IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 256.
#10951 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Video útil para ti

ok, I don't speak English but from the video I understand what you mean.... I've also noticed the bibina a little hotter than the two below....

#10952 1 year ago

Indeed... it seems that the problem is here...

IMG_20221018_140443 (resized).jpgIMG_20221018_140443 (resized).jpgIMG_20221018_140448 (resized).jpgIMG_20221018_140448 (resized).jpgIMG_20221018_140456 (resized).jpgIMG_20221018_140456 (resized).jpgIMG_20221018_140538 (resized).jpgIMG_20221018_140538 (resized).jpg
#10953 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

wow! Yeah that certainly needs replacing lol

#10954 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I'm lost as to what to do to fix my subway. I've read your key post and pushed the mech upwards (toward apron) to better make sure the fingers aren't getting stuck, they were occasionally on a manual test, however it's not fixed the issue and seems to have created a new issue of the fingers sometimes not going all the way down and so a ball getting hung up on a partially raised finger.
If I put it in diagnostic mode, sometimes the ball passes through fine, other times its getting stuck, needing another ball sent down to free it and then sometimes it passes through fine but the prongs continue to activate continuously even though there is no ball in there. I'm not sure how to adjust it further to help.

Could be one of two things. First, the mech might need a slight adjustment to center the prongs so they don't rub against or get hung up on the white plastic tray in the subway. If adjusting doesn't fix it then the mech has probably developed slack in the arm that pushes the prongs up. If that's the case then you'll need either a replacement mech or there are fixes that have been posted in the forum also.

#10955 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

¡guau! Sí, eso ciertamente necesita ser reemplazado jajaja

I think that's going to be the solution ..... hahaha

#10956 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Could be one of two things. First, the mech might need a slight adjustment to center the prongs so they don't rub against or get hung up on the white plastic tray in the subway. If adjusting doesn't fix it then the mech has probably developed slack in the arm that pushes the prongs up. If that's the case then you'll need either a replacement mech or there are fixes that have been posted in the forum also.

Thanks, I've adjusted it again and the prongs are no longer getting caught at all, that's fixed them not going down all the way and the ball getting stuck. Unfortunately it's just firing all the time trying to clear non-existing balls. All the prongs are coming up and down great now though, maybe I need to realign an opto or something. Weirdly even if I disable the portal during game play it's still trying to clear the subway. Replacing coil stops is more my level of ability, not this lol, I should have got a pro

#10957 1 year ago

One question, if the tunnel is deactivated during the game, I imagine that the eye of agamoto is also deactivated, right?

#10958 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Thanks, I've adjusted it again and the prongs are no longer getting caught at all, that's fixed them not going down all the way and the ball getting stuck. Unfortunately it's just firing all the time trying to clear non-existing balls. All the prongs are coming up and down great now though, maybe I need to realign an opto or something. Weirdly even if I disable the portal during game play it's still trying to clear the subway. Replacing coil stops is more my level of ability, not this lol, I should have got a pro

Yep that could be an opto out of alignment or with a loose connection in the subway. If it's firing constantly then I'd think going into switch test should show you which switch/opto is causing the problem.

#10959 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine looked the same. Change them all, I bet they are defective on lower flippers as well. Not a big deal, but mysterious why Stern doesn't get that since several years...

#10960 1 year ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

Not a big deal, but mysterious why Stern doesn't get that since several years...

Probably something like a 20k unit parts order sitting in their inventory is why

Use 'em up...

#10961 1 year ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Great job !! quick question did you take your side rails off or do it on the game when you wrapped?

Sorry, I must have missed your post. I took the 2 rails and lockbar off to do the vinyl wrap. Fortunately the rails are not double-sided taped down, just remove a few screws and tilt the back box forward to get the last screw behind the hinge. Easy off and easy back on.

#10962 1 year ago

what is the configuration number of the menu to cancel the underground and the eye of agamoto and play without blocking the balls? I would like to try it...

#10963 1 year ago

Looking at possible adding a shaker motor to my cabinet. What are peoples opinions? I was looking at pinballlife at this
Shaker Motor Kit (Rev C) For Stern SPIKE & SPIKE 2 System Games
Worth it or not with this table?

#10964 1 year ago
Quoted from Savageroots:

Looking at possible adding a shaker motor to my cabinet. What are peoples opinions? I was looking at pinballlife at this

AIQ has good use of the shaker and the Pinball Life shaker works well.

#10965 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

AIQ has good use of the shaker and the Pinball Life shaker works well.

I’ll second that! Got mine from GameRoomGoodies

#10966 1 year ago
Quoted from Savageroots:

I turned off my shaker motor to do some troubleshooting and you really miss it when it's gone. It's used fantastically in this game.

