IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 253.
#2201 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Something that should be pointed out in these owners threads, is that we come here looking for solutions to mostly minor problems. Pinside gives us this forum to help crowd source the issues that are there. Many owners do not have the issues and the owners thread looks like the pin is nothing but problems. Do not take these posts as there is a widespread issues with AIQ.
I have an LE and I have only experienced 3 problems. The ball flying off the ramp was easily fixed. The opto on the gauntlet ramp was fixed by vireland giving me advice. I have the issue with 2 balls locked in the subway; I am looking forward to the community figuring a fix.
IMO the owner threads give me confidence to buy a pin knowing that if there are issues I have a resource to help me.

I had a NIB non-Stern that blew the power supply after an hour of play. Shit happens with these games. It isn’t like an iPhone where you make 500 million of them and each one is exactly the same. These things are made by hand and have an incredible number of variables.

I love talking about the “issues” in the owner threads. To me, that is the point of these threads. I am surprised that so many people make their decisions based on the vocal minority.

#2202 3 years ago

Le, one of my first new sterns without any problems.....so far.....

#2203 3 years ago

Don’t know rules yet, feels like a combination of Deadpool and JP2 anyone agree?

#2204 3 years ago

Received my Premium today. I had a couple minor issues but I have to agree that the QA concerns are way overblown. In general I find Stern QA just as good as the JJP’s I’ve bought new - maybe the tech isn’t as fancy but the reliability has been there.

Stern also makes things easy to work on. I find that the screws are reachable, the leaf switches are easy to access and adjust, the lockdown bar clamps are much better than the old spring loaded arm, the swing down display is great, and the boards are easy to inspect. Even installing the quieter fan is simple because the backbox is so organized.

For reference, my two issues were: Thor led board was unplugged, and the avengers tower opto board had a loose connection. Both were 5 second fixes although I admit it took me quite a while to figure out the tower because the behavior was inconsistent.

Anyway, I’ve already replaced the rubber with Perfect Play (before even playing a full game), added a subwoofer output, a quiet fan, a shaker, and PDI glass. It’s going next to my JP prem and I’m very happy with the game. Super fun and more accessible than JP. The ramps are some of my favorite I’ve ever shot.

#2205 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Fair enough, but it didn’t seem that way from your comments about GNR. I have nothing against GNR, just think owners club threads should stay on topic.
Bond (you got the B right, lol)

I think J85M's comments actually just addressed best of luck on his alternate choice, not making it about G&R

Common knowledge that ALL machines have problems of sorts, regardless of who made them. Stating one brand over another in QC is just not the case . People like to cancel games for all sorts of reasons and blame whatever...

Back on topic....a great game and thrilled to have one to enjoy!!

#2206 3 years ago

@LE/Premium owners: Do you have an handle behind you backboard, as illustrated in the operation manual?

LE (resized).pngLE (resized).png
#2207 3 years ago

Certainly do.

screenshot.3556 (resized).jpgscreenshot.3556 (resized).jpg Added over 3 years ago:

hahahaha... totally crossed my threads on this one.. Sorry folks

#2208 3 years ago

Is that the playfield of an avengers iq ,my premium does not have a Handle ,I love games with them.and why if the playfield on the ground?

#2209 3 years ago

That picture is the back of a Jurassic Park. My Jurassic Park LE has the “handle.” My AIQ LE does not.

From my understanding, it is not so much a handle as it is a bumper to protect games with exposed rear mechs from being rammed into the back of the cabinet.

#2210 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

@LE/Premium owners: Do you have an handle behind you backboard, as illustrated in the operation manual?
[quoted image]

Nope, I do not.

#2211 3 years ago

That is not a pic of AIQ.... No - there is no handle on my LE

#2212 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I have the issue with 2 balls locked in the subway; I am looking forward to the community figuring a fix.
IMO the owner threads give me confidence to buy a pin knowing that if there are issues I have a resource to help me.

