04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 255.
#1801 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

I’ve had this happen a couple of times, including once in the handful of games I’ve played on the new code, so it does not seem to be fixed yet. The ball search will eventually clear the subway but not until the 3rd or 4th time through I think. Would be much less annoying if the subway were cleared on the first pass of the ball search.

Interesting that it does eventually clear, guess I am too impatient. I agree a quicker clear would be good, maybe make it adjustable if it isn’t already.

#1802 3 years ago

Can anyone explain why I want to place a gem on a certain shot? What’s the strategy behind it? Why move the gem later?

#1803 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Can anyone explain why I want to place a gem on a certain shot? What’s the strategy behind it? Why move the gem later?

Each gem gives a perk on that specific shot. For example, power gem makes each time you shoot the shot its on worth double, so you can level up that avenger quicker. It also saves that avengers progress between balls.

In this case you may want to fully level up hulk, but once hes at level 2, you could do Change Gems and move the Power Gem to Black Panther and quickly level him up as well.

Look at the rulesheet to see what each gem does and then figure out what should go where.

#1804 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Maybe you want to move it because you never wanted it on that shot to begin with. You are shooting shots to lock it in, so there’s a chance you hit a shot unintentionally when placing it. Also, maybe you collected additional gems and now want to rearrange them.

#1805 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

Myself and a few others have seen this (though not too often and inconsistent for me so far). I have the PDF for the adjustment procedure someone emailed to me, not sure how to post it publicly though.[quoted image]

Were you guys getting phantom hits though?

Also, the manual says that you spin to 3, 6, 9, 12, and press "start" at each? Does that mean, turn it to 3 then give it a whip/spin, or does that mean just manually move the disc to about the 3 o'clock mark, press "start", then move to 6, etc..?

My FS is reading around 230.

Does this mean I need to be closer or farther from the magnetic sensor?

It's a bit of a pain in the ass, to get my game out where I can pull up the pf, so knowing what I need to do prior definitely helps.

Thanks!

#1806 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Also, the manual says that you spin to 3, 6, 9, 12, and press "start" at each? Does that mean, turn it to 3 then give it a whip/spin, or does that mean just manually move the disc to about the 3 o'clock mark, press "start", then move to 6, etc..?
It's a bit of a pain in the ass, to get my game out where I can pull up the pf, so knowing what I need to do prior definitely helps.
Thanks!

I read it as manually move the disc so the up post is at 12, 3, 6, 9 and press start at each position checking that the magnetic number is greater than 300 at each position.

#1807 3 years ago

Thanks!

You put the post on the dics in each position , so 12 o clock static and press start, you should get a reading higher then 300. Same goes for 3 6 and 9 o clock. No need to spin the disc.
The sensor can be adjusted on the back of the bracket holding it. It’s possible you also need to center it and that is done by adjusting the 2 screws and moving it either left to right. You need to play a little with the distance, I had to positon the sensor so it centered with the shaft. Mine had at 12 o clock and 6 above 300 readings and 3 and 9 not. When I checked I saw that the sensor and shaft were not centered.

On another note; Just played some games on 0.92 and i’m missing light effects when iron man multi balls start and for example extra ball, now its just an annoucement no light effects. But it’s getting better code wise.

#1808 3 years ago

Explanation of what each gem does on the screen is a huge improvement! Seems like scoring is a bit higher also...

#1809 3 years ago

My premium will be here Monday; this is going to be a looooong weekend

#1810 3 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

Yeah - hoping to get mine delivered next week some time. It should be on it's way to California and then I'll get a call from local freight company to setup delivery day/time.

#1811 3 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

You put the post on the dics in each position , so 12 o clock static and press start, you should get a reading higher then 300. Same goes for 3 6 and 9 o clock. No need to spin the disc.
The sensor can be adjusted on the back of the bracket holding it. It’s possible you also need to center it and that is done by adjusting the 2 screws and moving it either left to right. You need to play a little with the distance, I had to positon the sensor so it centered with the shaft. Mine had at 12 o clock and 6 above 300 readings and 3 and 9 not. When I checked I saw that the sensor and shaft were not centered.
On another note; Just played some games on 0.92 and i’m missing light effects when iron man multi balls start and for example extra ball, now its just an annoucement no light effects. But it’s getting better code wise.

