IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 253.
#9501 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Well, my score wasn’t at the level of awesome1 but I finally got through everything in one game. Got all 6 gems for 1B, played computer frenzy & trophy mania, and made all the shots through Marksman on Hawkeye Challenge. AIQ is such a great game![quoted image][quoted image]

Well done! AIQ is so fun going through it all! Just make sure you have some time set aside for the journey!

#9502 1 year ago

Sounds like you need to learn how to catch with the flipper.

Quoted from Gentax:

how a ball with bounce off my flipper, hit the sling then drain.

#9503 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Sounds like you need to learn how to catch with the flipper.

I am new to Pinball I am been playing less than a year. As far as I can tail avengers infinity quest is a very vertical game. The second you start going left and right especially on the lower portion i.e. the slingshots, the drain comes

#9504 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Well done! AIQ is so fun going through it all! Just make sure you have some time set aside for the journey!

Lol, definitely!!! I was starting to get up against the time to go pick one of my kids up when I got to my last two balls. I kind of started rushing through spinning the disc and going back through the game because of that otherwise I might have had a crack at going through the full game twice. And, of course, I hadn't logged into Insider Connected for the game. I guess I'll just have to go for it all again So much fun!

#9505 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Lol, definitely!!! I was starting to get up against the time to go pick one of my kids up when I got to my last two balls. I kind of started rushing through spinning the disc and going back through the game because of that otherwise I might have had a crack at going through the full game twice. And, of course, I hadn't logged into Insider Connected for the game. I guess I'll just have to go for it all again So much fun!

My grand champ in Tspp occurred during school pickup. My daughter walked through the rain.

#9506 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

My grand champ in Tspp occurred during school pickup. My daughter walked through the rain.

Ha! That's pretty funny!!! She'll dry off, those types of great games only come along once in awhile though

#9507 1 year ago

Well this just happened….

In my entire lifetime of owning pinball machines I have never made it this far into the wizard modes! Played Black Order, Battle Royale, the topper mode, and got to battle Thanos (and failed). At least a 30 minute game! My previous GC score before today was just over 300M.

26E73850-39AC-4736-967D-28F50FB54BD9 (resized).jpeg26E73850-39AC-4736-967D-28F50FB54BD9 (resized).jpeg965DCC0D-4F88-4DCA-ABF0-46C27341E528 (resized).jpeg965DCC0D-4F88-4DCA-ABF0-46C27341E528 (resized).jpeg
#9508 1 year ago

I have a premium on order that will hopefully ship in this next batch. Are there any tweaks or fixes I should look for when it does arrive?

#9509 1 year ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

I have a premium on order that will hopefully ship in this next batch. Are there any tweaks or fixes I should look for when it does arrive?

Get the cliffy protector set and install that pym shot ball guide protector immediately.

#9510 1 year ago

@bigguybbr
I just printed this one. 25% infill. Support everywhere. Brim adhesion.

I had Mezel Mods Sanctum. I really like it. Its subtle but fits the theme layout very well. But, it angles the original overhead light up at about 45 degrees from the play field and is very annoying for me. Feels like its burning my retinas. Plus at that angle it doesn't illuminate the Strange Sling Ring like the original. It creates a dark spot.

Just installed the mod. Problem solved with illumination and seeing EXTRA BALL!

I will still be trying to find a way to use the Mezel Sanctum but need to rework it.

Thanks for the model!

sanctum print (resized).pngsanctum print (resized).png
print bed (resized).pngprint bed (resized).png
print (resized).pngprint (resized).png
sanctum mod side view (resized).pngsanctum mod side view (resized).png
sanctum dark (resized).pngsanctum dark (resized).png

LET THERE BE LIGHT!
sanctum illuminated (resized).pngsanctum illuminated (resized).png
mezel sanctum (resized).pngmezel sanctum (resized).png

Quoted from bigguybbr:

Added another quick print. Small bracket to make the extra ball indicator easier to see by moving the half globe up and back slightly.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5341351
11 minute print. Used 2 M3*5 screws to secure the plastic to the printed bracket.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#9511 1 year ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

bigguybbr
I had Mezel Mods Sanctum. I really like it. Its subtle but fits the theme layout very well. But, it angles the original overhead light up at about 45 degrees from the play field and is very annoying for me. Feels like its burning my retinas. Plus at that angle it doesn't illuminate the Strange Sling Ring like the original. It creates a dark spot.
I will still be trying to find a way to use the Mezel Sanctum but need to rework it.
Thanks for the model!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
LET THERE BE LIGHT!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Can I buy one from you?

