IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 253.
#2301 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

What’s the “secret skill shot”

Inner loop, you have to plunge so the ball just makes it up to the top lane but doesn’t pass through the one way gate into the pops, it will then roll back down the inner loop and reward you with a clip of vision and secret skill shot award.

Super skill shot is a soft plunge and shot into the tower.

#2302 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think the super skill shot can be completed with a full plunge around the wireform to the right flipper as well but have to hit into the tower.

#2303 3 years ago

I feel like the inlanes are too small or something. Half the time when the ball gets into the inlane it bumbles around, comes out and goes right into outlane. Frustrating! Might experiment with different rubbers

#2304 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I feel like the inlanes are too small or something. Half the time when the ball gets into the inlane it bumbles around, comes out and goes right into outlane. Frustrating! Might experiment with different rubbers

Half the time? Sounds about right. Haha. Nudge better to help improve that. Don’t let the ball get past the slings.

#2305 3 years ago

What is the final shot required to defeat Supergiant? Is it just a bunch of disc spins?

#2306 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Half the time? Sounds about right. Haha. Nudge better to help improve that. Don’t let the ball get past the slings.

How dare you tell me to play better and not to change the machine to make it easier! Heh I know. I eventually got better at Star Wars and it has the same issue.

#2307 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

I think the super skill shot can be completed with a full plunge around the wireform to the right flipper as well but have to hit into the tower.

Yup. If you send around you can hit tower for super skill shot. I never had a soft plunge do it, once you roll over the switch it take the red arrow away on the tower.

Super Skill shot awards a mystery and additional time on ball save.

#2308 3 years ago

honestly, the game is too easy to achieve everything. i think this is keith's easiest game by far. I'm wondering if stern wants easier games. Don't get me wrong, it is fun. Just a little easy i think

#2309 3 years ago
Quoted from seger10494:

honestly, the game is too easy to achieve everything. i think this is keith's easiest game by far. I'm wondering if stern wants easier games. Don't get me wrong, it is fun. Just a little easy i think

Only thing that makes it hard for me is the outlanes really. Its not easy, but its definetly not TMNT either. i havent owned the other Elwin games so tough for me to compare, but I have played a bit of JP2

#2310 3 years ago
Quoted from seger10494:

This game is like game of thrones. Might not be the most difficult to beat, but the staying power comes from all the crazy stuff you can pull off to maximize score along the way.

The fact that it’s not a drain monster helps too.

#2311 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

That’s the super skill shoot, not the super secret skill shot that awards more

#2312 3 years ago

No question this game has many different ways to approach for scoring and all are fun. I think I just love iron maiden b/c everything mattered if trying to get to the end. You can't just play multiball and progress modes, you have to do well in multiball. You have to do well in modes. Everything matters I guess. Still love this game

#2313 3 years ago
Quoted from seger10494:

No question this game has many different ways to approach for scoring and all are fun. I think I just love iron maiden b/c everything mattered if trying to get to the end. You can't just play multiball and progress modes, you have to do well in multiball. You have to do well in modes. Everything matters I guess. Still love this game

Have you gotten to Trophy Mania yet? A lot of trophies require you do perform well, like Iron Maiden.

#2314 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

What is the final shot required to defeat Supergiant? Is it just a bunch of disc spins?

Sanctum target for the final shot.

#2315 3 years ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Have you gotten to Trophy Mania yet? A lot of trophies require you do perform well, like Iron Maiden.

Yes I did. But you bring up a good point. I didn't think about that.

#2316 3 years ago

My Hulk spinner doesn’t hit the Switch hard enough to register spins. What do I bend to fix it so it?

8298BDE0-204C-4000-952C-FE5D3EA53272 (resized).jpeg8298BDE0-204C-4000-952C-FE5D3EA53272 (resized).jpeg
#2317 3 years ago

The switch actuator arm.

#2318 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

I don’t think I’ve ever tried that, but thanks that’s a much easier way to hit that skill shot and have control at the flipper.

