04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 255.
#11251 1 year ago

These cling-on vinyl cabinet protectors from Titan almost seem like they were made for AIQ

0C007517-8C47-4EA1-857A-71E1B5845F15 (resized).jpeg0C007517-8C47-4EA1-857A-71E1B5845F15 (resized).jpeg
#11252 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Hello guys. Unfortunately, this is another auto plunger post. I’ve been having my machine since early 2021. It has about 4200 plays on it. I’ve never really had a problem with the auto plunger. In fact, it had about a 90 to 95% success rate. I am now noticing that the auto launch is much weaker. Yes, it doesn’t make it up the ramp. In fact, it’s now barely making it around to the pops. It seems very “soft” sounding. I have some video to show you. I picked up the play field and had a bunch of black dust on the shaker motor cover. Everything mechanically around the coil seems OK. Do I have a coil going out? Is that what the black dust is? I appreciate everyone’s input on this. Thanks.

In the slow-mo footage it looks like you have a rattle pretty quick out the gate. If your auto plunger forks are making even contact with the ball and your pin is level left to right…Then I would also look here to see if you can find the cause. That first rattle causes several other rattles further up the lane which will rob your plunge of power. The coil sleeve suggestion also is a good call.
FD268589-A166-4338-9D5B-F731CC3ADE68 (resized).jpegFD268589-A166-4338-9D5B-F731CC3ADE68 (resized).jpeg

#11253 1 year ago

Hi new to the club & excited to finally dive into this one! Is there a way to turn off that ‘cell phone message alert’ sound effect that plays every time u get any kind of achievement?! It’s seems out of place and is like someone’s phone keeps getting a message while I’m playing. Thanks for any help

#11254 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Hi new to the club & excited to finally dive into this one! Is there a way to turn off that ‘cell phone message alert’ sound effect that plays every time u get any kind of achievement?! It’s seems out of place and is like someone’s phone keeps getting a message while I’m playing. Thanks for any help

I know what you mean... my advice, get the achievements and they stop... Then when the more difficult ones occur, it is a "happy" distraction.

#11255 1 year ago
Quoted from Maniac227:

I would check that the coil sleeve is in good shape and replace if its worn.
And if the coil stop and plunger are mushroomed they might be grabbing in the sleeve as well and need to be replaced.

Ahhhhh….that makes sense. Any chance that you would know the specific part numbers for the sleeve, coil stop, and the plunger?

#11256 1 year ago
Quoted from Yodamtu44:

I know what you mean... my advice, get the achievements and they stop... Then when the more difficult ones occur, it is a "happy" distraction.

Gotcha thanks for clarifying, yea it pops up a lot ‘highest this…highest that’, and the sound sticks out like a sore thumb.
Would be great if someone could replace it for the sound of Thor summoning Mjolnir!

#11257 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Ahhhhh….that makes sense. Any chance that you would know the specific part numbers for the sleeve, coil stop, and the plunger?

Page 43 here: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/AvengersInfinity_LE_Pre_web.pdf

#11258 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

These cling-on vinyl cabinet protectors from Titan almost seem like they were made for AIQ
[quoted image]

thanks for the fallout, I need a few of these

#11259 1 year ago

All I want for Christmas is an update with some Adam Warlock content (he is on the playfield after all) , maybe incorporate into the gem mania mode? Any other ideas??

#11260 1 year ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

All I want for Christmas is an update with some Adam Warlock content (he is on the playfield after all) , maybe incorporate into the gem mania mode? Any other ideas??

IP licensing Krampus says no

#11261 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

IP licensing Krampus says no

To me, if they’re going to continue to produce the game with Adam on it, there should be no reason they couldn’t include some content of some sort…

#11262 1 year ago

I'm still a new owner but it seems that this pin gets dirty faster than my others. I have GZ, Mando and TMNT. Am I just seeing things or is this common?

#11263 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I'm still a new owner but it seems that this pin gets dirty faster than my others. I have GZ, Mando and TMNT. Am I just seeing things or is this common?

Mine seems to be the same as my others. Haven’t noticed any big difference between them and I have regular rubber on all of them.

#11264 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Could travel dirt a bit more if premium due to subway, depending on cleaning regiment? Not sure what Mando and TMNT have in that respect.

#11265 1 year ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

To me, if they’re going to continue to produce the game with Adam on it, there should be no reason they couldn’t include some content of some sort…

I’ve said this before here, and it’s just an opinion, but I think we are supposed to be Adam Warlock leading our team against Thanos and the Black Order, it fits the comic book storyline. Thankfully there are no JJP-style player selfies counting as Adam Warlock content...

#11266 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Could travel dirt a bit more if premium due to subway, depending on cleaning regiment? Not sure what Mando and TMNT have in that respect.

I put down a huge cleaning tonight and I shall see.