#9512 1 year ago

bigguybbr would have to have first right of refusal. Its his model even though he put it in the public domain.

Quoted from beltking:

Can I buy one from you?

#9513 1 year ago

I ended up using two hex standoffs. The screwed right into the existing mounts and the existing screws held the other side.

IMG_20220408_145117291 (resized).jpgIMG_20220408_145117291 (resized).jpg
#9514 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I ended up using two hex standoffs. The screwed right into the existing mounts and the existing screws held the other side.
[quoted image]

What length did you use? I don't like putting a bunch of mods in but this seems great.

#9515 1 year ago

Hey team! If anyone looking to join the club I just posted my loaded AIQ Pro FS/FT. Great game!

#9516 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

What length did you use? I don't like putting a bunch of mods in but this seems great.

I had a pair on hand but I think it's something like this

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Fascomp/FC4517-440-A?qs=T%252B5DAjFZ5JPnOJSpruDsqw%3D%3D

It's just over 31mm in length and the screws for that part are 4-40 according to the manual. honestly you could go shorter. 1 inch or even 3/4 inch spacer would also work depending on your height. I'm 6 foot and my first thought after putting them on was it could be a little shorter but this is what I had. The 3d print from above is 19.05 mm for comparison. 1 inch would probably be close to perfect.

#9517 1 year ago

I used these screws and 2 random leftover post sleeves. I suggest getting 1.5 inch screws if you can find them since these 1.25 inch screws were barely long enough.

C461C645-20B0-49C0-B7E6-7F2BD7D80B44.jpegC461C645-20B0-49C0-B7E6-7F2BD7D80B44.jpegE8CD0969-EECD-44DB-A6D9-82868E75D2AE.jpegE8CD0969-EECD-44DB-A6D9-82868E75D2AE.jpeg
#9518 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Well this just happened….
In my entire lifetime of owning pinball machines I have never made it this far into the wizard modes! Played Black Order, Battle Royale, the topper mode, and got to battle Thanos (and failed). At least a 30 minute game! My previous GC score before today was just over 300M. [quoted image][quoted image]

Well done. My GC is where yours used to be. My wife is catching up. I have beat thanos once. That was awesome. I really feel this game gets a bad wrap for being too hard and complicated. It has one of the easiest rulesets for newbies, hit the spinny thing and start a mode. Follow the flashing lights and you’re away. Yes there is strategy to moving the gems but you can easily have a satisfying game without worrying about any of that. My wife hates rules and gets aggressive if I tell her what shots to make. She loves this game and handed me my arse on a platter last time we played, absolutely destroyed my score. The added complexities are all stuff on the side giving you extra challenges and so on. I even love soul gem. Never get bored of it, when I finished with 54 flips remaining it meant something. Keith really knows how to reward you for achievements. Great game.

#9519 1 year ago

What is this?

Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

and install that pym shot ball guide protector immediately.

#9520 1 year ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

bigguybbr would have to have first right of refusal. Its his model even though he put it in the public domain.

Go right ahead. I put these out here for the community to enjoy

#9521 1 year ago

https://passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

Look for avengers. The pym shot is also called the Ant-Man shot. The bottom rail on the way to the vuk can damage the playfield without something to lift the rail off the clear coat.

#9522 1 year ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

bigguybbr
Thanks for the model!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
LET THERE BE LIGHT!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Turned out great!

#9523 1 year ago

My Premium is arriving tomorrow complete with inserts and topper. Any good strategies to start with? What to do first?

#9524 1 year ago

Same here, I've got a premium that my distributor says should arrive this week. I'm a first-time Stern owner here so looking for the must-have tips for AIQ. I'm not sure I understand what's going on with that Pym shot protector - that link is to Cliffy's WIP page, is it actually orderable?