I'll give it a try later, thanks!

Also noticed my disc is on a bit of angle. The back is raised more than the front.

How can that be solved since adjustment only goes straight up and down?

#1812 3 years ago

Man, this ruleset really isn't clicking with me. Tried reading the https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/AIQ-Rule-Sheet.pdf, but still feel clueless.

One thing I LOVE about JP2 is the intuitive, story-based rule set. All the MB's also have cool, obvious rules.

Maybe Bowen Kerins needs to do one of his awesome educational videos on this title...

#1813 3 years ago

I'll give it a try later, thanks!
Also noticed my disc is on a bit of angle. The back is raised more than the front.
How can that be solved since adjustment only goes straight up and down?

Double check, but I think the schematic shows a leveling "hub" ring on the assembly with 3 adjustment screws to influence the angle of the disc.

#1814 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Man, this ruleset really isn't clicking with me. Tried reading the https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/AIQ-Rule-Sheet.pdf, but still feel clueless.
One thing I LOVE about JP2 is the intuitive, story-based rule set. All the MB's also have cool, obvious rules.
Maybe Bowen Kerins needs to do one of his awesome educational videos on this title...

I am with you this rule set is crazy complicated , I feel like the only person on the threat struggling with it

#1815 3 years ago

Just play the game and learn little by little. Overwhelming is a good thing. Means the game has lasting appeal. Just concentrate on one aspect of the game. Once you have that down, move onto the next part. Don’t try to understand it all at once.

#1816 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I agree.

I’d like to see collecting the Avengers more pronounced. In some modes, it’s not even obvious what shots to hit.

I do like how if you win a mode the gem is removed from Thanos glove and placed on the playfield. More animations involving Thanos would be cool, but it seems like there’s a lot of limitations with the license.

#1817 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Still waiting for mine.
For those who already get their game, would you say tunnel is a great feature?

I played both the pro and premium (I own the premium) and I would say the portal is a huge upgrade. The captain marvel ramp is the most satisfying shot to hit to me besides the hulk spinner during game ray mode. These two differences perseuded me to upgrade to the premium on this title. The pro is still a great choice, but it just feels lacking without these 2 elements in the game. J

ust my 2 cents.

#1818 3 years ago
Quoted from seger10494:

I was a little surprised that the game shipped with the outlane posts at the easiest position. Anyone else move theirs already?

I believe Keith Elwin said this is the "normal" setting for the game on a podcast or stream. But of course, if you really want a challenge then move those posts up!

#1819 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just play the game and learn little by little. Overwhelming is a good thing. Means the game has lasting appeal. Just concentrate on one aspect of the game. Once you have that down, move onto the next part. Don’t try to understand it all at once.

Exactly! I’m not sure about the issues with the ruleset being too complicated, at first it’s doesn't appear anymore complicated than JP2.

Open a portal, win gems, place gems to get perks for progress and scoring, get all gems or loose them all battle thanos, it can be that easy if you want.

But if you want to go deeper it’s all there to be explored, for 9-10k give me a complicated 25 page ruleset over a Munster ruleset anyday!

#1820 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Exactly! I’m not sure about the issues with the ruleset being too complicated, at first it’s doesn't appear anymore complicated than JP2.
Open a portal, win gems, place gems to get perks for progress and scoring, get all gems or loose them all battle thanos, it can be that easy if you want like.
But if you want to go deeper it’s all there to be explored, for 9-10k give me a complicated 25 page ruleset over a Munster ruleset anyday!

Yeah - I like "the more complicated, the better" for home use.
Sure it will take me a while to figure everything out. I've read the rule sheet (my premium is due next week) and I usually start with just playing the game and refering back to the rules as I try to figure it all out. Just takes lots of games played to get all of the nuances down - which I love that aspect!

#1821 3 years ago

Just updated to .92 and my Dr Strange disc has stopped working.. it just stays up. Diagnostics doesn't seem to do anything. Not sure of cause.. anyone else have that issue?

#1822 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just updated to .92 and my Dr Strange disc has stopped working.. it just stays up. Diagnostics doesn't seem to do anything. Not sure of cause.. anyone else have that issue?

Updated last night to .92, no issues.

#1823 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I would re-download the code again and try updating. I saw on a Youtube video somewhere that it sometimes takes a couple tries for the code to transfer correctly.