#10967 1 year ago

So went to play a few games tonight, turn on machine logged into my insider name plunged my first ball and as I hit the ball with my left upper flipper the whole table went dead. Turn power off, gave it a few moments, then turned it back on. I was able to start and play multiple games after that with no issue.
Has anyone experienced this? I am running still on game code 1.05

#10968 1 year ago
Quoted from Savageroots:

So went to play a few games tonight, turn on machine logged into my insider name plunged my first ball and as I hit the ball with my left upper flipper the whole table went dead. Turn power off, gave it a few moments, then turned it back on. I was able to start and play multiple games after that with no issue.

I have seen this happen when logged into Insider and you lose your connection to the internet or even just have a weak WiFi signal that takes a few extra ms to respond, I swapped out my Stern USB wifi dongles for much stronger and better ones and never had it happen since. All my games were doing this periodically because of the weak signal in my basement and the dongle Stern provides is weak as hell.

#10969 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

I have seen this happen when logged into Insider and you lose your connection to the internet or even just have a weak WiFi signal that takes a few extra ms to respond, I swapped out my Stern USB wifi dongles for much stronger and better ones and never had it happen since. All my games were doing this periodically because of the weak signal in my basement and the dongle Stern provides is weak as hell.

So you think the power and the table going completely dead was due to wifi connection? Why would the game completely shut off if it lost interest connection? That seems really weird.

#10970 1 year ago
Quoted from Savageroots:

So you think the power and the table going completely dead was due to wifi connection? Why would the game completely shut off if it lost interest connection? That seems really weird.

Sure does - makes no sense to me either. But I went back and forth with Stern on it and swapping out IC components (SD Card, QR Reader, Wifi) were the troubleshooting steps we went through - and the wifi one is what solved it. Seems like a bad error handling practice to just kill the game if the connection gets weak.

#10971 1 year ago
Quoted from Savageroots:

You need to update to 1.06. 1.05 was notorious for crashing. Did it to me a bunch of times. They put a fix in for it in 1.06 and hasn’t happened to me since. I’d at least start with that…

#10972 1 year ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

You need to update to 1.06. 1.05 was notorious for crashing. Did it to me a bunch of times. They put a fix in for it in 1.06 and hasn’t happened to me since. I’d at least start with that…

Interesting….I’m on 1.05 but not interested in any of the IC so I did not upgrade to 1.06. My game has reset a couple of times (maybe 3) since installing 1.05. I’m thinking I should go ahead and upgrade to 1.06 now…..

#10973 1 year ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Interesting….I’m on 1.05 but not interested in any of the IC so I did not upgrade to 1.06. My game has reset a couple of times (maybe 3) since installing 1.05. I’m thinking I should go ahead and upgrade to 1.06 now…..

I think the problems were mainly if you didn't have IC hardware installed. Would probably recommend either way I suppose.

#10974 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I think the problems were mainly if you didn't have IC hardware installed. Would probably recommend either way I suppose.

I have an early run premium with no IC hardware (ie no qr reader)….if it resets again I will update to 1.06 and report back.

#10975 1 year ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I have an early run premium with no IC hardware (ie no qr reader)….if it resets again I will update to 1.06 and report back.

My premium does not have IC. I updated to 1.06 mainly to fix the crashing… highly recommended

#10976 1 year ago

I have now upgraded to 1.06 and will see what happens. That had been my first reset ever on the machine so I got kind of spooked.

#10977 1 year ago

Updating now

Thanks for the feedback!

#10978 1 year ago

Can confirm updating past 1.05 fixed the reboots on my non IC pro. Mine would reboot at either the beginning or end of random games. Lost a ton of high scores because of it.

#10979 1 year ago

Question guys. I seem to have overtightened the large white plastic nut that lets you adjust the portal height. And now I can’t remember which way to turn it to loosen it.

If the playfield is vertical, and I’m looking at it straight from the front, do I turn to clockwise or counter-clockwise to loosen it?

Ugh, such an embarrassing question to ask lol

Update: I got it off, but it seems I stripped the nut. Hopefully pinball life carries it.

#10980 1 year ago

Is anyone running the video alternative code for AIQ? Where can I locate?
Thanks in advance
Regards Darren

#10981 1 year ago

Is there a code with alternative videos? Of the movies?

#10982 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Is anyone running the video alternative code for AIQ? Where can I locate?
Thanks in advance
Regards Darren

Quoted from mannymasy:

Is there a code with alternative videos? Of the movies?

Search Pinside forums for Spider soundmod

(No it’s not just sound…)

#10983 1 year ago

So my spinning disc is super tight around the 12 to 3 o clock position and getting the disc to spin is almost impossible.

If I raise the disc it spins freely and nice.

Any ideas?

#10984 1 year ago

Let me clarify. It spins. But the disc always likes to stop between the 12 to 3 and I can barely get that thing to spin in game.

#10985 1 year ago

Also anyone know what the disc spinner threshold #210 does?

16664935745785508076109812025940 (resized).jpg16664935745785508076109812025940 (resized).jpg
#10986 1 year ago

Sorry if this is a frequently asked question. I did search the thread but I didn't see a clear answer.

