IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 256.
#9701 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Interesting, I must be lucky. My stranger things went 4k games before the pin pulled out on the plunger and I had to do the flipper rebuilds. My munsters has 3k games on it and no issues. I don't think I've touched those flippers at all. My guardians has over 5k games on it now and still on the original coil stops. Probably due for a flipper refresh but I sold it and it's in a bar now where I run the league so get to watch it close. Avengers has about 800 games on it and still going strong. I see a lot more brass in the cab on this one but the flippers are still good. I stocked up on coil stops when I bought my first pin expecting issues. Must be why I've not had the issue lol

Murph's Law right???

#9702 1 year ago
Quoted from Mileesa:

I tried running the coil test again and now it will briefly activate the magnet and pull the ball but it doesn't hold it. Is the coil test supposed to hold the ball?

my test would just grab it like that as well but in game it works 9/10 times.

#9703 1 year ago

Am I supposed to replace my coil stops? I’m not that experienced but always wondered the big deal with them is?

#9704 1 year ago

This is what I received from Stern regarding testing for the tower magnet problem some of us are seeing. I already did the switch test and the optos are firing for me, but the magnet is not turning on during the switch test.

------

Good morning.

There are 3 optos on the tower for this game:

TOWER OPTO 3 - HIGH
TOWER OPTO 2 - MID
TOWER OPTO 1 - LOW

The magnet is set to reflexively fire when the TOWER OPTO 1 is triggered for 3 seconds to attempt to capture the ball. If a ball makes it up the tower to TOWER OPTO 3 and triggers that opto, it checks to make sure the ball is still captured and then potentially turns off the magnet if the ball is no longer detected, or keeps the magnet going for the full 3 seconds (or more depending on game rules).

We would need to check the tower optos and verify that they are properly registering with a fast moving ball.

First thing is to check to make sure those two optos are working and they are registering properly with flipper fired shots in switch test, maybe even record the screen to see if you can slow it down because those optos hit fast. Might have to cover up the other optos so you can test them each individually and see them show up in switch test.

#9705 1 year ago

500 games seems pretty low for replacing the coil stops.

One thing I did do when I got my AIQ was to adjust the EOS so it wasn't engaging so early. That helped quite a bit.

#9706 1 year ago
Quoted from AiriusTorpora:This is what I received from Stern regarding testing for the tower magnet problem some of us are seeing. I already did the switch test and the optos are firing for me, but the magnet is not turning on during the switch test.
------
Good morning.
There are 3 optos on the tower for this game:
TOWER OPTO 3 - HIGH
TOWER OPTO 2 - MID
TOWER OPTO 1 - LOW
The magnet is set to reflexively fire when the TOWER OPTO 1 is triggered for 3 seconds to attempt to capture the ball. If a ball makes it up the tower to TOWER OPTO 3 and triggers that opto, it checks to make sure the ball is still captured and then potentially turns off the magnet if the ball is no longer detected, or keeps the magnet going for the full 3 seconds (or more depending on game rules).
We would need to check the tower optos and verify that they are properly registering with a fast moving ball.
First thing is to check to make sure those two optos are working and they are registering properly with flipper fired shots in switch test, maybe even record the screen to see if you can slow it down because those optos hit fast. Might have to cover up the other optos so you can test them each individually and see them show up in switch test.

If a tower opto isn't registering on faster moving shots then it might be slightly out of alignment so you could try to adjust alignment or, possibly easier, try the tape fix by taping the lower part of the opto (in relation to the path the ball is travelling, so in this case the vertical back portion of the opto. The tape fix works well on optos in the JP orbit and on my POTC orbit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/56#post-5312034

#9707 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Am I supposed to replace my coil stops? I’m not that experienced but always wondered the big deal with them is?

No need to replace them if they aren't broken. You'll know one is broken if a flipper starts to seem weak or if it's starting to give a bit when it's hit by a ball rolling down the playfield. The sign of it being broken is that the rivet on the coil stop will be either loose or missing.

#9708 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

If a tower opto isn't registering on faster moving shots then it might be slightly out of alignment so you could try to adjust alignment or, possibly easier, try the tape fix by taping the lower part of the opto (in relation to the path the ball is travelling, so in this case the vertical back portion of the opto. The tape fix works well on optos in the JP orbit and on my POTC orbit.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/56#post-5312034

Thanks! I'll give that a try. I confirmed all three optos trigger with a slow moving ball, but it just doesn't register when playing the game.

#9709 1 year ago
Quoted from Mileesa:

Thanks! I'll give that a try. I confirmed all three optos trigger with a slow moving ball, but it just doesn't register when playing the game.