#1824 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Maybe you downloaded and installed the pro code by mistake.

#1825 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I watched an IEpinball stream of the game on Twitch from about a week ago. Watching that really helped it click with me about how to think about the rules and what to go for first. Definitely worth watching it to hear him discuss his approach about what order to go after things and then see how it works when he blows up the Reality Gem quest. The game he starts at about the 47 minute mark is a big one.

I think a big part of the fun of this game is going to be learning how to use the gems to your advantage. For example, the Readme file for yesterday's code update mentioned fixing an issue with Soul Gem where the Mind Gem on the drop targets wasn't spotting the shot. I hadn't even realized that could be done and it seemed great because the hardest thing about Soul Gem for me has been clearing the three drop targets.

So I played last night going for Mind Gem first and placing it on the drop targets. It was amazing to get that shot spotted for me in Soul Gem so I could just move on to the next one.

During one game I missed the shot at the drops and accidentally placed the Mind Gem on Hulk. But then right as the portal opened for Soul Gem I noticed "Change Gems" was lit at Ant Man. So I hit into the Ant Man hole and moved the Mind Gem to the drops so I was able to use it to spot that shot for Soul Gem. I'm guessing there's a lot of fun stuff like that to be discovered in this game.

#1826 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

It's still ridiculous to me that Stern's low level system doesn't have a CHECK that it's being put on the right machine yet. This is gradeschool-level programming best practices. But we are talking about Lonnie here, so...

#1827 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I watched an IEpinball stream of the game on Twitch from about a week ago. Watching that really helped it click with me about how to think about the rules and what to go for first. Definitely worth watching it to hear him discuss his approach about what order to go after things and then see how it works when he blows up the Reality Gem quest. The game he starts at about the 47 minute mark is a big one.
I think a big part of the fun of this game is going to be learning how to use the gems to your advantage. For example, the Readme file for yesterday's code update mentioned fixing an issue with Soul Gem where the Mind Gem on the drop targets wasn't spotting the shot. I hadn't even realized that could be done and it seemed great because the hardest thing about Soul Gem for me has been clearing the three drop targets.
So I played last night going for Mind Gem first and placing it on the drop targets. It was amazing to get that shot spotted for me in Soul Gem so I could just move on to the next one.
During one game I missed the shot at the drops and accidentally placed the Mind Gem on Hulk. But then right as the portal opened for Soul Gem I noticed "Change Gems" was lit at Ant Man. So I hit into the Ant Man hole and moved the Mind Gem to the drops so I was able to use it to spot that shot for Soul Gem. I'm guessing there's a lot of fun stuff like that to be discovered in this game.

Thanks for the response/link. Good points. It's not about depth (I love challenging/deep games), it's about knowing how to approach the game. That's what I'm looking for. Just shooting at blinking lights isn't fun for those of us looking to be immersed in how to approach it.

#1828 3 years ago

I’m the same way. My approach is always to just play and learn as I go. Can’t learn it all in one sitting.

Tutorials usually don’t start popping up until the game is complete.

#1829 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks for the response/link. Good points. It's not about depth (I love challenging/deep games), it's about knowing how to approach the game. That's what I'm looking for. Just shooting at blinking lights isn't fun for those of us looking to be immersed in how to approach it.

Right on! I'm the same way. I think you hit the nail on the head with the word "immersed". Before watching that stream I was just shooting at the lights and moving from quest to quest, and it's still a lot of fun with the variety of smooth shots and combos out the wazoo. But playing now the last two nights (and especially last night) with more of an idea about how things work and are connected I've really felt more immersed in the game and it's taken the fun to another level for me.

#1830 3 years ago

I have been trying to down load the new code and it will work for a while then it say “server failure” I have try many many times and have never had any trouble in the past?.can I get someone to send me a copy maybe to a drop box.
Thanks.

#1831 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Learn the mode rules first - how to finish each mode, as this is critical to winning the gems. The rules for each mode are distinct but spelled out well in the PDF.

Next is learning what each gem does when placed at each shot - this makes scoring higher or rules easier for the shot. You'll learn to use the gems to make parts of the game easier for you.

Go over the IM and Thor multiball rules so you understand each phase and how to maximize scoring.

