04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 255.
#2001 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Looks nice!
I'm a little intimidated about taking off the ramps and such to replace the rubbers - especially knowing that a small tweak the wrong way could result in the balls rolling off the wireforms. So for now I'm sticking with the black rubbers and wiping off the poo trails every so often.

Definitely stay in your comfort zone. Demo man is literally a puzzle of ramps and wireforms and rebuilding that was how I started

#2002 3 years ago
Quoted from TheModalorian:

I added my Thanos Mod to my game. Hooked up to the back flasher for some cool effects.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That is such a bad ass mod! Deserves a bump. Nice job.

#2003 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

Waiting to get my 5.25" lit purple speakers yet [quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks really good!

#2004 3 years ago

Do any distributors have premiums in stock?

#2005 3 years ago

Haven't seen anyone else post about this yet, but I've had it 3 times playing on site.
Ball gets stuck at the location indicated, where the 2 ramp feedback rails cross. (didn't take a photo at the time)
Seems to come from when the ball bounces up from the disc.
No way whatsoever to shake it free.Ramp (resized).jpgRamp (resized).jpg

Also have started to see lots of rejects on the marvel ramp. Most annoying thing about it is it seems to give you credit for a shot that makes it past the optos but not all the way round during normal play, as it definitely puts something on the screen telling you the number of marvel ramps you've made - however it won't give you the credit for the shot if it's needed for a mode.

#2006 3 years ago

For those people saying the game is too complicated to understand the rules.

Here is how I 'attack' a game I've never seen/played before.

1: First few games just hit shots to see where the ball returns.
2: Figure out how to start a mode/feature
3 :Figure out how to start a MB
4: See if stacking is possible with either mode or multiple MBs

Don't worry about the nuances and score too much.

5: Go away and read any rulesheets/tutorials. This can only really be done after you have played the machine so that you can put these things into context.

Go back and play the machine trying to implement whatever you have read.

In all games I can think of that has got me to the point of being able to confidently approach the game in comp or for getting to wizard mode (or at least heading in the right direction)

The same applies here for AV:IQ

After 1: I knew where the ball would return after every made shot. There are no diverters to change the course of the ball if you are in a certain game state.
After 2: Didn't take long to work out spinning disc started a quest, combos lit portal, or how to light each Avenger.
After 3: Easy to figure out Thor, took a little longer to figure out how to change inserts to spell I-R-O-N.
After 4: I knew you could stack a single MB into a mode/quest, but not the other way round.

After 5: I went back to play on site and knew what the gems did, along with the computer/drop grid, and tried to implement that into my play.

Maybe I was focussing on trying to be too clever with gem placement, quest choosing, etc. but didn't get anywhere near the scores I had previously.

TL:DR Just play the game, you'll pick up the rules and nuances as you play. The best score I achieved was just shy of 400mil - on the 2nd game I ever played on it.

#2007 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Haven't seen anyone else post about this yet, but I've had it 3 times playing on site.
Ball gets stuck at the location indicated, where the 2 ramp feedback rails cross. (didn't take a photo at the time)
Seems to come from when the ball bounces up from the disc.
No way whatsoever to shake it free.[quoted image]
Also have started to see lots of rejects on the marvel ramp. Most annoying thing about it is it seems to give you credit for a shot that makes it past the optos but not all the way round during normal play, as it definitely puts something on the screen telling you the number of marvel ramps you've made - however it won't give you the credit for the shot if it's needed for a mode.

Happened last night while I was playing with my son, as you said Wayne there’s no way to shake it loose it requires moving the glass and rolling the ball back a couple of inches to release it.

Happened just as you said in your post, my lad hit the disc standup twice back to back on the second shot it jumped up off the disc stand up and landed up there.

No issues with the marvel ramp here though, every good/clean shot makes the loop, if you don’t make the shot it shows the captain marvel animation but the text won’t add/count the shot, mode or not.

1A1FE233-36E8-4AD5-A488-81CDD55378D9 (resized).jpeg1A1FE233-36E8-4AD5-A488-81CDD55378D9 (resized).jpeg6D31A8CA-CCC8-436F-A055-5BE69B30E097 (resized).jpeg6D31A8CA-CCC8-436F-A055-5BE69B30E097 (resized).jpeg
#2008 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That is such a bad ass mod! Deserves a bump. Nice job.

