04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 255.
#1101 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I bought my NIB Stern JP Premium last spring and have been happy with zero issues (Knock on virtual wood) so I didn't think of any ill thoughts to order this NIB stern premium when I saw the trailer. Paid in full on day 1 of ordering. It seems now that almost every LE that has come home, has serious issues with the subway/spinner. Minor adjustment on the wire ramp seems to have solved some issues with ball dropping. Wondering now if I can cancel my order with some sort of refund to avoid all these headaches, or am I just over reacting?

I'm not really worried about it... I'm still eagerly waiting for my Premium to arrive.

These seem to be mostly minor issues, that can happen in manufacturing and this is still a mechanical device, so some issues will crop up.

I'm confident I will be able to make any fixes/tweaks needed. I certainly understand the frustration from recent new owners with issues, that is never fun and hope Stern can help them quickly and also make any changes needed for future builds to help minimize the reported issues.

#1102 3 years ago

Purchased my Premium yesterday and now anxiously awaiting arrival. My distributor said they ship next week - has anyone else heard the same thing?

I plan to commission it at home, tweak it, tune it, wax it, etc. and then put it on location at the Riverside Game Lab (Riverside, CA) about Halloween time IF we're allowed to have the arcade open (don't get me started).

I'm excited about going back thru all 22 pages of this thread to learn more about what you're all experiencing so far.

#1103 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I bought my NIB Stern JP Premium last spring and have been happy with zero issues (Knock on virtual wood) so I didn't think of any ill thoughts to order this NIB stern premium when I saw the trailer. Paid in full on day 1 of ordering. It seems now that almost every LE that has come home, has serious issues with the subway/spinner. Minor adjustment on the wire ramp seems to have solved some issues with ball dropping. Wondering now if I can cancel my order with some sort of refund to avoid all these headaches, or am I just over reacting?

I don't think you need to cancel. I'm sure there are way more games with no issues that you don't hear about than games with issues. I know of two other LE in my pinball group and they're both fine, no issues. I had one minor issue. In my experience Stern will make it right if you have a problem with a mech or something. Really everything I've read here is minor and fixable. Just my two cents. I've been playing the heck out of mine. I wouldn't want anyone to miss out on a great game over small stuff.

#1104 3 years ago

Ordered a Pro on announcement. Patiently waiting. Ha !

#1105 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I'm not really worried about it... I'm still eagerly waiting for my Premium to arrive.
These seem to be mostly minor issues, that can happen in manufacturing and this is still a mechanical device, so some issues will crop up.
I'm confident I will be able to make any fixes/tweaks needed. I certainly understand the frustration from recent new owners with issues, that is never fun and hope Stern can help them quickly and also make any changes needed for future builds to help minimize the reported issues.

If you want an overbuilt showpiece maybe cancel it, if you want something like a nice decoration for your house

If you want a freakin fun pinball machine keep your order. The game is really fun. My LE is good to go from what i see so far. The 91 code helped the subway walker mech. I’ve had nice looking games that play like crap. Don’t miss out on Avengers or any other game until you play em.

#1106 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Is there any way to replay the soul gem quest? I know if you have the soul gem you can replay other gem quests. But it seems that the soul gem is a "do, or do not, there is no try" kinda thing?

I believe collecting a SJP during Black Order MB will award the Soul Gem if it has been lost or not collected.

#1107 3 years ago

Every NIB game will need some amount of fine tuning, some more then others. I can’t imagine getting into this hobby and not being handy.

#1108 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Every NIB game will need some amount of fine tuning, some more then others. I can’t imagine getting into this hobby and not being handy.

And every used game for that matter. Its always something if you have more than a few machines. But thats a part of the hobby I enjoy.

#1109 3 years ago

Unboxed mine today , love the ramps !!!

My shaker works fine but I never notice it in gameplay is it not coded yet ? Game needs more call outs but it will be a winner !

#1110 3 years ago

This is my first Elwin game, and I have to say... now I understand the hype behind him and his team. This game has definitely set the bar for me. Kudos to everyone who had a hand in the game.

I can't wait to see where the code ends up!

#1111 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Purchased my Premium yesterday and now anxiously awaiting arrival. My distributor said they ship next week - has anyone else heard the same thing?
I plan to commission it at home, tweak it, tune it, wax it, etc. and then put it on location at the Riverside Game Lab (Riverside, CA) about Halloween time IF we're allowed to have the arcade open (don't get me started).
I'm excited about going back thru all 22 pages of this thread to learn more about what you're all experiencing so far.

my distributer said the same thing about next week. Hope they are right!

