IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 256.
#11051 1 year ago

This,s

IMG_20221107_033943 (resized).jpgIMG_20221107_033943 (resized).jpg
#11052 1 year ago

Am I left to reaching out to distributor or Stern for getting a pre-IC Pro apron decal? I moved the IC QR reader to the coin door. Plan on printing custom apron cards below but curious about the decal itself.

7BA6F6F5-ABD0-43C5-8932-53925343CFC1 (resized).jpeg7BA6F6F5-ABD0-43C5-8932-53925343CFC1 (resized).jpeg
#11053 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Sorry, I was referring to the titan blue rubbers of the posts and flippers

Sorry my bad…Here you go:

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

The competition standard silicone flipper rings are the way to go as well, but if you are paying for overseas shipping I would buy the full set for AIQ and and then some extras. I love the glow in the dark on my Godzilla, South Park, Last Action Hero. You can view game kits people have built and modify them to your liking. Their pinballs are also in most of my games.
12A6D297-13EC-4B94-94A6-76D7A7AD7C15 (resized).png12A6D297-13EC-4B94-94A6-76D7A7AD7C15 (resized).png

#11054 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Sorry my bad…Here you go:
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52
The competition standard silicone flipper rings are the way to go as well, but if you are paying for overseas shipping I would buy the full set for AIQ and and then some extras. I love the glow in the dark on my Godzilla, South Park, Last Action Hero. You can view game kits people have built and modify them to your liking. Their pinballs are also in most of my games.
[quoted image]

Ok thanks!!!

#11055 1 year ago

Just a warning on titans, if you ever want to swap out your flippers for the precision pinball system (which I highly recommend you do) the non low bounce titans create a ton of ball movement in AIQ. Side spins, bounces up into the slings and lack of ability to do micro movements like tap passes are what you should expect.

I ended up switching back to OEM rubber and cranking the flipper power way down and now it's perfect. Now, I'm just stuck with about a half dozen pairs of regular titans that I'll probably never use.

#11056 1 year ago

Any mods that you would recommend that help gameplay on the Pro version? Enjoying the game after 2 days of gameplay.

#11057 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Am I left to reaching out to distributor or Stern for getting a pre-IC Pro apron decal?

Good luck with that. I'm trying to get the pre-IC apron plastic for AIQprem for months now and no news from distributor, and Stern told me "no" to my 2 emails attempts...

Hope someone make a replacement in the future...

#11058 1 year ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Good luck with that. I'm trying to get the pre-IC apron plastic for AIQprem for months now and no news from distributor, and Stern told me "no" to my 2 emails attempts...
Hope someone make a replacement in the future...

I can supply these if there is enough interest.

Supplied, Deadpool and tmnt plastics moving onto Mando next.

#11059 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I can supply these if there is enough interest.
Supplied, Deadpool and tmnt plastics moving onto Mando next.

Great, I'm sure if you do it you'll make some people happy. How's you other plastic looking? Do they use the same art as originals or you use other art?

#11060 1 year ago

Anyone got a defective Magnet Sensor board they want to sell ? I want to give it a shot a fixing it.

#11061 1 year ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:Any mods that you would recommend that help gameplay on the Pro version? Enjoying the game after 2 days of gameplay.

The shaker motor is the best mod for pro or prem IMO. It is very well done, adds a lot to gameplay and gives definition to the different gem quests, multi balls, Battles… would also recommend waxing regularly, this game seems to need it to keep the ball flowing well

#11062 1 year ago

Hadn't played AIQ in a couple weeks and first game back, surprisingly got my best Iron Man multiball score!

IMG_3416 (resized).JPGIMG_3416 (resized).JPG
#11063 1 year ago

Thank you for the post. I already put the shaker motor in just playing it and having fun now.

#11064 1 year ago

After over a year of having this machine (and loving it sooo much), I finally purchased the Captain Marvel ramp fix.

Curious though, for those who have previously purchased it, do you find that it makes much of a difference. Anyone who installed it, then later removed it for any reason?

#11065 1 year ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

After over a year of having this machine (and loving it sooo much), I finally purchased the Captain Marvel ramp fix.
Curious though, for those who have previously purchased it, do you find that it makes much of a difference. Anyone who installed it, then later removed it for any reason?

