IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 253.
#10301 1 year ago
Quoted from Mileesa:

The optos are working in the test and the ball locks HAPPEN, the magnet just doesn't catch the ball.

Ahhh...weird though that Soul wouldn't end. Anyway, what happens in magnet test?

#10302 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ahhh...weird though that Soul wouldn't end. Anyway, what happens in magnet test?

When I hold the ball under the magnet and start the test I get a slight momentary pull from the magnet. The magnet turns on but only for a split second. I'm not sure if that's how that test is supposed to go either.

#10303 1 year ago
Quoted from Mileesa:

When I hold the ball under the magnet and start the test I get a slight momentary pull from the magnet. The magnet turns on but only for a split second. I'm not sure if that's how that test is supposed to go either.

Do all 3 optos work? Should say Tower opto 1, 2, 3

Ummm....agreed on tower magnet test WTF. It doesn't do anything at all

#10304 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Do all 3 optos work? Should say Tower opto 1, 2, 3
Ummm....agreed on tower magnet test WTF. It doesn't do anything at all

yeah that magnet test is kinda worthless. I want to test that it can grab the ball.

In opto test when passing the ball, using my hand, in front of all 3 of them each trigger. I'm not sure how to test when the ball is moving at speed.

#10305 1 year ago

Mine is strong enough to hold two balls during multiball. I'd take the glass off and qualify iron man and try to see how much it is pulling when you lock a ball. It should hold it for quite a bit there

#10306 1 year ago

The magnet should grab the ball for every shot that reaches the top opto in the tower. There are no exceptions at all. It can occasionally miss the timing or not hold strongly enough, but it always tries on every shot no matter what's going on.

If it's not grabbing, then either the opto isn't registering correctly, or the magnet itself has a problem, either a bad connection or a bad node board. If you can get "Ball 1 Locked" during a game, then the opto is correct. (The magnet doesn't have to hold the ball to register a lock. It *does* have to hold the ball to register the Soul Gem shot, or a super during Iron Man Multiball.)

Try replugging the connections to the magnet and its node board. If that doesn't help, then contact Stern support.

#10307 1 year ago

I wanted to give all you AIQ onwers who purchased my disc mod a quick shout out for responding to my Personal message and purchasing my lastest game mod. As a previous customer I really appriciate the support and kind words on the relase of my newest product.

For those who might be interested in viewing I've posted the link below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system

Thanks again, really appricate it!

Flipper Kit_Std (resized).jpgFlipper Kit_Std (resized).jpg
#10308 1 year ago

Can someone post a pic of the Tower flasher connection. I have the Pin Stadium Neo Adam with the uv and I think I have it hooked up right but I'm not 100% sure.

#10309 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I wanted to give all you AIQ onwers who purchased my disc mod a quick shout out for responding to my Personal message and purchasing my lastest game mod. As a previous customer I really appriciate the support and kind words on the relase of my newest product.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system
[quoted image]

I'm excited to try these out!

#10310 1 year ago
Quoted from Mileesa:

Would someone mind explaining exactly when the tower ball magnet grab is supposed to engage? Mine never grabs the ball.
Is it when the ball locks happen or just before multiball starts? Is it supposed to grab the ball at the end of the Soul Quest? I also can't complete the Soul Quest because the ball just goes up and comes back down for that last shot without ending the quest.
I just installed a new set of opto boards Stern sent me and the problem persists.

This might be a really dumb question, but I noticed there is a setting in adjustments to turn off the tower magnet (why would anyone want to do that?) but check to make sure that setting is correct. Only reason I can think of that it’s not working…

#10311 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

[quoted image]

Wow, these look great!

#10312 1 year ago

I discovered an interesting feature: When you have the Mind Gem on the Captain Marvel ramp, if you hit the button to spot the shot that will start the Binary hurryup... it also COLLECTS the hurryup in the same button press! So you just need to make the easy Widow shot to get the ramp multiplier.

