IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 256.
#9201 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I have a very hard time post passing on TMNT, I typically end up kind of having backflip the ball up the inlane a bit so it can get some speed to hop over to the other flipper (usually from left flipper to right). Jurassic Park post passes like a dream for me though.

Interesting... I have a question. What type of rubbers do you have on your slings for TMNT? I used titan silicone rubbers on my TMNT when I had it. I wonder if that affects it. I know it does add spin to the ball.

#9202 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Interesting... I have a question. What type of rubbers do you have on your slings for TMNT? I used titan silicone rubbers on my TMNT when I had it. I wonder if that affects it. I know it does add spin to the ball.

So I did an experiment last night and traded out the stock rubber for titan silicone rings on the the slings, and sure enough, post transfers from right to left are a breeze. Left to right, still not so much, but it is an improvement.

Is this all in my head (or my machine)?

#9203 2 years ago

Picked up an AIQ and love it. I'm going to apologize in advance for the dumb question but my google-fu isn't working.

Is there a flow chart or menu tree listing somewhere of the menu functions? I don't see a number of functions within the menus that are talked about in this thread and I don't know what other functions do such as install "directors cut" and things like that.

Again my apologies, this is my first new game, I've always had pre-2000 games and am used to the manual having an explanation of each menu item. I haven't had any experience with these new stern systems. Thanks in advance.

#9204 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

So I did an experiment last night and traded out the stock rubber for titan silicone rings on the the slings, and sure enough, post transfers from right to left are a breeze. Left to right, still not so much, but it is an improvement.
Is this all in my head (or my machine)?

post passes are possible just difficult. Difficult enough that I just rather us the ramps, plus that gives progress on the avenger. It's not something I would rely on for AIQ. I can do them on stranger things but same thing. Not reliable enough to make it a go to strategy. Munsters, turtles, guardians, rush I'll post pass all day on.

#9205 2 years ago

What is the slingshot power on your AIQ guys??

#9206 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

What is the slingshot power on your AIQ guys??

default, I don't think I've touched anything other than the trough eject power

#9207 2 years ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Picked up an AIQ and love it. I'm going to apologize in advance for the dumb question but my google-fu isn't working.
Is there a flow chart or menu tree listing somewhere of the menu functions? I don't see a number of functions within the menus that are talked about in this thread and I don't know what other functions do such as install "directors cut" and things like that.
Again my apologies, this is my first new game, I've always had pre-2000 games and am used to the manual having an explanation of each menu item. I haven't had any experience with these new stern systems. Thanks in advance.

Does the manual have what you need? There is a good bit of information in there that might help?

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Avengers-Pro-Manual.pdf

#9208 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Does the manual have what you need? There is a good bit of information in there that might help?
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Avengers-Pro-Manual.pdf

Thanks for that. Oddly enough, the premium manual doesn't have that menu tree which is why I was asking. I was also hoping there was a matrix out there that barney style explained what each mode did similar to what Williams does in their manuals.

Some type of matrix that lists what features changes there are between easy, medium and hard and what the other modes are such as directors cut.

It would also be nice to know all the different parameters you can change (flipper power etc) and what min and max are.

#9209 2 years ago

Thanks for that. Oddly enough, the premium manual doesn't have that menu tree which is why I was asking. I was also hoping there was a matrix out there that barney style explained what each mode did similar to what Williams does in their manuals.
Some type of matrix that lists what changes with features between easy, medium and hard and what the other modes are such as directors cut.
It would also be nice to know all the different parameters you can change (flipper power etc) and what min and max are.

The PDF linked in the previous post was for the Avengers from 2012. The AIQ pro & premium (https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/AvengersInfinity_Pro_web.pdf / https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/AvengersInfinity_LE_Pre_web.pdf) manuals have a more limited description of the menu system on pg 6, but I haven't seen a matrix of easy/med/hard settings that you were looking for.

Check out the rule sheet too (https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/AIQ-Rule-Sheet.pdf) It has descriptions of the difficulty differences of some modes etc.

THOR Collect (resized).pngTHOR Collect (resized).png
#9210 2 years ago

Every now and then my ball keeps rejecting off the black widow (Center) ramp. I took a video, slowed it down and notice the ball launches off the metal ramp, into the clear plastic above (don’t want this to break from repeated hits), then bounces down the ramp and usually SDTM. My table is at 6.8 degrees and flippers are factory power (with fans installed). Tried lowering power but then can’t make Black Panther orbit all the way up the ramp. Hoping for a solution that’s not increase the slope to 7, 7.1 but will be trying that if there’s not another fix… this games hard enough haha

- Video of the fails... same game

#9211 2 years ago
Quoted from SlamtiltAB:

Every now and then my ball keeps rejecting off the black widow (Center) ramp. I took a video, slowed it down and notice the ball launches off the metal ramp, into the clear plastic above (don’t want this to break from repeated hits), then bounces down the ramp and usually SDTM. My table is at 6.8 degrees and flippers are factory power (with fans installed). Tried lowering power but then can’t make Black Panther orbit all the way up the ramp. Hoping for a solution that’s not increase the slope to 7, 7.1 but will be trying that if there’s not another fix… this games hard enough haha

One fix I've read and thought of trying out (happens every once in a while), is somehow reinforcing that plastic one way or another so it doesnt bounce the ball back down. A mod was made where it's a skyscraper on that ramp that also adds that support, but I'll try adding a spare plastic and attaching to it somehow to test out first if it helps.

