IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 256.
#1701 3 years ago

My premium comes friday. Couldve had it thursday but Im busy for work. Cant wait to get it all setup friday.

#1702 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

Thanks, I have done this with my older pins, but wanted to make sure it wouldn't mess anything up with all the new fandangled goodness that is AIQ Pre!

dbb143 this is what i put on all of my spike/spike2 games. works great. very clean. and only 35.00
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/stern-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit

#1703 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Just got word from my distributor that my premium is delayed due to backordered parts. Stern hopes to go back into production next week. Guess the lucky few can have their fun while I wait and dream of being part of the avengers team.
At least I got my LEDs and all my bobble heads in for my sweet homemade topper!
[quoted image]

nice, what did you use for leds?

#1704 3 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

nice, what did you use for leds?

I’m using comets 20” led strips to light up the plastics on the topper and tie them into the GI. Quick and easy.

#1705 3 years ago

Just got the call! My Premium is coming tomorrow! Last chance to get on the list for my Thanos Mod... Will start taking orders after I make final adjustments.

Here is the link with more info. Thanks! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-thanos-mod-for-avengers-infinity-quest-pre-order-

4917ba5b2bb56a579dc24c5d998446fad64e6e73 (resized).png4917ba5b2bb56a579dc24c5d998446fad64e6e73 (resized).pngc69916e7414f42bd2533fae0587b9f175bccee77 (resized).pngc69916e7414f42bd2533fae0587b9f175bccee77 (resized).png
#1706 3 years ago

Just joined the club with an LE!

Having an issue with the ball falling off the wireform right after launching, as it approached the right inlane.

Also, wondering if the spinning disc is supposed to be really lose, or sort of tight as it turns? Mine seems sort of smooth, except when it hit likes 5-7 o'clock (assuming you're looking at it like a clock).

Anyone else have these issues?

#1707 3 years ago

Did anyone mention the Hawkeye loop sensor not registering?
Been missing out on a lot of jackpots!

#1708 3 years ago

Have they got any QC at all? Really.

#1709 3 years ago

My Premium arrived yesterday. While setting it up, I couldn't get the playfield glass off. It was WAY too tight. It finally begrudgingly came out inch by inch by using an extreme amount of force. Which worries me, because of the pressure being so great on tempered glass. I tried to put a sheet of glass from another pinball into the AIQ but it was just as tight. So it's a cabinet issue. Stern has been responsive, but they aren't offering any solutions just yet. I'm talking like it took benching 100 pounds of weight to get the glass back into the cabinet. Crazy. Anyone else ever have this? It's a first for me.

#1710 3 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

My Premium arrived yesterday. While setting it up, I couldn't get the playfield glass off. It was WAY too tight. It finally begrudgingly came out inch by inch by using an extreme amount of force. Which worries me, because of the pressure being so great on tempered glass. I tried to put a sheet of glass from another pinball into the AIQ but it was just as tight. So it's a cabinet issue. Stern has been responsive, but they aren't offering any solutions just yet. I'm talking like it took benching 100 pounds of weight to get the glass back into the cabinet. Crazy. Anyone else ever have this? It's a first for me.

Not that amount of force but Ive always noticed invisiglass takes more force to pull out for me for some reason. With a premium that wouldnt be the case. Maybe the sides need some kind of lube(im guessing you shouldnt do that to glass though).

#1711 3 years ago

Mine felt abnormally tight the first 2 or 3 times, but not as extreme as it sounds like you're experiencing

#1712 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Just joined the club with an LE!
Having an issue with the ball falling off the wireform right after launching, as it approached the right inlane.
Also, wondering if the spinning disc is supposed to be really lose, or sort of tight as it turns? Mine seems sort of smooth, except when it hit likes 5-7 o'clock (assuming you're looking at it like a clock).
Anyone else have these issues?

I’m not sure about the disc, but here’s a link to a post that will most likely solve the issue with the ball guide. I had the same problem and this did the trick. Only took about five minutes to do. It’s easy to take the rail off, and then you just need to use pliers to very, very slightly bend the very end of the upper rail so that when you’re done the end of it is pointing pretty much parallel in line with the two lower rails the ball travels on as they cross the play field. Probably best to use a towel or something to protect the rail from the pliers. Here’s a picture of an overhead view on mine when I was done.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/22#post-5899526

6B107860-8114-42F4-B865-1B88C2958514 (resized).jpeg6B107860-8114-42F4-B865-1B88C2958514 (resized).jpeg
#1713 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Did anyone mention the Hawkeye loop sensor not registering?
Been missing out on a lot of jackpots!