So I used that with some new gem strategy to put up a 4.8 billion GC. Basically get Captain Marvel up and then collect big Soul Gem Jackpots there.

Do Mind Gem first of course, ideally without using any portal locks on it, since we don't care about the scoring from the Mind Gem quest itself. Stacking it with Thor is a good idea, since spinning the disc for Mind Gem also qualifies Thor's add-a-ball. When finished, put Mind Gem on Captain Marvel (this may be the toughest part, it's a bitch to get control and hit that without hitting any drop target or spinner or pop bumper!)

Bring Captain Marvel to 2 ramp shots (remember that the gem placement shot itself will count as one), then hit the button, which will both count as the 3rd shot and collect the CM side of the Binary hurryup, so you just need to shoot Widow for the multiplier. You can even do this with a caught ball so you're totally ready to shoot Widow. Bring CM to 5 shots and do it again. Easy 3x, and you can leave the Mind Gem there until you get up to 14 ramp shots to do it one more time for 4x.

Don't start any other gem quest until after Soul Gem, so that its jackpots will be available for all the following quests. And you can take advantage of Soul Gem itself to get some extra CM ramp shots in. If I get it down to the last shot with lots of flips remaining (can often do this with 40+), I'll take advantage of the time to pound CM a few extra times before ending the mode, I'm pretty confident in hitting the tower within about 20 flips if necessary.

After Soul Gem (and the third use of the mind gem at 15 ramp hits for Binary to 4x), then do Change Gems. Put the Soul Gem on CM, and Mind wherever you want, generally Widow is best since she's the easiest to level up. Now start gem questing for real - get portal locks for triple scoring, and ideally stack with Iron Man MB for some nice long victory laps. Now I pick quests based on the status of the Mind Gem at the time: when it's low level, go for Power Gem; when it's at level 1, go for Time Gem (use Mind for all three drop target hits); when it's level 2, go for Reality Gem and super-boom it all at once.

And of course for each of them, hit Captain Marvel for the jackpot of 200% or 250% of the quest score (if/when you can get it up to 5x with one more Binary.) I got four Soul Gem Jackpots each over 200M in that GC game, and up to 400M in another game (actually came from the Space Gem quest, thanks to Panther happening to be at level 2 via the Power Gem, and some lengthy victory laps.)

For Thanos Attacks, select whichever was your third gem (not Soul or Mind), and catch the ball to time it out -- so you can quest for that gem again and get another Soul Gem Jackpot! Go for the repeated gem quest when you have two portal locks, so you're most likely to win it and avoid losing the Soul Gem.

Once you finish all the gem quests, then change gems again for Reality to be on Captain Marvel, since that gives the biggest scoring in the wizard modes (Battle Royale, Super Victory Laps, and Trophy Mania.)

Short version: Exploit Captain Marvel's multiplier for big scores (sorry Pro owners!) Start with the Mind Gem on her for super-easy Binary hurryups, then Soul Gem for big jackpots, then finally Reality Gem for the wizard mode payoffs.

#10313 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

[quoted image]

@1956PINHEAD

Any idea if these help with flipper fade? If the weight is less than the plastic and if there's more torque with the same or less effort in the solenoid, theoretically it might help fade and be cheaper than the fan solutions.

#10314 1 year ago

So, I just discovered a pack of goodies hidden in the cabinet of my new AIQ Premium. Included was this cutie. I don't know where it's supposed to go, or if it's even a part of the Marvel Universe. Has anyone else seen this guy?20220619_073120 (resized).jpg20220619_073120 (resized).jpg