Haven’t removed it, but the next time you play AIQ in the wild w/o the fix, you will caught agape by the ball falling out the side... I do think it helps and you will appreciate it.

Of course it also keeps you focused on a level and well pitched machine to make sure rejects feed a flipper, not SDTM.

#11066 1 year ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

I don’t have it and have just come to accept it as part of the game. To me, SDTM’s are worse. I’ve also come to accept the auto launch rattling as part of the game too. Only happens once in a while…

#11067 1 year ago

I have been having trouble with my plunger auto-launcher reliably getting all the way around. I have upgraded my coil and plunger spring per this thread. However it is still not working every time in game. For note, I have the coil strength at 255, it doesn't seem better at lower values. However, the weird part is that it does work 100% of the time if I do coil test just not in game always.

Does this game vary the launch strength based on game conditions? Like maybe sometime it wants it in the pops. It just seems like sometimes it just doesn't launch it as hard as other times.

#11068 1 year ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

I have been having trouble with my plunger auto-launcher reliably getting all the way around. I have upgraded my coil and plunger spring per this thread. However it is still not working every time in game. For note, I have the coil strength at 255, it doesn't seem better at lower values. However, the weird part is that it does work 100% of the time if I do coil test just not in game always.
Does this game vary the launch strength based on game conditions? Like maybe sometime it wants it in the pops. It just seems like sometimes it just doesn't launch it as hard as other times.

I'm having the same issue. Auto plunger worked about 90% and has been slowly dropping to almost 0 now.

I ordered the stronger coil and spring hoping for an improvement, but your report has me discouraged...

I Took slo-mo videos, shimmed the shooter lane ramp, couldn't get any improvement. Game and shooter lane are clean. Forks are lined up. I've tried every power setting. I'm pulling my hair out with this damn auto-launch!

#11069 1 year ago

Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

I'm having the same issue. Auto plunger worked about 90% and has been slowly dropping to almost 0 now.
I ordered the stronger coil and spring hoping for an improvement, but your report has me discouraged...
I Took slo-mo videos, shimmed the shooter lane ramp, couldn't get any improvement. Game and shooter lane are clean. Forks are lined up. I've tried every power setting. I'm pulling my hair out with this damn auto-launch!

I have over 3000 plays on my AIQ Premium since I did the coil and spring fix and it works nearly 100% of the time even during very long games.

Double check your alignment of both the shooter rod and the auto plunge "fingers". The fingers need to hit the ball evenly. You can set a ball in the shooter lane with power off or coin door open to see what they look like.

#11070 1 year ago

Ultra mega super secret skill shot

EABD7841-27C8-4F91-93BE-54D5E7B18BF7 (resized).jpegEABD7841-27C8-4F91-93BE-54D5E7B18BF7 (resized).jpeg
#11071 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I have over 3000 plays on my AIQ Premium since I did the coil and spring fix and it works nearly 100% of the time even during very long games.
Double check your alignment of both the shooter rod and the auto plunge "fingers". The fingers need to hit the ball evenly. You can set a ball in the shooter lane with power off or coin door open to see what they look like.

My problem is that it is super intermittent. Sometime it is too strong, some times too weak, sometimes it rattles. Ironically every time I try to film it, it seems to work perfectly. Today it has been working great so I don't know.

I would still recommend the stronger coil, as this has definitely been an improvement but mine just seem fickle.

#11072 1 year ago

My problem is that it is super intermittent. Sometime it is too strong, some times too weak, sometimes it rattles. Ironically every time I try to film it, it seems to work perfectly. Today it has been working great so I don't know.
I would still recommend the stronger coil, as this has definitely been an improvement but mine just seem fickle.

Get a good look at the auto plunge finger assembly. how the ball sits in it, but also sometimes it can shift a little side to side which may cause the inconsistency. Some have added washers to where it mounts on the rod to take up slop, but you can also kind of bend the base further apart to take up the slop where it mounts.

It can definitely be frustrating when it's not launching properly.

#11073 1 year ago

Launch doesn't vary strength in the game. Should be the same every time. If there are times it's just a weaker launch (the strength of the push is weaker and it's not being caused by alignment, ball rattling when it enters the orbit), then you might have a loose connection somewhere.

