04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 255.
#9101 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Spinning disc is great on its own...as long as the stock carrier is operating as its should. My OG carrier's copper bushing ends were both falling off and causing the disc to become uneven and not spin correctly at times, so that needed replacement. It was my first pin and wasnt sure how long Stern would take for a service request so had ordered the carrier along with the disc. Well, both carriers came in around the same time so tested both. Disc upgrade+working stock carrier was a great improvement, and using both part upgrades was even way more smoother. I only have one issue with having such long spin times and its during the mind gem. You dont deal damage till the disc stops spinning and if you're constantly shooting and hitting it, you can go a long time without progressing. Sure the points are great, but I'm still very prone on bad shots and draining. After a good return after spinning it, I end up trapping the ball till damage is done before continuing on.

Thanks! Ordered just the disc for now. 10% off this month! Thanks 1956PINHEAD

#9102 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Thanks! Ordered just the disc for now. 10% off this month! Thanks 1956PINHEAD

I'm using just the Disc upgrade and it is excellent quality and craftsmanship!

#9103 2 years ago

Quick question….what is “Max Time Bank” from mystery? Does it extend the timed modes?

#9104 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I'm using just the Disc upgrade and it is excellent quality and craftsmanship!

Heard nothing but good things. And 10% off will buy me a free Filet O Fish meal from McD’s!

#9105 2 years ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Quick question….what is “Max Time Bank” from mystery? Does it extend the timed modes?

Sort of-the timed modes work off a clock that gets built up by making shots (I don't know the details on which ones), up to a max of 60s (I'm pretty sure it's 60 anyway-might be 30 or 45). This computer award just fills that so you can keep those modes running for longer, which can be really valuable points-wise. You still have to start the mode though.

#9106 2 years ago

sorry my post was to the wrong game was meant for stranger things. Ugh

#9107 2 years ago

insight tonight about this game. The rule set is apparently polarizing, but it's hard to beat in a home environment. I noticed that the stacking potential on this game seems deeper than any other game I can think of. The possibilities are endless but here is my current favorite. Get time gem on black widow. Then sometime when you have two portal locks, queue up both Thor and IM multiballs. Start reality gem quest and one of the two multiballs. When you can take clean shots, take them but otherwise spam the hell out of the drops and mystery particularly during ball save time. Stack some timed modes and then spam black widow when you can to keep them all going. Trophies start racking up and then you may be near extra ball. Get some victory laps and opportunistic multiball jackpots and feel like a gosh darn king!

#9108 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

insight tonight about this game. The rule set is apparently polarizing, but it's hard to beat in a home environment. I noticed that the stacking potential on this game seems deeper than any other game I can think of. The possibilities are endless but here is my current favorite. Get time gem on black widow. Then sometime when you have two portal locks, queue up both Thor and IM multiballs. Start reality gem quest and one of the two multiballs. When you can take clean shots, take them but otherwise spam the hell out of the drops and mystery particularly during ball save time. Stack some timed modes and then spam black widow when you can to keep them all going. Trophies start racking up and then you may be near extra ball. Get some victory laps and opportunistic multiball jackpots and feel like a gosh darn king!

yep, I think you're on to something!

#9109 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

I keep telling people this - for gods sake, please don't sell it after 3 months of owning it! It's one of the best machines for home use in terms of learning ways to play it and rack up scores. You'll suddenly find ways of improving your game without realising, and open up new levels of play. I think for home use, the code is brilliant. Admittedly, it's too deep for a game on location, because you could never learn all the intricacies.

All this game really needs is an updated sound/animation package, and its almost the perfect home machine. I really wish Stern would just give it a once over in sounds/animations it definitely deserves to be polished a tad more.

#9110 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I keep telling people this - for gods sake, please don't sell it after 3 months of owning it! It's one of the best machines for home use in terms of learning ways to play it and rack up scores. You'll suddenly find ways of improving your game without realising, and open up new levels of play. I think for home use, the code is brilliant. Admittedly, it's too deep for a game on location, because you could never learn all the intricacies.
All this game really needs is an updated sound/animation package, and its almost the perfect home machine. I really wish Stern would just give it a once over in sounds/animations it definitely deserves to be polished a tad more.