#10315 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I discovered an interesting feature: When you have the Mind Gem on the Captain Marvel ramp, if you hit the button to spot the shot that will start the Binary hurryup... it also COLLECTS the hurryup in the same button press! So you just need to make the easy Widow shot to get the ramp multiplier.
So I used that with some new gem strategy to put up a 4.8 billion GC. Basically get Captain Marvel up and then collect big Soul Gem Jackpots there.
Do Mind Gem first of course, ideally without using any portal locks on it, since we don't care about the scoring from the Mind Gem quest itself. Stacking it with Thor is a good idea, since spinning the disc for Mind Gem also qualifies Thor's add-a-ball. When finished, put Mind Gem on Captain Marvel (this may be the toughest part, it's a bitch to get control and hit that without hitting any drop target or spinner or pop bumper!)
Bring Captain Marvel to 2 ramp shots (remember that the gem placement shot itself will count as one), then hit the button, which will both count as the 3rd shot and collect the CM side of the Binary hurryup, so you just need to shoot Widow for the multiplier. You can even do this with a caught ball so you're totally ready to shoot Widow. Bring CM to 5 shots and do it again. Easy 3x, and you can leave the Mind Gem there until you get up to 14 ramp shots to do it one more time for 4x.
Don't start any other gem quest until after Soul Gem, so that its jackpots will be available for all the following quests. And you can take advantage of Soul Gem itself to get some extra CM ramp shots in. If I get it down to the last shot with lots of flips remaining (can often do this with 40+), I'll take advantage of the time to pound CM a few extra times before ending the mode, I'm pretty confident in hitting the tower within about 20 flips if necessary.
After Soul Gem (and the third use of the mind gem at 15 ramp hits for Binary to 4x), then do Change Gems. Put the Soul Gem on CM, and Mind wherever you want, generally Widow is best since she's the easiest to level up. Now start gem questing for real - get portal locks for triple scoring, and ideally stack with Iron Man MB for some nice long victory laps. Now I pick quests based on the status of the Mind Gem at the time: when it's low level, go for Power Gem; when it's at level 1, go for Time Gem (use Mind for all three drop target hits); when it's level 2, go for Reality Gem and super-boom it all at once.
And of course for each of them, hit Captain Marvel for the jackpot of 200% or 250% of the quest score (if/when you can get it up to 5x with one more Binary.) I got four Soul Gem Jackpots each over 200M in that GC game, and up to 400M in another game (actually came from the Space Gem quest, thanks to Panther happening to be at level 2 via the Power Gem, and some lengthy victory laps.)
For Thanos Attacks, select whichever was your third gem (not Soul or Mind), and catch the ball to time it out -- so you can quest for that gem again and get another Soul Gem Jackpot! Go for the repeated gem quest when you have two portal locks, so you're most likely to win it and avoid losing the Soul Gem.
Once you finish all the gem quests, then change gems again for Reality to be on Captain Marvel, since that gives the biggest scoring in the wizard modes (Battle Royale, Super Victory Laps, and Trophy Mania.)
Short version: Exploit Captain Marvel's multiplier for big scores (sorry Pro owners!) Start with the Mind Gem on her for super-easy Binary hurryups, then Soul Gem for big jackpots, then finally Reality Gem for the wizard mode payoffs.

Thanks for the write up @vikingerik. This is my first pin, and I’ve had it for about 6 weeks now. I’m just now starting to consistently get to BOBR, so this is really going to improve my scoring now that my shots are really starting to come online. Sitting at a 673M GM score, having never battled Thanos yet. Reaching for the 1B, which will ironically probably eclipse 2B when I finally do beat Thanos.

Very helpful write up, thanks again!

#10316 1 year ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

1956PINHEAD
Any idea if these help with flipper fade? If the weight is less than the plastic and if there's more torque with the same or less effort in the solenoid, theoretically it might help fade and be cheaper than the fan solutions.

Zambonilli thanks for that question as that is one of the areas I was hoping would improve as flipper fade can be a problem on some games, AIQ being one of them. My take on this after several months of testing (in many games) is that I do beleive there is a small advantage using this flipper system, but not enough and fans would still be needed at some point. I can say for sure that there is zero flex (being metal) with these flippers and 100% of the solenoid's energy is transfered to the flipper bat and not lost in the lower density and flexing of the plastic.

