04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 255.
#2351 3 years ago

So in the yellow club...J85M was spot on...my XMen Magneto didn't mind ( chrome just didn't work for me but gave it a shot too)....

IMG_20201101_083758573 (resized).jpgIMG_20201101_083758573 (resized).jpg
#2352 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So in the yellow club...J85M was spot on...my XMen Magneto didn't mind ( chrome just didn't work for me but gave it a shot too)....
[quoted image]

Looks great mate! You have to go with the yellow it adds the finishing touch to the LE package.

The release photos didn’t do the yellow justice, I fell in love with the yellow as soon as I unboxed, plus it gave me a chance finally to use the purple leg bolt washers I had ordered a while back

#2353 3 years ago

Currently(.92) you can open the portal for a quest and still complete enough combos to qualify 1 additional portal lock before starting a quest.

I think it would be cool if you only locked a ball in that scenario, and the portal stayed open, making you shoot it again to start the portal quest. Then you’d have the opportunity to start a 2 ball quest right away or try to shoot more combos to qualify a second ball lock before starting the quest.

#2354 3 years ago

Opened my LE and the lockdown bar has a chip in the beautiful yellow powder coat. What are my options?

#2355 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Opened my LE and the lockdown bar has a chip in the beautiful yellow powder coat. What are my options?

Contact distributor, should be an easy swap.

#2356 3 years ago

Has anyone sent photos and measurements to Cliff for the VUK?

#2357 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Saw one at my distributor that he couldn’t deliver because of a bubble in the powder coat on lock down bar he is waiting for stern to send a replacement

#2358 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think he has it, I was at his house Friday and they seemed to have a good handle on this game. I just sent him some pics for something I need on JP when I hear back I will make sure.

#2359 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

I think he has it, I was at his house Friday and they seemed to have a good handle on this game. I just sent him some pics for something I need on JP when I hear back I will make sure.

That’s good to I’ve taken some so will email them over to him anyway just in case, plus I guess to sets of measurements are always better than one, need that VUK protecting this game is getting played a lot!

#2360 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have used his 1.5" standard single drop target protector and it's perfect.

20201101_184022 (resized).jpg20201101_184022 (resized).jpg

#2361 3 years ago

Wow just installed and played a few games with my noise cancelling headphones..

A whole new world of sound fx and cues to be heard in comparison to regular play ,best I have heard from any spike game so far , i recommend trying it

#2362 3 years ago

I've got about 70 games in on my AIQ Premium. I have not once seen the post rise up from the PF that resides in from of Avengers Tower. When
does that actuate? What am I missing? The outlines are killing me, and defeating any villain takes loads of effort. So you 500MM scorers are shaming me. I feel like I'm a decent pinball player skill wise, but what's limiting my scoring is knowledge regarding rules. I can hit the shots, I just need to learn "when to hit what". Mostly I concentrate on flashing arrows. It's a work in progress. ; )

#2363 3 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

I've got about 70 games in on my AIQ Premium. I have not once seen the post rise up from the PF that resides in from of Avengers Tower. When
does that actuate? What am I missing? The outlines are killing me, and defeating any villain takes loads of effort. So you 500MM scorers are shaming me. I feel like I'm a decent pinball player skill wise, but what's limiting my scoring is knowledge regarding rules. I can hit the shots, I just need to learn "when to hit what". Mostly I concentrate on flashing arrows. It's a work in progress. ; )

Have you won a gem yet? I just won my first gem quest last night, actually got to claim the gem, and actually got to place it!!!!! This was huge for me. That was the only time i've seen it do something.

#2364 3 years ago

Yes, that’s the only time the post pops up, first few times I was still looking at the screen to see what was going on After winning a gem and boom, Post down ball drops sdtm.. quite dissapointing

#2365 3 years ago

I am loving the Battle Royale Challenge Mode, great way to dial in all the shots in the game. Are there any substantiated rumors about Stern selling a WiFi plug in and creating online head to head gameplay?

These “Challenge Modes” would be perfect for that type of experience.

#2366 3 years ago
Quoted from Maverick203b:

I am loving the Battle Royale Challenge Mode, great way to dial in all the shots in the game. Are there any substantiated rumors about Stern selling a WiFi plug in and creating online head to head gameplay?
These “Challenge Modes” would be perfect for that type of experience.

I believe George Gomez is on record saying that WiFi capability is coming soon for newer Sterns!

#2367 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I believe George Gomez is on record saying that WiFi capability is coming soon for newer Sterns!

I hope newer sterns means like spike 2 in general

#2368 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I hope newer sterns means like spike 2 in general

Yeah hopefully it’s a simple code update for all previous games.

#2369 3 years ago

In his (GGs) recent "all about Spike" video he talks about upgrading the Spike CPU to quad-core, from today's dual-core architecture. The extra horsepower is what will drive additional features, like WiFi etc...

