IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 256.
#10851 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

a question. What is the best strategy to follow to quickly explode the score?

I got this one…….. Take the glass off

#10852 1 year ago

Since a relevelling, I've been playing AIQ just so much better the past week. Question on how to beat the game as I don't remember where I had the long rules sheet saved.

Twice lately I've been able to collect all 6 gems (and defend them along the way). But then I didn't know what to do. If you try to start a mode it just says none are available. I collected all Avengers and once I had to do something with the Black Order. I got through that and then didn't know what to do. There's not enough narration IMO to know how to progress deep in the game. Perhaps they spent so much time writing such gems as "I am Iron Man" and "I'm Natasha Romanoff, the Black Widow" they forgot to include narration for the rest of the game.

Once you have all the gems, what are the other milestones that have to be reached to beat the game, and how do you qualify for them?

#10853 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

a question. What is the best strategy to follow to quickly explode the score?

There are a lot of videos of AIQ game play streaming online. Search and watch them and you'll get some ideas. Or search this thread for the word "strategy" and you'll see what people have posted in the past.

#10854 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Since a relevelling, I've been playing AIQ just so much better the past week. Question on how to beat the game as I don't remember where I had the long rules sheet saved.
Twice lately I've been able to collect all 6 gems (and defend them along the way). But then I didn't know what to do. If you try to start a mode it just says none are available. I collected all Avengers and once I had to do something with the Black Order. I got through that and then didn't know what to do. There's not enough narration IMO to know how to progress deep in the game. Perhaps they spent so much time writing such gems as "I am Iron Man" and "I'm Natasha Romanoff, the Black Widow" they forgot to include narration for the rest of the game.
Once you have all the gems, what are the other milestones that have to be reached to beat the game, and how do you qualify for them?

This lays out everything in the game pretty well:

http://tiltforums.com/t/avengers-infinity-quest-rulesheet/6740

And this is a link to the Stern PDF rule sheet for the game:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/AIQ-Rule-Sheet.pdf

#10855 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I got this one…….. Take the glass off

That's probably the best advice Lol, If I did that then I could MAYBE have a chance at getting the types of scores awesome1 and vikingerik get.

#10856 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

The finaL 1/6 of the game does a terrible job of narrating final objectives. 10 bucks says you had to collect all the avengers again. I believe You have to collect them 4 total times, I could be wrong, going off memory. 1st = soul gem. 2nd = black order mb. 3rd = defeat black order. 4th to battle thanos?

#10857 1 year ago

If the narration is bad for those of you who speak English... imagine for those of us who don't know English... hahahah

#10858 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

If the narration is bad for those of you who speak English... imagine for those of us who don't know English... hahahah

There is no narration so you’re good

#10859 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

You have to collect all the Avengers three times total. The first time starts the Soul Gem quest, the second time starts Black Order Multiball, and the third time starts Battle Royale. After you have attempted all six gems at least once and have reached Battle Royale, then the next time you open the portal will be Battle Thanos.

That's not quite beating the game; there are two more wizard modes beyond Thanos. You get Computer Frenzy by completing enough grid lines, and Trophy Mania by collecting 24 total trophies.

For the other question: There is no way to quickly explode the score on AIQ, it's not Star Wars. All the big scoring in the billions is back-loaded into the wizard modes. The gem quests and multiballs don't score all that much, typically only in the tens of millions. Besides the wizard modes, the big points come from Soul Gem Jackpots, on a multiplied Captain Marvel ramp on the Premium, for up to 250% of a quest's value; this requires four successful Binary hurryups to set up.

Quoted from EaglePin:

There are a lot of videos of AIQ game play streaming online. Search and watch them and you'll get some ideas. Or search this thread for the word "strategy" and you'll see what people have posted in the past.

One caveat is that a lot of those videos are outdated from older software code, which had a much different structure around the modes where you fight Thanos. Make sure you're watching something from v1.0 or later.