For those owners/players who have worked on their flipper mech's I think we would all agree that there is also a fair amount of slop in the plastic busing that the flipper shaft runs through. I think some energy is lost there as well, I'm currently working on a new replacement bushing to get rid of that plastic bushing. So stayed tuned as I hope to have those replacement bushings in a machine shortly and start testing them, I'm optimistic that replacing those bushings will recover more lost energy in the flipper mechanism.

#10317 1 year ago
Quoted from greben0ts:

Sitting at a 673M GM score, having never battled Thanos yet. Reaching for the 1B, which will ironically probably eclipse 2B when I finally do beat Thanos.

Yeah, the scoring really blows up when you reach the wizard modes. You really want Thanos with all six gems for the billion, and then Battle Royale, Super Victory Laps, Computer Frenzy, and Trophy Mania each score 200-400 million. And the way to get to the higher ranges on those is to have Captain Marvel multiplied and holding the Reality Gem, plus ideally use a level 2 Mind Gem. (Although I've twice had what should have been a crazy L2 Mind Gem foiled by accidentally hitting the Space Gem shot just before and moving all the gems out of position!)

The scoring blows up from under 1 billion to around 3 billion when you can make all the wizard modes. Then the way to blow up from 3 billion to 5 billion is by adding multiplied Captain Marvel stuff on top of that, with Soul Gem Jackpots and then the Reality Gem.

#10318 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper-Flipper:

So, I just discovered a pack of goodies hidden in the cabinet of my new AIQ Premium. Included was this cutie. I don't know where it's supposed to go, or if it's even a part of the Marvel Universe. Has anyone else seen this guy?[quoted image]

It's a keychain of the designers dog. It's cute.

#10319 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Good strategy for building up CM boost and hopefully converting into large Soul Gem jackpots!

Keep in mind that the second shot to collect the Binary multiplier is 2X... so if the second shot is Captain Marvel, it will be twice as big as if CM is the first shot and that of course, is multiplied by the Binary multiplier!

So many different strategies on AIQ and I love to hear how everyone else is attacking it!

#10320 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper-Flipper:

So, I just discovered a pack of goodies hidden in the cabinet of my new AIQ Premium. Included was this cutie. I don't know where it's supposed to go, or if it's even a part of the Marvel Universe. Has anyone else seen this guy?[quoted image]

Keith Elwin's girlfriend's dog I believe.

#10321 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

What in the….

5B51FC3A-4FB0-4DCF-B7A0-CD20E71177E8.gif5B51FC3A-4FB0-4DCF-B7A0-CD20E71177E8.gif
#10322 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Yeah, the scoring really blows up when you reach the wizard modes. You really want Thanos with all six gems for the billion

I used to almost always fail to pickup even a single gem. And of course, I’d see people posting the multi-billions and think, how? But like anything, practice built muscle memory, and I’ve figured all the quests out now though, except for the space gem, which still gives me trouble.

It’s really rewarding to see my average score taking off, and to pretty frequently feel like I’m going to breakaway into a real high scoring game.

I think the hardest shot for me right now, I actually hitting the mystery to change gems. If I can get consistent on that shot, I think I’ll be able to get some real juicy scores. So often, I accidentally pop a gem onto the drop targets, and then oof, the problems start.

Game is a blast!

#10323 1 year ago

P.S -
This game is truly amazing. Keith design, Raydays rules, ricks code. It’s freaking blowing my mind how much I like this game.

#10324 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Good strategy for building up CM boost and hopefully converting into large Soul Gem jackpots!
Keep in mind that the second shot to collect the Binary multiplier is 2X... so if the second shot is Captain Marvel, it will be twice as big as if CM is the first shot and that of course, is multiplied by the Binary multiplier!

Yes, using that Mind Gem method means that CM is the first shot, so you don't get to double the ramp-multiplied value. That's why I use Mind Gem just up to 4x, then try to get the next one normally with Widow first to double the CM shot.

Quoted from awesome1:

So many different strategies on AIQ and I love to hear how everyone else is attacking it!