At that point you'll know most of the game; the challenge is putting everything together for big scores. This is where the game shines.. having that Megaman aspect of deciding which gems you want to get first to help with later modes, which modes to use portal locks with, when to bring in your thor and IM MBs, etc.

#1832 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have been trying to down load the new code and it will work for a while then it say “server failure” I have try many many times and have never had any trouble in the past?.can I get someone to send me a copy maybe to a drop box.
Thanks.

Yes, send me a pm

#1833 3 years ago

Very happy with the new code.... Although this pin may not keep my attention that long.

#1834 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I just had a really fun game and something happened that I'm not positive why it happened

Could have been victory lap? I love victory lapping its like free flailing

Also loving the rumbles when ball is passing thru subway with that rainbow lightshow. Subway finally feeling legit!

#1835 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Bingo.

#1836 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Still waiting for mine.
For those who already get their game, would you say tunnel is a great feature?

I’m almost wishing they didn’t use the tunnel. I don’t see the balls. The game is great, but I’m not sure what the staging tunnel serves. Maybe it will change with software. Everything else rocks and the CM ramp is awesome.

#1837 3 years ago
Quoted from eyeguy123:

I am with you this rule set is crazy complicated , I feel like the only person on the threat struggling with it

You're not the only one. I wouldn't say I struggled with it so much as I wasn't motivated to learn it. I purposely avoided the PDF to let the game reveal itself to me; it didn't. I feel like the game could use some "medium complexity" stuff. To me it seems like there's a simple top layer: playing modes, collecting Avengers, playing IM & Thor multiball. All that stuff is easy to digest, dare I say maybe a bit boring. Then there's the chess layer of rules, with all the gem stuff. Feels needlessly complex. Wide, but not deep. Fine if you enjoy doing homework, I guess.

Scoring could use some work. I got a Thor super jackpot (15 shots) for 3-ish million, same as one beefy shot in a mode. No real point in playing Thor except to stack with a mode. However, it's the one part of the game that has any real oomph in the sound & callout department.

I also got tired of Soul Gem pretty quickly. It went from satisfying to finish, to just a chore (or annoying if you fail). It's too linear, and the stakes just don't feel high for whatever reason. Also annoys me that the right orbit is the first shot since neither the pro nor premium can start the mode on the lower left flipper. Would be more fun to just rip right into it. But I think I know why the right orbit is first. It half-ramps pretty often, and flank attack will always complete it. Could get in "clunk jail" on the right orbit if flank attack was already used on another shot.

Presentation during Soul Gem (and the game as a whole) feels very flat to me. I hear that stuff has improved in the new code, but I already sold the game. Just not feeling it.

#1838 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I’m almost wishing they didn’t use the tunnel. I don’t see the balls.

Yeah, I'm 6'5" and I can't see even a glimpse of any locked balls. Needs a mirror mod on the back wall of the tunnel. Actually prefer the lowered lock inserts on the pro. Cool 3D lighting effect, always easy to see how many locks you have. And no waiting for the ball to start a mode. Ka-chunk, ka-chunk, ka-chunk... thunk.

#1839 3 years ago

LE #235 in the house!

The shots, the combos, simply brilliant, not had this much fun on a pin since Deadpool and this is on another level!

#1840 3 years ago

Finally...... ordered shortly after announcement.

697D3F68-111E-4AD4-A95A-A0190A5DDCDF (resized).jpeg697D3F68-111E-4AD4-A95A-A0190A5DDCDF (resized).jpeg
#1841 3 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

I know the feeling,
my tracking said today would be the day. I called yesterday to try and setup a delivery for today but it was said to be in transit to a closer location which is a short ten minutes from my location.... so today I called and they said it was still on it's way from the hub that was just two hours from my location and their hub as well. This means I likely won't get my call untill monday and delivery on tuesday IF I'M LUCKY! I even asked to pick it up today at the terminal if it showed up. They said yes! If it arrived before four thirty. (And it's currently five fourty five.)

#1842 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's still ridiculous to me that Stern's low level system doesn't have a CHECK that it's being put on the right machine yet. This is gradeschool-level programming best practices. But we are talking about Lonnie here, so...

Is Lonnie the one responsible for the final packaging of each code update? I'd think it's on the lead software engineer from each individual title to implement changes and polish before submitting code revisions, and they most definitely should have the ability to block the transfer if the machine isn't the proper trim level.