Ha, I can't tell if you're asking "what to do first" about playing it or owning/maintaining it. For playing, the basic first strategy is get a portal lock before your gem quests (from secret skill shot, shoot combos, or the computer grid - not the lock square which is for Iron Man, portal lock will be one of the three-in-a-row awards.) I like to start with Time Gem if I do get a portal lock (the center ramps and drop targets are easy to hit in multiball, but the drops are risky for draining), or Mind Gem if I don't.

#9525 1 year ago

As far as non-gameplay.... The protectors people are suggesting are for key ball guides and rails that can tend to scratch up the playfield underneath it. Scoops/etc as well.

My input is if it's nib from Stern, get ahead of it and replace the coil stops. Not sure if their quality in stops have improved over the last year, but they tend to start failing really quickly. Some games you'll notice it vaguely but with AIQ, makes or breaks the game. I bought a used one with under 200 plays and it shot pretty horrible. Might have been part of the reason they got rid of it? But most of the shots were rejected bc lack of power. Looked underneath and the metal shavings everywhere. One of the stops was even loose inside the bracket.

#9526 1 year ago

You have to email cliffy and he emails you a PayPal inv to check. Very old school way needs to update the site to order. He responds quick. It’s around a month wait right now.

#9527 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

As far as non-gameplay.... The protectors people are suggesting are for key ball guides and rails that can tend to scratch up the playfield underneath it. Scoops/etc as well.

Yeah - I'm trying to understand for AIQ specifically, what's available and relevant. AIQ only has the one scoop and eject. I haven't seen anything anywhere mentioning wear around the drop targets, tower drop, up-post, disc, or anything else. Looks like the essentials besides coil stops are for Ant-man and if you have problems with rattling and rejects on the Captain Marvel ramp or the plunger lane entrance to the playfield. Any other advice?

#9528 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Yeah - I'm trying to understand for AIQ specifically, what's available and relevant. AIQ only has the one scoop and eject. I haven't seen anything anywhere mentioning wear around the drop targets, tower drop, up-post, disc, or anything else. Looks like the essentials besides coil stops are for Ant-man and if you have problems with rattling and rejects on the Captain Marvel ramp or the plunger lane entrance to the playfield. Any other advice?

I addressed two main spots on mine early on that looked like they could be areas where the ends of the ball guides were resting on the playfield and so could be a risk to scrape the playfield over time. In both spots I used small fiber washers. Benefit of using a fiber washer is that you can cut a Pac Man shape wedge out of the washer and slip it around the post instead of having to remove everything in order to put the washer around a post.

Here's the first spot I did:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/32#post-5915596

The 2nd spot is at the end of the ball guide at the entrance to the Ant Man hole. I cut a wedge out of two washers, stacked them on top of each other, pried up the guide a bit, and slid the washers around the post in order to keep the end of the ball guide slightly off the playfield. The main idea is to not have the end of a ball guide resting on the playfield. Three main ways to accomplish it:
1) Add a washer to lift it
2) Put mylar under the end of the ball guide
3) Slightly loosen the nut holding the end of the ball guide down and lift the guide so it's not tightened to where it's resting on the playfield...

...Or do a combination of one or more of these. It's not too difficult to do and only really needed in a couple spots. Only other thing I'd suggest is turning down trough eject and adding a small strip of mylar and a protector in the shooter lane. Here's how I do the shooter lanes on mine:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/255#post-6688937

Besides that, just keep the playfield clean in order to keep ball speed up. Black Widow ramp should be makeable on the fly from both flippers. Gauntlet ramp should also be makeable from all three flippers. If you clean and wax it well you can even backhand the Gauntlet ramp on the fly from the right flipper. Marvel ramp looks easy but needs a good clean shot to make it through. If you're getting a decent number of shots through Marvel while other shots that seem clean look like they are rejected, then that's normal. Marvel can be a deceptive a shot that can look like one is "rejected" when in fact it just wasn't quite a clean enough shot due to ball spin, speed, or angle. If you have trouble with it you can try to slightly nudge the wire form or do a mod to assist you with the shot. I'd give it a chance without the mod first.