Thing is, I think it converges back into one approach on the high end - there's a lot of strategies, but to really blow the roof off (I'm chasing 5 billion now), you have to do ALL of them. You have to get the Binary hurryups, AND the Soul Gem jackpots, AND the wizard modes, AND blow up some of them with a level-2 Mind Gem. For Thanos Attacks, I now think it's a good idea to intentionally lose an unimportant gem (not Soul or Mind) - just so you can go play and win its quest again for the portal multiball and Soul Gem jackpot.

Reaching the wizard modes is great, but the thing is that the scoring pretty much tops out after them. There's not much of anything left to do, just more instances of Iron Man multiball, but even that can't get as big without a portal multiball stacking into it. You need to score big along the way, and that means portal-lock triple scoring on every gem quest if you can get it, plus the Soul Gem jackpot on CM at 5x.

Quoted from greben0ts:

except for the space gem, which still gives me trouble.

Yeah, Space Gem can be surprisingly tough, since you're always constrained into just one or two specific shots to make progress, even a multiball has trouble hitting those single shots one at a time. I try to have a level-1 Mind Gem for it (or reach it during the quest), which helps a lot, use it whenever you have a ball on the wrong flipper to move the current shot to the other side. BTW, note that a level-2 Mind Gem will complete both the parry and attack shots together, even though it usually goes left-to-right and the parry shots are on the right.

#10325 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

P.S -
This game is truly amazing. Keith design, Raydays rules, ricks code. It’s freaking blowing my mind how much I like this game.

Well yeah man we've been like telling you that for a long time
It has all that but there's a random animation with Hulk that happens every 8 minutes that people don't like. Seriously, this is the shit people complain aboot.

#10326 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Thing is, I think it converges back into one approach on the high end - there's a lot of strategies, but to really blow the roof off (I'm chasing 5 billion now), you have to do ALL of them. You have to get the Binary hurryups, AND the Soul Gem jackpots, AND the wizard modes, AND blow up some of them with a level-2 Mind Gem.

I agree... I've broken 6 Billion 4 times now

You have to put it all together in a single game to really get above that 2.5 ~ 3 Billion range.

#10327 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Zambonilli thanks for that question as that is one of the areas I was hoping would improve as flipper fade can be a problem on some games, AIQ being one of them. My take on this after several months of testing (in many games) is that I do beleive there is a small advantage using this flipper system, but not enough and fans would still be needed at some point. I can say for sure that there is zero flex (being metal) with these flippers and 100% of the solenoid's energy is transfered to the flipper bat and not lost in the lower density and flexing of the plastic.
For those owners/players who have worked on their flipper mech's I think we would all agree that there is also a fair amount of slop in the plastic busing that the flipper shaft runs through. I think some energy is lost there as well, I'm currently working on a new replacement bushing to get rid of that plastic bushing. So stayed tuned as I hope to have those replacement bushings in a machine shortly and start testing them, I'm optimistic that replacing those bushings will recover more lost energy in the flipper mechanism.

Thanks for the insight and honesty. I'll follow your progress and see how your brushings go.

#10328 1 year ago

I'm having another problem with the Strange spinner. I'll adjust it to be level and then a few games later its sinking down.... which makes the bar rub up against the mag sensor, damaging it. I can't seem to figure how to tighten it so it doesn't do this. Does anyone know or know of a guide?

#10329 1 year ago

Never thought I’d pull off this achievement

9F726155-B9CD-4627-B8B3-3C759C57B671 (resized).jpeg9F726155-B9CD-4627-B8B3-3C759C57B671 (resized).jpeg
#10330 1 year ago
Quoted from Mileesa:

I'm having another problem with the Strange spinner. I'll adjust it to be level and then a few games later its sinking down.... which makes the bar rub up against the mag sensor, damaging it. I can't seem to figure how to tighten it so it doesn't do this. Does anyone know or know of a guide?

Is your spinner assembly missing either the retaining washer or locking washer? The locking washer should be in the groove, and you can spin the big plastic (pvc?) nut to adjust the assembly height. Iirc there is also a metal nut that you can loosen to adjust things.