Back a few years ago on my JP I would start a game and the auto launch would be fine, but then as the game went on the strength of it would get progressively weaker. I pushed and jiggled every connection from the coil to the board and it was fine for about a week, and then it started doing the same thing again. So I pushed and jiggled every connection again and it's been perfect ever since. I'm not sure if this is similar to what you're experiencing, but if it is then it might be worth a try to push a bit on all the connections when it flares up.

#11074 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Get a good look at the auto plunge finger assembly. how the ball sits in it, but also sometimes it can shift a little side to side which may cause the inconsistency. Some have added washers to where it mounts on the rod to take up slop, but you can also kind of bend the base further apart to take up the slop where it mounts.
It can definitely be frustrating when it's not launching properly.

So it seems to sit very even between the two prongs of the autolauncher. Note that I am not having an issue with the manual plunge. That works fine.

IMG_20221110_164155562 (resized).jpgIMG_20221110_164155562 (resized).jpg

However, to your suggestion about slop, the mechanism is quite loose. This seems to make sense given the erratic behavior. I am thinking the washer fix may work for me.

#11075 1 year ago
Quoted from killerrobots:So it seems to sit very even between the two prongs of the autolauncher. Note that I am not having an issue with the manual plunge. That works fine.
[quoted image]
However, to your suggestion about slop, the mechanism is quite loose. This seems to make sense given the erratic behavior. I am thinking the washer fix may work for me.

Let me know how your washer fix goes and what process you are doing, I'd like to see. I'll post my results as well when the new coil and spring gets here.

Thanks!

#11076 1 year ago

So I have been playing around with the launcher mechanism itself and think I found a fix. The pivot is a weird design IMO as it is only supported on one side and is free to flex in the middle.

IMG_20221110_171004111 (resized).jpgIMG_20221110_171004111 (resized).jpg

I tried a couple of things but there was no easy way to internally add washers. What I ended up doing was simply adding a #6 bolt and spacer to the bracket to keep it from flexing.

IMG_20221111_093506037 (resized).jpgIMG_20221111_093506037 (resized).jpg

So far this has worked well and in test it is working 100% of the time. I even needed to turn down the power to 225. I will play a bunch today and see how it goes.

One note of caution is that the location of the spacer I added interferes with the plunger when putting the playfield back down so you need to pull the plunger back. There might be a better position for the spacer to avoid this.

#11077 1 year ago

What’s everyone’s top Strange disc RPM? I feel like this is a more fun value to universally compare vs. scores which can be more dependent on settings, etc.

I set a new one at 1471 tonight. All that talk of even playing field aside, I did recently install John’s precision pinball disc.

#11078 1 year ago

1300 and change... but I think that number isn't accurate. I think that only happens when the sensor registers phantom hits inaccurately. 1300 RPM is over 20 spins per second, and I don't think it's going quite THAT fast (though maybe with the disc mod.) I often see up to about 900, and a rare fluke of 1200-plus, but nothing in between, so I think the latter is a false reading.

#11079 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

What’s everyone’s top Strange disc RPM? I feel like this is a more fun value to universally compare vs. scores which can be more dependent on settings, etc.
I set a new one at 1471 tonight. All that talk of even playing field aside, I did recently install John’s precision pinball disc.

I've had John's Disc installed for over a year and surprisingly I set my RPM record on the factory Disc and haven't beat it yet... I've come close a few times, but my best is 1485 RPM.

IMG_0865 (resized).JPGIMG_0865 (resized).JPG
#11080 1 year ago

Hey all- finally learning the deeper rules sets and started working on Mind gen basic strategy etc. Question does Marvel not yield an EB like on Premium? I printed the cards by Allen but don’t see that EB in adjustments. (So only 5EBs available on Pro?)

#11081 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Hey all- finally learning the deeper rules sets and started working on Mind gen basic strategy etc. Question does Marvel not yield an EB like on Premium? I printed the cards by Allen but don’t see that EB in adjustments. (So only 5EBs available on Pro?)

Never mind I reviewed rules. Damn 1500 spins seems like a lot!

