IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,774 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 256.
#1651 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

This game is amazing. Love it! Did have a ball get stuck here twice...anyone else?
Under the glove both times.
[quoted image]

Yes and it happens frequently on route on the Pro here. The ball isn't wedged in there it's just sitting there because it has no where to go. What happens is that the upper flipper pounds on that right ramp's right hand side. That tilts the ramp to the right slightly because there is nothing securing the left side of the ramp down up top. So a shot that doesn't make it all the way around that ramp will roll back and sit there now because of the lean it can't come back down the ramp. If you just take off the glass and push down on the left side of the ramp, it will roll back down, but trying to clear it on location people are beating the hell out of the game, rocking and dropping it to try to clear it and most of the time they are not successful. It's a bad design and Stern is going to need to do a service bulletin to fix it. There needs to be a plastic or something wedged in there on the left hand side to keep the ramp from bending to the right.

PXL_20201018_230154054 (resized).jpgPXL_20201018_230154054 (resized).jpg
#1652 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ut oh....you've broken the multiple floor rule!! All hope is gone... goodbye dining room table..

A friend of mine filled multiple rooms in his house and eventually the wife put her foot down. Solution, He bought a nice 45 foot long out building and put it in the back yard. Installed breakers, multiple outlets, insulation, paint, lighting, a/c unit, and a refrigerator. 15 pins, and about 8 arcades are now in the 'ark" as it's called. Its actually pretty cool!!

#1653 3 years ago

Does anyone have a picture of the weld that broke in some of the subway assemblies? I haven’t had any issues with mine. But I would like to inspect the suspect weld. Thanks

#1654 3 years ago

Check out post #643 best pic's of what broke !

#1655 3 years ago

thanks for the responses guys. i do some work for a metal fabricator from time to time, so i will see if they can help a brother out.

I do love this game, but as others have said the outlanes are brutal, even with no tilt bob installed.

#1656 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Check out post #643 best pic's of what broke !

Thanks! That is a terrible design flaw. All of the pressure is on the tip of a dowel...

This should’ve been a bolt imo.

8D1F7FD2-BEA2-4E3D-924C-ADEDBB9CE39D (resized).jpeg8D1F7FD2-BEA2-4E3D-924C-ADEDBB9CE39D (resized).jpeg
#1657 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Thanks! That is a terrible design flaw. All of the pressure is on the tip of a dowel...
[quoted image]

I will post pics of the new one they send me on Wednesday. Hopefully they changed it. That to me seems the only reason it would take so long to get the assembly to me

#1658 3 years ago

Got the call! AIQ Premium being delivered tomorrow morning. I can’t wait to officially join the owners club!

#1659 3 years ago

Premium will be arriving today. I can't wait!

#1660 3 years ago

Just got the call my premium arrives tomorrow!!!! WOOT!!!

#1661 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

[quoted image]

Yes. So you can fix it yourself with a bolt. ?

#1662 3 years ago

Anyone order their AIQ prem from the pinball company hear about the ETA? I can't ever get a hold of them to ask.

#1663 3 years ago

Sounds like the Premiums are finally rolling out en masse!! Exciting times!!

#1664 3 years ago

Slow train for my premium--- I live in Algonquin IL which is only 20 miles away from Stern. My Premium was sent to Palatine Depot to be delivered last Friday... somehow ended up at the Chicago Depot on Saturday... now it's on a loooong train to Arizona with no delivery date in sight. UPS-- the logistics experts "Brown Delivers"... not this time.

#1665 3 years ago

Got the Call. Premium being delivered Thursday!!

#1666 3 years ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

Slow train for my premium--- I live in Algonquin IL which is only 20 miles away from Stern. My Premium was sent to Palatine Depot to be delivered last Friday... somehow ended up at the Chicago Depot on Saturday... now it's on a loooong train to Arizona with no delivery date in sight. UPS-- the logistics experts "Brown Delivers"... not this time.

That's nuts man. Sorry for you. I'd be pissed. I know someone will say "first world problems" lol, but damn, it still stinks.

