IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 253.
#1451 3 years ago

Pretty sure that’s a Keychain. Not sure how it relates to Avengers though...

#1452 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

Ok anyone know where the dog would go. I saw the extra plastics in the bag for my LE and I was like oh a dog. It's stapled to the side so I don't want to pull it out unless it would look cool somewhere.
[quoted image]

Looks like it's just meant to be a keychain piece for your coin door keys.

#1453 3 years ago

Won't have my LE until Monday. Dammit.

#1454 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's all a bit worrying for someone like me who has to pay someone to do the maintenance.

Good time to learn! If you can turn a screwdriver, you can do basic pinball tweaks/maintenance. People are good with posting fix guides here. Follow along and copy their work.

#1455 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Pretty sure that’s a Keychain. Not sure how it relates to Avengers though.

Linus is a friend of the design team.

#1456 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

Ok anyone know where the dog would go. I saw the extra plastics in the bag for my LE and I was like oh a dog. It's stapled to the side so I don't want to pull it out unless it would look cool somewhere.
[quoted image]

Hm...I recognize that dog.

#1457 3 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Hm...I recognize that dog.

Do tell...

#1458 3 years ago

I'm not totally sure but it looks like Super Linus aka The Goodest Boy.

#1459 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm in for a premium, but the subway thing seems a design fault. People are saying there is either not enough opto's or the design with the fingers is incorrect and stopping it from functioning properly. People are resorting to disabling it. If I'd wanted it disabled I would have saved money and bought a pro.
It's all a bit worrying for someone like me who has to pay someone to do the maintenance.

my subway, disc and lights weren't working correctly or at all to begin with. Tried a few things, now they all work flawlessly. In hindsight, they were all real simple adjustments. The engineers who designed the mechs usually do with with tolerances built in. Not everything is perfect off the line, it might even get messed up in shipping. It's worth it in the end though.
Pretty rare to get a NIB game, without having to make some tweaks. The main reasons I have zero qualms about buying sterns is their products can take a beating without to much intervention and their tech support is great.

If you don't want to handle the stuff yourself, can't your distro help you out?

#1460 3 years ago
Quoted from Gameroom-Goodies:

we have pro's in stock ready to ship

I traded a game to the Pinball company towards this game before it was even announced. Still no word...

#1461 3 years ago

Anyone having issues with the volume of the game randomly getting extremely loud at game start? I’ve got an LE and have had it happen a few times now. Scares the shit out of me and makes the speakers sound like they are about to blow as it’s clear the amp is causing extreme distortion. I’ve not gotten the chance to run and grab my key to see if a volume up/down makes it go away. My normal volume setting is 17. I’ve had to power the game down immediately each time to save my ears and the speakers.

#1462 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Just got mine delivered! Big thanks to Kurt hemispheres Amusements for another smooth buy and delivery!!! Haven’t played a game yet. Only had a chance to take a couple quick pics of different flipper colors. I’m leaning toward dark blue.
P.S. - New pinball machine smell beats new car smell any day!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting these! That dark blue really pops. I'm torn between that and the yellow.

Would you mind sharing where you bought them from?

#1463 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Is this causing a logic and play problem or is it only causing the ball to not be in the subway window?

Logic problem. It loses the ball and only spits it out after 6 ball searches about 90 seconds later. Stern is sending me a new assembly, so hopefully I will be good after that.

#1464 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I bought my NIB Stern JP Premium last spring and have been happy with zero issues (Knock on virtual wood) so I didn't think of any ill thoughts to order this NIB stern premium when I saw the trailer. Paid in full on day 1 of ordering. It seems now that almost every LE that has come home, has serious issues with the subway/spinner. Minor adjustment on the wire ramp seems to have solved some issues with ball dropping. Wondering now if I can cancel my order with some sort of refund to avoid all these headaches, or am I just over reacting?

Yes. If you read many of the post in this thread, owners are making adjustments, sharing their adjustments, and moving on. I's a pinball machine. Only major issues (scratched invisiglass for example) or broken parts of major concern.\

If you end up getting your LE this will be the place to learn how to adjust and enjoy it.