Been mentioned. Seems to be an alignment issue with the sensor getting through the hole in the ball lane guide. Addition of a washer or washers to the bracket that holds both optos has solved it for most people with the issue.

#1714 3 years ago

Hello everyone, I’m having a problem with my AIQ and was hoping I could get some help.

My ball keeps landing in this area (hole) and it won’t eject, causing me to have to remove the glass raise the play field and fish it out. If you know why the ball won’t eject please help (looked at the wiring and everything seems to be plugged in.

Thanks

8A1F7FBE-8F06-4BBA-BE74-0F6C8660C247 (resized).jpeg8A1F7FBE-8F06-4BBA-BE74-0F6C8660C247 (resized).jpegF485E958-B96B-4D1D-A4A3-09430BE3DD8E (resized).jpegF485E958-B96B-4D1D-A4A3-09430BE3DD8E (resized).jpeg
#1715 3 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Hello everyone, I’m having a problem with my AIQ and was hoping I could get some help.
My ball keeps landing in this area (hole) and it won’t eject, causing me to have to remove the glass raise the play field and fish it out. If you know why the ball won’t eject please help (looked at the wiring and everything seems to be plugged in.
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Likely the switch needs to be adjusted. It's probably not registering that the ball is there. It looks like it's an opto. With nothing down there, open the coin door, pull out the white switch on the inside left of the coin door frame, press the service menu button on the coin door, go into diagnostics->switch test mode and wave a pencil or something down there and see if it registers when breaking the opto beam.

#1716 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Likely the switch needs to be adjusted. It's probably not registering that the ball is there. It looks like it's an opto. With nothing down there, go into switch test mode and wave a pencil or something down there and see if it registers when breaking the opto beam.

Kind of new here, what’s the best way to adjust the switch?

Thanks Monk

#1717 3 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Kind of new here, what’s the best way to adjust the switch?
Thanks Monk

First establish the switch is the problem. Do the test I outlined. Baby steps.

#1718 3 years ago

Easier way to tell is play game, let the ball fall in the hole and wait. The game will kick all the coils after 20 seconds or so. This is the ball search function.

If the ball comes out, the switch in the hole isn't working and needs adjusted or replaced

If the ball doesn't come out, the coil to fire the kicker underneath is bad or disconnected or something else is wrong on the node board.

#1719 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Easier way to tell is play game, let the ball fall in the hole and wait. The game will kick all the coils after 20 seconds or so. This is the ball search function.
If the ball comes out, the switch in the hole isn't working and needs adjusted or replaced
If the ball doesn't come out, the coil to fire the kicker underneath is bad or disconnected or something else is wrong on the node board.

Yup, the coil to fire the kicker isn’t working (The words I was looking for )
Thanks for the advice

#1720 3 years ago

This mode is pretty cool. Not sure if this means I did alright or not, but it's a pretty rad idea to have the flipper countdown.

PXL_20201022_043339060.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20201022_043339060.MP (resized).jpg
#1721 3 years ago

Got our premium today (first nib) and played for hours and hours. Great game, enjoyed by all skill levels. Couple balls got stuck under the thanos glove, took us a minute to find it but otherwise a very fun time.

#1722 3 years ago

Anyone else have the center ramp plastic "U" at the top missing the mounting screws on the left and right? Mine was moving every time I hit the ramp, and I thought the mounts were just loose, but once I looked closer I realised they were both missing the 6-32 3/8" screw on the underside of the mount on each side. Checked the manual to make sure there was supposed to be one, and there was. Weird.

#1723 3 years ago

We work actually on a Hulk edition Body Kit für the pro Model.

