04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 255.
#9151 2 years ago

Joined the club with a premium. Just finishing up some mods. Great game

#9152 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Based on your prior post I'd say odds are the tower lock LEDs didn't just stop working from a quality defect, since you said they worked prior to adding the tower mod. I'd revert to the factory setup and do any troubleshooting needed to getting it working again that way. Then after it's working again try to put the mod back on to see how it goes. It could be just a coincidence that they stopped working after you installed the mod, but most likely it's not a coincidence.

I will disconnect the mod white flasher light and see if that helps at all. I usually don’t believe in coincidences. Thanks for your help.

#9153 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I will disconnect the mod white flasher light and see if that helps at all. I usually don’t believe in coincidences. Thanks for your help.

Actually I meant remove the mod entirely so you're back to factory tower with no tower mod. Then once you get it working try installing the mod again. Hope you can get it ironed out.

#9154 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Actually I meant remove the mod entirely so you're back to the factory tower with no tower mod. Then once you get it working try installing the mod again. Hope you can get it ironed out.

#9155 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Actually I meant remove the mod entirely so you're back to factory tower with no tower mod. Then once you get it working try installing the mod again. Hope you can get it ironed out.

I did remove the mod when I checked and it only plugs into one connector under the playfield. It wasn’t crimping any wires.

#9156 2 years ago

The final version of my Thanos shooter surround is now available.
This is not 3D printed but a fully cast, hand made and hand painted mod.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1026-pinball-haus/05781-avengers-zanos-shooter-mod

IMG_20220127_221354 (resized).jpgIMG_20220127_221354 (resized).jpgIMG_20220127_221409 (resized).jpgIMG_20220127_221409 (resized).jpg

#9157 2 years ago

Do any of you have different side blades on your game? Would love to see pics of the tilt graphics and retro refurbs installed.

#9158 2 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

The final version of my Zanos shooter surround is now available.
This is not 3D printed but a fully cast, hand made and hand painted mod.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1026-pinball-haus/05781-avengers-zanos-shooter-mod
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great. Really like what you did with the eyes.

#9159 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Do any of you have different side blades on your game? Would love to see pics of the tilt graphics and retro refurbs installed.

Cool! Post some pics. Just curious, how long did it take for you to receive your goods from Retro Refurbs? I ask because I placed an order 10 days ago and have not received any sort of status update nor have they responded to an email I sent them about my order. Thanks!

#9160 2 years ago
Quoted from Nomad:

Cool! Post some pics. Just curious, how long did it take for you to receive your goods from Retro Refurbs? I ask because I placed an order 10 days ago and have not received any sort of status update nor have they responded to an email I sent them about my order. Thanks!

I ordered custom cabinet decals from them a few years back and it took a while. They printed somewhere like Serbia if I remember right, and had to arrive from international post.

#9161 2 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

That looks great. Really like what you did with the eyes.

Thanks! Yes it was really hard to come up with a feature that would make sense and looked good.

#9162 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I got the Tilt Art blades and love them. I love how the tie into the lines perfectly.

3CAB5985-3EFE-4D7C-AE0F-E2222F43DE80 (resized).jpeg3CAB5985-3EFE-4D7C-AE0F-E2222F43DE80 (resized).jpeg419C9856-B6C0-458A-911F-A8C62799F5C7 (resized).jpeg419C9856-B6C0-458A-911F-A8C62799F5C7 (resized).jpeg69AD8902-BBB8-48EA-9276-CFA3AF04F1DD (resized).jpeg69AD8902-BBB8-48EA-9276-CFA3AF04F1DD (resized).jpegAB292FBF-5305-4D44-9108-2112E40A2040 (resized).jpegAB292FBF-5305-4D44-9108-2112E40A2040 (resized).jpeg
#9163 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Do any of you have different side blades on your game?

You can always go with mirror blades. They always look great. That’s what I have on my AIQ.

#9164 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

You can always go with mirror blades. They always look great. That’s what I have on my AIQ.

I have them on mine but I’m replacing them with the Stern art blades. The game is bright enough that I think the art blades look better.

#9165 2 years ago

I love the look of mirror blades, opens up the Playfield and really brings out the fantastic light show. I’ll be putting some on my Godzilla once it arrives.

4B33A2CA-B67F-4955-8FDE-8F7A8755EB98 (resized).jpeg4B33A2CA-B67F-4955-8FDE-8F7A8755EB98 (resized).jpeg7AB3D731-DE59-4709-BA87-F1C0151929A3 (resized).jpeg7AB3D731-DE59-4709-BA87-F1C0151929A3 (resized).jpegAAE2F243-2A8F-4D3F-93AB-BEB648C9B6D2 (resized).jpegAAE2F243-2A8F-4D3F-93AB-BEB648C9B6D2 (resized).jpeg
#9166 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I love the look of mirror blades, opens up the Playfield and really brings out the fantastic light show.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well those look fantastic. I love my Tilt art blades, but those are solid.