#1465 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
So i will get my LE at end of the month.
Just wanted to know how is the playfield quality? Does it require a playfield protector or not?
Thanks

What type of playfield "protector" are you considering?
Will you game be HOU? I wouldn't worry about any additional protection except for maybe a shooter lane and scoop cliffy.
The traditional playfield protector is a nightmare to put on and changes how the game plays. I wouldn't recommend it for a second.

#1466 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Avengers is a very colorful game already. Even most of the clear inserts are RGB, there are only a few that could have color added and not be out of place. THOR and IRON are the two that most need a little color. THOR a blue to white gradient and IRON a light blue for more of an arc reactor suggestion.

In my GB Premium, instead of changing the bulb color I placed a small (just larger then the insert) piece of colored gel plastic between the bulb and the insert (bottom of playfield of course). I used near by already-installed-screws or tape to keep the gel (cello) in place. I matched the colors to the mode or the area of the playfield. I receive tons of compliments on the matching colors. You don't have to buy in bulbs or board mounted SMDs, you can switch colors and try new ones and it's all easily removable later.

Example of what I used but there are many choices: https://www.amazon.com/eBoot-Pieces-Transparent-Plastic-Correction/dp/B06VT87HRZ/ref=sr_1_2

#1467 3 years ago

I really like Sterns new lighting coming from the apron. It helps light up the flipper area and the artwork in the area. It would be cool if Stern put out a kit to retrofit other Spike 2 games with that.

#1468 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

In my GB Premium, instead of changing the bulb color I placed a small (just larger then the insert) piece of colored gel plastic between the bulb and the insert (bottom of playfield of course). I used near by already-installed-screws or tape to keep the gel (cello) in place. I matched the colors to the mode or the area of the playfield. I receive tons of compliments on the matching colors. You don't have to buy in bulbs or board mounted SMDs, you can switch colors and try new ones and it's all easily removable later.
Example of what I used but there are many choices: amazon.com link »

I did similar on many of the white only lights on my Deadpool.

PinMonk (aka Pinmonk) makes and sells very nice color "brackets" that also do this for multiple games.

#1469 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Won't have my LE until Monday. Dammit.

Good to hear Canadians getting LE's, still haven't heard from Player 1 about mine? I guess you guys are cooler then me! That's what I get for living in this God forsaken city!

#1470 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

I really like Sterns new lighting coming from the apron. It helps light up the flipper area and the artwork in the area. It would be cool if Stern put out a kit to retrofit other Spike 2 games with that.

I did it on my Deadpool, was fairly easy to do. Pics are a bit rough, but you get the idea. $5 in materials and it makes a notable difference to the lower PF.

Apron Light (resized).pngApron Light (resized).png
#1471 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

my subway, disc and lights weren't working correctly or at all to begin with. Tried a few things, now they all work flawlessly. In hindsight, they were all real simple adjustments. The engineers who designed the mechs usually do with with tolerances built in. Not everything is perfect off the line, it might even get messed up in shipping. It's worth it in the end though.
Pretty rare to get a NIB game, without having to make some tweaks. The main reasons I have zero qualms about buying sterns is their products can take a beating without to much intervention and their tech support is great.
If you don't want to handle the stuff yourself, can't your distro help you out?

Yeah, yuou guys aren't listening. I expect a machine to need an adjustment or to find a lost screw after shipping. i don't expect it to have a design fault that stops the subway from working properly as intended. IE the finger things that lose the ball and the machine has to do ball seraches to find them.
As far as i can tell, that's not an 'adjust and move on' move.

#1472 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Thanks for posting these! That dark blue really pops. I'm torn between that and the yellow.
Would you mind sharing where you bought them from?

I got them from Titan. Lol, so I guess that's pretty fitting since this game features Thanos the Titan

Full disclosure though, I changed back to the stock black because the Titans seemed too bouncy for my liking. I'd never used them before, but to me in playing a couple games I thought they seemed a lot bouncier than standard rubber. Maybe they calm down after some breaking in, I don't know. It's a bummer because I really liked the color.