#10860 1 year ago

Guys need help - just bought an avengers prem with home-brew code. I'd like to overwrite it and put original code back on. Can I just do the usual usb code update or do I need to replace sd card et?. Thanks for any help.

#10861 1 year ago

I’m thinking about buying an AIQ premium, have option of getting with or without topper (reduced price).

I’m not really a topper guy but don’t hate them just don’t care to pay a lot.

Is the topper worth a $600 uncharge? I’m not sure if I’m keeping it long term so curious if I’m better off buying it cheaper so easier to selling in future or would it sell better with topper?

#10862 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Yeah, go with the recommendations of what the others were saying.
If you are already winning all 6 gems you are close. That’s the easiest time to collect Avengers and advance deeper to Battle Thanos and beyond.
Make sure you have some time set aside as some games can get to 60 to 90 minutes or even longer!
I have some videos on YouTube, search my username. They are Gameplay, not instructional.

#10863 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

Guys need help - just bought an avengers prem with home-brew code. I'd like to overwrite it and put original code back on. Can I just do the usual usb code update or do I need to replace sd card et?. Thanks for any help.

If there’s homebrew code and you want to make sure you are fully stock, I would do the full SD card image.

#10864 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

For the other question: There is no way to quickly explode the score on AIQ, it's not Star Wars. All the big scoring in the billions is back-loaded into the wizard modes. The gem quests and multiballs don't score all that much, typically only in the tens of millions. Besides the wizard modes, the big points come from Soul Gem Jackpots, on a multiplied Captain Marvel ramp on the Premium, for up to 250% of a quest's value; this requires four successful Binary hurryups to set up.

You're not playing the modes optimally. My modes and multiballs are usually in the 50-100 million range. Always collect portal shots before starting modes and try to take multiballs into the modes. Thor doesn't score huge but my iron man multiballs are usually close to 100 mil. I always take mind gem first with the goal of using it on a level 1 avenger during soul gem on hard mode. That usually nets 200-250 mil right there. Completing reality gem with the level 2 soul gem using 1 button push will also get you over 100 mil if you have 2 portal locks and a level 2 soul gem. Soul gem jackpots can also be huge. My current record is 200 mil but I honestly don't remember when I got that jackpot. I also hear people timing out thanos attacks but that's also usually worth 100-130 mil for me. I can get well into a billion before black order or battle thanos.

IMG_20220924_190717350_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220924_190717350_HDR (resized).jpg

#10865 1 year ago
Quoted from broada:

If there’s homebrew code and you want to make sure you are fully stock, I would do the full SD card image.

Awesome thanks. Is an sd card reimage involve replacing it or is it still just putting in a usb to write over it? Meaning do i need to replace the sd card.

Apologies for my not knowing this.

#10866 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

Awesome thanks. Is an sd card reimage involve replacing it or is it still just putting in a usb to write over it? Meaning do i need to replace the sd card.
Apologies for my not knowing this.

Take the SD card and plug it into an adapter or something similar to your computer. Stern has this guide with pretty good instructions to use with their SD card images:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/How-to-Create-a-SD-Card-for-a-SPIKE-System-Pinball-Machine.pdf

#10867 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m thinking about buying an AIQ premium, have option of getting with or without topper (reduced price).
I’m not really a topper guy but don’t hate them just don’t care to pay a lot.
Is the topper worth a $600 uncharge? I’m not sure if I’m keeping it long term so curious if I’m better off buying it cheaper so easier to selling in future or would it sell better with topper?

I like the topper. It makes the game look better imo.

#10868 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

This lays out everything in the game pretty well:
http://tiltforums.com/t/avengers-infinity-quest-rulesheet/6740
And this is a link to the Stern PDF rule sheet for the game:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/AIQ-Rule-Sheet.pdf

Joining the club today. I'm reading through the thread to catch up but I've noticed the dates on these are still 2020. Was curious if the current state of the code is more or less the same base structure re: the ruleset?

