04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 255.
#2651 3 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

What is your games "born on" date?

IMG_0044 (resized).jpgIMG_0044 (resized).jpg
#2652 3 years ago

Am I just extremely late noticing that the system menu color on avengers changes (seemingly randomly) each time you go into it? Has this been discussed?

#2653 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Am I just extremely late noticing that the system menu color on avengers changes (seemingly randomly) each time you go into it? Has this been discussed?

I noticed this the first couple of times I jumped into the menus. Didn’t bring it up figured it was something brought in by the last few games.

#2654 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I'm pretty sure the harness was made incorrectly... They were plugged in and the wires matched each other by color, so now that I have reversed them (making the game function properly) the wires don't match anymore.
I did swap the wire labels though, for future testing purposes if ever there's another issue.

Sounds like they were plugged in incorrectly at the board then if the wire colors were correct?

#2655 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

[quoted image]

I'm three weeks after your date. I'll see if I have the same problem after I update.

#2656 3 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

What is your games "born on" date?

Pretty sure it's Oct 6. I am not home right now, but that's what I recall

#2657 3 years ago

Mine is Sept 26th and i don't think i have that issue.

#2658 3 years ago

These will be in the Pinmonk.com and pinside pinmonk store later tonight once I finish taking pictures of the actual brackets.

For the Pro/Prem/LE lighting is done for the I-R-O-N inserts and matching arc reactor insert by the tower to make them more suggestive of electric blue light.
I-R-O-N Before and After_sml (resized).jpgI-R-O-N Before and After_sml (resized).jpgArc_Reactor_Insert_sml (resized).jpgArc_Reactor_Insert_sml (resized).jpg

Also, for the PRO ONLY - the T-H-O-R light set is done for the stand up sign and the two inserts in front of the captive ball. The triangular insert is already kind of smoked, so the blue filter just enhances the blue cast. The multiball circular insert below the triangle has a blue filter on it, but the effect is very subtle so it stands out and there's not too much blue in that area of the playfield.
THOR_SIGN_Before_After_sml (resized).jpgTHOR_SIGN_Before_After_sml (resized).jpgTHOR-Playfield_inserts_sml (resized).jpgTHOR-Playfield_inserts_sml (resized).jpg

#2659 3 years ago

Got my AIQ Premium Wednesday afternoon, build date 10/28/2020. Finally got around and setting it up this weekend, including the new side art variation from TiltGraphics without the characters on it. I originally purchased the side art with the characters on it, however upon receipt they just didn't look right, in particular Scarlett Witch. Asked Tiltgraphics if they could make this art without the characters and they said they could, and here is the result. Looks fantastic, blends in with the playfield and plastics art perfectly. Looks even better than the Stern side art IMO.

Only issue my pin has had so far is the return wireform to the right inlane that feeds from the shooter/orbit is bent upward at the bottom, and a slow roller or bounce back will get caught on the ramp. Going to have to uninstall it and bend it straight. Also checked out the subway and mech, and they have changed the subway plastic so that the channel goes all the way to the VUK now, eliminating the hangup point.

Just waiting on the Stark Tower from Mezel and the Thanos from Modalorian. Hope that Mezel will also make a Pym Building for over the VUK area......

