IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 253.
#1151 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Added a couple of mods this morning.
Rgb scoop light interactive with the the subway lights...

Nice...much better than just a solid color!

And a spinner for the Dr. Strange Portal...

I like that idea! Got to be dead centered over the disc though, Dr. Strange as he does his hands mumbojumbo conjuring those discs: they don't wobble on their axis. Do wonder if it will lower the number of spins of the disc.....

#1152 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I have an LE and don’t think it adds much... I am actually thinking of moving it over to my Jurassic Park.

Get the $80 shaker from pinball life for your JP. I already have mine waiting for my AIQ premium... love it in Deadpool.

#1153 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Yeah, I think there's a bug in the soul gem quest. It's happened to me 4 times. The screen says 7/8. But the tower shot is not lit anymore and additional hits to it do not complete the mode.
I tried to pay closer attention this time. Here's what I saw. Shot number 7 to Captain Marvel did not register the first time and so I hit it again and it worked. The tower shot lit up. I hit it. It seems to go most of the way up. But the magnet did not grab the ball. When the ball came back down the shot insert light went out. But I did not get credit for the shot. It still showed 7/8 on the screen. I hit the tower again and still no credit. So I was in a purgatory state until I ran out of flips.

Yes this seems to be a bug. Had it happen to me once. If you don’t make it all the way up the tower the shot “turns off” and won’t let you complete the mode. The shot is not hard to hit cleanly luckily but hopefully the bug is fixed in the next code release.

#1154 3 years ago

Today is the first time I’ve actually bothered reading through the Stern rulesheet and Jesus does this game have an awesome rule set.

I thought maybe the Strange disc or Stark tower was detecting phantom/incorrect hits as some modes were starting inconsistently as 2 or 3 ball multi balls, but turns out it’s related to Portal locks turning gem modes into multiballs.

I HATED the shot multiplier mechanic of Star Wars, but feel the gem shot placement on AIQ works well for mode completion.

What is everyone’s opinion on the difficulty of modes? I haven’t played them all enough to rank difficulty in order or really know what’s going on occasionally, but I had a 5 minute long Thor multiball stacked with Time Gem mode and still couldn’t beat Promixa Midnight.

I was considering using AIQ as tradebait for a TWD premium/LE, but girlfriend had told me I’m not allowed to get rid of it. I’m glad as the game is growing on me the more I dig into the rules. It is astounding how much they’ve crammed into this game at launch.

#1155 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Some thoughts for use of shaker motor on aiq.

Anytime the ball is in the pops. This happens in Hot Wheels and it is fantastic!

#1156 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Nice...much better than just a solid color!

I like that idea! Got to be dead centered over the disc though, Dr. Strange as he does his hands mumbojumbo conjuring those discs: they don't wobble on their axis. Do wonder if it will lower the number of spins of the disc.....

It is centered, just hard to see. It’s very lightweight, 3D printed disc, so it should not affect the number of spins.

#1157 3 years ago

Anyone else having issues with balls getting lost in the subway? It’s happening to me quite a bit. It looks like the ball is going around the first “fin” in the trough and getting caught along side the next ball. After about 5 ball searches, it cycles the trough and sorts it out, which is nice, but it takes about 90 seconds of searching before it does that. I’ve had this happen around 10 times. It seems like the fins should be angled down towards the player more so the ball cant fit around it in the trough, but I’m not seeing any way to adjust it.

5F8C2816-D65F-46AF-ABA4-54603B931014 (resized).jpeg5F8C2816-D65F-46AF-ABA4-54603B931014 (resized).jpeg
#1158 3 years ago

Any one else have POOP! On their screen when it’s cycle through them in attract mode?

F98E15F2-7335-4834-B8A1-AE812A249052 (resized).jpegF98E15F2-7335-4834-B8A1-AE812A249052 (resized).jpeg
#1159 3 years ago

Sometimes the extra ball callout sounds like Drac from Monster Bash. Let me know if anyone else hears that. Maybe it's just the beers. lol

#1160 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Any one else have POOP! On their screen when it’s cycle through them in attract mode?
[quoted image]

So is that Strange Poop or Poop Strange?

#1161 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

[quoted image]

Looks like someone had fun with the custom message option in the menu. Kids?

#1162 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Looks like someone had fun with the custom message option in the menu. Kids?

No, they are 6 and 7. They have no idea how to do that and it was a NiB. It might of came from the factory that way lol who knows

#1163 3 years ago

6 year old can't operate a computer menu? Hahahahaha bullshit.