#2370 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I have used his 1.5" standard single drop target protector and it's perfect.
[quoted image]

Nice! I’ll grab one of those instead of a full protector.

#2371 3 years ago

Mystic Bezel for the Dr. Strange plastic is done and in the pinmonk store. I had to make a piece to correct the sag of the plastic sign that's now part of the kit, but it looks great and the sign status is now visible as you play. The Dr. Strange plastic illuminating is a bonus of the enclosure that focuses the flasher light down onto the wheel. Excess light from the sides of the flasher is reflected back up to the plastic on top.
mystic_bezel_installed_600x.jpgmystic_bezel_installed_600x.jpg
mystic-bezel 600x.jpgmystic-bezel 600x.jpg

#2372 3 years ago

My game is scoring points during the "kla-klunk" of balls traveling through the subway.
How do I start down the path of trying to find what switch is activating, assuming it's not intended?

#2373 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

My game is scoring points during the "kla-klunk" of balls traveling through the subway.
How do I start down the path of trying to find what switch is activating, assuming it's not intended?

Go into switch test mode (open the coin door, pull the white post on the inside left of the coin door frame, then press the button on the door to go to the system menu. Select "Diag" then switches), and smack the playfield firmly with your open palm at various places to see what switch is being triggered by the vibration. It will show on the display if a switch is triggered and which one(s).

#2374 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Mystic Bezel for the Dr. Strange plastic is done and in the pinmonk store. I had to make a piece to correct the sag of the plastic sign that's now part of the kit, but it looks great and the sign status is now visible as you play. The Dr. Strange plastic illuminating is a bonus of the enclosure that focuses the flasher light down onto the wheel.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great!

#2375 3 years ago

By the way is there actually a shot or animation for Adam Warlock or Falcon? After all both can be seen on the playfield.

#2376 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I thought that was supposed to happen. Its like only 300 points each time. My disc moves ever so slightly every time it clicks so it may be that.

#2377 3 years ago
Quoted from Eulenstein:

By the way is there actually a shot or animation for Adam Warlock or Falcon? After all both can be seen on the playfield.

I've seen a Falcon animation play when I do a "Flank Attack" by going around the orbit over the rollover and down into the pops.

#2378 3 years ago

Ah ok. Thanks. At least something. I hope Warlock is in the next Update.

#2379 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Have you won a gem yet? I just won my first gem quest last night, actually got to claim the gem, and actually got to place it!!!!! This was huge for me. That was the only time i've seen it do something.

Had my first 100MM point game after I made that post. Won my first gem and the post activated. : ) Placed the post on my best shot, but that's probably not what I should have done. Ha! Still learning.

#2380 3 years ago

Had my first 100MM point game after I made that post. Won my first gem and the post activated. : ) Placed the post on my best shot, but that's probably not what I should have done. Ha! Still learning.

Same, hahaha! Next up, 2 gems.

#2381 3 years ago
Quoted from Eulenstein:

Ah ok. Thanks. At least something. I hope Warlock is in the next Update.

Yeah I’m hoping the same, I can’t see why he would be so prominently featured on the playfield and have no animations, shots or node associated to him.

Plus he’s a huge character in the Marvel Universe for fans he’s a big bonus in the art, I know he was the first thing I noticed when I saw the first playfield picture.

#2382 3 years ago

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Same, hahaha! Next up, 2 gems.

Same here, had my first big game last night, 130mil, first gem captured, finally saw a light go out on the Gauntlet!

Which lead me to think, shouldn’t the gauntlet be unlit at the start of a game? And the gauntlet lights up as you loose each gem?

#2383 3 years ago

I kinda look at it as were taking it away from thanos. So start it lit and have them blink away.

#2384 3 years ago

Added Doug’s speaker light kit. Just awesome looking! I’ve installed over a dozen various speaker light kits but this one looks the best. It illuminates just the 5.25” speaker area, makes the yellow spacer just glow and lights up the cone of the Kenwood speakers as well. I’ve tried lots of colors and animations but settled on simple - just plain old static yellow! Shot a short video to show what they “can” do if you want them animated ... endless choices. I shot a few close ups because when photographed at a distance, they appear washed out. I can assure you they are brilliant, saturated yellow in person!

Oh, super easy install too

7BBE0ACE-24A2-4675-9EBC-CBD343A2B773 (resized).jpeg7BBE0ACE-24A2-4675-9EBC-CBD343A2B773 (resized).jpegDD69A2C4-6BB9-4122-8712-87C803C8F33D (resized).jpegDD69A2C4-6BB9-4122-8712-87C803C8F33D (resized).jpegDDB8764D-22BB-4336-9E22-E91B40C2BAD4 (resized).jpegDDB8764D-22BB-4336-9E22-E91B40C2BAD4 (resized).jpegF2B928C2-126F-4282-B5F0-8FBB715B6B1A (resized).jpegF2B928C2-126F-4282-B5F0-8FBB715B6B1A (resized).jpeg

B9F8BF6F-046B-4E69-89FB-A188D768129D (resized).jpegB9F8BF6F-046B-4E69-89FB-A188D768129D (resized).jpegAEE03D65-8B7C-4619-BCFA-3A68BCCF9E7A (resized).jpegAEE03D65-8B7C-4619-BCFA-3A68BCCF9E7A (resized).jpeg

#2385 3 years ago

What’s the best way to upgrade speaker system on premium? Guessing there is already a Spike 2 upgrade from pinballpro? What’s the best?

