04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 255.
#10351 1 year ago
Quoted from Steakfist:

Would it be this by any chance?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Good lord we have a winner.

#10352 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

You guys want more gem shenanigans? Of course you do.
[quoted image]
467 million Soul Gem Jackpot. Here's how. It was with the Power Gem quest, because that is the only one that scores points on the multipliable Captain Marvel ramp. (The Reality Gem quest also can, but you can't have the Reality Gem on a shot while questing for the Reality Gem.) I set this up very deliberately.
Reality Gem on Captain Marvel, Soul Gem on Black Widow, Space Gem anywhere (I had it on Panther.) Marvel ramp multiplier at 5x (10x with Reality Gem.) Start the Power Gem quest, with triple portal locks of course. I got a good rip on the Hulk spinner to build the value, and shot the critical hit on the Marvel ramp for 6.4 million x 5 x 2 = 64 million. Then three glancing blows on the other shots, then that critical again. Finish with the final blow (I really don't know how the scoring works for that shot), total quest value 186 million.
Then shoot the Space Gem and hit the button, to move the Soul Gem from where it was waiting on Widow into position on Capt Marvel. Then collect the gem and the jackpot! 186 million x 50% x 5 = 467 million.
What's really going on here is applying the 5x multiplier *quadratically* to the points - the base value gets multiplied for shooting the shot, then the result of that gets multiplied *again* by the Soul Gem jackpot, made possible on the same shot by changing out the gems in between.
Also this (in a different game):
[quoted image]
595 million Battle Royale.
The key was a level 2 Mind Gem, and of course Captain Marvel with Reality Gem (although only at 4x from Binary so 8x total.) I got Wasp into play quickly, shot enough shots to beat the first villain, then hit the Mind Gem as the second villain started with all shots lit for Wasp's 2x damage -- this beat two more villains instantly and catapulted into the middle of the fourth! (The display said Mind Gem 46 million, but it should have been higher, maybe the Mind Gem doesn't use the Binary multiplier?) Anyway, this put the Avenger Attack Streak counter at 14, and I got two more shots on that same streak: Widow for 39M, then Captain Marvel again where I didn't see the display but it should have been more-than-39M x 4 x 2 = more than 312 million.

Dude you are a madman! Your SG jackpots come close to my GM scores. I love these posts—they make me realize that I’m going to be pushing the limits of this game for years to come, as I get better and better at pinball.

#10353 1 year ago
Quoted from Steakfist:

It's a long shot but you could be right. Maybe just replace that coil and hope for the best.

But in all seriousness, I do wonder why that one melted itself.

#10354 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

You guys want more gem shenanigans? Of course you do.
[quoted image]
467 million Soul Gem Jackpot. Here's how. It was with the Power Gem quest, because that is the only one that scores points on the multipliable Captain Marvel ramp. (The Reality Gem quest also can, but you can't have the Reality Gem on a shot while questing for the Reality Gem.) I set this up very deliberately.
Reality Gem on Captain Marvel, Soul Gem on Black Widow, Space Gem anywhere (I had it on Panther.) Marvel ramp multiplier at 5x (10x with Reality Gem.) Start the Power Gem quest, with triple portal locks of course. I got a good rip on the Hulk spinner to build the value, and shot the critical hit on the Marvel ramp for 6.4 million x 5 x 2 = 64 million. Then three glancing blows on the other shots, then that critical again. Finish with the final blow (I really don't know how the scoring works for that shot), total quest value 186 million.
Then shoot the Space Gem and hit the button, to move the Soul Gem from where it was waiting on Widow into position on Capt Marvel. Then collect the gem and the jackpot! 186 million x 50% x 5 = 467 million.
What's really going on here is applying the 5x multiplier *quadratically* to the points - the base value gets multiplied for shooting the shot, then the result of that gets multiplied *again* by the Soul Gem jackpot, made possible on the same shot by changing out the gems in between.
Also this (in a different game):
[quoted image]
595 million Battle Royale.
The key was a level 2 Mind Gem, and of course Captain Marvel with Reality Gem (although only at 4x from Binary so 8x total.) I got Wasp into play quickly, shot enough shots to beat the first villain, then hit the Mind Gem as the second villain started with all shots lit for Wasp's 2x damage -- this beat two more villains instantly and catapulted into the middle of the fourth! (The display said Mind Gem 46 million, but it should have been higher, maybe the Mind Gem doesn't use the Binary multiplier?) Anyway, this put the Avenger Attack Streak counter at 14, and I got two more shots on that same streak: Widow for 39M, then Captain Marvel again where I didn't see the display but it should have been more-than-39M x 4 x 2 = more than 312 million.