Thanks! I also put together a quick video showing it from the player’s perspective

02D01A20-FEF9-4CD0-8825-1C0D2A607A84 (resized).jpeg02D01A20-FEF9-4CD0-8825-1C0D2A607A84 (resized).jpeg
#2009 3 years ago

I'm really nervous about the glass being so tight. I've had to pull it a couple of times already for stuck balls, and it's sooooo tight. My JP's glass actually slid down by itself with the lockdown bar off. AIQ, I feel like I'm going to break it trying to slide it on or off.

Did Stern reduce the cabinet width by a quarter inch? Is my cabinet not square? What's the deal here?

#2010 3 years ago

I'm really nervous about the glass being so tight. I've had to pull it a couple of times already for stuck balls, and it's sooooo tight. My JP's glass actually slid down by itself with the lockdown bar off. AIQ, I feel like I'm going to break it trying to slide it on or off.
Did Stern reduce the cabinet width by a quarter inch? Is my cabinet not square? What's the deal here?

My glass is also very tight to the cabinet but I honestly prefer it. I like not worrying about the glass sliding out on it's own when I remove the lockdown bar.

#2011 3 years ago
Quoted from TheModalorian:

Thanks! I also put together a quick video showing it from the player’s perspective

[quoted image]

Looks great! Looking forward to getting mine. You hardly even notice Thanos is back there with just the flat plastic.

#2012 3 years ago

What's everyone's opinion..... mirror blades or graphics.... the graphics side blades I've seen so far aren't really grabbing me..... I'd like to see a cityscape transition to space theme with the characters on it or something like that

#2013 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

What's everyone's opinion..... mirror blades or graphics.... the graphics side blades I've seen so far aren't really grabbing me..... I'd like to see a cityscape transition to space theme with the characters on it or something like that

Just something to consider, mirrors are nice, but they are much thicker than art blades. If you dont have alot of clearance when raising the playfield, that may make the decision for you. If you do have plenty of clearance, then it's just personal choice. Personally, I like art blades.

#2014 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

The Tiltgraphics art blades do just that, got them ordered myself. Art matches the scenes on the playfield.

bf3ed0_05d4f5a826644a68b4babdf8601440ab~mv2 (resized).jpgbf3ed0_05d4f5a826644a68b4babdf8601440ab~mv2 (resized).jpg

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Just something to consider, mirrors are nice, but they are much thicker than art blades. If you dont have alot of clearance when raising the playfield, that may make the decision for you. If you do have plenty of clearance, then it's just personal choice. Personally, I like art blades.

Agree with scribbles, I prefer art blades if available due to thickness of mirror blades.

#2015 3 years ago

this machine seems to have a decent amount of clearence. Shouldnt be tough install.

#2016 3 years ago

My glasses is like yours. I have never had this with a machine before. Not sure what the fix is but I am scared to get mine out without damage.

#2017 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Factory set up. Two soul gems. Several extra balls. Tons of fun.
[quoted image]

Good gravy, Tommy...

#2018 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Being a tmnt le and avengers premium owner I feel like the hawkeye challenge shot is the way more fun version of 123 foot(which i hate). I love the tower lock on this game. The third flipper is just awesome in general as well.

Yes, love the tower lock. Yesterday during a multiball I had it holding two balls.

#2019 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

if you don’t make the shot it shows the captain marvel animation but the text won’t add/count the shot, mode or not.

Correct. On the premium I unboxed, the CM ramp microswitch was stuck, gave no progress for anything. Only the entry opto was activated, same as a reject. I thought it worked since that animation would pop up briefly, but then I noticed the count was always zero.

#2020 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Yes, love the tower lock. Yesterday during a multiball I had it holding two balls.

I wish it did that all the time..... how cool would that be

#2021 3 years ago
Quoted from eyeguy123:

My glasses is like yours. I have never had this with a machine before. Not sure what the fix is but I am scared to get mine out without damage.

Did ya’ll measure or try another piece of glass? If the playfield is square in the cab, maybe its the glass?

#2022 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I wish it did that all the time..... how cool would that be

Would mess up my timing when they drop balls for hawkeye and others.

#2023 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I'm in on a Pro from day one and hearing early November. I know distributors with them in stock, Stern life.

Ditto - was looking like would have had one by now but Stern had some production issues and told my distro early November for my Pro.

Guessing reduced capacity on the line, staff fluctuations due to covid etc.

#2024 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Ditto - was looking like would have had one by now but Stern had some production issues and told my distro early November for my Pro.
Guessing reduced capacity on the line, staff fluctuations due to covid etc.

