IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 256.
#1601 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

I just scheduled my delivery for tomorrow, so also good to know. I'm assuming I'll make sure everything powers fine, but then update before playing at all (if I can resist )

Is this delivery of a Premium?

#1602 3 years ago

So in the twitch video ( link at post #1594 ) near the end Gary S . and Jack Danger are playing a few games on a AIQ pro and they say - shooter feels weak . I think Gary said he had to change to a differnt spring on his . Ha ! Will they change springs when they build the Prem.s ? Now I know I have more games at my house than Gary Stern has at his ! Ha !

#1603 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So in the twitch video ( link at post #1594 ) near the end Gary S . and Jack Danger are playing a few games on a AIQ pro and they say - shooter feels weak . I think Gary said he had to change to a differnt spring on his . Ha ! Will they change springs when they build the Prem.s ? Now I know I have more games at my house than Gary Stern has at his ! Ha !

I doubt they'll change the spring. On JP, the manual actually lists an orange spring as stock, but stern kept shipping with green springs which were too weak. Personally, I like to keep a good variety of springs on hand and swap them out as needed to suit any given game.

#1604 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Is this delivery of a Premium?

Yes sir. I'll try and post some pics if it gets delivered earlier during the time window UPS freight quoted me (any time between 11 AM and 4 PM, UGH) as I have to take my boys to soccer practice later tomorrow.

#1605 3 years ago

Avengers assembled!
IMG_6303 (resized).JPGIMG_6303 (resized).JPG

#1606 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Avengers assembled!
[quoted image]

I really had to look at that hard. At first I was like "Oh wow, how did he get art blades on his premium already?!?", but then I realized it was a reflection off the backglass from the pro next to it (which I didn't even notice was there at first).

#1607 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

On Avengers I am noticing some fade after about 45 minutes to an hour. I don't think it's a lot of fade, but I think the steeper ramps on Avengers make it noticeable.

Cosigned.

#1608 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

I haven't looked at the color spring on mine, but it's not weak at all. It easily gets the ball around the ramp to the right flipper on the plunge.

#1609 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

On Avengers, specifically, the wide open playfield and longer ball return times (ramps, pops, hold tower, etc) feel like it gives the flippers more time to rest, which adds up over time.

Crackpot theory: Soul Gem was placed strategically to rest the flippers for a long game.

#1610 3 years ago

*immediately starts sweating and calling distributor regarding whereabouts of my Premium*

#1611 3 years ago

my distrib emailed to confirm my address for shipping. i believe itll be this week for my premium.

#1612 3 years ago

I went in on day one, hopefully I hear from my distrib soon too. I can't wait to see this between my DP and MBr!

#1613 3 years ago

I just called mine and was told Stern sent them an email it will be another 4-5 weeks. Large distributor, ordered 9/8, was supposedly 4th in line at that time. I am irritated

#1614 3 years ago

The key to happiness is to order a game, don't ask when you're getting it, make no assumptions, don't nag the distributor, and be pleasantly surprised when you get the call.

#1615 3 years ago

LE spring is not weak at all.
Just put up a monster.
Collected all the gems, had them spread out.
Made it past 1st black order mode.
2 shots away from collecting the avengers for a 3rd time.
What a crazy game. Can’t wait to see where they go with the code and graphics.

669EC84D-6739-4327-A028-6F75249D0BC1 (resized).jpeg669EC84D-6739-4327-A028-6F75249D0BC1 (resized).jpeg
#1616 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

The key to happiness is to order a game, don't ask when you're getting it, make no assumptions, don't nag the distributor, and be pleasantly surprised when you get the call.

I just don't understand any other way to play it.

#1617 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Easy to say when you've got TWO.

But seriously, I agree. The only way to be disappointed is to set expectations.

#1618 3 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

I just called mine and was told Stern sent them an email it will be another 4-5 weeks. Large distributor, ordered 9/8, was supposedly 4th in line at that time. I am irritated

That’s why my last two has been LEs. The one time I ordered a DP pro when announced And it took forever. Now it I think it’s a keeper and a theme we love I’ll just do an LE.

#1619 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

But seriously, I agree. The only way to be disappointed is to set expectations.

I am still waiting on my LE to ship from distributor, good thing I just picked up BBH Reloaded, I haven’t touched a pin in days!