You might need help with holding the camera during the switch test, shooting from the right flipper. Then you can slow down the video to see if all the switches trigger on the screen. That or simulate the velocity manually, but thats harder to do.

#9710 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Tried this.. the fast shots just don't make the magnet spool up fast enough I think. It likes to bounce off the top even with the tape narrowing the beam.

#9711 1 year ago
Quoted from AiriusTorpora:

Tried this.. the fast shots just don't make the magnet spool up fast enough I think. It likes to bounce off the top even with the tape narrowing the beam.

Bummer. If you’ve tried a few different ways of using tape on multiple optos at the same time and even maybe tried limiting the beam to coming from the middle of the optos on all three then it’s probably best to kick the question back to Stern while you look at other ideas. Has to be a bit frustrating but it’ll get there. Seems like it must be opto alignment if slower shots work but maybe it’s something else.

#9712 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Bummer. If you’ve tried a few different ways of using tape on multiple optos at the same time and even maybe tried limiting the beam to coming from the middle of the optos on all three then it’s probably best to kick the question back to Stern while you look at other ideas. Has to be a bit frustrating but it’ll get there.

yeah I wrote them back. The switches fire just fine on the switch tests Only #1 actually controls the magnet spooling up so I have not futzed with taping 2 and 3 ... my problem is all around the magnet not catching the ball because it is not firing. it doesn't cause premature drops or anything weird like that. i actually get full game credit for every shot that enters the tower... its just not catching the ball consistently.

#9713 1 year ago

yeah I wrote them back. The switches fire just fine on the switch tests Only #1 actually controls the magnet spooling up so I have not futzed with taping 2 and 3 ... my problem is all around the magnet not catching the ball because it is not firing. it doesn't cause premature drops or anything weird like that. i actually get full game credit for every shot that enters the tower... its just not catching the ball consistently.

similar problem for me it seems. All tests pass but when playing it doesn't lock the ball. Do you think there's any chance they gave us the wrong balls?

#9714 1 year ago

Man, this game.. I swear one ball i'm hitting all the shots like a pro.. making big progress, drain, and next ball it's as though i can't hit a shot to save my life.

#9715 1 year ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Man, this game.. I swear one ball i'm hitting all the shots like a pro.. making big progress, drain, and next ball it's as though i can't hit a shot to save my life.

Same same! CM Ramp is either there or not... PERIOD! LOL!!!

#9716 1 year ago
Quoted from Mileesa:

similar problem for me it seems. All tests pass but when playing it doesn't lock the ball. Do you think there's any chance they gave us the wrong balls?

Nope. Behaved the same way for me with my stern balls that came in the pouch and my ninjas.

#9717 1 year ago

After being fed up with going only 2 modes a game in turtles then bumping the ball count to 5 and STILL only getting 2 modes a game I went to Avengers. Here I also only get 2 modes a game no matter my pass fail and out of frustration I bumped the ball count to 5. I can safely report even at 5 I only get 2 modes a game.

I've heard of consistent results but this is a whole new level.

#9718 1 year ago
Quoted from Gentax:

After being fed up with going only 2 modes a game in turtles then bumping the ball count to 5 and STILL only getting 2 modes a game I went to Avengers. Here I also only get 2 modes a game no matter my pass fail and out of frustration I bumped the ball count to 5. I can safely report even at 5 I only get 2 modes a game.
I've heard of consistent results but this is a whole new level.

Git gud.

Kidding aside, how much time have you practiced battle royale ? .. that helped me quite a bit trying to reduce my time and improve my score on battle royale mode.

#9719 1 year ago

Would I lose a lot by buying the pro version? is the game very different compared to the premium version?

#9720 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Would I lose a lot by buying the pro version? is the game very different compared to the premium version?

I have played both and I feel like the Pro is missing a lot. I personally would not have been happy with the pro which is why I went premium.

its more than just the marvel ramp and the portal/subway. instead of shooting in the portal to start a quest you have to shoot gauntlet shot after spinning the spinner and it stops the ball with the peg. then the mode starts from the upper flipper instead of coming out of ant man on the lower right flipper. to me the game flow is messed up with these little tweaks, not to mention drop targets and ant man scoop.

These are all gameplay related mechanics and not just cosmetic stuff.

#9722 1 year ago

Premium the way to go if you can swing it.

#9723 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Imo you could miss the marvel ramp. The drawback is the ball comes back via orbit. And it's different because you can backhand that shot on a pro, which is impossible on prem/le. But you get a second spinner on a pro...

The physical ball lock stops flow and there are a lot of technical issues you can read about here as well. Nothing to miss here if you get a pro.