#1667 3 years ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

Sounds like you were just given a wrong tracking number.. Hopefully it's as easy as that? Can you call and confirm it?

#1668 3 years ago

Yep, all confirmed and valid tracking number-after 7 phone calls.... UPS is saying it was "mishandled". Next time I pick it up. I know these things are packed well to travel abroad and so forth, I just know this one is going to be handled by many fork lifts over its journey and I hope I don't see any damage.... Who knows, big time cluster. Funny thing is UPS called me yesterday to schedule a delivery for today, and I said, Are you sure its going to be there to send me, I'm hearing other information from the person I talked to earlier. She said, "Oh yeah, I didn't look into it, I was just scheduling what the tracking said". Their systems/processes need a little work.

#1669 3 years ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

I just know this one is going to be handled by many fork lifts over its journey and I hope I don't see any damage...

I wouldn't worry too much - plenty of us live quite far from IL and never have problems

#1670 3 years ago

She landed this morning!!!! Got her set up, updated code, put shaker in, and purple titans. Can't wait for my 5.25" speaker kit with purple panels and light kit to get here! No issues so far and a joy with every flip!!

20201020_112941 (resized).jpg20201020_112941 (resized).jpg20201020_113917 (resized).jpg20201020_113917 (resized).jpg20201020_122217 (resized).jpg20201020_122217 (resized).jpg20201020_125103 (resized).jpg20201020_125103 (resized).jpg
#1671 3 years ago

I got a call from my distributor, I should expect delivery this Friday!!

#1672 3 years ago

Not sure if anyone else has a game suffer from the Ant-Man lane guide over tightening issue. I have a ticket into stern on it but in the meantime to help I modified a Cliffy i had to protect it. I took the deadpool katana ramp cliffy and cut the corner so it wouldn’t cover the mystery insert then i cut it down length wise since you don’t need it that long. I filed the edges after cutting to make sure no sharp edges on the playfield. Figured this should work until Cliff has some time to make up a proper one.

01FB2400-6490-4303-8AD3-5A03E0E40372 (resized).jpeg01FB2400-6490-4303-8AD3-5A03E0E40372 (resized).jpeg6C23E95A-A877-4464-8E98-02088FC40964 (resized).jpeg6C23E95A-A877-4464-8E98-02088FC40964 (resized).jpegDD29EC87-C3A0-41BF-A77B-F33292086B90 (resized).jpegDD29EC87-C3A0-41BF-A77B-F33292086B90 (resized).jpeg
#1673 3 years ago

Those of you with portal issues whats your build date? Mine is Sept 30th, so far so good but haven't put that many games on it yet.

#1674 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

She landed this morning!!!! Got her set up, updated code, put shaker in, and purple titans. Can't wait for my 5.25" speaker kit with purple panels and light kit to get here! No issues so far and a joy with every flip!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Keep us posted. Im torn between blue or purple stuff. Thinking blue titans but purple tmolding and light kit myself.

#1675 3 years ago

My build date was Sept 30 and failed after 30 games

#1676 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Keep us posted. Im torn between blue or purple stuff. Thinking blue titans but purple tmolding and light kit myself.

I'm really digging the purple. I think it ties into the general color scheme of the playfield really well. Also, for everyone's benefit, the infinity gauntlet on pre/le looks a lot better in person. Not amazing, just not as cheap as it appears in photos and video.

20201020_204509 (resized).jpg20201020_204509 (resized).jpg20201020_204516 (resized).jpg20201020_204516 (resized).jpg20201020_204523 (resized).jpg20201020_204523 (resized).jpg
#1677 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

New to the mod game, can you give some more details on what you plan to do with the speaker upgrades? Thanks!

#1678 3 years ago

My premium is arriving tomorrow afternoon!

#1679 3 years ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

Yep, all confirmed and valid tracking number-after 7 phone calls.... UPS is saying it was "mishandled". Next time I pick it up. I know these things are packed well to travel abroad and so forth, I just know this one is going to be handled by many fork lifts over its journey and I hope I don't see any damage.... Who knows, big time cluster. Funny thing is UPS called me yesterday to schedule a delivery for today, and I said, Are you sure its going to be there to send me, I'm hearing other information from the person I talked to earlier. She said, "Oh yeah, I didn't look into it, I was just scheduling what the tracking said". Their systems/processes need a little work.

