IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 253.
#10751 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

That is a great video. If you get all the gems then battle thanos is an immediate win when you get there worth 1bil I believe. There were a lot of points left on the table in that game though.
This game I flubbed and drained right after defeating the black order. Just needed to collect all the avengers one last time to defeat thanos with all the stones and increase that score to nearly 4 bil. I love this game but wow is it a long player.
[quoted image]

I don’t think it’s all that long to get to the end. What makes it long is all the extra balls it awards. There’s a setting to set max extra balls - I have mine set at 2; feels like a normal (modern) pin now.

#10752 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don’t think it’s all that long to get to the end. What makes it long is all the extra balls it awards. There’s a setting to set max extra balls - I have mine set at 2; feels like a normal (modern) pin now.

yes, I've gotten to the end quickly but that's not really the point of why I play. When I play I try to maximize the score as much as I can. Makes it more exciting to finish soul gem with more than 200 million+ points or collect that soul gem jackpot with 200 million+ points. Try to complete reality gem with a level 2 mind gem in one button press is also a fun challenge. One day I want to complete everything in one game.

#10753 1 year ago

That is a great video. If you get all the gems then battle thanos is an immediate win when you get there worth 1bil I believe. There were a lot of points left on the table in that game though.
This game I flubbed and drained right after defeating the black order. Just needed to collect all the avengers one last time to defeat thanos with all the stones and increase that score to nearly 4 bil. I love this game but wow is it a long player.
[quoted image]

Yeah, 2.5B after collecting the 1B Thanos bonus for having all 6 gems is a pretty low score for that point in the game.

During the Stern Worldwide Leaderboard event I broke 5.6B twice and both times I only had 5 gems when I got to Battle Thanos...
AIQ Worldwide Leaderboard Final Scores (resized).jpgAIQ Worldwide Leaderboard Final Scores (resized).jpg

I ended up in second place. Congrats to CaptainBZ! 7.4B is the highest I've seen. I've broken 6B 5 times now, but you really have to maximize scoring opportunities to hit 5B and above. Not an easy task during a 60 to 90+ minute game. You have to have full knowledge of the rules, good skills and definitely a little luck.

Here's a link to video of one of my 6.3B games.

#10754 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah, 2.5B after collecting the 1B Thanos bonus for having all 6 gems is a pretty low score for that point in the game.
During the Stern Worldwide Leaderboard event I broke 5.6B twice and both times I only had 5 gems when I got to Battle Thanos...
[quoted image]
I ended up in second place. Congrats to CaptainBZ! 7.4B is the highest I've seen. I've broken 6B 5 times now, but you really have to maximize scoring opportunities to hit 5B and above. Not an easy task during a 60 to 90+ minute game. You have to have full knowledge of the rules, good skills and definitely a little luck.
Here's a link to video of one of my 6.3B games.

What’s the link to the leaderboard, and how do you participate? Is it automatic? I just had a 2 bil game so curious.

#10755 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What’s the link to the leaderboard, and how do you participate? Is it automatic? I just had a 2 bil game so curious.

It is automatic when playing under your connected account.

They just retired the AIQ board and now have activated Deadpool but here it is:
https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/events

SternPinball.com->Insider: Insider Connected->Stern Events

#10756 1 year ago

Joined the club! Adding a few mods, including new Titan Rings — those stock Stern rings were making the playfield dirty way too fast. Digging the look of the blue.

3251F4D8-186D-4B01-BD6E-D0A709C2D5CE (resized).jpeg3251F4D8-186D-4B01-BD6E-D0A709C2D5CE (resized).jpeg
#10757 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Joined the club! Adding a few mods, including new Titan Rings — those stock Stern rings were making the playfield dirty way too fast. Digging the look of the blue.
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club! I tried red rubbers and they were just too bouncy! Looked cool though. Had to go back to black. Too hard to cradle without and is a must in this game IMO

#10758 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Is there anywhere I can find a tutorial on how to best remove some of the posts and plastics on this machine? I am having some issues cleaning my machine where there are a lot of plastics right on top of each other and how best to remove them. On the black Panther Orbit ramp I have a blackish-brownish streak starting where the plastic covers it up. It is also putting a good bit of dirt on my right inlane that can even be seen after only about 10 plays after cleaned. You can hardly see anything on the left inlane but the right one gets dirty pretty quickly. Does anyone have any ideas where this is from? I thought I did a decent job of cleaning the shooter rod and definitely the other areas of the playfield. I used Novus 1 to clean it if that matters to anyone.