Your posts are rekindling my excitement for AIQ! Keep 'em coming!

Luckily I've been enjoying this great game for a little over a year and a half and have put 3500+ games on it... essentially accomplishing pretty much everything I can.

I tend to fully concentrate on my latest game and that's been Godzilla premium for the last 2 months and my AIQ plays have gone from ~300 a month to just a handful. My other pinball machine plays are way down as well.

Your excitement, skills and in-depth breakdown of your strategies and accomplishments on AIQ are fun to see! Hopefully Insider connected will expand and we can setup some group challenges or something in the near future for all of us.

In the meantime, here's a few pics of a few of my "best" accomplishments on AIQ so far!

IMG_2732 (resized).JPGIMG_2732 (resized).JPGIMG_1498 (resized).JPGIMG_1498 (resized).JPGIMG_E1096 (resized).JPGIMG_E1096 (resized).JPG
#10355 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

In the meantime, here's a few pics of a few of my "best" accomplishments on AIQ so far!

How'd you get the 830m Soul Gem jackpot? I assume on a 5x Marvel ramp of course, but which gem quest was it, and how did you build up the quest scoring, was it mostly victory laps?

My GC so far is 5.4 billion, in a game where everything went right except I biffed both Computer Frenzy and Trophy Mania for very low scores. I'm definitely gunning for your 6.3 billion

#10356 1 year ago
Quoted from Steakfist:

That happened to mine about 3 months in and took the node board with it. Hopefully you can get the part, it took awhile for stern to send it.

#10357 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

How'd you get the 830m Soul Gem jackpot? I assume on a 5x Marvel ramp of course, but which gem quest was it, and how did you build up the quest scoring, was it mostly victory laps?
My GC so far is 5.4 billion, in a game where everything went right except I biffed both Computer Frenzy and Trophy Mania for very low scores. I'm definitely gunning for your 6.3 billion

Soul Gem was on Hulk Level 2. I had a ridiculous Mind gem of over 500 Million after having both portal locks and Iron Man multiball with it and went big with Victory Laps.

Too bad the quest high scores don't seem to count when you get victory laps, because 500M is about twice what I show as my best Mind gem quest. It did show 500M on screen for the Mind gem total, but I've had similar happen many times now where it doesn't beat the quest high score.

I knew the Soul gem jackpot was going to be big and I was sweating it until I hit the shot and then I was like, "Oh Yeah"

I've emailed Stern about it, but I've run into a code issue a few times where you don't get Computer Frenzy awarded, even though it is qualified. It seems to jump over awarding it. Not sure of the exact circumstances that cause it, but think it happened in my high score game unfortunately and maybe in game video below (I have to re-watch).

Good luck on beating my 6.3B! That will probably make me play more AIQ! You must be playing a lot and having good games, because you weren't quite at 5B not long ago. I've actually come very close to my high score a few times, one time falling only 46 million short! I got that game on video:

#10358 1 year ago

Correct, Victory Laps don't count towards the quest high scores. They do count for the in-game displayed total and for the Soul Gem Jackpot, of course.

This is the deal with Computer Frenzy. It changed in one of the code updates. Old behavior was that Computer Frenzy could not be started until you had played all 6 Super modes. This changed, so now that is not a requirement, new behavior is that you can light and start Computer Frenzy as soon as it comes up on the grid. It was never a bug, just unintuitive behavior that the game didn't explain.

