04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 255.
#1351 3 years ago

Yeah. Stupid Toronto guys.

I know where mine is, unfortunately still at least a couple of days away. Really hopeful for Friday, but my guess is it will slide until Monday.

#1352 3 years ago

Got my call just now, but the game won't be home for a little while. Likely a week or so.

#1353 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Yeah. Stupid Toronto guys.

I resemble that remark.

#1354 3 years ago

any side blades available yet?

#1355 3 years ago

Hi Guys!
Our AIQ Premiums shipments are leaving Stern tomorrow. Thank you to everyone who ordered from us

#1356 3 years ago

Premium shipped today!! WooHoo!

#1357 3 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Premium shipped today!! WooHoo!

Congrats! Can't wait to hear mine has shipped!

#1358 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Anyone get a ship confirmation on a Premium yet? I haven’t yet but it has to be soon I hope

Just got email confirmation from JJ at game exchange that Premiums are now shipping!! Woohoo!!

#1359 3 years ago

Avengers in the line up!

20201014_104703 (resized).jpg20201014_104703 (resized).jpg
#1360 3 years ago
Quoted from Gameroom-Goodies:

Hi Guys!
Our AIQ Premiums shipments are leaving Stern tomorrow. Thank you to everyone who ordered from us

I really hope to get a call on my pro soon...

#1361 3 years ago

Here they come...

66221C60-35F5-4AA1-8286-ED3BD0437D5A (resized).png66221C60-35F5-4AA1-8286-ED3BD0437D5A (resized).png
#1362 3 years ago

wrong thread

#1363 3 years ago

Just ordered my Pro from KingPin Games!!!

Next day delivery too, happen to be near a stop for another customer.

Cant Wait

#1364 3 years ago

Avengers assemble! LE #447 just arrived in Happy Valley, Oregon. Yes, Happy. "Thor" was a big help in the move in. My game was 'born' on 9/30/2020 so must be one of the last of the run of 500; Looks perfect so far. Now to get playing and 'modding' as appropriate. Anxious to get a Topper for it (as long as it does not exceed the cost of the game itself).

sterns5 (resized).jpgsterns5 (resized).jpgsterns7 (resized).jpgsterns7 (resized).jpgsterns4 (resized).jpgsterns4 (resized).jpg
#1365 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Just ordered my Pro from KingPin Games!!!

Just saw this in playfield issues thread. Make sure you look that over before accepting it at distributor.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#1366 3 years ago

I’ve heard that it’s possible to change the timing of the balls being staged in the subway (to allow for the ball to move quicker via the subway to the vuk).
Does anyone know the setting to do this?

The pin is amazing. I have my recently set-up LE at 6.7 and it shoots so smoothly. The Captain Marvel ramp is incredible. It does sometimes take a bit more accuracy, but wow- that’s a cool shot.
Need to spend much more time on the game to get a better sense of the rules.
Elwin has knocked another one out of the park.

#1367 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Avengers assemble! LE #447 just arrived in Happy Valley, Oregon. Yes, Happy. "Thor" was a big help in the move in. My game was 'born' on 9/30/2020 so must be one of the last of the run of 500; Looks perfect so far. Now to get playing and 'modding' as appropriate. Anxious to get a Topper for it (as long as it does not exceed the cost of the game itself).

What the hell! Legs on up the stairs?
Get an appliance dolly for god sake!

#1368 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

I just showed that pic to my wife and we said the same.

#1369 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

They are only 80 odd kilos and there's two guys. It's not that hard.

Bit different if it's a Hobbit.

#1370 3 years ago

whats the consensus on pitch for this game? Standard 6.5? Or a bit steeper? My premium should be here shortly...

#1371 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

They are only 80 odd kilos and there's two guys. It's not that hard.

No but it’s kinda retarded.

#1372 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

I have one and I offered it to Thor and the Hulk but in true Avengers style they chose to move it the way that they did. How do you think the other games got there?

