the newer subway.
The disc realignment seems like the biggest hassle. Clearly my game wasnt play tested if the Hulk spinner wasnt registering at all.
Oh, and ive already had a ball get stuck behind the left pop.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My second game played I had the ball get stuck behind the left pop happen... hasn't happened since in 160+.

My Premium has had ZERO quality related issues. As with any mechanical device, that can be a roll of the dice, so I consider myself lucky!

#2876 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Too easy to trap up and they don’t dead bounce well. Oh and you need the hulk to put them on flippers.

I find my super bands dead bounce fine, just need to work them in a bit.

As for putting them on, warm them in your hands and give a little prestretch and you should be ok.

Now, the mini flippers (like on maiden), that's Hulk territory.

#2877 3 years ago

Duplicate post

#2878 3 years ago

Got my premium today, and didn't seem to have any of the issues I've seen earlier. I did notice one thing this afternoon though-I'll occasionally get phantom disc movement. I noticed it while the ball was in the subway-it was registering points constantly, and I noticed the IRON letters cycling. I went into test, and there are a few positions where even while completely stationary (with no vibration on the playfield) the disc is registering movement. I captured some video here:

and you can see the angle/RPM changing.

I didn't see anything in the manual about how this should be adjusted-is there supposed to be a gap between the bottom of the shaft and the magnetic angle sensor? Might try adjusting those closer. I'd figure that some movement is bound to happen at certain angles anyway (because physics), but to have it actually trigger things like the inlanes to cycle when not visibly moving seems like the threshold for registering a change in the disc position is too tight in the code, since the angle is only changing by a single degree. Anyone else seen this on their game?

#2879 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I find my super bands dead bounce fine, just need to work them in a bit.
As for putting them on, warm them in your hands and give a little prestretch and you should be ok.
Now, the mini flippers (like on maiden), that's Hulk territory.

Or just skip all that and use something else.

#2880 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I like the fact you’ve got to hit the disc to move the letters (probably feel different if I’d played the game) it’s a different rule and hasn’t been done before I think. Why have it the same as every other game?

I like this feature as well. Every game these days seems to have lane changing and it’s refreshing to not have to pay attention to it. If my R is unlit I know I can nail the centre ramp and boom. Same thing for the O and the black panther shot.

Made it to BOM today for the first time. I also had a soul gem quest where I was trapped up on the right flipper with one flip left and 7/8 shots made....

#2881 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or just skip all that and use something else.

I like the pretty colours.

#2882 3 years ago

My game did not have a rubber on this post. I ended up putting a blue one on. Do other machines come with no rubber on this post?? Thanks everyone.

0579794B-DF77-4889-8471-EC49DD6A18A8 (resized).jpeg0579794B-DF77-4889-8471-EC49DD6A18A8 (resized).jpeg
#2883 3 years ago

Also, are people still changing out coil stops with all new stern machines right when you get them? Thanks for any input.

#2884 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

My game did not have a rubber on this post. I ended up putting a blue one on. Do other machines come with no rubber on this post?? Thanks everyone.
[quoted image]

Omg ..... this again....... it's like the phone call you get from the same number everyday and the exact same time

#2885 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Omg ..... this again....... it's like the phone call you get from the same number everyday and the exact same time

Sorry man. I don’t have time to read through this incredibly long thread. In the time you spent writing your response, you could have easily just given me a cordial answer. Some folks are just cranky these days.

#2886 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

[quoted image]

There’s no rubber on this post, no machines have it. I even checked the operations manual to double check that it wasn’t missing. There’s no rubber listed here, I would take it off.

#2887 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

There’s no rubber on this post, no machines have it. I even checked the operations manual to double check that it wasn’t missing. There’s no rubber listed here, I would take it off.

Thank you so much for your reply. Much appreciated!!!

#2888 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Got my premium today, and didn't seem to have any of the issues I've seen earlier. I did notice one thing this afternoon though-I'll occasionally get phantom disc movement. I noticed it while the ball was in the subway-it was registering points constantly, and I noticed the IRON letters cycling. I went into test, and there are a few positions where even while completely stationary (with no vibration on the playfield) the disc is registering movement. I captured some video here: and you can see the angle/RPM changing.
I didn't see anything in the manual about how this should be adjusted-is there supposed to be a gap between the bottom of the shaft and the magnetic angle sensor? Might try adjusting those closer. I'd figure that some movement is bound to happen at certain angles anyway (because physics), but to have it actually trigger things like the inlanes to cycle when not visibly moving seems like the threshold for registering a change in the disc position is too tight in the code, since the angle is only changing by a single degree. Anyone else seen this on their game?

Spinning Disc Adjustment Points and Procedure - Click on the pdf - it's multiple pages

Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdfSpinning Disc Adjustment.pdf
#2889 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

It just takes getting used to. I like that Keith's trying different things. Next up? More complicated subway with diverter functionality. Drag Stern into B/W subways.

#2890 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Next up? More complicated subway with diverter functionality. Drag Stern into B/W subways.

Please god no.

#2891 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

[quoted image]

Not supposed to have a rubber on it.

#2892 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Please god no.

Oh, yes, Yes, YESSSSSSS! Hahahahahahahahahaaaa...

Think of them as under playfield ramps if you must.

#2893 3 years ago

Never understood the fascination with having a ball do things the player can't see.

#2894 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Never understood the fascination with having a ball do things the player can't see.

So ball troughs are inscrutable to you?

#2895 3 years ago
Quoted from SpectreJ:

So my pro just got delivered today! Everything's great, it plays fantastic, I just have one gripe-- when I shoot up the stark tower to begin the gem quests, when the ball drops from the tower it comes down with enough force to fit through between the up post and the sanctum plastic. Has anyone else encountered this? If so, what were your fixes?

Sounds like you’re running really old code, you shouldn’t be able to start modes at Stark Tower anymore for this exact reason

#2896 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

It would be nice if it were an option in the menu to make the lane change function conventional. It's pretty tough to light all letters of IRON. The disc changing the position is different, but I think that leans more toward really good players completing it or just being lucky to get it done if your skills aren't great. I find the disc changing the letters to be fairly tough. I'd like to see IRON completed more when I play.

I did go in and set IRON to Easy setting and it helped a little, but not much. Maybe an Extra Easy setting for chumps like me. I'd like to see that anyway, if an option for conventional lane change can't be coded in as an option. I don't play as good as Chuckwurt and some others.

#2897 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It will never happen. Best get used to it.

I should eat Cauliflower too, but I'll never get used to that either.

#2898 3 years ago

I am really liking my game. Got my Pro Thursday afternoon. Very nice game.

Shout out to the delivery driver. Covid put a bunch of drivers out for the company that delivered my game. They called a guy who was retired for over a year at 7 am Thursday morning... He reported in a short time later and ran the load which included my game. Thanks Retired Delivery Guy !

Very admirable for a guy retired over a year to answer the call and drive for the carrier at a moments notice.

#2899 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I should eat Cauliflower too, but I'll never get used to that either.

Gotta get that fixed! Cauliflower is amazing.

Iron lanes are hard, but I welcome the change. Lane change has been an afterthought for too long.

#2900 3 years ago

I gotcha Chuck - I just think something in the code where you could adjust settings to make it a bit easier for lesser players would be good. I want to see Ironman more often.

You are not talking me in to cauliflower though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Trade
8,924 (OBO)
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
$ 300.00
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 12,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/58?hl=steele67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.