IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 256.
#9801 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

Oh my god this game is great. My first pin was TMNT pro so I feel like a god on this machine after the trauma Turtles put me through. The combos, the flow, the shots, everything great right out the box.
Question for you Pro owners: I don't have the handle on the back of the playfield to help slide the playfield back into position. Did your machine come with that?
I've also got the issue with the coin door buttons being a pain. Hopefully they break in or I'll have to request a replacement.

My LE doesn't have the handle either. I have to pick it up from under the pf to get it over the hump to set into place

#9802 1 year ago

The buttons on mine are intermittent too. In the meantime, the menu can be navigated by using the flipper buttons to choose and the start button to select.

#9803 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

Question for you Pro owners: I don't have the handle on the back of the playfield to help slide the playfield back into position. Did your machine come with that?

I printed one from thingiverse.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4774832

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9804 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

My LE doesn't have the handle either. I have to pick it up from under the pf to get it over the hump to set into place

Thanks guys. This is only my second Pin but my Turtles pro has one and I find it odd that this one doesn't. Is it random which pins get one and which don't?

#9805 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Sounds like a code glitch if you know for certain that there were flips left. Should not happen. Like... If it started officially you would have some ball save time also

It’s weird I had 1 flip or zero flips left and I hit Thor and multiball started. The thor animations started but then it said I won soul gem on the tower shot. I was so surprised I then let all the balls drain.

Quoted from awesome1:

I've finished with zero flips remaining and still won Soul gem. Tower magnet may not have grabbed enough or you actually ran out of flips before that shot.
Can't have multiball during Soul Gem. If you started Thor multiball, you must have run out of flips. Once Soul gem ends unsuccessfully - you are immediately back into regular play mode.

Quoted from shaub:

On the first one, did the ball actually get caught by the magnet? I've definitely had the shot register but the magnet just isn't able to grab the ball.
On the second one, did you maybe run out of flips and then hit the captive ball? Or are you sure you had flips remaining?

Yeah on the first one I finished on the last flip. The tower grabbed and said I had won the soul gem. I can usually get it, but bragged to the wife to get it on last shot remain. The tower then let go and I was not ready cos of said bragging.

Thanks for clarifying no Thor multiball on soul gem. That’s what I thought. I had only had one beer so I’m pretty sure it happened. Will check again. I’ve had this game since launch and I’m ok at soul gem, best is 54 flips remaining.

#9806 1 year ago

Quick question and apologize if this has already been addressed in the thread but couldn't find it...

Should the spinning disc raise high enough for a ball to cleanly make its way underneath? In my premium, the disc will raise high enough for a ball to enter but the top of the ball hits the disc. Is this adjustable? The disc is level with the play field.

#9807 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

Thanks guys. This is only my second Pin but my Turtles pro has one and I find it odd that this one doesn't. Is it random which pins get one and which don't?

I had a TMNT as well and I was surprised this didn’t have a handle but it had t-nuts.

#9808 1 year ago

Just added Pinstadiums to my TWD, IMDN and Avengers and am on the fence losing the 2 color GI effects on TWD, but on games with single color GI like AIQ, I think it’s a massive upgrade and highly recommend them. It’s a fairly dark game and the entire center of the playfield’s art is lost if you’re playing in a dim/blacked out Gameroom

Have 2nd string of UV lights tied to the shaker motor, adds a cool effect similar to Stranger Things’ UV when it goes off

79EFDE23-4374-4B0A-B079-A3BBCE1E37AF (resized).jpeg79EFDE23-4374-4B0A-B079-A3BBCE1E37AF (resized).jpeg
#9809 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

First use of it in that spot was on Jurassic Park as a bumper to protect parts mounted behind the backboard. AIQ didn’t need it as a bumper so they didn’t put it on.

#9810 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

First use of it in that spot was on Jurassic Park as a bumper to protect parts mounted behind the backboard. AIQ didn’t need it as a bumper so they didn’t put it on.

Oh nice. That's a fun little bit of trivia. Its certainly helpful for lifting the playfield back into position but I guess that's not even the purpose.

