IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 256.
#2101 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Noticing some wear one both edges of the Ant-Man (mystery) scoop.
Anyone have any ideas for protection on this? Was thinking mylar, or reaching out to Cliff to get some small edge protectors made.
Also, anyone finding the cheap SDTM drains from the pops infuriating. I'm really enjoying the game except for this. Feels even cheap, and less nudgeable than the pop drop in TWD!

FWIW, that’s Very rare for that to happen on my game. Assuming you are level ...

I’ll bet it doesn’t happen as a percent of center drains even 10% of the time

#2102 3 years ago

I knew this would happen. My distributor wanted to deliver my premium today. Well today is the one day I'm out of town getting some tattoo work done. Maybe they will deliver tomorrow.

#2103 3 years ago

Anyone have any ideas for protection on this? Was thinking mylar, or reaching out to Cliff to get some small edge protectors made.
Also, anyone finding the cheap SDTM drains from the pops infuriating. I'm really enjoying the game except for this. Feels even cheap, and less nudgeable than the pop drop in TWD!

1. I haven't noticed any wear on the ant man scoop after about 100 plays. Cliff is currently getting his "basic protection" set right now. Once he's done with that he said he would work on the scoops and spinner.

2. I've had a few SDTM drains from the Captain America shots. You really have to nudge the machine as soon as it comes out of the pops in over to avoid drains. This still isn't a bad as the balls getting stuck in the Subway/VUK.

#2104 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

This is my first Elwin game and I love it so much. never played IM and only have about 20 plays on a JP Pro. Im kind of wavering on my GnR LE pre order and thinking about JP Premium.....

Go play a JP ASAP You'll fall in love 100%

#2105 3 years ago

I think Cliffy already has them.

#2106 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

This doohickey broke off, so I went to settings and bypassed the portal/subway lock. I think the game might actually be more fun this way. The gauntlet ramp becomes the portal shot with a lot less waiting time. Plus, no need to worry about the inevitable something going wrong with the rising disc. Now I need cool inserts for the subway windows.
[quoted image]

no need to disable any settings .. my "do hickey" broke off and i just keep on playing ..i think the software is built to recognize when it isnt working or just works anyway.

Also willing to admit that it plays better without it . not sure if that will always be the case with code updates , but its unfortunate.

Dont hold your breath waiting for the replacement.

#2107 3 years ago

Yep, I think even just by glancing at the layout it's evident that can be a potentially dangerous exit spot at any pitch even if the machine is level.

I started hitting the Captain America shot pretty pure last night and had the ball really whipping the other direction out of Hulk pretty fast a few times. That got a bit hairy too.

Haven't had wear at Ant Man yet but I'd think a little bit of mylar on the rim of it would do the trick pretty easily. Similar to protecting a shooter lane.

#2108 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

When trying to obtain the Soul Gem, the Captain Marvel shot needs to be adjusted from Stern. This is shot #6. When I rip my Captain Marvel spinner I can usually get 35 spins off of it. I notice when I'm battling for the Soul Gem when I hit this shot it usually will take 2 shots to complete and move onto shot #7.

I think it’s set high as that shot can be backhanded on the pro making it an easier shot.

#2109 3 years ago

Not me.
My infuriating SDTM drains are coming down the right orbit. If you under-shoot the skillshot, or the ball just happens to hang up and roll back down the right edge, it's a kiss off the rubber and you can SDTM or double danger. Every. Single. Time.

#2110 3 years ago

I was surprised there wasnt a metal bracket around that hole. Needs a cliffy.

The SDTM out of the pops is really my only frustration point with this game. Im wondering if putting a bigger rubber on one of those posts would help. My two newest games have this issue. Wonka and Avengers. Pops are death sdtm many times.

#2111 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Not me.
My infuriating SDTM drains are coming down the right orbit. If you under-shoot the skillshot, or the ball just happens to hang up and roll back down the right edge, it's a kiss off the rubber and you can SDTM or double danger. Every. Single. Time.