#11267 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I think it just shows the dirt more due to colors, the right inlane for example, the ball trail goes right over a white part of the art

#11268 1 year ago

Will someone help me obtain an SD card with the premium AIQ movie code?
My buddy asked me to help get this.
He's willing to pay you to make a card and ship it to him.

#11269 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

I’ve said this before here, and it’s just an opinion, but I think we are supposed to be Adam Warlock leading our team against Thanos and the Black Order, it fits the comic book storyline. Thankfully there are no JJP-style player selfies counting as Adam Warlock content...

That’s a cool concept! Sorry I must have missed it before. That really does make sense because the callouts indicate the player is an actual Avenger being treated like just one of the Team. Either way, it would still be nice to get at least one animation featuring him. I guess I’ll go with your theory though because it probably won’t ever happen….

#11270 1 year ago
Quoted from Jeffreyjonesbsme:

Will someone help me obtain an SD card with the premium AIQ movie code?
My buddy asked me to help get this.
He's willing to pay you to make a card and ship it to him.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/209#post-7013850

#11271 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

My AIQ noticeably gets dirtier way faster than my Star Wars. I think the worst of it comes from harsh impacts to the upper flipper rubber from below, where there's no post protecting it like on the other games. There's noticeably worn spots on that rubber after only about 5-10 hours of gameplay.

#11272 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

My AIQ noticeably gets dirtier way faster than my Star Wars. I think the worst of it comes from harsh impacts to the upper flipper rubber from below, where there's no post protecting it like on the other games. There's noticeably worn spots on that rubber after only about 5-10 hours of gameplay.

I ended up going with a Superband for the upper flipper rubber and it has now lasted thousands of games.

#11273 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:New premium owner here and have read most of this forum. I was interested in trying the mirror mod for the stepper subway. Looked underneath and boy does it look like a pain to pull out. Is there a trick to removing it or is it as involved as it seems. Looks like a bunch of connectors need to be disconnected and lots of screws removed to pull the mech, solenoid and trough out.

Just thought I’d share my experience with this. When I got this machine, the first mod I knew I really wanted to do was mirror mod. Super nervous about it. Turns out it was not bad at all! I was able to remove screws and leave it suspended while just removing the white inner section to work on. Didn’t want to lose the sticker so was able to trim it and reposition in the bottom so the reflection is exactly where the sticker originally was. Also didn’t put mirror around the turn because is unneeded as only holds 2 balls. Lastly, used the remaining mirror pieces to cover Thanos by Pym building to create a mirror blade effect as it always annoyed me that he was split and is already plastered all over the Premium. In the end, super happy with the results!
072AACA9-33AF-474F-BEE8-877FF12B505C (resized).jpeg072AACA9-33AF-474F-BEE8-877FF12B505C (resized).jpeg
59857B61-6ADF-4942-96E2-CE0089ACBAFA (resized).jpeg59857B61-6ADF-4942-96E2-CE0089ACBAFA (resized).jpegE7505320-6633-49AE-A4BC-A2698CA0A7C3 (resized).jpegE7505320-6633-49AE-A4BC-A2698CA0A7C3 (resized).jpegDDC91F88-EFE9-49BF-89CF-23B255D11E58 (resized).jpegDDC91F88-EFE9-49BF-89CF-23B255D11E58 (resized).jpeg75330E37-EDBC-455E-980D-BD26E58621C8 (resized).jpeg75330E37-EDBC-455E-980D-BD26E58621C8 (resized).jpeg

#11274 1 year ago

Hello fellows,

Just got a premium and this machine is so badass shooting wise. Had a question. Does anyone make a alternative translite for this machine?

Thanks and Happy New Year!

#11275 1 year ago

I have a rules question,

On the premium it seems like lighting STRANGE opens the disc and would lock you out of collecting more portal locks before starting a gem quest is this correct? Can you qualify and lock portal locks while the strange disc is up?

And then in turn on the pro since you start a gem quest by hitting the gauntlet ramp instead of the subway but lock balls virtually can you qualify and lock portals after a quest has been qualified?

#11276 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I have a rules question,
On the premium it seems like lighting STRANGE opens the disc and would lock you out of collecting more portal locks before starting a gem quest is this correct? Can you qualify and lock portal locks while the strange disc is up?
And then in turn on the pro since you start a gem quest by hitting the gauntlet ramp instead of the subway but lock balls virtually can you qualify and lock portals after a quest has been qualified?

On the premium, if portal lock is qualified after the portal is open, the next portal shot will portal lock the ball instead. Portal stays up and next portal shot starts mode.

Added 15 months ago:

Edit- I had that wrong, see below.

#11277 1 year ago

Hey all Happy New Year! I hope every Is enjoying the holidays and their AIQ.
So for the holidays I got a shaker motor and I installed it and it seems to be working. My one question is there any way to adjust how strong it runs for certain actions? I love the like low rumble it does right before the gem quests but Thor hits feel a bit weird I think.

