04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 255.
#951 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Still waiting on my "LE" machine. Distributor says it will ship tomorrow... He's sending it Fedex freight. Couldn;t really talk him out of it. Fingers Crossed? never used them before.

Probably coming direct from Stern. My two (EHoH & AIQ) both came FedEx Freight and had no problems.

#952 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Probably coming direct from Stern. My two (EHoH & AIQ) both came FedEx Freight and had no problems.

GOOD DEAL ! I have been up in arms about this all afternoon.... Seriously worried about it because I don't know much about them. I understand shipping is basically like Russian Roulette - but good to know some people had good experiences. I know all my NAVL (STI) shipments have always been fine over 20 years, but just no experience with anyone else.

#953 3 years ago

I had a CGC come FedEx freight no issues

#954 3 years ago

My LE will finally get here tomorrow...Soo can't wait. You all are killing me with the awesome game room photos.

#955 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Still waiting on my "LE" machine. Distributor says it will ship tomorrow... He's sending it Fedex freight. Couldn;t really talk him out of it. Fingers Crossed? never used them before.

FedEx freight is awesome. I am glad they are being used.

#956 3 years ago

I am going to throw out there with some unbiased feedback-this is my first stern nib game. I bailed on JP2 because i had some concerns on the playfield-This game is really good fellas. Playfield looks good and the gameplay is fantastic. If LE’s come up (with warrenty) for MSRP, consider jumping in. It is a GREAT game.

#957 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Gold coin door bezels installed
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks sweet. The Bezels make that DOOR POP!
Where do you get plated coin bezels AT?

#958 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Should be fine.

#959 3 years ago

Played a lot of games on my le today. It’s awesome. The extra ramp and mystery kick out to that ramp for the prem/le is a game changer vs pro.

#960 3 years ago

I pick up my LE tomorrow, I have heard about some issues with the opto on the Dr Strange spinning disc. I saw a pro today at a local shop and it did not work and they had been adjusting it a few times and still could not get it to work correctly. I saw a mention about it several pages back, has anyone heard more about this and is there something that fixes this issue when it occurs. thanks for your feedback.

#961 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

I pick up my LE tomorrow, I have heard about some issues with the opto on the Dr Strange spinning disc. I saw a pro today at a local shop and it did not work and they had been adjusting it a few times and still could not get it to work correctly. I saw a mention about it several pages back, has anyone heard more about this and is there something that fixes this issue when it occurs. thanks for your feedback.

On the Marco stream a while back they showed the switch test for the portal spinning thing. It should show rpms from 10 to 1,000 rpm. If it doesnt register ther are (i think) two magnetic telometry sensors that may need to be adjusted a tiny bit closer to the mech shaft

#962 3 years ago

Can someone with an LE in hand already shoot Cliffy some pics and measurements of the shooter and some pics of the VUK scoop top side and bottom side, want to get my LE bullet proofed ASAP.

Btw how are you guys enjoying AIQ? JJP blew the roof off with a hat GnR reveal but I’m still super excited for my AIQ.

#963 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can someone with an LE in hand already shoot Cliffy some pics and measurements of the shooter and some pics of the VUK scoop top side and bottom side, want to get my LE bullet proofed ASAP.
Btw how are you guys enjoying AIQ? JJP blew the roof off with a hat GnR reveal but I’m still super excited for my AIQ.

Curious how you will protect the scoop when there aren't any cliffy's available yet? Did I miss it somewhere in the thread?

#964 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

That looks sweet. The Bezels make that DOOR POP!
Where do you get plated coin bezels AT?

Pinball life

#965 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Curious how you will protect the scoop when there aren't any cliffy's available yet? Did I miss it somewhere in the thread?

Sorry mate think my message above got lost in translation my fault, I was asking above if anyone with an LE in hand could shoot cliffy some photos and measurements over of the VUK scoop and shooter lane so he can get a couple of protectors knocked up.

#966 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Gold coin door bezels installed
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you order the yellow T molding from? Your pin looks awesome.

#967 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

My TMNT came FedEx Frieght. Great experience.

#968 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Where did you order the yellow T molding from? Your pin looks awesome.

T-molding.com has some. You have to Order in 20 feet but you’ll use less

#969 3 years ago

Finally got my Premium ordered, can’t wait! Here’s to hoping they actually make it to the line next week

#970 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sorry mate think my message above got lost in translation my fault, I was asking above if anyone with an LE in hand could shoot cliffy some photos and measurements over of the VUK scoop and shooter lane so he can get a couple of protectors knocked up.