Sorry to quote my own post but just trying to get some advice/help with this. Sorry guys I am still a newb.

#10759 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Is there anywhere I can find a tutorial on how to best remove some of the posts and plastics on this machine? I am having some issues cleaning my machine where there are a lot of plastics right on top of each other and how best to remove them. On the black Panther Orbit ramp I have a blackish-brownish streak starting where the plastic covers it up. It is also putting a good bit of dirt on my right inlane that can even be seen after only about 10 plays after cleaned. You can hardly see anything on the left inlane but the right one gets dirty pretty quickly. Does anyone have any ideas where this is from? I thought I did a decent job of cleaning the shooter rod and definitely the other areas of the playfield. I used Novus 1 to clean it if that matters to anyone.

I'm not sure on disassembly videos, especially AIQ specific, but if you have basic tools and are familiar using them, removing any plastics or components shouldn't give you too much trouble. Mostly a Phillips screwdriver and a nut driver or socket set and some Allen/Hex wrench/sockets for flippers, and coil stops.

I recommend you take some before pics so you can reference how everything went together in case you don't remember. Keep plastics and screws together as they were on the machine.

With that said - I don't find that I need to remove anything to fully clean and wax AIQ. I just roll my micro fiber cloth up like a cigar and slide it through areas that are hard to reach. Use a chop stick, pencil, extendable magnet or whatever wont scratch the playfield to move the cloth around if needed.

If you have a few thousand plays on your machine you can remove the subway and clean it as well.

Clean the pinballs when you clean the playfield and I also clean the rubbers, flippers, ramps, everything. Replace the pinballs around every 500 or so games played and clean (and wax if you like) the new balls before putting them in the game.

#10760 1 year ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Nitro has lots of them in stock...Also, I remember in the instructions of my rod, there was a section about hooking it for single color. I don't know if that's because the instructions are generic for all stern shooters or if both options works with AIQ.

Holy moly $190 for those shooters? Damn I paid like $130 or something for my JP shooter and it's basically the same thing.

#10761 1 year ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

Welcome to the club! I tried red rubbers and they were just too bouncy! Looked cool though. Had to go back to black. Too hard to cradle without and is a must in this game IMO

I've got years of experience on Titan rings so I'm comfortable with how they play. I actually find it easier to trap up because they tend to be a bit grippier than standard rubber, and I like the extra bounce around the other areas of the game that make it a bit more challenging since the shots are pretty safe and flowy on this game.

#10762 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Sorry to quote my own post but just trying to get some advice/help with this. Sorry guys I am still a newb.

As awesome1 said, take pictures before you remove things so you can be sure to remember where they go, but I've always been able to get at pretty much everywhere for general cleaning without removing things.

As for the ball trails, if you're not already doing it then I'd suggest occasionally cleaning the rubbers (slings, posts, flippers) as part of your routine general cleaning. I use Wildcat RC-88 on mine and it works well. I could be wrong, but I think a lot of the ball trail material comes from the rubbers. When I first got my AIQ I put Titan low bounce on my flippers and it seemed like there weren't many ball trails. I didn't like the Titans and switched back to regular rubber and it seemed like the ball trails started appearing pretty quickly afterward. I think I also recall seeing posts where people say using Titans or other rubber substitutes reduces ball trails. But I just didn't like the way they played.

For stubborn ball trails try just using your bare finger to rub them off. I've found that works well. You may want to occasionally clean the ball trough also.

