IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 256.
#9251 2 years ago

After selling my GnR LE recently, I have decided to join the AIQ club. I've been told by my distributor that there is to be another run in March and he has my name on a Premium.

Anyone have any insight whether these will come off the line in early March or will it be later in the month?

I've already started to acquire the standard mods that I get for any new game. Holding off on some of the game-specific mods until I know for sure that I will have a game in hand next month... also hoping to pick up some at TPF after getting a chance to see them in person!

#9252 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

After selling my GnR LE recently, I have decided to join the AIQ club. I've been told by my distributor that there is to be another run in March and he has my name on a Premium.
Anyone have any insight whether these will come off the line in early March or will it be later in the month?
I've already started to acquire the standard mods that I get for any new game. Holding off on some of the game-specific mods until I know for sure that I will have a game in hand next month... also hoping to pick up some at TPF after getting a chance to see them in person!

Just curious why you sold your GnR?

#9253 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

If it's slated in March, my guess is late. Only guessing that because their Feb production of Rush is behind 2-3 weeks it's seems. Unless they shuffle things around again

#9254 2 years ago
Quoted from MLarkin78:

Just curious why you sold your GnR?

I just felt like it was time for something new. I had no issues with my GnR, but I am feeling the need for another Elwin game in the house and it's not possible to get a NIB Godzilla Premium right now.

#9255 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I just felt like it was time for something new. I had no issues with my GnR, but I am feeling the need for another Elwin game in the house and it's not possible to get a NIB Godzilla Premium right now.

You won't miss the GNR after you land this AIQ as a replacement. It's a fantastic shooter and has staying power, hope you get it soon!

#9256 2 years ago

I've seen 2 different side blades for this, the stern ones with all the Avengers on one side, and the blades with all the buildings/ cityscape.

Who sells the city blades?

#9257 2 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:I've seen 2 different side blades for this, the stern ones with all the Avengers on one side, and the blades with all the buildings/ cityscape.

Tilt graphics

#9258 2 years ago

So I have ordered a new March run AIQ and am excited to get going! I have seen posts about ramp issues, I think CAPT Marvel ramp issues? Can't remember offhand but anyway, ramp issues one way or another.

What were the issues? And - is this the kind of thing that will be fixed in a new run like this, or will Stern just make it the same as the old ones with an issue and I'll need to fix it? I would really appreciate some help here because if it's the latter, I'd like to be prepared with what I need when the machine gets here. Thanks in advance!

#9259 2 years ago
Quoted from Defil8de:

So I have ordered a new March run AIQ and am excited to get going! I have seen posts about ramp issues, I think CAPT Marvel ramp issues? Can't remember offhand but anyway, ramp issues one way or another.
What were the issues? And - is this the kind of thing that will be fixed in a new run like this, or will Stern just make it the same as the old ones with an issue and I'll need to fix it? I would really appreciate some help here because if it's the latter, I'd like to be prepared with what I need when the machine gets here. Thanks in advance!

The marvel ramp fix isn’t a must. It just increases the likely hood the pinball makes it all the way through the shot. Like you I bought the ramp fixed before my machine showed up. It does help but I wouldn’t say the ramp needs fixing. Out of my three pinball machines this one was the best out of the box.

#9260 2 years ago
Quoted from Defil8de:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/165#post-6509077

#9261 2 years ago
Quoted from Defil8de:

The Captain Marvel ramp is the one ramp in the game that gives most of us the trouble, and I doubt Stern is changing anything because it's by design that this shot is difficult to make. It takes a clean shot, plus a strong shot to pull it off repeatedly. However, flipper fade starts to kick in as the game play continues, and that makes it harder the longer the game is played. Installing cooling fans for the flipper coils to reduce fade is probably your best mod, that and plastic wire form helpers, but in the end it just comes down to nailing that shot in the sweet spot and it will make it around.

My advice for what it's worth is to play the game as is for a couple hundred plays, by that time you'll have figured out what you think you will want to update to dial it in for your style of play.

