04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 255.
#2801 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

We lifted the pf and discovered that the white plastic piece that actuates the eos switch was impeded by one of the mounting screws so that the plunger link was not against the bracket when at rest (see pic). Has anyone else seen this?

Yup. Not the best design. You can shave a little plastic off and/or rotate the actuator arm away from the playfield a bit.

#2802 3 years ago

Thanks Yancy. I was considering a trying to find a different screw, one with a flatter head. I don’t know what you mean in your second suggestion though.

#2803 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I don’t know what you mean in your second suggestion though.

It's hard to explain, kinda subtle. Loosen the allen screw on the pawl just enough to rotate the actuator arm. Pull the leading edge of the white plastic away from the playfield. Doesn't take much to clear the screw head. This makes the trailing edge even lower, but usually it doesn't travel far enough to hit the screw head there. Actuator will no longer be parallel to the playfield, but it doesn't matter as long as it hits the EOS switch.

#2804 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Can you use the service outlet?

then it will always be on, even when the machine is turned off.

#2805 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

It's hard to explain, kinda subtle. Loosen the allen screw on the pawl just enough to rotate the actuator arm. Pull the leading edge of the white plastic away from the playfield. Doesn't take much to clear the screw head. This makes the trailing edge even lower, but usually it doesn't travel far enough to hit the screw head there. Actuator will no longer be parallel to the playfield, but it doesn't matter as long as it hits the EOS switch.

Thanks again, you’ve explained well!

#2806 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

then it will always be on, even when the machine is turned off.

I use a power strip plugged in here with a 12v relay connected to coin door that turns power strip (plugged into service outlet) on and off with machine.

#2807 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

I use a power strip plugged in here with a 12v relay connected to coin door that turns power strip (plugged into service outlet) on and off with machine.

More specifically, I used the 12v power supply from board near the door that was for a bill validator (don't remember connector ID # off hand).

#2808 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I joined the club on Tuesday! My first NIB. Build date is October 29.
I’ve been stalking this thread since putting down my deposit in early September. Thanks to all who have posted their experiences here, it really helped me get through the process and be ready for the unboxing!
First off, I am thrilled with this purchase and am still in the early honeymoon phase, so take the rest with a grain of salt or two...
It wasn’t perfect out of the box, and there was one issue in particular that puzzles me; I’d be grateful for views. Upon starting our first game, it was apparent the lower left flipper had less travel than the right. At rest all was good, but when flipped the left bat only went up about 3/4 of the way (ie much flatter than the right). We lifted the pf and discovered that the white plastic piece that actuates the eos switch was impeded by one of the mounting screws so that the plunger link was not against the bracket when at rest (see pic). Has anyone else seen this? We took out the mounting screw for now....works fine. Oh, the right flipper also got loose right away and needed to be adjusted and tightened. I think my flippers were installed by a Stern trainee .
The rest...
Upon inspection, before playing a game, we noticed tiny shiny metal shavings in the left outline area....looks to be coming from the return wire form that is quite rough above that area(hard to capture in a pic).
My disc is slightly off kilter but not enough to try adjusting it before I change the rubbers and wax, etc. I hate to say it but that disc is going to take a beating and is already showing signs of wear.
I needed to adjust the hulk spinner. It was only registering about 4 spins per rip....easy adjustment to bend the switch actuator leaf so that the spinner crank pushed it down more each revolution.
My glass is nicely snug. It stays in place with the lockbar off but slides out with just a bit of tugging.
I have a feeling I will be going through upper flipper rings like crazy. The tip take ALOT of direct hits (I know...play better!). I’ve got Titans ready to go (purple and translucent, not sure yet which I’ll install, I hope I don’t regret not getting blue!).
Only one stuck ball so far but a good shake knocked it loose. No ball drops from the crossover return. The CM ramp takes a strong and accurate shot to make it but the payoff is delightful, I love seeing that ball whip around the loop! The subway has worked 100% flawlessly so far. It has the slot cut right up to the vuk entrance, so I think it is the 2nd generation design. I collected my first soul gem before finally going to bed on Tuesday .
If you made it this far, sorry for the long post![quoted image][quoted image]

Mine, too, had an issue with one of the flippers. My lower left flipper was getting caught on the EOS switch below the playfield, causing it to stay in the active position. I didn’t appear to be able to shift the switch back at all, but loosening the screws that held it down (which also holds down a plate holding a spring) seemed to provide enough clearance for it to swing freely. Hoping this doesn’t cause an issue with things being somewhat loose and jiggle-able, though!

