IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 256.
#1501 3 years ago

Anyone been playing with the challenge mode yet? It's pretty cool. I'm not so good at it yet. But, I was victorious a few times.

#1502 3 years ago

Just finished up powder coating and changing out T Molding on my pro. I was torn going with the yellowish Gold but now that its done I love it. I opted not to go lollipop rails because i love the art around the flipper buttons.

796ED108-D338-4F6A-97E4-0D6F4478A54D (resized).jpeg796ED108-D338-4F6A-97E4-0D6F4478A54D (resized).jpegB9FB7B16-16E5-45F7-80EA-D9D1FC3B8FFF (resized).jpegB9FB7B16-16E5-45F7-80EA-D9D1FC3B8FFF (resized).jpeg
#1503 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Just finished up powder coating and changing out T Molding on my pro. I was torn going with the yellowish Gold but now that its done I love it. I opted not to go lollipop rails because i love the art around the flipper buttons.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks fantastic!

#1504 3 years ago

I spoke to soon... GI on the right side seems to have gone out. Any thoughts?

IMG_4592 (resized).jpegIMG_4592 (resized).jpeg
#1505 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

[quoted image]

Don't know a ton about repairs but this happened on my High Speed one time. Turned out to be a blown fuse.

#1506 3 years ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

Don't know a ton about repairs but this happened on my High Speed one time. Turned out to be a blown fuse.

No fuses on Spike2, with the game turned on lift the playfield and check all the node boards, they should all show a green led and red led, no green means it’s dead.

#1507 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

[quoted image]

First thing I would do is lift the playfield and check your node boards down on the bottom of the playfield and around that area, each node board should have a green and red LED, one indicates power to the board (red I think) and one indicates the board is communicating/working (green) if one of those is likely the issue if the whole area is without GI.

#1508 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I had a section of GI on my Deadpool LE that wouldn't light, turned out to be a bulb short triggering the overcurrent protection. I did get an overcurrent protection warning when I turned on the machine though.

I would remove and check each bulb in the section that is out.

#1509 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Nice Vic! Very nice! Have you finalised pricing?

Not yet. I'm using a couple standoffs that slide into the back to reinforce it and metal standoffs are ridiculously expensive for what they are, and I don't want to drop down to nylon ones. So I need to settle on which kind of metal standoffs I go with (and what height - there's about a 3/8" range of difference in the various ones I'm playing with). I also need to finalize the stabilization piece for the standup with the windows so it doesn't sag (which is part of the reason the stock one is obscured, too). I should have it figured out probably over the weekend or by next week for sure, but just lots of small details are still in flux that would affect the cost. The best part of it for me is that I was able to get the Dr Strange plastic to illuminate pretty well also by bouncing the side flasher light back up. Looks cool.

#1510 3 years ago

Thanks everyone, seems my Pinstadium lights were causing the short. Strange I've used them in most of my sterns and never had such an issue.

#1511 3 years ago

my right ramp that goes around the gauntlet has stopped registering shots. I am guessing it is an opto but don't know what to do or how to verify. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

#1512 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thanks everyone, seems my Pinstadium lights were causing the short. Strange I've used them in most of my sterns and never had such an issue.

Spike is extremely fussy with voltage. You may be just a hair low on this machine and adding pinstadium pushed it over (or the pinstadium strip itself may have a problem causing too much voltage draw). Check the output of the power supply to make sure it's putting out a solid 48v to the power distribution board. If it's not, there's a pot that can adjust the output.

#1513 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

my right ramp that goes around the gauntlet has stopped registering shots. I am guessing it is an opto but don't know what to do or how to verify. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Put the game in switch test mode (using the buttons inside the coin door). Pull out the white post inside the left of the coin door frame so the playfield is powered while the door is open and wave your finger in front of the optos to see if it triggers them.

#1514 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Put the game in switch test mode (using the buttons inside the coin door). Pull out the white post inside the left of the coin door frame so the playfield is powered while the door is open and wave your finger in front of the optos to see if it triggers them.

ok...just did that and it did not register. other switches did register.

#1515 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Step one of any trouble shooting should always be removing mods to rule them out.

#1516 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Look at the little lights on the opto circuit board and (while switch test mode is still on the screen) wiggle with wiring to see if the board LED goes on or off when you do, indicating a short. Also try pressing on the board in various directions. Switch test mode may trigger as you do this to tell you you're getting close to the problem.

#1517 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Verify alignment of the 2 optos for that switch : transmitter/receiver. They have to be in direct line of sight with each other to work properly.

#1518 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I definitely recommend powering any mods separately and not leeching off the pin's power.

#1519 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Look at the little lights on the opto circuit board and (while switch test mode is still on the screen) wiggle with wiring to see if the board LED goes on or off when you do, indicating a short. Also try pressing on the board in various directions. Switch test mode may trigger as you do this to tell you you're getting close to the problem.

Thanks...this fixed it. touched the red wire on the the right opto. Light came on the left opto and it is now registers. thank you for the help!!