I agree. AIQ is an outstanding game with incredible flow and rules. I love deep games for home use - the only drawback is AIQ can be fairly long playing once you get better at it. The audio and video are the only things holding it back from being one of the all time greats. Just wish AIQ was as engaging as Deadpool is with it's upbeat music with deep bass, excellent call outs and better video. Of course I still love it and the Captain Marvel ramp is my favorite shot in pinball! I've put 3,300 games played on mine in 14 months...

#9111 2 years ago

An example of why this game needs polish: when you match for a free game, every other game on earth will at least have a knocker or some sound effect or light show letting you know you’ve got a free game. AIQ? No sound, no lights. Just the last 2 digits of your score weakly blink on and off a few times. Come on Stern… Is there any other Stern you can think of with such a pathetic way of matching?

#9112 2 years ago
Quoted from Mechulus:

An example of why this game needs polish: when you match for a free game, every other game on earth will at least have a knocker or some sound effect or light show letting you know you’ve got a free game. AIQ? No sound, no lights. Just the last 2 digits of your score weakly blink on and off a few times. Come on Stern… Is there any other Stern you can think of with such a pathetic way of matching?

It's a setting that's turned off on your game. As it is, I disabled that knocker alert on mine because I don't like the intensity of it.

#9113 2 years ago

I love Knockers and it works just fine on mine ! Check your settings .

#9115 2 years ago

Finally

IMG-20220115-WA0005 (resized).jpegIMG-20220115-WA0005 (resized).jpeg
#9116 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

It's a setting that's turned off on your game. As it is, I disabled that knocker alert on mine because I don't like the intensity of it.

It would be nice if you got a cool light show.

#9117 2 years ago

It would be interesting to have an ego award for longest duration of disc spin (in addition to highest RPM) .

#9118 2 years ago

Got this great mod for my AIQ pro. Plus the Thanos head. Looks so much better!! PM for details on the gauntlet. Well worth the money and very reasonable.

#9119 2 years ago

My tower ball lock LEDs do not come on. Outside of swapping in one of my other node boards, anything else I can check? I checked the connection by the tower. Going to follow from CN14 and see if I can find anything tomorrow. I added the tower mod and prior to that it worked. Appreciate any help.

28F47BE4-2AB6-4F70-B972-C455481A3202 (resized).jpeg28F47BE4-2AB6-4F70-B972-C455481A3202 (resized).jpegE7417DC7-36C3-479C-ACD2-7D0DDC99C355 (resized).jpegE7417DC7-36C3-479C-ACD2-7D0DDC99C355 (resized).jpeg

#9121 2 years ago

Those cables are pretty tight. make sure one or more didnt get pinched. I almost damaged mine when I was doing maintenance and was trying to put the tower back on.

#9122 2 years ago

Hi
I have a recurring issue with my Pro. The following two things happen simultaneously:
1. disc does not register spins
2.lights in lower half of playfield go out

It usually goes from 100% functional, to a brief period when the disc works intermittently and lights in lower playfield are wonky, to the disc will not register during testing and lights in lower half of playfield will not register during test of all LEDs

The fix is always for me to lift the playfield and wiggle and/or reseat wires. I usually focus on the ethernet-like cables into the node boards simply because they are easy to reseat, and then fiddle with others until I'm out of patience. The fix always works but never lasts more than 30-40 games.

Ideas on what specifically could be the problem? Bad jack, bad cable, bad board? I suspect it's one bad jack or cable but not sure which. I could do a massive experiment to narrow it down but I'm hoping the collective expertise here can narrow my search

Thanks.

#9123 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Hi
I have a recurring issue with my Pro. The following two things happen simultaneously:
It usually goes from 100% functional, to a brief period when the disc works intermittently and lights in lower playfield are wonky, to the disc will not register during testing and lights in lower half of playfield will not register during test of all LEDs
The fix is always for me to lift the playfield and wiggle and/or reseat wires. I usually focus on the ethernet-like cables into the node boards simply because they are easy to reseat, and then fiddle with others until I'm out of patience. The fix always works but never lasts more than 30-40 games.
Ideas on what specifically could be the problem? Bad jack, bad cable, bad board? I suspect it's one bad jack or cable but not sure which. I could do a massive experiment to narrow it down but I'm hoping the collective expertise here can narrow my search
Thanks.