Extra balls can be qualified at the Sanctum target through these methods:

3 completions of the Bullseye targets
2 waves of Super Targets
8 Trophies
2nd Hawkeye Challenge
Late-game Computer Grid Award
Captain Marvel: 50 ramps / 1500 spins
50 combos

#11082 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Extra balls can be qualified at the Sanctum target through these methods:
3 completions of the Bullseye targets
2 waves of Super Targets
8 Trophies
2nd Hawkeye Challenge
Late-game Computer Grid Award
50 combos

I beleive the RPMs also depend on how close the magnet is to the magnetometer sensor. I remember having mine perilously close when I set a 1470 record. When I switched to using a credit card to set the gap, I rarely get over 600-700 even with the precision disc and bearing holder.

#11083 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I beleive the RPMs also depend on how close the magnet is to the magnetometer sensor. I remember having mine perilously close when I set a 1470 record. When I switched to using a credit card to set the gap, I rarely get over 600-700 even with the precision disc and bearing holder.

I think Stern said 1/16” gap? I gapped mine close to that, eyeballed vs. used a feeler gauge, and in the test menu was getting low #s. I moved it as close as I could w/o touching and if I continuously rotate and hit Start in test there’s some positions that read as low as the 20s still. Most read in the 500s. Seems to work fine in the game.

#11084 1 year ago

I need some help. I have a premium and the ball gets stuck on the tower magnet about 75% if the time and I have to nudge or flip to get it to drop. I installed all new balls which didn't help. Anyone else having this issue?

#11085 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I need some help. I have a premium and the ball gets stuck on the tower magnet about 75% if the time and I have to nudge or flip to get it to drop. I installed all new balls which didn't help. Anyone else having this issue?

Check magnet for a sticky plastic piece (like a thicker mylar) that might have rolled up and is grabbing the ball. I removed that protector from mine completely.

#11086 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Check magnet for a sticky plastic piece (like a thicker mylar) that might have rolled up and is grabbing the ball. I removed that protector from mine completely.

I'll check this out. Sounds promising. I thought the balls were just magnetized but it has to be something else.

#11087 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

That's out of date, newer code also has an EB at 12 ramps / 360 spins. (For all the Marvel awards, 1 shot on the premium = 30 spins on the Pro.)

Quoted from Deez:

Try reseating all the connectors to that node board, that sometimes helps with problems there.

Quoted from bigguybbr:

Yeah, this means the high numbers aren't actually measuring the disc's physical speed, it's phantom readings. 600 rpm is 10 spins per second which is about what it's actually doing. 1470 per minute would be over 24 spins per second and there's no way it's going THAT fast.

#11088 1 year ago
That's out of date, newer code also has an EB at 12 ramps / 360 spins. (For all the Marvel awards, 1 shot on the premium = 30 spins on the Pro.)

Ahhh thank you. I have the code installed so prob can’t get this unless I switch back. Maybe one of these days.

#11089 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Try reseating all the connectors to that node board, that sometimes helps with problems there.

Yeah, this means the high numbers aren't actually measuring the disc's physical speed, it's phantom readings. 600 rpm is 10 spins per second which is about what it's actually doing. 1470 per minute would be over 24 spins per second and there's no way it's going THAT fast.

It's probably just a reference type gauge to keep track of good fun. That disc is not spinning that fast. That's close to low dremel speeds.

#11090 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Which bode board do you know?

#11091 1 year ago

I don't know personally, I've never had to do anything with mine. Just repeating what I've heard in this thread from earlier.

#11092 1 year ago

Can someone with an PREM or LE machine post a playfield-level photo of the antman area? I need a good photo of where the wireform ramp attaches to the plastics 16 assembly just to the right of the mystery inlay. I screwed up and didn't check my pre-disassembly photo to make sure it was good before proceeding and I'm stuck now.

I'm pretty sure got something wrong, so I figure it's time to ask for help before I'm replacing parts.

- CM

Edit: looks like PRO has same layout so that would prob help too.

#11093 1 year ago
Quoted from SpinnerCM:

Can someone with an PREM or LE machine post a playfield-level photo of the antman area? I need a good photo of where the wireform ramp attaches to the plastics 16 assembly just to the right of the mystery inlay. I screwed up and didn't check my pre-disassembly photo to make sure it was good before proceeding and I'm stuck now.
I'm pretty sure got something wrong, so I figure it's time to ask for help before I'm replacing parts.
- CM
Edit: looks like PRO has same layout so that would prob help too.

