4FEC3A69-766B-45A3-9521-36D6892DFC5F (resized).jpeg
D5D9D6B5-F06E-4449-A676-7C45B1FC9443 (resized).jpeg
A336421F-34A1-412E-921A-ECE78AD2CFCE (resized).jpeg
pinballs (resized).JPG
IMG_20220924_190717350_HDR (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 7.56.54 PM (resized).jpg
89A6B3F5-43A5-43F2-BD02-9997EE063D56 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 218.
#10651 52 days ago
Quoted from nstern2:

So I realized my inner loop opto on my pro hasn't been working since I got my machine 2 weeks ago. I hopped underneath and saw that there was a screw screwed in under the opto bracket causing one side to not sit flat on the underside of the playfield. The opto works if that screw is removed and the bracket is allowed to sit flat on the playfield underside. I stupidly didn't take a pic before I unscrewed it, but it is the screw hole I circled in my image. Am I a dum dum or is the inner loop opto bracket supposed to have a screw underneath it? Also what was that screw holding in place? Was it the gauntlet ramp?
Also I am just realizing playing without that opto makes the game super hard. So many portal locks after I got it working again.
[quoted image]

Here’s a pic of mine. The screw on mine is in a slightly different spot than it was on yours. So I’m guessing it’s there to help hold in the T-nut. That t-nut holds the post that has an attachment point to the wire return for the Gauntlet ramp.

C485F82B-C4DA-412D-B495-AF0B22401180 (resized).jpeg
#10652 52 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Here’s a pic of mine. The screw on mine is in a slightly different spot than it was on yours. So I’m guessing it’s there to help hold in the T-nut. That t-nut holds the post that has an attachment point to the wire return for the Gauntlet ramp. [quoted image]

Thanks for the pic. Looks like I am going to just move the screw up slightly. Seems weird to me that both the original owner and Stern at the factory missed this.

#10653 51 days ago

Hello, I have a little problem with my pinball machine. In the middle of the game, the balls are ejected one after the other into the ball launch corridor. So I find myself with all the balls in this corridor and the launch of the balls does not take place!!! Any idea ?
Thanks for your help !
Lionel.

#10654 51 days ago
Quoted from lionelpo91:

Hello, I have a little problem with my pinball machine. In the middle of the game, the balls are ejected one after the other into the ball launch corridor. So I find myself with all the balls in this corridor and the launch of the balls does not take place!!! Any idea ?
Thanks for your help !
Lionel.

Check your shooter lane switch to make sure it is registering correctly. Seems like the game doesn't think a ball is in the shooter lane, so keeps sending more out.

#10655 51 days ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Hulk doesnt seem to be registering…spinner does does the lane doesnt seem too. And sometimes it registers after the monument shot…
Suggestions?

Means the bottom Hulk switch isn’t registering

#10657 51 days ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Means the bottom Hulk switch isn’t registering

Is the CA “reverse orbit “ shot registering? My understanding is both the Hulk and the CA shot need both switches registering, it’s the order they’re tripped that determines which shot is made.

That said, I’ve had a clean hulk shot fail to register a few times. I’ve even seen it happen on a stream. My theory is the ball might be skipping over the second switch, thereby not tripping it. That’s pinball…

#10658 51 days ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Is the CA “reverse orbit “ shot registering? My understanding is both the Hulk and the CA shot need both switches registering, it’s the order they’re tripped that determines which shot is made.
That said, I’ve had a clean hulk shot fail to register a few times. I’ve even seen it happen on a stream. My theory is the ball might be skipping over the second switch, thereby not tripping it. That’s pinball…

CA was gtg.
Easiest to see in Soul Gem mode.
Noticed the the wire was not fully returning to open after depressed. Lifted the playfield and bent the “latch” on the wire end a little. This allows the wire to travel “ a little” farther letting the switch button fully return to open.

#10659 51 days ago

Damn, was hoping to get a score up on the stern leaderboard but looks like Awesome1 already has a good one up (~4B)

#10660 50 days ago
Quoted from Maniac227:

Damn, was hoping to get a score up on the stern leaderboard but looks like Awesome1 already has a good one up (~4B)

Yeah, this should be fun! Got a few games in this afternoon, but may not get a chance to play again until the weekend unfortunately, but looking forward to seeing how high we can all go!

Fun way to have some competition!

Screenshot 2022-08-15 172401 (resized).jpg
#10661 50 days ago

alright, be honest. do you think GZ is better than AIQ? I like both, but GZ seems markedly better, and I don't care for either theme. am i the only one?