5894E443-E274-416F-9D28-7F0EB82B7C3B.jpeg5894E443-E274-416F-9D28-7F0EB82B7C3B.jpegA0835CCD-2CBF-4682-A5B3-834C394DA172.jpegA0835CCD-2CBF-4682-A5B3-834C394DA172.jpegC99955CC-D16A-4C55-A72D-D0861C8D21E4.jpegC99955CC-D16A-4C55-A72D-D0861C8D21E4.jpeg
#2660 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Got my AIQ Premium Wednesday afternoon, build date 10/28/2020. Finally got around and setting it up this weekend, including the new side art variation from TiltGraphics without the characters on it. I originally purchased the side art with the characters on it, however upon receipt they just didn't look right, in particular Scarlett Witch. Asked Tiltgraphics if they could make this art without the characters and they said they could, and here is the result. Looks fantastic, blends in with the playfield and plastics art perfectly. Looks even better than the Stern side art IMO.
Only issue my pin has had so far is the return wireform to the right inlane that feeds from the shooter/orbit is bent upward at the bottom, and a slow roller or bounce back will get caught on the ramp. Going to have to uninstall it and bend it straight. Also checked out the subway and mech, and they have changed the subway plastic so that the channel goes all the way to the VUK now, eliminating the hangup point.
Just waiting on the Stark Tower from Mezel and the Thanos from Modalorian. Hope that Mezel will also make a Pym Building for over the VUK area......
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I ordered my Tower on 10/31..... asked for 2 day shipping also..... still haven't received. It must be all those Mail-in ballots

#2661 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

Any way you could send us some pics of the updated Subway mech? I asked my distributor for one a while back and haven’t heard anything yet... would help to have some pictures. I still have the issue of the ball getting stuck after the last finger of the subway.

#2662 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mine is Sept 26th and i don't think i have that issue.

Hate to say it but betting you will. No worries though ... sounds like Stern has created a more robust replacement

#2663 3 years ago

Added some mods to my game!

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 10.04.20 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-08 at 10.04.20 PM (resized).png
#2664 3 years ago
Quoted from TheModalorian:

[quoted image]

Actually digging those figures on the right. Looks great.

#2665 3 years ago
Quoted from TheModalorian:

[quoted image]

Oh yay. The action figures have already started.

#2666 3 years ago

Whosoever holds this hammer, if they be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.

Mjolnir going in for a test fit and LED test.

CE62FCCE-95D9-4F9B-AD95-DFFAB490BC05 (resized).jpegCE62FCCE-95D9-4F9B-AD95-DFFAB490BC05 (resized).jpegF22AE3D4-1358-405C-A8A9-47343983C263 (resized).jpegF22AE3D4-1358-405C-A8A9-47343983C263 (resized).jpeg
#2667 3 years ago

Is pro good enough on this one (eg Iron Maiden) or premium needed (eg Ghostbusters)?

#2668 3 years ago

Pro is awesome on this.

#2669 3 years ago

I've switched gears and I now think the Pro is awesome on every Stern as they generally play smoother and faster. If people like the Premium/LE that is great and I generally like the extra features but they don't always work well and usually slow down the game. It seems there's always a tradeoff, like on NST you get the awful TK lock but the cool projector.

#2670 3 years ago

Yeah I typically go pro then if I fall in love with the game and it’s a keeper maybe get the premium later to switch it up. That’s what I did for GOT.

If it’s a dream theme I cannot resist (STH), then I might go all in on it. I doubt I ever do that again though. Not many themes are that great for me that I can’t wait and just go pro.

#2671 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I typically go pro then if I fall in love with the game and it’s a keeper maybe get the premium later to switch it up. That’s what I did for GOT.
If it’s a dream theme I cannot resist (STH), then I might go all in on it. I doubt I ever do that again though. Not many themes are that great for me that I can’t wait and just go pro.

Solid advice for anyone. The only Premium I can't resist is DP because I love that Disco Loop.

#2672 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Solid advice for anyone. The only Premium I can't resist is DP because I love that Disco Loop.

Deadpool premium was way worth it and I wouldnt ever want to settle for the pro there.(its still a great game) Tho i tend to go premium. Turtles i kind of regret my LE purchase as the pro seems great on that one. Avengers im very happy with my premium. I think i would miss the marvel ramp and tower lock

#2673 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Deadpool premium was way worth it and I wouldnt ever want to settle for the pro there.(its still a great game) Tho i tend to go premium. Turtles i kind of regret my LE purchase as the pro seems great on that one. Avengers im very happy with my premium. I think i would miss the marvel ramp and tower lock

Lower lock is in the pro. You mean portal lock i think.