#11278 1 year ago

There's only a setting for usage in the menu. Set it to max.

#11279 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

On the premium, if portal lock is qualified after the portal is open, the next portal shot will portal lock the ball instead. Portal stays up and next portal shot starts mode.

I believe that when the disc raises to start a quest, if you qualify a portal lock in the meantime (eg from Hawkeye challenge, or combos) then the next shot to the portal will award the lock AND start the quest. The disc will remain raised if you have two portal locks stacked, each one requiring its own shot.

My machine’s subway is set to “pass through” but I don’t think this makes a difference to game play in this instance.

#11280 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

Nice thanks for the clarification

I guess its might just be easier on the pro since hitting the ramp is less likely to happen accidently than falling into the portal.

#11281 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Hello fellows,
Just got a premium and this machine is so badass shooting wise. Had a question. Does anyone make a alternative translite for this machine?
Thanks and Happy New Year!

I got a Pro translite for my premium. I like that one better since it shows the Avengers more instead of being 90% Thanos. That's an option if you don't find alternatives (I don't know of any.)

Quoted from Eightball88:

I believe that when the disc raises to start a quest, if you qualify a portal lock in the meantime (eg from Hawkeye challenge, or combos) then the next shot to the portal will award the lock AND start the quest. The disc will remain raised if you have two portal locks stacked, each one requiring its own shot.
My machine’s subway is set to “pass through” but I don’t think this makes a difference to game play in this instance.

This is correct.

On the Premium, once a quest is ready by spelling Strange, you can then qualify ONE more portal lock (from any method - combos, grid, Hawkeye challenge, secret skill shot), and the next shot into the portal will both lock the portal ball and start the quest. (You won't be able to add TWO portal locks because the first one will start the quest. If you lit a second portal lock, it will wait until after this quest finishes and become available for the following one.)

On the Pro, you can continue to light any number of portal locks, and lock up to two of them by spinning the disc again, before you shoot the right ramp to start the quest.

#11282 1 year ago

So my topper purple gem is out virtually the entire game. But it works in test mode and sometimes I’ll see it flash, like during end of ball sequences and such. Anyone have an idea why this might be?

#11283 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

This is correct.
On the Premium, once a quest is ready by spelling Strange, you can then qualify ONE more portal lock (from any method - combos, grid, Hawkeye challenge, secret skill shot), and the next shot into the portal will both lock the portal ball and start the quest. (You won't be able to add TWO portal locks because the first one will start the quest. If you lit a second portal lock, it will wait until after this quest finishes and become available for the following one.)

Thanks for clarifying, I was wondering whether you could sneak 2 portal locks in after raising the disc.

Often I will get the 1st Hawkeye challenge with the disc raised….I wish the code allowed a shot into the portal to count in that scenario. Actually, I’m hoping we see at least one more non- IC code update for this game but I’m not holding my breath

#11284 1 year ago

Backhand Capt Marvel ramp (from cradle) success.

I agree with the idea that backhanding the captain Marvel ramp was probably not intended. As I posted before, this is a difficult shot, and in my experience, only with precision flippers. This is not to sell precision flippers, but to show how they can help with poor flipper performance.

My son heard about this and was really curious. He made the shot after about four attempts. He also made it about five other times so it is repeatable for some players.

Cheers!

#11285 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So my topper purple gem is out virtually the entire game. But it works in test mode and sometimes I’ll see it flash, like during end of ball sequences and such. Anyone have an idea why this might be?

The Purple Gem on your topper is most likely working as intended. The gem lights are only lit up during game play for the gems you have collected. This is a progressive mode and is saved game after game like Black Knight 2000 spelling R-A-N-S-O-M or Alpine Climb and the climber advancing up the mountain. Once you collect all the gems your machine will start the Gem Mania mode (or a randomly named mode but is still Gem Mania mode rules). This used to be a topper only feature but is now included with Insider Connected machines. So if you want to see the mode go for the Purple Gem. The mode should start as soon as you collect the gem. Once the more over all the gems on your topper will be unlit again unlit you collect them again. Currently I need to collect the Soul Gem to start Gem Mania.

http://tiltforums.com/t/avengers-infinity-quest-rulesheet/6740#heading--gemmania

#11286 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

I agree with the idea that backhanding the captain Marvel ramp was probably not intended. As I posted before, this is a difficult shot, and in my experience, only with precision flippers. This is not to sell precision flippers, but to show how they can help with poor flipper performance.
My son heard about this and was really curious. He made the shot after about four attempts. He also made it about five other times so it is repeatable for some players.
Cheers!

Nicely done!