F2EFBBED-3693-44AB-BD79-839F4895CB35 (resized).jpegF2EFBBED-3693-44AB-BD79-839F4895CB35 (resized).jpeg
#2809 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Tip of that flipper gets whacked a lot from
Shots off the right flipper .

We may all have to try pressing the left flipper button when going for a Hulk shot to allow more room... kind of like going for the Camera shot on Twilight Zone.

#2810 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

We may all have to try pressing the left flipper button when going for a Hulk shot to allow more room... kind of like going for the Camera shot on Twilight Zone.

It’s also worth checking your upper flipper is inline with the flipper marker, mine out of the box was inline with the artwork of the hulk orbit which looked right visually but made the orbit a lot tighter.

Putting my flipper in the correct place inline with the flipper marker made a night and day difference I think from a Gamma Ray Spinner champ of 7mil to 33mil.

#2811 3 years ago

So I’m contemplating aiq for those that own a premium/Le where does it sit within your collection? For example my current 1-7 is
TWDLE (always will be the king)
Tmnt Le
WH2O
Deadpool premium
Xmen magneto
Iron man
WOZ
I have room for 8 and the above list is bordering on 7 keepers!

#2812 3 years ago

i have TMNT LE, WONKA, SW Comic Premium, and Avengers Premium, JP Premium coming this weekend. I also owned Deadpool premium for a year and a half. TMNT LE is my least favorite of the bunch and Im selling it soon.(still a good game but it hasnt clicked with me). Avengers is truly awesome and the code isnt done. The shots are awesome. Id say its at the top of my list but were still in the honeymoon stage. I really love my wonka as well. Id say Avengers might end up in the top 2-3 for you. The shots are more interesting than deadpool which is saying a lot, but deadpool callouts are hard to beat!

#2813 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

So I’m contemplating aiq for those that own a premium/Le where does it sit within your collection? For example my current 1-7 is
Tmnt Le
WH2O
Deadpool premium
Xmen magneto
Iron man
WOZ

XMEN Magneto is the weak point in that collection.

#2814 3 years ago

Tmnt Le
WH2O
Deadpool premium
Xmen magneto
Iron man
WOZ

You need an Elwin game. 2yrs later and Maiden pro is easily my favourite game. Avengers premium will be set up tomorrow evening. We'll see where it stands in a few months. JP is also stellar butni need to save my money just incase there is an Elwin BTTF in the works.

#2815 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You need an Elwin game. 2yrs later and Maiden pro is easily my favourite game. Avengers premium will be set up tomorrow evening. We'll see where it stands in a few months. JP is also stellar butni need to save my money just incase there is an Elwin BTTF in the works.

what does BTTF stand for?

#2816 3 years ago

Back To The Future

#2817 3 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

Odd question for the group, I want to power an LED strip for a homemade topper, I know I can feed off a GI bulb but would prefer something in the back box. Any suggestions?

Connection CN6 on the power distribution board (in the backbox) is +12v and unused from the factory. It powers on and off when the game is powered on and off.

#2818 3 years ago

I’m getting a lot of rejects off the top plastic on the Black Widow ramp. Anybody have this happening? Any suggestions?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2819 3 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

I haven't seen anything yet. Feel free to email direct if you don't hear from us. [email protected]

Another titan regular flipper demolition. I was reading these posts today thinking "man, I'm glad mine isn't doing that" then went home to find this when I looked for it I'll send a direct email then Titan_Pinball

20201112_173213 (resized).jpg20201112_173213 (resized).jpg20201112_174614 (resized).jpg20201112_174614 (resized).jpg
#2820 3 years ago

Does nobody use prefect play rubbers from pinball life? I've never had any issues with them, do ppl not like the compound or something?

#2821 3 years ago
Quoted from Maverick203b:

I’m getting a lot of rejects off the top plastic on the Black Widow ramp. Anybody have this happening? Any suggestions?
[quoted image]

Is it connected? On mine the left screw had fallen off completely and the right screw holding the plastic down was almost completely unscrewed. The plastic was kind of flopping when the ball went up.

#2822 3 years ago

Yikes! That flipper tip must really take a beating. If you haven't seen it already, here are a couple tips for flipper rubber and slings:

When installing flipper rubber you should always "unload" the tip. This means after the rubber is on the flipper bat, pinch the rubber and push it towards the tip of the flipper bat to slack the tip of the rubber as much as possible. Stretch it towards the tip until you see a visible gap between the tip of the flipper bat and the rubber. It will also help to rotate all of the rings once a month or so depending on the playing time.