My subway assembly broke with less than 100 plays. The spot weld on the finger was weak. My distributor came over and replaced the subway assembly with the one off his NIB premium.
Its now working perfect in every way!
I believe they reengineered it!
I think everybody with an LE should get NEW subway

#2213 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

My subway assembly broke with less than 100 plays. The spot weld on the finger was weak. My distributor came over and replaced the subway assembly with the one off his NIB premium.
Its now working perfect in every way!
I believe they reengineered it!
I think everybody with an LE should get NEW subway

I don’t think everyone with an LE has a broken spot weld.

#2214 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Not yet
I believe they were inspected and found to be "weak weld"
What im saying is, Not only has the spot weld been fixed, My balls travel through the subway as intended with no issues!
So I think they also performed another fix as well

#2215 3 years ago

Premium owner, put it on location. I have had the 2 ball in subway problem happen twice in about 100 games so far. It can be easily fixed (if you are there obviously by going into coil test and firing the subway coil one time to separate the balls), but without being there eventually ball search should clear them. For the most part very happy with how it is playing.

#2216 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Not yet
I believe they were inspected and found to be "weak weld"
What im saying is, Not only has the spot weld been fixed, My balls travel through the subway as intended with no issues!
So I think they also performed another fix as well

Do you have pictures showing the old subway mech vs the newly designed one? That would help other owners determine if there were any changes.

I am glad you are back up and running, but I think you are jumping to conclusions that all LE owners have a defective subway mech and need a new one.

#2217 3 years ago

LE 300 checking in.
Only issue I had was Hawkeye opto not registering.
I added the washer posted in the thread and fixed it.
Also have a pinch in the playfield by the ant man scoop, hasn’t broke yet but watching it.

Quoted from paul_8788:

Do you have pictures showing the old subway mech vs the newly designed one? That would help other owners determine if there were any changes.
I am glad you are back up and running, but I think you are jumping to conclusions that all LE owners have a defective subway mech and need a new one.

#2218 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Not everyone, but many. LE #367 here and my subway has been down 9 days so far with a broken weld. Distributor supposedly ordered part for me 8 days ago, but still waiting. I don’t expect overnight service, but would certainly like to see it soon.

#2219 3 years ago

Has anyone else had an issue where one ball is locked in the subway before the soul gem mode starts. And then once the soul gem mode starts two balls are in the subway and the game will not eject either ball?

So the soul gem mode starts and there are two balls in the subway and nothing happens. The game then tries to clear the balls but does not move them along the subway and ultimately I have to end up restarting the game.

Nothing about the subway is inherently broken. But in that particular mode it simply does not work. But in all other situations and all other modes it works fine.

#2220 3 years ago
Quoted from rapidraw:

Don’t know rules yet, feels like a combination of Deadpool and JP2 anyone agree?

I have JP2 and I'm not feeling much similarity between it and AIQ, and I mean that as a really good thing. I think they're both great and I definitely feel like they're two different games to play.

Overall I think the main (gem quests/paddocks) and other modes in both games feel pretty different in the pattern of shots required, and the different layouts of the games just helps distinguish them from each other even more. For me having those two side by side makes for good variety on two smooth shooting & great flowing games. Multiballs in any game are mostly going to be 1 shoot shots, 2 collect jackpot, 3 collect super jackpot so I think it's going to seem like there's a familiar feeling about multiball in any game. But for the main modes and the wizard modes I'm not feeling much similarity.

I can't speak to a Deadpool/AIQ comparison though because I've only played a couple games of Deadpool and that was a couple years ago.

#2221 3 years ago

This was a fun one last night! Never say never, but I don’t see myself coming very close to this again for awhile. Felt like I caught lightning in a bottle.

DD06F58F-3540-4893-B95F-00A5C8F27F07 (resized).jpegDD06F58F-3540-4893-B95F-00A5C8F27F07 (resized).jpeg
#2222 3 years ago

Will this shooter rod work in Avengers? I can't seem to get it to fit in the hole.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9253-B

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 10.41.36 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-29 at 10.41.36 AM (resized).png
#2223 3 years ago
Quoted from rapidraw:

More like a cross between JP and B66, IMO.

#2224 3 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Will this shooter rod work in Avengers? I can't seem to get it to fit in the hole.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9253-B
[quoted image]

It seems like you've answered your own question. That said I've run into this issue with some Stern shooter rod housings and a light sanding of the rod seems to take care of it.