#9811 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Quoted from Walk:

Oh nice. That's a fun little bit of trivia. Its certainly helpful for lifting the playfield back into position but I guess that's not even the purpose.

Godzilla is the first Stern I have with the handle... AIQ and Deadpool do not have it.

#9812 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

Oh my god this game is great. My first pin was TMNT pro so I feel like a god on this machine after the trauma Turtles put me through. The combos, the flow, the shots, everything great right out the box.

I've also got the issue with the coin door buttons being a pain. Hopefully they break in or I'll have to request a replacement.

Mine did not, I actually took the one from TMNT and put it on Avengers when I removed the playfield to install art blades. Not sure why it didn't come on Avengers though.

#9813 1 year ago

Just an update on my newer build avengers tower not locking the ball.

I did attempt the classic JP tape over half opto method to make it a bit more twitchy on firing and that has helped some. Some fast moving balls are still not getting locked. I have written stern asking if they have a tech guide for how to disassemble and align the optos on the tower I could follow instead of just trying to figure it out myself.

#9814 1 year ago
Quoted from AiriusTorpora:

Just an update on my newer build avengers tower not locking the ball.
I did attempt the classic JP tape over half opto method to make it a bit more twitchy on firing and that has helped some. Some fast moving balls are still not getting locked. I have written stern asking if they have a tech guide for how to disassemble and align the optos on the tower I could follow instead of just trying to figure it out myself.

I have a similar problem except that the ball never locks in the tower. I had a pinball tech come over and look and he ruled out a mod board problem and wiring looked good. For me, fast or slow moving ball the magnet engages briefly and disengages right away. So either the magnet doesn't have enough strength or the top opto isn't detecting the ball is still there or something else. All opto tests look good though as well as the magnet test. I'm waiting to hear back from Stern. I'm at a loss at what else to do.

If you do get a guide on the opto alignment I'd be super appreciative if you'd share!

#9815 1 year ago

Adding a rear handle; weird

#9816 1 year ago
Quoted from Mileesa:

I have a similar problem except that the ball never locks in the tower. I had a pinball tech come over and look and he ruled out a mod board problem and wiring looked good. For me, fast or slow moving ball the magnet engages briefly and disengages right away. So either the magnet doesn't have enough strength or the top opto isn't detecting the ball is still there or something else. All opto tests look good though as well as the magnet test. I'm waiting to hear back from Stern. I'm at a loss at what else to do.
If you do get a guide on the opto alignment I'd be super appreciative if you'd share!

I will. I think I have counted a total of 3 pinsiders here with April deliveries that have had this problem.

#9817 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Adding a rear handle; weird

I’m putting one on my cat

#9818 1 year ago
Quoted from MRG:

Adjust the EOS switch of the flippers.

Quoted from MRG:

Yep. Just bend the switch. Manually move the flipper mech to the fully up position. The eos switch should be open about a business card wide, 1/8 inch.

Quoted from vikingerik:

Bad coil stops are most likely (they tend to show up around 500 games, right where you are). Other solutions besides already mentioned:
Try waxing the ramp entrance, that may help. Also check if the ramp hardware is loose at all so that it's absorbing some energy from the ball.
Also, check your flipper alignment. There's a tiny tiny hole in the artwork that should be centered just beyond the tip of the flipper bat. If it's not, then your flippers may be aligned slightly too low. This is more likely to be the case if it's only the Widow ramp that's the problem, if you can make all the other shots alright. AIQ is very sensitive to flippers that are aligned too low, because of the two important ramp shots straight up the center of the playfield. My own AIQ is aligned about half a millimeter too low and it feels like the Widow and Gauntlet ramps are a tiny fraction harder than they should be, and I'll try adjusting this soon.

I too was having weak ball action.

So checked stops. Were fine. Noticed flippers a bit droopy. Also when I was adjusting flipper angles noticed they were tight and binding against the bushing. So fixed that as well. Eos switches adjusted and a little waxing done.

Working great!! Thanks for posting suggestions.

#9819 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

Oh man this game is great. My first pin was TMNT pro so I feel like a god on this machine after the trauma Turtles put me through. The combos, the flow, the shots, everything great right out the box.

You just nudge it from the front with a bit of heft and it goes back in. No need for the handle.