#2674 3 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Is pro good enough on this one (eg Iron Maiden) or premium needed (eg Ghostbusters)?

The pro is great, however for me personally I couldn’t live without the Marvel ramp it’s just too cool.

It would be like taking the warp ramp out of Star Trek or the Katana Shot out of deadpool, it’s one of those shots that just makes you smile every single time.

#2675 3 years ago

I think both are winners on this game, because the layout in general is fantastic!

#2676 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The pro is great, however for me personally I couldn’t live without the Marvel ramp it’s just too cool.
It would be like taking the warp ramp out of Star Trek or the Katana Shot out of deadpool, it’s one of those shots that just makes you smile every single time.

It's great to have options as I wouldn't mind the Marvel ramp but I actively don't want the subway.

#2677 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It's great to have options as I wouldn't mind the Marvel ramp but I actively don't want the subway.

Yeah I could live without the subway, now mines working properly it is a nice feature but wouldn’t miss it. I like the VUK gives me a little time to plan my next move. Marvel ramp on the other hand is a pure joy to shoot i would miss that but the pro is no slouch Elwin like Borg knows how to make killer Pro’s.

#2678 3 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I played both the pro and the premium and I felt that the Pro was lacking. The portal lock and Captain Marvel ramp were enough of a difference that I felt the upgrade to premium was necessary. I also love the Pym labs scoop, it adds a little breather for me and feeds directly to the right flipper which is nice.

This isn't like TMNT were the was basically no difference in game play. There are things in the premium/LE that have that "wow" factor. Whenever I have guests over they abosutley are amazed with the Captain Marvel ramp and love the idea of the underground subway.

This game is definitely a winner and you can't go wrong with any of the models. Just my 2 cents.

#2679 3 years ago

Topper is gonna be $649 better than turtles but it doesn't even do anything just LEDs and plastic, sad.

#2680 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Topper is gonna be $649 better than turtles but it doesn't even do anything just LEDs and plastic, sad.

Confirmed price? Guessed it would just be static plastics and LEDs from looking at it when I first saw it on the accessories trailer, but from the look of it was hoping the gems would light up when you get them.

If it did that I might be suckered into buying one, plus with all the avengers on it above thanos on the Prem/LE translite will look great!

#2681 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Confirmed price? Guessed it would just be static plastics and LEDs from looking at it when I first saw it on the accessories trailer, but from the look of it was hoping the gems would light up when you get them.
If it did that I might be suckered into buying one, plus with all the avengers on it above thanos on the Prem/LE translite will look great!

Yes thats the price, I think and could be wrong that the gems light up when you get them and the avengers light up when you collect them.

Id like to see it under $500 to be honest they would still make a profit but not be a total rip, probably sell a lot more.

#2682 3 years ago

Have you ever bought a NIB pinball machine, and they schedule the delivery for sometime between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. on a Friday? And then at 6 p.m. on Friday they call you and tell you they weren't able to get to it and it will be delivered on Monday instead?

This has been the longest weekend EVER!!!!!

I WILL play Avengers Premium today... if I just keep saying it out loud, it will happen...

#2683 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

Have you ever bought a NIB pinball machine, and they schedule the delivery for sometime between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. on a Friday? And then at 6 p.m. on Friday they call you and tell you they weren't able to get to it and it will be delivered on Monday instead?
I WILL play Avengers Premium today... if I just keep saying it out loud, it will happen...

If I ever had a time Frame like that I just go to their terminal and pick it up myself.

#2684 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

If I ever had a time Frame like that I just go to their terminal and pick it up myself.

I have a truck but no canopy, and it's been raining on and off a lot here in Seattle... I know with my luck I'd manage to start down the road and a full-on downpour would hit. It'd be just like that CCR song.