#2225 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

How many of you are able to beat Proxima Midnight? That's the battle/quest I'm currently working on.

Try defeating Supergiant first, then place the mind gem on the drop targets. Ramp, ramp, action button.

#2226 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Try defeating Supergiant first, then place the mind gem on the drop targets. Ramp, ramp, action button.

I really appreciate the tips! Honestly I haven't beat supergiant yet either! I'll switch to trying that one and see if I get further.

Like I mentioned before I'm not a great player.

#2227 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

It seems like you've answered your own question. That said I've run into this issue with some Stern shooter rod housings and a light sanding of the rod seems to take care of it.

Ha thanks, I will try sanding it. I just was not sure if there were various sizes and I bought the wrong size...

#2228 3 years ago

I buy custom shooter rods from a guy here in Australia who makes some beautiful plain stainless ball shooters. He sends a set of bushes with them if they are for stern rods becuase they don't fit straight in like the do for B/W, AP etc. The Stern rods are a slightly larger diameter.

#2229 3 years ago

Tried chrome today but yellow is still king!

Also finally found a good use for the purple leg bolt washers I ordered a while back, the purple looks great on the yellow.

451C7F9A-F1E8-4734-8B0F-4C0EA6972D98 (resized).jpeg451C7F9A-F1E8-4734-8B0F-4C0EA6972D98 (resized).jpegBA761A1A-C09F-42E0-8EDB-AF8B7FC3E845 (resized).jpegBA761A1A-C09F-42E0-8EDB-AF8B7FC3E845 (resized).jpeg
#2230 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

That is not a pic of AIQ.... No - there is no handle on my LE

Thanks you all, it seems that nobody has a handle on AIQ PRE/LE backboard.

#2231 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Mine has worked well overall at catching the ball but definitely could use a little bit of improvement. By far most good shots get caught on mine but some do bounce back from the top without being caught. Last night I had two instances where I hit the final Soul Gem shot to the top of the tower, but the tower didn't hold it. Each time it happened the insert for the final shot went out and the ability to hit the shot again was gone. I sent in a bug report when it first happened to me about a week ago. I'd be surprised if they don't get it sorted out in a code update.

I have an Avengers pro, same problem here, specially at the finishing shot for soul gem.... very annoying! The lock magnet works fine about 80% of the time i would guess. i hope they can fix it with some new codes

#2232 3 years ago

I am Thanos,I offer to free you from existence,thanks so much for the offer.is that a good think in this universe

#2233 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Not everyone, but many. LE #367 here and my subway has been down 9 days so far with a broken weld. Distributor supposedly ordered part for me 8 days ago, but still waiting. I don’t expect overnight service, but would certainly like to see it soon.

take the tooth mech (only 3 8-32 nuts) out with the broken spot weld and go into settings and change the subway to pass through or no entry. Mine is set on pass-through right now, until I get the new mech.

Anyone with the ball lock issues, have you tried adjusting the mech itself? (its only like 7 or 8 hex screws)
those teeth get stuck down a lot, and it can be intermittent. If the portal lock ball isn't on the right opto, the software won't know what to do. I personally only saw the issue with portal locks, and sometimes with balls that went in after.

#2234 3 years ago

Man these outlanes are quite hungry. I can see why it ships in the easiest setting with the posts. Its still quite tough! If the ball is bouncing around the side you are screwed without a great nudge.

#2235 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

This was a fun one last night! Never say never, but I don’t see myself coming very close to this again for awhile. Felt like I caught lightning in a bottle. [quoted image]

Impressive. On my last game I had 49 flips to spare with the last tower shot remaining and I choked them all away. On my very next shot after I ran out, I made the tower shot.

#2236 3 years ago

Anyone have any idea what's up with production on premiums? Is there a delay, or are they still pumping out games? Waiting to get mine from P1 in Toronto, and last I checked, they hadn't see any yet.

#2237 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBrownstone:

I have an Avengers pro, same problem here, specially at the finishing shot for soul gem.... very annoying! The lock magnet works fine about 80% of the time i would guess. i hope they can fix it with some new codes

A flaky tower, you say? That's what I had, and it turned out the opto board connector was halfway off. You have to take the plastic cover off the tower to check it, but that fixed my issues and now my tower works 100% of the time. The cable was under a bit of tension, so I pulled what slack I could into the tower.