The requirement to *reset* the grid sequence is to play all 6 Super modes and Computer Frenzy. As long as there is still any super mode waiting on the grid, all future bingo slots will be filled with "Light Computer Frenzy" until you play that, and then "5 Million" until you play all 6 Supers. I very clearly saw this happen in one game: played Computer Frenzy, saw the grid full of "5 million" awards, played the last remaining Super mode, and then the grid reset to the beginning.

The purpose of both versions of the rule is so you can't miss out on the opportunity to get any of the trophies for the super modes. Originally the grid reset after Computer Frenzy, but it was unintuitive to make Computer Frenzy wait for all 6 super modes, so that was changed, and now the grid resets after Computer Frenzy plus all 6 super modes, with the "5 million" awards as placeholders until that happens.

#10359 1 year ago

Had a low scoring, but great game today. I whiffed ball one before opening the portal, but snagged the mind, then power, then soul, on ball two. Which was very exciting because my mind kept saying, time to triple portal lock the reality gem and then pop a gigantic soul gem jackpot (at least I think that would work…I’m still learning).

It didn’t pan out, but damn was it exciting. I’m going to beat Thanos one of these days!

#10360 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Correct, Victory Laps don't count towards the quest high scores. They do count for the in-game displayed total and for the Soul Gem Jackpot, of course.
This is the deal with Computer Frenzy. It changed in one of the code updates. Old behavior was that Computer Frenzy could not be started until you had played all 6 Super modes. This changed, so now that is not a requirement, new behavior is that you can light and start Computer Frenzy as soon as it comes up on the grid. It was never a bug, just unintuitive behavior that the game didn't explain.
The requirement to *reset* the grid sequence is to play all 6 Super modes and Computer Frenzy. As long as there is still any super mode waiting on the grid, all future bingo slots will be filled with "Light Computer Frenzy" until you play that, and then "5 Million" until you play all 6 Supers. I very clearly saw this happen in one game: played Computer Frenzy, saw the grid full of "5 million" awards, played the last remaining Super mode, and then the grid reset to the beginning.
The purpose of both versions of the rule is so you can't miss out on the opportunity to get any of the trophies for the super modes. Originally the grid reset after Computer Frenzy, but it was unintuitive to make Computer Frenzy wait for all 6 super modes, so that was changed, and now the grid resets after Computer Frenzy plus all 6 super modes, with the "5 million" awards as placeholders until that happens.

Thank you for the thorough explanation, but this seems different than what I 'think' I have experienced on at least 4 or 5 different occasions which is a low percentage of the times I have gotten to that point in a game, so hard to fully understand what happened.

Basically "Start Computer Frenzy" becomes available and starts filling in on the grid like normal, but something happens and then Start Computer frenzy is gone from the grid without ever having played it.

Not sure if there is a sequence of completing multiple lines on the grid at once that causes this or something else entirely.

I've heard of at least one other person run into this as well. You seem to be getting to Computer Frenzy often, so stay on the lookout for this happening and maybe we can figure out what is going on!

#10361 1 year ago

As I understand it, this only happened in older code: when Light Computer Frenzy goes gone from the grid, it's because you collected that grid line, but you didn't play all 6 Super modes, and so Computer Frenzy will wait until you do, it will light at the portal when the 6th Super mode finishes. I vaguely remember Rayday saying this in a video or stream.

I believe that never happens in current code. (Not sure of the exact versions; I think likely post 1.00; mine shipped with 1.03 from the factory.) I've never seen Computer Frenzy fail to light at the portal upon completing its grid line, in maybe 15 or so instances total.

#10362 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

As I understand it, this only happened in older code: when Light Computer Frenzy goes gone from the grid, it's because you collected that grid line, but you didn't play all 6 Super modes, and so Computer Frenzy will wait until you do, it will light at the portal when the 6th Super mode finishes. I vaguely remember Rayday saying this in a video or stream.
I believe that never happens in current code. (Not sure of the exact versions; I think likely post 1.00; mine shipped with 1.03 from the factory.) I've never seen Computer Frenzy fail to light at the portal upon completing its grid line, in maybe 15 or so instances total.