Which lower playfield lights? The GI only, or all of them?

I had this exact issue and it was excess solder in one of my lower GI sockets causing a short.

My flippers also wouldn't work during the short.

#9124 2 years ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

Which lower playfield lights? The GI only, or all of them?
I had this exact issue and it was excess solder in one of my lower GI sockets causing a short.
My flippers also wouldn't work during the short.

Actually I think the GI is fine, but am not sure and will check next time it happens. But all LEDs on lower playfield are out.

#9125 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Hi
Thanks.

Sounds like it could be node board related. I would start with disconnecting and reconnecting all node board connections and then go deeper from there.

#9126 2 years ago

Kinda shocked that stern didn’t add a double super jackpot achievement to iron man MB. Getting two balls magnetized in the tower is one of the best moments in the game… hopefully there’s more to come on the achievement side for this game.

Also, none of the RPM disk achievements work… anyone else have this issue? I’ll send an email to sterns Bug reporting address.

39E2C7DA-FC6D-42B2-921B-0F9F498257A0 (resized).png39E2C7DA-FC6D-42B2-921B-0F9F498257A0 (resized).pngCC00D11F-9A74-4F01-AE6A-2528824CDC38 (resized).pngCC00D11F-9A74-4F01-AE6A-2528824CDC38 (resized).png
#9127 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Kinda shocked that stern didn’t add a double super jackpot achievement to iron man MB. Getting two balls magnetized in the tower is one of the best moments in the game… hopefully there’s more to come on the achievement side for this game.
Also, none of the RPM disk achievements work… anyone else have this issue? I’ll send an email to sterns Bug reporting address.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah none of the RPM achievements work unfortunately.

Battle Royale Challenge Mini Game is treated as a game played, but doesn't have any of it's own achievements yet either unfortunately.

It's a good start, but I'm looking forward to and hoping for additional achievements and much more integration in the near future.

#9128 2 years ago

Oh - It doesn't look like either of the Black Order achievements are working either.

#9129 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yeah my guess is that since they decided for some reason I can't quite grasp to report the RPM up to 3 decimal places it just got confused when the achievement was actually being built and they put in a comma instead of a period. The achievement requirements initially said "Get 250,000, Get 450,000, get 800,000 RPM" which obviously would create a mini black hole and the galaxy would collapse on itself.

Even though they fixed the text on the achievement it didn't actually change the logic in the game that granted the badge. I'm sure it'll be fixed on the next code update.

#9130 2 years ago

I was doing some routine cleaning and found some screws in the rear of the cab. I can't find anywhere these type of screws are used. I assume under the playfield since they are the flat head nuts but I'm at a loss. Any ideas? They do thread into some empty screw holes on the backboard. Just noticed them and really odd they would be mounted this way.

IMG_20220122_103321065 (resized).jpgIMG_20220122_103321065 (resized).jpgIMG_20220122_103332681 (resized).jpgIMG_20220122_103332681 (resized).jpgIMG_20220122_103341286 (resized).jpgIMG_20220122_103341286 (resized).jpg
#9131 2 years ago

I just recently upgraded to the latest software and suddenly my auto plunger is no longer making it all the way around. It's always been few and far between with the manual plunge to get all the way around but for over 500 games the auto plunger was reliable for it. I checked the power settings and it's set to full power. It even sounds like it's turned down as it's not a bang but a tiny thud now. My stranger things and munsters hit much harder. Anyone else notice this? Might try going back to 1.02 to see if the power comes back

#9132 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I was doing some routine cleaning and found some screws in the rear of the cab. I can't find anywhere these type of screws are used. I assume under the playfield since they are the flat head nuts but I'm at a loss. Any ideas? They do thread into some empty screw holes on the backboard. Just noticed them and really odd they would be mounted this way.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

well I can answer my own question here. I found the only spot I can see where these screws are used. It's the mounts for the backboard. I was down to 1 for 4 screws holding it on and it was loose too. I only found 2 of the 3 screws that were missing in the cab.

