04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 255.
#2151 3 years ago

No, no, no...It's an AIQ NOT GnR ! I'm 45 minutes away from Stern, so I hope they can figure it out.

Why hasn't my phone rang?!?

#2152 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, same thing has happened to me a couple times in multiball where two balls get together between two fingers in the subway and the game loses track of them, then I drain and it takes a few cycles of ball search to find it. The balls get kicked apart from each other and then they march toward the VUK to come into play. I haven't seen it actually happen to notice if it's an issue with a ball scooting around a finger or a timing thing. Happened again last night too.
I'm really, really having fun playing this game. Had a game last night where I got 5 gems and over 500M. Brought 2 portal locks into at least two of the quests and had the Soul Gem early too but screwed up my shots trying to collect any Soul Gem jackpots or my score would have been a lot more. It's a lot of fun deciding where to put gems based on what you've already got and what you're thinking about going for next. And don't even get me started about how great it feels to shoot so many smooth 3 and 4 shot combos during a game.

EaglePin I watched my wife play this last night and I found the issue with the 2 balls getting stuck in the subway. It happens when there is at least 1 ball already in a portal lock, then you shoot the Dr strange portal again and if the ball is moving too fast it will scoot around the first "tooth" and sit right next to the 2nd ball causing the game to go into 4-5 ball searches again... I just emailed my distributor about this as new code will not fix this, we would need a new Subway/VUK mech to address both issues.

I'll keep everyone posted when I hear back about the solution.

#2153 3 years ago

That's enough for me, i'm going to try to wriggle out of my deposit and maybe move it to an air hockey table. Too many design and QC issues for a $12,500 bet for me. I just can't understand that they can release a mech that doesn't function properly. let alone all the QC issues with machines being ticked off when they are not assembled properly. I've bought my last Stern NIB with Deadpool until i'm satisfied the QC has improved.

Good news for you guys as it means my chicken little voice will not be heard here anymore. I'll ring my disributor today.

#2154 3 years ago

Just get a Pro instead. It's a fair bit cheaper and you still get all the gameplay, but without the troublesome subway (which doesn't add much to the game anyway). You lost the cool CM ramp, but a 2nd spinner is a good consolation prize.

#2155 3 years ago

Easiest pro decision I’ve seen in a while. And really, all Elwins Pros are great.

#2156 3 years ago

Maybe i'll buy a premium down the track that's had the bugs worked out of it, but if i can't have the cool ramp i don't want an Avengers, the theme doesn't do it for me, the ramps do.

#2157 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Easiest pro decision I’ve seen in a while. And really, all Elwins Pros are great.

I agree. I'm usually a Premium buyer, but the AIQ Pro doesn't feel stripped down at all (the only interesting feature to me as the Captain Marvel ramp). I've been told Stern hasn't been building many AIQ Premiums...they are focusing much more on Pro production.

#2158 3 years ago

Not surprised by that at all.

#2159 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

eaglepin I watched my wife play this last night and I found the issue with the 2 balls getting stuck in the subway. It happens when there is at least 1 ball already in a portal lock, then you shoot the Dr strange portal again and if the ball is moving too fast it will scoot around the first "tooth" and sit right next to the 2nd ball causing the game to go into 4-5 ball searches again... I just emailed my distributor about this as new code will not fix this, we would need a new Subway/VUK mech to address both issues.

Anyone with a 3D printer able to print some teeth extensions for the subway to stop the balls being able to hope over them?

Code can fix the 2nd ball going into the VUK issue but not the ball hoping,

#2160 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

eaglepin I watched my wife play this last night and I found the issue with the 2 balls getting stuck in the subway. It happens when there is at least 1 ball already in a portal lock, then you shoot the Dr strange portal again and if the ball is moving too fast it will scoot around the first "tooth" and sit right next to the 2nd ball causing the game to go into 4-5 ball searches again... I just emailed my distributor about this as new code will not fix this, we would need a new Subway/VUK mech to address both issues.

Sounds good, thanks. Maybe using washers to shim the angle of the subway a little bit one way or the other might work to prevent the ball from scooting around it? I thought I remember someone posting about trying something like awhile ago. Could be worth a try.

#2161 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Which way did it roll around the finger (above it or below it from the player's view)? This might not be ideal of course, but could small cabinet bumpers that we use to prevent stuck balls be put there to force the ball to roll against the finger and stop instead of going around? Just an idea.