#1520 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not yet. I'm using a couple standoffs that slide into the back to reinforce it and metal standoffs are ridiculously expensive for what they are, and I don't want to drop down to nylon ones. So I need to settle on which kind of metal standoffs I go with (and what height - there's about a 3/8" range of difference in the various ones I'm playing with). I also need to finalize the stabilization piece for the standup with the windows so it doesn't sag (which is part of the reason the stock one is obscured, too). I should have it figured out probably over the weekend or by next week for sure, but just lots of small details are still in flux that would affect the cost. The best part of it for me is that I was able to get the Dr Strange plastic to illuminate pretty well also by bouncing the side flasher light back up. Looks cool.

Go with metal stand offs if you need to Vic I’m sure people would be happy to pay the extra for a couple of metal standoffs.

There’s some truly terrible mods for this game, this one is one of the very few must haves for this pin!

#1521 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thanks everyone, seems my Pinstadium lights were causing the short.

FYI for anyone having any issue on any game in the future, if you have powered mods installed, try disconnecting those first, or at least mention you have them before just saying "my GI is out."

#1522 3 years ago

Anyone else having this issue?
Ball traverses the subway, gets past the LAST set of fingers and just sits there. Seems like there is a bit of a”dip” in the subway in that spot just before it dumps the ball to the VUK, have to nudge machine every time to get it to drop to VUK or it will go into ball search

FD95C05D-8AB6-46CE-8FAB-DCB28D6E53CC (resized).jpegFD95C05D-8AB6-46CE-8FAB-DCB28D6E53CC (resized).jpeg

2F25C167-95F0-4B5C-8CC7-94725564DC90 (resized).jpeg2F25C167-95F0-4B5C-8CC7-94725564DC90 (resized).jpeg
#1523 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I definitely recommend powering any mods separately and not leeching off the pin's power.

Why? There’s plenty of power available if you know what you are doing and don’t go crazy. I’ve never ever had a power issue with a spike game, or any game really.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Spike is extremely fussy with voltage. You may be just a hair low on this machine and adding pinstadium pushed it over (or the pinstadium strip itself may have a problem causing too much voltage draw). Check the output of the power supply to make sure it's putting out a solid 48v to the power distribution board. If it's not, there's a pot that can adjust the output.

Haven’t experienced this. What have you tried to power and had an issue?

I’m not sure about pinstadium, but I thought they power them externally? Might be wrong on that. If they do draw power from the game, that’s adding like 60-100 leds, and that could cause issues. I do believe they do a lot of backstabbing and alligator clips. If not done securely, that can cause an issue.

#1524 3 years ago

Is anyone working on a mod for the pro for a better indicator for the sanctum lock being lit other than the light on the playfield? I always find i miss alot when it was lit and just like to have a better visual

#1525 3 years ago

Yeah, my pinstadiums have a wall wart.

#1526 3 years ago

Link to Cliffys basic protection set for AIQ:

https://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

#1527 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I personally haven't experienced it, but I am very careful to check amp draw, etc before I do anything (although I will say that the fused harness for the tibetan breeze flipper coil cooling kit does exactly what it's designed to do to protect the node board, I blew a fuse on it during development when I inadvertantly shorted it).

However, I have seen a number of occasions where people have had some mod they DIY'd or bought cause issues. Alligator clips are often involved.

#1528 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Go with metal stand offs if you need to Vic I’m sure people would be happy to pay the extra for a couple of metal standoffs.
There’s some truly terrible mods for this game, this one is one of the very few must haves for this pin!

Well, thanks for the vote of confidence! Non-metal standoffs are out of the question. I just can't do it. The question is whether I find brass, steel, stainless steel, or aluminum at the best price. I want steel or stainless steel, but they are pricier than aluminum or brass. I'll figure it out. I've taken to calling this mod the Dr. Strange tuna can almost from the beginning, because it looks kind of like a tin of sardines before it's put together. That may be the final mod name because I've called it that so much I can't imagine it being called something else. But maybe when I write the story for the product description, something else will happen. Pinmonk DOES have a cat, so...

#1529 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Why? There’s plenty of power available if you know what you are doing and don’t go crazy. I’ve never ever had a power issue with a spike game, or any game really.

Because all spike machines have properly calculated power budgets. Leeching power from the pin can push them over that budget. These aren't the machines of old where you could just tap into power willy-nilly.

I can understand why you'd not like my statement though, given your business.

#1530 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Because all spike machines have properly calculated power budgets. Leeching power from the pin can push them over that budget. These aren't the machines of old where you could just tap into power willy-nilly.

The best place to get power from spike is the coin door interface board, using features that are not used by most people (all those empty connectors are 5v and 12v power, depending on the connector). Those each have varying available power budgets of up to 2A depending on the connector, which is a lot. And if there's fused protection built into the mod, it's pretty low risk. But I agree that drawing from outside the spike system (service jack, for example) is the only truly foolproof way.

#1531 3 years ago

Pinstadiums get their power from the service outlet. No issues there. The GI tap from the game to the Pinstadiums simply triggers a relay to tell the pinstadiums to turn on/off with the machine. Shouldn't have any issues at all. Maybe one of the GI taps got shorted?