In my opinion on that game: the pro is the way to go. Slightly different, but not really worse...

And, by the way, targets are the same on all AiQ...

#9724 1 year ago

Yes, I have read about the problems of the subway... for me, what strikes me most about the premium edition is the additional ramp and the design of the furniture and translite...

#9725 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Yes, I have read about the problems of the subway... for me, what strikes me most about the premium edition is the additional ramp and the design of the furniture and translite...

If that's the case and you have the money: get a premium or le

#9726 1 year ago

Alrighty Guys/Gals! I'm here! I just picked up an April 6th build and although I pass this up in the Pin-Hubs...I feel so so sorry that this wasn't in my collection prior. I'm amazed. As soon as I realized this was an Elwin table with my love for IM, I had to have it. Lots of Mods still coming, but here we are.

Now the task of going through this thread to see what needs adjustment, but I have to say after a dozen plays, it seems EXCEPTIONALLY dialed-in with 6.8 rake and leveling. I also assume many of the gripes have been worked out in this current run.

IMG_5408 (resized).jpgIMG_5408 (resized).jpg

#9727 1 year ago

the premium version is for me the most beautiful machine of stern .....

#9728 1 year ago

I was planning to rejoin the club but my DP has been moved up. I bought an stern AIQ topper from a fellow pinsider anticipating getting the pin. If anyone is interested I would sell it for what I paid $600 plus shipping. Shipping should be like 30-40 dollars. Bummer I’m not joining but figured I’d offer it to this group if anyone is interested

#9729 1 year ago

Took me 184 games. But i finally beat soul gem mode for the first time, and i didn't even have mind gem!!!!!!!!!

#9730 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

There were only subway problems on the LEs and initial batch of premiums. Stern sent out updated subways and this was a 5 min fix. Haven’t had any issues on my portal subway.

Go with the premium or you’ll always be wondering “what if”. Captain marvel ramp combos make it worth it alone.

#9731 1 year ago
Quoted from Squeaks5635:

Took me 184 games. But i finally beat soul gem mode for the first time, and i didn't even have mind gem!!!!!!!!!

Practicing on battle royale mode will really up your shot % in the normal game.

#9732 1 year ago

Cleaned AIQ up today, added the headphone Jack and found a bunch of stuff in the cabinet. Really tried to find where the nuts came off, but the bracket thingy seems like it broken in half. Any thoughts?

09C9BC85-7DA6-464B-8231-5262B6A4A417 (resized).jpeg09C9BC85-7DA6-464B-8231-5262B6A4A417 (resized).jpeg
#9733 1 year ago

The broken part is the flipper end of stroke actuator.

#9734 1 year ago
Quoted from lockeness:

Cleaned AIQ up today, added the headphone Jack and found a bunch of stuff in the cabinet. Really tried to find where the nuts came off, but the bracket thingy seems like it broken in half. Any thoughts?
[quoted image]

Bracket thingy looks to me like a Stern Left Flipper Pawl EOS Switch Actuator. Coincidentally, mine just gave out the same way on my upper flipper a couple months ago. Wear and tear item I suppose. Was pretty easy to replace. Here's a link to the part on the Pinball Life website. You might want to confirm you need the left facing one and not the right facing one, but based on your picture it looks to me like you need the left flipper pawl.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-left-flipper-pawl-eos-switch-actuator.html

#9735 1 year ago

I'll try to buy the premium one, if not I'll have to settle for the pro version....I hope I can get a premium...

#9736 1 year ago
Quoted from lockeness:

[quoted image]

I posted some pics a few pages back on my premium that I just got. That end of stroke pawl Was not lined up with the hexbolt that goes through the assembly. So when they torqued it at the factory so tight it actually spread open the part you show broken off. And it looks like it cracked right at the center hole point. I wouldn’t be surprised that the undue stress didn’t play a factor. I fixed mine by just backing out the hex bolt and lining up that assembly and then re-tightening. The pics that I put up clearly show the problem. It was a pain to do it because you have to realign the flippers.

#9737 1 year ago

Has anyone upgraded the rubbers on the flippers? If so, did you change colors or keep the black? My husband suggested yellow, but I am thinking it might get lost in all the yellow artwork? What do you think? If we did go with super-bands, anyone have a color suggestion for the LE Version?

#9738 1 year ago

Git gud.
Kidding aside, how much time have you practiced battle royale ? .. that helped me quite a bit trying to reduce my time and improve my score on battle royale mode.