Elwin is king of stern, forever regardless. we are all at the mercy of theme selections now. Thank god for great PF designs and unique shots

#10662 50 days ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

alright, be honest. do you think GZ is better than AIQ? I like both, but GZ seems markedly better, and I don't care for either theme. am i the only one?
Elwin is king of stern, forever regardless. we are all at the mercy of theme selections now. Thank god for great PF designs and unique shots

I personally haven't connected with GZ other than its dry humor, but I've only owned it for a few weeks. But it took me a year to connect with AIQ, but once I got AIQ I really enjoyed AIQ. It took me awhile to get over the just flat out horrible callouts at times, and overally general lack of assets. But once you know the rules/coding you understand its overall brilliance and balance. AIQ is a top 10 pin without a doubt.

#10663 50 days ago
Quoted from palmab03:

I personally haven't connected with GZ other than its dry humor, but I've only owned it for a few weeks. But it took me a year to connect with AIQ (and get over the horrid callouts and lack of licensed assets) , but once I got AIQ I really enjoyed AIQ. AIQ is a top 10 pin without a doubt.

#10664 50 days ago

I think AIQ is a much better shooter than Godzilla, but i think Godzilla has done a better job than AIQ with its animations/callouts and having lots of stuff to do.
In Godzilla you have the option to do missions, tanks, bridges, powerlines, jet fighters, saucers, power ups, and allies.

Sometimes it feels like they didn't really polish the code side of AIQ as much as they should have.
But for me a good shooter is my highest priority so AIQ is my favorite.

#10665 50 days ago

I have a question, I have had problems with the node 8 board of my AIQ premium. I moved several connectors and now there is one that I remember exactly where it belongs... can you show me a photograph of your board so I know where I should place it when the distributor sends me the new board? It is the connector that goes from the board to the opto board.

#10666 50 days ago

I have both games in Premium... AIQ almost 2 years and Godzilla only 4 months.

Godzilla is a theme I like very much, so I may be biased.

Godzilla theme integration, video and audio is much better than AIQ.

I like the flow of AIQ better though.. you can keep stringing shots together whereas Godzilla doesn't let you do that or doesn't reward you for doing it. Godzilla doesn't have a shot as cool as the Captain Marvel ramp...

Code depth seems similar, both are very deep and broad.

I have gotten to the point where I don't play AIQ nearly as much, just because I've gotten 'good' at it and finished it many times. It fits my playing style of comboing and shooting a fair amount on the fly, which leads to longer play times.

Godzilla is still the new game and I'm still in the honeymoon phase of trying to fully 'beat it'. Godzilla is more of the complete package - similar to Deadpool in that regard in my opinion, but I still love AIQ as well!

#10667 50 days ago

Alright gang, I need some help from the vets this time. I am getting ready to do my first cleaning at almost 500 games with some ball trails starting to form in the inlanes. I have probably watched about 3 1/2 hours worth of videos as well as reading a good deal of stuff from VID's cleaning and waxing thread but I still haven't been able to find anything for our specific game. Do any of you have any specific advice for cleaning the subway? I have found some things about cleaning plastic subways but before I dig in I was going to see if I could get some help from those of you who may have already done it. If this has already been handled in this thread I apologize, please just point me to those post.

#10668 50 days ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Alright gang, I need some help from the vets this time. I am getting ready to do my first cleaning at almost 500 games with some ball trails starting to form in the inlanes. I have probably watched about 3 1/2 hours worth of videos as well as reading a good deal of stuff from VID's cleaning and waxing thread but I still haven't been able to find anything for our specific game. Do any of you have any specific advice for cleaning the subway? I have found some things about cleaning plastic subways but before I dig in I was going to see if I could get some help from those of you who may have already done it. If this has already been handled in this thread I apologize, please just point me to those post.

It’s pretty smooth plastic. I’d think a rag dampened with whatever light cleaner you use (I use Wizard’s Mist n Shine) or just lightly damp with water should do the trick. I’d be surprised if anything special or specific would be needed for it.

#10669 50 days ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Not really a vet here but my research says best way to clean is to vacuum and then use Naptha. That’s it. Then wax. I would assume same for subway. It’s easy to take apart if you want. Otherwise it has a really thick clearcoat

#10670 50 days ago
Quoted from palmab03:

I personally haven't connected with GZ other than its dry humor, but I've only owned it for a few weeks. But it took me a year to connect with AIQ, but once I got AIQ I really enjoyed AIQ. It took me awhile to get over the just flat out horrible callouts at times, and overally general lack of assets. But once you know the rules/coding you understand its overall brilliance and balance. AIQ is a top 10 pin without a doubt.