WhoElseSay'sPoopPunkin

#1164 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

WhoElseSay'sPoopPunkin

Not one that’s not a touch screen.

#1165 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

WhoElseSay'sPoopPunkin

They could if i showed them but they would have no idea to put a custom message. If this was their iPad now that’s a different story

#1166 3 years ago

Played my LE all weekend and I my had onesmall issue. My extra ball target was not working. Turned out the solder came loose and one wire was disconnected. Easy 5 min solder job, back up and running. Just scored 194 million now that I have the "extra ball" and "add a ball" shots working.

This game is amazing, when leveling I feel like all ramps hit better around 6.5. I tried 6.7 but after playing a couple hours I felt like the flippers were getting tired and struggling to hit all the ramps. So I for me I found the happy spot at 6.5.

#1167 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Anyone else having issues with balls getting lost in the subway? It’s happening to me quite a bit. It looks like the ball is going around the first “fin” in the trough and getting caught along side the next ball. After about 5 ball searches, it cycles the trough and sorts it out, which is nice, but it takes about 90 seconds of searching before it does that. I’ve had this happen around 10 times. It seems like the fins should be angled down towards the player more so the ball cant fit around it in the trough, but I’m not seeing any way to adjust it.
[quoted image]

Are you running the latest code? I heard the new code helps with the subway.
I was also wondering if extra shiny balls could be getting magnetized in the avengers tower and sticking to each other down there causing trouble.

#1168 3 years ago

I gotta say, this has been my first nib stern and first time in an owners club of this type. Everyone loves the game, lots of minor issues, and someone typed poop on someone’s game...not sure what to think here but it sounds like some good people to party with.

#1169 3 years ago

I am running the latest code. The issue seems to be that there is just too much space on the bottom side of the fin that is supposed to catch the ball. The subway trough is wider than it needs to be and the slots that guide the fins are not centered in the middle of the subway. If the ball is moving fast or has spin on it, it’s just moving past the first fin.

#1170 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

This game is amazing, when leveling I feel like all ramps hit better around 6.5. I tried 6.7 but after playing a couple hours I felt like the flippers were getting tired and struggling to hit all the ramps.

I'll have flipper coil temp testing done soon to see if it's TMNT type fade or dethrones Stranger Things.

#1171 3 years ago

Good way to piss off your significant other when you are playing together and have a big game and she sits on the sideline for 20 minutes lol

FFE8002F-85B8-4DAF-ACB6-07B6C4B57CD9 (resized).jpegFFE8002F-85B8-4DAF-ACB6-07B6C4B57CD9 (resized).jpeg
#1172 3 years ago

Opened my LE today. Shooter rod was way off to one side. Do they even do a test plunge on these before shipping them???

#1173 3 years ago

Set my game up this afternoon and played 10 games on it..Super fun. Lots of control. Hitting shots left and right.

I then proceeded to take 2 hours and replace all of the posts with superbands and all of the ring rubbers with titans....

The game now is crazy bouncy and doesn’t have any predictability with the shots.

I see titans being championed in pretty much every owners thread.

Do I have to wait for them to settle in? Do they lose some of their elasticity eventually?

The slingshots I can and will adjust:bend the switch distances to make them less sensitive...

Is this all normal? Should I go back to the stern black rubbers?

#1174 3 years ago

When you change from regular rubber to super bands or Titans the game will play different. It’s just how they play. Put in the game what you like best.

#1175 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Set my game up this afternoon and played 10 games on it..Super fun. Lots of control. Hitting shots left and right.
I then proceeded to take 2 hours and replace all of the posts with superbands and all of the ring rubbers with titans....
The game now is crazy bouncy and doesn’t have any predictability with the shots.
Do I have to wait for them to settle in? Do they lose some of their elasticity eventually?
The slingshots I can and will adjust:bend the switch distances to make them less sensitive...

Anything is better than the stock rubbers even just better rubbers.
I dislike Superbands but i really like Titans. Superbands feel like bouncy balls but i find Titans to feel more like rubber. I do think they feel weird at first as if there is a slight finish that needs to wear down but feel better after a little play. I go Titans flippers and rings but leave the post sleeves alone. Im just trying to decide if my premium needs blue or purple before i order mine. I get them for most of my games. I installed them on my Iron Maiden on day one.

#1176 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Anything is better than the stock rubbers even just better rubbers.
I dislike Superbands but i really like Titans. Superbands feel like bouncy balls but i find Titans to feel more like rubber. I do think they feel weird at first as if there is a slight finish that needs to wear down but feel better after a little play. I go Titans flippers and rings but leave the post sleeves alone. Im just trying to decide if my premium needs blue or purple before i order mine. I get them for most of my games. I installed them on my Iron Maiden on day one.