I gotcha. No problem at all. I thought maybe I glossed over a post about them.

Hopefully there will be protectors soon. I hate to beat up my machines!

#971 3 years ago

Got my game yesterday and started working on a few mods, including lighting Thanos' eyes tied into the gauntlet spotlight, adding some blue light to the back left, which was pretty dark, and adding a green trough light.
More to come...

PXL_20201008_134901123 (resized).jpgPXL_20201008_134901123 (resized).jpgPXL_20201008_140934948 (resized).jpgPXL_20201008_140934948 (resized).jpgPXL_20201008_140940327 (resized).jpgPXL_20201008_140940327 (resized).jpg
#972 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

adding a green trough light

This completely washes out Cap's shield and the surrounding red/yellow explosion. Horrible color clash. But I guess there's an ass for every seat.

#973 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

This completely washes out Cap's shield and the surrounding red/yellow explosion. Horrible color clash. But I guess there's an ass for every seat.

That’s the effect from the camera, it’s not washed out in person. But I get it, you don’t like it. White may be a better color.

Here's white, before and after.

IMG_20201008_132910 (resized).jpgIMG_20201008_132910 (resized).jpg
#974 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

People pay 40-60 bucks for that shit!

#975 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That’s the effect from the camera, it’s not washed out in person. But I get it, you don’t like it. White may be a better color.
[quoted image]

100x better man, makes the shield pop nicely. But why light the trough? I’ve always wondered that as I kinda think once I’ve lost my ball I don’t need it lit up to watch it drain, or does it actually project a decent amount of light up the playfield?

#976 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

People pay 40-60 bucks for that shit!

no, more like $16 shipped in US

Quoted from J85M:

100x better man, makes the shield pop nicely. But why light the trough? I’ve always wondered that as I kinda think once I’ve lost my ball I don’t need it lit up to watch it drain, or does it actually project a decent amount of light up the playfield?

yes, it does provide more light up the playfield, but it's more intended as accent lighting, not to flood the playfield.

#977 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

White is 100% better!

#978 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

no, more like $16 shipped in US

Sorry should have been clear I didn’t mean specifically that one thing, I ment a combination of lighting scoops, ramp entrances/exits, shooter lanes, troughs etc

I always add a couple of spotlights to my Sterns usually off the slings, lights the centre of the playfield up nicely without spending silly money on something like pinstadiums. Occasionally I’ll add one up the back somewhere but always go white with ZY art, the man’s work is perfect!

#979 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I was told last week, to expect it in about 5 weeks in Canada. Mid-November to be safe. I think we typically get these a bit later than the US though, so take that for what it's worth.

Funny, it used to be that the Export games were built first, and since Canada was the closest export point, we'd end up getting games early. I seem to remember one of the guys around here getting the first Tron LE back when those were new. I know P1 originally said they were hoping for mid-october for premiums when I put my deposit down, so hoping to pick up my game from them before the end of the month.

#980 3 years ago

I am having VERY frequent dumping of the ball off of the ramp as it comes across the playfield so that it does not make the right inlane. I've seen several mentions of this in the thread. I have tried changing the pitch of the machine, checked that it is level, and with my hands tried to see if I could bend up the ramp a little. None have worked. Has anyone found a solution? It seems like this is a bad design. A simple additional rail would have prevented this from happening.

#981 3 years ago

Does this post stopper ever pop up in the game? It functions in test but it’s never popped up while playing

9A3D33FE-D84C-4BC2-A20F-4F2E6B744267 (resized).jpeg9A3D33FE-D84C-4BC2-A20F-4F2E6B744267 (resized).jpeg
#982 3 years ago

It pops up when you make the collect gem shot to give you time to think about which shot to place the gem on.

#983 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Does this post stopper ever pop up in the game? It functions in test but it’s never popped up while playing [quoted image]

Quoted from pinballmlb:

It pops up when you make the collect gem shot to give you time to think about which shot to place the gem on.

I think it should also pop up to hold your ball while you select which gem mode you want to enter, right?

#984 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

I think it should also pop up to hold your ball while you select which gem mode you want to enter, right?

