04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 255.
#1251 3 years ago

Yeah that doesn’t look right at all.

#1252 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Is the metal bent here like they bolted it down with a screw underneath the plate?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. We'll see what Stern says but not sure what to "adjust" there so I'm leaving it. Almost worse than the wait of a new pin is having it stare right at you and not being able to play. Sigh.

#1253 3 years ago

You can install the inside bolts if they are flush instead of the outside ones.

Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. We'll see what Stern says but not sure what to "adjust" there so I'm leaving it. Almost worse than the wait of a new pin is having it stare right at you and not being able to play. Sigh.

#1254 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So what’s the best size t-moulding to use on AIQ, saw a post but can’t find it now where someone mentioned the 3/4” leaves a little overhang as sides seem smaller than previous releases?
Anyone who’s changed out the black to yellow, what size did you use? Thanks

Stern uses 3/4". Sometimes the center channel in the wood isnt perfectly centered, leaving a very slight ridge or overhang, but it's not noticeable once installed and in the lineup.

#1255 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

If I make a shot that doesn't make it around the right loop or launch the ball too softly, the ball will hit the first rubber on the post and goes SDTM. Anyone else have this? I attached a photo. Does anyone have something slightly different to prevent this?

My pro has different posts and a single rubber across both posts, ball never hits it on the way down. Build date 10/7 if that matters.
IMG_6258.JPGIMG_6258.JPG

#1256 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

You can install the inside bolts if they are flush instead of the outside ones.

Unfortunately not sitting flush there either and I didn't want to use too much force for fear of being accused of breaking something. It definitely appears to be a bent head like the bottom got pulled by the brackets. There is also damage on the side art of the head. Distributor has pics and info so we'll get it worked out someway or another.

#1257 3 years ago

You can play the game with just one head bolt installed.

#1258 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

You can play the game with just one head bolt installed.

Now that hes contacted his distributor, I'd find a way to secure that head up, and play it like hell. Bungie cords, wire ties, make shift brackets, something.

#1259 3 years ago

Finally received LE #131 !

However, My playfield glass arrived scratched on the inside like when they pushed it in, it hit the coin door. Of course I called and emailed yesterday, and no response. How do you get Stern to respond these days? If their customer service is now so bad, I will think twice about new games. UUUGGGHH

#1260 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Now that hes contacted his distributor, I'd find a way to secure that head up, and play it like hell. Bungie cords, wire ties, make shift brackets, something.

I may get creative in the meantime I just don't want to risk it falling back onto the cabinet so whatever I do will need to be secure as hell.

#1261 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

However, My playfield glass arrived scratched on the inside like when they pushed it in, it hit the coin door. Of course I called and emailed yesterday, and no response. How do you get Stern to respond these days? If their customer service is now so bad, I will think twice about new games. UUUGGGHH

Keep calling, you'll reach them. I'm sure they'll make it right. I've always found Stern to be pretty helpful. I'm sure some will disagree.

#1262 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

I would contact your distributor to take care of this for you.

#1263 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

My pro has different posts and a single rubber across both posts, ball never hits it on the way down. Build date 10/7 if that matters.
[quoted image]

That's interesting. My LE has the same rubbers/posts that spandol's has. I've had the same issue a couple times, although most times it hits the tip of my left flipper. It's still super annoying and I was already trying to figure out what rubbers to change out to. Maybe I'll try changing the posts entirely.

#1264 3 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Can't seem to get my backbox to go all the way back, which means I can't bolt it in. I feel like I'm being dense but I've triple checked and no wiring in the way. Any ideas? This is only my second NIB Stern and first time I've run into such a thing. I do have an email into Stern.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had a similar issue with a Metallica Pro. The issue was the hinges needed to be adjusted so the head would swing all the way back.
I would remove your back box hinges and see if the head goes all the way back. Then reattach the hinges with the head upright.

#1265 3 years ago

Per the manual, pro vs prem/le uses different rubber there. Presumably because of the standup target vs vuk.

Quoted from flashburn:

That's interesting. My LE has the same rubbers/posts that spandol's has. I've had the same issue a couple times, although most times it hits the tip of my left flipper. It's still super annoying and I was already trying to figure out what rubbers to change out to. Maybe I'll try changing the posts entirely.

#1266 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I bought my wife #174 as a surprise for our 15th wedding anniversary. Pin stadiums going in tomorrow. My wife doesn’t like pinball.
[quoted image]

How do the PinStadiums look? Thinking about swapping them from another machine....

#1267 3 years ago

anyone have gnr, turtles and infinity quest? if so, how do you like vs the others? i didn't have a chance to play any of those 3 that much. but i really like how avengers shoots and all the ramps. i played it basically in a large room, no sound was tough to here with all the noise. the same with gnr.

#1268 3 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

I may get creative in the meantime I just don't want to risk it falling back onto the cabinet so whatever I do will need to be secure as hell.