Also, is the Spider soundmod the main custom code alternative? Sounds like it is on 1.03 until/unless pinball browser can get working on the newer versions of the Stern code? I guess at a glance at least it seems like you can go back to 1.03 without problems re: any firmware updates, I might give Stern's v1.07 a shot since 1) I'm coming in new and 2) really not an Avengers/Marvel movies fan so not a big deal if it's still comics-themed

#10869 1 year ago

My run of Sean Astin-themed pins has hit a disruption (unless we can count voice acting in a The Mighty Thor cartoon it appears), but I've at least kept the streak of machines that could / should use flipper coil fans alive.

pinballs (resized).JPGpinballs (resized).JPG
#10870 1 year ago

Wow! That looks great!

#10871 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Joining the club today. I'm reading through the thread to catch up but I've noticed the dates on these are still 2020. Was curious if the current state of the code is more or less the same base structure re: the ruleset?

The Tiltforums rulesheet is updated and accurate. The Stern PDF isn't, since Battle Thanos changed drastically since then, but other than that yes everything is the same for the gem quests and collecting Avengers.

#10872 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

My run of Sean Astin-themed pins has hit a disruption (unless we can count voice acting in a The Mighty Thor cartoon it appears), but I've at least kept the streak of machines that could / should use flipper coil fans alive.
[quoted image]

Nice game room area, excellent dimensions for pins, but get yourself some carpet slider footies. Once they settle into the foam you can slide the machine around much better like you would expect on a hard floor and it stays more level overall on the carpet still.

#10873 1 year ago
Quoted from AiriusTorpora:

Nice game room area, excellent dimensions for pins, but get yourself some carpet slider footies. Once they settle into the foam you can slide the machine around much better like you would expect on a hard floor and it stays more level overall on the carpet still.

I've got sliders on the front legs of the other two machines, just have to grab another pair for this new-to-me arrival.

#10874 1 year ago
Quoted from AiriusTorpora:

Get these! All the other carpet sliders are ugly big plates. These are a perfect fit for my pins. My local Ace Hardware has carried them for years. I feel lucky to have stumbled across them and replace the larger eye sore carpet sliders. Sorry for the crappy pic, I had to search my photo library to find this one pic from a few years ago.

The Original Magic Sliders #04600 60mm (I think).

A336421F-34A1-412E-921A-ECE78AD2CFCE (resized).jpegA336421F-34A1-412E-921A-ECE78AD2CFCE (resized).jpegD5D9D6B5-F06E-4449-A676-7C45B1FC9443 (resized).jpegD5D9D6B5-F06E-4449-A676-7C45B1FC9443 (resized).jpeg Added 18 months ago:

Buy the Concave Sliding Discs version

#10875 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Get these! All the other carpet sliders are ugly big plates. These are a perfect fit for my pins. My local Ace Hardware has carried them for years. I feel lucky to have stumbled across them and replace the larger eye sore carpet sliders. Sorry for the crappy pic, I had to search my photo library to find this one pic from a few years ago.
The Original Magic Sliders #04600 60mm (I think). [quoted image][quoted image]

Added 3 days ago: Buy the Concave Sliding Discs version

SirMachismo are those definitely the size in the leg pictures? Just asking because 2 3/8” is much bigger than a pinball foot but it could be referring to the outer diameter of the disc. It doesn’t specify inner or outer diameter on the sliding disc site. Thanks !

#10876 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

SirMachismo are those definitely the size in the leg pictures? Just asking because 2 3/8” is much bigger than a pinball foot but it could be referring to the outer diameter of the disc. It doesn’t specify inner or outer diameter on the sliding disc site. Thanks !