#2162 3 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

I’m in the LE CLUB !!!
What an amazing machine ... love it!
[quoted image]

Now you need blue T-mouldingfor DeadPool and yellow T-moulding for Avengers!

#2163 3 years ago

Replaced the black T-molding with chrome...I like it much better.

PXL_20201028_192559269 (resized).jpgPXL_20201028_192559269 (resized).jpgPXL_20201028_194824938 (resized).jpgPXL_20201028_194824938 (resized).jpg
#2164 3 years ago

Quick update. I was able to iron out a lot of the problems I was having. Only one left is the main wireform. Thanks to everyone who helped.

#2165 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Quick update. I was able to iron out a lot of the problems I was having. Only one left is the main wireform. Thanks to everyone who helped.

What pitch did you land at? I imagine that could have a big impact on this game. My premium arrives tomorrow, and I hope to get it dialed in sooner than later!

#2166 3 years ago

Well as rodney7 rude sang, it was over before it began. Out of the club before i've even seen a machine and will be a proud new owner of an air hockey table instead.

#2167 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well as rodney7 rude sang, it was over before it began. Out of the club before i've even seen a machine and will be a proud new owner of an air hockey table instead.

Sad to see you go before you officially joined, was it an LE or Premium you where in for? If it was a premium then it’s easy to wait for the fixes in later runs.

Are you still going for that GnR LE?

#2168 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Which way did it roll around the finger (above it or below it from the player's view)? This might not be ideal of course, but could small cabinet bumpers that we use to prevent stuck balls be put there to force the ball to roll against the finger and stop instead of going around? Just an idea.

The ball rolled below it from the players view. It just came in super hot and the first finger could not stop it.

My distributor already got back to me and said they forwarded my email to Pablo at Stern. I'm confident Stern will come up with a solution. If enough of us voice the problem then they will find a solve for the issue. I'm still super happy with the premium version. The portal lock/subway and captain marvel shot easily justify my decision on spending up.

#2169 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I agree. I'm usually a Premium buyer, but the AIQ Pro doesn't feel stripped down at all (the only interesting feature to me as the Captain Marvel ramp). I've been told Stern hasn't been building many AIQ Premiums...they are focusing much more on Pro production.

Thats interesting because Zach Meny said on his podcast that he was selling Premiums over Pros 5 to 1 and he's a huge distributor... Seems to be conflicting data.

#2170 3 years ago

Premium, yes can't wait for the Gunners, no trepidation at all on that one. It was the subway design that bothered me, not the code updates. Also the shocking version of what passes for QC at Stern atm. Machines should not be leaving the factory floor and being delivered to people who then have to do alterations just so they can get the glass off to fix the other faults.

I'll be happy to pick one up down the track after it's been played and the bugs fixed, but i'm a player, not a tech.

#2171 3 years ago

How much does it cost to pay someone to keep your 21 games playing properly?

Quoted from punkin:

but i'm a player, not a tech.

#2172 3 years ago

Joined the club with LE #442 (still waiting on my pro for location). We’re having a blast playing and learning the rules. A special guest put up that 1.377B game, he blew AIQ up. He got to Black Order Battle Royal and had 6 gems. Thanos wizard mode did not start. End of ball bonus was crazy high.

Items to note:
We had two fix the subway, reverse ramp and three sticky-balls.

Game is on factory settings for solenoid strength, .92 code with bubble between the two lines, level side to side.

Subway - ball would get stuck (1 of 20) times after last finger / right before VUK. The plastic trough long middle hole did not have the taper you see on other playfield switch grooves. See how your in-lane switch playfield hikes have a taper at the end of the groove? The subway doesn’t. I lifted playfield, removed VUK mech and used a small round file to cut same groove used in Playfields. Fixed.

Reserve ramp - Ball was flying off reserve r ramp (full plunge ramp) most the time. as someone suggested, simply bent the wire run end piece toward the back of cab - fixed.

Stucky ball 1 - between Avenger Building and pop bumper (picture). Had to remove glass to release. I added a small piece of adhesive rubber - the type you may find in a car door seal. Fixed.

Stucky ball 2 - as you know, some full plunges or auto plunges get a little crazy. The ball would wedge between Thanos Gauntlet and the plastic. Had to remove glass to release. Used same automotive adhesive rubber to stop it. Fixed.