#9262 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

The Captain Marvel ramp is the one ramp in the game that gives most of us the trouble, and I doubt Stern is changing anything because it's by design that this shot is difficult to make. It takes a clean shot, plus a strong shot to pull it off repeatedly. However, flipper fade starts to kick in as the game play continues, and that makes it harder the longer the game is played. Installing cooling fans for the flipper coils to reduce fade is probably your best mod, that and plastic wire form helpers, but in the end it just comes down to nailing that shot in the sweet spot and it will make it around.
My advice for what it's worth is to play the game as is for a couple hundred plays, by that time you'll have figured out what you think you will want to update to dial it in for your style of play.

To add a bit to pinhead, Couple of hundred plays and make sure the Stern coil stops dont crap out earlier than it should. My game when I got it was at 150-200 games and teh stops were already shot. Multiple shots were extremely difficult, not just CM. Not sure how much that might have affected the previous owner's decision to sell it as far as not having fun with it, but as soon as I corrected those stops and added cooling fans, been a blast ever since.

#9263 2 years ago

Getting a ball hung up on the end of my right wireform sometimes after a captain marvel
Shot… anyone deal with this issue?

#9264 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

You won't miss the GNR after you land this AIQ as a replacement. It's a fantastic shooter and has staying power, hope you get it soon!

I am not a big marvel fan but I love my AIQ pro. I played an LE and the upcharge wasn’t worth it to me. An awesome pin as is Godzilla and hope to add Jurassic park this year.

#9265 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Getting a ball hung up on the end of my right wireform sometimes after a captain marvel
Shot… anyone deal with this issue?

Hung up as theres no enough momentum and slows to a halt? I had a couple of those happen when I had taken off that wireform and didnt put it back on correctly. The two pegs that go into the ant man scoop did not sit correctly and that end of the form was slightly raised. Even if its not that, might help reseatting the whole thing. It could be contorted and tight in spots.

#9266 2 years ago

I picked up an AIQ premium with 167 plays recently. I’ve noticed an issue with the subway. When there is a ball locked in there, and then I get another ball down in there for a gem battle, the game doesn’t kick the first locked ball out of the subway. Eventually it goes into ball search and serves BOTH of the balls out of the subway.

Anyone run into this before?

#9267 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I picked up an AIQ premium with 167 plays recently. I’ve noticed an issue with the subway. When there is a ball locked in there, and then I get another ball down in there for a gem battle, the game doesn’t kick the first locked ball out of the subway. Eventually it goes into ball search and serves BOTH of the balls out of the subway.
Anyone run into this before?

Check in switch test that the subway optos are all registering and in the correct order. You can switch plug connections at the mechanism if needed.

See if the last subway walking mechanism "finger" (closest to Ant Man scoop) is not standing straight up like the other two are. If that's the case, see my post in the link and the post below mine there. Couple different ways to permanently fix the issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/161#post-6483577

#9268 2 years ago

hiker2099 awesome1 1956PINHEAD Sleal16

Thanks so very much to you all (and anyone else who chimes in later) for your replies. I'm not going to worry about the ramps until it's an issue. I'm very excited to get this pin!

Thanks!

#9269 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

If it’s a early run of the game Stern has made an updated replacement subway where I believe they’ve Made a bevel in the channel that the ball rides in.
I took mine out and filed a little bevel In there myself and never had a problem again. I still need to call Stern to get the new updated Subway myself.

#9270 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

There are some settings under the game adjustments menu for ball save during gem quests. I have never had a ball save active during the gem quest no matter what those values are set to - if I get a STDM or a sling into the outlanes 1 second after starting a quest, it is failed. Why are those settings there if they are not active? Am I missing something?

You only get a ball save at the start of a gem quest IF you have at least one portal lock (ie it’s a MB). Otherwise, no ball save. This is another, lesser known, advantage of portal locks.

#9271 2 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

I've seen 2 different side blades for this, the stern ones with all the Avengers on one side, and the blades with all the buildings/ cityscape.

Have a look at Wizardmod, they have grate blades.

#9272 2 years ago

Sorry I know this is probably a repeat. My Disc is not registering at all. I have premium and from my reading on here the end of the disc shaft should not be touching the sensor plate in the down position?

I was trying to fix it by making it touch? Made more sense to me.