I get everyone in the owner's thread is excited but it could also be manufacturing issues with the Premium/LE. I thought about upgrading as it's not a monetary concern but the subway does not seem well designed.

#2025 3 years ago

I’m guessing it has more to do with staff and reduced line run rates due to covid protocols. Many manufacturers are having trouble keeping up with demand forecasted. Many products on backorder.

#2026 3 years ago

You got it lamb, at wax - I am usually a Pro Buyer - I will wait. It's just longer this time. It's ok.

#2027 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

You got it lamb, at wax - I am usually a Pro Buyer - I will wait. It's just longer this time. It's ok.

I’m extremely happy with my premium. I’m sure Pro is good but I really love the captain marvel ramp and subway. It’s so satisfying hitting all the ramps.

#2028 3 years ago

My kid and I are absolutely loving our Pro. Only issue i'm having is Marvel shot return glances off the right slingshot most of the time and pops it over to my left flipper. Playfield is level right to left. If I give it a nudge fast enough, it will clear it, but it's a little annoying.
Only other issue I had was about 10-15% of the time the upper right flipper hitting the gauntlet ramp would rocket off of it and smack the glove or bounce back and hit Thanos in the head. Pitch at 6.5. I turned the upper flipper down to 215 and no issues since.

#2029 3 years ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

My kid and I are absolutely loving our Pro. Only issue i'm having is Marvel shot return glances off the right slingshot most of the time and pops it over to my left flipper. Playfield is level right to left. If I give it a nudge fast enough, it will clear it, but it's a little annoying.
Only other issue I had was about 10-15% of the time the upper right flipper hitting the gauntlet ramp would rocket off of it and smack the glove or bounce back and hit Thanos in the head. Pitch at 6.5. I turned the upper flipper down to 215 and no issues since.

Glancing the slings is pretty common and if you bend the lane guide it will normally affect the orbit return due to speed. On AIQ this probably isn't an issue and you can bend the lane guide in a little to try and fix it. Otherwise you can get used to hitting the side of the pin to separate the ball from the rail so it misses the sling. This is a pretty common nudge you will see players do.

#2030 3 years ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

Yup. One of the reasons I sold the game. Got real tired of bumping it off that wall.

#2031 3 years ago

Just got the call. FedEx dropping off my Premium tomorrow!

#2032 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yup. One of the reasons I sold the game. Got real tired of bumping it off that wall.

You bought and sold an AIQ Pro already?

#2033 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Just got the call. FedEx dropping off my Premium tomorrow!

Congrats! I'm absolutely loving mine. I've personally not had any issues.

The game in general makes me feel like a better player than I am. The ball just seems to end up making shots most of the time.

My only software request right now would be to make the subway go ahead and begin advancing the ball toward the VUK while we are choosing a gem quest, instead of waiting to start that after I've selected one.

#2034 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

You bought and sold an AIQ Pro already?

Yeah, had it for a couple weeks, just not feeling it. I can tell pretty quickly if a game is "for me" or not. Maiden and JP still bolted to the floor.

#2035 3 years ago

Tracker said today. Just Got call from shipper asking if I would like it delivered tomorrow or Wednesday. I said today, but no dice. Damn it.

#2036 3 years ago

Hey guys I've had my premium a couple of days now and I wanted to get some advice on some issues I've been having.

1st. The balls are flying off every Wireform. It's falling out of the captain marvel ramp and it's rattling out of the upper form by the avenger tower. At this point 1 out of 5 shots is flying off. I've tried lowering the flipper and plunger strength and i have also tried bending the main form with pliers. No difference so far.

2nd. Air balls Galore. Balls are bouncing and smashing into stuff everywhere. Constantly having to remove the glass and fish balls from places.

3rd. Balls are bouncing out of the inlanes and into the outlanes. At the point now if they arent returned using ramps they are in the outlanes.

#2037 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yeah, had it for a couple weeks, just not feeling it. I can tell pretty quickly if a game is "for me" or not. Maiden and JP still bolted to the floor.

I hear ya, but I've personally already enjoyed my AIQ pro more than my brother's JP Premium. Of course my feelings might change if he ever sells it to me at a discounted price lol. Honeymoon phase initiated!