I am stopping by to Ace today because it’s Sunday…so I will shoot a current pick of the sliders packaging. Meanwhile here are these. I was skeptical when I bought my first pair, but the look so much cleaner than the plate size ones.
-Lb

Update:
Here are the pics from Ace Hardware.
4FEC3A69-766B-45A3-9521-36D6892DFC5F (resized).jpeg4FEC3A69-766B-45A3-9521-36D6892DFC5F (resized).jpeg0277FCE6-A72C-4535-A4A8-5848307DB1C0 (resized).jpeg0277FCE6-A72C-4535-A4A8-5848307DB1C0 (resized).jpegA7F790BE-26A2-4E56-A377-C655AA7A3CA8 (resized).jpegA7F790BE-26A2-4E56-A377-C655AA7A3CA8 (resized).jpeg

1284509F-E622-43BA-9ED6-3394F2C81A71 (resized).jpeg1284509F-E622-43BA-9ED6-3394F2C81A71 (resized).jpeg773EFB3E-5C8C-40D6-86E8-01C97EAA2655 (resized).jpeg773EFB3E-5C8C-40D6-86E8-01C97EAA2655 (resized).jpeg80019A65-AD4C-4ED5-B66D-61A5F7A90EC8 (resized).jpeg80019A65-AD4C-4ED5-B66D-61A5F7A90EC8 (resized).jpeg

#10877 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I am stopping by to Ace today because it’s Sunday…so I will shoot a current pick of the sliders packaging. Meanwhile here are these. I was skeptical when I bought my first pair, but the look so much cleaner than the plate size ones.
-Lb
Update:
Here are the pics from Ace Hardware.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You the man! Thanks for the quick and detailed reply.

If you’re buying in bulk, get them straight from the OEM. It was $35 shipped for three boxes, tax included.

https://magicsliders.com/products/238-inch-60mm-concave-reuseable-4-pack?_pos=1&_sid=fb2e586e0&_ss=r

Added 18 months ago:

Edit; card came with order: use code MAGIC for 10% off

#10878 1 year ago

I’ve had good luck with these sliders. $7.50 for 8 of them delivered. I used the ones from harbor freight before that

https://www.amazon.com/SuperSliders-4716495N-Reusable-Slider-Furniture/dp/B07PDSYLNS

#10879 1 year ago

Just finished putting armor back on after getting powder coated

#10881 1 year ago

Joined the club officially today!

5E5E2C5B-5A75-42D7-B375-FD3BB393A07A (resized).jpeg5E5E2C5B-5A75-42D7-B375-FD3BB393A07A (resized).jpegC7D17336-A706-4BBA-A6E1-8D4321B8C25F (resized).jpegC7D17336-A706-4BBA-A6E1-8D4321B8C25F (resized).jpegC54779A0-509C-4845-86CB-154E66BA6FC9 (resized).jpegC54779A0-509C-4845-86CB-154E66BA6FC9 (resized).jpeg
#10882 1 year ago

I joined the AIQ club yesterday! Brought home a pro, and wouldn't you know it, on my very first game I got an air ball that cracked a plastic clean in half. Does anyone have an extra "lightning" plastic or know where I can get one? The one just to the left of the Captain Marvel spinner.

#10883 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Joined the club officially today![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome! But, more important, what a view out that window!

#10884 1 year ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Now I am a little embarrassed…the view can be yours if you are willing to make a trip to Home Depot. I do live in Colorado and can see the mountains from my home, but nothing this spectacular. Oh, you should see my office, I think I have a babbling brook in that window well.

74A84013-B209-4220-89E6-BF3ACA2DDA3D (resized).jpeg74A84013-B209-4220-89E6-BF3ACA2DDA3D (resized).jpeg
#10885 1 year ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

The point is the Avengers argue and insult one another and such all the time. I'm actually not sure if those comments are supposed to be Marvel or Widow but either way they feel pretty on brand for the way the group interacts.

If you've seen a movie or two - maybe. If you've read the comics for decades, not so much. It should be Thanos and Proxima Midnight, the Black Order etc that does the taunting. "You should have saved that..." is about as bad as it would get from a team member. That definitely sounds like the CAPT Marvel voice, but it's hard to discern.