The more it’s tossed around the more damaging that gets done. Damn.

#1680 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Not sure if anyone else has a game suffer from the Ant-Man lane guide over tightening issue. I have a ticket into stern on it but in the meantime to help I modified a Cliffy i had to protect it. I took the deadpool katana ramp cliffy and cut the corner so it wouldn’t cover the mystery insert then i cut it down length wise since you don’t need it that long. I filed the edges after cutting to make sure no sharp edges on the playfield. Figured this should work until Cliff has some time to make up a proper one.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My buddy had a slight issue but didnt turn it in to stern. Let me know if they do anything for you.

#1681 3 years ago
Quoted from Babarr3445:

New to the mod game, can you give some more details on what you plan to do with the speaker upgrades? Thanks!

This, with the lighting kit and purple bezel frames.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-2-525-speaker-plates-amp-various-color-speaker-surrounds

#1682 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Not sure if anyone else has a game suffer from the Ant-Man lane guide over tightening issue. I have a ticket into stern on it but in the meantime to help I modified a Cliffy i had to protect it. I took the deadpool katana ramp cliffy and cut the corner so it wouldn’t cover the mystery insert then i cut it down length wise since you don’t need it that long. I filed the edges after cutting to make sure no sharp edges on the playfield. Figured this should work until Cliff has some time to make up a proper one.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think that actually looks pretty damn good. Nice work!

#1683 3 years ago

Okay, so finished the long play on Avengers temp testing. There's definitely real flipper fade on the long games over about 1.5 hours. Peak temp in my 125 minute test (solid play) was 150.22F and it came after the 2 hour mark. 145F came at 1 hour 37 min. So I definitely believe that temps of 150-155F were causing the fade on Karl DeAngelo's livestream based on the trouble he was having with the marvel ramp and the length of time he had been playing.

Avengers is strange though because the coil temps have plenty of little game breaks (like the flip-counting soul gem mode and the avengers tower magnet hold) to help the coil temps go down a little at a time and this makes it really hard to get into a full-on weak flipper kind of fade that happens in the mid 140s or so. So for most players that play less than 60 minutes at a go, or take breaks of 5-10 minutes between games, I'd say Avengers is a mild fade machine since it's unlikely they'll see temps over about 135F.

But if you play it long enough straight and get enough multiballs over time, it's a Moderate fade game for long play of 2 hours or more since I now know it can get over 150F in 2 hours.

#1684 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Speaking of Cliffy, has anyone been able to send him pics and measurements of the VUK so he can get a protector made up?

Btw is cliffy making a guide protector for AIQ? I notice he’s got a basic protector set but it looks like the guide protector is the one from DP.

#1685 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

guide protector is the one from DP

If it ain't broke, why fix it, perhaps?

#1686 3 years ago

Question on the spinner disc (mine is Premium/LE, but may also apply to spinner on pro). I noticed that sometimes (only payed close attention once really) during the "opening" or first portal (when half the STRANGE letters start pre-lit), I was getting STRANGE letters added when the disc wasn't spinning. Is this potentially a sensor issue or a design element? During the same game, it was not adding letters over time when I went to open the portal the 2nd time. Just seemed odd to me and I haven't verified if its a once in a while thing, or an every time thing.

#1687 3 years ago

Really like my LE so far. The subway seems like such an over complicated mech for what it is doing. Why does it need all the moving parts to stage balls? With all the talk about Sterns keeping the BOM low, that mech is baffling.

#1688 3 years ago

2nd question (apologize as a general forum search didn't provide a definitive specific answer and this is my first NIB pinball machine so really don't want to mess anything up). If I want to add an external subwoofer, can I just piggy back an extra set of wires off the speaker terminals for the woofer in the bottom of the cabinet, or is that a bad idea?