#9820 1 year ago
Quoted from AiriusTorpora:

I will. I think I have counted a total of 3 pinsiders here with April deliveries that have had this problem.

I'm a 4th. April build. Tower doesn't hold on fast clean shots. Slower shots seem to work as designed.

#9821 1 year ago

The spacer bar in the back is not actually for using as a handle. The purpose for what looks like a handle is really to create a spacer, on machines that have parts behind the backboard that maybe damaged if the PF is shoved too far back into the cabinet. The “handle/spacer” protects the gear behind the backboard from being damaged. That’s why some machines have it and others don’t. Why would anyone ever need a handle on the backboard? Why would anyone ever need to lift the PF from the back? That’d be a good way to dump the PF into the cabinet if it was moved too far forward and is dangerous.

#9822 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The spacer bar in the back is not actually for using as a handle. The purpose for what looks like a handle is really to create a spacer, on machines that have parts behind the backboard that maybe damaged if the PF is shoved too far back into the cabinet. The “handle/spacer” protects the gear behind the backboard from being damaged. That’s why some machines have it and others don’t. Why would anyone ever need a handle on the backboard? Why would anyone ever need to lift the PF from the back? That’d be a good way to dump the PF into the cabinet if it was moved too far forward and is dangerous.

When I pull the playfield forward to lift up or just rest on the rails, I'll push it back until it hits the "stop" and then reach in the back to lift the playfield up and over to slide the rest of the way in.

I know some people just push really hard to jump up over the stop, but that always felt weird to me.

#9823 1 year ago

Hey I have a Premium and have a question about the glove with the jems . do they just light randomly? for no reason some flicker . and is it my glove of thanos's glove? I would think they should light up as you get them? but it doesn't seem that way. sorry if this has been asked and answered somewhere in the 197 pages . also sorry for my avengers ignorance. love the pinball machine. : )

#9824 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

83AF1B66-8F51-48A6-8A14-247BBF80CE4C.gif83AF1B66-8F51-48A6-8A14-247BBF80CE4C.gif
#9825 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

When I pull the playfield forward to lift up or just rest on the rails, I'll push it back until it hits the "stop" and then reach in the back to lift the playfield up and over to slide the rest of the way in.
I know some people just push really hard to jump up over the stop, but that always felt weird to me.

This is exactly how I did it forever on my TMNT. Having to reach back and under the playfield to lift it seems odd. I feel like I could accidentally bump something back there.

#9826 1 year ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Hey I have a Premium and have a question about the glove with the jems . do they just light randomly? for no reason some flicker . and is it my glove of thanos's glove? I would think they should light up as you get them? but it doesn't seem that way. sorry if this has been asked and answered somewhere in the 197 pages . also sorry for my avengers ignorance. love the pinball machine. : )

The gems start off with his henchmen. Havent looked at the game in a month or so (lent out), but if i remember correctly, its blinking when his Order has them, solid when you loose the mode (henchmen deliver it), and off when you win them (since you take it away).

#9827 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Totally agree. It always seemed odd to me to shove a playfield back into place. After I came to the realization I should just lift it over the hump, I was much more at ease pulling the playfield out knowing that I didn't have to shove it back in.

I am printing a few handles as we speak.

#9828 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I know it feels weird at first, but the PFs are robust and designed to be pushed hard over the small bump. There is zero issues of damage to the PF, even though at first it might feel like we need to be more gentle as picking it up from the back, but that is not proper pinball servicing protocol. After all we have a heavy steel ball flying around the PF all the time, without damage to the PF. Everything is bolted tightly on the PF, because if it wasn’t the shaker motor jolts it harder than the push back to get it over the small bump and our table would be destroyed by that alone. Picking it up from the back to get it over the hump is not the way it was designed and is awkward plus dangerous to your body. A design that’s been used by all pinball companies for almost 100 years, lol. Ask any tech in the business if they ever pick it up from the back to get it over the tiny bump, they’d just laugh at us. I used to gently lift it too, till a long experienced pinball tech laughed his head off at me doing it. Then he set me straight. Also, Stern tech warns us not to use the guard at the back as a handle. They said it’s not meant for that at all and again laughs at us for trying to use it that way.