Yeah, I'm on latest code since each version came out and this has definitely happened in 1.02 and 1.03 unfortunately.

It's a rare glitch which makes it tricky to nail down.

Sounds similar to what you are describing for older code, but it actually never lights at the portal... it just disappears from the grid without ever collecting it and never comes back or lights the portal as far as I know.

#10363 1 year ago
Quoted from Steakfist:

I would follow the wires from the magnet to find what node board is fried 99 percent postive that if you throw another coil in. it will fry i just went down this road on a fried pop bumper coil once you find what node board runs that coil take the node board out inspect it on both sides youlk probably find a burnt trace or something burnt

#10364 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Are you saying that you don't need to play all 6 super modes to play computer frenzy? Doesn't playing all 6 super modes make it an available computer grid award?

#10365 1 year ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I would follow the wires from the magnet to find what node board is fried 99 percent postive that if you throw another coil in. it will fry i just went down this road on a fried pop bumper coil once you find what node board runs that coil take the node board out inspect it on both sides youlk probably find a burnt trace or something burnt

Thanks for the tip

#10366 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Are you saying that you don't need to play all 6 super modes to play computer frenzy? Doesn't playing all 6 super modes make it an available computer grid award?

You don't need to play all 6. You did in older code. Currently, you just need to advance the grid far enough for Light Computer Frenzy to come up as an award for one of the lines.

Currently, if you play Computer Frenzy but haven't played all 6 Super modes, the unplayed ones will stay on the grid until you do get them, and any otherwise vacant grid lines will fill up with "5 million".

Once you've played all 6 super modes AND Computer Frenzy, in either order, then the grid resets to the beginning.

#10367 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

You don't need to play all 6. You did in older code. Currently, you just need to advance the grid far enough for Light Computer Frenzy to come up as an award for one of the lines.

Currently, if you play Computer Frenzy but haven't played all 6 Super modes, the unplayed ones will stay on the grid until you do get them, and any otherwise vacant grid lines will fill up with "5 million".

Once you've played all 6 super modes AND Computer Frenzy, in either order, then the grid resets to the beginning.

So it's not automatically next up if you do play all 6 Super Modes? I've had some trouble when aiming to light, maybe that would explain it.

#10368 1 year ago

It's not automatically up next after all 6 Super modes. You have to complete enough grid lines (9 total since game start) to get Light Computer Frenzy to move on to the grid, and then complete its line too.

#10369 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

*** My Best Fix for Auto Launch and Manual Launch Problems with ball not making it all the way around to right flipper ***
I have a couple weeks of time and many, many plays on my AIQ Premium with my "fixes" for the Auto and Manual Launch / Plunger issues. (I've tried many and these are by far the best continued success I've had... your results may vary.)
I changed the "Orange" OEM shooter rod spring to the stronger "Red" version.
I changed the 23-800 Auto Launch coil to a stronger 23-700. (Remove Diode if coil has one)
That's it!
You may need to play with the Auto Launch strengh settings for best results. I have been at 230 for over a week and a half now. Success Rate for Manual plunge is probably ~98% and Auto plunge ~95%. Very rarely a launch won't make it all the way around to the right flipper now.
Keeping the shooter lane clean/waxed also helps, but not as critical to success now. Centering the plunger rod tip and also the adjustment of how the auto launch tabs hit the ball can impact the launch success rate.
Note: I also added a bent lexan piece under the gauntlet to keep occasional stray ball launches from lodging under the gauntlet.
I also removed an earlier "fix" of raising the shooter lane left side of the ramp slightly since this with the stronger plunges would sometimes get air under the ball and lead to more balls going under the gauntlet.
[quoted image]

Hey group. I’ll be replacing my plunger coil tonight. Thinking ahead, if I understand it correctly, I just snip the Diode off, remove old coil, solder new one on. Easy as that?

E88AADB0-9503-495E-BD35-2ACD0BD7AD51 (resized).jpegE88AADB0-9503-495E-BD35-2ACD0BD7AD51 (resized).jpeg
#10370 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hey group. I’ll be replacing my plunger coil tonight. Thinking ahead, if I understand it correctly, I just snip the Diode off, remove old coil, solder new one on. Easy as that?[quoted image]

Yes, that's all you need to do!