Maybe I'm missing it somewhere, but I'm not seeing standard flipper rubber offered anywhere in anything other than red or black.

#1473 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yeah, yuou guys aren't listening. I expect a machine to need an adjustment or to find a lost screw after shipping. i don't expect it to have a design fault that stops the subway from working properly as intended. IE the finger things that lose the ball and the machine has to do ball seraches to find them.

Fair points!

If your prefer - It may be best to wait a few months to let any mechanical "bugs" get worked out in the design. Sometimes things don't show up in testing (especially with Covid keeping the engineers apart for a lot of the development time) and they do show up once you get larger volumes of systems out in the field.

#1474 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I got them from Titan. Lol, so I guess that's pretty fitting since this game features Thanos the Titan
Full disclosure though, I changed back to the stock black because the Titans seemed too bouncy for my liking. I'd never used them before, but to me in playing a couple games I thought they seemed a lot bouncier than standard rubber. Maybe they calm down after some breaking in, I don't know. It's a bummer because I really liked the color.
Maybe I'm missing it somewhere, but I'm not seeing standard flipper rubber offered anywhere in anything other than red or black.

Titan offers a "thin, low bounce" flipper rubber now I've never tried them out, but they offer them.

#1475 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Titan offers a "thin, low bounce" flipper rubber now I've never tried them out, but they offer them.

I have tried them, and they are much better then the original Titan flippers for me. I would say the bounce about the same or just a little more then Super Bands, and they put less spin on the ball.

#1476 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Yeah, those were the ones I ordered. The Low Bounce Standard. Maybe I'll put them back on and try them out a bit longer to see if my thoughts change.

#1477 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

You can just order the newer apron from your distributor or cut your existing one if you have the right tools.

Quoted from Aquapin:

I did it on my Deadpool, was fairly easy to do. Pics are a bit rough, but you get the idea. $5 in materials and it makes a notable difference to the lower PF.
[quoted image]

Did you order a new apron or cut your existing one?

#1478 3 years ago

Does anyone have information on sounds settings on the LE to get the best sound? I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to the different sound frequency, gain, filter, etc. settings.

For JP2, someone posted the settings they were using and I remember changing mine to those settings and being absolutely blown away by how much better it sounded. If anyone has ideas on optimal settings for this one that would be great.

#1479 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You can just order the newer apron from your distributor or cut your existing one if you have the right tools.

Did you order a new apron or cut your existing one?

Very easy to do with a Step Drill Bit Set. The hole on stock aprons is approx 7/8". I just installed a metal apron my AIQ Pro this morning and drilled out both sides. Trickiest part is lining it up, but if you are adding your own lighting then you don't even have to worry about that as you can put the lights where ever you ended up putting the hole

20201016_124133 (resized).jpg20201016_124133 (resized).jpg
#1480 3 years ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

Here we go boys...LE #260 is in the house. They clearly do not make them in order as my production date was 10/5. I definitely enjoy it so far. A bit dark. Stern should include the topper and speaker lights with LE's. My Monster Bash (Limited Edition) came with both at a lower cost and I love that game as well. Plenty of shots to make and as I'm not a pinball whiz, it should challenge me for some time.
It is too bad that some of you have had issues, I've been lucky so far. Second NIB purchase and I think that is the way I'm going from now on. My Monster Bash (Limited Edition) had one small issue, they sent me the new part and it was perfect. We'll see if something breaks on this or if I luck out.
Looking forward to getting a few mods, the topper and lights.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not to mention the cost difference the work that CGC put into redrawing the DOTS and the added LED integration with the GI as well makes their new machines a thing of beauty! I loved the SE Monsters bash we had in my area with the Bigger DMD and added Lightshow improvements it was EPIC! Well worth the 7,200 for the machine shipped. It had been hard to find a good quality original MB for under 7k and these things BLOW THE ORIGINAL OUTTA THE WATER!!! Stern needs to Improve the QC and Upgrade the no brainer parts for all of us LOYAL customers who pay $7500-9100 on the regular! We deserve colored GI & FULL RGB Lighting at this point for premium games as well as a custom sculpted topper and a few sculpts to replace certain flat plastic themed pieces found on their pro /premium/ LE models and just make those flat themed plastics for the PRO only (think flat plastic gauntlet on pro VS sculpted gauntlet on Prem/LE.) Or flat plastic of raptor on JP2 pro VS plastic moving raptor figure on Premium/LE. Some stuff is just LONG OVERDUE STERN PINBALL!