I try to nudge a bit on all of those orbit exits, especially slow ones, right when the ball will touch that rubber, to get it to the left flipper..

If you miss that, would need a major jolt to save..

#2112 3 years ago

For some reason I can’t download .92 update. I’ve done this on multiple machines two dozen times and for some reason it’s not a file that any of my computers can read after the download. I downloaded the .91 and had no issues.

#2113 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

They need to adjust it maybe down to 20 spins to complete on the Pro. I'm guessing it's set somewhere around 35.

For the Marvel shot, it's a 30 spins to 1 ramp hit ratio.

Quoted from Yesh23:

The reason I say this is because on the Premium all you need to hit is the ramp shot and any shot that you're hitting solid would go up the ramp so it needs adjusted on the Pro.

Most of the time, but ramp rejects only hitting the opto won't award the lit shot, so you can complete it on the Pro even with slower spins compared to no progress on the Prem/LE with rejected ramp shots.

Yep, it's my only geometry complaint for the table. I can see it coming and feels like there's not much I can do about it without tilting. I thought the drop on Hot Wheels was bad, I take it back now. Keeps us on our toes, I guess. Seems Elwin likes to throw one of these in on his tables now.

Quoted from EaglePin:

...when a gem is placed on the computer grid (Vision) is it just limited to only having its base power or am I missing a way to use a higher level gem power at Vision?

Placing a gem on the Vision and Marvel shots have fixed effects since you can't level up either of the two Avengers.

#2114 3 years ago

I've experimented with some of the power settings to address a few issues I've had. My table is level side-to-side, but I'm intentionally leaving out my pitch degree because I'd like to find a good baseline that works regardless of pitch if possible. My goal is minimum viable power settings with consistent success:

Trough eject to 175 - Help avoid lane chipping. No reason to blast the ball eject into the right shooter lane plate, this seems to get the job done with no second eject attempts required.

Both lower flipper strengths to 248 - Trying to avoid or reduce flipper fade after long play times. I used the three ramps as a litmus test and this setting seems to work well for me. At 245 the right flipper struggled to make the left (Black Widow) ramp, and the left flipper had almost no slack on the cleanliness of any ramp shots. 248 seems to be past the point of struggle for both flippers.

Auto-launch power to 250 - Auto-launched balls always fell short of the back ramp and dumped into the pop area. It's counter-intuitive, although lowering the power I get very consistent launches that go all the way around to the right flipper now. I believe at 255 the ball loses too much momentum hitting the rail below the gauntlet (And occasionally airballing off the launch ramp into the gauntlet) to make it up the back ramp.

Reduce subway traversal delay to 600 ms - This is purely patience driven to speed up and smooth out the subway's pacing. I may have an upgraded subway mechanism, so this setting may not work for everyone. I tried 500 ms, although I had one instance where two balls ended up in the second lock position. This was before installing .92, so I may experiment with faster speeds again.

#2115 3 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

For some reason I can’t download .92 update. I’ve done this on multiple machines two dozen times and for some reason it’s not a file that any of my computers can read after the download. I downloaded the .91 and had no issues.

If it helps, you don't need to unzip the file, just download it on your memory stick (that is clean) and pop it in your game.

#2116 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Go play a JP ASAP You'll fall in love 100%

I have about 20 plays on a PRO last year on location. I really liked it and tried to order a premium this year but they are hard to find. Settled for a tmnt le.

#2117 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

I think it’s set high as that shot can be backhanded on the pro making it an easier shot.

Yes. I still think it's set a bit too high from Stern. I've battled for Soul Gem about 20 times out of 100 games I've played and I can only remember 2 times where I completed that shot with 1 hit and the other 6+ times, it required 2 hits. A few of those times were from a backhand and I realize that I didn't have enough spins too complete but a few times I thought I ripped the spinner and it didn't register. I hit the shot again and it registered almost instantly which leads me to believe it requires around 35 spins and maybe I had 34 spins with the first hit. When I rip the spinner it registers anywhere between 30 and 40 spins.