02FFB324-CAD2-4B69-B73A-30B9C1FBB613 (resized).jpeg02FFB324-CAD2-4B69-B73A-30B9C1FBB613 (resized).jpeg4A0E9FB3-CBF9-4A51-9D1A-18F4862FCAD5 (resized).jpeg4A0E9FB3-CBF9-4A51-9D1A-18F4862FCAD5 (resized).jpeg5408D347-323C-4F65-A9E9-7E0B6D56E120 (resized).jpeg5408D347-323C-4F65-A9E9-7E0B6D56E120 (resized).jpeg5A9DBEDF-83BF-47E0-A1B2-9DE535347609 (resized).jpeg5A9DBEDF-83BF-47E0-A1B2-9DE535347609 (resized).jpegBA25D519-8AC0-49A1-B049-52A7357BFB1F (resized).jpegBA25D519-8AC0-49A1-B049-52A7357BFB1F (resized).jpeg
#1724 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

This mode is pretty cool. Not sure if this means I did alright or not, but it's a pretty rad idea to have the flipper countdown.[quoted image]

Hey we have the same initials!!

#1725 3 years ago

Got a few games on mine before I went to bed last night. Holy crap this game plays smooth. I had no clue what I was doing yet but it's so satisfying to play.

There are shots everywhere on this game and they are really hard to brick. It really does flow so well.

Just with a cursory look over the playfield they've done a lot of cool geometry tricks to make it flow like this, and it works amazing.

Can't wait to get more games on it today!!!!

#1726 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

We work actually on a Hulk edition Body Kit für the pro Model.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Bellissimo

#1727 3 years ago

This morning my wife and I played a couple of games and she took a long look at the playfield. She said "wow, the art on this one is really beautiful." She's never said that before.

zombieyeti you did amazing. I keep finding little things in the art that make me smile.

#1728 3 years ago

Anyone have a link to the bulletin from Stern showing how to change level of spinner?

Also, has anyone had to adjust the spinner because it wasn't spinning smoothly?one has a lot of resistance.

Thanks!

#1729 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Been mentioned. Seems to be an alignment issue with the sensor getting through the hole in the ball lane guide. Addition of a washer or washers to the bracket that holds both optos has solved it for most people with the issue.

Any links to the problem?
Do I raise the guide rail? Or lower the sensor?

#1730 3 years ago

Our premium showed up yesterday, got it set up and looked over the playfield etc. Everything looks great, no pooling etc, looking forward to getting it leveled out and some games in this evening.

20201021_183152 (resized).jpg20201021_183152 (resized).jpg
#1731 3 years ago

Yes, i have the same issue with my premium. It is dangerously hard to slide the glass on and off. Please let me know if they give you a fix.

#1732 3 years ago
Quoted from eyeguy123:

Yes, i have the same issue with my premium. It is dangerously hard to slide the glass on and off. Please let me know if they give you a fix.

Mine is also a little tighter than I am used to, but not tight like you guys are saying.

#1733 3 years ago

EDIT - Distributor has me confused with an Elvira topper buyer, below info not correct!

INCORRECT Just got notified that toppers are in
$1,000 each. I’m out.
Holy Cow INCORRECT

#1734 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Just got notified that toppers are in
$1,000 each. I’m out.
Holy Cow

No way I’d pay even half that for the Avengers topper.

#1735 3 years ago

I’m going to try this today. Thank you!

Quoted from EaglePin:

That fixed it!!! I had thought the red led on the receiver board meant the board was functional. I didn’t realize it was only an indicator that it’s receiving the beam from the transmitter.
I unscrewed the opto bracket under the playfield and took it out, and it registered correctly in switch test . I put it back in and it wasn’t registering. So it was being blocked.
Long story short, with the bracket screwed in and flush against the underside of the playfield the emitter was sitting too high so the beam wasn’t going through the hole in the guide rail. I put a washer under each bracket screw to lower it and it’s working now. I’ve attached a picture showing my fix.
Thank you to you guys and also to Kurt hemispheres Amusements and Stern tech support who all were super responsive and sent me emails pointing me in the same direction at pretty much the exact same time you guys posted.
[quoted image]

#1736 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

$1,000 each. I’m out.
Holy Cow

How is this for real? Man I hope no one buys this topper if it costs 1k.

#1737 3 years ago

wow, yeah no chance I go in on the $1000 topper. Which sucks, because I was absolutely ready for ~$500 or so.

#1738 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

Question on the spinner disc (mine is Premium/LE, but may also apply to spinner on pro). I noticed that sometimes (only payed close attention once really) during the "opening" or first portal (when half the STRANGE letters start pre-lit), I was getting STRANGE letters added when the disc wasn't spinning. Is this potentially a sensor issue or a design element? During the same game, it was not adding letters over time when I went to open the portal the 2nd time. Just seemed odd to me and I haven't verified if its a once in a while thing, or an every time thing.

