04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 255.
#2251 3 years ago

I’m not into Avengers much, but this game is a real fun shooter.

#2252 3 years ago

Perfect out of the box!

27E401C3-BBBC-43C8-936B-D1569E788FCA (resized).jpeg27E401C3-BBBC-43C8-936B-D1569E788FCA (resized).jpeg
#2253 3 years ago
2AEAF020-40B5-40B2-BCCA-23911B3B63E1 (resized).jpeg2AEAF020-40B5-40B2-BCCA-23911B3B63E1 (resized).jpeg5A52774A-9C77-44BB-B01F-78F10FECE448 (resized).jpeg5A52774A-9C77-44BB-B01F-78F10FECE448 (resized).jpegA7131284-E7F0-4FDB-A1C4-DD8FF0BD7E2D (resized).jpegA7131284-E7F0-4FDB-A1C4-DD8FF0BD7E2D (resized).jpeg
#2254 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

My buddy just unboxed a premium and there is an issue with the flippers, they occasionally go dead and the lower end of playfield goes black. Any ideas on a fix? Already sent emails to distributor and Stern.

Love to know if you have a sollution, my avengers doesn't do this, but my JP does.

#2255 3 years ago

The .92 update file from the Stern website is only one file and not a zip file? Is this correct? I’m opening my new machine tomorrow and just want to be prepared to update

#2256 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

Perfect out of the box!
[quoted image]

It was built yesterday and you got it today? I see you’re in Illinois, but that’s still impressive!

#2257 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

It was built yesterday and you got it today?

Got my JP delivered at noon on the day it was built (or just tested & boxed, more likely).

#2258 3 years ago

Played a pro today while picking up my turtles pro. AiQ is a definite must have. Loved the pro, but going for a premium.. Stern crushed it with this pin.

#2259 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Thanks, node 8 appears to be the problem, I’m guessing it would be fine to swap out the node 8 board with another one of his spike 2 games so we can play tonight?

You can swap node 9 and 8 in the same machine as long as you change the dip switches so the boards know they've been switched. this often will get you going as whatever is messed up on the board may not be used in the node 9 position.

#2260 3 years ago

Not a crazy high score, but started and finished all 6 gems!

Too bad the Battle Thanos thing didn't work

One Thor shot away from Battle Royale too.

Funny that right before this game, I was calling it a drainy piece of s#!t.

PXL_20201030_053712828.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20201030_053712828.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20201030_053722942.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20201030_053722942.MP (resized).jpg

#2261 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Love to know if you have a sollution, my avengers doesn't do this, but my JP does.

Node board.

#2262 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Not a crazy high score, but started and finished all 6 gems!
Too bad the Battle Thanos thing didn't work
One Thor shot away from Battle Royale too.
Funny that right before this game, I was calling it a drainy piece of s#!t.
[quoted image][quoted image]

wow nice game. Im stuck around 100-115m

#2263 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

LEs come with black from factory
You’ll have to grab some yellow and replace it yourself, which is super easy but it looks 100x better.[quoted image]

ok thanks
where did you buy yours?

#2264 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

ok thanks
where did you buy yours?

Tmoulding.com sells it. 20' minimum, but it's cheap.

#2265 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Tmoulding.com sells it. 20' minimum, but it's cheap.

Saw some on Pinballlife.com, Terry and crew are awesome. You can buy it by the foot.

https://www.pinballlife.com/yellow-t-molding-34.html

#2266 3 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Saw some on Pinballlife.com, Terry and crew are awesome. You can buy it by the foot.
https://www.pinballlife.com/yellow-t-molding-34.html

That's the stuff. I agree, pinball life is a great company to deal with. I use them regularly. However, if you're looking for some unusual options for trim, Tmoulding.com is worth a look for sure.

#2267 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That algae on your asphalt roof shingles is bad news.

#2268 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

ok thanks
where did you buy yours?

I brought mine from pinballlife but I had an order I was placing with them anyway.

There’s gotto be a few places in Europe that would be more convenient for you, there’s a place in the U.K. I believe.