#1373 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:I have one and I offered it to Thor and the Hulk but in true Avengers style they chose to move it the way that they did. How do you think the other games got there?

Hulk strongest ever!!!

#1374 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

No but it’s kinda retarded.

Seems a nasty, ill considered word for good, clean work to me. Maybe you just had a different upbringing.

It's a bag of cement or grain each.

I read somewhere the United States was built on hard work. May have got it wrong.

#1375 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I read somewhere the United States was built on hard work. May have got it wrong.

Work smarter not harder!

Edit: unless you have a HULK.

#1377 3 years ago

My son watches the disney cartoon that this game is based on. Black Widow flies around on a "Sky Cycle" flying motor cycle.
The Quinn jet isnt bad but I think something more obviously Black Widow would work better.

#1378 3 years ago

Joined the club today! My 2-1/2 year old could not wait to get it unboxed and put the first few games on it!!

9CF3A26B-A7EA-4497-8B37-F23ED4B06D5E (resized).jpeg9CF3A26B-A7EA-4497-8B37-F23ED4B06D5E (resized).jpeg
#1379 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

LE has Invisiglass. Over $230 at Stern.....

I should have known this since I have an LE coming next week. You're right, the best price I've seen for invisiglass is $200. I'd pursue the heck out of a replacement.

#1380 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Hulk strongest ever!!!

YOU’RE NOT STRONGEST! HULK STRONGEST!!

#1381 3 years ago

So maybe mentioned prior, but worth a repost.....

Doing my usual Titan rubber replacement last night and noticed a few of the posts on some plastics are attached with screws facing down. Believe there might have even been a spacer that was attached w screw on top and bottom.

I put a dab of blue loctite on every downfacing screw...a little peace of mind as things tend to loosen over time.

An ounce of prevention...hopefully mitigates the " where did that tiny screw come from", or "my mech is jammed w a damn screw"....

Upside down hardware makes me nervous....fwiw

#1382 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

My son watches the disney cartoon that this game is based on. Black Widow flies around on a "Sky Cycle" flying motor cycle.
The Quinn jet isnt bad but I think something more obviously Black Widow would work better.

Feel free to make something you like...

#1383 3 years ago

Distributor dropping my LE off tomorrow!!! Will be reporting in soon! Can’t wait!

#1385 3 years ago

AIQLE #199 is ....Assembled

Avengers (resized).jpgAvengers (resized).jpg
#1386 3 years ago

premium is shipping over next few days. Would really like to know when accessories will be available. Want my art blades, side armor and shooter rod!

#1387 3 years ago

Is anyone interested in some 3" Avengers figures to add to your machine? Most are still new in box. Please PM me if you are interested in any.

Thanks,

Steve
Mi Pinball Refinery

20201014_204524 (resized).jpg20201014_204524 (resized).jpg57526 (resized).jpeg57526 (resized).jpeg57527 (resized).jpeg57527 (resized).jpeg57528 (resized).jpeg57528 (resized).jpeg57529 (resized).jpeg57529 (resized).jpeg57532 (resized).jpeg57532 (resized).jpeg
#1388 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Feel free to make something you like...

It was a friendly suggestion. I dont personally like cheap toys in my games.

#1389 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

It was a friendly suggestion. I dont personally like cheap toys in my games.

I hear ya. I think some games are easier than others to throw extras into.
JP, for example, you can tastefully add a couple of dinosaurs or trees (in moderation) that most folks would assume came standard.
Other games, there's just not the right toy or right spot to put it for it to really seem like it fits.

Give these talented modders some time though - once they have the games and some time, crazy cool stuff becomes available.

#1390 3 years ago

LE #364 has arrived! Waiting until Friday night to unbox.