#10763 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

As awesome1 said, take pictures before you remove things so you can be sure to remember where they go, but I've always been able to get at pretty much everywhere for general cleaning without removing things.
As for the ball trails, if you're not already doing it then I'd suggest occasionally cleaning the rubbers (slings, posts, flippers) as part of your routine general cleaning. I use Wildcat RC-88 on mine and it works well. I could be wrong, but I think a lot of the ball trail material comes from the rubbers. When I first got my AIQ I put Titan low bounce on my flippers and it seemed like there weren't many ball trails. I didn't like the Titans and switched back to regular rubber and it seemed like the ball trails started appearing pretty quickly afterward. I think I also recall seeing posts where people say using Titans or other rubber substitutes reduces ball trails. But I just didn't like the way they played.
For stubborn ball trails try just using your bare finger to rub them off. I've found that works well. You may want to occasionally clean the ball trough also.

Quoted from awesome1:

I'm not sure on disassembly videos, especially AIQ specific, but if you have basic tools and are familiar using them, removing any plastics or components shouldn't give you too much trouble. Mostly a Phillips screwdriver and a nut driver or socket set and some Allen/Hex wrench/sockets for flippers, and coil stops.
I recommend you take some before pics so you can reference how everything went together in case you don't remember. Keep plastics and screws together as they were on the machine.
With that said - I don't find that I need to remove anything to fully clean and wax AIQ. I just roll my micro fiber cloth up like a cigar and slide it through areas that are hard to reach. Use a chop stick, pencil, extendable magnet or whatever wont scratch the playfield to move the cloth around if needed.
If you have a few thousand plays on your machine you can remove the subway and clean it as well.
Clean the pinballs when you clean the playfield and I also clean the rubbers, flippers, ramps, everything. Replace the pinballs around every 500 or so games played and clean (and wax if you like) the new balls before putting them in the game.

Thanks for the help guys, people like y'all that are willing to take the time to help someone new out like me is what makes pinside awesome. Hopefully in a couple of years I will be able to do the same for someone else.

Quoted from KevInBuffalo:Joined the club! Adding a few mods, including new Titan Rings — those stock Stern rings were making the playfield dirty way too fast. Digging the look of the blue.
[quoted image]

Did you buy one of the kits or did you buy them individually?

#10764 1 year ago

I've got years of experience on Titan rings so I'm comfortable with how they play. I actually find it easier to trap up because they tend to be a bit grippier than standard rubber, and I like the extra bounce around the other areas of the game that make it a bit more challenging since the shots are pretty safe and flowy on this game.

Cool, I haven’t tried Titans yet but find it interesting how the difference in colors can affect game play…

#10765 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Where can I see a gameplay with this video mod? I would love to see those images during the game.

#10766 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Where can I see a gameplay with this video mod? I would love to see those images during the game.

I streamed it a couple weeks ago, this timestamp should get you right to it: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1556385710?t=5042s

#10767 1 year ago

Easy mod if interested!

IMG_4436 (resized).jpgIMG_4436 (resized).jpgIMG_4441 (resized).jpgIMG_4441 (resized).jpgIMG_4442 (resized).jpgIMG_4442 (resized).jpg
#10768 1 year ago
Quoted from pixelpete:

Easy mod if interested!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks fantastic! Really, really well done.

#10769 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Roll your micro fiber towel up like a cigar to access the lanes under plastics, the tops of ramps, etc.

Sorry for the late follow-up, but I was searching for some advice on cleaning the Black Panther / Launch chute on the upper left without taking the whole thing apart. Does this technique work well there, even with the curve in the metal path?

#10770 1 year ago
Quoted from farmball150:

Sorry for the late follow-up, but I was searching for some advice on cleaning the Black Panther / Launch chute on the upper left without taking the whole thing apart. Does this technique work well there, even with the curve in the metal path?

The towel sausage is a fantastic way to clean obstructed and curvy playfield spots. I saturate it with Novus #1 and go to town. Pull it back and forth, sometimes pressing it into the PF surface with a no-scratch tool like a wooden dowel.

#10771 1 year ago
Quoted from farmball150:

Yes, it works great in all the tight spots!