Have fun! This game so much fun to shoot!! Practicing endlessly repeating combos of Widow to Marvel and also Gauntlet to Hawkeye loop is a good way to start to get a feel for the shots in the game.

#9529 1 year ago

I'm hoping to hear from my distro this week on a premium. We didn't think we would do a second NIB, but if the wife says go for it I gotta listen.

#9530 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Can I buy one from you?

PM sent

#9531 1 year ago

Hi all,
I just bought an Avengers AIQ (PRO) and i am looking for the custom updated 1.03 code with the original sound / music, i can not find it
Can anyone help me finding it ?
Thxs so much
Nicolas

#9532 1 year ago
Quoted from nicogenin:

Hi all,
I just bought an Avengers AIQ (PRO) and i am looking for the custom updated 1.03 code with the original sound / music, i can not find it
Can anyone help me finding it ?
Thxs so much
Nicolas

Send a PM to Spider , he will take care of you!

#9533 1 year ago

ok, thxs ! Just did

#9534 1 year ago

Hey folks. I have a new AIQ on the way and have a couple quick questions of any of the new AIQ owners or previous owners as well. The Mrs. Marvel ramp was mentioned earlier in this thread and there is a mod out there for the ramp addressing rejects. Does anyone know if STERN has made any changes in this area with this latest AIQ run? As well, has STERN made any changes at all to the build to address any previous issues?
Appreciate the input

#9535 1 year ago
Quoted from DesertPinGuy:

Hey folks. I have a new AIQ on the way and have a couple quick questions of any of the new AIQ owners or previous owners as well. The Mrs. Marvel ramp was mentioned earlier in this thread and there is a mod out there for the ramp addressing rejects. Does anyone know if STERN has made any changes in this area with this latest AIQ run? As well, has STERN made any changes at all to the build to address any previous issues?
Appreciate the input

Honestly, I did not find much of an issue with that ramp. Just a good clean shot. I added the wall there to see if it would improve the success rate but didnt really notice a difference.

#9536 1 year ago

Nib avengers question.
1 only happened once so far but the left pop slug went crazy and kept hiring and racking up points in its own. Opened door to stop it. Any ideas?

Also in settings I changed tunnel to pass through instead of normal. It still clips through. How do I get it to just roll through?

#9537 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

1 only happened once so far but the left pop slug went crazy a...

I wouldn't worried aboot it until it happens again. Maybe the the pop got stuck on the edge of the spoon or something weird .

Quoted from DesertPinGuy:

Appreciate the input

Quoted from Sleal16:

Honestly, I did not find much of an issue with that ramp. Just a good clean shot. I added the wall there to see if it would improve the success rate but didnt really notice a difference.

The eternal question whether its real or mental.
The short answer is a doubt Stern has changed anything.

#9538 1 year ago

Added a Premium today. Did a couple of the ball guid fixes by adding some washers. I find the loop to be very satisfying when it doesn't reject. So happy we went with the Premium.

#9539 1 year ago

I am noticing that this machine is darker when not in play than my other machines. Is this normal or am I missing something.

#9540 1 year ago

I am noticing that this machine is darker when not in play than my other machines. Is this normal or am I missing something.

AIQ does turn off the GI quite a bit while in attract mode.

#9541 1 year ago

My first pinstadium went on this machine. It definitely makes a difference on this machine. The center of the playfield is pretty dark. Just my two cents

#9542 1 year ago

Thanks for the feedback folks. Sounds like the best way to address ramp shots is to improve my game!!

#9543 1 year ago

Question - was playing last night and went for the time gem - usually not a gem I go after in the beginning. Is it odd that the drop targets stay down when you miss the cycling target shot, opposed to auto popping back up? You already lose multipliers when you miss and when it stays down, it limits you to the drop(s) left to have to clear or hit the rest left standing to have them reset.

Maybe I am miss understanding the rules or should I just shoot better?

