04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 255.
#11501 1 year ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

I'm still betting on the coil stops. Compared to the Capt Marvel shot, the Black Widow and Gauntlet ramps should be easy shots.
I would order some and replace them, it's much easier than adjusting that flipper I promise!

Captain marvel shot is easy compared to widow oh hell ;

I watched a stream of someone playing clearly the issue here I’m having is power

I’m gonna order them I could replace it myself ? Thank you are so kind

#11502 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I would like to thank everyone from the bottom of thanos soul for all the help ;
I can now hit black widow ramp but mostly only with right flipper with about 40% rate
Left flipper can only hit black widow lucky off a rolling ball and off tip of flipper ;
Loosening that flipper was hell ; I definitely loosened it too much cause it was going everywhere;
I have the game set to 10 balls because i want to see more of the game but stupid black widow ramp blocks progress or rejects SDTM drains ..
Thanks for all the help I think we have exhausted all options my tech is coming tommrow to do a full game check..
To me after aligning the flippers the clear issue is power… just not enough power…
Even when I hit black widow ramp or big fat ramp (who’s ramp is that) ball barely makes it;
It’s frustrating to play the game when balls can just barely get up either ramp
(Pitch in front of both ramps is 6.3 center of playfield is 6.5-6.6)

Maybe if you can take some video as well might be able to see exactly what’s going on. Hopefully the tech will get you sorted out though

#11503 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Maybe if you can take some video as well might be able to see exactly what’s going on. Hopefully the tech will get you sorted out though

It will be hard to take video but basically compared to playing mando or GZ earlier I notice a clear decrease in actual power from flipper to ball;

Someone told me on AIQ the balls rip through and up the ramps if I can get to that stage I’ll be so happy ;

I’m sure you guys feel for me brand new machine and this stupid issue ;

Imagine the balls going up either ramp 80% then reject back down that’s it . No videos really needed

I can still hit the ramps but the amount of rejects can’t be Normal

I’ll let you guys know what tech says

#11504 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Captain marvel shot is easy compared to widow oh hell ;
I watched a stream of someone playing clearly the issue here I’m having is power
I’m gonna order them I could replace it myself ? Thank you are so kind

Not sure if a video is easier to explain it for you than someone writing how to do it, I certainly prefer video. Anyway here's a good video on replacing the coil stops and sleeves from Hurry Up Pinball, hope it helps.

#11505 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Not sure if a video is easier to explain it for you than someone writing how to do it, I certainly prefer video. Anyway here's a good video on replacing the coil stops and sleeves from Hurry Up Pinball, hope it helps.

Thank you so much that does help !! My distributor thinks I’m nuts when I mentioned coil stops he says stern games for thousands of plays with theirs lol

This looks easier then adjusting the flippers I might be able to do it!

Still ordering them

#11506 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Yes im pretty sure; i think it was actually .7 degrees pitch off; i will re measure tonight and attach the pics to show you; thank you for the quick respoinse

You need someone with a bit of experience to come over and help you get your game adjusted sounds like Friday he will help you.watch and learn

Quoted from BrokenChair:

I would like to thank everyone from the bottom of thanos soul for all the help ;
I can now hit black widow ramp but mostly only with right flipper with about 40% rate
Left flipper can only hit black widow lucky off a rolling ball and off tip of flipper ;
Loosening that flipper was hell ; I definitely loosened it too much cause it was going everywhere;
I have the game set to 10 balls because i want to see more of the game but stupid black widow ramp blocks progress or rejects SDTM drains ..
Thanks for all the help I think we have exhausted all options my tech is coming tommrow to do a full game check..
To me after aligning the flippers the clear issue is power… just not enough power…
Even when I hit black widow ramp or big fat ramp (who’s ramp is that) ball barely makes it;
It’s frustrating to play the game when balls can just barely get up either ramp
(Pitch in front of both ramps is 6.3 center of playfield is 6.5-6.6)

The tech will fix it and watch him and ask questions so you can comfortably adjust your next game.enjoy a fantastic game.

#11507 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

You need someone with a bit of experience to come over and help you get your game adjusted sounds like Friday he will help you.watch and learn

The tech will fix it and watch him and ask questions so you can comfortably adjust your next game.enjoy a fantastic game.