You may want to tweak the auto launch power setting afterwards for what works best on your machine.

#10371 1 year ago

So it seems Stern in not including the apron plastic that was replacing the QR reader in newer games.

Anyone here whould have a spare AIQ premium/LE plastic or one that they don't need anymore? Send me a PM, Thanks.

plastic (resized).JPGplastic (resized).JPG
#10372 1 year ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

1956PINHEAD
Any idea if these help with flipper fade? If the weight is less than the plastic and if there's more torque with the same or less effort in the solenoid, theoretically it might help fade and be cheaper than the fan solutions.

Put these on last night. They are really quite nice! Are they an advantage? Sure. But so are the post genies that I have installed on my out-lanes.

I’d say that they definitely increase the ball velocity, so if you are looking for a solution to flipper fade, this may actually alleviate the symptoms a bit.

I’ve beaten my GM score twice today. It is pretty interesting being able to change flipper angle without raising the playfield. I like them a lot so far.

#10373 1 year ago
Quoted from greben0ts:

Put these on last night. They are really quite nice! Are they an advantage? Sure. But so are the post genies that I have installed on my out-lanes.
I’d say that they definitely increase the ball velocity, so if you are looking for a solution to flipper fade, this may actually alleviate the symptoms a bit.
I’ve beaten my GM score twice today. It is pretty interesting being able to change flipper angle without raising the playfield. I like them a lot so far.

@greben0ts, thanks for posting your comments about my flipper mod, appriciate it.

I might add that I just finished testing part two of my flipper mod kit. I now have replacement flipper shaft bushings that completes the package so to speak. My bushings replace the plastic ones and increase the flipper response even more. I've attached the link below for those who are interested, and a photo of the plastic bushing next to my precision machined replacement. What I found during testing was that there was no doubt that the flipper response was improved. They both get the job done, mine just does it a whole lot better. Learn more at:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06993-precision-flipper-shaft-bushing

Flipper Bushing Comparison (resized).jpgFlipper Bushing Comparison (resized).jpgMetal bushing installed (resized).jpgMetal bushing installed (resized).jpg

#10374 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

greben0ts, thanks for posting your comments about my flipper mod, appriciate it.
I might add that I just finished testing part two of my flipper mod kit. I now have replacement flipper shaft bushings that completes the package so to speak. My bushings replace the plastic ones and increase the flipper response even more. I've attached the link below for those who are interested, and a photo of the plastic bushing next to my precision machined replacement. What I found during testing was that there was no doubt that the flipper response was improved. They both get the job done, mine just does it a whole lot better. Learn more at:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06993-precision-flipper-shaft-bushing

I thought the plastic bushing acted as a way to decrease friction around the metal shaft. After a while the plastic degrades and needs to be replaced. Is there not a problem with metal rubbing against metal? Sorry for being ignorant just asking for clarification. Thanks.

Edit: I mean isn’t this why we use nylon bushings around metal shafts in other parts of pinball?

#10375 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I thought the plastic bushing acted as a way to decrease friction around the metal shaft. After a while the plastic degrades and needs to be replaced. Is there not a problem with metal rubbing against metal? Sorry for being ignorant just asking for clarification. Thanks.
Edit: I mean isn’t this why we use nylon bushings around metal shafts in other parts of pinball?

gumnut01 Yes, plastic does work as a friction reducer, but IMO its more about manufacturing costs in this specific application. Let's face it, plastic is very low cost, two or three bushings per game multiplied by thousands of games the cost adds up quickly. Metal against metal in aplications where you have high rotational loads, heat or friction then grease or gear oil is your friend. In the flipper application the rotational speed isn't high enough (or sustained constantly for long durations) to generate suffucient heat to cause the metal parts to expand (coefficient of thermal expansion) and work against each other. When installing the shaft through the aluminum bushing a small amount of fine oil (like sewing machine oil) works just fine in this application.