FCCEB919-6829-424B-A5B1-4CBE6B16635D (resized).jpegFCCEB919-6829-424B-A5B1-4CBE6B16635D (resized).jpeg
#1391 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Let me know. I also had a scratch on my glass when I got mine. Crickets as usual from my distributor. Hard to take a pic of.
[quoted image]

I received an email reply from Stern that they would ship a new one to me. they wanted pictures of it also. I also complained about the "lines" in the playfield... We'll see what happens there.

#1392 3 years ago

Well sunbitch. I’ve had my LE for a couple weeks now and thought the perfect machine was delivered, no QC issues. Noticed early on that my secret skill shot wasn’t working, but forgot about it quickly when I learned the super skill shot. Tonight I tried the Battle Royale mode for the first time, and it became quite obvious that my inner loop opto was not functioning (confirmed in diagnosis), shot wasn’t registering. Ugh. I guess that would explain why I kept missing the Hawkeye shot.

About to break open the manual to see where to start, but anybody have any thoughts or experience getting to that switch? Hoping I don’t have to take out every ramp on the playfield to get to it. I’m guessing it’s just misaligned or wire came knocked off.

Thanks all

EDIT - After looking at the manual, looks like I can drop the assembly out the bottom

44AB14E5-56EC-405A-BB85-2D40824D21CE (resized).png44AB14E5-56EC-405A-BB85-2D40824D21CE (resized).png
#1393 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Well sunbitch. I’ve had my LE for a couple weeks now and thought the perfect machine was delivered, no QC issues. Noticed early on that my secret skill shot wasn’t working, but forgot about it quickly when I learned the super skill shot. Tonight I tried the Battle Royale mode for the first time, and it became quite obvious that my inner loop opto was not functioning (confirmed in diagnosis), shot wasn’t registering. Ugh. I guess that would explain why I kept missing the Hawkeye shot.
About to break open the manual to see where to start, but anybody have any thoughts or experience getting to that switch? Hoping I don’t have to take out every ramp on the playfield to get to it. I’m guessing it’s just misaligned or wire came knocked off.
Thanks all
EDIT - After looking at the manual, looks like I can drop the assembly out the bottom [quoted image]

After reviewing your post I though I would investigate my lack of Hawkeye shots and found that my inner loop opto also doesn;t light up red on one side (Not working). Appears Stern will have to send out new ones to us. The 2 screws in the middle should drop it out - but they appear to be wood screws, so I guess we would be careful unscrewing and screwing back in. I would Email Stern immediately which I just did. A lot of issues on mine - Build date of 10/1/20.... They never answer their phone now. So ugly for business.

#1394 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

After reviewing your post I though I would investigate my lack of Hawkeye shots and found that my inner loop opto also doesn;t light up red on one side (Not working). Appears Stern will have to send out new ones to us. The 2 screws in the middle should drop it out - but they appear to be wood screws, so I guess we would be careful unscrewing and screwing back in. I would Email Stern immediately which I just did. A lot of issues on mine - Build date of 10/1/20.... They never answer their phone now. So ugly for business.

Just emailed them as well. I’m going to drop out the assembly tomorrow, will advise if I can figure it out. I’m thinking has to be a wire knocked loose or misaligned optos, although I don’t have too much experience under the hood of the new games, so could be wrong.

#1395 3 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

What is your pitch on the game ? Does it just get stuck on the last position before the VUK.. On mine at 7 degrees it sticks a little before the vuk, need to take a peek inside a bit more to see why this is..

edit
thought it was working, come to find out the arms were binding. There is an adjustment to align the metal part with the plastic part.
As for the ball getting caught at the end sometimes, I just added two washers down the to increase the slope a little. also added a few to the arm mech as well, because the first set of arms tend to slow the ball on occasion when they are in the down position.

#1396 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

So the second set of arms that come up, when they go back down they stick out a tiny bit. Apparently that's just enough for the portal lock balls to get trapped. Added 3 washers on the bottom and no more problems.
Added bonus is now the ball goes straight down to the VUK (when going into any gem mode) instead of getting caught. Thought it had to go through the motions every time it was down there.