Cheers
-M

#9544 1 year ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Question - was playing last night and went for the time gem - usually not a gem I go after in the beginning. Is it odd that the drop targets stay down when you miss the cycling target shot, opposed to auto popping back up? You already lose multipliers when you miss and when it stays down, it limits you to the drop(s) left to have to clear or hit the rest left standing to have them reset.
Cheers
-M

Yes, normal for the drop targets to stay down. The idea being you need to hit the one that is still up when it is flashing. If you miss them all, then the center target will stay lit until you hit it.

#9545 1 year ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Cheers
-M

I think so and maybe lol

As awesome1 said the key is to hit any drop when it is the one flashing. That means the drops don't need to recycle when one is knocked down while it isn't flashing. The other two will still be standing and the goal will still be to hit one of them while it's the one flashing. If you knock down all three but haven't hit one while it's flashing then they reset and the center one stays flashing, so at that point it becomes the only one you need to hit to make progress.

#9546 1 year ago

I get that - just seems like you are double penalized, drop stays down and you loose a multiplier, for hitting a moving shot that is already difficult when stationary. I guess when you pair it with the easiest 2 shots (center ramps) to hit it evens out.

i just need to play better .

#9547 1 year ago

My AIQ pro will be here Wednesday! Prematurely joining the club hahah

#9548 1 year ago

And I'm in the club too, got mine Wednesday and been having a blast on it, even around some setup issues. Just had my best game so far, 540 million, four gems, including winning Thanos Attacks, and when I had the foresight to Change Gems right before to put Mind on Black Panther for free hits and Reality on Black Widow for the multiplier. (I think Reality's multiplier should work on Thanos Attacks shots? Didn't get to see the shot values during the game.)

My most beautiful moment was this: Iron Man MB, phase two, one ball held on each flipper. I shot Panther from the left (jackpot), Hulk from the right (jackpot), the returning ball from Panther up into the tower (super), the ball from Hulk came to the upper flipper to shoot Hawkeye, and from there into the tower for double super. The only thing better than flowing combos on this machine is doing it with two balls at the same time!

Bunch of assorted comments:

I've got both plunger problems. Autoplunger shots rattle somewhere and fail to make it around about one-third of the time. I decreased the autoplunger power to 230 which helped a bit but didn't solve it. Going lower meant clean shots wouldn't make it. I saw upthread that this happens when the ball is falling off the shooter ramp too early and too far to the left; I need to get slow-motion video to see what's happening.

My manual plunger never comes close to making it around. I think the problem is that there's a big gap between the tip of the shooter rod and where the ball rests on the autoplunger forks - the ball sits over a quarter inch beyond the tip. I think this is because the outer shooter spring is too long - has anyone tried either compressing that or replacing it with a shorter one?

I get launched balls stuck under the gauntlet frequently. Was there an official Stern fix for this?

I agree with the folks who say to turn UP the slingshot power to avoid outlane drains. That makes them often kick partway up the Thor and Panther orbits, for a slow return to gain control. It also helps in multiballs, they clear the area in front of the flippers more. Also get a few more random hits to the drops and Ant-man.

I get a lot of balls falling out of the left side of the Captain Marvel ramp, sometimes even onto the gauntlet ramp wireform, I definitely want to put in some kind of shield barrier there.

For slow returns from the Panther orbit, I've got the issue where the post there bumps the ball out towards the center. I kinda like it this way. Most of the time it goes to a flipper, and when it doesn't, I can see and react early enough to slap save. Better than hitting the slingshot I think.

Had some minor problems when a drained ball would sit at the top of the trough instead of rolling down. I think I got this fixed by sanding the edges of the trough groove, hasn't happened again since.

No problems with any of the following: disc (smooth and flush and level), subway, optos (none miswired or mislabeled as far as I can tell), or balls falling off the gauntlet ramp or getting stuck at the intersection of the gauntlet and CM wireforms.