Stucky ball 3 - skill shot roll over. Ball sticks on rollover. Appears insert needs to be pounded upward. Since these inserts are not put in place until after clear coat and decals, they sometimes not inserted far enough. Pounded in slightly from under playfield - fixed.

Love the game. Great job Keith and Stern crew. Okay, back to playing IAQ.

034CCAC1-78CA-4AE5-81AB-629FA668CEBB (resized).jpeg034CCAC1-78CA-4AE5-81AB-629FA668CEBB (resized).jpeg0F8A0798-5F36-49A1-BDF0-465F051A8EA2 (resized).jpeg0F8A0798-5F36-49A1-BDF0-465F051A8EA2 (resized).jpeg1C3CE9E2-E430-4653-99A6-C24883D39DD5 (resized).jpeg1C3CE9E2-E430-4653-99A6-C24883D39DD5 (resized).jpegE89CAB32-FEFA-42E6-876A-353342C140F6 (resized).jpegE89CAB32-FEFA-42E6-876A-353342C140F6 (resized).jpeg
#2173 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Premium, yes can't wait for the Gunners, no trepidation at all on that one. It was the subway design that bothered me, not the code updates. Also the shocking version of what passes for QC at Stern atm. Machines should not be leaving the factory floor and being delivered to people who then have to do alterations just so they can get the glass off to fix the other faults.
I'll be happy to pick one up down the track after it's been played and the bugs fixed, but i'm a player, not a tech.

I hope you get a good GnR with no playfield issue, ultimately that’s what we all want a game that looks great and plays great out the box and stays that way for some time.

#2174 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

That's enough for me, i'm going to try to wriggle out of my deposit and maybe move it to an air hockey table. Too many design and QC issues for a $12,500 bet for me.

I’m out too. Paid in full September 2nd for a premium. Hearing about balls getting stuck on playfield ( watched Gary Stern talk about this on his pro with Jack Danger with no solution at the present) optos inop, Subway issues (my biggest concern), I changed my order to a JJP Wonka LE. My distributor had 1 Wonka LE (only title out that my wife really liked) left so just transferred the order, yay!

I may get Avengers next year if/when all the issues are worked out. Worked out great buying a JP premium late in production so who knows.

#2175 3 years ago

Y'all got me thinking about abandoning ship on the AIQ Premium! I could always switch out to TMNT Pro or JP Pro as I've wanted both for a while now...

Honestly couldn't care less about the subway on AIQ and if it's giving no end of problems still, it might be worth the switch.

#2176 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I’m out too. Paid in full September 2nd for a premium. Hearing about balls getting stuck on playfield ( watched Gary Stern talk about this on his pro with Jack Danger with no solution at the present) optos inop, Subway issues (my biggest concern), I changed my order to a JJP Wonka LE. My distributor had 1 Wonka LE (only title out that my wife really liked) left so just transferred the order, yay!
I may get Avengers next year if/when all the issues are worked out. Worked out great buying a JP premium late in production so who knows.

That’s too bad, my LE has been pretty much perfect. Only issue I had was a couple of opto plugs reversed. No stuck balls, no subway issues, fun game.

#2177 3 years ago

I have a premium built Oct 13th and haven’t had any issues, plays great right out of the box. No pooling Playfield looks great.

#2178 3 years ago

I have an LE. Perfect out of the box. Zero issues and zero adjustments. Plays perfect.

#2179 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

How much does it cost to pay someone to keep your 21 games playing properly?

I have a mate who's a tech, he works on my games but won't take cash. So we work out where i can shout him to a show or something every now and then. Yes it costs money to keep them going, if i didn't have money i wouldn't have bought 20 games in 18 months.

I'm mid fifties and the remaining brain cells i have are being squandered on drugs and alcohol, not in learning a bunch of new trades.

#2180 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

I have an LE. Perfect out of the box. Zero issues and zero adjustments. Plays perfect.

Same here, LE with zero issues.

#2181 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Y'all got me thinking about abandoning ship on the AIQ Premium! I could always switch out to TMNT Pro or JP Pro as I've wanted both for a while now...
Honestly couldn't care less about the subway on AIQ and if it's giving no end of problems still, it might be worth the switch.

