IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 253.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

In the owners thread ...again...
December delivery for my first run Premium AMD say's here in Australia. Hoping they are under promising and over delivering as it's only 3 weeks on the boat to get here.
My second nib, Deadpool Pro was my first ever pinball, but my first preorder.

more than 3 weeks, even if Direct its out of LA, Train to LA from Factory to Australia about 45 Days

#102 3 years ago

Here's just a little nugget to feed the nerd inside of all of us. This is from the very limited number of comics i still own. i was going through them last night. Origin story and first appearance of Captain Marvel. December of 1967.

20200917_073512 (resized).jpg20200917_073512 (resized).jpg20200917_073603 (resized).jpg20200917_073603 (resized).jpg
#103 3 years ago

Don't go showing graded and encapsulated comics - next thing, pinheads will be doing that with play fields.

Ha Ha

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Don't go showing graded and encapsulated comics - next thing, pinheads will be doing that with play fields.
Ha Ha

Oh lord! Hadn't thought of that!! Lol

#105 3 years ago

Anyone get an LE yet?

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Anyone get an LE yet?

Not yet. Pros are all that's shipped so far. I spoke with Stern yesterday. They said LEs on the line "within a couple weeks".

#107 3 years ago

just finished playing a few more games at Trent's barn. WOW just WOW!!!! This game is going to be one of the greatest of all time. It just plays. It's fun and no cheap drains. Code is understandable and somewhat acheivable for us mere mortals. Shots are smooth and fair. I told my friend I might have to buy 2 because my family is going to be fighting over who is playing.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

more than 3 weeks, even if Direct its out of LA, Train to LA from Factory to Australia about 45 Days

I did say 'on the boat'.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

just finished playing a few more games at Trent's barn. WOW just WOW!!!! This game is going to be one of the greatest of all time. It just plays. It's fun and no cheap drains. Code is understandable and somewhat acheivable for us mere mortals. Shots are smooth and fair. I told my friend I might have to buy 2 because my family is going to be fighting over who is playing.

Could you take a picture of the instruction card?

#110 3 years ago

This is/will be the best pinball game ever! SUPER IMPRESSED. Here are a couple of pics with the glass off

IMG_4590 (resized).jpegIMG_4590 (resized).jpegIMG_4591 (resized).jpegIMG_4591 (resized).jpegIMG_4595 (resized).jpegIMG_4595 (resized).jpeg
#111 3 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

This is/will be the best pinball game ever! SUPER IMPRESSED. Here are a couple of pics with the glass off
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent, thanks!

#112 3 years ago

Love that instruction card!!! And the gems on the right hand side card. Nice touch!

#113 3 years ago

I honestly thing that *initial* stream of the game was very confusing. But when you actual play it the rules are easier to understand than Deadpool. It feels like a combo of my two favorite games. Deadpool and Jurassic Park. Fast and fun but strategic and laid out perfectly. I think I might only buy Elwin games from here on out haha.

#114 3 years ago

I honestly thing that *initial* stream of the game was very confusing. But when you actual play it the rules are easier to understand than Deadpool. It feels like a combo of my two favorite games. Deadpool and Jurassic Park. Fast and fun but strategic and laid out perfectly. I think I might only buy Elwin games from here on out haha.

May I ask you the game code version at shipping?

#115 3 years ago

This is/will be the best pinball game ever! SUPER IMPRESSED.

Honeymoon period much?

#116 3 years ago

Good to know. I for one, can definitely say the initial stream confused/scared the heck out of me. The later streams have been a big relief.

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Honeymoon period much?

Lol First time playing it.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

That's exciting to read! Sounds like Keith has knocked it out of the park again and I can't wait to get mine!

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Not yet. Pros are all that's shipped so far. I spoke with Stern yesterday. They said LEs on the line "within a couple weeks".

I’d imagine they are on the line now or some are complete. I’ve been asked to pay in full and the machines are estimated to be ready in the next week or so.

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I’d imagine they are on the line now or some are complete. I’ve been asked to pay in full and the machines are estimated to be ready in the next week or so.

I certainly hope you are correct, I'm ready for mine asap! I'm just passing along what the lady at Stern told me. She may have been just saying next few weeks to lower my expectations. You know, better to deliver earlier than expected rather than later than expected. That type thing. I'd be stoked to have mine before the end of the month.

#121 3 years ago

Thanks CoolCatPinball for the invite to the official owners thread.
I posted this in the old hype thread but thought I'd make it official here

Prepping for my LE delivery by better understanding the backstory to this game.

I can heartily recommend the Kindle version of the Infinity Gauntlet written by Jim Starlin ($3.99 Kindle DL)
I was able to read all 6 editions in just a few hours and all at one sitting
If this was the story that the game derives much of its structure, then it's no surprise that it strikes a more "serious" and sometimes dire tone. The comic certainly did
Heck, it was a story about the end of the universe and with little hope of stopping it.