#1112 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I can’t imagine getting into this hobby and not being handy.

Ha, you just described me when I bought my first machine 2 years ago

#1113 3 years ago

Got my T-Molding installed. Have done this on about 6 games so far
If you need help, I just finished a tutorial on my blog
Note that for my machine, the head panels on AIQ are thinner than earlier machines so ... the 3/4" T-Molding now sticks out about 1/2mm on each side
Still looks fantastic if you care for that sort of thing!

UPDATE:
See post below from RPZ where he mentions using 11/16" T-molding instead of 3/4"
You most certainly can order that size and it's exactly a 1/16" narrower than 3/4" and will likely fit with less or no overhang
YMMV

https://thepinballloft.com/2020/10/10/molding-heroes/
IMG_9540 (resized).jpgIMG_9540 (resized).jpg

Half done image
IMG_9530 (resized).jpgIMG_9530 (resized).jpg

#1114 3 years ago

Hey, thanks to everyone who PMed me. I am really excited about this project! I can't wait to finally see it in the game.

I just started a my own thread for the 3D Thanos Mod. If you guys are interested please take a look! Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-thanos-mod-for-avengers-infinity-quest-pre-order-#post-5900673

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 6.07.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-01 at 6.07.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-01 at 6.07.27 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-01 at 6.07.27 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-06 at 5.07.03 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-06 at 5.07.03 PM (resized).png
#1115 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Note that for my machine, the head panels on AIQ are thinner than earlier machines so ... the 3/4" T-Molding now sticks out about 1/2mm on each side
[quoted image]
Half done image[quoted image]

Thanks for the help blog. I'm wondering if the amount that sticks out will bother me or not. Hmm. Also, how much material did you purchase to cover the machine?

#1116 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Thanks for the help blog. I'm wondering if the amount that sticks out will bother me or not. Hmm. Also, how much material did you purchase to cover the machine?

You have no choice at T-molding.com (20 feet)

Dirt cheap anyway!

Did not bother me after install - looks great (you have to be close to see - and I can't believe anyone would say it does not look good)

#1117 3 years ago
Quoted from TheModalorian:

Hey, thanks to everyone who PMed me. I am really excited about this project! I can't wait to finally see it in the game.
I just started a my own thread for the 3D Thanos Mod. If you guys are interested please take a look! Thanks!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-thanos-mod-for-avengers-infinity-quest-pre-order-#post-5900673
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Killer mod - great work sir

#1118 3 years ago

delete post

#1119 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Issues happen with Stern's more because their quality assurance is straight garbage. Most people on pinside are happy to receive a broken game and fix it then to have nothing at all. It truly is a lottery on if you get a quality game or not. After all of the ninja turtle problems people have been having. I'm holding off on buying Stern LE for the while. I do have a premium on order though

#1120 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

FIX FOR BALL FALLING OFF RAILS AS IT CROSSES PLAYFIELD FROM CENTER RAMP:

You. Are. The. Man! Thanks a million. Bent mine about a millimeter and it went from <10% success to absolutely perfect. Not a single drop in 20 test plunges and five games.

#1121 3 years ago

Probably true on all LE's but the backbox speakers sound way better on the 8ohm setting. Then use 10band EQ or the simple EQ to boost bass in the cab speaker and high frequencies in the backbox speakers. Not exactly pinwoofer grade audio but certainly a vast improvement over stock.

#1122 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

LE no. 283 here ..
already have a problem .. dr. stranger disc is stuck up after updating to .91 and i cant find a way to test it .. should i be trying to go back to .90?
balls fall in but no attempt to clear the subway during ball search
edit - i did a pro update .. haha ./.. hope i can fix it

I am having this problem also and I have not updated my code even once.

#1123 3 years ago

Going to try flexible mirror in the under playfield ball trough. If it works well I'll take a pic.

#1124 3 years ago

Well LE #2 is dead in the water.
Upper half of the playfield is dark.
Disc is stuck up. Ball search sees nothing happen in the trough. Can't start a game.
I now have 2 games down at the same time because of node board issues. SW is also down right now with node board 8 out.
Never had this happen with the SAM system.
I hate these node boards.
And my distributor just left on his annual 2 week trip out west. Not his fault though...
Oh, well it isn't arms and legs.