Just a got a new premium and I am having trouble with the auto-launch not making it all the way around to the right flipper. Here is what I have done:

- Game is level (left-right) and at about 6.5deg
- Tried changing the plunger strength at 245 and 250 but that didn't fix it.
- Checked out the plunger coil and everything looks clean and tight
- There is sometimes a little rattle on plunge but generally it shots straight and still may not make it around
- A full hand plunge will make it around about 75% of the time, auto is maybe 20%

I am guessing this is a typical issue so hoping there is a known fix before I dig any deeper. Thank in advance.

#10987 1 year ago
Quoted from killerrobots:Sorry if this is a frequently asked question. I did search the thread but I didn't see a clear answer.
Just a got a new premium and I am having trouble with the auto-launch not making it all the way around to the right flipper. Here is what I have done:
- There is sometimes a little rattle on plunge but generally it shots straight and still may not make it around
- A full hand plunge will make it around about 75% of the time, auto is maybe 20%
I am guessing this is a typical issue so hoping there is a known fix before I dig any deeper. Thank in advance.

There's no one answer. Both the manual and auto launch issue could be caused by any one or a combination of a couple different things. Best idea is to take slow motion video of a launch from each to see if the ball hits the guide rail and loses steam somewhere, then figure out an adjustment to get it on a better path.

Makes sure the forks of the auto launch are aligned so the ball is resting equally on both forks. And make sure the tip of the plunger is resting close to the ball without touching it and that it isn't interfering with the auto launch. Those would be the places I start in trying to figure out the cause, and then troubleshoot depending on what the cause is.

#10988 1 year ago
Quoted from killerrobots:Sorry if this is a frequently asked question. I did search the thread but I didn't see a clear answer.

The below is in the thread pinned topics & probably the route I’m gonna go. My manual plunge made it around sometimes when I got it - I noticed it was quite a bit off-center so I adjusted it thinking that would make it better. With it centered it is…worse. I noticed on slo-mo it seems to roll right and hit the right rail. I have to slo-mo an auto-launch too, might raise the right side of the metal fork a bit with a washer.

My auto-plunge is mostly successful but does seem to lose effectiveness as the game goes on.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/145#post-6332227

#10989 1 year ago

One thing I noticed today - the groove in my shooter lane isn’t centered. Is that a thing on AIQ?

Maybe it’s an optical illusion…

597514D1-B28C-46C3-8594-5814DD50C9A7 (resized).png597514D1-B28C-46C3-8594-5814DD50C9A7 (resized).png

#10990 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

There's no one answer. Both the manual and auto launch issue could be caused by any one or a combination of a couple different things. Best idea is to take slow motion video of a launch from each to see if the ball hits the guide rail and loses steam somewhere, then figure out an adjustment to get it on a better path.
Makes sure the forks of the auto launch are aligned so the ball is resting equally on both forks. And make sure the tip of the plunger is resting close to the ball without touching it and that it isn't interfering with the auto launch. Those would be the places I start in trying to figure out the cause, and then troubleshoot depending on what the cause is.

Thanks for the recommendation. As these things sometimes go, I took off the glass and went into coil test mode to film it and it went fully around nearly every time! I am guessing that when I disassembled the coil assembly it loosened something up. If it comes back I will look at the increased coil strength and spring as also recommended.

#10991 1 year ago

Ok, I’m no pinball wizard, AIQ is my first pin. To make it fun for us, we set all settings in our favor (maxed time, soul gem settings, extra balls, etc) After a year, I’m finally dialing in on the game. Tonight I got all 6 gems for the first time and over billion points. Mad props to you folks that consistently get multi-billion games! Maybe another year, I can remove the training wheels and compete. For now, I’ll just keep enjoying this deep game.

#10992 1 year ago

Does anyone have an AIQ topper they'd like to sell?

#10993 1 year ago

MaxIsDead might have one. I just bought his Premium and he was also selling the topper.

#10994 1 year ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

MaxAMillion might have one. I just bought his Premium and he was also selling the topper.

I have already contacted him and am taking it (shortly before these posts)

#10995 1 year ago

How much do used toppers sell for? I’m getting an aiq with the topper on friday

#10996 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

How much do used toppers sell for? I’m getting an aiq with the topper on friday

Brand new $700 roughly

#10997 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Brand new $700 roughly

Used ones similar price?

#10998 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Used ones similar price?

I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I would assume a little less but by how much?...unsure.

#10999 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I would assume a little less but by how much?...unsure.

ok, thanks. I was just seeing if it’s even worth selling or more value with the pin if I go to sell/trade in the future. Thanks for the note!

#11000 1 year ago

LOVE this !!!!

IMG_20221026_182637 (resized).jpgIMG_20221026_182637 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 19.00
Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
$ 16.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/220?hl=kempsuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.