#9829 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I believe the story is they wanted a spacer/protector on the back to protect something that was attached to the backside of the backboard and realised it could be used as a handle so they designed it to be wide enough to be one.

So it really has two purposes and I really appreciate having the handle for removing the PF entirely, or even just sliding it back into the machine.

#9830 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

There is zero issues of damage to the PF, even though at first it might feel like we need to be more gentle as picking it up from the back, but that is not proper pinball servicing protocol.

Can it take impact of being forced over the stop, yes. Is it a good idea to ram it over the stop repeatedly, no.

As a mechanical engineer, I can assure you that the repeated impacts will cause wear and tear. Take the slight extra effort and lift the back edge of the playfield over the lip meant to keep the playfield from dropping into the cabinet when in a raised service position.

It’s like while dropping your phone one time may not break it since it is designed to survive an impact from 6 feet, repeatedly dropping it is not a good idea.

#9831 1 year ago

I pick up my playfield to get it over the hump. Shoving it feels like it takes way too much force, even though I know it's designed for that, it still feels too harsh and abusive. I can reach one hand all the way to the bottom of the playfield in the back, while also lifting with the other at the apron. I don't mind doing it this way, although anyone with a shorter wingspan than me (about 5'11") wouldn't be able to.

Quoted from tonycip:

Yeah, this is a very common FAQ, and answered often, though it's hard to search for. The gems on the gauntlet have four states:

- Flickering dimly: not contested yet (default at game start)
- Flashing brightly: current quest in progress
- Solidly lit: Thanos has it (you lost the quest, or he stole it when you lost Thanos Attacks)
- Off: Avengers have it (so it will be on one of the playfield locations instead)

It's Thanos's glove - so you're not trying to light up the gauntlet gems - you're trying to turn them OFF which means Thanos doesn't have them. You're trying to turn on the *playfield* gem locations that represent what the Avengers have.

The LEDs are bright enough that it's hard to distinguish the flickering and lit states, but once you know what to look for, you'll see it.

#9832 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Can it take impact of being forced over the stop, yes. Is it a good idea to ram it over the stop repeatedly, no.
As a mechanical engineer...

Please stop diaper rubbing; This is nothing new and we've been doing this for decades.
This isn't a classic Stern with wood rubbing against wood.

#9833 1 year ago

TIL people lift their playfield over the bump. I just give it a good shove and all is good. I probably jostle more when I do an illegal death save. My tilt bobs are a bit loose.

#9834 1 year ago
Quoted from Selig:

TIL people lift their playfield over the bump. I just give it a good shove and all is good. I probably jostle more when I do an illegal death save. My tilt bobs are a bit loose.

That happens to all of us after enough age and gravity, don't feel bad.

#9835 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Please stop diaper rubbing; This is nothing new and we've been doing this for decades.
This isn't a classic Stern with wood rubbing against wood.

Diaper rubbing… first time I have heard that term…
*edit: It just hit me that high end car guys used to rub their cars down with cloth baby diapers like in Ferris Buellers Day Off, I get the reference now*

This sounds like a weirdly specific point of frustration for some of you. Sorry to make you angry enough to down vote.

I did find where slamming it is in a Stern instructional video (See video below). I personally don't do it because it's a violent impact, and it will eventually cause issues (loose connections, broken solder joints, etc) over time. To each their own.

How Sterns says to do it

How someone like me does it

How others press down on the support brackets

#9836 1 year ago

I’ve got a ton of what looks like LEDs ghosting in the glove. Is that how it is for everyone?

Quoted from tonycip:

#9837 1 year ago
Quoted from Selig:

I am a lifter.. no one ever told me how to do it, and with a seven foot wingspan it felt natural.

#9838 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Sorry to make you angry enough to down vote.

Yeah I just clicked a button, it really wasn't that infuriating.

Quoted from bigguybbr:

and it will eventually cause issues (loose connections, broken solder joints, etc) over time.

This has no actual facts attached but no worries. I'm sorry you had to take time to link videos where newbs tell me how they deal with their "tables"

But yes of course, a diff'rent POV amounting to no big whoop.