#1125 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Disc is stuck up. Ball search sees nothing happen in the trough. Can't start a game.
I now have 2 games down at the same time because of node board issues. SW is also down right now with node board 8 out.
And my distributor just left on his annual 2 week trip out west. Not his fault though...

How long have you had your aiq?

What's the build date?

#1126 3 years ago

8 days

build date sept 24

Trent is aware and will be talking directly to Stern. They will have a lot to talk about since my SW LE is down also with node board 8 issues. Now Av:IQ has node board #9 issues....

Bad luck I suppose. They will get fixed.

#1127 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Node 8 and 9 are interchangeable, you just have to change the dip switches if you reverse the boards or swap them in from another machine. So you can get your Star Wars up for sure. You may be able to get your AIQ running, too.

If Star Wars is out of warranty, Borygard has a good record fixing them quickly and relatively inexpensively.

You have options.

#1128 3 years ago

I’m assuming AIQ has the new “jukebox” feature, but don’t recall hearing about it yet.

Can any new owners confirm? Thanks!

#1129 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

[quoted image]
Half done image[quoted image]

So if buying new, do you think we should buy 11/16” so there is no overhang?

#1130 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I’m assuming AIQ has the new “jukebox” feature, but don’t recall hearing about it yet.
Can any new owners confirm? Thanks!

“Jukebox feature”?

#1131 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

“Jukebox feature”?

Can play the games music without playing the game.

#1132 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

So if buying new, do you think we should buy 11/16” so there is no overhang?

I'm betting that would be a more perfect fit.
Great call out/idea and I'll amend my tutorial accordingly
Don't think you'd be dissatisfied with the 3/4" but removing that 16th will make it fit better

#1133 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I’ve heard which is one of the reasons I’ve stayed away and haven’t even tried it yet though to look at it sure is a thing of beauty.

Shame. Game is my favorite pin ever made.

#1134 3 years ago

Hats off to the guys adding the yellow T-molding - that puts the finishing touch on the LE's that Stern should have done . Check out the LE @ post #936 best looking LE so far !

#1135 3 years ago

Added the yellow T Molding before the first game. Looks so nice.

B0030B26-D7EC-4B40-9AC2-2B6B169EB1EB (resized).jpegB0030B26-D7EC-4B40-9AC2-2B6B169EB1EB (resized).jpeg
#1136 3 years ago

Will a shaker motor add much to this game?

#1137 3 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Will a shaker motor add much to this game?

I have an LE and don’t think it adds much... I am actually thinking of moving it over to my Jurassic Park.

#1138 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I have an LE and don’t think it adds much... I am actually thinking of moving it over to my Jurassic Park.

Bummer. I was hoping they were able to integrate one in some way that adds that feedback I enjoy. But it seems other than the spinners, AIQ doesn’t have any toys/bash targets that would benefit having a shaker.

#1139 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

A shaker motor in JP is a must have, I put shaker motors in all my games

#1140 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Shaker motor in JP is a must have, I put shaker motors in all my games. I have AIQ premium ordered it will get one also I’m sure future code updates will include incorporating it more.

#1141 3 years ago

Got some time to play a bunch of games in a row on the LE .

Really enjoying the gameplay . The layout is fantastic .

Fun shots,due to original ramp ideas , combo flow without the FAN layout.

KME and team are bringing innovation in the form of a fun shooting game without the typical fan layout the overused cookie-cutter designs of the old guard. No offense "old guard" , but the new guy is proving that there are still refreshing layout designs in the pinball world , when it seemed like everything had already been done ... and that is not easy.

The callouts are not as bad as i originally thought, although some of them do not sound much like superheroes. There are some clever quips when you drain and funny situational quotes.

Animation package with coordinated sound is coming along nicely with the notable exception being : need a sound coordinated with the subway mech advancing a ball ; along with a more focused lighting on that area . I would suggest another round of deep bass-rich booms ; can't get enough of that type of sound. Or perhaps more of the phaser style sound used on the soul gem quest intro. Hulk spinner sound i find to be a bit weak. Might be cool to hear him growling or something related to him getting more aggravated. The JP spinner sound set the bar for a great modern spinner sound.