Yep he will be here in a hour anxious to see what he does ; thanks for the feedback I’m trying to get better doing it myself

#11508 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thank you so much that does help !! My distributor thinks I’m nuts when I mentioned coil stops he says stern games for thousands of plays with theirs lol
This looks easier then adjusting the flippers I might be able to do it!
Still ordering them

My experience with (3) NIB Sterns is that the factory coil stops have failed or began to fail anywhere from 200-500 games played. After replacing coil stops and sleeves, I have several thousand games on each machine and only replaced the replacement coil stops and sleeves when i did a full flipper rebuild at 5500 games played.

#11509 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

My experience with (3) NIB Sterns is that the factory coil stops have failed or began to fail anywhere from 200-500 games played. After replacing coil stops and sleeves, I have several thousand games on each machine and only replaced the replacement coil stops and sleeves when i did a full flipper rebuild at 5500 games played.

Yes.. Anyone who says its not necessary to replace these has simply gotten used to the lack of power. Flippers instantly become super snappy after the replacement and it is 100% the best (and easiest/cheapest) update you can do to any modern Stern.

#11510 1 year ago

I’ve swapped coil stops on my games but haven’t found that it was necessary in any case under 2500 games. I think there have been bad batches for sure, but I think Pinside group think tends to inflate the severity of the issue, much like the dreaded magnetized balls that get brought up and so often blamed as the cause of so many unrelated problems.

#11511 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I’ve swapped coil stops on my games but haven’t found that it was necessary in any case under 2500 games. I think there have been bad batches for sure, but I think Pinside group think tends to inflate the severity of the issue, much like the dreaded magnetized balls that get brought up and so often blamed as the cause of so many unrelated problems.

I’ve been 2/2 on newer Stern games that had sticky flipper action, loose stops & gold dust in the first 100 plays and it’s obviously a very common issue across the forum. Anyone can feel free to evaluate and only replace when necessary - or you can spend a few bucks and work with 4 or 6 easily accessible screws and pretty much forget about it for a long time.

#11512 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I’ve been 2/2 on newer Stern games that had sticky flipper action, loose stops & gold dust in the first 100 plays and it’s obviously a very common issue across the forum. Anyone can feel free to evaluate and only replace when necessary - or you can spend a few bucks and work with 4 or 6 easily accessible screws and pretty much forget about it for a long time.

And I’m 0 for 7 on new pins needing them in the first 2500 games. I maintain my games pretty meticulously since I enjoy working on pins at least as much as I enjoy playing them. Haven’t had it happen personally.

#11513 1 year ago

Does anyone have a link to the correct coil sleeves for modern spike 2 games I have mando, GZ. And AIQ would it all be the same size sleeves I got the stops wow they are cheap

Edit is this them ? Just to be sure ?

https://www.pinballlife.com/2-316-coil-sleeve.html

#11514 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Yep he will be here in a hour anxious to see what he does ; thanks for the feedback I’m trying to get better doing it myself

Don't leave us hanging, what was the prognosis?!?

#11515 1 year ago

I have a lot of balls dropping from the rails crossing the playfield (widow ramp feeding right flipper). Do you know any other solution but bending the wire as per posting #1087? I do fear applying force to the wire may break the welding.

#11516 1 year ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

Don't leave us hanging, what was the prognosis?!?

He couldn’t really find anything wrong lol;

He said the flippers were mis aligned ; something to do with a bushing?; then he said my height of my flippers was off either too high or too low I forget causing the flippers to drag ;

But he said my coil stops should be fine; it’s brand new game and and that I’m nuts to think to replace them…

#11517 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

He said the flippers were mis aligned ; something to do with a bushing?; then he said my height of my flippers was off either too high or too low I forget causing the flippers to drag ;
But he said my coil stops looked fine and that I’m nuts to think to replace them…

The coil stops could be fine - not every game has that particular issue. I’ve purchased a dozen new Stern games over the years and had zero problems with coil stops. There are those that have had issues - but I would imagine there are many more out there that haven’t.

#11518 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

But he said my coil stops should be fine; it’s brand new game and and that I’m nuts to think to replace them…

Like vikeking27 said, they very well might be fine, but why wouldn't he at least check them to make sure? Did the tech play test the machine after making the adjustments to see if the game was functioning properly? It would be interesting to know if the tech thought the ramp/flippers were performing as they should after they played it themselves.