But "sucks to be YOU"? No way. Between Avengers there's definitely banter, but there's not an Avenger that would say "sucks to be YOU" after the entire TEAM was defeated. When the Black Order wins they've ALL lost - it makes no sense. If that's supposed to be an Avenger saying that, then they have erred for a few reasons. 1) it's illogical and dumb saying "sucks to be YOU" when it's a TEAM and they'll ALL die if they don't succeed 2) comments like that just take you out of the game, out of BEING one of the Avengers.

I very much hope they change those callouts with a code update, or make sure it's clearly Proxima Midnight - or whoever's voice says "rejoice, for you are now a child of Thanos!" (is that you Whoopi Goldberg?) or something. Those particular callouts that sound like Carol Danvers are the only thing that GRATES on my nerves in an otherwise really perfect pinball machine.

#10886 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I've got sliders on the front legs of the other two machines, just have to grab another pair for this new-to-me arrival.

Nice, slick sliders on the front legs really helps with the ball saves!

#10887 1 year ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Welcome! This is such a great game, you're going to really love it! It's challenging and complex and very rewarding. So much fun!

I have given some of the game's graphics a hard time on the forums (e.g. when the sideways Hulk image falls, rights itself in two turns) but I've come to appreciate the rendering they DID do a great job on like the portal animation, the gem animations, and others that are really well done.

#10888 1 year ago
Quoted from Defil8de:

If you've seen a movie or two - maybe. If you've read the comics for decades, not so much. It should be Thanos and Proxima Midnight, the Black Order etc that does the taunting. "You should have saved that..." is about as bad as it would get from a team member. That definitely sounds like the CAPT Marvel voice, but it's hard to discern.
But "sucks to be YOU"? No way. Between Avengers there's definitely banter, but there's not an Avenger that would say "sucks to be YOU" after the entire TEAM was defeated. When the Black Order wins they've ALL lost - it makes no sense. If that's supposed to be an Avenger saying that, then they have erred for a few reasons. 1) it's illogical and dumb saying "sucks to be YOU" when it's a TEAM and they'll ALL die if they don't succeed 2) comments like that just take you out of the game, out of BEING one of the Avengers.
I very much hope they change those callouts with a code update, or make sure it's clearly Proxima Midnight - or whoever's voice says "rejoice, for you are now a child of Thanos!" (is that you Whoopi Goldberg?) or something. Those particular callouts that sound like Carol Danvers are the only thing that GRATES on my nerves in an otherwise really perfect pinball machine.

Totally agree, the callouts are almost as bad as the animations......

#10889 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Totally agree, the callouts are almost as bad as the animations......

My favourite call-out is “Hulk not tilt, it was puny Banner”…..even though it means I just tilted. The one that grates on me is the “Success, due to superior technology “ call-out after coming out of IMMB. Oh, and “You could have saved that “

#10890 1 year ago

My Ace Hardware had pretty crappy sliders. It's been on my backburner list to find sliders that fit exactly to the feet circle diameters on all my pins as I'd seen them before on pinside, so maybe I'll try ordering the magic sliders.

Still making my way through the thread, just cracked into the 100 page mark out of 218 re: my number of posts per page. Got to the timeframe where evidently Stern was releasing some machines with washers under the suspect ball guides - mine is an Apr 2022 build and did not have any washers. Added one under antman rail last night while doing rubbers, probably look into Thor as well.

One question I did have - does the audio hardware vary much between recent Stern spike 2 games? My Dec 2021 build STh Pro sounds quite a bit better than this Avengers Pro. The main woofer is crackle city on this even at like volume 14. I'd assume the pros would pretty much have the same amplification and speakers.

edit: today I messed around while someone else was playing and seemed to be able to minimize what I thought was speaker crackling by pushing up against the outside edges of the speaker grate, so I'll play around more with securing the woofer and some foam/quiet tape.