Wrap a ratchet strap around the top of the BB and under the cabinet. Strap it down tight enough and it won't go anywhere. I'd have busted out the mallet by now and beat it into submission, you're definitely more patient than I.

#1269 3 years ago

Just put down a deposit for a Premium. Let's see what gets here first this or the GnR.

#1270 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Is the ball actually rolling around (to the side of the metal fingers)?

Yes. The ball is just rolling around the underside of the metal “fingers”. It happens when the ball is moving quickly. When it happens the game goes into ball search. After about 5 rounds of playfield ball searches, it cycles the subway trough and clears it.

It’s not an issue with the mech not registering switches correctly. It’s a matter of the ball physically bouncing to a location the engineers didn’t predict and thus no opto there to detect it. Looking at the mech from below the playfield, nothing seems to be wrong with it. There is just too much room in the subway and the ball can travel around. It may improve matters if I can angle the fingers downward toward the player now, but there is no clear way to adjust it from what I see.

#1271 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Managed to get a ball stuck earlier... seems like an easy spot to happen. Anyone else have this problem?

I had this too.

#1272 3 years ago

Loosen the mech from the game, take it out, and adjust the fingers out of the game.

#1273 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So what’s the best size t-moulding to use on AIQ, saw a post but can’t find it now where someone mentioned the 3/4” leaves a little overhang as sides seem smaller than previous releases?
Anyone who’s changed out the black to yellow, what size did you use? Thanks

This is my post on the subject about 2 pages back in this thread. Check the link to my blog where all the details are. I would try the 11/16” size on AIQ. I installed 3/4” and it looks great but does hang over a tiny bit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/23#post-5900669

#1274 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Yes. The ball is just rolling around the underside of the metal “fingers”. It happens when the ball is moving quickly. When it happens the game goes into ball search. After about 5 rounds of playfield ball searches, it cycles the subway trough and clears it.
It’s not an issue with the mech not registering switches correctly. It’s a matter of the ball physically bouncing to a location the engineers didn’t predict and thus no opto there to detect it. Looking at the mech from below the playfield, nothing seems to be wrong with it. There is just too much room in the subway and the ball can travel around. It may improve matters if I can angle the fingers downward toward the player now, but there is no clear way to adjust it from what I see.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Loosen the mech from the game, take it out, and adjust the fingers out of the game.

I don't have my premium yet, so can't fully advise, but if the fingers need to go up and down - you may not be able to bend them and still allow proper function. Maybe build up the extra space in the trough with some mylar or something to take up the space?

#1275 3 years ago

Joined the club today!

20201013_182441 (resized).jpg20201013_182441 (resized).jpg
#1276 3 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Can't seem to get my backbox to go all the way back, which means I can't bolt it in. I feel like I'm being dense but I've triple checked and no wiring in the way. Any ideas? This is only my second NIB Stern and first time I've run into such a thing. I do have an email into Stern.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Check that neither of the two "receivers" for the bolts are not bent. I had one bent on a game once (NIB) and similar issue. I discovered one of these receiver bracket's for the bolts was bent and the head would not fully seat properly. Just a slight bend caused an issue.Once I straightened it the issue was resolved easily.

Did your cardboard shipping box have any damage ? Perhaps a fork end from a forklift just pushed into the box slightly or something during shipping. Just a guess and one more thing to check.

backbox (resized).jpgbackbox (resized).jpg

#1277 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Are the metal “fingers” perpendicular to the bottom of the trough on other people’s games? Mine are leaning forward.

63133F75-8DE1-4479-9830-35399DED5A97 (resized).jpeg63133F75-8DE1-4479-9830-35399DED5A97 (resized).jpeg
#1278 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

anyone have gnr, turtles and infinity quest? if so, how do you like vs the others? i didn't have a chance to play any of those 3 that much. but i really like how avengers shoots and all the ramps. i played it basically in a large room, no sound was tough to here with all the noise. the same with gnr.

I will when my GnR abd Avengers arrive! Hoping avengers is in the next week(premium). I have tmnt LE at home. Who knows when my GnR will be ready. I actually have my Tmnt le up for sale to make room for GnR. I dont have the space for all these games and avengers and tmnt seem similar. Im not in love with that game and its hard! I already have Star Wars Premium which is hard, Wonka which is medium difficulty. But tmnt is very hard to me! It is a pretty game with a really fun layout but the ball finds the outlanes constantly(especially the left).

#1279 3 years ago

Make it steeper.

#1280 3 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:Joined the club today!
[quoted image]

If I had that room, I'd never see my family. Hmm...

#1281 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I would remove your back box hinges and see if the head goes all the way back.

I may just do that. Even with the bend in the metal I feel like the weight of the backbox should allow more movement to close this gap but it doesn't want to move at all which makes me think the hinges aren't aligned correctly.

Quoted from NoQuarters:

Check that neither of the two "receivers" for the bolts are not bent.

No bend at all in them, they clear the holes into the cabinet no problem, it just can't make it flush. No damage on the box at all.