#2269 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Like tktlawyer said, we pulled a node board out of his SW and it worked perfect. I’m sure Stern is sending a replacement.

#2270 3 years ago

Finally cracked 200mil on my 149th game

Like most games, getting 2x deeper than you've ever been allows you to see so much more that the game offers
Was a blast!

IMG_9789 (resized).jpgIMG_9789 (resized).jpg
#2271 3 years ago

I got my t-molding from ebay. Search for 20 FT 3/4" YELLOW BRAND NEW T MOLDING MEGATOUCH MERIT
$15 shipped

#2272 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Like most games, getting 2x deeper than you've ever been allows you to see so much more that the game offers

Approx twice as much?

#2274 3 years ago

I keep trying 2x as much but that’s not helping my scores yet

#2275 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

My buddy just unboxed a premium and there is an issue with the flippers, they occasionally go dead and the lower end of playfield goes black. Any ideas on a fix? Already sent emails to distributor and Stern.

Just to update, he’ll have a new node board at his door tomorrow, that’s pretty good customer service if you ask me.

#2276 3 years ago

In the club with LE #103! In 20 years of owning pins, this is only my 3rd NIB, and my first LE.

I think Mr. Elwin and the team made something really great here. I am having so MUCH fun with this pin. It has revitalized my interest in playing pinball daily.

No real issues to report, except that my spinning disc sometimes tilts a bit so it isn't flat against the playfield. The side with the post ends up slightly higher and redirects the ball. This isn't an "adjust disc up/down" thing because it's not flat horizontally. I ended up pushing down on the raised edge with slow medium force, and it flexed back to flatter than it was. I hope it doesn't get worse, but I can see how that whole mech is going to wear out eventually with all the punishment.

After a week and hours of play I got my first decent GC score at 399M! A friend of mine and former state champ Mr. Bath and I are going to take another run at it this afternoon. What a fun pin!

Also, I have a pro on location, and it is earning like crazy! In a place with 30 pins, Avengers smashed the new pin record for earnings. The only thing that wore out in that 2 weeks is the upper flipper rubber. It's been hit by missed shots to Hulk and the Tower so much that the rubber split right there at the tip. Note that wasn't the nasty factory rubber, I changed it to perfect play silicone (purple looks great) during initial setup.
20201021_133732 (resized).jpg20201021_133732 (resized).jpg20201021_144335 (resized).jpg20201021_144335 (resized).jpg20201027_144557 (resized).jpg20201027_144557 (resized).jpg

#2277 3 years ago

Working on a prototype for my pro Gauntlet plastic replacement. Waiting on some Molex connectors to come in and it will be plug and play.

252358BF-6F19-46C2-B834-24EB563ECB7B (resized).jpeg252358BF-6F19-46C2-B834-24EB563ECB7B (resized).jpeg
#2278 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Working on a prototype for my pro Gauntlet plastic replacement. Waiting on some Molex connectors to come in and it will be plug and play.
[quoted image]

Nice! What you have going on there? As in, what all have you done so far? Looks great!

#2279 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Nice! What you have going on there? As in, what all have you done so far? Looks great!

Have color matched LED’s behind all the Gems, 3D printing a few different styles of brackets to hold it to see what will work best. Waiting on my molex and z connectors to come in so i can do final wiring. Already did testing to make sure it will function properly with the lights

82A76107-AC48-4019-9473-C115229B2CAD (resized).jpeg82A76107-AC48-4019-9473-C115229B2CAD (resized).jpeg
#2280 3 years ago

Man that sanctum target for extra ball can be a pain. I was on last ball of a good game and the damn peg was always in the way! Couldnt hit it and drained. Yuk

#2281 3 years ago

Wondering if increasing the pitch a bit would lesson the side to side movement. What is the consensus on pitch here? Im right at 6.5 and the bubble just touches the bottom line.

#2282 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I got the call yesterday my premium was ready to pick up.
On my birthday as well
Snow day, so went and grabbed it.
Only one issue, needed to adjust the switch for the lock down button.
Game is perfect otherwise.
Fun game, great flow with the shots.