#9212 2 years ago

Is there a flow chart or menu tree listing somewhere of the menu functions?

I had this same question. I see the standard adjustment matrix is listed on the manual online. I was trying to find the adjustment to turn off the 'start game from the lock down bar button' setting and stop it from blinking in attract mode like I have it set on my GOTG.

#9213 2 years ago
Quoted from SlamtiltAB:

- Video of the fails... same game

maybe add some washers under the clear plastic ?

#9214 2 years ago

Ages ago I tried to fix the shooter lane by adding a paddle pop stick (icy pole?) behind the thin metal strip leading to the orbit. I shaved one end to make it a gradual diagonal from the side rail to the orbit metal thickness. And then painted it black to blend in. Double sided tape on both sides was meant to finish the fix. All good except the thin metal has now curled and pulled away, affecting and robbing ball launch power. So I stuck it down with some duct tape and sure enough worked great. Now duct tape is not a permanent solution.

Any ideas? Shout I just superglue this sucker down? Has anybody come up with a mod to fix? Has stern corrected this bad design?

Thanks

4ED26553-2596-42F4-820B-770AB4470AB0 (resized).jpeg4ED26553-2596-42F4-820B-770AB4470AB0 (resized).jpeg
#9215 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Ages ago I tried to fix the shooter lane by adding a paddle pop stick (icy pole?) behind the thin metal strip leading to the orbit. I shaved one end to make it a gradual diagonal from the side rail to the orbit metal thickness. And then painted it black to blend in. Double sided tape on both sides was meant to finish the fix. All good except the thin metal has now curled and pulled away, affecting and robbing ball launch power. So I stuck it down with some duct tape and sure enough worked great. Now duct tape is not a permanent solution.
Any ideas? Shout I just superglue this sucker down? Has anybody come up with a mod to fix? Has stern corrected this bad design?
Thanks
[quoted image]

I tried a few things as well and the best solution to keeping the metal strip tight against the wall at its end, for me was to give it an ever so slight bend towards the wall a few inches back from the end. Not so much of a bend that you see a bend in the metal, just enough to reform it slightly so it stays tight against the wall.

6675B924-1E4D-4AF3-99C0-8BA01B41265E (resized).jpeg6675B924-1E4D-4AF3-99C0-8BA01B41265E (resized).jpeg
#9216 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I tried a few things as well and the best solution to keeping the metal strip tight against the wall at its end, for me was to give it an ever so slight bend towards the wall a few inches back from the end. Not so much of a bend that you see a bend in the metal, just enough to reform it slightly so it stays tight against the wall.
[quoted image]

I noticed you have no packer though. The only problem is that when the ball is hugging the rail mine was hitting the start of the orbit guide and pushing across to hit the other side of the orbit. Caused a rattle on launch. Just wish stern produced a smooth transition from launch to orbit.

#9217 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I noticed you have no packer though. The only problem is that when the ball is hugging the rail mine was hitting the start of the orbit guide and pushing across to hit the other side of the orbit. Caused a rattle on launch. Just wish stern produced a smooth transition from launch to orbit.

Not sure what you mean by "no packer"?

Yeah, I had issues with rattling and not getting full launches for sure. Still do from time to time, but I went with a slightly stronger coil for auto-launch and a stronger spring for manual launch. Works great almost all of the time.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/145#post-6332227

#9218 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah, I had issues with rattling and not getting full launches for sure. Still do from time to time, but I went with a slightly stronger coil for auto-launch and a stronger spring for manual launch. Works great almost all of the time.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/145#post-6332227<;

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/145#post-6332227

By packer I meant the small wedge of black wood I put between the side rail and the thin steel piece. I put it there so there is a smooth transition between the side rail and the orbit metal. Stock standard the ball can bounce of the orbit rail as it comes out of the shooter lane. Mine doesn’t, but I have the thin metal now bending. You’ve corrected yours by bending the thin metal guide, but you will still get a kick to the left as your ball launches and hits the orbit ball guide. It’s not a smooth transition.