I’m gonna second that! This is my first pin(always wanted one) and will probably be my last! It’s that good! The ramps suck you in and the code keeps you coming back for more! No trades for me. Instant classic IMO

#10671 50 days ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

I’m gonna second that! This is my first pin(always wanted one) and will probably be my last! It’s that good! The ramps suck you in and the code keeps you coming back for more! No trades for me. Instant classic IMO

I am with you, the pin that got me into pinball was roller coaster tycoon and from then on I was a ramp guy. My AIQ Premium is ramp heaven and the code and difficulty just keep me coming back for more, trying to do better. I will probably add Jurassic Park Premium for similar code/ramp/difficulty reasons and then I will be done for a while. As a teacher I just can't afford much more right now but two pins by King Elwin and his crew will do.

#10672 49 days ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

I am with you, the pin that got me into pinball was roller coaster tycoon and from then on I was a ramp guy. My AIQ Premium is ramp heaven and the code and difficulty just keep me coming back for more, trying to do better. I will probably add Jurassic Park Premium for similar code/ramp/difficulty reasons and then I will be done for a while. As a teacher I just can't afford much more right now but two pins by King Elwin and his crew will do.

You really can’t find a better set of games to have if you can only have two. They both have great code and awesome playfield layouts that are just a blast to play.

#10673 48 days ago

Does anyone know how to solve the flying balls of the target of the eye of agamoto?

#10674 48 days ago

I've also had problems with the ramp of captain marvel... it didn't register the ball passing through the ramp... the culprit is the switch that is closest to ant-man... I have bent the switch wire a bit to that registers the ball pass but it seems that over time it stops registering the ball pass again.... has anyone had this problem too? how do I solve it? change the switch for another design?

#10675 48 days ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I've also had problems with the ramp of captain marvel... it didn't register the ball passing through the ramp... the culprit is the switch that is closest to ant-man... I have bent the switch wire a bit to that registers the ball pass but it seems that over time it stops registering the ball pass again.... has anyone had this problem too? how do I solve it? change the switch for another design?

Bending the switch arm out is the solution. You may need to bend it a little further.

#10676 48 days ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Does anyone know how to solve the flying balls of the target of the eye of agamoto?

This can happen - broke my plastic above it...

I've seen wedges made to help with this, but I haven't tried them myself since my plastic already broke, it shouldn't do any more damage . I still get an occasional air ball off of it from time to time.

#10677 48 days ago

The problem is that the ball jumps and goes up the ramps. what are the wedges?

#10678 48 days ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Doblar el brazo del interruptor es la solución. Es posible que deba doblarlo un poco más.

that's what i did but i'm scared i'll break it by bending it.

#10679 48 days ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

As awesome1 said try gently pulling forward on the target to change the angle of the target. Another option is to turn down flipper power a bit.

#10680 48 days ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Doblar el brazo del interruptor es la solución. Es posible que deba doblarlo un poco más.

with the objective outside the machine?

#10681 48 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

As awesome1 said try gently pulling forward on the target to change the angle of the target. Another option is to turn down flipper power a bit.

Swinks also has a bracket that leans the target forward to help is prevent air balls

#10682 48 days ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

with the objective outside the machine?

No, I just bent mine in place on the wireform. You can hold the arm so it doesn't try to stress the pivot point... you just want to bend the metal arm out into the wireform path a little more.

#10683 48 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Swinks también tiene un soporte que inclina el objetivo hacia adelante para ayudar a prevenir bolas de aire.

that would be good for me...

#10684 48 days ago
Quoted from awesome1:

No, solo doblé el mío en su lugar en la forma de alambre. Puede sujetar el brazo para que no intente estresar el punto de pivote... solo quiere doblar un poco más el brazo de metal en la trayectoria de la forma de alambre.

Are you talking about Diana de Agamoto or Captain Marvel's Switch?