#11519 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I had a NIB DP that only had 1 test game from the factory on it. One of the coil stops was already spinning. Saying they should be fine without checking is lazy. They are easy to check and cheap to replace.

#11520 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I had a NIB DP that only had 1 test game from the factory on it. One of the coil stops was already spinning. Saying they should be fine without checking is lazy. They are easy to check and cheap to replace.

Yup I agree you know if you want something donee in this world you gotta do it yourself …

Ordering the coil stops for my 3 new sterns

Tech played game and says It plays as should still feels weak to me but now I can hit the widow ramp sometimes with either flipper ;

Gonna play a friends game tmmrw to compare that will tell me everything.

Update I watched a fellow member was nice enough to shoot a video clearly he has way more power behind his shots I’ll swap coils and pray to thanos

Can anyone one kindly tell me where these one setting are I cannot find for life of me

1) number of normal ball saves(default is 1?)

where is it and what’s it called?

Standard adjustment 57 is ball save time what does #58 called target time do?

Thanks

#11521 1 year ago

I've recently joined this club and I'm really enjoying the game! Here are some pics I took for the Precision Flipper thread and wanted to share them with the AIQ peeps. They show the Halo flippers and the custom spinning disc along with some other cool mods available for this game.

BrokenChair I agree with everyone else that the coil stops may be your culprit. You may also want to check out the Precision flippers and bushings. After installing, I turned my flipper power down and I have zero rejects from the BW ramp. Something to consider anyway. Hang in there! This game shoots like a dream when dialed in!

Happy to be in the club!

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg
#11522 1 year ago

First week of playing a lot of AIQ. The lit gem carryover on the topper taught me I have trouble collecting the space and time gems. Well, I still need the time gem. Is this normal or am I just a bad player? How frequently do you collect these gems in a game?

#11523 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

First week of playing a lot of AIQ. The lit gem carryover on the topper taught me I have trouble collecting the space and time gems. Well, I still need the time gem. Is this normal or am I just a bad player? How frequently do you collect these gems in a game?

Space and Time are the most difficult for me to collect as well.

I can collect the other ones with decent regularity. With the topper, I would say I finish all the gems typically within 2 or 3 games.

I love the Capt Marvel Ramp. I can hit that all day and be happy.

#11524 1 year ago

They are the 2 hardest for me too. Time gem I try to do in a mb, either from portal locks or Thor/ IM. Space gem I try and line up with level 1 mind gem and use that to help complete.

I find AIQ kinda weird in that I either smash it with all the gems and auto complete Battle Thanos or I completely fluff one of the first gem quests, don’t get it back in Thanos Attacks and have a terrible game.

Mind gem is so important to the way I play the game, I try that quest first, if I don’t complete it I know I’m in for a tougher game right from the start.

#11525 1 year ago

Space gem has become much easier for me. The Widow ramp, side ramp, hawkeye loop to Hulk is a killer combo. It scores very well on Space Gem, and opens portal locks quickly. It’s a great combo to use to learn the timing of an AIQ in the wild on ball 1 without losing a high scoring gem mode like Reality Gem. Generally the combo works well for Time Gem too, but hit the stand ups rather than Hulk.

#11526 1 year ago

Hi all, joining the club with a late production (Spring 22’) pro model that I’m picking up this Friday, any must do mods / adjustments that I should know of? Thanks in advance.

#11527 1 year ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

Hi all, joining the club with a late production (Spring 22’) pro model that I’m picking up this Friday, any must do mods / adjustments that I should know of? Thanks in advance.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tq=must+mods&tu=

#11528 1 year ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

The biggest must as with all Sterns is to turn down the trough eject power, to the lowest number that consistently makes the eject. Also replace the coil stops and sleeves after a few hundred plays.

Most of the problems for AIQ are on the premium model - unreliable subway, balls falling out of the Captain Marvel ramp or wireform, Ant-man scoop wear. With a Pro, there really aren't any common problems. Just the standard places for wear - shooter lane, drop targets, trough - and you can get standard protectors for those if you want.

A flipper cooling kit might be desirable if you play long sessions - the flippers can weaken and have trouble making the steep ramps - although that's less of an issue on a Pro without the Captain Marvel ramp.