#1620 3 years ago

Is there a good order to play the gems in for strategy? Looking at the rules sheet, it seems like maybe going for power gem, getting it, and putting it at the drop targets to go for the time gem would be good. Any other ideas like that out there?

#1621 3 years ago

Quick question, is anyone else having issue with the ball staying on the rail that cuts across from left to right and drops the ball for the right flipper? 1/5 times it will fall off before completing the rail and this results in some ball drains occasionally...

I have leveled the field (using a level and the level on the game)

I own the PRO

#1622 3 years ago
Quoted from dibuono18:

Quick question, is anyone else having issue with the ball staying on the rail that cuts across from left to right and drops the ball for the right flipper? 1/5 times it will fall off before completing the rail and this results in some ball drains occasionally...
I have leveled the field (using a level and the level on the game)
I own the PRO

Search is your friend: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/22#post-5899526

#1623 3 years ago

Patiently waiting to hear from Flip n Out about my Premium. Hopefully this week?

#1624 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Ha! Fair point. Premium was picked up & tested for a friend, left last night. Pro sold as of an hour ago, pending pickup. I went from two to zero in record time.

#1625 3 years ago

FedEx just scheduled my Premium AIQ delivery tomorrow between 2:45 and 4:45. : )
Very Excited!

#1626 3 years ago

I get a TON of outline drains and these things are closed from the factory. Any suggestions or just PLAY BETTER?

#1627 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I am still waiting on my LE to ship from distributor, good thing I just picked up BBH Reloaded, I haven’t touched a pin in days!

Picking up my LE from the depot in a couple of hours. Finally. At least I won't be the last one in North America to get his LE, thanks Indusguys

#1628 3 years ago

Just got told by my dealer that Stern had a few production issues on AIQ and that my Premium got bumped back to end of next week......sigh.....

#1629 3 years ago

Hope mine gets bumped all the way to when they fix all these issues and improve their QC.

#1630 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Just got told by my dealer that Stern had a few production issues on AIQ and that my Premium got bumped back to end of next week......sigh.....

My distributor said the same; Premium production bumped to end of next week. So damn, looks like could be 3-5 weeks before it arrives

#1631 3 years ago

@ AUKraut Similar information here. Was expecting shipment late last week or sometime this week on a Pro. Production issues and delay into early November. Dealer was notified this morning of the delay.

Sounding like it might be issue with having enough personnel to keep production line staffed for full operation. It's going to be a couple weeks more plus wait.

Guessing several dealers were notified today..... line may be impacted.

#1632 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Picking up my LE from the depot in a couple of hours. Finally. At least I won't be the last one in North America to get his LE, thanks Indusguys

Just heard from distributor, mine is being shipped tomorrow!

#1633 3 years ago

I am sure Stern is doing their best trying to handle production challenges related to the current environment. Many industries impacted.

Best thoughts and wishes to all workers.

#1634 3 years ago

Yup, I’m betting those production issues haven’t been made any better with JJP line going at the same time a few blocks away...

#1635 3 years ago

Hey kids. Any early LE owners that had the portal walker assembly fail, did you receive your replacement yet? And if so, how is it holding up?

My LE failed after the 3 or 4 game after setting up so I have been running with it disabled for now. I am working with stern on replacement parts but apparently they are out of stock on the replacement.

Just wondering if I should look at getting the spot weld fixed myself or wait for the stern part?!

Thanks for any info!

Other than that I am very happy with my game!!

#1636 3 years ago

fxdwg = If it were me I would find a friend or weld shop . Looks like a easy weld job . I would not waite for Stern .

#1637 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I get a TON of outline drains and these things are closed from the factory. Any suggestions or just PLAY BETTER?

I learned when I said the same thing in the Jurassic Park owner's thread, in Elwin's games, you just have to make your shots. I think AIQ is a bit more forgiving that JP though. The outlanes are not super forgiving from a nudging standpoint, once it gets over there it's hard to get out.

#1638 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I learned when I said the same thing in the Jurassic Park owner's thread, in Elwin's games, you just have to make your shots. I think AIQ is a bit more forgiving that JP though. The outlanes are not super forgiving from a nudging standpoint, once it gets over there it's hard to get out.

