IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 253.
#1301 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone know LEDs Stern are using these days in their games? I know it was cointaker for a while but they no longer have the CT markings on them.
Looking to upgrade some older games and I like the look of my newer Sterns lighting so trying to copy it as close as possible.

Two smd clear dome bulbs. Comet has them.

#1302 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't know, but I would be very surprised if Stern wasn't using a direct line to a Chinese factory by now for their LEDs.

Cheers Vire, I’m going to go with comet, white for GI and inserts, can’t be bothered with colour matching inserts but will go with coloured flashers.

#1303 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cheers Vire, I’m going to go with comet, white for GI and inserts, can’t be bothered with colour matching inserts but will go with coloured flashers.

All the inserts are led pcb boards. GI are the only traditional led bulbs in the game.

Even if you look at the description of the cool white 2 smds from comet they say they are the same that modern sterns use.

#1304 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Are the metal “fingers” perpendicular to the bottom of the trough on other people’s games? Mine are leaning forward.
[quoted image]

This is about how mine are angled as well.

First plays out of the box I had the game at a low angle like 6, and the ball would not progress, kinda bounced around slowly as OP mentioned..
In its final spot at 7 degrees works fairly well, I also cut the time for the subway down to 800 in settings.. There seemed to let the ball glide through smoothly and also less of a delay in game play when you get one down there..

We did however have one issue where 2 balls got between a single set of those teeth. Took a few ball search timeouts that game to clear that.. It seems it can only sense one ball per spot there....

#1305 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone know LEDs Stern are using these days in their games? I know it was cointaker for a while but they no longer have the CT markings on them.
Looking to upgrade some older games and I like the look of my newer Sterns lighting so trying to copy it as close as possible.

I have found Comet 2-smd to give a very similar look to what Stern uses. I change any visible to frosted which is easier on the eyes, but keeps a consistent look. Most Sterns seem to come with cool/natural white, and some machines I will warm up a bit with Sunlight color depending on the art. Games like GoT, SM, TWD look so much better with slightly warmer light. Sunlight is great as it's half way between cool and warm and looks great. Some machines look great in the standard natural though. For Avengers, I would probably lean towards keeping the cooler natural white due to all the blues on the pf. Either way, I think you'll be happy with Comet 2-smd frosted.

#1306 3 years ago

I just joined the club today with a Pro. I noticed that with a full plunge I can't get it up the ramp, it only goes to the base of the ramp. If I use the auto launch button it will make it up the ramp. My angle is around 6.5% so not insane. Is this how it's suppose to be set up, or should I put a different colored spring in it?

#1307 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club today with a Pro. I noticed that with a full plunge I can't get it up the ramp, it only goes to the base of the ramp. If I use the auto launch button it will make it up the ramp. My angle is around 6.5% so not insane. Is this how it's suppose to be set up, or should I put a different colored spring in it?

I would check your plunger alignment before changing the spring. If it isn't hitting right smack in the middle (left/right and up/down), it will likely have troubles. Unfortunately that is a common problem. It's usually fixable, but can be a bit of a pain and take some trial and error. If it's reasonably well centered and still too weak, then yeah...a stronger spring is a cheap and easy fix.

#1308 3 years ago

Hi,
So i will get my LE at end of the month.
Just wanted to know how is the playfield quality? Does it require a playfield protector or not?
Thanks

#1309 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

i have my invisiglass, shaker, thanos keychain and a free spot in my lineup ready to go. just waiting on that damn premium to ship

Distributor said mine shipped yesterday, so there coming

#1310 3 years ago

After loosening the hinges I was able to shimmy the backbox to a point where I could get the bolts in on the inside. The gap is still there in the back due to the bend so Stern is probably going to have to replace the head on it but at least it's secure enough now that I can play.

#1311 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Put down some self adhesive felt in the shooter lane.
Blue is not gonna cut it for long.
$1.25 for a sheet at Hobby Lobby. Cut it to size and apply.
Best cheap protector out there AND you can cover about 40 games with one sheet.
Gotta love Cliffy but just don't need it.

Can we get a picture where you apply? Obviously you can't cover the switch not can you raise the ball too high so the switch wont activate. I've had cliffies cause the switch not to activate.

Where are you putting this felt?

#1312 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

I caught a video of my issue with the trough (ball moving past the metal arm that is supposed to catch it).