#2118 3 years ago

It arrived this morning. No clue how these rules work. The subway really needs a mirror blade. I’m 6’6” and have to lean way over the game to see what’s going on down there. So far everything seems to be working properly. Fingers crossed. I think my 3 year old might be a little scared of Thanos.

58F80880-1B43-4E56-A1BA-13E32E2C2A16 (resized).jpeg58F80880-1B43-4E56-A1BA-13E32E2C2A16 (resized).jpegA7051DC4-D1A0-4C88-B8D6-21AB8EE4D4D8 (resized).jpegA7051DC4-D1A0-4C88-B8D6-21AB8EE4D4D8 (resized).jpeg
#2119 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It arrived this morning. No clue how these rules work. The subway really needs a mirror blade. I’m 6’6” and have to lean way over the game to see what’s going on down there. So far everything seems to be working properly. Fingers crossed. I think my 3 year old might be a little scared of Thanos.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great nice collection. I found your comment funny with your son standing by the Walking Dead pin but he's scared of Thanos. Maybe just tell him Thanos is a zombie and he'll be good.

#2120 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Do you have pics of your sorcerer anywhere? Love comparing others to mine.

#2121 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Looks great nice collection. I found your comment funny with your son standing by the Walking Dead pin but he's scared of Thanos. Maybe just tell him Thanos is a zombie and he'll be good.

He has no problem with TWD. It’s the deep voice of Thanos. And when you start a game he threatens you. He’s afraid to play it, but likes playing TWD.

#2122 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Do you have pics of your sorcerer anywhere? Love comparing others to mine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils?tu=vicjw66

There are some in the Sorcerer thread. The playfield was sent to John Greatwich for restoration.

#2123 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils?tu=vicjw66
There are some in the Sorcerer thread. The playfield was sent to John Greatwich for restoration.

Thanks mate, mine also has a Greatwich playfield.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-save-a-sorcerer-or-how-to-spend-3000-on-a-1200-machine

#2124 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I put a mirror in mine without attaching it to see what it's like. The game is off so it's a little dark.

AIQ trough mirror (resized).jpgAIQ trough mirror (resized).jpg
#2125 3 years ago

Tight Glass Fix.... Looks like we simply need to back out these wood screws and insert thin washers between the cabinet and the glass channel holder. Just the slightest amount of space would likely solve our issue.

IMG_4931 (resized).jpgIMG_4931 (resized).jpg
#2126 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I put a mirror in mine without attaching it to see what it's like. The game is off so it's a little dark.[quoted image]

I’m not really seeing the point of the subway mech. It seems over complicated. You can’t see the balls traveling through the teeth very well, so what is the point? Why not just have it work like a ball trough?

#2127 3 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Tight Glass Fix.... Looks like we simply need to back out these wood screws and insert thin washers between the cabinet and the glass channel holder. Just the slightest amount of space would likely solve our issue.
[quoted image]

Stern could have done that before they sent it out like that then?

#2128 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I’m not really seeing the point of the subway mech. It seems over complicated. You can’t see the balls traveling through the teeth very well, so what is the point? Why not just have it work like a ball trough?

I can see the top half or so of the balls that are in there, but that window should be larger so you can really see better.

#2129 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Stern could have done that before they sent it out like that then?

Yes, I asked how these incredibly tight PF glass fittings weren't caught at the factory. Oh well.

#2130 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Just my thoughts, but I think it's nice to have a ball lock that isn't taking up room on the playfield so it maybe allows for more room to work with in the shot designs on the playfield. And if you're going to have a ball lock underground, why not maybe try to liven it up and innovate a bit with a mech that lets you see balls progress through it?