#2319 3 years ago
Quoted from seger10494:

Yes I did. But you bring up a good point. I didn't think about that.

Are you like a top 100 player in the world or something? You’ve done everything the game has including trophy mania? This game kicks my ass!

#2320 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I brought mine from pinballlife but I had an order I was placing with them anyway.
There’s gotto be a few places in Europe that would be more convenient for you, there’s a place in the U.K. I believe.

Yep, looking for an EU place.
https://www.pinballshop.nl/cabinet-parts/siderails-and-trims/t-molding-3-4-inch-19mm-wide-per-meter/?variation_id=13870
Hope it is fine.

Why stern did not make it with yellow t-molding?

#2321 3 years ago

Must have had a tonne of black in stock saves ordering yellow especially for the LEs.

You need 13ft/4metres for a backbox.

#2322 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Are you like a top 100 player in the world or something? You’ve done everything the game has including trophy mania? This game kicks my ass!

I think EHOH and DP are both easier then AIQ. If anyone’s AIQ is playing “easy” maybe you should come play mine!

#2323 3 years ago

There's no doubt AIQ is a challenging game! That also makes it really enjoyable as well. It gives me a lot of the "dammit, next time I'm going to beat sueprgiant" feelings.

I am just continuing to bang out games on it, after all that's why I have it in my house.

#2324 3 years ago

Seriously. I’m not great at playing pinball, feel I’m better at tinkering but this game kicks but my butt but like in a good and challenging way. It gives you hope the next game will be better and I keep playing. Super fun title.

#2325 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I think EHOH and DP are both easier then AIQ. If anyone’s AIQ is playing “easy” maybe you should come play mine!

owned deadpool premium for a long time and that game is FAR easier than AIQ. DP ball times can be forever even if your dont score huge as its so multiplier reliant to blow it up.

I do like owning a mix of hard and not so hard games. I have a Star Wars premium which can be very tough, wonka which is fair, TMNT LE which is brutal, and AIQ which seems fair to somewhat tough(so far as I get used to it). I will be selling TMNT when I get my GnR and that will even things out a bit.

#2326 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I know that feeling, as soon as I get side to side movement on the ball especially off my slings I’m thinking shit more so than any of my other games.

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve had a ball rocket back off a target hit one of the slings and go straight down one of the outlanes as if the ball was pulled down there by a magnet.

#2327 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The switch actuator arm.

Thank you

#2328 3 years ago

Just unboxed my Premium last night. Just had the Hulk switch adjustment and I need to level my spinning disc some otherwise game is working perfect.

Question for owners about the top flipper. On my game when the ball drops to the upper flipper after the gauntlet shot if you don’t flip it goes straight down the middle. The feed out of the avengers tower goes the right flipper just fine. Is this normal?

#2329 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Just unboxed my Premium last night. Just had the Hulk switch adjustment and I need to level my spinning disc some otherwise game is working perfect.
Question for owners about the top flipper. On my game when the ball drops to the upper flipper after the gauntlet shot if you don’t flip it goes straight down the middle. The feed out of the avengers tower goes the right flipper just fine. Is this normal?

mine just hits the left flipper usually. the pops is my problem. If its in there its a 25% chance its going straight down the middle

#2330 3 years ago

Yeah the pops and center ramp are dangerous areas but my kids forget to use the upper flipper so they lose so many balls down the middle after the gauntlet shot

#2331 3 years ago

i lose my ball so many times trying to get the last hit on gem modes. Or when trying to give them gem I just won to someone. ugh!

#2332 3 years ago

Well shoot... what do I do about this?

20201031_151437 (resized).jpg20201031_151437 (resized).jpg
#2333 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Well shoot... what do I do about this?
[quoted image]

It just screws back in... hopefully you didn’t lose the screw. I think there’s a nut it screws into underneath the disk but can’t remember. It worked its way lose on my game as well but it’s a 5 second fix

#2334 3 years ago

Found the screw. Thanks!

#2335 3 years ago

Finally get to put this to use.