The same method can be applied to slingshot rubber as well. I pre-stretch a little bit, then put the rubber on the sling posts and then pull 2 different sides at a time, repeatedly. The object would be to make the tension across the three posts as even as possible. Also, check the post groove for sharp corners. Star posts and metal posts can have sharp edges to the grooves that cut the “skin” of the silicone ring, and then they fail.

If anyone else has ordered Titan Silicone rubber for this game and is experiencing any issues, please don't hesitate to email us at [email protected].

Thanks,
Eric

#2823 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Does nobody use prefect play rubbers from pinball life? I've never had any issues with them, do ppl not like the compound or something?

Does nobody use the black rubber Stern installs at the factory? Not seeing any wear on our factory flipper rubber after a couple hundred plays...

#2824 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

Another titan regular flipper demolition.

I've had to replace mine 3 times now, I hate to do it but I'm gonna throw a superband on the upper flipper.
they don't feel great, but can put up with a lot of punishment.

#2825 3 years ago

Just got my pro delivered today, from Jason at Classic Game Rooms. Just wanted to give him a shout out for an amazingly fast delivery.

Handful of games in, without code update and the spinner wasn’t registering movement. Simply unplug and replug on the connectors fixed it. I know a lot of folks have posted more serious issues, questioning QA. Just wanted to post a positive, as I see this as a simple shipping dislodgement of the connector.

Love this thing. My pre-teen son is a huge fan as well. I just hope they revisit call-outs a bit. Thanos sounds like the hulk in some cases(tilt warnings). Wouldn’t mind some more insults as well!!!!

Code just updated... guess I better see the difference.

#2826 3 years ago

Well, after the code update, same issue with the spinner not seeing movement. Red led Flashing 3 times underneath when I lifted the pf. Not registering movement in the strange disc test. Unplugged and replugged again and got a steady blink, registering spin and working during play.

Strange...

A1B03F7D-9EDB-473F-AD79-1AF67073098D (resized).jpegA1B03F7D-9EDB-473F-AD79-1AF67073098D (resized).jpeg
#2827 3 years ago

So after an hour of weird, intermittent response from the strange spinner, and confirming the connectors were solid, I loosened the nut to bring the sensor just a shade closer. Seemed to be working after 5 games. Hoping that I’m done...

544784EC-B68D-4E60-9343-5A56C36B09F5 (resized).jpeg544784EC-B68D-4E60-9343-5A56C36B09F5 (resized).jpeg
#2828 3 years ago

Tmnt Le
WH2O
Deadpool premium
Xmen magneto
Iron man
WOZ

You’ve got 7 with room for 8, definitely get an AIQ to fill up your final spot.

The theme is a huge win for me and my family but ignoring the theme it’s the shots and combo possibilities that truly make this game shine and when you start to combo and link all those shots together this game goes to another level.

Code is only .93 but is already great, if you like TWD code you will love the structure to AIQ, tonnes of depth and so many different ways to play it and approach the game.

No.1 game in my collection hands down.

#2829 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I use them and have zero complaints.

#2830 3 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Yikes! That flipper tip must really take a beating. If you haven't seen it already, here are a couple tips for flipper rubber and slings:
When installing flipper rubber you should always "unload" the tip. This means after the rubber is on the flipper bat, pinch the rubber and push it towards the tip of the flipper bat to slack the tip of the rubber as much as possible. Stretch it towards the tip until you see a visible gap between the tip of the flipper bat and the rubber. It will also help to rotate all of the rings once a month or so depending on the playing time.
The same method can be applied to slingshot rubber as well. I pre-stretch a little bit, then put the rubber on the sling posts and then pull 2 different sides at a time, repeatedly. The object would be to make the tension across the three posts as even as possible. Also, check the post groove for sharp corners. Star posts and metal posts can have sharp edges to the grooves that cut the “skin” of the silicone ring, and then they fail.
If anyone else has ordered Titan Silicone rubber for this game and is experiencing any issues, please don't hesitate to email us at [email protected].
Thanks,
Eric

Is it too late to chuck another purple flipper ring in my order?
Checking, checking...
Yes, yes it is. I got the tracking order yesterday.

#2831 3 years ago

My distributor: Our delivery team will call you next week to set up a delivery time.

Me: Is it already there if i can arrange to pick it up this week?

My distributor: Yes

I had a hard time finding a rental last minute but im picking up a van in 2hrs. Today is the day!!!!

#2832 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Does nobody use the black rubber Stern installs at the factory? Not seeing any wear on our factory flipper rubber after a couple hundred plays...

Quoted from tktlwyr:

I use them and have zero complaints.