#1482 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

That's too bad. I know I had (or even still have) some blue and green real rubber. I guess with all the fancy new materials, demand for non-standard color flipper rubber must have dropped off a cliff.

#1483 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

We deserve colored GI & FULL RGB Lighting at this point for premium games

Please god no. I will pay extra for white GI. Or better yet, just put that RGB money into mechs, code, etc. Most inserts only need to be one color.

#1484 3 years ago

Played this for the first time on location today and man was it fun. Other than the crappy voice work it’s a stellar pin. I’m getting the first pin for m collection Tuesday and would totally consider this for the home down the road!

#1485 3 years ago

After playing for a few minutes again this afternoon I realized I wanted to try it set up a little faster, so I went back up on the pitch to 6.9 by the flippers, and on mine that's 6.8 up by the disc. I just played it for about an hour and I was really, really happy with it and all shots were still smooth. I don't know why I got some rejects at the left ramp when I first tried 6.7 but it seems all good now.

Also, I put the blue Titans back on and played for about an hour and loved it! I think the lower pitch was causing a lot of the bouncy/floaty action I wasn't happy with before. Now with it up at 6.9 I'm liking them a lot.

So far no issues with my subway or disc. I made the very slight adjustment to the left return wire and had zero balls off the rail in an hour of play. Took about 5 minutest to do from start to finish.

I'm really loving this game a ton, and I'm sure it will still get even better as I learn the rules more. The flow from shot to shot to shot is amazing and the shots are a lot of fun!!! What I'm really liking about the game is all the different choices you have for each shot. It seems like each time the ball goes to a lower flipper you have at least 3 good options to go after. I think it's going to be fun figuring out different ways of scoring and progressing in the game from all the choices available. Should keep the game interesting to keep around too.

One code request if anyone from Stern is reading. I had both Mystery and Change Gems lit at the Pym hole. I hit the hole, changed my gems, and then mystery awarded me... light Change Gems. But I just did that. Maybe remove that as a mystery award if change gems and mystery were lit at the same time? Okay, time to go play some more!

#1486 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Please god no. I will pay extra for white GI. Or better yet, just put that RGB money into mechs, code, etc. Most inserts only need to be one color.

I dunno. RGB GI can be very cool if used well. I'm not a huge fan of red GI because it makes the game harder to see, but blue gi in some of the jjPotC modes is very effective. Pinkish red GI in Lovegun (or was it Dr. Love?) modes for KISS is also pretty cool. I agree that there's more potential for bad usage or over-use, but in general, I've seen the potential to enhance the play experiences and it is great if used well.

#1487 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Pinball Resource carries yellow (and I think white?), but neither would be good options if you don't want bouncy.

#1488 3 years ago

My Limited Edition showed up today! Amazing game! Keith Elwin knocked it out of the park!

20201016_161938 (resized).jpg20201016_161938 (resized).jpg20201016_161957 (resized).jpg20201016_161957 (resized).jpg
#1489 3 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

My Limited Edition showed up today! Amazing game! Keith Elwin knocked it out of the park!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow beautiful game room.

#1490 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I get your point... but I think these games should have the capability of colored GI included so the design team can implement different moments in the games as they see fit... I don't incorporate any kind of static colors in my GI lamps for the sole reason of how horrible it makes a game look if done the wrong way. BUT! The cpu controlled RGB lighting used on CGC games, rick and morty, TMNT, walking dead, and some of the work pinball refinery did with some of their custom machines (Thinking of Metallica off the top of my head) is GREAT! Also the ability to utilize RGB GI within browser.

#1491 3 years ago

LE 133 reporting for duty! Elwin strikes again!!! Just incredible. Everything seems to work 100% out of box. PF needs some light so considering Pinstadium to help the beautiful colors pop.