Thanks

#9273 2 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Sorry I know this is probably a repeat. My Disc is not registering at all. I have premium and from my reading on here the end of the disc shaft should not be touching the sensor plate in the down position?
Thanks

Follow this link and click on the image... it' a 3 page pdf. Page 3 goes over adjusting the field strength for the disc.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/84#post-6052220

#9274 2 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Thanks

Another simple way to adjust the gap between the sensor and the magnet is to just use a credit card to set the gap. Fine tune as awesome1 has suggested to complete the process.

#9275 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Much better game. GnR looks awesome and should be but bores me. Give me a flowy fast AF Stern over JJP games any day.

#9276 2 years ago

Need help.

Bought new Pinstadium Neos and can’t figure out where to plug the Konekt adapters. Can someone explain or send a pic? Thanks

#9277 2 years ago

Cancel… Figured it out

#9278 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Much better game. GnR looks awesome and should be but bores me. Give me a flowy fast AF Stern over JJP games any day.

Agreed, just played a buddies GNR and wow, nothing in it! Plays slow too! AIQ hands down plays faster and ZY art package on Avengers is light years better than GNR too.

#9279 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agreed, just played a buddies GNR and wow, nothing in it! Plays slow too! AIQ hands down plays faster and ZY art package on Avengers is light years better than GNR too.

And AIQ really shouldn’t be far ahead. That’s what is too bad about GnR. They had it all with License, band members participating, art package, songs, tons of stuff on the PF but somehow fell short. It’s a shame.

#9280 2 years ago

I've not seen nor played GnR, but it did win game of the year didn't it? (not positive) Just shows how everyone's tastes are different. Not wrong. Just different. That's one of the many things that makes this hobby so great!

I constantly vacillate between hating and loving JP for instance! But AIQ I love.

#9281 2 years ago

Ok, I'll pipe up. I love my GNR. Super great game. Last weekend we went to Chicago to pickup a AIQ because it was interesting and pretty fun on site. I wanted to get one because the rules are too deep for my playing level and wanted to learn how to get as deep as I can into it. I don't walk away from it with a wow factor like GNR, but it is still fun, and different. I haven't sold a pin yet. We buy what we like after playing them several times. We will eventually buy a Godzilla also.

People like games for different reasons. I can see why some tournament type good players don't like JJP games. JJP and Stern will both do well. Fun sells, and the definition of what people consider fun is why a little variety in pinball is a great thing.

#9282 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Ok, I'll pipe up. I love my GNR. Super great game. Last weekend we went to Chicago to pickup a AIQ because it was interesting and pretty fun on site. I wanted to get one because the rules are too deep for my playing level and wanted to learn how to get as deep as I can into it. I don't walk away from it with a wow factor like GNR, but it is still fun, and different. I haven't sold a pin yet. We buy what we like after playing them several times. We will eventually buy a Godzilla also.
People like games for different reasons. I can see why some tournament type good players don't like JJP games. JJP and Stern will both do well. Fun sells, and the definition of what people consider fun is why a little variety in pinball is a great thing.

I don’t like JJP’s at all. Not exciting of me. All my personal choice. Problem with AIQ is the rules are overly complicated and not even near straight forward. Shoots like a dream though. Something for everyone. Vote with your dollars on purchases and not complaining on the internets is best so sorry if I came on too strong. You know when you get a game announced you think you would really dig and it falls short of your high expectations. It hurts.

#9283 2 years ago

I have GNR, WW and AIQ, I love all three for different reasons. GNR is my first music pin and I think it needs to be compared to that genre of Pinball machines. One of the best light shows ever and so many songs that it doesn’t feel repetitive. JMHO.

#9284 2 years ago

Well since it seems like comparisons keep being done in our Avengers club thread with GNR: AIQ should have been game of the year without a doubt, but TWIP was tired of giving every game of the year to Keith Elwin, so GNR was put there by default. The first few games all the blinding bright lights were impressive, then after hearing the only great cover song written by Paul M. ten times it begins to become boring. Hearing Axl’s quite shot voice greatly reduces one to want to keep playing the same, mostly cover songs over and over again. But AIQ is fresh and new every time I step up to it, with tons of shots, fast play, fun ball interactive mechs and combos galore. Strategy never ends with AIQ, but there is virtually no strategy or satisfying shots to GNR, unless you’re a MB lover. (Yes, Elwin will get game of the year again this year, with GZ.) He’ll get it again next year, no matter what company goes against him, he’s just that good. Having AIQ in a collection with deep code, makes for a long haul fun game to have around.