Also, when reading the comics, I was able to understand the large presence of Dr. Strange in the game - this is because of his large role in the Gauntlet story

Great story and read!

Also bought a Gauntlet for display next to the game. Signed by Jim Starlin
Yes, it's right handed but it's still cool and comic appropriate

Screenshot_20200914-193907_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200914-193907_Chrome (resized).jpgIMG_9278 (resized).JPGIMG_9278 (resized).JPG
#122 3 years ago

I’m hearing there’s a good chance LE will be in homes before the end of the month.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

I’m hearing there’s a good chance LE will be in homes before the end of the month.

Lovin' what you're hearin'!

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Lovin' what you're hearin'!

Same here man, I certainly hope that's the case! Pinball NJA, where did you get your info?

#125 3 years ago

There is a significant upgrade in sound quality in an LE over the regular no name Stern Pro/Pre speaker kit. Both the LE’s back box Kenwood speakers and the Goldwood 4ohm 8” subwoofer in the cabinet, create a more immersive sound. However, I like to install a 10” Hertz ES 250 subwoofer in the cabinet for an even greater bass performance, along with a bass amp to get the performance out of the Hertz sub. But the Stern LE upgrade is sufficient and quite noticeable.

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

There is a significant upgrade in sound quality in an LE over the regular no name Stern Pro/Pre speaker kit. Both the LE’s back box Kenwood speakers and the Goldwood 4ohm 8” subwoofer in the cabinet, create a more immersive sound. However, I like to install a 10” Hertz ES 250 subwoofer in the cabinet for an even greater bass performance, along with a bass amp to get the performance out of the Hertz sub. But the Stern LE upgrade is sufficient and quite noticeable.

What bass amp are you using?

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Have you ever used the Flipper fidelity speaker kits? I’m curious on if those are a good upgrade for the price?

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Have you ever used the Flipper fidelity speaker kits? I’m curious on if those are a good upgrade for the price?

If you’re going to do any aftermarket upgrade and want to hear real difference, Pinwoofer is the way to go. You might as well just get off the shelf aftermarket speakers if you’re considering pinball pro or flipper Fidelity.

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you’re going to do any aftermarket upgrade and want to hear real difference, Pinwoofer is the way to go. You might as well just get off the shelf aftermarket speakers if you’re considering pinball pro or flipper Fidelity.

I second the motion in support of Pinwoofer. Here are a few pics showing their speakers vs. the stock speakers from my JP pro. Besides the speakers, the kit comes with a plug in amplifier that has separate gain controls for backbox, sub, sub frequency, treble, and master volume. Super easy to install.

20200830_110227 (resized).jpg20200830_110227 (resized).jpg20200830_110240 (resized).jpg20200830_110240 (resized).jpg20200830_113100 (resized).jpg20200830_113100 (resized).jpg20200830_113119 (resized).jpg20200830_113119 (resized).jpg

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Thanks scribbles for the invite to the official owners thread.
I posted this in the old hype thread but thought I'd make it official here
Prepping for my LE delivery by better understanding the backstory to this game.
I can heartily recommend the Kindle version of the Infinity Gauntlet written by Jim Starlin ($3.99 Kindle DL)
I was able to read all 6 editions in just a few hours and all at one sitting
If this was the story that the game derives much of its structure, then it's no surprise that it strikes a more "serious" and sometimes dire tone. The comic certainly did
Heck, it was a story about the end of the universe and with little hope of stopping it.
Also, when reading the comics, I was able to understand the large presence of Dr. Strange in the game - this is because of his large role in the Gauntlet story
Great story and read!
Also bought a Gauntlet for display next to the game. Signed by Jim Starlin
Yes, it's right handed but it's still cool and comic appropriate [quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve been doing the same thing. I signed up for the marvel app (first week free trial) and reading these on the iPad. Open up the entire marvel catalog too.

#131 3 years ago

Them pro speakers look pretty sorry...they BOSE?

Last (old) update i got was around 24 Sep for LE ship date....Anyone have anything legit as of today they havent been delayed anything serious? Not at all suggesting we harass our distros for an update.