#2038 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey guys I've had my premium a couple of days now and I wanted to get some advice on some issues I've been having.
1st. The balls are flying off every Wireform. It's falling out of the captain marvel ramp and it's rattling out of the upper form by the avenger tower. At this point 1 out of 5 shots is flying off. I've tried lowering the flipper and plunger strength and i have also tried bending the main form with pliers. No difference so far.
2nd. Air balls Galore. Balls are bouncing and smashing into stuff everywhere. Constantly having to remove the glass and fish balls from places.
3rd. Balls are bouncing out of the inlanes and into the outlanes. At the point now if they arent returned using ramps they are in the outlanes.

Even though I know you said you adjusted them, all that still sounds symptomatic of overpowered flippers.

#2039 3 years ago

Even though I know you said you adjusted them, all that still sounds symptomatic of overpowered flippers.

Flippers are way powered down. Just enough to get up ramps. Like I don't know what else to do at this point. Between this and TMNT I honestly feel like I have wasted my money.

#2040 3 years ago

Step off the ledge and start troubleshooting.

If your shots are barely making the ramps then still flying off the wireforms at a point, something is physically causing this on the ramps. Take a slow mo video of each ramp return to find exactly where it’s happening and adjust the ramps to fix the issue.

Not sure what your TMNT issue is. I’ve seen you talking about the left outlane, but there not much you can do there besides a Siamese post. TMNT is just a hard game.

#2041 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Step off the ledge and start troubleshooting.
If your shots are barely making the ramps then still flying off the wireforms at a point, something is physically causing this on the ramps. Take a slow mo video of each ramp return to find exactly where it’s happening and adjust the ramps to fix the issue.
Not sure what your TMNT issue is. I’ve seen you talking about the left outlane, but there not much you can do there besides a Siamese post. TMNT is just a hard game.

So on the main ramp. I followed the key post and bent the exit with pliers. No difference. If bending the ramps and turning down the flippers isn't fixing the problem. I don't know what a logical next step to fixing the ramps would be.

#2042 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

So on the main ramp. I followed the key post and bent the exit with pliers. No difference. If bending the ramps and turning down the flippers isn't fixing the problem. I don't know what a logical next step to fixing the ramps would be.

Playfield pitch?

#2043 3 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

I’m extremely happy with my premium. I’m sure Pro is good but I really love the captain marvel ramp and subway. It’s so satisfying hitting all the ramps.

Yeah that ramp is phenomenal, never gets old making that shot and watching the ball go up and round that inverted loop. Is it worth the upgrade in terms of materials no way! but in terms of what it adds to gameplay and how fun it is to shoot, yeah!

I was speaking to a friend earlier and said it reminds me of the Warp Ramp on Star Trek, or the Katana Shot on Deadpool it’s the shot that never gets old and is always super satisfying to hit and smile inducing when you loop it over and over.

#2044 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Where is the ball coming off at? Something physical is causing the ball to fall off the ramp. Maybe your game is pitched too shallow? Maybe the ramp is tilted weird. Maybe it’s missing a guard that other games have.

#2045 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

He told you the next logical step. Take a slow-mo vid and see what's causing it.

#2046 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Where is the ball coming off at? Something physical is causing the ball to fall off the ramp. Maybe your game is pitched too shallow? Maybe the ramp is tilted weird. Maybe it’s missing a guard that other games have.

Was just about to ask the same thing, where are the balls coming off the rails?

I’ve been fortunate, that mines played great out the box. I turned down the trough eject, auto plunger, slings a little (more to reduce strain on the posts/clear while we have these playfield issues looming) and turned down the VUK power buts that’s it.

Where are you having each of these issues?

#2047 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Take a slow mo video of each ramp return to find exactly where it’s happening and adjust the ramps to fix the issue.

Can't stress this piece of advice enough. If the ball is doing something it shouldn't, slow it down and investigate. Definitely investigate your pitch and roll on the machine as well.

#2048 3 years ago

I thought someone said there is a menu option in the Premium/LE to have the ball just go through the subway and use virtual locks. How many ways are there for this to work in the code currently?

#2049 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I thought someone said there is a menu option in the Premium/LE to have the ball just go through the subway and use virtual locks. How many ways are there for this to work in the code currently?

I’ve just turned my subway to no entry for now until the dual ball release into the VUK is fixed via code,

#2050 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Flippers are way powered down. Just enough to get up ramps. Like I don't know what else to do at this point. Between this and TMNT I honestly feel like I have wasted my money.

This is a shame you are not enjoying your games I have both and have never had a trouble with them at all.love both.never had one ball fly off any ramp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Newnan, GA
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
7,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/41?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.