#9285 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well since it seems like comparisons keep being done in our Avengers club thread with GNR: AIQ should have been game of the year without a doubt, but TWIP was tired of giving every game of the year to Keith Elwin, so GNR was put there by default. The first few games all the blinding bright lights were impressive, then after hearing the only great cover song written by Paul M. ten times it begins to become boring. Hearing Axl’s quite shot voice greatly reduces one to want to keep playing the same, mostly cover songs over and over again. But AIQ is fresh and new every time I step up to it, with tons of shots, fast play, fun ball interactive mechs and combos galore. Strategy never ends with AIQ, but there is virtually no strategy or satisfying shots to GNR, unless you’re a MB lover. (Yes, Elwin will get game of the year again this year, with GZ.) He’ll get it again next year, no matter what company goes against him, he’s just that good. Having AIQ in a collection with deep code, makes for a long haul fun game to have around.

Lol. I also have both pins. AIQ has better flow. But GnR clearly has the lead on lights, sounds/callouts, theme integration, innovation (hotrails). You could argue either one on code and toys. But if you give equal weight to all those categories it’s pretty clear why GNR was the overall TWIPY winner.

That being said, I love my AIQ and currently play it more than the GnR.

#9286 2 years ago

We're going to put all his games up as a gauntlet. AIQ the mainstay, and swap one out with IMDN, JP, and Godzilla every month or two at home for my wife and I to spend a good amount of time in to get proper comparison.

JP at the arcade we never really liked even though we're both heavy franchise fans, but we'll see later. Currently IMDN is up for "review". One week in and we jam with it more but still prefer AIQ gameplay. 3 more weeks.

#9287 2 years ago

I just tossed this on the marketplace if anyone needs a replacement. It's new and ready to go. I don't believe this part is available anywhere and I never ended up needing it.

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “I have a complete and in perfect condition Captain Marvel ramp/wireform. I have sold my game and no longer need this extra part from Stern.”
2022-02-27
Vienna, VA
150 (Firm)
Archived after: 16 days
Viewed: 122 times

#9288 2 years ago

Just joined the club. A frustrating thing though is the tower magnet. Is the post supposed to come up when the magnet holds the ball? I get sdtm everytime when it releases. Plus Hawkeye challenge is virtually useless. To get a shot is impossible? Any help would be great. Thx.

#9289 2 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Just joined the club. A frustrating thing though is the tower magnet. Is the post supposed to come up when the magnet holds the ball? I get sdtm everytime when it releases. Plus Hawkeye challenge is virtually useless. To get a shot is impossible? Any help would be great. Thx.

I learned early from the release of the tower magnet to either hold up that upper flipper or try to make a shot off of it. Its almost always SDTM if I just let it drop. Not sure if its all the time since I've integrated attempting a shot each time is that when I do forget or get distracted, I see a temporary ball save activated from the action of hitting the tower. As a way to continue playing after it drains. Dont know if its something in recent code and if its activated all the time.

Hawkeye challenge is a ....challenge. I can hit the lvl 1 challenge 1/3rd of the time, which is nice getting that extra portal lock. Sometimes I get ballsy and up the difficulty (from pressing the action button), and 1 in 10, maybe less, I'll hit it and get rewarded a lost gem mode. For that kind of reward, its meant to be difficult. It takes a lot of practice and that window to make the loop is super precise with the speed in which it drops at. Hardest shot of the game. All that can be said is keep at it. at the very least learn to hit that loop consistently from a post release and get a feel of where on that flipper its successful...then from the tower shot add in micro second early flips to compensate for that extra speed.

#9290 2 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

No, the post never comes up after a tower magnet hold.... only after collecting a gem.

AS Sleal16 mentioned, it's all about timing. Hold the left flipper up otherwise.