Is this causing a logic and play problem or is it only causing the ball to not be in the subway window?

#1313 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Finally received LE #131 !
However, My playfield glass arrived scratched on the inside like when they pushed it in, it hit the coin door. Of course I called and emailed yesterday, and no response. How do you get Stern to respond these days? If their customer service is now so bad, I will think twice about new games. UUUGGGHH

Call your distributor first and get the glass from them or at least get direction on your next step.

If all else fails, my distributor, OC Pinball, sells glass for $60 (sometimes less). I just picked up 6 sheets.

#1314 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Call your distributor first and get the glass from them or at least get direction on your next step.
If all else fails, my distributor, OC Pinball, sells glass for $60 (sometimes less). I just picked up 6 sheets.

LE has Invisiglass. Over $230 at Stern.....

#1315 3 years ago

Are you really a pinballer if you don't have several new sheets of glass boxed up in your shop?

Bummer about the scratch from the factory, I bet they get you all fixed up.

#1316 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I have found Comet 2-smd to give a very similar look to what Stern uses. I change any visible to frosted which is easier on the eyes, but keeps a consistent look. Most Sterns seem to come with cool/natural white, and some machines I will warm up a bit with Sunlight color depending on the art. Games like GoT, SM, TWD look so much better with slightly warmer light. Sunlight is great as it's half way between cool and warm and looks great. Some machines look great in the standard natural though. For Avengers, I would probably lean towards keeping the cooler natural white due to all the blues on the pf. Either way, I think you'll be happy with Comet 2-smd frosted.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the pro came with frosted gi from Stern. I always swap them myself immediately. Thanks Stern.

#1317 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

That's interesting. My LE has the same rubbers/posts that spandol's has. I've had the same issue a couple times, although most times it hits the tip of my left flipper. It's still super annoying and I was already trying to figure out what rubbers to change out to. Maybe I'll try changing the posts entirely.

Whats your build date? looks like they implemented the change in the first week of October.

My bad, didn't realize the two pictures were of an LE and a PRO machine, they may not have implemented a change at all... captain Marvel spinner shot required the one Rubber to help the ball come around as smooth as possible but after watching videos they could have worked a bit more on the flow of that shot, however I assume the pro design was an afterthought with Prem/LE being developed first.

#1318 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I was pleasantly surprised to see the pro came with frosted gi from Stern. I always swap them myself immediately. Thanks Stern.

No kidding? That's fantastic news! The clear are just fine most places, but there are always a few exposed enough to be obnoxious. Really glad to hear they are using frosted now! Stranger Things is my newest and that is still all clear. Bummer as now I need to remember to order a few purple frosteds!

#1319 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All the inserts are led pcb boards. GI are the only traditional led bulbs in the game.
Even if you look at the description of the cool white 2 smds from comet they say they are the same that modern sterns use.

Thanks Chuck for the heads up but I’m adding some LEDs to my older SAM games, my TRON LE is the only one that has PCBs under the inserts, but those PCBs are all white SMDs, which is why I’m just ordering a tonne of whites and not colour matching inserts to much hassle.

#1320 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Thanks Jedi, I have been reading the info over on Comets site and noticed they said something similar about the cool whites on blues and darker colours and the sunlight maybe even warm on the warmer bright coloured playfields. Makes perfect sense but I am going to try cool whites on Ironman even though there’s a lot of reds in the playfield.

Btw what’s the difference visually between the clear that come standard on newer Sterns and the frosted a lot of people buy and recommend? Does one disperse light better than the other? I don’t have any issues with the clear LEDs stern provide from factory on newer games, but curious now what the difference is with the frosted other than the obvious. Thanks.

#1321 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

They are having a Chinese manufacturer make them, cool white (natural light) bulbs they have STERN on them and are 6.3v comet has a 5v cool white that puts off an exact color match but it's a bit brighter than sterns bulbs due to the 5v being optimal for spike system.

#1322 3 years ago

So excited to be in the club!!!

4E6E97CA-3149-483B-B22A-41CFE7A7775A (resized).jpeg4E6E97CA-3149-483B-B22A-41CFE7A7775A (resized).jpeg
#1323 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Distributor said mine shipped yesterday, so there coming

nice, mine has white glove delivery and setup(im lazy) so itll go to distributer first and theyll set up someone to come out. So a bit of a longer process.