#10891 1 year ago

You know... there are days when I just hit the power switch and walk away... today is that day.

150M away from my personal best GC score after ball 1, and I even had an extra ball. 3 balls later... my old score still stands.

/it's a pin-ball life ... for us...

#10892 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

My Ace Hardware had pretty crappy sliders. It's been on my backburner list to find sliders that fit exactly to the feet circle diameters on all my pins as I'd seen them before on pinside, so maybe I'll try ordering the magic sliders.
Still making my way through the thread, just cracked into the 100 page mark out of 218 re: my number of posts per page. Got to the timeframe where evidently Stern was releasing some machines with washers under the suspect ball guides - mine is an Apr 2022 build and did not have any washers. Added one under antman rail last night while doing rubbers, probably look into Thor as well.
One question I did have - does the audio hardware vary much between recent Stern spike 2 games? My Dec 2021 build STh Pro sounds quite a bit better than this Avengers Pro. The main woofer is crackle city on this even at like volume 14. I'd assume the pros would pretty much have the same amplification and speakers.
edit: today I messed around while someone else was playing and seemed to be able to minimize what I thought was speaker crackling by pushing up against the outside edges of the speaker grate, so I'll play around more with securing the woofer and some foam/quiet tape.

Replacing the factory speakers will help considerably and tweaking the Stern EQ settings and also the attenuation settings to your liking. There's a good DIY thread if you want to go that route.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/

Also - many remove the grate cover from the cabinet speaker as it can vibrate and cause unwanted noise that sounds like speaker crackling.

#10893 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Replacing the factory speakers will help considerably and tweaking the Stern EQ settings and also the attenuation settings to your liking. There's a good DIY thread if you want to go that route.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/
Also - many remove the grate cover from the cabinet speaker as it can vibrate and cause unwanted noise that sounds like speaker crackling.

Thanks - I'll check that thread out. I just ran into your posts in this thread re: the pyle 4"s and the other aftermarket woofer for the cabinet a little bit after posting this.

#10894 1 year ago

So I haven't been active in this thread as our avengers games have largely been w/o major issue... until this week I found our sanctum tower leaning like the Tower of Pisa.

Turns out the vertical is attached to the pop-bumper plastic and that's it. On top of that, the plastic is really exposed to direct hits above and behind the sanctum target.

Looking at other people's photos here, I see the entire area in front of the tower is smashed off ours. Ours

img_3252 (resized).pngimg_3252 (resized).png

Others...
Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 10.26.03 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-06 at 10.26.03 PM (resized).png

So all that plastic in front of the vertical has smashed off.. and it eventually broke where the metal bracket attaches to the pop bumper plastic

Seems like a pretty weak design having that big sail supported only by this one pop-bumper plastic in a narrow area. Ours broke here..
IMG_3247 (resized).jpgIMG_3247 (resized).jpg

Has anyone improved this design at all?

Seem inevitable to be smashed as the mount is really exposed to direct shots around the sanctum standup target. At least the right mount is behind a post, but the left is exposed.

I made a piece of lexan to use under the plastic to support the broken plastic.. but am worried that this will be a recurring theme. Has anyone improved upon this or at least repo'd that vunerable plastic?

#10895 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So I haven't been active in this thread as our avengers games have largely been w/o major issue... until this week I found our sanctum tower leaning like the Tower of Pisa.
Turns out the vertical is attached to the pop-bumper plastic and that's it. On top of that, the plastic is really exposed to direct hits above and behind the sanctum target.
Looking at other people's photos here, I see the entire area in front of the tower is smashed off ours. Ours
[quoted image]
Others...
[quoted image]
So all that plastic in front of the vertical has smashed off.. and it eventually broke where the metal bracket attaches to the pop bumper plastic
Seems like a pretty weak design having that big sail supported only by this one pop-bumper plastic in a narrow area. Ours broke here..
[quoted image]
Seem inevitable to be smashed as the mount is really exposed to direct shots around the sanctum standup target. At least the right mount is behind a post, but the left is exposed.
I made a piece of lexan to use under the plastic to support the broken plastic.. but am worried that this will be a recurring theme. Has anyone improved upon this or at least repo'd that vunerable plastic?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/122#post-6192698

Feel free to print. I would recommend the sanctum plastic protector and thor and sanctum plastic cover.