Agreed, Titan rings are the way to go, and also agree that Superband posts are way too bouncy. I like using Cliffy's posts, they have the same feel as rubber posts without too much bounce, and are also much more durable than Titan posts. You can get Cliffy's posts directly from him or Pinballlife who also carries them.

First thing I do with a new game in a house is remove all rubber from the playfield, as the amount of dirt they produce makes them a pain to deal with.....

#1177 3 years ago

I'll chime in and say I like titan rubbers with superband posts. I agree that the stock black stern rubbers leave a mess on the balls and playfield.

#1178 3 years ago

#264 is down. CPU died after 1 test game. Board is only getting 48 voltages. Hopefully Stern will take care of it sooner rather than later. Also not too happy about how my shooter lane looks.

4ED12A65-6F29-400C-99D1-228B29B10727 (resized).jpeg4ED12A65-6F29-400C-99D1-228B29B10727 (resized).jpeg80AFAD8F-C01D-4B84-82D7-BE756F5A2C92 (resized).png80AFAD8F-C01D-4B84-82D7-BE756F5A2C92 (resized).pngDD928256-F039-479F-9DDB-48A0D8C98399 (resized).jpegDD928256-F039-479F-9DDB-48A0D8C98399 (resized).jpeg
#1179 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackpotjared:

#264 is down. CPU died after 1 test game. Board is only getting 48 voltages. Hopefully Stern will take care of it sooner rather than later. Also not too happy about how my shooter lane looks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s unfortunate. Hopefully stern gets you up and running soon.

Can you explain what’s wrong with your shooter lane look? I am still trying to grasp the concept of shooter lane appearance and protection. I am afraid I just don’t understand/see the issue. Is it the knot within the lane? Are the issues around shooter lanes mostly aesthetic?

In no way am I trying to minimize your own opinion or experience on this I am just trying to see from a collector’s point of view.

My POTC has a black mark where balls come out into shootout lane. I assume that is something a lane protector would prevent.

#1180 3 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

That’s unfortunate. Hopefully stern gets you up and running soon.
Can you explain what’s wrong with your shooter lane look? I am still trying to grasp the concept of shooter lane appearance and protection. I am afraid I just don’t understand/see the issue. Is it the knot within the lane? Are the issues around shooter lanes mostly aesthetic?
In no way am I trying to minimize your own opinion or experience on this I am just trying to see from a collector’s point of view.
My POTC has a black mark where balls come out into shootout lane. I assume that is something a lane protector would prevent.

The large brown spot in the middle of the shooter lane is what concern”s me. It looks like either a burn mark, or a wood defect. I have seen others Avengers IQ machines, and none of their shooter lanes look like this.

#1181 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

You can get Cliffy's posts directly from him or Pinballlife who also carries them.

FYI, I found out over the weekend that this is not correct... Hopefully Cliff doesn't mind me posting this, but Pinball Life is FALSLEY advertising their post sleeves as Cliffy's when they no longer buy from him and are using knock-offs. I confirmed this myself by buying from Pinball Life and their "Cliffys" are wider and bouncier than the real thing. Do not order from them - only order from Cliff direct at https://www.passionforpinball.com.

Pinball Life, if you're reading this, I would hope you would do the right thing and remove the word "Cliffy" from the description of this item as it is misleading and I believe a violation of a trademark:

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsballystern-1-116-colored-post-sleeves.html

#1182 3 years ago

The large brown spot in the middle of the shooter lane is what concern”s me. It looks like either a burn mark, or a wood defect. I have seen others Avengers IQ machines, and none of their shooter lanes look like this.

Wood is different. That brown spot is just a random color. The clear looks intact, I think you are over reacting.

#1183 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Wood is different. That brown spot is just a random color. The clear looks intact, I think you are over reacting.

I'm not sure I agree with you.. It's difficult to tell from the quality of that pic, but that doesn't look like natural woodgrain coloring to me. It looks like the wood got burned by whatever tool they use to route out the shooter lane.

#1184 3 years ago

Thank you for the clarification on shooter lane. That’s a bummer. No one wants to purchase a machine at that price and not be satisfied. What are your options? Cover it? Live with it? Some other solution?

#1185 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I agree with you that Titans make some games much harder to play, I just posted about this on the JP thread. I bet when Keith puts up his high scores they aren’t with Titans. Even though the black ones tend to make a bit of a mess I am going to leave them on the rest of my stern games until someone comes up with a better solution.
I have been playing around with my own formulas since I have some experience with moulds and silicone. I am hoping for a rubber that plays the same as stock but comes in an array of colors like Titans.