#9167 2 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

I got the Tilt Art blades and love them. I love how the tie into the lines perfectly.

Well those look fantastic. I love my Tilt art blades, but those are solid.

Agreed. I've got the Stern ones and I'm a big fan of those but there are lots of good options for Avengers art blades.

#9168 2 years ago

Have the Mirror blades and they look incredible on AIQ---with all the light, colors and wire forms.

#9169 2 years ago

Hi guys two questions:

Is this post supposed to be naked like this?

Also, I found this screw on the playfield. Any idea where it’s from? It’s smaller than the screws that go on top of posts.

Thanks

01BB7E19-2263-4F8B-A5CB-93BB28F46E09 (resized).jpeg01BB7E19-2263-4F8B-A5CB-93BB28F46E09 (resized).jpegA5C895FA-6CB3-4AFF-8F6B-F47243E7B36C (resized).jpegA5C895FA-6CB3-4AFF-8F6B-F47243E7B36C (resized).jpeg

#9170 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Hi guys two questions:

It is the same on mine.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9171 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

It is the same on mine.
[quoted image]

Thanks, they must have changed it after early runs. In the official stern photos it has a rubber on it

C69E883D-667E-4B60-A402-FFE2DD2E3266 (resized).jpegC69E883D-667E-4B60-A402-FFE2DD2E3266 (resized).jpeg
#9172 2 years ago

Mines bare too, and made in the first month of game production (LE). As far as the extra screw, check the wire form screws

#9173 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Mines bare too, and made in the first month of game production (LE). As far as the extra screw, check the wire form screws

Seems to be smaller than the wire form screws

#9174 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Seems to be smaller than the wire form screws

Interesting. I one see so far two screw categories that use that kind of washer. On top of posts and he spacers.

#9175 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Hi guys two questions:
Also, I found this screw on the playfield. Any idea where it’s from? It’s smaller than the screws that go on top of posts.
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

check captain marvel shot plastic cover I have one that falls out of there frequently.

#9176 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

check captain marvel shot plastic cover I have one that falls out of there frequently.

Longer screws will fix that

#9177 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Nope :[ the head on this screw is a little smaller… only screws that look that size are holding up optos from what I can see

#9178 2 years ago

Feeling Soulful!

IMG_2069 (resized).JPGIMG_2069 (resized).JPG
#9179 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Feeling Soulful!
[quoted image]

That’s a juicy one…Good gob!

#9180 2 years ago

Im in on a premium for the March run! Look forward to joining the group!

#9181 2 years ago

Beat up on AIQ pro tonight at least by my standards. Defeated Battle Royale, what does it take to get to Battle Thanos?

PXL_20220202_001655048 (resized).jpgPXL_20220202_001655048 (resized).jpg
#9182 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Beat up on AIQ pro tonight at least by my standards. Defeated Battle Royale, what does it take to get to Battle Thanos?[quoted image]

The one time I got there was collecting all the avengers again that activated that mode.

#9183 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Beat up on AIQ pro tonight at least by my standards. Defeated Battle Royale, what does it take to get to Battle Thanos?

Play all the Gem Quests and play Battle Royale. If you do that, you spin the disc to light Battle Thanos, and then start it like a Gem Quest.

If you possess all 6 Gems when you start it, you get a 1B point bonus.

#9184 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Play all the Gem Quests and play Battle Royale. If you do that, you spin the disc to light Battle Thanos, and then start it like a Gem Quest.
If you possess all 6 Gems when you start it, you get a 1B point bonus.

Oh it's a disc spin... Man need to reach that point again

#9185 2 years ago

Thanks for the tips, makes sense how to start Battle Thanos. Tonight what did me in was beating Battle Royale, which I think gave me the soul gem (I had blown the soul gem quest way earlier), which then put me into a Thanos Attacks with 5 gems. I don't recommend that haha, though I got down to three shots left on the last gem before I drained.

#9186 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Thanks for the tips, makes sense how to start Battle Thanos. Tonight what did me in was beating Battle Royale, which I think gave me the soul gem (I had blown the soul gem quest way earlier), which then put me into a Thanos Attacks with 5 gems. I don't recommend that haha, though I got down to three shots left on the last gem before I drained.

Haha, that's an uphill battle for sure. But if you beat Thanos Attacks, those points would have been huge. And if he had one of the Gems, you would have gotten it back and went into Battle Thanos with all 6 Gems, which is super satisfying!

#9187 2 years ago

Hi guys, got a help request. My Dr. Strange disc has stopped registering any spins at all on my AIQ Premium.

My machine is about 4 months old and I installed the 1956PINHEAD metal disc and carrier a few months ago.
I upgraded to 1.03 about a week ago.
No issues until now.

Today the disc seems to have stopped registering spins. In the diagnostic menu the disc motor works but I get all zeroes on the spin- nothing registers at all.
The sensor board is in line with the shaft. The gap is unchanged (1/16")
The red LED on the sensor board flashes three blinks then a pause. All wire connections seem to be tight.