If you don't want to change your broken plastic, the big cover will work to stabilize.

#10896 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]
Others...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Pinmonk created a mod for this. I just installed it. Supports tower better and creates an upper box that improves light & visual of the tower. Simple but helps.

#10897 1 year ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/122#post-6192698
Feel free to print. I would recommend the sanctum plastic protector and thor and sanctum plastic cover.
If you don't want to change your broken plastic, the big cover will work to stabilize.

Quoted from Slogan1111:

Pinmonk created a mod for this. I just installed it. Supports tower better and creates an upper box that improves light & visual of the tower. Simple but helps.

Thanks, but I don't think either of these speak to the root problem of the mount of the tower and it's exposure to direct ball hits. The tower itself is fine, it's that it's mount point is right in the ball's direct line of fire and all that hit goes directly to a small pop-bumper plastic. I don't need to make the tower stronger, it needs its mount or base plate protected/changed.

The lexan I put underneth will be harder to break than the factory plastic, but the smash spot remains.

#10898 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Thanks, but I don't think either of these speak to the root problem of the mount of the tower and it's exposure to direct ball hits. The tower itself is fine, it's that it's mount point is right in the ball's direct line of fire and all that hit goes directly to a small pop-bumper plastic. I don't need to make the tower stronger, it needs its mount or base plate protected/changed.
The lexan I put underneth will be harder to break than the factory plastic, but the smash spot remains.

I understood the problem. I created a protector plastic to prevent damage if the original plastic is fine. Did you see that? It doubles the thickness of the original plastic in the impact area and mounts to the screws below additionally. Won't break again if you use that.

Because your plastic is broken and your tower plastic is loose because of that, you can use the cover print. It mounts additionally to the post behind the plastic, so you will be good to go, even if your sanctum plastic has a broken front part... Just take a close look to the pictures / 3d models...

#10899 1 year ago

I'm posting this here because It seems like it is a little flaky showing up on mobile browsers, and as of right now, there are only 2 entries.

Project Pinball Raffle for and AIQ Topper

Project Pinball Support Gilbert Elijah!
Marco Pinball, Bang Back Pinball Lounge, The Little Flippers of Columbia, and the Columbia Pinball Community launch a new raffle to continue to support their friend’s battle with childhood Leukemia, Gilbert Elijah from San Antonio, TX.

Project Pinball Charity loves supporting battles of all kinds and love being able to fundraise for our favorite buddy for a second year! Gilbert Elijah is a very special little boy who needs all of our support!

You can follow along this Super Warriors’ journey here:

https://www.facebook.com/SuperWarriorGilbertElijah

Gilbert Elijah is a fun-loving four-year-old who has a love for playing pinball! It's always exciting for him when we go to our local coffee shop What's Brewing to play. He is a big fan of road trips, so occasionally we drive out to Quasars in Corpus Christi to get our pinball fix.

$25 per entry supporting a good cause. Check it out here:
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/gilbert-elijah-benefit-2022-avengers-topper/Campaign/Details

#10900 1 year ago
Quoted from osc10:

New on Pinside and my first Homepin is Avengers Pro! I tried too do my best with stuffs from Mezel Mods and I really love the game and the mods. I’m not that god and the sides-drains is hard on me
Thanks for all info in this forum
[quoted image][quoted image]

The outlanes start to feel less hungry when you get better at making more controlled shots. They mostly punish you for missing.... mostly....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/218 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.