The Sanctum target can give airballs from being bent upwards by impacts - some people install a stronger bracket there. Also some people want a mod for the lights above it, to more clearly see the extra ball and add-a-ball lights, though I never found that to be a problem.

#11529 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

The biggest must as with all Sterns is to turn down the trough eject power, to the lowest number that consistently makes the eject. Also replace the coil stops and sleeves after a few hundred plays.
Most of the problems for AIQ are on the premium model - unreliable subway, balls falling out of the Captain Marvel ramp or wireform, Ant-man scoop wear. With a Pro, there really aren't any common problems. Just the standard places for wear - shooter lane, drop targets, trough - and you can get standard protectors for those if you want.
A flipper cooling kit might be desirable if you play long sessions - the flippers can weaken and have trouble making the steep ramps - although that's less of an issue on a Pro without the Captain Marvel ramp.
The Sanctum target can give airballs from being bent upwards by impacts - some people install a stronger bracket there. Also some people want a mod for the lights above it, to more clearly see the extra ball and add-a-ball lights, though I never found that to be a problem.

For a pro I think you probably still want a washer under the far right rail by Antman if not other rails (I think the antman one was the most common culprit for digging into the playfield). There's some info in the thread about it.

#11530 1 year ago

Here’s my final update with the black widow issue changing coil stops and calling it a day ;

I’m tired I still think my games messed up; stupid halfway rejects again all day today from both flippers ; I can hit it 50% of time maybe that’s normal

I’m still having huge issues hitting the black widow ramp on the roll from the right flipper that has to be normal right ? it’s way easier to do trapped ; soo hard when it’s rolling always missed

on roll from left flipper is impossible trapped is possible but hard ;

I’ll do an update once I install and change the coil stops and sleeves …

I actually had 3 gems today and had my ultra high score of 400 million I was so happy to be able to battle thanos and loose but still made it to thanos !

We will see what this big deal about coil stops is about they are pricey

#11531 1 year ago

Couple questions about my AIQ premium again;

1) sometimes when I hit black panther ramp it will somehow clip or also hit the Thor captive ball and that hit doesn’t cause me to complete the full black panther loop cause it stops and becomes a flank attack… what’s up with this is it just clipping the side ball on a close shot? It’s very weird because there doesn’t seem room to clip the Thor ball if you hit in black panther ….

2) sometimes I hit the iron man tower clean but the ball will not magnetize and just drop down; normal ; is it maybe not hitting the top cleanly?

3) it is possible to hit right gauntlet ramp with my right flipper backhand ? I’ve hit it a dew times on accident never on demand ?

What flippers do you recommend using and how often to change ?

I’m currently using super bands but I don’t think I’ll use them ever again they are impossible to get on and can even dis align the flipper every time I put new ones on;

Stock rubber should work fine compared to super bands right ?

Thank you for taking the time to help answer my questions I greatly appreciate it

#11532 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

1) sometimes when I hit black panther ramp it will somehow clip or also hit the Thor captive ball and that hit doesn’t cause me to complete the full black panther loop cause it stops and becomes a flank attack… what’s up with this is it just clipping the side ball on a close shot? It’s very weird because there doesn’t seem room to clip the Thor ball if you hit in black panther ….
2) sometimes I hit the iron man tower clean but the ball will not magnetize and just drop down; normal ; is it maybe not hitting the top cleanly?
3) it is possible to hit right gauntlet ramp with my right flipper backhand ? I’ve hit it a dew times on accident never on demand ?
I’m currently using super bands but I don’t think I’ll use them ever again they are impossible to get on and can even dis align the flipper every time I put new ones on;
Thank you for taking the time to help answer my questions I greatly appreciate it

1 - it’s just practice to get a clean shot there, if you’re early you’ll clip the captive ball and either fully reject or get a flank attack

2 - are you getting credit for the shot and the magnet isn’t activating or no credit for shot? You need to go into switch test and see, it could be a problem with it registering, activating or just the shot wasn’t quite accurate enough so not quite powerful enough

3 - yes you should be able to hit the gauntlet ramp from the right flipper, in my opinion it’s the hardest flipper to get it from and I’m more likely to shoot the center ramp and then gauntlet with the left flipper but it is possible from the right flipper it just takes practice

Rubbers - rubber choice is personal preference, there’s no right rubber. Personally I prefer titans or black rubber. The actual flippers again is a personal choice, I prefer to keep mine stock.