#1186 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I'm not sure I agree with you.. It's difficult to tell from the quality of that pic, but that doesn't look like natural woodgrain coloring to me. It looks like the wood got burned by whatever tool they use to route out the shooter lane.

I will post a better pic of it today, yeah I have not looked underneath the Playfield yet to see if anything looks odd down there. I do think it got burned by the tool they used, but that’s just my theory.

#1187 3 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Thank you for the clarification on shooter lane. That’s a bummer. No one wants to purchase a machine at that price and not be satisfied. What are your options? Cover it? Live with it? Some other solution?

I have no idea lol

#1188 3 years ago

Also not too happy about how my shooter lane looks.

I’ve got a dark layer of wood on my Iron Maiden premium, fortunately mine looks kinda cool.
I’ll post a pic later when I get home from work.

#1189 3 years ago

You have a special limited edition PF

It’s wood. Not a defect. Variations happen on every one of my games. Lol

#1190 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You have a special limited edition PF

LOL

#1191 3 years ago

Shooter lane wouldn’t bother me at all. I think it is just a wood defect.

As for the cpu, that sucks. I wonder if it is a power supply issue. Might be worth swapping the supply with another spike 2, they are pretty easy to remove/install. Three nuts and loosening a few screws.

#1192 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Shooter lane wouldn’t bother me at all. I think it is just a wood defect.
As for the cpu, that sucks. I wonder if it is a power supply issue. Might be worth swapping the supply with another spike 2, they are pretty easy to remove/install. Three nuts and loosening a few screws.

So I actually tested the “bad” cpu board from Avengers and put in JP, and it would not boot. So the CPU is 100% the problem. It was cool to see the Avengers animation in JP thigh lol. I did not want to put a CPU from my JP or Maiden into Avengers, and the reason was because, I did and still do not know what caused the CPU board on Avengers to go bad, so I did not want to risk another board going dead.

#1193 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'll have flipper coil temp testing done soon to see if it's TMNT type fade or dethrones Stranger Things.

I am not familiar with the flipper fade in those games but I will take your word for it. keep me posted if you do any testing.

#1194 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When you change from regular rubber to super bands or Titans the game will play different. It’s just how they play. Put in the game what you like best.

I prefer the "Perfect Play" silicone bands from Pinball Life. Seem to better match regular rubber play and last longer.

#1195 3 years ago

Looking like there's a good chance that I'll have my Premium by next weekend!

#1196 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I prefer the "Perfect Play" silicone bands from Pinball Life. Seem to better match regular rubber play and last longer.

They are silicone just like Titan. I don’t notice a difference in play at all.

#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They are silicone just like Titan. I don’t notice a difference in play at all.

I agree, no difference in play for me. I switched to perfect play because my Titan stern posts sleeves lasted about a month before getting tore up in my Jurassic Park. I assume this is just the way silicone are. Switched back to awful black, don't know what else to try. I play my games everyday.

#1198 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I agree, no difference in play for me. I switched to perfect play because my stern posts sleeves lasted about a month before getting tore up in my Jurassic Park. I assume this is just the way silicone are. Switched back to awful black, don't know what else to try. I play my games everyday.

I think there's a lot of confusion being caused by generically saying 'rubber' when really there are three main things at play: Flipper rubber, post sleeves, and all other rubber rings.

For me, I've found the right combination that work well are:

Flipper Rubbers: Perfect Play - can be bought from Pinball Life. I find these are close to Sterns factory installed rubbers but don't degrade and make the PF dirty. I find Titans to be too bouncy.

Post Sleeves: I use Cliffy's for these. As noted a few posts up, do NOT use Pinball Life to buy these, because you aren't getting the same product. I've found that both Titans and Pinball Life's are too bouncy and change the entire game. Cliffs are harder and smaller and more closely resemble what comes from the factory but does not degrade and can be bought in different colors. Order these at passionforpinball.com.

All other rubbers: Finally, I use Titans for all other rings.

#1199 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I agree, no difference in play for me. I switched to perfect play because my Titan stern posts sleeves lasted about a month before getting tore up in my Jurassic Park. I assume this is just the way silicone are. Switched back to awful black, don't know what else to try. I play my games everyday.

Posts aren’t causing the dirt imo. I always leave those stock. Just change out the flippers and all the rings.

#1200 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

For posts, use Superbands. They're tough and look great. Softer than the stock Stern black, but much tougher than silicone.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/24?hl=mcvetyty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.