The game has only been in customer hands for a couple weeks now. These things are mechanical and some will have issues.

Not sure if Covid restrictions played any role in not being able to "test" machines on location before full release or not and work out some of the "bugs".

I'm confident Stern and/or the pinball community (myself included) will be able to work through any problems and come up with solutions. Sure all of us would rather not have issues, but sometimes it happens.

#2182 3 years ago

Premium here with zero issues. Really enjoying it so far! Best new title I’ve played in many years with room to get better. Everyone has different tastes. You never know if you’re going to like the game it until you try it. If you like hitting ramps, not mastering a game in the first week, and amazing artwork you will likely enjoy AIQ!

#2183 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I got my Premium Monday, and it has been perfect out of the box. Zero issues.

#2184 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Just adjust the 2 habit trails so the ball passes freely under. Did it to mine, easy fix.
there are only two other ball traps I know about, I just fix them with these things.
amazon.com link »
be nice if stern had a guard there, but those rubber nub things work fine.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for that link and the idea. Works like a charm.
I was also having issues with the ball getting wedged above the top left pop bumper
Every 4 to 5 games or so - annoying
I took one of you nubs, cut about 20% off one side and dropped it in there ... so far so good!

IMG_9786 (resized).jpgIMG_9786 (resized).jpgIMG_9787 (resized).jpgIMG_9787 (resized).jpg
#2185 3 years ago

Ive had my premium since friday and its flawless. Nothing to fix and the playfield is perfect. I think as with most things in life the vocal minority are the ones reporting problems and its not the majority of owners.

I remember looking up online a surgery it was suggested I have. Nothing but terrible experiences I read about online which had me scared. But I then thought to myself if my surgery went well would I go to a forum to tell everyone it went fine? No. Might be same effect here.

#2186 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

My premium has been perfect but I cant fault you for wanting a wonka. I got mine last month and Love it to death. Great shots, amazing lightshow, fun game. My only issue with it is shots into the pops frequently result in sdtm drains(much like avengers!).

#2187 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Interesting how different some of these issues are. Mine is 100% software/code related
Starts the same as your issue, ball already in subway, then drop another in the portal
My issue is the last ball that drops in the portal is given one too many "stops" and instead of stopping to the left of the last set of fingers, it is delivered very purposefully toward the VUK, which (of course) it cant enter because there is already a ball there

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/40#post-5928522

#2188 3 years ago

I'm a happy owner of a aiq pro. I have some airballs flying around in the pin. After checking the spinning disc, I observed that the disc ring was not screwed down properly and the disc was not same level with the playfield causing this airballs.

I adjusted the disc and screwed down the ring. After that disc was not registering anymore.

So I adjusted the sensor pcb und the playfield at the disc axle.

I had to repeat the adjustment of the sensor pcb a few times until it worked.

Keep fingers crossed that this is solved now.

Hope this helps someone.

20201028_234120 (resized).jpg20201028_234120 (resized).jpg20201028_234128 (resized).jpg20201028_234128 (resized).jpg
#2189 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

My premium has been perfect but I cant fault you for wanting a wonka. I got mine last month and Love it to death. Great shots, amazing lightshow, fun game. My only issue with it is shots into the pops frequently result in sdtm drains(much like avengers!)

I’m glad to hear it won’t be a bad switch! Sadly I’m already looking at mods for it. From the videos I’ve seen, it looks great, Course so does avengers. But at least I still have Elwin’s JP premium which has been rock solid since I took it out of the box.

Will be my first dive into a JJP. It wasn’t an easy switch, but since I grew up loving the movie, it was easier. Like most posts, the fault issues get yelled the loudest just like forums for cars, etc. If the fun factor is there, and as I see avengers progress, I may buy this pin later on.

#2190 3 years ago

How many of you are able to beat Proxima Midnight? That's the battle/quest I'm currently working on.

#2191 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

How many of you are able to beat Proxima Midnight? That's the battle/quest I'm currently working on.

Man that one is Brutal
!

#2192 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Replaced the black T-molding with chrome...I like it much better.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think chrome or yellow definitely a step up.....I'd go yellow, but my XMen magneto right next to it has chrome....this is a toughy for me....(ordered both)

Happy to say my LE has played flawless out of the box, and build quality if fine. They did mix my LE# up, but already taking care of that. Playfield is excellent...the thing I care about most.