#1324 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

[quoted image]

You look like you just received a light tap on the temple from Mjölner. Only the worthy could withstand such a blow!

#1325 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Is this causing a logic and play problem or is it only causing the ball to not be in the subway window?

It loses the balls. There aren’t enough optos to detect when two balls are right next to each other. I’ve taken the whole thing apart and made all sorts of adjustments, but nothing has helped.

#1326 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

It loses the balls. There aren’t enough optos to detect when two balls are right next to each other. I’ve taken the whole thing apart and made all sorts of adjustments, but nothing has helped.

Any chance of wiring up a couple of additional optos?

#1327 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks Jedi, I have been reading the info over on Comets site and noticed they said something similar about the cool whites on blues and darker colours and the sunlight maybe even warm on the warmer bright coloured playfields. Makes perfect sense but I am going to try cool whites on Ironman even though there’s a lot of reds in the playfield.
Btw what’s the difference visually between the clear that come standard on newer Sterns and the frosted a lot of people buy and recommend? Does one disperse light better than the other? I don’t have any issues with the clear LEDs stern provide from factory on newer games, but curious now what the difference is with the frosted other than the obvious. Thanks.

Yeah...for Iron Man I would stick with natural (cool). Just seems to fit the theme better, although I have a buddy with one done in warm colors and it looks very nice that way too. No wrong answer on that machine. As for visual difference clear vs frosted...I haven't really seen much difference in output. Frosted might disperse a little better. They are certainly easier on the eyes not seeing the direct light glare. I honestly can't think of a disadvantage to frosted, other than where you need a directional bulb (and then you probably wouldn't use a dome style anyway).

#1328 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any chance of wiring up a couple of additional optos?

But then you need to connect them to somewhere ? And then support them in code somehow ?

#1329 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Avengers is a very colorful game already. Even most of the clear inserts are RGB, there are only a few that could have color added and not be out of place. THOR and IRON are the two that most need a little color. THOR a blue to white gradient and IRON a light blue for more of an arc reactor suggestion.

#1330 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I pulled one and Stern is definitely using a chinese bulb manufacturer direct now. Here's a pic of one:

stern_spike_bulbs (resized).jpgstern_spike_bulbs (resized).jpg
#1331 3 years ago

Just got mine delivered! Big thanks to Kurt Hemispheres Amusements for another smooth buy and delivery!!! Haven’t played a game yet. Only had a chance to take a couple quick pics of different flipper colors. I’m leaning toward dark blue.

P.S. - New pinball machine smell beats new car smell any day!!!

2683EA6E-B946-4ACC-BD4B-18C6564323A3 (resized).jpeg2683EA6E-B946-4ACC-BD4B-18C6564323A3 (resized).jpeg57C6CA2C-28EE-498A-88F5-8EEDCC814192 (resized).jpeg57C6CA2C-28EE-498A-88F5-8EEDCC814192 (resized).jpeg8C7E678B-85D4-4E38-88C5-8A081BE78AB4 (resized).jpeg8C7E678B-85D4-4E38-88C5-8A081BE78AB4 (resized).jpegCF99D749-5147-4C77-B004-E3EBD1E3CA4D (resized).jpegCF99D749-5147-4C77-B004-E3EBD1E3CA4D (resized).jpeg

#1332 3 years ago

Dark Blue fer the win !!!!

#1333 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Just got mine delivered! Big thanks to Kurt hemispheres Amusements for another smooth buy and delivery!!! Haven’t played a game yet. Only had a chance to take a couple quick pics of different flipper colors. I’m leaning toward dark blue.

I would say dark blue for the lower flippers and dark purple for the upper flipper.

#1334 3 years ago
Quoted from WindRaidor:

Before the update, it was very common for the balls in that subway to get stuck because if there were two balls there they both got feed into the VUK and that’s when one would typical stick down there with the only way for me to release was to tilt out.

nope still getting stuck balls down there, only on portal locks. anyone found a solution?

#1335 3 years ago
Quoted from BustedPin:

I would say dark blue for the lower flippers and dark purple for the upper flipper.

That could be good. I'll have to give it a try!!!

#1336 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

nope still getting stuck balls down there, only on portal locks. anyone found a solution?

What is your pitch on the game ? Does it just get stuck on the last position before the VUK.. On mine at 7 degrees it sticks a little before the vuk, need to take a peek inside a bit more to see why this is..