#1689 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

can I just piggy back an extra set of wires off the speaker terminals for the woofer in the bottom of the cabinet, or is that a bad idea?

Yes you can. You can either use alligator clips (or similar), or you can solder the speaker wires directly to the terminals on the existing sub. I have two pins setup this way and they share the same external powered sub

#1690 3 years ago

My premium shipped today. Doesn’t arrive until Monday though. Can’t wait.

Edit: why does Chicago have to be so far away.

FD63A9F8-0D68-4CEF-B9F0-AA01441132C5 (resized).jpegFD63A9F8-0D68-4CEF-B9F0-AA01441132C5 (resized).jpeg
#1691 3 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

Yes you can. You can either use alligator clips (or similar), or you can solder the speaker wires directly to the terminals on the existing sub. I have two pins setup this way and they share the same external powered sub

Thanks, I have done this with my older pins, but wanted to make sure it wouldn't mess anything up with all the new fandangled goodness that is AIQ Pre!

#1692 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Those of you with portal issues whats your build date? Mine is Sept 30th, so far so good but haven't put that many games on it yet.

Mine is September 25th

#1693 3 years ago

Just got my Premium set up and it is beautiful. After a couple test games my upper left flipper is now an inch offset into the Playfield. I checked underneath and everything on the flipper assembly is in tact and the assembly is resting on the pad. Any ideas on how to adjust this?

F2B73B3F-D8BC-43C8-8FEA-74A96616D7A4 (resized).jpegF2B73B3F-D8BC-43C8-8FEA-74A96616D7A4 (resized).jpeg
#1694 3 years ago
Quoted from Maverick203b:

Just got my Premium set up and it is beautiful. After a couple test games my upper left flipper is now an inch offset into the Playfield. I checked underneath and everything on the flipper assembly is in tact and the assembly is resting on the pad. Any ideas on how to adjust this?
[quoted image]

Did you check if the set screw on the shaft of the flipper bat is tight? You probably need to put it back to the original position and tighten the set screw. There should be a tiny gap between the bottom of the flipper bat and the flipper bushing when you tighten it back in place.

#1695 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Lol, I was thinking about doing this intentionally to prevent SDTM drains from the Avengers tower That's been getting me a lot during multiball when I don't realize one's about to be released from there. It's also got me a couple times when I took a second to catch my breath after Soul Gem. I'm happy I won the mode and then suddenly the next thing I know the ball is released and draining while I relaxed for a second.

Hope you can get the flipper re-adjusted okay.

#1696 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Did you check if the set screw on the shaft of the flipper bat is tight? You probably need to put it back to the original position and tighten the set screw. There should be a tiny gap between the bottom of the flipper bat and the flipper bushing when you tighten it back in place.

Thanks for the insight. I must’ve loosened it when I was putting on new rubbers. I’ve got it tightened up and back in place. I’ve tried green and purple on the upper flipper and I like the purple. I’m going blue on the main flippers

07E9D7FA-68E8-4209-B1F5-FF5A184927EF (resized).jpeg07E9D7FA-68E8-4209-B1F5-FF5A184927EF (resized).jpeg0FC556B9-0D83-4C4B-B52F-5C60C37A07BD (resized).jpeg0FC556B9-0D83-4C4B-B52F-5C60C37A07BD (resized).jpeg
#1697 3 years ago

Just got word from my distributor that my premium is delayed due to backordered parts. Stern hopes to go back into production next week. Guess the lucky few can have their fun while I wait and dream of being part of the avengers team.

At least I got my LEDs and all my bobble heads in for my sweet homemade topper!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1698 3 years ago

I must’ve loosened it when I was putting on new rubbers.

Probably just not tight enough from the factory. Unless you removed the flipper bats entirely to put new rubbers on.

#1699 3 years ago

Officially in the house!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1700 3 years ago

LE#19 arrived, placed next to deadpool LE#19

BC7FA1FA-931B-4173-B34D-C402B2BF8981 (resized).jpegBC7FA1FA-931B-4173-B34D-C402B2BF8981 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Trade
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 300.00
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 12,774 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/34?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.