#10685 48 days ago

So I missed a couple of spots when trying to clean this bad boy. Right underneath the two wireforms for the black panther ramp and the black widow ramp there are still small parts of what looks like dirt where the ball drops onto the plastic protectors. Two of the areas that needed the most cleaning I completely spaced on. I will pop the glass off again this weekend and have another go on just those spots. I did notice with all the wireforms running around it is pretty hard to get my hand in some places where I feel like I need to give it a better clean, like the Hulk orbit. Also I am looking into waxing it but it seems people have differing opinions about waxing the machine. I read over VID's cleaning and waxing guide but with the argument over using wax vs just novus 2, I got a little confused on whether or not I should after reading about the damage wax can do to the post. Kinda worried I will put too much wax on the machine but I am more of a visual learner so I looked at some of the Buffalo Pinball videos on cleaning and waxing but I still don't feel any more comfortable with waxing. Do you guys wax this machine and if so do you remove anything/do you remove and clean the subway (I also didn't do that)? I want to be able to take care of my own machine but I am starting to consider trying to find someone to clean it for me. I feel like I am putting in a pretty good bit of research in the best ways to take care of this thing as suggested by many pinsiders but as for waxing I am just not comfortable yet. I have done some other things like installing a shaker motor, lifting the playfield to install the Stern art blades, fixed some wiring issues a couple of times, and I keep waiting for something to go wrong mechanically so I can take my first shot at fixing it. Am I overthinking this whole waxing thing?

My family, my friends, and I have put just under 500 plays on this machine in two months and I plan on using it for a long time so I want to be able to take care of it but at the same time I don't want to damage it not knowing really what I am doing. I know this might not be the perfect place to post these questions but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#10686 48 days ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Are you talking about Diana de Agamoto or Captain Marvel's Switch?

Captain Marvel on the wireform.

Also as others mentioned - You can bend the Sanctum Dr. Strange target forward as well to possibly lessen the airballs. The wedges I mentioned - I'm sure you can find them on pinside pretty cheap - lean the target forward.

Edit: Found these: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1377-hippies-haven/05733-anti-airball-target-bracket-wedge

#10687 48 days ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

So I missed a couple of spots when trying to clean this bad boy. Right underneath the two wireforms for the black panther ramp and the black widow ramp there are still small parts of what looks like dirt where the ball drops onto the plastic protectors. Two of the areas that needed the most cleaning I completely spaced on. I will pop the glass off again this weekend and have another go on just those spots. I did notice with all the wireforms running around it is pretty hard to get my hand in some places where I feel like I need to give it a better clean, like the Hulk orbit. Also I am looking into waxing it but it seems people have differing opinions about waxing the machine. I read over VID's cleaning and waxing guide but with the argument over using wax vs just novus 2, I got a little confused on whether or not I should after reading about the damage wax can do to the post. Kinda worried I will put too much wax on the machine but I am more of a visual learner so I looked at some of the Buffalo Pinball videos on cleaning and waxing but I still don't feel any more comfortable with waxing. Do you guys wax this machine and if so do you remove anything/do you remove and clean the subway (I also didn't do that)? I want to be able to take care of my own machine but I am starting to consider trying to find someone to clean it for me. I feel like I am putting in a pretty good bit of research in the best ways to take care of this thing as suggested by many pinsiders but as for waxing I am just not comfortable yet. I have done some other things like installing a shaker motor, lifting the playfield to install the Stern art blades, fixed some wiring issues a couple of times, and I keep waiting for something to go wrong mechanically so I can take my first shot at fixing it. Am I overthinking this whole waxing thing?
My family, my friends, and I have put just under 500 plays on this machine in two months and I plan on using it for a long time so I want to be able to take care of it but at the same time I don't want to damage it not knowing really what I am doing. I know this might not be the perfect place to post these questions but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You can get a million different responses on cleaning and waxing, so do what you are comfortable with.

Personally I do clean and wax. You can roll the micro fiber towel up to get in the hard to reach areas. You can also use something like a chop stick or drum stick to push the towel around in hard to reach areas.

I just use Novus 1 on the towel to clean playfield, ramps, rubbers and balls. I also change balls out around every 500 games once they are scuffed up.

You can use Wizard's Mist and Shine or similar to act as a wax and speed up the play. It is easy to put on and buff out with your hand.

Most that do wax will recommend pure Carnauba. To me, it's too difficult to work with and leaves powdery residue. I have tried many things and currently use a Graphene spray wax. Super easy to put on and buff off like the Wizard's, but lasts longer in my opinion and may also be a little faster - and the Wizard's is noticeably faster than not using anything.

Modern games like AIQ are clearcoated and for home use probably don't even need wax - so it really is up to you. Any type of cleaning and changing the balls out will give you years of having a nice playfield.

#10688 48 days ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

First, it’s awesome that you’re all having fun and playing it a bunch!

I’d say don’t over think cleaning too much. You’ve already done the hard part in scouring forums looking for ideas. Now just proceed to do what you’re comfortable with. When it comes to caring for your machine, whatever it is your thinking of doing, if you’ll be happiest having done it then that’s what you should do.