There is another opportunity to add some excitement to the visual and sound package to enhance what another pinsider had pointed out about the gameplay. Someone had pointed out that during multiball and while simultaneously hitting wireformed ramp returns ; it reminds them of the avengers team flying through the air and attacking. Of course they don't all fly , but maybe something could be done to detect that situation and provide a visual or audio compliment to that.

So far, the more i play the game the more i like it . the rules have the type of depth you want for a home game ; although i find the information available on the screen lacking for what the gems do, during gameplay . I think there are opportunities to add some text to the gem quest screens and the ball-stop portion (when you collect and are about to place the gem) that would help players who aren't retaining the knowledge of the rules sheet; and whatever is written on that super tiny text on the instruction card. Yeah , my eyes are old and i have not even attempted to read that card.

With all the comparisons going on between games and the supposed desire for innovation ; stern has hired some impressive people from the competitive pinball that are bringing fresh ideas; and impressively succeeding in changing the pinball experience for the better.

The email only support approach needs improvement . If you can manufacture and design in quantity (along with continually rising prices), you need a better support system. Innovate that !

Thanks for another great game to keep us distracted from reality.

EdZ (all 3 KME NIB) - also a competitive pinball guy .

#1142 3 years ago

Managed to get a ball stuck earlier... seems like an easy spot to happen. Anyone else have this problem?
20201011_103540 (resized).jpg20201011_103540 (resized).jpg

#1143 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

There is another opportunity to add some excitement to the visual and sound package to enhance what another pinsider had pointed out about the gameplay. Someone had pointed out that during multiball and while simultaneously hitting wireformed ramp returns ; it reminds them of the avengers team flying through the air and attacking. Of course they don't all fly , but maybe something could be done to detect that situation and provide a visual or audio compliment to that.

Funny you (and sounds like others) mention that - I had not read anything about that sentiment BUT I "felt" the same thing. If I was to share one "feeling" I get while playing, it would be that at times it "feels" like you/Avengers are flying. Pretty good achievement for a Pinball machine. I would attribute it to the vertical movement the ball can achieve in this game ... also, not sure but this game looks "deeper" in the cabinet due having to fit the ramps and tower?

#1144 3 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Bummer. I was hoping they were able to integrate one in some way that adds that feedback I enjoy. But it seems other than the spinners, AIQ doesn’t have any toys/bash targets that would benefit having a shaker.

That’s pretty common on early code and as they make updates it gets integrated more and more. Tmnt is a good example. Basically just vibrated like crazy now it does things like vibrates when you pizza multiball starts and it pulses like your getting whipped around until they are tossed.

It’s pretty neat

#1145 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Managed to get a ball stuck earlier... seems like an easy spot to happen. Anyone else have this problem?
[quoted image]

Yes ... happened an hour a go.
I spent 15 minutes looking because I was positive a ball went up there but I could not find it - convinced myself I was seeing things
Gave up, power cycled machine - still showing missing ball
Finally found it to resume play

#1146 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Twice last night actually.

#1147 3 years ago

Okay, I guess I'll send an email to a black hole, err, I mean Stern and see what they say about it.

#1148 3 years ago

Added a couple of mods this morning.

Rgb scoop light interactive with the the subway lights...

And a spinner for the Dr. Strange Portal...

#1149 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I think it's an occasional bug. Same thing happened to me once last night. Every other time the tower was lit.

Yeah, I think there's a bug in the soul gem quest. It's happened to me 4 times. The screen says 7/8. But the tower shot is not lit anymore and additional hits to it do not complete the mode.

I tried to pay closer attention this time. Here's what I saw. Shot number 7 to Captain Marvel did not register the first time and so I hit it again and it worked. The tower shot lit up. I hit it. It seems to go most of the way up. But the magnet did not grab the ball. When the ball came back down the shot insert light went out. But I did not get credit for the shot. It still showed 7/8 on the screen. I hit the tower again and still no credit. So I was in a purgatory state until I ran out of flips.

#1150 3 years ago

Some thoughts for use of shaker motor on aiq.

1) when the ring opens and closes on the prem/le, very much like the opening of the top left ramp does on iron maiden prem/le

2) any time you make a final shot to achieve a gem
2a) maybe when you collect the gem instead

3) integrate a shaker with gamma ray, either when spinning or when it runs out and ends

4) any time you land an attack shot in a fight mode, but this might be too much depending on the mode

I'm sure there is more that can be thought of, but I still haven't played it yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/23?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.