#9219 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

By packer I meant the small wedge of black wood I put between the side rail and the thin steel piece. I put it there so there is a smooth transition between the side rail and the orbit metal. Stock standard the ball can bounce of the orbit rail as it comes out of the shooter lane. Mine doesn’t, but I have the thin metal now bending. You’ve corrected yours by bending the thin metal guide, but you will still get a kick to the left as your ball launches and hits the orbit ball guide. It’s not a smooth transition.

OK, thanks for the explanation.

Since you have the wood piece there, can you just remove the metal strip?

#9220 2 years ago

719 Million Trophy Mania Multiball AIQ Wizard Mode video.
Finished with 4.9 Billion total score, my current 4th highest...

#9221 2 years ago

As an average pinball player who has owned a pro AIQ for ~9 months, the three things that have helped me the most would be:

1. Being more cognizant of progress to different extra balls
2. Going for the add-a-ball during multiball modes more often
3. Moving the power gem around more strategically

#9222 2 years ago

First two balls were really short, but third one everything really clicked. All the shots felt smooth and this is my personal best on the soul gem. A little more consistency and I can feel brave enough for hard mode attempts. This game is a blast to shoot.

PXL_20220214_205816463.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220214_205816463.MP (resized).jpg
#9223 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

First two balls were really short, but third one everything really clicked. All the shots felt smooth and this is my personal best on the soul gem. A little more consistency and I can feel brave enough for hard mode attempts. This game is a blast to shoot.
[quoted image]

Nice job. I think somewhere in the upper 60's is my best. Not an easy challenge. Going in with the mind gem can be a huge help.

#9224 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Nice job. I think somewhere in the upper 60's is my best. Not an easy challenge. Going in with the mind gem can be a huge help.

thanks! yeah lvl 1 Mind helped a lot. BP, drop targets and CM were where i used them on

#9225 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Really looking forward to what Stern has in the future for Insider Connected! It's pretty basic right now, but so many possibilities available moving forward!
Got my highest score last night since adding IC, my third highest overall. Feel free to follow me if you like!
[quoted image]

How did you get such a high score? I ordered the insider connect for mine.

Have you seen IE video? He blows it up.

#9226 2 years ago

Are they doing a run of Avengers in March?

#9227 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Are they doing a run of Avengers in March?

Here’s the latest production schedule that is known:

Feb 2022 - Rush LE & Premium
Feb 2022 - Mando Pro & Premium
Mar 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
Mar 2022 - AIQ Pro & Premium
Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
Apr 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
July 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
Oct 2022 - JP the pin
Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

#9228 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

How did you get such a high score? I ordered the insider connect for mine.
Have you seen IE video? He blows it up.

It's funny - I don't like to watch much video of machines I have until I figure them out myself... I have watched this since I was able to beat Thanos and it is very good stuff. My techniques and strategy are a little different and it's always good to watch good players and see what you can pick up and apply to your own play.

Here's video of my second highest score on AIQ (6.3 Billion):

#9229 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Oct 2022 - JP the pin

Fingers crossed for March Godzilla Premium!

#9230 2 years ago

The key is...how many of these are sold through already, sounds like the Godzilla's are already spoken for? These lists can be misleading for those who haven't ordered or are thinking about getting in line.

#9231 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Oct 2022 - JP the pin

Just curious, do they have the manufacturing capacity to add a new title in there somewhere or are they planning on a break from the standard 2 or 3 new titles a year to catch up?

#9232 2 years ago

Just curious, do they have the manufacturing capacity to add a new title in there somewhere or are they planning on a break from the standard 2 or 3 new titles a year to catch up?

Oh Stern always has the "capacity" to release new titles. They do not care how long their backlog is, they only care that the line(s) keep going. I would expect the usual 2-3 titles per year... A new release in May (Eddy) and then again in August/September (Elwin or Danger).

I would expect the parts shortages to continue to at least the end of Summer, which means continued inflated/overpriced pins on the secondary market.

#9233 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Oh Stern always has the "capacity" to release new titles. They do not care how long their backlog is, they only care that the line(s) keep going. I would expect the usual 2-3 titles per year... A new release in May (Eddy) and then again in August/September (Elwin or Danger).
I would expect the parts shortages to continue to at least the end of Summer, which means continued inflated/overpriced pins on the secondary market.

I thought Gomez confirmed he would have a game sometime this year - wonder where that will land?

#9234 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

I thought Gomez confirmed he would have a game sometime this year - wonder where that will land?

I was thinking Gomez would be in the late Dec/early Jan release (similar to the way LZ and Rush were launched). The #1 rumor is Gomez on Bond which would be awesome. Of course he could swap with the Aug/Sept launch too.

#9235 2 years ago

Put up my best score to date. Nothing like the crazy scores some of you can put up, but I’m happy with it.