#9839 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Hey man...i've owned many machines and just received my April 6th build and my buttons are really not working correctly. You have to stand on them to get them to register. Push them EXTREMELY hard and see if you get them to register.

Just got mine this week from the same batch (first-time owner! so excited!) and they are definitely spongy. Not as terrible as you show in the video, but less than ideal. More likely to doublecount a click, especially on the black button. Otherwise tho everything works great out of the box.

#9840 1 year ago

The better I'm getting at Battle Royal the worse im getting at the regular game. Even with 5 balls I can't crack 50 million.

#9841 1 year ago

I've encountered another problem with my new AIQ Premium. The Strange spinner stopped registering. It's sensor board has a red light blinking three times over and over. I tried things suggested elsewhere in this thread. I did notice that the bottom of the post seemed to have been rubbing up against the sensor (the section with what looks like black electrical tape around it) and it had rubbed a hole in it. Could that be the problem? Any ideas for what I can do to troubleshoot or fix? I checked the connections and alignment.

#9842 1 year ago

Ahhh...crushes being formed with WalkDeezy

#9843 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Just added Pinstadiums to my TWD, IMDN and Avengers and am on the fence losing the 2 color GI effects on TWD, but on games with single color GI like AIQ, I think it’s a massive upgrade and highly recommend them. It’s a fairly dark game and the entire center of the playfield’s art is lost if you’re playing in a dim/blacked out Gameroom
Have 2nd string of UV lights tied to the shaker motor, adds a cool effect similar to Stranger Things’ UV when it goes off
[quoted image]

Could you take a video of it in action? Would love to see the UV lighting. Which pinstadium did you buy?

#9844 1 year ago

I'm amazed how bad the build quality is with these NIB. I owned an early build pro and it was solid. Played for a while and moved it on. Decided to get another pro.
Black Panther right orbit is as clunky as Deadpool right orbit. I'll need to bend the metal guide.
Tower doesn't hold lock ball shots. I'm not sure what the fix is here? Lower the magnet. Seems like a software issue. Maybe it will improve as the game slows down.
The Dr Strange disc is not close to level causing air balls.
Autoplunge is not centered.
Everything fixable but I hear a lot of complaints about other companies and Stern is right there as well with crappy quality.

#9845 1 year ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

I'm amazed how bad the build quality is with these NIB. I owned an early build pro and it was solid. Played for a while and moved it on. Decided to get another pro.
Black Panther right orbit is as clunky as Deadpool right orbit. I'll need to bend the metal guide.
Tower doesn't hold lock ball shots. I'm not sure what the fix is here? Lower the magnet. Seems like a software issue. Maybe it will improve as the game slows down.
The Dr Strange disc is not close to level causing air balls.
Autoplunge is not centered.
Everything fixable but I hear a lot of complaints about other companies and Stern is right there as well with crappy quality.

That's... what?... 4 or 5 AIQs from the recent batch with tower problems? And my Strange spinner just stopped tracking. :/

#9846 1 year ago

First game back on AIQ in a week or two since I’ve been playing Godzilla mostly as work allows.

Didn’t get my high score (6.3B), but did get a couple mode records for me!

5050BB72-7A23-47A4-90DC-BBB3DB039BD3 (resized).jpeg5050BB72-7A23-47A4-90DC-BBB3DB039BD3 (resized).jpegA8F94E82-5ECD-4806-9450-A2AED0306A28 (resized).jpegA8F94E82-5ECD-4806-9450-A2AED0306A28 (resized).jpeg
#9847 1 year ago

I lost a ball. Looked everywhere. All the holes, subway, under slings, it’s not in the cab. I cannot find this sucker.

Anyone get some ball hangs in a crazy place I should look for? This is crazy.

#9848 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I lost a ball. Looked everywhere. All the holes, subway, under slings, it’s not in the cab. I cannot find this sucker.
Anyone get some ball hangs in a creamy place I should look for? This is crazy.

Under the glove? Also it can get tucked behind the back bumper

#9850 1 year ago

Yeah.mm under the glove happens once in a while.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 16.00
6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/197?hl=selig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.