This is a VERY SIMPLE FIX. Stern has just been slow to make these changes!

#1843 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Is Lonnie the one responsible for the final packaging of each code update? I'd think it's on the lead software engineer from each individual title to implement changes and polish before submitting code revisions, and they most definitely should have the ability to block the transfer if the machine isn't the proper trim level.
This is a VERY SIMPLE FIX. Stern has just been slow to make these changes!

Lonnie (maybe others, too) does low-level OS stuff that all the machines use in addition to his more high-profile game-specific code. There should be a lock and key system for the low level OS so it recognizes what it is on and blocks code updates that don't match that. It is not hard to do, just takes some planning. It should have been a feature starting with Aerosmith, not left still undone 10 games later. They're going to HAVE to do it for network based updates, so maybe that's the plan? Put it off until there's no way around it?

#1844 3 years ago

Got the call from Fedex freight about my AIQ delivery and I got super excited... until they said it won't be delivered until November 3rd... ugh.

#1845 3 years ago

Deadflip is streaming the new code right now if anyone would like to check it out.

#1846 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Learn the mode rules first - how to finish each mode, as this is critical to winning the gems. The rules for each mode are distinct but spelled out well in the PDF.
Next is learning what each gem does when placed at each shot - this makes scoring higher or rules easier for the shot. You'll learn to use the gems to make parts of the game easier for you.
Go over the IM and Thor multiball rules so you understand each phase and how to maximize scoring.
At that point you'll know most of the game; the challenge is putting everything together for big scores. This is where the game shines.. having that Megaman aspect of deciding which gems you want to get first to help with later modes, which modes to use portal locks with, when to bring in your thor and IM MBs, etc.

Honestly, I’d like more visual clues on the screen or audio call outs of what to Hit. It will take a long time to learn what to hit, how to finish, place gems, etc. I haven’t read the rules yet, but will, just wish things were clues to point you in the right direction. For example, for ebony maw, first shot is to the spinner, but that’s not entirely obvious. I only learned it from Jack dangers video. Seems like more and more these days, games are very complex. Not complaining as I like deep and complex games, just want more clues on what to hit.

#1847 3 years ago

Here's another write up of the rules.

http://tiltforums.com/t/avengers-infinity-quest-rulesheet/6740

Sometimes reading something written in a different way helps to clarify.

I haven't tried this with the new code. But it didn't work with the last code. In Soul Gem, after a drain, I've quickly gotten a soft plunge in before the auto-plunge fires. With the hope of collecting a shot via the skillshot roll over. I know you can only do this once per Soul Gem. But I've tried a couple times when I hadn't used it yet and it won't spot me the shot that way. It would be cool to be able to do that after a drain.

Haven't played the new code much yet but I'm hoping that having gems collected and Avengers leveled up might do more for you in Soul Gem. Otherwise it might be good to just play it as soon as you can so that you can start collecting the soul gem jackpots after completing other gem modes right away.

#1848 3 years ago

So am I the first to notice or didn't catch the post:

Updated to .92 fine...always watch out of curiousity (and fear) for anything odd that may appear after update. To my surprise (just saw it tonight) when the game boots up it displays "Avengers Infinity Quest LE #374". Has this always been the case on newer games (my last NIB was MunstersLE)? It "knows " my machine #? The game is actually # 375 on the plaque, etc.

I'm not drinking...yet....but I've never seen this before. Guess I'll go through the menu as maybe you can change it, but what a wild thing it's so close!!!

#1849 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Updated to .92 fine...always watch out of curiousity (and fear) for anything odd that may appear after update. To my surprise (just saw it tonight) when the game boots up it displays "Avengers Infinity Quest LE #374". Has this always been the case on newer games (my last NIB was MunstersLE)? It "knows " my machine #? The game is actually # 375 on the plaque, etc.
I'm not drinking...yet....but I've never seen this before. Guess I'll go through the menu as maybe you can change it, but what a wild thing it's so close!!!

That is wild! And really funny that they missed by 1

#1850 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I knew my game was special...

66415BF7-271E-4E9D-B0A2-191C9249B692 (resized).jpeg66415BF7-271E-4E9D-B0A2-191C9249B692 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/37?hl=thomas3184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.