#10772 1 year ago

Apologies if this has already been mentioned here, I saw this Infinity Stone pin set at Disneyland when I was there last week. $40 at one of the pin shops, probably online too. Cheap topper? Mod your gauntlet? Wear a different one every day and call it your mood pin???

7711334E-68F8-4AC7-AC61-0D6C1587C57E (resized).jpeg7711334E-68F8-4AC7-AC61-0D6C1587C57E (resized).jpeg
#10773 1 year ago
Quoted from pixelpete:

Easy mod if interested!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sometimes it’s the little things. Wow!

#10774 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I got blue- def dig that look. And welcome! I got mine in a temporary trade and assumed wouldn’t love it, and ended up buying it (the movie code sealed the deal for me- world of difference imho)

#10775 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Did you buy one of the kits or did you buy them individually?

Missed this question the first time around. Here's the kit I ordered: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1472

#10776 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

the movie code sealed the deal for me- world of difference imho

What are you referring to here? Is there an aftermarket code available for AIQ??

#10777 1 year ago

I recently picked up a Premium and I'm starting to have subway troubles.
Opto lock 3 is intermittently not registering.
I believe it may be an alignment issue but not sure.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Here's a shaky video showing the issue

#10778 1 year ago
Quoted from boogies:

I recently picked up a Premium and I'm starting to have subway troubles.
Opto lock 3 is intermittently not registering.
I believe it may be an alignment issue but not sure.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Here's a shaky video showing the issue

Unfortunately a fairly common issue on this mech. Lots of posts about it if you search this thread. Most likely it’s the following:

That third fork has a tendency to not raise fully, which causes the ball to be stopped beyond the opto beam. Usually caused by one of two things:

1) The forks are slightly out of alignment causing the third fork to get hung up on the plastic tray, or

2) The bar that connects the forks has some slop to it that causes the lever that pushes that bar up to slip to the side of that bar. That causes the fork to not be raised fully.

I’d try playing with slight alignment changes to the fork first to see if that resolves it. Otherwise, if it’s #2, there are some fixes that have been posted if you can’t get a replacement mech.

#10779 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

What are you referring to here? Is there an aftermarket code available for AIQ??

There is, but I don't think it's been updated to the newest code yet and I don't know if you can go backwards. You also can't use IC with it.

#10780 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

There is, but I don't think it's been updated to the newest code yet and I don't know if you can go backwards. You also can't use IC with it.

Correct, correct and correct, as I understand it

#10781 1 year ago

The mod version I have is 1.03 which does support insider connected. Just not the most recent home team feature which was added in 1.05. I don't have insider connected on my machine but I do know of a guardians currently using the pre-home team build with insider connected no issues. I've also gone forwards and backwards with firmwares no issue. The only machine I'm aware of you can't is newer builds of guardians which have node boards with new components on them that require a minimum of a specific version of the software. You can still go back to that minimum version though. YMMV

#10782 1 year ago

Reposting this from another club to see if anybody has any suggestions since my issues is not machine specific.

Joined the Star Wars Premium club (4th pin owned). Game is great and I'm glad they did another run however, i have run into a problem. After playing about 10 games the left flipper drooped about 3/4 to 1 inch below the alignment divot. Being that I'm still new to this pinball stuff (lots of fun with pins at the house now), I contacted Stern and the provided me with instructions on how to realign the flipper (loosen the setscrew, realign the flipper, and tighten). I followed the instructions but now the bracket on the plunger/crank assembly doesn't hold the flipper shaft at all (flipper slip is occurring). I torqued the setscrew it about as much as I could (even broke the washer that goes between the bracket and the screw) but it still doesn't hold it all.

I'm not sure what else to do besides ask Stern to send me a new plunger/crank assembly and replace the whole mech. I'm not sure if one of the brackets is bent or if the flipper shaft was made incorrectly and is just too small to be held by the assembly.

Does anybody have any other suggestions or have had this happen before (on Star Wars or another new Stern machine)?

Thanks for the help in advance!