IMG_20220122_105122404 (resized).jpgIMG_20220122_105122404 (resized).jpg

#9133 2 years ago

I have about 1250 games on my Pro. The right flipper started feeling a little "bouncy," meaning when activated and held, and a ball hit it, I could feel it giving a little bit. I thought this was the usual sign of a failing coil stop. So I replaced the coil stops and sleeves on all three flippers last night. But the problem remains. What's the next diagnostic step? Or should I just go straight to a flipper rebuild (which I've never done and would be thrilled for any pointers to documentation/video guidance). Thanks all.

#9134 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

I have about 1250 games on my Pro. The right flipper started feeling a little "bouncy," meaning when activated and held, and a ball hit it, I could feel it giving a little bit. I thought this was the usual sign of a failing coil stop. So I replaced the coil stops and sleeves on all three flippers last night. But the problem remains. What's the next diagnostic step? Or should I just go straight to a flipper rebuild (which I've never done and would be thrilled for any pointers to documentation/video guidance). Thanks all.

Check the eos. It's the leaf switch. Even check the Plunger and link. A full flipper rebuild is not necessary most times. The parts that fail sometimes are coil stop, coil sleeves, eos, plunger/link and flipper bushings. The other parts last really long in general.

#9135 2 years ago

Just picked up an AIQ Pro in a trade. I don’t think I have ever had a game that plays so poorly if the pitch and level are off, but plays so well when properly set up. When I threw the legs on when I got in the house, it was around a 7.1 degree pitch and .3 degrees to the left. First plunge was a skill shot and then drained right down the middle. Whole first game was over in under 30 seconds. Set it to 6.5 degrees and leveled it and it’s a different animal.

#9136 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Just picked up an AIQ Pro in a trade. I don’t think I have ever had a game that plays so poorly if the pitch and level are off, but plays so well when properly set up. When I threw the legs on when I got in the house, it was around a 7.1 degree pitch and .3 degrees to the left. First plunge was a skill shot and then drained right down the middle. Whole first game was over in under 30 seconds. Set it to 6.5 degrees and leveled it and it’s a different animal.

Leveling left to right will definitely make a difference in game play. I find that Elwin games play best around 7-7.2 degrees. 6.5 is just too floaty.

#9137 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Leveling left to right will definitely make a difference in game play. I find that Elwin games play best around 7-7.2 degrees. 6.5 is just too floaty.

At 7.1 I was getting the majority of the ramp shots rolling back. Felt like playing a game with permanent flipper fade. For a game that is all about combos, roll backs kill the flow. At 6.5 it doesn’t feel floaty at all on my pro, but I have read that they play faster than premiums.

#9138 2 years ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

Check the eos. It's the leaf switch. Even check the Plunger and link. A full flipper rebuild is not necessary most times. The parts that fail sometimes are coil stop, coil sleeves, eos, plunger/link and flipper bushings. The other parts last really long in general.

Thanks for this tip. Adjustment of EOS switch worked like a charm. It was a great learning experience to play with the whole flipper mech to get the switch dialed in.

#9139 2 years ago

Second day of dialing in this pin. Leveled the Dr Strange disc as best I could. It’s slightly low in the front, slightly proud in the back. Oiled it with a drop or two of 3 in 1 sewing machine oil and it spins like a champ. Adjusted the sensor gap to ensure it is getting a good FSR reading all the way around.

Went over the playfield and ramps with some novus 2. Lot of crud came off. Nice and shiny now.

Checked the EOS switches on the flippers and adjusted them to open a little later.

I’ll say it again, set up makes such a difference with this pin. I was a little worried I had made a bad choice swapping my TMNT for this, but the more I get it dialed in the more I am loving the shots and lay out.

Last thing I need to work on is the black panther shot. Never seems to make it with enough steam to get up and return on the wire form from the flippers. It works off the plunge so I wonder if there is maybe an alignment issue with the guides. Then again maybe I just suck at pinball.

#9140 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Those cables are pretty tight. make sure one or more didnt get pinched. I almost damaged mine when I was doing maintenance and was trying to put the tower back on.