#1532 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Has nothing to do with my business. We are careful to not overload the system. You have 2a from the backbox, that's plenty to run several small mods. many people make it sound like you'll blow up your machine. I'd be more worried about improper install than a power issue. Ps is a good example. I saw a guy post on a Wonka install, backstabbing connectors, loose hanging alligator clips, etc.

#1533 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Ball traverses the subway, gets past the LAST set of fingers and just sits there. Seems like there is a bit of a”dip” in the subway in that spot just before it dumps the ball to the VUK, have to nudge machine every time to get it to drop to VUK or it will go into ball search
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Haven't seen that complaint, but I'd add a washer to the subway end or the VUK, depending on which side needed to go up or down, so there's a smooth transition or a drop from the subway into the VUK so the ball can get into it freely.

#1534 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Anyone been playing with the challenge mode yet? It's pretty cool. I'm not so good at it yet. But, I was victorious a few times.

5:12 is my best so far. It’s great practice.

#1535 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Whoa...definitely w Wolfmarsh and PinMonk on this one. A couple of blinky, 3D toys is one thing, but I've seen power sag and game resets on many games from underglow or any LED strings of substance. ColorDMD pulls it's share too. CFTBL was notoriously "on the edge" as was TZ and others.

Seperate power for the mods = happy game....

#1536 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Whoa...definitely w wolfmarsh and vireland on this one. A couple of blinky, 3D toys is one thing, but I've seen power sag and game resets on many games from underglow or any LED strings of substance. ColorDMD pulls it's share too. CFTBL was notoriously "on the edge" as was TZ and others.

Yep, under cabinet led strip and ColorDMD on my Dredd was too much = blown fuse

#1537 3 years ago

yea my wonka wouldnt work properly with pinstadiums installed. Gobstopper stopped working and turned out to be a fuse or something. Without pinstadiums its fine. So I guess its common across different platforms.

#1538 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Whoa...definitely w wolfmarsh and vireland on this one. A couple of blinky, 3D toys is one thing, but I've seen power sag and game resets on many games from underglow or any LED strings of substance. ColorDMD pulls it's share too. CFTBL was notoriously "on the edge" as was TZ and others.

I Think maybe we need a separate thread on this. It’s an interesting issue for sure. Let’s keep it to AIQ here. Sorry for the diversion.

#1539 3 years ago

This will be my first pin with a magnet. Certain balls to avoid? I know I've seen a thread on this before somewhere.

#1540 3 years ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

Certain balls to avoid?

Don’t buy the chrome shiny balls like ninja balls or from Marco the silver jet balls. They have warning notes when buying them, but they are susceptible to magnetization. I had put silver jet balls in my stern spiderman and within a couple games, the balls were magnetized and stuck to the ramps and shooter lane!

#1541 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I Think maybe we need a separate thread on this. It’s an interesting issue for sure. Let’s keep it to AIQ here. Sorry for the diversion.

Agreed....it's been discussed elsewhere....apologies....Avengers Assemble!!! having a blast playing this thing!!

#1542 3 years ago

I played the AIQ pro at game galaxy In Smyrna TN. This particular game played terrible, but I could tell it’s going to shoot great and I’m excited to get mine.

This game had lightning flippers and the right one wouldn’t travel all the way and was super weak. Super tight tilt and no ball save made it pretty infuriating to play, but at least it was on free play.

#1543 3 years ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

This will be my first pin with a magnet. Certain balls to avoid? I know I've seen a thread on this before somewhere.

Carbon Steel balls for any game with a magnet

#1544 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I played the AIQ pro at game galaxy In Smyrna TN. This particular game played terrible, but I could tell it’s going to shoot great and I’m excited to get mine.
This game had lightning flippers and the right one wouldn’t travel all the way and was super weak. Super tight tilt and no ball save made it pretty infuriating to play, but at least it was on free play.

Why would anyone do this? What a stupid thing to do to a new pin.

#1545 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

What pitch is your game at ? Mine did this too, before i raised to about 7 degrees.. It still slows down there, and a couple times with a shot into the vuk, ill find the ball resting at that spot, a ball search wont kick it out even as the fingers dont seem to reach there..

#1546 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Deleted. Self censored

#1547 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haven't seen that complaint, but I'd add a washer to the subway end or the VUK, depending on which side needed to go up or down, so there's a smooth transition or a drop from the subway into the VUK so the ball can get into it freely.

Might try that - thx

#1548 3 years ago

This game is amazing. Love it! Did have a ball get stuck here twice...anyone else?
Under the glove both times.

48D89C92-18B3-455B-B337-E8FC77222FCB (resized).jpeg48D89C92-18B3-455B-B337-E8FC77222FCB (resized).jpeg
#1549 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Carbon Steel balls for any game with a magnet

Ball Baron Polaris balls here no issues

#1550 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

This game is amazing. Love it! Did have a ball get stuck here twice...anyone else?
Under the glove both times.
[quoted image]

what pitch and is it level side to side? Usually that happens to me on other games is when setup isnt perfect

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/31?hl=birdforce1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.