R/
-AJB

#10783 1 year ago
Quoted from A_J_B:

After playing about 10 games the left flipper drooped about 3/4 to 1 inch below the alignment divot. Being that I'm still new to this pinball stuff (lots of fun with pins at the house now), I contacted Stern and the provided me with instructions on how to realign the flipper (loosen the setscrew, realign the flipper, and tighten). I followed the instructions but now the bracket on the plunger/crank assembly doesn't hold the flipper shaft at all (flipper slip is occurring). I torqued the setscrew it about as much as I could (even broke the washer that goes between the bracket and the screw) but it still doesn't hold it all.

When it comes to flipper slip, i usually rough up the part of the shaft that is being tightened down on with some course sandpaper and that usually solves the issue for me.

edit: I assumed this machine was new but if you've played a few games on it you should also check that your plunger is moving smoothly through your coil sleeve. A dirty/old coil sleeve and mushroomed plunger tip will also cause a plunger to stick (usually up though).

#10784 1 year ago

You also need to make sure that the EOS pawl doesn't rotate and catch on the head of one of flipper bracket mounting screws. This is common on Stern, and one of the most frustrating things to have to look after when you're tightening the shaft pinch bolt. It takes a lot of torque to properly tighten the pinch bolt on the shaft. Make sure you have a good allen wrench and I'll use an open-end wrench slipped over the allen key to gain some leverage to help with the tightening.

This really is one of those jobs that's hard to describe in writing. I'm sure someone has videos online of proper maintainence. No-doubt someone here will see this and post a link. Good luck.

#10785 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

You also need to make sure that the EOS pawl doesn't rotate and catch on the head of one of flipper bracket mounting screws. This is common on Stern, and one of the most frustrating things to have to look after when you're tightening the shaft pinch bolt. It takes a lot of torque to properly tighten the pinch bolt on the shaft.

I have exactly this problem on my AIQ too. The only way I could figure out to solve it was to just allow a *lot* of up-and-down play for the flipper on its shaft (about 3/16 inch where standard is 1/16) so that the EOS pawl could be far enough away from the surface to clear the flipper bracket mounting screws. Is there any better way to handle this?

#10786 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

. Is there any better way to handle this?

Yes. Keep the flipper gap small. You can either hold the pawl with pliers as you tighten it, or you can use a hammer and punch to rotate it back after you tighten the pinch bolt. I use the latter method on the right-hand flipper mechs (the ones in which the pawl will rotate down on tightening).

Here’s a few pics.

3EBD1AD4-3E82-468F-9FB1-FAE9D437579E (resized).jpeg3EBD1AD4-3E82-468F-9FB1-FAE9D437579E (resized).jpegCB7C9740-2469-4141-AF43-11057E953854 (resized).jpegCB7C9740-2469-4141-AF43-11057E953854 (resized).jpeg
#10787 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

That looks fantastic! Really, really well done.

Thanks DiabloRush! I wanted to power coat the rails and lock bar in the same manner. Not sure how difficult to remove the rails. I think they are glued down.

#10788 1 year ago

Playing tonight ran into an issue I’d never noticed before. Curious if anyone else thinks it qualifies as a bug.

Disc was up to start a battle. I cradled on the right to go after the one drop target that was up. Knocking it down would complete a row and award portal lock, so I wanted to hit that first before starting a battle.

I hit the drop, it dropped, and the ball bounced off a post and into the portal to start a battle. But it didn’t award the portal lock. It had me select the battle, and then after I did that I saw the lcd screen animation come up for awarding a portal lock from the grid. But the battle started without it and the portal lock was instead available after that battle.

Seems like the portal lock should have been awarded for the first battle since the drops were hit before going into the hole to start the battle. Does that seem right?

#10789 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Playing tonight ran into an issue I’d never noticed before. Curious if anyone else thinks it qualifies as a bug.
Disc was up to start a battle. I cradled on the right to go after the one drop target that was up. Knocking it down would complete a row and award portal lock, so I wanted to hit that first before starting a battle.
I hit the drop, it dropped, and the ball bounced off a post and into the portal to start a battle. But it didn’t award the portal lock. It had me select the battle, and then after I did that I saw the lcd screen animation come up for awarding a portal lock from the grid. But the battle started without it and the portal lock was instead available after that battle.
Seems like the portal lock should have been awarded for the first battle since the drops were hit before going into the hole to start the battle. Does that seem right?