#1282 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

[quoted image]

the right orbit rubber is deliberately different on a Pro vs. Prem/LE due to the pro having the captain marvel spinner U-turn. The game is designed to have half-orbits bounce off the rubber just like in JP on a missed helipad, but on the Pro since you're actively shooting the ball that way KME wanted it to be smooth since it's an actual shot.

#1283 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The game is designed to have half-orbits bounce off the rubber just like in JP on a missed helipad, but on the Pro since you're actively shooting the ball that way KME wanted it to be smooth since it's an actual shot.

Unfortunately a lot of Pro right spinner shots clip the right sling on the way down, since they're rolling from midway down the right orbit instead of a full head of steam. Sometimes it whips around fast, but not often. I'm probably gonna bend the tip of that ball guide out a bit.

Maybe it's all a devious ploy to get me to upgrade.

#1284 3 years ago

Or be on your toes to bump it off that wall on the squirly ones.

#1285 3 years ago

That's most of them. So exhausting to always be bumping off the orbit. Reminds me of Stranger Things.

#1286 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

That's most of them. So exhausting to always be bumping off the orbit. Reminds me of Stranger Things.

That’s fixable. I know from experience.

#1287 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I haven’t changed anything yet but put the slope at 6.5. I also tilted it ever so slightly to the left so you wouldn’t notice. Still get a ball down the middle at times. When I’m worried I sometimes bump the right of the machine to bounce it off. I watched the first dead flip stream with Keith and the ball bounces off that rubber and goes to the left flipper. Not sure what the difference is, but I’ve gotten mine to bounce to the left tip usually now. If it happens too much, I’ll see about something else.

#1288 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

How do the PinStadiums look? Thinking about swapping them from another machine....

Love mine. These are the Neo’s.

3A484A08-E31E-489E-BA75-F15151B37994 (resized).jpeg3A484A08-E31E-489E-BA75-F15151B37994 (resized).jpeg9B016A5C-6B1D-4CF3-B393-DCF146374BF0 (resized).jpeg9B016A5C-6B1D-4CF3-B393-DCF146374BF0 (resized).jpegAFD99AD4-325A-42CF-B377-E727779E6D89 (resized).jpegAFD99AD4-325A-42CF-B377-E727779E6D89 (resized).jpeg
#1289 3 years ago

i have my invisiglass, shaker, thanos keychain and a free spot in my lineup ready to go. just waiting on that damn premium to ship

#1290 3 years ago

$12 from Amazon. Bit of fun, might even mount it in the game ... for sure not wearing it - OK, just around the house

IMG_9640 (resized).JPGIMG_9640 (resized).JPG
#1291 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I've noticed my Dr. Strange disc is not really flush with the playfield when sitting all the way down, in fact not just raised all around but a little higher on one side than the other. Anyone know how to tweak with leveling on this mech?

edit, apparently there is a legit way to do it.

#1292 3 years ago

The waiaiaiting is the hardest part...

F567106B-32CA-4556-B2CE-EDA71A5257C3 (resized).jpegF567106B-32CA-4556-B2CE-EDA71A5257C3 (resized).jpeg
#1293 3 years ago

is battle thanos not in the code yet?

#1294 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

The waiaiaiting is the hardest part... [quoted image]

will lock so good next to deadpool with the art

#1295 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

EDIT: I did hear from Stern , not completely resolved , but ill let you know what happened .. good news is i can enjoy the game. looks like a potentially flaky board. thanks Stern (they guy who went out of his way)

Yeah I thought mine worked yesterday just fine and then all the sudden it started acting up after updating to .91. I could be wrong, maybe it was wonky before.
still works for the most part but gets phantom hits at a certain angle.
Guess I'll be contacting stern .

#1296 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Well LE #2 is dead in the water.
Upper half of the playfield is dark.

none of my LED boards were getting 5v from node 9 (upper half dark). I moved the 5 volt connection and it solved the issue. Went ahead and replaced the pin and gave the wire more slack because it was super tight with the zip ties. This is the 6th or 7th time I've seen this issue with the connectors on the node boards. luckily I haven't had a node board crap out on me in a long time.

#1297 3 years ago

double

#1298 3 years ago

Anyone know LEDs Stern are using these days in their games? I know it was cointaker for a while but they no longer have the CT markings on them.

Looking to upgrade some older games and I like the look of my newer Sterns lighting so trying to copy it as close as possible.

#1299 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone know LEDs Stern are using these days in their games? I know it was cointaker for a while but they no longer have the CT markings on them.
Looking to upgrade some older games and I like the look of my newer Sterns lighting so trying to copy it as close as possible.

Don't know, but I would be very surprised if Stern wasn't using a direct line to a Chinese factory by now for their LEDs.

#1300 3 years ago
Quoted from seger10494:

is battle thanos not in the code yet?

Correct. It was taken out in .91. Not ready yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

7,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 12,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/26?hl=playtwowin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.