OMG I just discovered it thanks! But back to my "strangely consistent" behavior I can start chaining shots but then if i drain I will drain 2/3 in a row (as in just INSTANT) drains before i can get my rhythm again. It's happened over multiple games

#9739 1 year ago
Quoted from LexiG:

Has anyone upgraded the rubbers on the flippers? If so, did you change colors or keep the black? My husband suggested yellow, but I am thinking it might get lost in all the yellow artwork? What do you think? If we did go with super-bands, anyone have a color suggestion for the LE Version?

If you browse the picture gallery for this forum I'm guessing you'll find pictures showing a lot of different flipper colors. Here's a post I made showing a few colors after I got mine. These were low bounce Titans. I'd never played with anything except regular rubber before and ended up feeling like they were still more bouncy than I prefer so I switched back to regular red rubber. Just my preference though.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/27#post-5908124

#9740 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

If you browse the picture gallery for this forum I'm guessing you'll find pictures showing a lot of different flipper colors. Here's a post I made showing a few colors after I got mine. These were low bounce Titans. I'd never played with anything except regular rubber before and ended up feeling like they were still more bouncy than I prefer so I switched back to regular red rubber. Just my preference though.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/27#post-5908124

I just like the clear silicon because it shows less dirty on the playfield when some natural dust is worn off it. Just replaced all mine on my new machine. Took me a bit to tune the slings

#9741 1 year ago

I wanted to give a quick shout out to all the new owners of AIQ for purchasing my Dr. Strange Disc upgrade/mod. Seems several of you who bought it have been eyeing it for some time and were just waiting to get your game delivered. Thanks to all who have purchased this mod (recently and in the past), you have really helped to make it a great success along with some great customer feedback.

Keep on Spinnin

#9742 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I wanted to give a quick shout out to all the new owners of AIQ for purchasing my Dr. Strange Disc upgrade/mod. Seems several of you who bought it have been eyeing it for some time and were just waiting to get your game delivered. Thanks to all who have purchased this mod (recently and in the past), you have really helped to make it a great success along with some great customer feedback.
Keep on Spinnin

I’ve got a pro on the way. Can you link me to your disc mod?

#9743 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Keep on Spinnin

Not aware of this but please post a link as I am interested!

#9744 1 year ago

I remember in the debate of the premium vs pro a few comments back there was a statement that you can't backhand the captain marvel ramp on a premium .. I did it 3 times in a row last night on my premium. It was magic

Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

Imo you could miss the marvel ramp. The drawback is the ball comes back via orbit. And it's different because you can backhand that shot on a pro, which is impossible on prem/le. But you get a second spinner on a pro...
The physical ball lock stops flow and there are a lot of technical issues you can read about here as well. Nothing to miss here if you get a pro.
In my opinion on that game: the pro is the way to go. Slightly different, but not really worse...
And, by the way, targets are the same on all AiQ...

PS: I was trying to start a Thor multiball....

#9745 1 year ago

I remember in the debate of the premium vs pro a few comments back there was a statement that you can't backhand the captain marvel ramp on a premium .. I did it 3 times in a row last night on my premium. It was magic

I unintentionally back handed the marvel ramp yesterday as well.

I think Stern support is going down hill. My game came missing some parts and the playfield chipped badly by antman early on. Apparently they are completely unable to source a cash box clip and Stern said they would warranty the playfield and send me one. As I knew the game was in production I emailed them asking about the playfield a week or two ago. They just got back to me late Friday saying the game is not in production and they have no eta on the replacement playfield. Well it was in production when I requested the update. I was also told to no longer email Pablo directly. I'm worried the excellent support I've come to know from Stern may be on the down swing.

#9746 1 year ago

Was this from a cradle or was the ball away from the face of the flipper when you flipped it? I haven't heard of anyone being able to backhand it from a cradle, but yes it can be backhanded (usually accidentally) if the ball is off the face of the flipper when it's hit.

#9747 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Was this from a cradle or was the ball away from the face of the flipper when you flipped it? I haven't heard of anyone being able to backhand it from a cradle, but yes it can be backhanded (usually accidentally) if the ball is off the face of the flipper when it's hit.

Yeah, I've backhanded the CM ramp many times with the ball slightly off the flipper, but not from a cradle... can't seem to generate enough speed to get up and around.

#9748 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

I’ve got a pro on the way. Can you link me to your disc mod?

Quoted from A_J_B:

Not aware of this but please post a link as I am interested!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/05285-dr-strange-disc-mod-kit

#9749 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Keep on Spinnin

I am one! It looks great and spins like crazy! I love it, thanks for the great mod.

#9750 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Rolling on the fly from the inlane. If you cradle it, it loses its english.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 12,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/195?hl=enron64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.