Yeah, sounds like a bug - timing or sequence issue and I think I have had had similar or the same happen.

Of course when I want the sequencing to be off like when I accidentally hit Thor captive ball to start a multiball and ricochet into the portal which would have started a battle (usually with 2 staged portal locks), but instead I start Thor multiball...

#10790 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah, sounds like a bug - timing or sequence issue and I think I have had had similar or the same happen.
Of course when I want the sequencing to be off like when I accidentally hit Thor captive ball to start a multiball and ricochet into the portal which would have started a battle (usually with 2 staged portal locks), but instead I start Thor multiball...

Lol, so true! Bugs never seem to go in our favor!

#10791 1 year ago

Anyone here have any advice for installing Spiders code using a Mac…

#10792 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I would guess that was just timing - it takes a couple seconds for the grid animation showing the award, and the ball got into the portal and started the quest before that.

The alternate explanation is that you already had two portal locks, in which case another one will wait until the next quest, though that doesn't sound like the case here.

#10793 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I would guess that was just timing - it takes a couple seconds for the grid animation showing the award, and the ball got into the portal and started the quest before that.
The alternate explanation is that you already had two portal locks, in which case another one will wait until the next quest, though that doesn't sound like the case here.

Yep, I didn't already have 2 portal locks. It was a timing bug. The portal lock was earned before the ball went into the disc to select a quest. But the quest started and then the portal lock wasn't recognized until after that quest ended. Should have been the other way around. Since the portal lock was earned before the ball went in the disc, both the portal lock and quest should have been active at the same time when the ball went into the disc so I could get it in that battle.

#10794 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, I didn't already have 2 portal locks. It was a timing bug. The portal lock was earned before the ball went into the disc to select a quest. But the quest started and then the portal lock wasn't recognized until after that quest ended. Should have been the other way around. Since the portal lock was earned before the ball went in the disc, both the portal lock and quest should have been active at the same time when the ball went into the disc so I could get it in that battle.

You should email Stern about it, though not sure if they will do anything about it at this point... Still waiting on the Final Wizard Mode defeat of Mr.Sinister Animation in Deadpool... it just shows a gray box for about 10 seconds!

I have emailed Stern about bugs in the past and sometimes they respond with more questions. I had an issue in earlier AIQ code where I played the Battle Royale mini game and under some situations - it would continue with a regular game when the mini game finished and they fixed that.

#10795 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Since the portal lock was earned before the ball went in the disc, both the portal lock and quest should have been active at the same time when the ball went into the disc so I could get it in that battle.

Well, whether it's a bug is a matter of semantics. Do you earn the portal lock at the instant the drop target falls, or do you earn the portal lock when the animation plays out and says so? If it's the latter, that isn't necessarily a bug, you could say that's the design and it's working as designed.

#10796 1 year ago

Oh my goodness. You guys aren't going to believe this one. I'm not sure I do either.

gc 11b.JPGgc 11b.JPG

gc 11b space gem.JPGgc 11b space gem.JPG

gc 11b soul gem jackpot.JPGgc 11b soul gem jackpot.JPG

gc 11b trophy mania.JPGgc 11b trophy mania.JPG

Blew away my previous high by more than 5 billion. The differences were in the Space Gem quest plus its Soul Gem Jackpot (about 1.5 billion difference total), Trophy Mania (another 1.5), bonus (1 billion total - had 390M on one incredibly long ball, plus got Collect Bonus from the grid when it was at 350M, plus had the multiplier held for another 200M next ball), and the rest from assorted Binary hurryups and combos and such.