There are other parts where plastic has its place for other mechanisms too, and they work fine. The aluminum bushings are all about having options for those looking to refine that part of their game, just as my Dr. Strange Disc mod did, and now with my flipper mod as well.

If you want to find out how much free play is in those plastic flipper bushings grab hold of your flipper (even in a game with low play) and move it around its axis, its a little surprising. I've been on a quest to improve the performance of the flipper mechanism and I think these bushings serve that purpose.

Thanks for commenting, hope this helps you and others that were perhaps thinking the same. All Good!

#10376 1 year ago

On the Computer Frenzy topic, I captured in a game what happens (with a potato quality dirty camera lens):

grid1 (resized).jpggrid1 (resized).jpg

This is the grid after getting Light Computer Frenzy and playing it. Notice that Super Arc Reactor is still on the grid, and that "5M Points" replaced all the vacant squares that previously had Light Computer Frenzy.

grid2 (resized).jpggrid2 (resized).jpg

This is the grid while Super Arc Reactor is running. 5M Points has also replaced that.

grid3 (resized).jpggrid3 (resized).jpg

This is the reset grid after Super Arc Reactor finished. All the 5M Points awards have been replaced by fresh awards, but other awards (portal lock, collect bonus, trophy) are still there. (Wow I played that whole game without ever getting that portal lock.)

grid4 (resized).jpggrid4 (resized).jpg

And this is the new list of upcoming awards - notice that the first three of those are on the grid at game start, so resetting the grid is the only way to get those into the upcoming list.

#10377 1 year ago

With the Stern Insider Connected issues some were experiencing the other day - I'm still getting some games played that didn't show up on Insider Connected last night, though it does look like they got the Godzilla leaderboard fixed.

I hadn't played AIQ in a few weeks and decided to hit at least 1B before moving on to Godzilla... took me 4 games, to do it, but then got to the 'end', but didn't have my full Mojo, so my score wasn't as high as I would like at that point.

A game on AIQ and Godzilla both never showed up on my IC page. Games before and after (on Godzilla) do. Both machines clearly showed me signed in and were left "idle" for several minutes after each game. I'm not sure when the game uploads the score, right after completion? I haven't noticed any IC wifi connection issues previously in over a thousand games played across the 3 machines I have connected, so I would be surprised if it's that.

Anyone else having similar?

IMG_2878 (resized).JPGIMG_2878 (resized).JPGIMG_2879 (resized).JPGIMG_2879 (resized).JPG
#10378 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

With the Stern Insider Connected issues some were experiencing the other day - I'm still getting some games played that didn't show up on Insider Connected

Anyone else having similar?[quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t have IC on my AIQ, but I had the same issue Thursday night on my Rush. New personal best at 2.3B, nothing on IC, but the High score initials acted like IC, and I earned several achievements during the game.

#10379 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

gumnut01 Yes, plastic does work as a friction reducer, but IMO its more about manufacturing costs in this specific application. Let's face it, plastic is very low cost, two or three bushings per game multiplied by thousands of games the cost adds up quickly. Metal against metal in aplications where you have high rotational loads, heat or friction then grease or gear oil is your friend. In the flipper application the rotational speed isn't high enough (or sustained constantly for long durations) to generate suffucient heat to cause the metal parts to expand (coefficient of thermal expansion) and work against each other. When installing the shaft through the aluminum bushing a small amount of fine oil (like sewing machine oil) works just fine in this application.
There are other parts where plastic has its place for other mechanisms too, and they work fine. The aluminum bushings are all about having options for those looking to refine that part of their game, just as my Dr. Strange Disc mod did, and now with my flipper mod as well.
If you want to find out how much free play is in those plastic flipper bushings grab hold of your flipper (even in a game with low play) and move it around its axis, its a little surprising. I've been on a quest to improve the performance of the flipper mechanism and I think these bushings serve that purpose.
Thanks for commenting, hope this helps you and others that were perhaps thinking the same. All Good!

Makes sense, thanks!

#10380 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

I don’t have IC on my AIQ, but I had the same issue Thursday night on my Rush. New personal best at 2.3B, nothing on IC, but the High score initials acted like IC, and I earned several achievements during the game.