Did you order from Nitro or P1? I placed an order literally within 30 min of the announcement and I haven't heard anything about Premium here yet.

#2283 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Man that sanctum target for extra ball can be a pain. I was on last ball of a good game and the damn peg was always in the way! Couldnt hit it and drained. Yuk

Best way I've found is to get the peg at least to the right of center. It's easier to hit Sanctum on the left side that isn't protected by a post. Safest shot is one that clips the left edge and rattles in the tower lane. Straight on shots tend to go SDTM and shots to the right come off that post also SDTM.

Get the peg to the right and deliberately "miss" a tower shot just a hair early, that should get your Sanctum shot safely.

#2284 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Best way I've found is to get the peg at least to the right of center. It's easier to hit Sanctum on the left side that isn't protected by a post. Safest shot is one that clips the left edge and rattles in the tower lane. Straight on shots tend to go SDTM and shots to the right come off that post also SDTM.
Get the peg to the right and deliberately "miss" a tower shot just a hair early, that should get your Sanctum shot safely.

Good advice thx

#2285 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Did you order from Nitro or P1? I placed an order literally within 30 min of the announcement and I haven't heard anything about Premium here yet.

I ordered from P1 and haven't heard anything.

#2286 3 years ago

In a gem quest, I'd love to have a drain take away a chunk of my health rather than losing the battle. For mediocre players like me, it's so discouraging to get my opponent down to almost no health and then lose all progress because of the drain. Why not take 30-50% of my health for a drain (as an option - good players could still go hardcore)?

If you've taken some damage you'll die anyway, but if you're dominating you'll get a second chance.

#2287 3 years ago
Quoted from Oz314:

No real issues to report, except that my spinning disc sometimes tilts a bit so it isn't flat against the playfield. The side with the post ends up slightly higher and redirects the ball. This isn't an "adjust disc up/down" thing because it's not flat horizontally. I ended up pushing down on the raised edge with slow medium force, and it flexed back to flatter than it was. I hope it doesn't get worse, but I can see how that whole mech is going to wear out eventually with all the punishment.

Have you tried the full adjustment procedure?

Check out the Spinning Disc Adjustment Points and Procedure pdf that was posted a little while back.

https://images.pinside.com/b/0d/d5/b0dd5de321f727bd72861cdb6a809defad10977a.pdf

#2288 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

In a gem quest, I'd love to have a drain take away a chunk of my health rather than losing the battle. For mediocre players like me, it's so discouraging to get my opponent down to almost no health and then lose all progress because of the drain. Why not take 30-50% of my health for a drain (as an option - good players could still go hardcore)?
If you've taken some damage you'll die anyway, but if you're dominating you'll get a second chance.

I literally made the same suggestion to someone else! I feel like this would be a nice improvement. You can still lose the quest, so all other mechanics stay intact.

#2289 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Have color matched LED’s behind all the Gems, 3D printing a few different styles of brackets to hold it to see what will work best. Waiting on my molex and z connectors to come in so i can do final wiring. Already did testing to make sure it will function properly with the lights
[quoted image]

Great work man! Looks amazing!

#2290 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I literally made the same suggestion to someone else! I feel like this would be a nice improvement. You can still lose the quest, so all other mechanics stay intact.

I think the issue is that changing a drain to only decrease health would mean you wouldn't be able to lose the quest, since currently the only way you can lose the quest is to drain. I think your health bar only determines your bonus for the quest. The more health you have left the bigger bonus you get. Zero health remaining only means zero bonus for the quest, and you can still win the quest with zero health remaining.

So it's a design choice they went with to say the value of wining the gem merits a drain being a big risk.

#2291 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I think the issue is that changing a drain to only decrease health would mean you wouldn't be able to lose the quest, since currently the only way you can lose the quest is to drain. I think your health bar only determines your bonus for the quest. The more health you have left the bigger bonus you get. Zero health remaining only means zero bonus for the quest, and you can still win the quest with zero health remaining.
So it's a design choice they went with to say the value of wining the gem merits a drain being a big risk.