20201031_152340 (resized).jpg20201031_152340 (resized).jpg
#2336 3 years ago

The spinning disc post seems to be the big randomizer for me. I'm getting used to it. But it can send the ball in some dangerous directions. That makes it fun though, and you need to be hitting that disc for a lot of the finer points of the game.

Collected all six gems for the first time. On the first try for each as well. I guess I'm ready for Thanos when he returns. Or at least once every 200 games or so.

#2337 3 years ago

is anyone having a issue with the captain marvel ramp opto not registering?

#2338 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Inner loop, you have to plunge so the ball just makes it up to the top lane but doesn’t pass through the one way gate into the pops, it will then roll back down the inner loop and reward you with a clip of vision and secret skill shot award.

The secret skill shot is a great shot because it gives you a portal lock so when you go battle for a gem, you have a multi ball to help you. Hard shot to hit, but very rewarding. If you get a portal lock, I think going after the mind gem or the yellow one (can't remember but its DR strange) are the best ones for Multi ball. There are tons of shots in those modes.

#2339 3 years ago

I think most people that claim AIQ is to easy, are full of it. I about pissed my pants when I was able to get three gems in just one game. AIQ is a very good game and the shots are rewarding.

#2340 3 years ago

Are some of the gem modes 2 ball multiball? Sure I’ve played the same mode a few times now and it’s been a multiball all but one or two times, unless I’m doing something else without realising it which is likely!

#2341 3 years ago

You can get portal locks before you start a gem mode. You can make any gem mode up to a 3 ball MB that way. Also there’s a multiplier for the balls in play too. 3 in play for 3x, 2 in play for 2x

#2342 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can get portal locks before you start a gem mode. You can make any gem mode up to a 3 ball MB that way. Also there’s a multiplier for the balls in play too. 3 in play for 3x, 2 in play for 2x

Thanks Chuck that’s what it is, totally forgot that was one of the nuances to the game.

I’ve become used to the typical ball 1 locked ball 2 locked etc etc to get multiball I forget this one lets you choose and build your multiball,

#2343 3 years ago

Btw chuckwurt have you got an AIQ yet or on order? I’ve watched a lot of your streams and man this pin would make you smile, maybe even more than that Stranger Things LE

#2344 3 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

is anyone having a issue with the captain marvel ramp opto not registering?

Does it register in test mode? If so, is it the correct opto registering? Check the connectors underneath and make sure they are plugged in and make sure the right ones are connected to each other. I had an opto plugged into the wrong connector.

#2345 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

I guess I'm ready for Thanos when he returns.

And I bet it will be glorious when he does return!

144E765D-F59D-4016-873E-1EB994763C75.gif144E765D-F59D-4016-873E-1EB994763C75.gif
#2346 3 years ago

Somebody asked if the lip around the spinning disk is black painted metal…well I can confirm it is and mine looks like shit after 60 games! Can anyone manufacture a hard plastic version?

#2347 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Somebody asked if the lip around the spinning disk is black painted metal…well I can confirm it is and mine looks like shit after 60 games! Can anyone manufacture a hard plastic version?

Mine looks also bad after some plays. I discovered it was screwed down correctly.

#2348 3 years ago

Made a little anti frustration mod bringing a center post to the game. No harm to pf, removable in seconds.

20201030_122700 (resized).jpg20201030_122700 (resized).jpg20201030_122706 (resized).jpg20201030_122706 (resized).jpg
#2349 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Must have had a tonne of black in stock saves ordering yellow especially for the LEs.
You need 13ft/4metres for a backbox.

Sorry i didn’t understand you.

I just need to order 4 meters of yellow trim for my LE. Correct?

#2350 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Sorry i didn’t understand you.
I just need to order 4 meters of yellow trim for my LE. Correct?

Yes you need 4 metres, you will use just under this amount, to complete a back box.

I ordered 13ft (3.96 meters) from the US and had a comfortable amount left over.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 49.99
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/47?hl=anago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.