I had a couple more games last night not show up. It can be frustrating, especially if you are setting some personal bests!

#10381 1 year ago

Curious - Why does beating Black Order Battle Royale make the flippers shut down and ball drain if there are more modes after that? I had collected all the avengers 3 times and beat Black Order, and had played all the gem quests only losing the Soul Gem, and so with the flippers shutting off and draining, I thought I beat the game. Didn't realize I still had to Battle Thanos. I had like 3 balls left too! But since I lost Soul Gem I never did Thanos attacks and ended up draining my last ball in Thanos Attacks and never got to Battle Thanos.

#10382 1 year ago

I have a slanted ceiling where my pinballs are and was wondering if someone could tell me the height of the avengers pinball topper. I wanted to see if I have enough room to possibly add it.

#10383 1 year ago

Battle Royale shuts down so it can display the victory animations and score awards for finishing. It doesn't have a final shot that can hold the ball like Soul Gem or Thanos Attacks (at the gauntlet ramp), since any shot could be the last one to deal damage. Also the second ball from Wasp could be in play and that should get cleared out too.

You don't lose a ball for winning Battle Royale. You get a new ball in the shooter lane but it didn't count as a drain, and it gets autoplunged with no skill shot, like any other ball save.

#10384 1 year ago

Hi everyone, new AIQ owner here. I just picked mine up a few days ago. At the PNW pinball show, the two demo premiums broke, something about a nut from the factory that wasn’t tightened causing something wrong with the ball lock. I asked when I picked mine up what happened and that’s what I found out. Also was told there is info here on pinside. But I haven’t been able to find it.
Here is my spinner after about 20 games. I’m guessing the angle and how it currently is, Is not normal. How do you adjust it, and does anyone know what the issue was with the recent build so I can correct it before it becomes an issue?

0BA66C2F-38A6-4628-B2F9-E68357572887 (resized).jpeg0BA66C2F-38A6-4628-B2F9-E68357572887 (resized).jpeg450DD10A-9637-470D-824B-151F075232C6 (resized).jpeg450DD10A-9637-470D-824B-151F075232C6 (resized).jpegFDF88BD6-69AF-4907-83EE-D4755E3A4413 (resized).jpegFDF88BD6-69AF-4907-83EE-D4755E3A4413 (resized).jpeg
#10385 1 year ago
Quoted from dbb143:

Myself and a few others have seen this (though not too often and inconsistent for me so far). I have the PDF for the adjustment procedure someone emailed to me, not sure how to post it publicly though.[quoted image]

See above for how to level the disc -can also be found in the topic index (key posts) on the top of the thread. not sure about the nut issue.

M

#10386 1 year ago
Quoted from mjs2:

See above for how to level the disc -can also be found in the topic index (key posts) on the top of the thread. not sure about the nut issue.
M

Thank you!

#10387 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I had a couple more games last night not show up. It can be frustrating, especially if you are setting some personal bests!

I have emailed Stern Tech support about the Insider Connected not showing all games played issues and they are looking into it...

#10388 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

I have a slanted ceiling where my pinballs are and was wondering if someone could tell me the height of the avengers pinball topper. I wanted to see if I have enough room to possibly add it.

P1060332 (resized).JPGP1060332 (resized).JPG
#10389 1 year ago
Quoted from Hangry:

Hi everyone, new AIQ owner here. I just picked mine up a few days ago. At the PNW pinball show, the two demo premiums broke, something about a nut from the factory that wasn’t tightened causing something wrong with the ball lock. I asked when I picked mine up what happened and that’s what I found out. Also was told there is info here on pinside. But I haven’t been able to find it.
Here is my spinner after about 20 games. I’m guessing the angle and how it currently is, Is not normal. How do you adjust it, and does anyone know what the issue was with the recent build so I can correct it before it becomes an issue?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I ended up installing some small flat washers between the playfield and the sheet metal housing that supports the entire disc mechanism to align the disc with the playfield and cutout. I chose this approach because the disc housing (Item #1 in the parts list) is what screws to the playfield underneath, and Item #2 attaches to #1. Item #2 is what supports the leveling bushing (Item #4) that the disc shaft runs through. The leveling bushing only adjusts the height (not the perpendicularity with respect to the playfield). It takes a little time, but well worth it. Sure, you can futz with Item #2 (to correct the perpendicularity) by hand filing the plastic tabs, but I think in the end the method I used seemed to be the easier option to pursue. Not sure if the Disc isn't perpindicular, but it kinda looks that way from the photo. To get it right you need to make sure its both level and perpindicular to avoid air balls.