Yea when it gets over there I feel like it’s less than 50% chance of not draining

#1639 3 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

My LE failed after the 3 or 4 game after setting up so I have been running with it disabled for now. I am working with stern on replacement parts but apparently they are out of stock on the replacement.

...and I'm really wondering if this is the reason for the production delays of the Premiums. Maybe just a coincidence, but if a week delay gets me a better built Portal mech I'm fine with that!

#1640 3 years ago

311 is in the house! I was so excited I could hardly wait for my friend to help. We slid it down the stairs in the box. So much easier than carrying it down out of the box (from past experience). Basement is officially full now damn. Love this pin!

0596A910-46A4-4973-B0BB-701D9A84D3A6 (resized).jpeg0596A910-46A4-4973-B0BB-701D9A84D3A6 (resized).jpeg38817374-4192-476B-89B3-71C87FDB2BCB (resized).jpeg38817374-4192-476B-89B3-71C87FDB2BCB (resized).jpeg8D9DAF7A-1267-4DBB-88C4-E7C7B4625F10 (resized).jpeg8D9DAF7A-1267-4DBB-88C4-E7C7B4625F10 (resized).jpegC96B0409-2AE9-4CE9-BBF6-CD5ED4CFE494 (resized).jpegC96B0409-2AE9-4CE9-BBF6-CD5ED4CFE494 (resized).jpeg
#1641 3 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

311 is in the house! I was so excited I could hardly wait for my friend to help. We slid it down the stairs in the box. So much easier than carrying it down out of the box (from past experience). Basement is officially full now damn. Love this pin!

Congrats!!! I cracked up though. "officially full". My house is full too...and then I had a friend keep a game.

#1642 3 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

Congrats!!! I cracked up though. "officially full". My house is full too...and then I had a friend keep a game.

My basement is full. Didn’t say the house is full. In fact, likely going to get Guns ‘N Roses and will put on first floor. Never can we stop right?

#1643 3 years ago

My mistake Sir!

#1644 3 years ago

LE is in the house and setup! Everything looks great so far. One (very) minor question:

I always go through the goodie bag. Got the usual spare sling plastics, stand up target stickers, but only one key fob plastic, the little dog. Anyone else get other key fob plastics? Usually they have three or four different ones. Need to know if I have to go full on rage mode at Stern support tomorrow

#1645 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

LE is in the house and setup! Everything looks great so far. One (very) minor question:
I always go through the goodie bag. Got the usual spare sling plastics, stand up target stickers, but only one key fob plastic, the little dog. Anyone else get other key fob plastics? Usually they have three or four different ones. Need to know if I have to go full on rage mode at Stern support tomorrow

I was always told not to touch that goodie bag for resale value!

#1646 3 years ago

Paul, I only found the little dog key fob as well.
Kinda made me laugh as it strangely reminds me of our dog.
Awesome game, enjoy!

#1647 3 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

My basement is full. Didn’t say the house is full. In fact, likely going to get Guns ‘N Roses and will put on first floor. Never can we stop right?

Ut oh....you've broken the multiple floor rule!! All hope is gone... goodbye dining room table..

#1648 3 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Hey kids. Any early LE owners that had the portal walker assembly fail, did you receive your replacement yet? And if so, how is it holding up?
Just wondering if I should look at getting the spot weld fixed myself or wait for the stern part?!
Thanks for any info!
Other than that I am very happy with my game!!

I was the first to post the subway "broken spot weld finger issue"
I am still waiting on assembly. Im being told it should be here on wednesday. Basically 2 more days. I put in service order on October 2nd.
My machine had under 15 plays when it broke. Forcing me to disable subway.
Im not sure why it is taking so long!

#1649 3 years ago

Mine assembly also broke after about 30 plays. I thought waiting a week was long lol. Guess I have at least another week to go.

#1650 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I was the first to post the subway "broken spot weld finger issue"
I am still waiting on assembly. Im being told it should be here on wednesday. Basically 2 more days. I put in service order on October 2nd.
My machine had under 15 plays when it broke. Forcing me to disable subway.
Im not sure why it is taking so long!

Hope you get that replacement mech and the welds look to be of better quality. Please take a few pictures of the two so we can see if they've just sent you another without modification or if they actually took a look at the problem area which quite a few have had HERE and im sure many others not on pinside have also experienced.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 19.00
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 16.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/33?hl=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.