#10331 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Never thought I’d pull off this achievement [quoted image]

ooh nice, I’m working on the same achievement myself. I have literally never hit the pro Hawkeye, despite being able to consistently hit the loop every magnet snag. I always flip waaaaaaay too early.

#10332 1 year ago
Quoted from Mileesa:

Click on the pdf link and look at page 2. You have to get that white jam nut pretty tight.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/84#post-6052220

#10333 1 year ago
Quoted from Mileesa:

You also need to check the bronze bushings in the bearing carrier, they work there way out and can cause the issue you are having as well. I make a replacement using real ball bearings in case your's is toasted.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/05331-dr-strange-disc-bearing-carrier

Bearing Carrier 2 (resized).jpgBearing Carrier 2 (resized).jpg
#10334 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Holy S, I have a lot of learning to do. I want to understand this though!

#10335 1 year ago

After rebuilding the flippers adjusting EOS switches and still hardly making the BW and CM ramps I was really starting to hate this game. It was becoming a chore. At last got a pinball repairer to see what I had done wrong. He changed the flipper rubbers to perfect plays and sprayed not silicon bees wax furniture polish on the playfield. I had polished it but he said the polishes sometimes leave silica build up. Fixed it. Plays like new. I think this game needs this sort of maintenance more than any other game. Shooting those ramps like it’s on steroids. Became a fun game again.

#10336 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

After rebuilding the flippers adjusting EOS switches and still hardly making the BW and CM ramps I was really starting to hate this game. It was becoming a chore. At last got a pinball repairer to see what I had done wrong. He changed the flipper rubbers to perfect plays and sprayed not silicon bees wax furniture polish on the playfield. I had polished it but he said the polishes sometimes leave silica build up. Fixed it. Plays like new. I think this game needs this sort of maintenance more than any other game. Shooting those ramps like it’s on steroids. Became a fun game again.

This is the first I have heard of spraying furniture wax on a playfield. Is this a tech secret? Anyone else doing this?

#10337 1 year ago

Agree this game really needs to be waxed (and clean!) otherwise it doesn't play so well.

#10338 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

This is the first I have heard of spraying furniture wax on a playfield. Is this a tech secret? Anyone else doing this?

Here is what he used. The flipper rubber was also old and on its last legs. The silicone in the perfect plays seem to give it extra spring. Could be an issue with catches. Will see how it goes.

888F87F2-D367-4366-9D02-2557FE51A525 (resized).jpeg888F87F2-D367-4366-9D02-2557FE51A525 (resized).jpeg
#10339 1 year ago

I have an issue with my AIQ Pro and was wondering whether anyone had any suggestions how to troubleshoot it. The left ramp only seems to register shots intermittently. I assume this is an issue with the opto half way around the ramp. Any suggestions on how to fix/what to try?

Edit. Now fixed. Cold solder joint on the left ramp exit opto. Re-flowed and fully working.

#10340 1 year ago

I have some spicing up to do around it and it’s been about a week but I am so happy to be joining my first club! I have never had a materialistic purchase that has come anywhere close to making me this happy. Huge thanks to ZMeny for dealing with me during some late nights.

FBBCEE72-A791-4C85-BDFC-E7FB4BEBC8C3 (resized).jpegFBBCEE72-A791-4C85-BDFC-E7FB4BEBC8C3 (resized).jpeg

#10341 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

I have some spicing up to do around it and it’s been about a week but I am so happy to be joining my first club! I have never had a materialistic purchase that has come anywhere close to making me this happy. Huge thanks to ZMeny for dealing with me during some late nights.
[quoted image]

Welcome!! First one always stressful. Second one 80% easier. 3-100 eazy peazy

#10342 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

[quoted image]

Welcome. Game is freaking awesome.

#10343 1 year ago

I'm having a weird issue with the tower not holding balls on the magnet, the errors I'm getting are in the images attached - could this be a faulty coil on the magnet? If I unplug the red black going up the tower under the playfield the warning goes away but comes back when I replug it and shoot another ball up there.