Replace the coil stops, they’re cheap and easy then honestly it sounds like you need practice to find the shots cleanly. Once you do the game has great flow and endless combos.

#11533 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

1) It's absolutely possible and very common to graze the captive ball and have the ball continue on in the Black Panther orbit. Black Panther isn't a ramp until it gets past the Flank Attack area, so the ball doesn't require much speed to get there. Set up video to record yourself playing and you'll see it's not defying physics.

2) Iron Man shot isn't always lit to hold the ball. Ball should be held when lit for lock or Hawkeye Challenge. Check the rules
http://tiltforums.com/t/avengers-infinity-quest-rulesheet/6740

3) Yes, the Gauntlet ramp was designed by Keith Elwin for it to be able to be made from all three flippers. It's a pretty creative shot design. He's a pretty good designer, contrary to your post in the GZ thread.

Quoted from BrokenChair:

I think Elwin is a great addition to stern but to me it appears his Ego needs a little bit of a check(from how he holds himself) cause I’m not a fan of his attitude from some interviews
I believe he just got real lucky with the initial success of Godzilla ;
but I feels over time the game will settle to its rightful place. But he seems a wee bit eh from what I’ve heard of him.
It doesn’t help that all the people that interview are fan boys that don’t help his ego in the right way…. Just treat the guy like a normal guy .

Quoted from BrokenChair:

I believe he just got real lucky with the initial success of Godzilla ;

Use whatever flippers you find that you like the best. Personal preferences vary on that.

#11534 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

1 - it’s just practice to get a clean shot there, if you’re early you’ll clip the captive ball and either fully reject or get a flank attack
2 - are you getting credit for the shot and the magnet isn’t activating or no credit for shot? You need to go into switch test and see, it could be a problem with it registering, activating or just the shot wasn’t quite accurate enough so not quite powerful enough
3 - yes you should be able to hit the gauntlet ramp from the right flipper, in my opinion it’s the hardest flipper to get it from and I’m more likely to shoot the center ramp and then gauntlet with the left flipper but it is possible from the right flipper it just takes practice
Rubbers - rubber choice is personal preference, there’s no right rubber. Personally I prefer titans or black rubber. The actual flippers again is a personal choice, I prefer to keep mine stock.
Replace the coil stops, they’re cheap and easy then honestly it sounds like you need practice to find the shots cleanly. Once you do the game has great flow and endless combos.

Excellent thank you so much that helps a ton

Quoted from EaglePin:

1) It's absolutely possible and very common to graze the captive ball and have the ball continue on in the Black Panther orbit. Black Panther isn't a ramp until it gets past the Flank Attack area, so the ball doesn't require much speed to get there. Set up video to record yourself playing and you'll see it's not defying physics.
2) Iron Man shot isn't always lit to hold the ball. Ball should be held when lit for lock or Hawkeye Challenge. Check the rules
http://tiltforums.com/t/avengers-infinity-quest-rulesheet/6740
3) Yes, the Gauntlet ramp was designed by Keith Elwin for it to be able to be made from all three flippers. It's a pretty creative shot design. He's a pretty good designer, contrary to your post in the GZ thread.

Use whatever flippers you find that you like the best. Personal preferences vary on that.

Thank you sir for the help much appreciated

On Elwin:
I just need more education on him; I deleted the comments I made on GZ

#11535 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Here’s my final update with the black widow issue changing coil stops and calling it a day ;
I’m tired I still think my games messed up; stupid halfway rejects again all day today from both flippers ; I can hit it 50% of time maybe that’s normal
I’m still having huge issues hitting the black widow ramp on the roll from the right flipper that has to be normal right ? it’s way easier to do trapped ; soo hard when it’s rolling always missed
on roll from left flipper is impossible trapped is possible but hard ;
I’ll do an update once I install and change the coil stops and sleeves …
I actually had 3 gems today and had my ultra high score of 400 million I was so happy to be able to battle thanos and loose but still made it to thanos !
We will see what this big deal about coil stops is about they are pricey

My machine sometimes gives rejects from the Widow ramp too. I'm pretty sure it's because the ball is jumping too high and hitting the roof of the ramp. I think the cause is that the ramp flap on the entrance is attached too tight so it's creased upwards a little bit. I haven't found a good fix for Widow ramp rejects. What I have found is that the rejects get better with time - it's better if I haven't cleaned in a while and the playfield is a bit slower - any time I clean and wax then I get reject problems again. Also a steeper slope seems to make these rejects less likely.