On the premium/LE, the selection of gem mode is made when the ball is in the subway. Not sure if the post is used on the Pro.

#985 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Funny, it used to be that the Export games were built first, and since Canada was the closest export point, we'd end up getting games early. I seem to remember one of the guys around here getting the first Tron LE back when those were new. I know P1 originally said they were hoping for mid-october for premiums when I put my deposit down, so hoping to pick up my game from them before the end of the month.

Don't think Canada is considered export anymore. Reasoning? My Canadian LE hasn't shipped while multiple shipments of US LEs are in people's homes.

#986 3 years ago

Anyone else want Stern to steal the lighting effect JJP have for their spinning disc on GnR? Love the way the lights spin with the disc on GnR, would be awesome to have that effect on AIQ more lightshows the better!!

#987 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Yeah, sorry, I have an le so gem mode is the subway

#988 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Don't think Canada is considered export anymore. Reasoning? My Canadian LE hasn't shipped while multiple shipments of US LEs are in people's homes.

Could just be a different shipping order then, but I just checked the Iron Maiden Pro I bought last year, and the box had the "EXPORT" stamp on it. I'd assume anything that's not US coin mechs is considered an export game.

#989 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballmlb:

On the premium/LE, the selection of gem mode is made when the ball is in the subway. Not sure if the post is used on the Pro.

Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, sorry, I have an le so gem mode is the subway

Ah, that's right; my bad! I've played the Pro recently at my distributor's shop (which uses that post to hold the ball during gem mode selection), and I suppose it's been too long since I've watched Prem/LE play

#990 3 years ago

20201008_143933 (resized).jpg20201008_143933 (resized).jpg

#991 3 years ago

Super fun, love the flow, and hitting the captain marvel ramp is so satisfying.

2020-10-08 15_49_31-Photo - Google Photos (resized).png2020-10-08 15_49_31-Photo - Google Photos (resized).png2020-10-08 15_50_38-Photo - Google Photos (resized).png2020-10-08 15_50_38-Photo - Google Photos (resized).png

2020-10-08 15_52_34-- Mail (resized).png2020-10-08 15_52_34-- Mail (resized).png
#992 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Does this post stopper ever pop up in the game? It functions in test but it’s never popped up while playing [quoted image]

Yes, I had it pop up for a lock before the soul gem

#993 3 years ago

There are some options in the menu about a topper. This game obviously didn’t come with one, assuming it wasn’t supposed to. Do stern LE’s ever come with toppers or is that just JJP and CGC?

#994 3 years ago

#17 is now sitting by #17 JP2

2B3BB9CD-0320-425B-A0D4-9B478522DD0B (resized).jpeg2B3BB9CD-0320-425B-A0D4-9B478522DD0B (resized).jpeg

My 3rd game lasted for nearly 40 minutes

661B1A1C-E1E5-4676-ABA5-A398F7C9F49C (resized).jpeg661B1A1C-E1E5-4676-ABA5-A398F7C9F49C (resized).jpeg

#995 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Yes, I had it pop up for a lock before the soul gem

Was that for pro or prem/le

#996 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Was that for pro or prem/le

Le

#997 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

#17 is now sitting by #17 JP2
[quoted image]
My 3rd game lasted for nearly 40 minutes
[quoted image]

Wow a 40 minute game on a pin! Dang that’s crazy to me. I think a 15 minute game is long with most being only a few so hopefully it’s not that easy of a pin to shoot, but congrats on a great score.

#998 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Wow a 40 minute game on a pin! Dang that’s crazy to me. I think a 15 minute game is long with most being only a few so hopefully it’s not that easy of a pin to shoot, but congrats on a great score.

You should play The Hobbit then.

#999 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Thanks.... but I am not known for having high scores. AIQ is considerably more forgiving than JP2.

Btw.... I am guessing at the 40min.... I looked at the clock around the time I started so there is a bit of margin for error in there.

#1000 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Thanks.... but I am not known for having high scores. AIQ is considerably more forgiving than JP2.
Btw.... I am guessing at the 40min.... I looked at the clock around the time I started so there is a bit of margin for error in there.

This has me a little worried. TWD premium was brutal when I first got it, but now a good game will last 20 minutes or so. If this game is easy to start with, it might become a chore once I really get the hang of it. 40 minutes is too long for a new game. I consider myself a pretty good player.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

6,000 (OBO)
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/20?hl=otto110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.