The Space Gem quest went so huge like this - it comes from the Reality Gem on level-2 Hulk, since all the quest's scoring is concentrated on this one shot. The third attack shot scores 3M base x3 for portal locks x4 for a parry combo on the upper loop x4 for Reality Gem, which comes to 144M. The first two attack shots scored a few tens of millions as well, to a total of around 240M. Then the final blow on Panther collects 60% of the quest value so far x2 for level 2 = 288M, for a quest total of 538M. And I got the Soul Gem Jackpot for 250% of that, on Captain Marvel at 5x, of course.

And I got in the biggest groove I've ever seen on Trophy Mania. Three different times I railed off 8 to 10 consecutive gauntlet ramp shots to get the add-a-ball each time (this is what to do in Trophy Mania, catch everything you can on the right flipper and loop the Gauntlet ramp with one ball.) I got a lot of disc spins early on to raise the value as well. I got the super jackpot three times, going up to about 250m for the last. Also had Reality Gem on level-2 Black Widow which added quite a bit for that shot along the way as well.

This was all still on 1.03 code, so not the higher Thor and Gamma scoring. (Too bad - with those in place I probably would have made 12 billion.)

#10797 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Oh my goodness. You guys aren't going to believe this one. I'm not sure I do either.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Blew away my previous high by more than 5 billion. The differences were in the Space Gem quest plus its Soul Gem Jackpot (about 1.5 billion difference total), Trophy Mania (another 1.5), bonus (1 billion total - had 390M on one incredibly long ball, plus got Collect Bonus from the grid when it was at 350M, plus had the multiplier held for another 200M next ball), and the rest from assorted Binary hurryups and combos and such.
The Space Gem quest went so huge like this - it comes from the Reality Gem on level-2 Hulk, since all the quest's scoring is concentrated on this one shot. The third attack shot scores 3M base x3 for portal locks x4 for a parry combo on the upper loop x4 for Reality Gem, which comes to 144M. The first two attack shots scored a few tens of millions as well, to a total of around 240M. Then the final blow on Panther collects 60% of the quest value so far x2 for level 2 = 288M, for a quest total of 538M. And I got the Soul Gem Jackpot for 250% of that, on Captain Marvel at 5x, of course.
And I got in the biggest groove I've ever seen on Trophy Mania. Three different times I railed off 8 to 10 consecutive gauntlet ramp shots to get the add-a-ball each time (this is what to do in Trophy Mania, catch everything you can on the right flipper and loop the Gauntlet ramp with one ball.) I got a lot of disc spins early on to raise the value as well. I got the super jackpot three times, going up to about 250m for the last. Also had Reality Gem on level-2 Black Widow which added quite a bit for that shot along the way as well.
This was all still on 1.03 code, so not the higher Thor and Gamma scoring. (Too bad - with those in place I probably would have made 12 billion.)

Damn Dude, that's F'n impressive! Way to go vikingerik !

I haven't been playing AIQ as much since the game times are so long, but I did concentrate on it the couple weeks for the Stern Worldwide Leaderboard and only hit 5.8 Billion for second place and that score didn't even get me on my own leaderboard.

I can fully appreciate "putting it all together" in a single game and man everything must have gone right this game!

#10798 1 year ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

Anyone here have any advice for installing Spiders code using a Mac…

Boot Camp. Parallels will do it but it takes a LONG time.

#10799 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I haven't been playing AIQ as much since the game times are so long

Yeah I feel that too. I started playing this game to fill a little time before dinner. When it was over, I'd missed the closing time for the restaurant I was going to grab dinner from. The joy was somewhat diluted by being really hungry.

Quoted from awesome1:

I can fully appreciate "putting it all together" in a single game and man everything must have gone right this game!

It wasn't quite everything, that's what surprised me. The big things were Space Gem and its Soul jackpot, Trophy Mania, and the bonus. Everything else was no more than decent - I got all the way around to both Black Order MB and Battle Royale twice, but scored peanuts on them both times and also Computer Frenzy and Super Victory Laps (all under 200M.) It was only those three big areas that blew this game up.

#10800 1 year ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Boot Camp. Parallels will do it but it takes a LONG time.

Does it run smoothly using BC? I really didn’t want to use parallels…

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
8,924 (OBO)
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
7,400 (Firm)
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/216 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.