Widow should be hittable on the fly from the right flipper. It's a very early shot, higher up on the flipper than you think. Flipper alignment is very important for this; the right flipper being aligned even a tiny amount below the centering indicator will make this shot tough or impossible.

Did you reach Battle Thanos or Thanos Attacks? Thanos Attacks is an intermediate mode. Battle Thanos is the real ending; it requires attempting all six gem quests at least once, and reaching Battle Royale which means assembling all the avengers three times total.

Coil stops are cheap, usually around $5 each.

Quoted from BrokenChair:

The Iron Man tower will try to catch the ball with the magnet on every shot, no matter what is lit or not. If the magnet misses, either the ball didn't really make it all the way up, or it made it up too hard and bounced off the roof before the magnet could catch it. I don't know how to adjust anything here; my tower has always worked fine.

I tried super bands and I prefer stock rubber for AIQ. Mostly for the Captain Marvel ramp on the premium model; it seems like the ball needs a little bit of spin to grab the ramp wall and climb up, and the stock rubber will do that but a super band doesn't. I also think it's easier to do cradle separations with stock rubber, and that's something you do all the time in AIQ with the many multiballs.

#11536 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

My machine sometimes gives rejects from the Widow ramp too. I'm pretty sure it's because the ball is jumping too high and hitting the roof of the ramp. I think the cause is that the ramp flap on the entrance is attached too tight so it's creased upwards a little bit. I haven't found a good fix for Widow ramp rejects. What I have found is that the rejects get better with time - it's better if I haven't cleaned in a while and the playfield is a bit slower - any time I clean and wax then I get reject problems again. Also a steeper slope seems to make these rejects less likely.
Widow should be hittable on the fly from the right flipper. It's a very early shot, higher up on the flipper than you think. Flipper alignment is very important for this; the right flipper being aligned even a tiny amount below the centering indicator will make this shot tough or impossible.
Did you reach Battle Thanos or Thanos Attacks? Thanos Attacks is an intermediate mode. Battle Thanos is the real ending; it requires attempting all six gem quests at least once, and reaching Battle Royale which means assembling all the avengers three times total.
Coil stops are cheap, usually around $5 each.

The Iron Man tower will try to catch the ball with the magnet on every shot, no matter what is lit or not. If the magnet misses, either the ball didn't really make it all the way up, or it made it up too hard and bounced off the roof before the magnet could catch it. I don't know how to adjust anything here; my tower has always worked fine.
I tried super bands and I prefer stock rubber for AIQ. Mostly for the Captain Marvel ramp on the premium model; it seems like the ball needs a little bit of spin to grab the ramp wall and climb up, and the stock rubber will do that but a super band doesn't. I also think it's easier to do cradle separations with stock rubber, and that's something you do all the time in AIQ with the many multiballs.

Wow thanks so much for the great post I appreciate your input ; I’m not having rejects from the top plastic I’m having the ball just barely barley roll up when i shoot it with either flipper when I do make it up ;

Everyone on this forum tried everything with me they were simply all the best and I’m sorry your right the coil stops are cheap $5 ea; I’m confident that’s my problem .

As far as the tower yeah I think your analysis of it sounds right I must not be hitting it cleanly because sometimes it will register ball lock but not lock the magnet

And your correct I didn’t reach thanos i reached thanos attacks mode lol

#11537 1 year ago

Oh, if the ball just doesn't have enough power to make it up the Widow ramp, then yes that's the coil stop. What happens is that the center stud of the coil stop comes loose from the base plate, so the coil shaft strikes it too soon before finishing its full stroke.

Another issue with flippers, and particularly for AIQ's steep ramps, is flippers fading in power as the coil gets hot during a long play session. You may want a flipper fan cooling kit to help with that. I put one in on mine since the Marvel ramp tended to become unmakable after a while.