I'm guessing its a fine line designers have to walk between using the same old mechs vs. taking a bit of a risk in developing a new one to keep things interesting. And probably no matter what route they choose probably 1/2 of people will wish it were different somehow. Unfortunately that sometimes will mean there are issues with the new mech. I'd bet on them being able to resolve the issues on this one though.

#2131 3 years ago

Good points EaglePin. Personally, I do like the subway but it has also caused a minor hiccup during multiball on my example with the ball sitting on the far right side by the vuk. It can always be nudged forward fairly easily.

I’ve emailed Pablo at Stern explaining the issue & included a pic of where the ball occasionally sticks. He has escalated to their engineers.
As others have mentioned in earlier posts, my hope is that it’s software related & an update will remedy the problem. It’s only during multiball that this has happened on my example.

It’s quite a punishing game- the outlanes can be deadly.
Still, my family is really enjoying the fast, frenetic gameplay.

#2132 3 years ago

Not me.

Same

#2133 3 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

Make sure your plugin is formatted for FST32. I had this issue when i first tried.

#2134 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Good points EaglePin. Personally, I do like the subway but it has also caused a minor hiccup during multiball on my example with the ball sitting on the far right side by the vuk. It can always be nudged forward fairly easily.
I’ve emailed Pablo at Stern explaining the issue & included a pic of where the ball occasionally sticks. He has escalated to their engineers.
As others have mentioned in earlier posts, my hope is that it’s software related & an update will remedy the problem. It’s only during multiball that this has happened on my example.
It’s quite a punishing game- the outlanes can be deadly.
Still, my family is really enjoying the fast, frenetic gameplay.

Yep, same thing has happened to me a couple times in multiball where two balls get together between two fingers in the subway and the game loses track of them, then I drain and it takes a few cycles of ball search to find it. The balls get kicked apart from each other and then they march toward the VUK to come into play. I haven't seen it actually happen to notice if it's an issue with a ball scooting around a finger or a timing thing. Happened again last night too.

I'm really, really having fun playing this game. Had a game last night where I got 5 gems and over 500M. Brought 2 portal locks into at least two of the quests and had the Soul Gem early too but screwed up my shots trying to collect any Soul Gem jackpots or my score would have been a lot more. It's a lot of fun deciding where to put gems based on what you've already got and what you're thinking about going for next. And don't even get me started about how great it feels to shoot so many smooth 3 and 4 shot combos during a game.

#2135 3 years ago

well finally beat the soul gem mode for first time, that was a thrill. Of course I drained right away on balls 2 and 3 and ended up just beating my previous best by a few thousand. my GC is 113.5m.

#2136 3 years ago

Not me.

Had the same issue. My fix was to unscrew the post to the left if your facing them and try to secure it down while pulling it toward you. This helps the rubber stick out just a bit more. I also pushed in the ball guide just slightly. Now the ball bounces to my left flipper, like it did in the reveal video with Keith, every time. Hope this helps because it’s frustrating, I know.

#2137 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

That’s funny my grandkids were afraid of the Black Knight. They wouldn’t go into the game room so I sold it.

#2138 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or that cabinet is slightly out of square, or the glass channel plastic was put on just slightly off.

Glass channel most likely.

#2139 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Haven't seen anyone else post about this yet, but I've had it 3 times playing on site.

I had this one time and hoped it was something that wouldn’t happen on location. There is no way to fix it other than remove the glass.