20220622_225311 (resized).jpg20220622_225311 (resized).jpg20220622_225324 (resized).jpg20220622_225324 (resized).jpg
#10344 1 year ago

What the heck is going on with all these tower issue lately?!
DO you have any mods hooked up to itt?

#10345 1 year ago

Only the speaker lights and an led strip on a home made topper that came with the game - seems to be wired into one of the lights on the same node but I haven't checked it out yet, haven't had the game long. You reckon disconnect the mods and try it?

#10346 1 year ago
Quoted from Steakfist:

You reckon disconnect the mods and try it?

I would for sure. Might as well work thru the easy stuff it could be first.

#10347 1 year ago

You guys want more gem shenanigans? Of course you do.

soul gem 467m (resized).jpgsoul gem 467m (resized).jpg

467 million Soul Gem Jackpot. Here's how. It was with the Power Gem quest, because that is the only one that scores points on the multipliable Captain Marvel ramp. (The Reality Gem quest also can, but you can't have the Reality Gem on a shot while questing for the Reality Gem.) I set this up very deliberately.

Reality Gem on Captain Marvel, Soul Gem on Black Widow, Space Gem anywhere (I had it on Panther.) Marvel ramp multiplier at 5x (10x with Reality Gem.) Start the Power Gem quest, with triple portal locks of course. I got a good rip on the Hulk spinner to build the value, and shot the critical hit on the Marvel ramp for 6.4 million x 5 x 2 = 64 million. Then three glancing blows on the other shots, then that critical again. Finish with the final blow (I really don't know how the scoring works for that shot), total quest value 186 million.

Then shoot the Space Gem and hit the button, to move the Soul Gem from where it was waiting on Widow into position on Capt Marvel. Then collect the gem and the jackpot! 186 million x 50% x 5 = 467 million.

What's really going on here is applying the 5x multiplier *quadratically* to the points - the base value gets multiplied for shooting the shot, then the result of that gets multiplied *again* by the Soul Gem jackpot, made possible on the same shot by changing out the gems in between.

Also this (in a different game):

avengers battle royale 595m (resized).JPGavengers battle royale 595m (resized).JPG

595 million Battle Royale.

The key was a level 2 Mind Gem, and of course Captain Marvel with Reality Gem (although only at 4x from Binary so 8x total.) I got Wasp into play quickly, shot enough shots to beat the first villain, then hit the Mind Gem as the second villain started with all shots lit for Wasp's 2x damage -- this beat two more villains instantly and catapulted into the middle of the fourth! (The display said Mind Gem 46 million, but it should have been higher, maybe the Mind Gem doesn't use the Binary multiplier?) Anyway, this put the Avenger Attack Streak counter at 14, and I got two more shots on that same streak: Widow for 39M, then Captain Marvel again where I didn't see the display but it should have been more-than-39M x 4 x 2 = more than 312 million.

#10348 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I would for sure. Might as well work thru the easy stuff it could be first.

OK mods removed, still happening and error follows the tower magnet whenever it's connected/disconnected. Gonna take the tower off and check the coil.

If I reconnect the coil and fire it off in test mode the whole upper GI goes through what looks like a boot cycle and then the error comes back.

#10349 1 year ago
Quoted from Steakfist:

OK mods removed, still happening and error follows the tower magnet whenever it's connected/disconnected. Gonna take the tower off and check the coil.
If I reconnect the coil and fire it off in test mode the whole upper GI goes through what looks like a boot cycle and then the error comes back.

Make sure you don't have any tabs grounded to each other even on the GI. Something is shorting into that circuit.

#10350 1 year ago

Would it be this by any chance?

20220623_172155 (resized).jpg20220623_172155 (resized).jpg20220623_172221 (resized).jpg20220623_172221 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
7,899 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
8,924 (OBO)
$ 49.99
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/207?hl=moat-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.