(Fun conspiracy theory: Elwin knew the game had problems with flippers overheating, so that's why the Soul Gem mode is limited flips, to make you give them some time to cool down!)

#11538 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Elwin knew the game had problems with flippers overheating, so that's why the Soul Gem mode is limited flips, to make you give them some time to cool down!)

It all makes sense now!

#11539 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

(Fun conspiracy theory: Elwin knew the game had problems with flippers overheating, so that's why the Soul Gem mode is limited flips, to make you give them some time to cool down!)

Quoted from Spiderpin:

It all makes sense now!

I hadn't heard that one before, but yes... it does make sense!

AIQ has the worst flipper fade I've experienced on any of my games, well, until I added flipper coil fans!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-pinball-flipper-coil-fans

#11540 1 year ago

About to pick up a Pro, anyone have a shaker motor on theirs? Pros / Cons?

#11541 1 year ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

About to pick up a Pro, anyone have a shaker motor on theirs? Pros / Cons?

It was my first mod and completely changed the game. I would consider it a must have. I couldn't imagine the game without it. It engages often in the game with all of the modes and multi balls. All Pros-No Cons IMHO. Buy it now!!!

#11542 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I hadn't heard that one before, but yes... it does make sense!
AIQ has the worst flipper fade I've experienced on any of my games, well, until I added flipper coil fans!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-pinball-flipper-coil-fans

Oddly, I don't feel much fade on my avengers even with several long games back to back. On my stranger things though it's horrible.

#11543 1 year ago

Just another option to consider for art blades -- I grabbed the set intended for Spider-Man and it works REALLY well, particularly on the left side since it meets up with buildings in the corner and the back wall. I'm tempted to get the space scene for the right side since there's not as much city art over there, but it still ties in well with the back wall and the background behind the team down by the flippers.

20230204_161149 (resized).jpg20230204_161149 (resized).jpg20230204_161156 (resized).jpg20230204_161156 (resized).jpg20230204_161208 (resized).jpg20230204_161208 (resized).jpg
20230204_161215 (resized).jpg20230204_161215 (resized).jpg

#11544 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Just another option to consider for art blades -- I grabbed the set intended for Spider-Man and it works REALLY well, particularly on the left side since it meets up with buildings in the corner and the back wall. I'm tempted to get the space scene for the right side since there's not as much city art over there, but it still ties in well with the back wall and the background behind the team down by the flippers.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

It's a little weird. The back board looks like it is night time, and the sides are day time. As long as you like it, cool.

#11545 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

It's a little weird. The back board looks like it is night time, and the sides are day time. As long as you like it, cool.

Back board never looked like night time to me, it's blue skies. Maybe just looks darker in these pics since the game was off (no light up under the lip there).

#11546 1 year ago

Is pinball life shaker motor work as good as stern they are sold out of sterns

#11547 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Is pinball life shaker motor work as good as stern they are sold out of sterns

I have not had any issues with mine, but I don't know if there is any difference between this one and the Stern version (besides the $20).

#11548 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Wow thanks so much for the great post I appreciate your input ; I’m not having rejects from the top plastic I’m having the ball just barely barley roll up when i shoot it with either flipper when I do make it up ;
Everyone on this forum tried everything with me they were simply all the best and I’m sorry your right the coil stops are cheap $5 ea; I’m confident that’s my problem .
As far as the tower yeah I think your analysis of it sounds right I must not be hitting it cleanly because sometimes it will register ball lock but not lock the magnet
And your correct I didn’t reach thanos i reached thanos attacks mode lol

Try setting your pitch so that the top of the bubble is touching the top line. I know one might think making it steeper will make it harder for your ball to make it up the Widow ramp, but actually all of the extra momentum & speed the ball gains as it comes down to your flippers transfers into harder velocity when you hit the ball. Worth a shot if you haven’t tried it yet.

#11549 1 year ago

What are you guys using for a keychain for the coindoor for AIQ? Anyone have any links to buy?

#11550 1 year ago

Can someone tell me what standard adjustment #58 does ?

It says “target game time”

can’t figure out for the life of me what it does …

Many thanks

My new coil stops come in so excited to install these

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

6,000 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

7,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/231 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.