3DF7050E-5314-465F-A26C-6F4F8934C571 (resized).jpeg3DF7050E-5314-465F-A26C-6F4F8934C571 (resized).jpeg
#9236 2 years ago

My targets are getting pretty out of place. I thought I saw it here but couldn’t find when searching the thread. Are there plastics that keep targets like the sanctum and three shield from bending out of place over time? Getting a lot of air balls after about 1800 games and if I’m going in to fix them all would like to have a way to prevent them from bending if possible

#9237 2 years ago

Anyone know the easiest way to remove the gauntlet? I tried the trick of removing that single screw at the center bottom of the backboard to help expose the gauntlet bracket, but it didn’t work for me, the backboard is still socked in there. It’s a May 2021 build, wondering if they added additional reinforcement?

#9238 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Anyone know the easiest way to remove the gauntlet? I tried the trick of removing that single screw at the center bottom of the backboard to help expose the gauntlet bracket, but it didn’t work for me, the backboard is still socked in there. It’s a May 2021 build, wondering if they added additional reinforcement?

Answered my own question. There’s that one screw on the bottom of backboard center. Then there’s four on the lower back of the backboard, two on each side. Then you can dislodge the backboard to get to the gauntlet bracket. Don’t have to remove the ramps and wireforms

#9239 2 years ago

Hey I just bought a new aiq pro and had a question for other pro owners. I noticed that the piece of metal on my black panther shot seems to flex into the shoot. You can see it most pronounced about were black panthers head is on the right side. The thing that’s annoying is if a shot touches the right wall it bounces around and often air balls.

I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this before and found a good solution?

8B084507-D4C7-4738-BD96-1ED37CA0B984 (resized).jpeg8B084507-D4C7-4738-BD96-1ED37CA0B984 (resized).jpeg
#9240 2 years ago
Quoted from marcopolo:

Hey I just bought a new aiq pro and had a question for other pro owners. I noticed that the piece of metal on my black panther shot seems to flex into the shoot. You can see it most pronounced about were black panthers head is on the right side. The thing that’s annoying is if a shot touches the right wall it bounces around and often air balls.
I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this before and found a good solution?
[quoted image]

Look at my post near the top of this page for how that area should look (Premium, but the same there).

You will probably have to bend it into correct shape or get a replacement. You may be able to just push on it to get it to flex into correct shape without removing it.

#9241 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Look at my post near the top of this page for how that area should look (Premium, but the same there).
You will probably have to bend it into correct shape or get a replacement. You may be able to just push on it to get it to flex into correct shape without removing it.

Thanks for the response! Yeah your picture is a good reference for what it should look like. I can force it into place by hand but it springs back into the bad position. I’m hoping support will be willing to send me that piece but if not I’ll try taking it off and bending it into shape.

#9242 2 years ago

I had same problem. The gap was also slowing the ball on launch.

If you bend only *enough* then it will return back as it was.

Key is to bend a bit *further*.

Remove the shooter ramp. Then find something to wedge/push/bend the guardrail a little *more* than what is needed. I used the padded handles of a pair of needle-nose pliers that provided just the right amount of width. Left it that way for a couple hours then reinstalled the ramp. Been great ever since.

#9243 2 years ago

There are some settings under the game adjustments menu for ball save during gem quests. I have never had a ball save active during the gem quest no matter what those values are set to - if I get a STDM or a sling into the outlanes 1 second after starting a quest, it is failed. Why are those settings there if they are not active? Am I missing something?

#9244 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

There are some settings under the game adjustments menu for ball save during gem quests. I have never had a ball save active during the gem quest no matter what those values are set to - if I get a STDM or a sling into the outlanes 1 second after starting a quest, it is failed. Why are those settings there if they are not active? Am I missing something?

I wondered the same thing too.

#9245 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I wondered the same thing too.

Maybe it only applies if there is a portal lock active and you start the quest with more than one ball?

#9246 2 years ago

Please please tell me how to time the Hawkeye lvl 2 shot. I’ve yet to hit it.

#9247 2 years ago

Just joined the club. I don’t know why I waited so long! Even the wife is digging it!

07C685B6-8457-4344-AB41-0E19E872875C (resized).jpeg07C685B6-8457-4344-AB41-0E19E872875C (resized).jpeg
#9248 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Man, thats a lot of practice using the sound as a cue, in my opinion. super interesting the first time I felt confident using that audio alert I closed my eyes and I actually hit that challenge! Only that time though, months later and think I've only gotten it one other time by accident

#9249 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just joined the club. I don’t know why I waited so long! Even the wife is digging it!
[quoted image]

My wife loves ours as well. Every machine I bring into the house spends some time upstairs and she has not gone and played one on her own until this one. She really loves it. She's not letting it go to the basement any time soon.
Enjoy it's a great game.

#9250 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Results may vary but for me, I find I have a tendency to flip too early so I have the most success when I actively try and flip late.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 300.00
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/185?hl=1956pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.