#2193 3 years ago

My premium arrived today. Only issue so far is the shooting rod needs to be aligned properly.

#2194 3 years ago

I’ve been quiet this week also-this game is flipping well. Due for a wipe down and maybe pit the rest of the titans in.

#2195 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Thanks for that link and the idea.

Glad the nubs worked for you. I use them on every game with ball traps, they work great and come off with no ill effects.
Saved me from lots of location play grief.

Quoted from chuckcasey:

Stucky ball 3 - skill shot roll over. Ball sticks on rollover. Appears insert needs to be pounded upward. Since these inserts are not put in place until after clear coat and decals, they sometimes not inserted far enough. Pounded in slightly from under playfield - fixed.

The roll over insert is adjustable (up/down) if it's the one I'm thinking about. It was the same thing in Beatles. I'm not aware of any other inserts that aren't level with the playfield. pain the butt to unscrew the plastic housing though.

#2196 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I hope you get a good GnR with no playfield issue, ultimately that’s what we all want a game that looks great and plays great out the box and stays that way for some time.

Would you get all your GNR promotion out of this thread! We don’t care about your GNR love fest. Go to the GNR thread and quit posting here, unless its about AIQ. Knock it off matie. (Sheesh, you JJP fanboys take the cake and never let up.)

#2197 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Would you get all your GNR promotion out of this thread! We don’t care about your GNR love fest. Go to the GNR thread and quit posting here, unless its about AIQ. Knock it off matie. (Sheesh, you JJP fanboys take the cake and never let up.)

Wishing a fellow member of our hobby who was in on AIQ but dropping out due to his concerns over QC but staying in on arguably the bigger QC risk, especially at the minute when it comes to playfield quality, isn’t promotion or a love fest.

And just to clarify I’m saying JJP would be a much bigger worry for me than Stern. Wishing someone well and that they get a good issue free game regardless of the manufacturer, is simply not wanting to see anyone get screwed over on a game with miserable QC, even you Brent!

#2198 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wishing a fellow member of our hobby who was in on AIQ but dropping out due to his concerns over QC but staying in on arguably the bigger QC risk, especially at the minute when it comes to playfield quality, isn’t promotion or a love fest.
Its simply not wanting to see anyone get screwed over on a game with miserable QC, even you Brent!

Fair enough, but it didn’t seem that way from your comments about GNR. I have nothing against GNR, just think owners club threads should stay on topic.

Bond (you got the B right, lol)

#2199 3 years ago

Something that should be pointed out in these owners threads, is that we come here looking for solutions to mostly minor problems. Pinside gives us this forum to help crowd source the issues that are there. Many owners do not have the issues and the owners thread looks like the pin is nothing but problems. Do not take these posts as there is a widespread issues with AIQ.

I have an LE and I have only experienced 3 problems. The ball flying off the ramp was easily fixed. The opto on the gauntlet ramp was fixed by PinMonk giving me advice. I have the issue with 2 balls locked in the subway; I am looking forward to the community figuring a fix.

IMO the owner threads give me confidence to buy a pin knowing that if there are issues I have a resource to help me.

#2200 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Something that should be pointed out in these owners threads, is that we come here looking for solutions to mostly minor problems. Pinside gives us this forum to help crowd source the issues that are there. Many owners do not have the issues and the owners thread looks like the pin is nothing but problems. Do not take these post's as there is a widespread issues with AIQ.
I have an LE and I have only experienced 3 problems. The ball flying off the ramp was easily fixed. The opto on the gauntlet ramp was fixed by vireland giving me advice. I have the issue with 2 balls locked in the subway; I am looking forward to the community figuring a fix.
IMO the owner threads give me confidence to buy a pin knowing that if there are issues I have a resource to help me.

Agreed. QC issues are way overrated for the most part and usually minor. I just received for example a TMNT with zero issues and several before that, with zero issues, like a JPLE. I anticipate zero issues with my AIQ when it arrives. Stern has really stepped up for the most part their QC imo, from Munsters going forward. Reading the TMNT thread before I received TMNT had me worried about numerous issues, which none of them were the case on the machine I received. Think it also has to do with an excellent distributor we have here in Oz that goes through each one before we receive them and then repackages to factory standards. Good job AMD!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/44?hl=anago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.