6F760CC5-C8FF-467A-BF5E-3E834056DFD4 (resized).jpeg6F760CC5-C8FF-467A-BF5E-3E834056DFD4 (resized).jpeg
#1492 3 years ago

Left ramp cover screws came out mid game. oh well. easy fix

20201016_205601 (resized).jpg20201016_205601 (resized).jpg
#1493 3 years ago

I had the avengers tower randomly stop holding balls . Drained and then next ball if worked fine . Bug ?

#1494 3 years ago

#102 Found a new home yesterday after a 18 hour one day round trip trade deal.

I have only played a handful of games on it so far as I was dead tired when I got home but so far it’s amazing!

84CDE691-AA26-42BE-99E1-399C54AFD84E (resized).jpeg84CDE691-AA26-42BE-99E1-399C54AFD84E (resized).jpegBECCEFD1-D14C-4CFA-8C03-A463BB91CD48 (resized).jpegBECCEFD1-D14C-4CFA-8C03-A463BB91CD48 (resized).jpegDF21AEF9-EC94-48B5-B5BC-C47BDA70E457 (resized).jpegDF21AEF9-EC94-48B5-B5BC-C47BDA70E457 (resized).jpeg711187C7-7695-418E-8E18-B276D44B5D19 (resized).jpeg711187C7-7695-418E-8E18-B276D44B5D19 (resized).jpegF77837F3-37ED-4F3E-A425-18E48B91D933 (resized).jpegF77837F3-37ED-4F3E-A425-18E48B91D933 (resized).jpeg41BA1D11-FEA7-4ED6-83E1-84D968CAC959 (resized).jpeg41BA1D11-FEA7-4ED6-83E1-84D968CAC959 (resized).jpeg
#1495 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

there is an an adjustment underneath that aligns the plastic and metal grooves up. on mine the arms or fingers or whatever were getting caught and not coming up all the time (intermittent). Sometimes it had to go into ball search to find the ball. It did this every time portal locks were a thing. I aligned that and also added 2 washers near the end to increase the slope, so it'd drop in the VUK easier. As sometimes it got held up at the end depending on pitch and if it were leaning left at all.

#1496 3 years ago

Just about have the Dr. Strange light bezel finished. It raises the plastic and flash dome up about an inch so you can SEE the windows on the plastic below it. Also, the bezel has a reflector inside that bounces the side flash lighting that's wasted in the factory setup back up towards the Dr. Strange plastic so it lights up very nicely as the main flash lighting is directed down. There's also some symbols on the front and front sides that light up. Should be in the Pinmonk store here pretty soon.

DrStrangeBezel.gifDrStrangeBezel.gif
#1497 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just about have the Dr. Strange light bezel finished. It raises the plastic and flash dome up about an inch so you can SEE the windows on the plastic below it. Also, the bezel has a reflector inside that bounces the side flash lighting that's wasted in the factory setup back up towards the Dr. Strange plastic so it lights up very nicely as the main flash lighting is directed down. There's also some symbols on the front and front sides that light up. Should be in the Pinmonk store here pretty soon.[quoted image]

Nice Vic! Very nice! Have you finalised pricing?

#1498 3 years ago

Only got to play 3 games on this last night but it shoots so good. I can’t wait to dive in more and learn all the nuances to the rules. But for three games it was a blast to just shoot all the blinky stuff. Haha. Every shot felt good on the pro.

I’m terrible at timing the balls coming out of the magnet lock. Haha

#1499 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Only got to play 3 games on this last night but it shoots so good. I can’t wait to dive in more and learn all the nuances to the rules. But for three games it was a blast to just shoot all the blinky stuff. Haha. Every shot felt good on the pro.
I’m terrible at timing the balls coming out of the magnet lock. Haha

Yeah same, and I've found (at least on the game at Pinball Garage) that if you whiff the shot from the top flipper completely it's a SDTM.
Hoping I can slightly adjust something when I get my Premium so that there's a chance to recover.

#1500 3 years ago

There is. Don’t whiff.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ghent, WV
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 49.99
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
7,899 (OBO)
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/30?hl=skogen75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.