I have the same issue. Emailed Stern and they suggested how to adjust the sensor. Haven't done it yet as I am away from the game for a couple of days, but will send you the pdf if you message me your email address. Maybe it is posted on Stern's website somewhere? Haven't looked for that.
I had the ball flying off the ramp (fixed with bending) and ball stuck a few times in the subway (removed some plastic shavings, hasn't happened again lately). My plunger spring is 50/50% to get the ball fully around the ramp for the super skill shot. Minor stuff but it would be nice to luck out someday with a perfect one out of the box, but overall great game!

#1739 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

$1,000 each. I’m out.
Holy Cow

Where are the Toppers available?

#1740 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

$1,000 each. I’m out.
Holy Cow

Jesus Christ, where do they get off charging $1k USD for a large piece of plastic with some LEDs and *maybe* a motor (Don't know what this one does exactly).

#1741 3 years ago

For what its worth my distributor hasn't heard anything about the avengers topper and I think he would be one of the first to know

#1742 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

$1,000 each. I’m out.
Holy Cow

Unreal! and I saw the trailer for it and it was very similar to JP all plastic. That crazy unless it is giving me a complete different game mode and not just a sheep noise on every switch.

#1743 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

$1,000 each. I’m out.
Holy Cow

If that's legit, that's insane. That's almost 1/5 the price of an entire new Pro model shipped!!

#1744 3 years ago

Received my Avengers premium.

It’s not grabbing me as much as Jurassic Park did from the jump, but it seems like a really good game. Hopefully they add more code that will push it to that level.

The portal lock has already frustrated me as it often confuses the game and leads to ball searches or just general hang ups with the mech. It’s also odd when you don’t have any balls in the portal and you start a mode with one ball and you have to wait for it to go through each stage in the subway. Again, hopefully they can have the code take care of some of this stuff.

Game definitely has a lot of flow and all the ramp shots are satisfying to hit. I like the secret skill shot, it’s a very narrow window to get it which adds to the level of challenge, but rewarding when you nail it and you’re given a portal lock opportunity when you hit it. I love the repeatable thick ramp and it’s a blast to hit over and over.

Art is great, not Deadpool amazing IMO, but you can’t go wrong with ZY. Glove doesn’t look as bad as some people were saying early on.

Definitely glad I purchased it and look forward to additional code updates as they come along.

#1745 3 years ago

Just like P2W games, they're milking the whales with these $1K toppers. It's actually a pretty good racket... once a person has a couple games with toppers, their topper-less games stick out like a sore thumb. Gotta have 'em all! Make the official toppers limited production so folks have to scramble to get one and you got a nice money printing machine.

#1746 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I like the secret skill shot, it’s a very narrow window to get it which adds to the level of challenge, but rewarding when you nail it and you’re given a portal lock opportunity when you hit it.

This free portal lock is huge. Make the SSS on your first plunge, then 4 more combos and you can jump right into reality gem quest with 3x scoring, with the ability to bring in Thor if necessary. Should be good for 100M+ right off the bat. Don't make the SSS and you've got a tougher row to hoe, maybe start time gem with single ball play to boost all your multiball ballsaver times? I love how the game can unfold in many different ways.

#1747 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Any links to the problem?
Do I raise the guide rail? Or lower the sensor?

Putting a washer on the shared opto bracket on each side under the playfield lowered the sensors so they could see each other through the hole in the ball guide.

Look in the key post index at the top of the page for a link to the post with a picture and description.

#1748 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Just like P2W games, they're milking the whales with these $1K toppers. It's actually a pretty good racket... once a person has a couple games with toppers, their topper-less games stick out like a sore thumb. Gotta have 'em all! Make the official toppers limited production so folks have to scramble to get one and you got a nice money printing machine.

You forgot the part about offering less cool mechanical innovation/features with each one while adding DLC for the game that is only unlocked by having a topper. The toppers Stern is selling today for $700 and up are far less cool/interactive than Game of Thrones for $400 (which was outrageous pricing back then).

#1749 3 years ago

Does anyone have a problem with the avengers tower magnetic lock not holding the ball well? The ball goes up the ramp but does not hold every time . I think this was mentioned in a prior post. Also, this is my first game. I must be really slow but I am having a very hard time figuring out how to score and get gems and what to do with them. How do I learn all the rules :thinking ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Newnan, GA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 12,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/35?hl=zukram and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.