I tried my original Stern 1.02 SD card with the same results. I've played with the position of the sensor board.

Any other thoughts? I've searched and not found anything else...
TIA!

#9188 2 years ago
Quoted from jaygrow:

Hi guys, got a help request. My Dr. Strange disc has stopped registering any spins at all on my AIQ Premium.
My machine is about 4 months old and I installed the 1956PINHEAD metal disc and carrier a few months ago.
I upgraded to 1.03 about a week ago.
No issues until now.
Today the disc seems to have stopped registering spins. In the diagnostic menu the disc motor works but I get all zeroes on the spin- nothing registers at all.
The sensor board is in line with the shaft. The gap is unchanged (1/16")
The red LED on the sensor board flashes three blinks then a pause. All wire connections seem to be tight.
I tried my original Stern 1.02 SD card with the same results. I've played with the position of the sensor board.
Any other thoughts? I've searched and not found anything else...
TIA!

So guessing the FS: is zero also?

For comparison, the LED on my sensor board is constantly blinking, no pauses. If all the connections seem fine (even reseating), would suggest contacting support. Worst case the board might be failing just going by the difference in that light indicator

#9189 2 years ago

What shot does the large RGB insert between the two spin inserts represent? Sanctum target?

#9190 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What shot does the large RGB insert between the two spin inserts represent? Sanctum target?

Dr. Strange Disc/Portal. The Sanctum has the 3 lights above it.

#9191 2 years ago

Really looking forward to what Stern has in the future for Insider Connected! It's pretty basic right now, but so many possibilities available moving forward!
Got my highest score last night since adding IC, my third highest overall. Feel free to follow me if you like!

AIQ 5.6 Billion Stern Insider Connected (resized).jpgAIQ 5.6 Billion Stern Insider Connected (resized).jpg
#9192 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Really looking forward to what Stern has in the future for Insider Connected! It's pretty basic right now, but so many possibilities available moving forward!
Got my highest score last night since adding IC, my third highest overall. Feel free to follow me if you like!
[quoted image]

65 plays and averaging over 1B. Daaaaaaaamn!!!

#9193 2 years ago

Must have it set to 10 balls . . . . . . lol

#9194 2 years ago

Quoted from Squeaks5635:

Must have it set to 10 balls . . . . . . lol

3 ball, factory settings, extra balls on.

65 games played since I got IC and that's my average... I just checked and I have 3441 total games played with an average score of 367 Million. Took me a while to get as good on AIQ as I am now, so makes sense.

Luckily some of my bigger scores have been able to offset some of my lower scores!

Love this game!

#9195 2 years ago

Video of Battle Thanos mode with all 6 Gems - awarded 1 Billion to defeat Thanos and then scoring 1.389 Billion in Super Victory Laps Wizard Mode Multiball!

#9196 2 years ago

I have a skills/strategy question about AIQ. I'm a pretty average player, and am used to other pins where if I trap up, I can post transfer or tap pass on older machines to stay in control and make the shots I need. I find that this pin isn't friendly to that kind of strategy since post transfers don't work reliably on my pro.

How do you safely get from one flipper to the other on this pin other than using BW or BP which I don't make 100% of the time?

#9197 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

How do you safely get from one flipper to the other on this pin other than using BW or BP which I don't make 100% of the time?

I know you specifically mentioned other than BW or BP but I highly recommend working on learning those shots better, especially BW. If you can learn to shoot BW consistently you can get the ball to the left flipper, or do a "ski jump" with a bit of a forward nudge from left to right to get the ball to the right flipper. Another benefit of shooting BW consistently is building up your combos and working toward Portal Locks as well. Need to shoot Gauntlet? Why not shoot BW then Gauntlet for +1 combo?

Other than that, I certainly don't think there are any easier ways to transfer the ball if post passes aren't working for you. You could try alley passes but those are much, much more difficult than just shooting BW.

#9198 2 years ago

I find Elwin and Eddy pins to be challenging to post pass on due to the sling positioning. Borg machines are much more post pass friendly. As mentioned I use the ramps to transfer the ball to the flipper I want.

#9199 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Borg machines are much more post pass friendly.

I have a very hard time post passing on TMNT, I typically end up kind of having backflip the ball up the inlane a bit so it can get some speed to hop over to the other flipper (usually from left flipper to right). Jurassic Park post passes like a dream for me though.

#9200 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I find Elwin and Eddy pins to be challenging to post pass on due to the sling positioning. Borg machines are much more post pass friendly. As mentioned I use the ramps to transfer the ball to the flipper I want.

2 of my last games before this were both Borg titles (TMNT & GOTG) so I guess I have been spoiled. My JDJP home pin is also a dream for post passes as well as reliable ramp shots. When I get frustrated with a bad game on AIQ, I go play that and feel better about myself

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

4,999 (Firm)
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/184?hl=1956pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.