I’m not an expert by any means, but I’ve had 6 machines over the past 3+ years and I think they’ve all stayed looking pretty good. Here’s a link to a post I made about what I use:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/143#post-6315907

When I do my light cleaning with Mist N Shine I just get everywhere my hand can reach. Occasionally when I do a deeper cleaning I remove wire forms to get at the whole playfield.

Note that if you use the RC-88 on rubbers I think you need to make sure you only get it on the rubber you’re cleaning. I think I recall it’s not good to get it on the clear coat or plastics but I’m not sure. I just make sure to wet a very small spot on the rag and only hit the rubber with that spot.

I like waxing my all my machines, and I feel like it makes the biggest impact on Avengers. After waxing the ball really flies through the shots and after doing it I can even backhand the gauntlet ramp on the fly from the right flipper until the wax starts to wear off a bit.

Waxing is really, super easy. I just use a microfiber cloth to apply it in a circular motion all over the playfield. Then I wait about 45 minutes to an hour and use a couple other microfibers to wipe off the film/residue. That’s all there is to it.

I have about 9,000 balls played on it and I’ve never cleaned the subway on the game. Haven’t felt it to be necessary. But if you’ll be happier having done it then I’d say do it. I do occasionally clean the ball trough though.

I remember thinking the same way as what you’re going through when I got my first machine, and like you I read a ton in different forums on Pinside and settled on what I was going to do to take care of the machines. I remember being nervous about whether or not I was doing something wrong or if I was missing something I should be doing. But it sounds like you’re on the right track so I’d say trust your judgment and do what you’re comfortable doing.

#10689 47 days ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Check your shooter lane switch to make sure it is registering correctly. Seems like the game doesn't think a ball is in the shooter lane, so keeps sending more out.

Hi thanks for your help. I have checked this switch and I have no error on it too. So I have unplug and plug again the different RJ45 cables on node card under playfield and it seems to fix the problem.

I have to see this a long time in playing to make sure this action definitively fix the problem.

#10690 47 days ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Capitán Marvel en forma de alambre.
También como otros mencionaron: también puede doblar el objetivo Sanctum Dr. Strange hacia adelante para posiblemente disminuir las bolas de aire. Las cuñas que mencioné, estoy seguro de que puedes encontrarlas bastante baratas en el pinside, inclinan el objetivo hacia adelante.
Editar: encontré estos: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1377-hippies-haven/05733-anti-airball-target-bracket-wedge

Thanks!!!

#10691 47 days ago
Quoted from greben0ts:

This looks real cool!

Thanks! My wife thinks I should selll them.

#10692 46 days ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Quoted from Maniac227:

I think AIQ is a much better shooter than Godzilla, but i think Godzilla has done a better job than AIQ with its animations/callouts and having lots of stuff to do.
In Godzilla you have the option to do missions, tanks, bridges, powerlines, jet fighters, saucers, power ups, and allies.
Sometimes it feels like they didn't really polish the code side of AIQ as much as they should have.
But for me a good shooter is my highest priority so AIQ is my favorite.

Spider’s movie video/audio code rectifies the worst part of this game.

#10693 46 days ago

Another shout out to SirSnarf and their Thanos gauntlet mod. Night and day improvement over the Stern gauntlet.

As a bonus I was able to put my expensive textbooks to more use as well.

PXL_20220820_215729484 (resized).jpgPXL_20220820_224940788 (resized).jpg
#10694 45 days ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

Another shout out to SirSnarf and their Thanos gauntlet mod. Night and day improvement over the Stern gauntlet.
As a bonus I was able to put my expensive textbooks to more use as well.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that looks awesome. Are both (head and hand) from him ? Is there a link to the shop ?

#10695 45 days ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Wow, that looks awesome. Are both (head and hand) from him ? Is there a link to the shop ?

Just the gauntlet. DM them directly and see when they are doing another batch.

#10696 45 days ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

Just the gauntlet. DM them directly and see when they are doing another batch.

Ok thank you

Where did you get the head from ?

#10697 44 days ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Ok thank you
Where did you get the head from ?

Yea, what he said?

#10698 44 days ago

I've been searching for a set of cake topper size minis to go in this game to better represent the shots for guests. I'm thinking 2-3 inches tall. The mods for $40+ each are too big for my tastes besides being too expensive for what they are. Does anyone have any ideas?

#10699 43 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Yea, what he said?

He will make an other batch, but he need the original gauntlet. And this is where the problem starts. Are there any available in the USA ?

#10700 43 days ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

He will make an other batch, but he need the original gauntlet. And this is where the problem starts. Are there any available in the USA ?

Where did the Thanos head come from?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, MA
6,500 (Firm)
$ 699.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 10,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 218.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!