Could you post some pics when you get a chance please.

#1397 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Noticed early on that my secret skill shot wasn’t working

Ditto...

Quoted from Valorguy:

After reviewing your post I though I would investigate my lack of Hawkeye shots and found that my inner loop opto also doesn;t light up red on one side (Not working).

...And ditto again. Got mine today (born on date 10/6) and played a bit tonight. Noticed my skill shot and Hawkeye shots weren’t registering. Switch diagnostics menu showed a square lit around the inner loop opto switch when there shouldn’t be one (next to the right ramp exit opto in the pic).

I took off a wireform to take pics. The receiver under the plastic next to the gauntlet ramp doesn’t have a red light on. The emitter does show light coming from it though. The same part for the gauntlet ramp exit does have a red light on. So it looks like the receiver isn’t working for some reason.

Bummer, but in looking at the way it’s wired under the playfield my fingers are crossed that it’s just a plug and play solution. It looks like they have connectors so maybe no soldering required.

21F47158-9C4C-4C50-931B-E5C6801B4C53 (resized).jpeg21F47158-9C4C-4C50-931B-E5C6801B4C53 (resized).jpeg0FDDD57B-4EC2-41F1-B74B-27F7051BA6B6 (resized).jpeg0FDDD57B-4EC2-41F1-B74B-27F7051BA6B6 (resized).jpeg161F9A19-84AC-40C3-9523-8F48779E0E1B (resized).jpeg161F9A19-84AC-40C3-9523-8F48779E0E1B (resized).jpeg4E479400-1586-4102-B2FA-137EDA7E1A58 (resized).jpeg4E479400-1586-4102-B2FA-137EDA7E1A58 (resized).jpegD4C688B1-C680-4E4B-ABC7-4466EE2CDAC8 (resized).jpegD4C688B1-C680-4E4B-ABC7-4466EE2CDAC8 (resized).jpeg
#1398 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

FIX FOR BALL FALLING OFF RAILS AS IT CROSSES PLAYFIELD FROM CENTER RAMP:
I have seen several people with this issue and I had the same on my LE. Took a slow-mo video of ball and noticed it was riding the right rail as it came around the curve just below the Strange disk... sometimes would fall off and sometimes not. Take a look a photo below of my fix. Use a cloth to protect the rail and a pair of pliers and bend the last part of the guard rail to the left (towards back of playfield) ever so slightly. Not much is needed, but you can visibly see a few degrees of bend in my pic below. Fixed 100% of the time now. EDIT: Worked for me, but as always, bend at your own risk.
[quoted image]

I've got balls occasionally falling of this wire the same way. I'm going to give your fix a try.

#1399 3 years ago

Also, I'll be curious to hear what others are setting the pitch at. With leg levelers all the way in, mine was playing at 6.4. I upped it to 6.7, but immediately started getting rejects on the left ramp because the ball was hopping up and hitting the plastic cover at the very top of the ramp. I dialed it back down to 6.5 and it was great again. I didn't try any adjustment to flipper power though.

I haven't had any issue hitting the Captain Marvel ramp. I've only played a few games, but overall I'm really happy with the machine. I think it looks great, sounds great, and I really like the shot layout and flow. The portal, Avengers tower, Captain Marvel, and repeating gauntlet ramp shots are all fun to hit. Just need to get my inner loop opto fixed but I think that should be taken care of quickly.

#1400 3 years ago

Have my LE currently set up at 6.7, and that seems to work well at this point.
Strangely, i was getting a few left ramp rejects at 6.5 and when I increased the pitch moderately, that seemed to dial in the shots a bit better.
Have also kept my flippers power at factory; but may turn down the left flipper a bit if the rejects become an issue.
Only received my game today but my family is loving the gameplay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 12,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/28?hl=chuckcasey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.