You would still lose by draining, but only when your health is low enough that the hit would take you to zero (or your health was already zero).

#2292 3 years ago

You already have several tools to help win the quest:

- Shoot combos before starting a quest to get portal locks, these give you ballsaver plus multiball to help get through them
- Ancillary to this, avoid lighting Start Quest until you're ready so the right ramp is available for combos
- Left ramp, right ramp then inner loop is repeatable and never gives up ball control

- Secret skillshot and Hawkeye combo also light these locks
- If you get locks from SSS or Hawkeye, consider using them right away and saving combo-earned portal locks for later quests.
- Decision between 3x scoring in one quest or having every quest be a multiball

- Have IMMB or Thor close to completion. If you're close to finishing a quest, bring them in for ballsaver/multiball to guarantee you finish successfully.

Rules are fine the way they are. You gotta think, prioritize and plan ahead.

#2293 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You already have several tools to help win the quest:
- Shoot combos before starting a quest to get portal locks, these give you ballsaver plus multiball to help get through them
- Ancillary to this, avoid lighting Start Quest until you're ready so the right ramp is available for combos
- Left ramp, right ramp then inner loop is repeatable and never gives up ball control
- Secret skillshot and Hawkeye combo also light these locks
- If you get locks from SSS or Hawkeye, consider using them right away and saving combo-earned portal locks for later quests.
- Decision between 3x scoring in one quest or having every quest be a multiball
- Have IMMB or Thor close to completion. If you're close to finishing a quest, bring them in for ballsaver/multiball to guarantee you finish successfully.
Rules are fine the way they are. You gotta think, prioritize and plan ahead.

Yep, and I think what they did with the rules was a bit generous even. The only way to lose the gem quest is by draining. There aren't any negative shots to avoid and there isn't a timer. In a lot of games the main modes end on a drain and in addition to that some will also have timers or negative shots to end the mode, so this doesn't seem that unusual.

If the gem quest were changed to make it so you lose by getting to zero health it would essentially turn it into a timed mode and I think that's what they were trying to avoid in order to give players as much chance as possible to win it. As long as you don't drain you're going to get a gem that has some pretty nice perks.

#2294 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

If the gem quest were changed to make it so you lose by getting to zero health it would essentially turn it into a timed mode and I think that's what they were trying to avoid in order to give players as much chance as possible to win it. As long as you don't drain you're going to get a gem that has some pretty nice perks.

Yep, the health bar is really just a timer, but only for health bonus - not completion. Good compromise. If you're stuck in a single-ball quest and not close to Thor or IMMB, play as slowly and deliberately as you need to maintain control. The gem is far more important than the health bonus.

#2295 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yep, the health bar is really just a timer, but only for health bonus - not completion. Good compromise. If you're stuck in a single-ball quest and not close to Thor or IMMB, play as slowly and deliberately as you need to maintain control. The gem is far more important than the health bonus.

I wrongly thought the quest was failed when you ran out of health. I've never had a ball in play long enough to run out of health.

#2296 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Wondering if increasing the pitch a bit would lesson the side to side movement. What is the consensus on pitch here? Im right at 6.5 and the bubble just touches the bottom line.

I went 6.7 on my pitch, didn't like the way it played at 6.5.

#2297 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I wrongly thought the quest was failed when you ran out of health. I've never had a ball in play long enough to run out of health.

You never actually run out, it just drains to a minimum (no bonus) and stays there. You stay in the quest til you succeed or drain the ball.

#2299 3 years ago

I understand that not everyone would want a drain to cost health, but it's an option I'd like to have. Leave it off by default and everyone wins.

Of course I recognize Stern isn't going to do it, but I can dream.

#2300 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

What’s the “secret skill shot”

It is when it makes it to the Hawkeye loop without hitting any other targets. Either a full pull around to flipper and lucky hit off upper flipper around inner loop or you can plunge it to fall back on Hawkeye loop. If you go too far you basically get the standard Skill Shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Scranton, PA
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

10,250 (OBO)
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/46?hl=anago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.