CEFAD96F-C4E9-48C2-8318-48232C80ABA3 (resized).jpegCEFAD96F-C4E9-48C2-8318-48232C80ABA3 (resized).jpeg
#2140 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Someone show me a different answer but I've experienced this since day one and here is what I see:
- never happens with a single ball moving thru the subway
- ALWAYS happens when 2 or more balls moving thru subway
- the ball sits just to the right of the last set of fingers and can only be nudged into dropping into the VUK (takes quite a jolt to move it)
I watched it happen twice during gameplay and here's what I see
- 2 balls in subway, and they are moving via the fingers toward the VUK
- First ball drops to the VUK and THE SECOND BALL is being guided toward the VUK by the code as if the first ball is not even already sitting in the VUK
- The fingers continue to guide that second ball PAST the last set of fingers, where normally, they would hold the ball at the second to last set of fingers so as to provide enough of a a rolling start to allow that second ball to drop into the VUK when the fingers lift.
- With the second ball moved PAST the last set of fingers, there is no rolling momentum created because that second ball is sitting (touching actually) the first ball while its still sitting there in the VUK waiting for ejection onto the rail.
So ...
- That second ball parks itself at the end of the subway
- The first ball then pops out of the VUK and the second ball languishes there, until you drain the ball that exited the VUK
- Then, we all know what happens, the game goes into ball search
Seems like this is an easy code fix?
-
Pic is where the second ball "sits" AFTER the first ball has exited the VUK
[quoted image]

I am still in this club as well. I switched the balls thinking they had become magnetized but that wasn’t a fix. It almost seems like the ball is resting on something inside the channel. I feel like the channel is tilted enough to make the ball roll even if it is the last one. I am starting to suspect that the metal fingers don’t retract enough to let the ball move??

I would love a fix because as is you end up cheating the game without even knowing.

#2141 3 years ago

It appears it’s getting stuck in the slot of the last finger. Cover the bottom half of it with Mylar. Should still be plenty of room for the finger to move up and down and the ball won’t get caught there. Same issue as Flight 2k sometimes.

#2142 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Had the same issue. My fix was to unscrew the post to the left if your facing them and try to secure it down while pulling it toward you. This helps the rubber stick out just a bit more. I also pushed in the ball guide just slightly. Now the ball bounces to my left flipper, like it did in the reveal video with Keith, every time. Hope this helps because it’s frustrating, I know.

Thanks, I may mess with that.
I wonder if anyone makes a thicker post rubber with the same inner diameter that would accomplish the same thing. Might be worth a try also

#2143 3 years ago

I’ve noticed when I get portal lock and the ball locks then the next time I get the gem quest it will eject both balls. There is no ball save so I know it’s not a multi ball. Any thoughts?

#2144 3 years ago

The portal locks are for the gem quests; that behavior sounds normal if you're getting multiball at the start of the quest. Are you sure there is no ballsaver? Is it disabled in adjustments?

#2145 3 years ago

Just received tracking for my Premium from my distributor! Patiently awaiting the call from FedEx and hoping for delivery tomorrow or Friday!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2146 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

Just received tracking for my Premium from my distributor! Patiently awaiting the call from FedEx and hoping for delivery tomorrow or Friday!![quoted image]

FEDEX strangely required a 24 hour notice once they called to set up delivery. So, once they do call you might need to wait a day. Patience!

#2147 3 years ago

In the club!

20201028_104448 (resized).jpg20201028_104448 (resized).jpg
#2148 3 years ago

My wife just asked me why an Avengers game has Worf from star trek talking about trophies.

Can't un-hear that now...

#2149 3 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

I’ve noticed when I get portal lock and the ball locks then the next time I get the gem quest it will eject both balls. There is no ball save so I know it’s not a multi ball. Any thoughts?

In v.91 of the premium, some of the multiball gem quest ball saves are either nonexistent, or so short they end by the time all the balls are ejected. Seemed to vary by mode. I know at least a couple times I insta-drained out a multi gem quest. Never had that issue on the pro.

Haven’t played v.92 code so I dunno if it’s fixed.

#2150 3 years ago

My wife just asked me why an Avengers game has Worf from star trek talking about trophies.
Can't un-hear that now...

Ha! I have STTNG also and as soon as I read your post I could hear the similarity in my head. Now I probably won't be able to play either machine without it coming to mind. As soon as I hear Worf's voice in STTNG I'll think "trophy collected"!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
Trade
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/43?hl=zukram and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.