I take the black rubbers off my new pins before I play a single ball. Reason: the black rubber is the source for all the black ball trails that appear on a playfield over time. None of my pins have any signs of those ball trails after applying Titan rings.

#2833 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I do, zero issues so far.

I thought i was the only one who didn't immediately load the game up with mods and change all the rubbers.

#2834 3 years ago

I change the rubbers too because I hate cleaning the game all the time. I would definitely leave the upper flipper as regular rubber though in this case.

#2835 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I take the black rubbers off my new pins before I play a single ball. Reason: the black rubber is the source for all the black ball trails that appear on a playfield over time. None of my pins have any signs of those ball trails after applying Titan rings.

This, 100%. The factory black rubber from stern sheds black dust, and leaves smudges on the balls. Furthermore, take a stock modern era Stern post sleeve off, and squeeze it. They're hard as a damn rock. When a ball hits it, that kinetic energy has nowhere to go but into the post/playfield. Aftermarket post sleeves like Titan absorb some of that energy since they are pliable.

#2836 3 years ago

I always leave the posts. The flippers and slings do the most when spreading that rubber around.

#2837 3 years ago

Yeah I replaced my upper flipper titan with the factory rubber. Titans everywhere else holding up fine, just those direct shots I guess are brutal to this one.

#2838 3 years ago
Quoted from Maverick203b:

[quoted image]

Raise it up a bit with a washer under the plastic at the posts.

#2839 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I thought i was the only one who didn't immediately load the game up with mods and change all the rubbers.

If it ain’t broke, leave it alone and play the game

#2840 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Not just you, I’m in the no mods club too, working on my own Mjolnir and flasher set up as Thor multiball is a little lacking on lightshow, but other than that I’ve just played the hell out of it and protected the playfield from the Ant-Man rail. Upper flipper rubber is still perfect!

#2841 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’m in the no mods club too, working on my own Mjolnir and flasher set up

#2842 3 years ago

No mods in the game yet so still in the club, bite me yancy! You ain’t having my membership card until I mod the game.

#2843 3 years ago

Anyone else having issues with the Strange spinner not recognizing movement? After adjusting (see post #2827), it worked fine for that session, when I booted her up this morning, same issue: no advancing of strange during multiple spins.

I've learned that the red LED for the sensor board, blinking 3 times indicates some kind of error. A regular on/off LED indicates (I think that all is well.)

I'm at the point now, where simply by opening the coin door, disabling the power safety, seeing the 'on/off' of the board, close door - seems to correct the problem (in the middle of a game.) So I'm not even touching the PF.

#2844 3 years ago

I'm not against mods, just thought I was in the minority not loading it up day 1.

#2845 3 years ago

I had my Titan order ready to go when the game arrived, but I got a little intimidated by seeing just how much I'd have to take apart for some of the slings, so I held off. So far the black poopy trails are pretty minimal, and I don't mind wiping the game down each week.

I had no trouble taking the plastic Guardians ramps apart, for instance, but the way these metal rails bend and twist, and seeing it be so easy to get rejects and fall-offs if things aren't perfect, I'm holding off until I really need to.

#2846 3 years ago

Are others seeing delays in the Premiums? I keep getting told “one more week.” Have the issues with the subway set back manufacturing that much?

#2847 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I change the rubbers too because I hate cleaning the game all the time. I would definitely leave the upper flipper as regular rubber though in this case.

Do the other types of flipper rubber not disintegrate, or are they just disintegrating into harder-to-see bits?

Those glossy urethane Superband rings look good and don't ever seem to break down, but I don't like the way they play. I still have a set on my SC because that game seems to eat flipper rubber for lunch, but that's it.

#2848 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Do the other types of flipper rubber not disintegrate, or are they just disintegrating into harder-to-see bits?

They do no leave the black ball trails like the stern rubbers.

Super bands suck but last forever.

Titans are a good middle ground even though they tend to break sooner than good regular rubber and really break down quick in certain applications like noted here.

#2849 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They do no leave the black ball trails like the stern rubbers.
Super bands suck but last forever.
Titans are a good middle ground even though they tend to break sooner than good regular rubber and really break down quick in certain applications like noted here.

Any time with perfect play chuck? I’m curious how they compare but won’t be buying any rubbers until this stupid 25% tariff disappears.

#2850 3 years ago

Never tried them. Never been disappointed with Titan to try anything else.

I did see some GNR owners note that the perfect plays on their games were wearing faster than the Titans. I guess JJP uses like 3 different companies for rubbers/silicones in their games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

7,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 12,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.