#9291 2 years ago

Alright guys. Need a little hell here. My subway is having issues. The far right finger doesn’t come up all the way sometimes and the ball won’t rest in the opto path, so it goes into ball search eventually.

Here is what I found. There is too much play on the mech, so when it moves to the up position, the finger isn’t getting pushed up. Anyone run into this before and have a good fix?

30CEA50D-A40B-425E-9173-A1A6C1C9EA9C (resized).jpeg30CEA50D-A40B-425E-9173-A1A6C1C9EA9C (resized).jpegD1197F20-A3A8-441F-A8B8-4D2AD8E11DF8 (resized).jpegD1197F20-A3A8-441F-A8B8-4D2AD8E11DF8 (resized).jpegF9FFFFA4-54C2-4DB6-A276-33F81AB7299A (resized).jpegF9FFFFA4-54C2-4DB6-A276-33F81AB7299A (resized).jpeg
#9292 2 years ago

Thanks. Yeah. I've been holding the flipper up. Seems to be the only solution. Else sdtm 9 out of ten times. I'll keep at it. It's a very challenging game for sure!
By chance. Does anyone know how to clear the topper? I bought it with 4 out of 6 gems lit. Just want a fresh start.

#9293 2 years ago

Can anyone explain how the topper lighting should function? Should the position of the gems on the display, match the position of the gems on the topper? It seems hard to know what gems remain to fill the topper, without the position corrosponding. See my pic below.

I collected the mind gem. I already had 3 gems lit on my topper before collecting it. No new gems lit up on my topper. But according to the display, the second from the right gem should have lit.

IMG_2032 (resized).jpgIMG_2032 (resized).jpg

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#9294 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can anyone explain how the topper lighting should function? Should the position of the gems on the display, match the position of the gems on the topper? It seems hard to know what gems remain to fill the topper, without the position corrosponding. See my pic below.
I collected the mind gem. I already had 3 gems lit on my topper before collecting it. No new gems lit up on my topper. But according to the display, the second from the right gem should have lit.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It's the color of the gems, not the position. (Maybe they should have thought of that.) When you collect a gem, that same gem will light on the topper. If you've already collected that gem (like the mind gem in you photo), there will be no change.

#9295 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

No correlation to your current game. It's a mode you gain from across any game you play and you need to collect all 6 at any point to start gem mania.

The stones on the topper are, from left to right: time, space, mind, reality, soul and power

You're missing time, space and soul to complete the topper

#9296 2 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Thanks. Yeah. I've been holding the flipper up. Seems to be the only solution. Else sdtm 9 out of ten times. I'll keep at it. It's a very challenging game for sure!
By chance. Does anyone know how to clear the topper? I bought it with 4 out of 6 gems lit. Just want a fresh start.

If you just got it and don't care about the previous scores, think resetting the game to factory should clear it up.

#9297 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Alright guys. Need a little hell here. My subway is having issues. The far right finger doesn’t come up all the way sometimes and the ball won’t rest in the opto path, so it goes into ball search eventually.
Here is what I found. There is too much play on the mech, so when it moves to the up position, the finger isn’t getting pushed up. Anyone run into this before and have a good fix?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very common problem discussed a lot in this thread. If you don't get a replacement mech from Stern then there are some fixes people have posted. Here are a couple of them from sqwalker and MartinAcoustic

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/149#post-6357961

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/161#post-6483649

#9298 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

It's the color of the gems, not the position. (Maybe they should have thought of that.) When you collect a gem, that same gem will light on the topper. If you've already collected that gem (like the mind gem in you photo), there will be no change.

Oh sweet. I'm color blind... lol!

#9299 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

No correlation to your current game. It's a mode you gain from across any game you play and you need to collect all 6 at any point to start gem mania.
The stones on the topper are, from left to right: time, space, mind, reality, soul and power
You're missing time, space and soul to complete the topper

Thanks! I'll have to remember those positions!

#9300 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Very common problem discussed a lot in this thread. If you don't get a replacement mech from Stern then there are some fixes people have posted. Here are a couple of them from sqwalker and MartinAcoustic
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/149#post-6357961
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/161#post-6483649

Awesome. Thanks for taking the time to link those!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Trade
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/186?hl=breger1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.