#11287 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

The Purple Gem on your topper is most likely working as intended. The gem lights are only lit up during game play for the gems you have collected. This is a progressive mode and is saved game after game like Black Knight 2000 spelling R-A-N-S-O-M or Alpine Climb and the climber advancing up the mountain. Once you collect all the gems your machine will start the Gem Mania mode (or a randomly named mode but is still Gem Mania mode rules). This used to be a topper only feature but is now included with Insider Connected machines. So if you want to see the mode go for the Purple Gem. The mode should start as soon as you collect the gem. Once the more over all the gems on your topper will be unlit again unlit you collect them again. Currently I need to collect the Soul Gem to start Gem Mania.
http://tiltforums.com/t/avengers-infinity-quest-rulesheet/6740#heading--gemmania

Wow! Excellent write up. And thank you.

#11288 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Cheers!

Nice! Was flipper power set at default?

#11289 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Nice! Was flipper power set at default?

Yes

#11290 1 year ago

Is Spiders the only movie code out there , or did someone else make up a version?

#11291 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Is Spiders the only movie code out there , or did someone else make up a version?

AFAIK it’s the only one

#11292 1 year ago

I just started egg lunacy but I don't have a topper. Is this a bug in the latest code or did they mean to unlock it for everyone?

#11293 1 year ago
Quoted from AiriusTorpora:

I just started egg lunacy but I don't have a topper. Is this a bug in the latest code or did they mean to unlock it for everyone?

It was unlocked for everyone in one of the last updates. It’s in the read me file.

#11294 1 year ago
Quoted from AiriusTorpora:

I believe it is specifically unlocked when you are logged in to Insider Connected.

#11295 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I believe it is specifically unlocked when you are logged in to Insider Connected.

Ok that makes sense... i did not read the readme because my insider connected did an auto code update. It happened during the middle of an iron man multiball while I was also fighting black dwarf, and I was very confused

#11296 1 year ago

Right. Gem Mania (or all the random synonym names for it) is started like this: Collect all six gems across multiple plays. This is tracked across games by either the topper if installed on that machine, or by your Insider account if logged in with machine code 1.05 or later.

Once qualified, Gem Mania becomes the next award on one of the computer grid lines. Collect that grid line to actually start it. That might not happen for quite a while after you actually collected the sixth gem, and might happen during an already-crazy multiball. So that's why it's confusing that everybody doesn't know what they did to start it.

#11297 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Right. Gem Mania (or all the random synonym names for it) is started like this: Collect all six gems across multiple plays. This is tracked across games by either the topper if installed on that machine, or by your Insider account if logged in with machine code 1.05 or later.

Once qualified, Gem Mania becomes the next award on one of the computer grid lines. Collect that grid line to actually start it. That might not happen for quite a while after you actually collected the sixth gem, and might happen during an already-crazy multiball. So that's why it's confusing that everybody doesn't know what they did to start it.

Hmm.. So it works the same as the topper by collecting each individual Gem still across multiple games? I didn't realise that it was tracking that progress for me, I just thought that Insider Connected basically added it as a Computer Grid award. It would be nice if maybe the screen showed something subtle about game-to-game progress on Gem collection. Or maybe it does and I just haven't noticed.

#11298 1 year ago

According to the read me, Gem Mania replaced the 10 mil grid award. I don't know that it is tracking gems across games.

- Insider Connected - adding Insider Connected ability to start 'Gem Mania" if you are logged in
- Insider Connected - 'Gem Mania' award will take the place of 10M Points award in the computer grid

#11299 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

According to the read me, Gem Mania replaced the 10 mil grid award. I don't know that it is tracking gems across games.
- Insider Connected - adding Insider Connected ability to start 'Gem Mania" if you are logged in
- Insider Connected - 'Gem Mania' award will take the place of 10M Points award in the computer grid

Hmm, I always assumed that this was a carrot to purchase Insider Connected but maybe the ability to track across games is why the code was just added to the insider connected version of the code and not to all versions.

#11300 1 year ago
Quoted from marcd:

I might have figured out a way to repair the Magnetic Angle Sensor board.
Seems that the magnet spinning on the sensor board desoldered the Magnetic Sensor IC (labeled U2 on the board. See red arrow on the picture). I could not find the desoldered IC in the bottom of my cab so I do not know the exact part number for it.
If someone has an old sensor board that has been replaced can help me identify the part by looking at the number on the chip on your old board, then I could try to fix mine.
Hope someone can help !
[quoted image]

I'm trying to find the same chip... Only been looking about 5 mins or so, but I have a feeling it's going to be one of those "WTF IS THIS!!!!" ICs. If anyone knows off the top of their head or this has already been answered and I missed it... I'd really like to know since I'm going to want to keep several of these in stock because of how this run of machines is behaving.

IMG_20230103_162830233_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230103_162830233_HDR (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Scranton, PA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/226 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.