#2238 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Anyone have any idea what's up with production on premiums? Is there a delay, or are they still pumping out games? Waiting to get mine from P1 in Toronto, and last I checked, they hadn't see any yet.

There was a delay, now up and running I assume, mine arrived 2 days ago...about 5 days later than expected.

#2239 3 years ago

loving this game so far, was wondering if anyone is having issues with the ball jumping off the rail when it gets shot around real fast. seems to jump off a lot. thanks.

#2240 3 years ago

What's the general strategy on collecting and levelling the avengers? Is that something I should go for before starting gem quests or should I just kinda let the avengers collect/level as a natural part of playing?

#2241 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Man these outlanes are quite hungry. I can see why it ships in the easiest setting with the posts. Its still quite tough! If the ball is bouncing around the side you are screwed without a great nudge.

I realised that quite quickly, even with those factory inlanes closed you have to be on your feet ready to nudge, anywhere near those outlanes on my game and the ball will find its way down the drain.

#2242 3 years ago

When people ask about the ball flying off the rail as if comes across the playfield:

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills (resized).jpgi-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills (resized).jpg
#2243 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

What's the general strategy on collecting and levelling the avengers? Is that something I should go for before starting gem quests or should I just kinda let the avengers collect/level as a natural part of playing?

Here's a great video from Raymond Davidson explaining strategy. I highly recommend it if you don't feel like reading a 25 page rulesheet.

#2244 3 years ago

My buddy just unboxed a premium and there is an issue with the flippers, they occasionally go dead and the lower end of playfield goes black. Any ideas on a fix? Already sent emails to distributor and Stern.

#2245 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Here's a great video from Raymond Davidson explaining strategy. I highly recommend it if you don't feel like reading a 25 page rulesheet.

Sweet thanks, I've got the rulesheet printed out and I refer to it a lot. I'll check out this video!

#2246 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

My buddy just unboxed a premium and there is an issue with the flippers, they occasionally go dead and the lower playfield goes black. Any ideas on a fix? Already sent emails to distributor and Stern.

Sounds like a problem with the node 8 board or one of the things plugged into it. If it happens fairly consistently, you can narrow down where the problem is by unplugging connectors from node 8 one at a time and see if it still happens with that one disabled, then if not, replace it and unplug the next. That will get you in the right area. You can refer to the manual to see which connectors are what for Node 8.

#2247 3 years ago

I got the call yesterday my premium was ready to pick up.
On my birthday as well
Snow day, so went and grabbed it.

Only one issue, needed to adjust the switch for the lock down button.
Game is perfect otherwise.

Fun game, great flow with the shots.

#2248 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like a problem with the node 8 board or one of the things plugged into it. If it happens fairly consistently, you can narrow down where the problem is by unplugging connectors from node 8 one at a time and see if it still happens with that one disabled, then if not, replace it and unplug the next. That will get you in the right area. You can refer to the manual to see which connectors are what for Node 8.

Thanks, node 8 appears to be the problem, I’m guessing it would be fine to swap out the node 8 board with another one of his spike 2 games so we can play tonight?

#2249 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I haven't been able to actually accomplish this yet, but with Black Panther (and some other Avengers) scoring 2x on their shot when they're at Level 2 it seems like you could put the Soul Stone there and then any Soul Stone jackpot should be worth pretty big points. Leveling up Captain America to 2x scoring could probably be pretty big for Black Order Multiball super jackpots too.

I guess with the structure of the game it seems like ideally you might want to level up all Avengers first, get the Soul Stone, and then collect all the gems and Soul Stone jackpots, but I don't know for sure. Just my interpretation of it so far.

#2250 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

loving this game so far, was wondering if anyone is having issues with the ball jumping off the rail when it gets shot around real fast. seems to jump off a lot. thanks.

Yes, look in the key posts for the easy fix - just a small bend of the rail is needed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/22#post-5899526

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball
Pinball Machine
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ghent, WV
7,899 (OBO)
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/45?hl=breger1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.