#2386 3 years ago

Joined the club and picked mine up Friday. What a blast this game is to play! Everything working great right out of the box just had to adjust the lockdown bar button.

BF2F423B-3C93-4005-8ABD-E860AAAA2A24 (resized).jpegBF2F423B-3C93-4005-8ABD-E860AAAA2A24 (resized).jpeg
#2387 3 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

What’s the best way to upgrade speaker system on premium? Guessing there is already a Spike 2 upgrade from pinballpro? What’s the best?

If you’re going to upgrade the speakers then go with pinwoofer. It’s the best speaker system and it’s only a couple hundred more. Best bang for your buck.

#2388 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Same here, had my first big game last night, 130mil, first gem captured, finally saw a light go out on the Gauntlet!
Which lead me to think, shouldn’t the gauntlet be unlit at the start of a game? And the gauntlet lights up as you loose each gem?

You’re not “losing” gems, you’re taking them from Thanos. Thus the light going out on the gauntlet as you the player capture a gem makes sense.

#2389 3 years ago

Hey everyone - received my AIQ Premium on Friday - having an absolute blast. My first pin - very excited to start a collection!

Game is playing great, with one minor issue. Every now and then I get a VERY loud "pop" from the speakers. It never occurs due to any one thing - kind of random. Happened most recently when I hit the action button the top front of the machine. Anyone else run into this?

The speakers seem to sound fine otherwise, so I don't think the speakers are bad. Not sure what's up...

Thanks!

#2390 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Hey everyone - received my AIQ Premium on Friday - having an absolute blast. My first pin - very excited to start a collection!
Game is playing great, with one minor issue. Every now and then I get a VERY loud "pop" from the speakers. It never occurs due to any one thing - kind of random. Happened most recently when I hit the action button the top front of the machine. Anyone else run into this?
The speakers seem to sound fine otherwise, so I don't think the speakers are bad. Not sure what's up...
Thanks!

Are you hearing the "knocker", like when you get an extra ball or a replay?

#2391 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Thanks!

That’s the stern fake knocker noise. I recommend buying a real knocker kit from pinball life. They are great.

#2392 3 years ago

Can someone do me a favor and figure out where this little spacer goes? I pulled the ramps out to do a protector and I missed it . It has to be at the base of one of the wire ramps, I just can’t find it in my pictures.

FEE9CD19-7D6A-4EE9-86C8-C8949EA27C25 (resized).jpegFEE9CD19-7D6A-4EE9-86C8-C8949EA27C25 (resized).jpeg
#2393 3 years ago

Is it the spacer on the left of the Sanctum?

5FB1448B-C62E-40D7-A60E-81DC664D7ADB (resized).jpeg5FB1448B-C62E-40D7-A60E-81DC664D7ADB (resized).jpeg
#2394 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Is it the spacer on the left of the Sanctum?
[quoted image]

Nope, I have that one. Will you check the plastic right on top of the upper flipper please?

#2395 3 years ago

There should be a spacer underneath the ramp bracket.

Spacer (resized).jpgSpacer (resized).jpg
#2396 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Are you hearing the "knocker", like when you get an extra ball or a replay?

I don't think it's a knocker - it sounds like a very loud static pop.

#2397 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I don't think it's a knocker - it sounds like a very loud static pop.

Sterns don't come with knockers, they simulate it with the sound you are describing. You can buy a physical knocker from pinballlife.com, and the static pop sound won't sound anymore. You could also just disable it in settings.

#2398 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

You’re not “losing” gems, you’re taking them from Thanos. Thus the light going out on the gauntlet as you the player capture a gem makes sense.

See I had taken the story differently, that the black order where retrieving the stones for Thanos and you where stopping them from getting the stones back to him.

Either way it would be cool if they could somehow incorporate the snap somehow, match sequence maybe? It would be great for those who are mostly familiar with the movies to see that reference.

#2399 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

See I had taken the story differently, that the black order where retrieving the stones for Thanos and you where stopping them from getting the stones back to him.
Either way it would be cool if they could somehow incorporate the snap somehow, match sequence maybe? It would be great for those who are mostly familiar with the movies to see that reference.

The game has nothing to do with the movies. It is NAILING the comic references.

#2400 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The comic has the snap as well...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 12,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/48?hl=zukram and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.