#1337 3 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

What is your pitch on the game ? Does it just get stuck on the last position before the VUK.. On mine at 7 degrees it sticks a little before the vuk, need to take a peek inside a bit more to see why this is..

prolly what it is, I never notice until I drain and the game is still going. When I did see it, it was stuck in the first or middle position.... I don't know if the opto was being triggered. all optos test out fine. I think it's at 6.5-6.6 right now, will mess around with the pitch.

#1338 3 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

After loosening the hinges I was able to shimmy the backbox to a point where I could get the bolts in on the inside. The gap is still there in the back due to the bend so Stern is probably going to have to replace the head on it but at least it's secure enough now that I can play.

Glad I could help!

#1339 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Finally received LE #131 !
However, My playfield glass arrived scratched on the inside like when they pushed it in, it hit the coin door. Of course I called and emailed yesterday, and no response. How do you get Stern to respond these days? If their customer service is now so bad, I will think twice about new games. UUUGGGHH

Let me know. I also had a scratch on my glass when I got mine. Crickets as usual from my distributor. Hard to take a pic of.

34F0D18A-CEAA-4826-B2CA-7834FEBD7513 (resized).jpeg34F0D18A-CEAA-4826-B2CA-7834FEBD7513 (resized).jpeg
#1340 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Let me know. I also had a scratch on my glass when I got mine. Crickets as usual from my distributor. Hard to take a pic of.
[quoted image]

I bet your distributor is looking at that pic trying to figure out why you want him to replace your scratched Tron coindoor.

#1341 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I bet your distributor is looking at that pic trying to figure out why you want him to replace your scratched Tron coindoor.

It is invisiglass!!!

#1342 3 years ago

Anyone get a ship confirmation on a Premium yet? I haven’t yet but it has to be soon I hope

#1343 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Anyone get a ship confirmation on a Premium yet? I haven’t yet but it has to be soon I hope

Reached out to my distributor yesterday, and while they said they'd check in with Stern again to see if there was any new information, they said the last communication they had with Stern was Oct 7th (1 week ago), at which time Stern said pros were on the line this week, premiums on the line next week. I'm eagerly awaiting word back from my distro after their reaching out to Stern last night, hopeful to hear that they are ahead of schedule and that premiums are indeed starting to ship, but at this point, if the Oct 7th comms stand, I'm not sure how some people might already have theirs being shipped or shipping soon! Fingers crossed, though!

#1344 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Quoted from Zukram:

It is invisiglass!!!

Exactly. It is hard to take a pic of this HD glass stuff. That’s why I took the glass off the game to do it. I was hoping it would buff out or glass cleaner would remove it but it is a deep scratch.

#1345 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I’m leaning toward dark blue.

Yup, winner. Coordinates with the inlane plastics and Captain America, provides a nice contrast to the explosion/fire area. I always like it when flippers stand out from the playfield art, without totally clashing.

#1346 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Yes mine called me today to say the Premium was shipped today and should be in early next week.

#1347 3 years ago

I found a fix for the ball going sdtm from the right loop. I loosened the post I have marked in the photo and moved it inside more. It has some play as most posts do. It was a pain to do, so you could almost try and take a flathead screwdriver to pull it inward first. If its too secure, you need to remove some of the CM ramp and the plastic to get to the post screw. Once I moved it in, the ball now bounces to the left flipper as I think was intended. Try this flashburn to help.

IMG_4051 2 (resized).jpegIMG_4051 2 (resized).jpeg
#1348 3 years ago

Avengers LE 385 just landed.
Game looks & plays awesome.

2D027A4B-0B07-446D-9BFB-26D3B7CB8B37 (resized).jpeg2D027A4B-0B07-446D-9BFB-26D3B7CB8B37 (resized).jpegAB89053D-E4CC-49DA-A073-360C3D682E12 (resized).jpegAB89053D-E4CC-49DA-A073-360C3D682E12 (resized).jpegAFE5C0CF-642D-478D-8DD6-4DB020E5F0D7 (resized).jpegAFE5C0CF-642D-478D-8DD6-4DB020E5F0D7 (resized).jpeg
#1349 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

[quoted image]

Something different about you in this pic.....

Might be the pandemic haircut, not sure though.

#1350 3 years ago

Jealous of the Toronto le guys getting games

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Scranton, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball
Pinball Machine
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/27?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.