Will do. Thank you! I sent an email to Stern for tech support for my Avengers tower ball lock lights not coming on, how long does it take to usually hear back from them?

#9141 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Second day of dialing in this pin. Leveled the Dr Strange disc as best I could. It’s slightly low in the front, slightly proud in the back. Oiled it with a drop or two of 3 in 1 sewing machine oil and it spins like a champ. Adjusted the sensor gap to ensure it is getting a good FSR reading all the way around.
Went over the playfield and ramps with some novus 2. Lot of crud came off. Nice and shiny now.
Checked the EOS switches on the flippers and adjusted them to open a little later.
I’ll say it again, set up makes such a difference with this pin. I was a little worried I had made a bad choice swapping my TMNT for this, but the more I get it dialed in the more I am loving the shots and lay out.
Last thing I need to work on is the black panther shot. Never seems to make it with enough steam to get up and return on the wire form from the flippers. It works off the plunge so I wonder if there is maybe an alignment issue with the guides. Then again maybe I just suck at pinball.

BP is one of those that the shot needs to be pretty clean. If you feel like you made a solid shot and loses steam at the turn, maybe the guide. If there isn't enough momentum even from the beginning, then be a slight adjustment to the flipper still. Sounds like you're almost there. Had almost gotten TMNT before playing AIQ as well and glad I made the avengers pick.

#9142 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Will do. Thank you! I sent an email to Stern for tech support for my Avengers tower ball lock lights not coming on, how long does it take to usually hear back from them?

Guess it varies with how busy they are. The list time I emailed them it was only a day or two before I heard back.

#9143 2 years ago

Just wanted to take a minute and give a shout out to all you AIQ owners who have purchased my Dr. Strange Disc mod this month during the New Year discount special. I've also received some great feedback from those who have purchased the mod since releasing it a few months ago. Thanks to all of you for helping to make this mod a winner!

#9144 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Guess it varies with how busy they are. The list time I emailed them it was only a day or two before I heard back.

Ok thanks. I emailed them a week ago. Will try again to contact them at the end of the week if I hear nothing.

#9145 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Checked the cables. All are good and nothing pinched. Still waiting to hear back from Stern. Sucks the tower ball lock LEDs stopped working already. Haven’t had it long and probably around 300 plays. Love the tower mod.

#9146 2 years ago

My tower ball lock LEDs do not come on. Outside of swapping in one of my other node boards, anything else I can check? I checked the connection by the tower. Going to follow from CN14 and see if I can find anything tomorrow. I added the tower mod and prior to that it worked. Appreciate any help.

Checked the cables. All are good and nothing pinched. Still waiting to hear back from Stern. Sucks the tower ball lock LEDs stopped working already. Haven’t had it long and probably around 300 plays. Love the tower mod.

Based on your prior post I'd say odds are the tower lock LEDs didn't just stop working from a quality defect, since you said they worked prior to adding the tower mod. I'd revert to the factory setup and do any troubleshooting needed to getting it working again that way. Then after it's working again try to put the mod back on to see how it goes. It could be just a coincidence that they stopped working after you installed the mod, but most likely it's not a coincidence.

#9147 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Just wanted to take a minute and give a shout out to all you AIQ owners who have purchased my Dr. Strange Disc mod this month during the New Year discount special. I've also received some great feedback from those who have purchased the mod since releasing it a few months ago. Thanks to all of you for helping to make this mod a winner!

I was one of them! Bought disc and carrier both. Nice!

The instructions are Premium/LE centric rather than Pro, but I'm handy enough I got it done.

Disc spins like crazy now!

#9148 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Does the Spinner Disk work on a Pro?

#9149 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I emailed Stern yesterday about the Dr. Strange disc leveling kit. I got an email back in under 2 hours.

#9150 2 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

Does the Spinner Disk work on a Pro?

Yes, you can install the Disc Mod in a Pro as the support mechanism is basically the same set up. The Disc mod by itself is all you need, but you can opt for the bearing carrier mod as well if the factory unit is giving you some issues. Some owners have experienced the bronze bushings coming loose in the bearing carrier, if you're not having this issue then you should be good with the Disc Mod by itself, or you can install both, it's up to you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,000 (OBO)
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/183 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.