Is it normal for the mod community to be this quiet on a new game? Hoping tilttopper or someone makes something neat...maybe Avengers tower to the left of the “A” logo or something....the gauntlet is the obvious choice but can they tap it in to light with the game without the supposed spike node boards that are in the toppers? Im also done watching streams of the game. Not that anyone asked....saw what i needed. Excited

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Them pro speakers look pretty sorry...they BOSE?
Last (old) update i got was around 24 Sep for LE ship date....Anyone have anything legit as of today they havent been delayed anything serious? Not at all suggesting we harass our distros for an update.
Is it normal for the mod community to be this quiet on a new game? Hoping tilttopper or someone makes something neat...maybe Avengers tower to the left of the “A” logo or something....the gauntlet is the obvious choice but can they tap it in to light with the game without the supposed spike node boards that are in the toppers? Im also done watching streams of the game. Not that anyone asked....saw what i needed. Excited

One guy earlier (post 119) said his distributor asked him to pay his balance. Thats usually an indicator that games are coming soon. As far as the glove goes, I'd love to see some simple replacement gem covers that are colored instead of white. That would make the glove look much better without a complete replacement.

#133 3 years ago

the kit comes with a plug in amplifier

This sets them apart. Sure better speakers will improve things, but the game needs a better amp to really use the better speakers.

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

100% agree on Pinwoofer products over all others.
I did a review on them recently ...

https://thepinballloft.com/2020/04/24/woofers-dinosuars/

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

100% agree on Pinwoofer products over all others.
I did a review on them recently ...
https://thepinballloft.com/2020/04/24/woofers-dinosuars/

Wow brother! That is a great write up! The only thing I would add is their newest kit comes with a much nicer all in 1 amplifier. No more mounting 2 separate amps.

#136 3 years ago

Wow brother! That is a great write up! The only thing I would add is their newest kit comes with a much nicer all in 1 amplifier. No more mounting 2 separate amps.

Yeah they stepped their game up big time with that new amp.

#137 3 years ago

Getting my first premium

#138 3 years ago

With the Stern LE you just need the amp kit from pinwoofer? And it's worth it, the difference?

#139 3 years ago

So, do you think we are playing pinball as Adam Warlock? I’m not all the way through the comic series yet; but, I was curious if that was the Designed idea since he orchestrated the battles with Dr Strange and assembly of the heroes to go after Thanos.

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

With the Stern LE you just need the amp kit from pinwoofer? And it's worth it, the difference?

Message lodgingdolphin he has it in a couple LEs. I think it depends on the game.

#141 3 years ago

Without tossing them to the wolves, a reliable source for pins....
It’s only “hear say” at this point of course.
I put my deposit down for my LE and someone mentioned,
Don’t be surprised if you get a call to come pick it up in the next couple weeks.
I think they are a head of schedule on this one.
If the Europe ships are packed, they are not packed with pros alone.

Same here man, I certainly hope that's the case! Pinball NJA, where did you get your info?

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

What bass amp are you using?

Using bass amps that I have built from parts ordered via Alibaba. Hooking them inline with the sound card on Spike 2. Powering them from the RN9 (think that is the slot name) slot in the back box. Hooking to dual voice coil on the sub.

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yes, have used one of those sets, but don’t think they’re as good as what I listed above. The FF has a decent crossover the back of the sub, but the speaker itself is only so so, imo. Magnet on the back is not anywhere near the quality of the Hertz 250 and pricing of the 2 is on parity.

#144 3 years ago

I'm in for a Premium. Must've lucked out since my distributor told me October. They also told me November for the topper and shooter rod. I am Excited-man.

#145 3 years ago

Damn, I forgot about the topper and shooter!
Is this Christmas?

Quoted from djsoup:

I'm in for a Premium. Must've lucked out since my distributor told me October. They also told me November for the topper and shooter rod. I am Excited-man.

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

That's the first I have heard for any of the accessories being available. Our distributor wasn't sure when they would be getting them yet.

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Pinwoofer kit is nice and really is worth the money spent, imo. I’ve used Pinwoofer too. The subwoofer needs to be upgraded and used with Pinwoofer amp to hear the real difference. Stern’s LE sub is not that good, only sufficient. I keep the Stern Kenwood LE speakers because of the look in the LE back box, however, the Pinwoofer amp, will improve sound coming from those as well. This is the best mod/upgrade anyone can do to any pinball machine, imo.

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from WindRaidor:

So, do you think we are playing pinball as Adam Warlock? I’m not all the way through the comic series yet; but, I was curious if that was the Designed idea since he orchestrated the battles with Dr Strange and assembly of the heroes to go after Thanos.

I’m thinking about it that way too.

#149 3 years ago

I’m in on the LE. First NIB ever. I bought a Star Trek LE of TD my local Craigslist two months ago. He needs a friend.

Guns and Roses...not even close to being my music.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Without tossing them to the wolves, a reliable source for pins....
It’s only “hear say” at this point of course.
I put my deposit down for my LE and someone mentioned,
Don’t be surprised if you get a call to come pick it up in the next couple weeks.
I think they are a head of schedule on this one.
If the Europe ships are packed, they are not packed with pros alone.

Thanks for the info, that's encouraging

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
7,899 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.