I've been messing with this disc for some time, you might say it was an obession of mine. Ever since I made this adjustment (almost right out of the box on day one) I've never had an issue with it going out of alignment. Hope this helps you.

disc housing (resized).jpgdisc housing (resized).jpg

#10390 1 year ago
Quoted from Bagdad:[quoted image]

This is really helpful, thank you. Is the tape touching the backbox in this picture? Or do we need to add additional clearance. Seems like 8" would work.

#10391 1 year ago
Quoted from Yodamtu44:

This is really helpful, thank you. Is the tape touching the backbox in this picture? Or do we need to add additional clearance. Seems like 8" would work.

It's resting on the topper not the backbox. So you'll have to add another 1/8-1/4 for the space between. At 8" it should be good.

#10392 1 year ago

My daughter (whom I’ve mentioned in this thread before), just came up to me with a glint in her eye, and said “dad, you know how you tell me to trudge the machine a bit? Well guess what, I just got a warning!” And then just started giggling. I think I might be creating a few little pinball addicts in my house.

Side note, I’m still learning myself, and have been creeping really close to a billion on 5-ball. So this week I made a deal with the kids—I’m turning the machine back to 3 ball, and if they hit 500M before I hit 1B, I owe them $20. They are all wearing out the coils now, trying to earn those summertime $$’s.

It’s good times seeing them play pinball instead of video games and Netflix (even though I’m a huge gamer and work in the gaming industry).

#10393 1 year ago

check out these mods for Avengers

#10394 1 year ago
Quoted from tampa12:

Gross.

#10395 1 year ago

Just placed my order for a premium. Any consensus on must have mods?

#10396 1 year ago
Quoted from tampa12:

Cool video. I'm interested in changing out my coils like you have. Has this worked okay long term and how much difference has it made? Any idea why Stern used weaker coils in a game with quite a few long shots? Also, what power did you lower your flippers to in the settings? I notice Godzilla has one coil that matches Avengers on the left (090-5032-ND) and one (090-5020-20-ND) on the right. Did you switch both?

Anyone else? I'm potentially interested in switching out the coils but could do with hearing others experiences

#10397 1 year ago
Quoted from greben0ts:

My daughter (whom I’ve mentioned in this thread before), just came up to me with a glint in her eye, and said “dad, you know how you tell me to trudge the machine a bit? Well guess what, I just got a warning!” And then just started giggling. I think I might be creating a few little pinball addicts in my house.
Side note, I’m still learning myself, and have been creeping really close to a billion on 5-ball. So this week I made a deal with the kids—I’m turning the machine back to 3 ball, and if they hit 500M before I hit 1B, I owe them $20. They are all wearing out the coils now, trying to earn those summertime $$’s.
It’s good times seeing them play pinball instead of video games and Netflix (even though I’m a huge gamer and work in the gaming industry).

Haha love it. My daughter weighs 50lbs and throws her whole
Body into it to get the tiniest nudge. So cute

#10398 1 year ago
Quoted from bdp5:

Just placed my order for a premium. Any consensus on must have mods?

For me, it’s the shaker motor and Stern gem shooter knob. I think they add the most to the game…

#10399 1 year ago
Quoted from tampa12:

Awesome mods! I have used this video on YT! Thanks! Only question is, where did you get the Avenger coin door??

#10400 1 year ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

For me, it’s the shaker motor and Stern gem shooter knob. I think they add the most to the game…

Is the gem shooter knob $200 worth of cool (+tax +shipping).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Newnan, GA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/208?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.