Not sure if this is going to show what you need or not, but here's a picture I just took of mine. Also, if it helps, the assembly for Plastic #16 is on Page 51 of the manual online.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/AvengersInfinity_LE_Pre_web.pdf

905BDEAA-B780-48BA-94BC-BD7669F0CFF0 (resized).jpeg905BDEAA-B780-48BA-94BC-BD7669F0CFF0 (resized).jpeg
#11094 1 year ago

So I have been playing around with the launcher mechanism itself and think I found a fix. The pivot is a weird design IMO as it is only supported on one side and is free to flex in the middle.
[quoted image]

I tried a couple of things but there was no easy way to internally add washers. What I ended up doing was simply adding a #6 bolt and spacer to the bracket to keep it from flexing.
[quoted image]
So far this has worked well and in test it is working 100% of the time. I even needed to turn down the power to 225. I will play a bunch today and see how it goes.
One note of caution is that the location of the spacer I added interferes with the plunger when putting the playfield back down so you need to pull the plunger back. There might be a better position for the spacer to avoid this.

I upgraded to the bigger 700 coil and red plunger spring last week. The manual plunge is much better now, but the auto plunge showed almost zero improvement.

I'm going to try reinforcing the auto plunge fork and see if that helps. I sure hope so, I love this game but the auto plunge issue is taking all my playing time away!

#11095 1 year ago

Anyone else having problems with ball’s getting stuck under the top jet bumper?

There is a huge unguarded gap between the jet bumper and the ball guide that is the inside edge of the orbit. The ball can wedge itself basically behind the jet bumper. The gap screams to be blocked by a post like the right side bumper has.

Anyone else seeing this pattern?

076F324F-240C-41DB-A3F8-C31F84DB41B5 (resized).jpeg076F324F-240C-41DB-A3F8-C31F84DB41B5 (resized).jpeg
#11096 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

There is a huge unguarded gap between the jet bumper and the ball guide that is the inside edge of the orbit. The ball can wedge itself basically behind the jet bumper. The gap screams to be blocked by a post like the right side bumper has.
Anyone else seeing this pattern?[quoted image]

Yes, known issue early on. Some put a cabinet rubber bumper in there, I just bent the metal guide with my fingers, a little closer to the pop bumper.

#11097 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Anyone else seeing this pattern?

Ive had that issue about 5 times, the entire time Ive owned the machine. The first two times it got wedged, I had to pull the glass to remove it so I kinda bent that guide in a bit and a ball search always seems to clear it out since then. I told myself I'd add a star post back there IF it continued to get wedged and stuck again. But so far this hasn't been necessary.

#11098 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yes, known issue early on. Some put a cabinet rubber bumper in there, I just bent the metal guide with my fingers, a little closer to the pop bumper.

I'm thinking jet bumper sensitivity is part of it too... because we've had a pro and premium since the launch and this problem is only starting recently. I figure if the jet bumper is lazy, balls have a better shot at getting in there.

Considered adding something mounted to the plastic.. but I think that will take too much abuse. Sticky to the ball guide I worry about staying in place. The guide looked a bit thick for bending... but I can see the point. Did you bend the top or bottom half? The big V in the guide I assume makes the gap even bigger for the ball to get in there.

#11099 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Ive had that issue about 5 times, the entire time Ive owned the machine. The first two times it got wedged, I had to pull the glass to remove it so I kinda bent that guide in a bit and a ball search always seems to clear it out since then. I told myself I'd add a star post back there IF it continued to get wedged and stuck again. But so far this hasn't been necessary.

Yah, we went forever without any issues... now it seems to be happening once a week. That's part of my theory of the jet bumper adjustment being part of the issue too. We adjusted the spoon and tip a bit to try to make the bumper more sensitive.

#11100 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm thinking jet bumper sensitivity is part of it too... because we've had a pro and premium since the launch and this problem is only starting recently. I figure if the jet bumper is lazy, balls have a better shot at getting in there.
Considered adding something mounted to the plastic.. but I think that will take too much abuse. Sticky to the ball guide I worry about staying in place. The guide looked a bit thick for bending... but I can see the point. Did you bend the top or bottom half? The big V in the guide I assume makes the gap even bigger for the ball to get in there.

It's been a couple years, but I think I bent both. The lower is probably the most important of the two. A wrench would work too, if there's enough space to get in there with larger tools.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/222?hl=killerrobots and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.