#2685 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

Yes, they never loaded it in my case, guy at the terminal said he would load it in his truck and bring it but I said no worries just bring it next week. Was kinda annoying though since I had arranged to work from home to get it. Of course now thats pretty normal hahaha.

#2686 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

same thing happened to me. Painful wait but worth it

#2687 3 years ago

Anyone managed to get action button champion? Is it coded?

E32A0ACF-2577-477D-8BEA-26E31CA1A4E5 (resized).jpegE32A0ACF-2577-477D-8BEA-26E31CA1A4E5 (resized).jpeg
#2688 3 years ago

I've been getting random airballs off the Guantlet ramp on my pro since I bought it. At least 10% of the shots will fly off it weird when shooting from upper flipper and smack Thanos's glove. Anyone else had that issue or recommend a tweak? It's level. Everything else great, just having trouble getting this last thing dialed in.

#2689 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone managed to get action button champion? Is it coded?

I think it is a troll. Actually I hope it is a troll because it would be kinda funny.

#2690 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I think it is a troll. Actually I hope it is a troll because it would be kinda funny.

I remember reading Keith isn’t a fan of the lockdown buttons, if that’s true it would be kinda neat.

#2691 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Hate to say it but betting you will. No worries though ... sounds like Stern has created a more robust replacement

We are talking about subway right ?

#2692 3 years ago

Btw, F that crappy topper.

#2693 3 years ago

After having owned the game for a couple weeks I decided to give her a wipe down and found this.

F96A4FE3-45DC-4894-B58D-7D9CEF3076DA (resized).jpegF96A4FE3-45DC-4894-B58D-7D9CEF3076DA (resized).jpeg
#2694 3 years ago

How long before fiber washers become standard? Has to be cheaper for Stern than dealing with endless complaints and (in some cases) replacing playfields. When they switched to decaled cabinets, they wrinkled badly. Steel (then quickly plastic) corner protectors became standard. Just robbing Peter to pay Paul.

#2695 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We are talking about subway right ?

Yes, subway finger portion of the mech. One of the welds is known to be weak and Stern had a new part manufactured to replace it should it break
We both have early production games thus the reason for my comment

I'm about 200 plays in

New part is already on it's way - cant beat that service

This link does a great job showing what broke - mine is exactly the same

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/13#post-5881776
IMG_0041 (resized).jpgIMG_0041 (resized).jpg

#2696 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

After having owned the game for a couple weeks I decided to give her a wipe down and found this.
[quoted image]

Yep pretty common .

#2697 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Yes, subway finger portion of the mech. One of the welds is known to be weak and Stern had a new part manufactured to replace it should it break
We both have early production games thus the reason for my comment
I'm about 200 plays in
New part is already on it's way - cant beat that service
This link does a great job showing what broke - mine is exactly the same
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/13#post-5881776
[quoted image]

Got it thanks! I should go ahead and just request it.

#2698 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

How long before fiber washers become standard? Has to be cheaper for Stern than dealing with endless complaints and (in some cases) replacing playfields. When they switched to decaled cabinets, they wrinkled badly. Steel (then quickly plastic) corner protectors became standard. Just robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Yep, it looks like they made some progress on the issue by cutting the bottom of the Avengers guides so a lot of the guide isn't touching the playfield now. But they need to put washers around the apron screws and any screws that are near the end of a ball guide. Those are the spots that still tend to scratch when they're cranked down too tight.

#2699 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, it looks like they made some progress on the issue by cutting the bottom of the Avengers guides so a lot of the guide isn't touching the playfield now. But they need to put washers around the apron screws and any screws that are near the end of a ball guide. Those are the spots that still tend to scratch when they're cranked down too tight.

I add Cliffy carbon fiber rings under any post on a new game.

#2700 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

[quoted image]

Cliffy makes a Cliffy for this area on the game. This is the only guiderail that touches the playfield. Every other guiderail is cut a bit off the playfield so nothing touches.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

4,999 (Firm)
7,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 12,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/54?hl=steele67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.