#9549 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

And I'm in the club too, got mine Wednesday and been having a blast on it, even around some setup issues. Just had my best game so far, 540 million, four gems, including winning Thanos Attacks, and when I had the foresight to Change Gems right before to put Mind on Black Panther for free hits and Reality on Black Widow for the multiplier. (I think Reality's multiplier should work on Thanos Attacks shots? Didn't get to see the shot values during the game.)
My most beautiful moment was this: Iron Man MB, phase two, one ball held on each flipper. I shot Panther from the left (jackpot), Hulk from the right (jackpot), the returning ball from Panther up into the tower (super), the ball from Hulk came to the upper flipper to shoot Hawkeye, and from there into the tower for double super. The only thing better than flowing combos on this machine is doing it with two balls at the same time!
Bunch of assorted comments:
I've got both plunger problems. Autoplunger shots rattle somewhere and fail to make it around about one-third of the time. I decreased the autoplunger power to 230 which helped a bit but didn't solve it. Going lower meant clean shots wouldn't make it. I saw upthread that this happens when the ball is falling off the shooter ramp too early and too far to the left; I need to get slow-motion video to see what's happening.
My manual plunger never comes close to making it around. I think the problem is that there's a big gap between the tip of the shooter rod and where the ball rests on the autoplunger forks - the ball sits over a quarter inch beyond the tip. I think this is because the outer shooter spring is too long - has anyone tried either compressing that or replacing it with a shorter one?
I get launched balls stuck under the gauntlet frequently. Was there an official Stern fix for this?
I agree with the folks who say to turn UP the slingshot power to avoid outlane drains. That makes them often kick partway up the Thor and Panther orbits, for a slow return to gain control. It also helps in multiballs, they clear the area in front of the flippers more. Also get a few more random hits to the drops and Ant-man.
I get a lot of balls falling out of the left side of the Captain Marvel ramp, sometimes even onto the gauntlet ramp wireform, I definitely want to put in some kind of shield barrier there.
For slow returns from the Panther orbit, I've got the issue where the post there bumps the ball out towards the center. I kinda like it this way. Most of the time it goes to a flipper, and when it doesn't, I can see and react early enough to slap save. Better than hitting the slingshot I think.
Had some minor problems when a drained ball would sit at the top of the trough instead of rolling down. I think I got this fixed by sanding the edges of the trough groove, hasn't happened again since.
No problems with any of the following: disc (smooth and flush and level), subway, optos (none miswired or mislabeled as far as I can tell), or balls falling off the gauntlet ramp or getting stuck at the intersection of the gauntlet and CM wireforms.

When you take slow motion video on the auto plunge check the path of travel from the resting position to the end of the metal shooter lane ramp. If the ball is veering before it gets to the end of that lane then you might need to adjust that metal lane ramp a bit. Once you get the launch dialed in I wouldn't think you'll have many or any balls launching under the gauntlet. I think in the entire time I've had my machine that's only happened once on mine. Slow motion video will give you the information you need to dial it in though.

For the manual plunge, you can take the washer off the outside of the cabinet and that will scoot the tip a bit more toward the ball. If that doesn't do enough then another possible solution is to replace the spring with a red or orange spring if there that's not the color spring on your rod already. When I got the lit rod I had that same problem with the outer spring being a bit less compressed so the manual plunge wasn't strong enough to get it around. I put a red spring on and it wasn't ever a problem again.

That return from the Panther orbit bouncing off the post on the premium is by design. At some point if that bounce stops happening for you it will likely be due to the post having slightly unscrewed and become loose so the ball won't bounce off it as much. When/if that happens just retighten the screw and use blue Loctite when you do it.

Keep those combos rolling! Getting balls chasing each other through all the shots during multiball is so much fun in this game.

#9550 1 year ago

Any extra mindgem tips outside of "shoot the flashing lane" and "get multiball if needed"?

I have been steadily practicing for over 2 weeks with about 15 to 40 attempts a day and after all my practicing I have completed the quest a total of 4 times.

I also tried taking a break to see if that would make me shoot better and after my mini hiatus i had over 5 games where I drained before the ball even touched my bottom flippers.

In terms of hitting the shots I can hit almost anything within 2 attempts but struggle hitting the post in certain positions. In fact I've had a game where I've "thudded" the post over five times. I can beat strange and hulk regularly but mind gem just keeps eluding me no matter how much I do (or don't) practice

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lynchburg, VA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
There are 12,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/191?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.