IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 256.
#8951 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I don't have many games played on JP or IM, but the Captain Marvel ramp on AIQ Prem/LE is one of the best feeling shots in pinball!
No games on a Godzilla yet... waiting for a Premium...

Ha! This is exactly what I told Keith when I saw him at Expo! Best shot combo in pinball.

#8952 2 years ago

thanks !!!

#8953 2 years ago

Sorry if this has been covered already, but this is a typo, right? It's suppose to be 250, 400, and 800rpm? Cause 800,000 rpm seems... unlikely

Screenshot 2021-12-15 230130 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-12-15 230130 (resized).jpg
#8954 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

Sorry if this has been covered already, but this is a typo, right? It's suppose to be 250, 400, and 800rpm? Cause 800,000 rpm seems... unlikely
[quoted image]

HA! Look at the n00b who can't get a million RPM and create a small wormhole.

#8955 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

[quoted image]

So many details in the code to be aware of.that screen shot seems informative ,where did it come from?

#8956 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

So many details in the code to be aware of.that screen shot seems informative ,where did it come from?

This is from the list of Stern Insider achievements found towards the bottom half of the list here: https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/games/100/achievements

I will say the addition of these has created a new dimension to the game when I want to go for one specific task, and moving through the checklist of achievements is pretty fun. Especially when you get soooooo close to one and then drain. Pretty awesome.

#8957 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

[quoted image]

Yeah I brought it up when I first noticed it with the release on Insider Connected.

Looking forward to getting it on my AIQ... will probably be months away yet...

#8958 2 years ago

I went ahead and downloaded the new 1.03 firmware for AIQ LE tonight and the file I received was titled "avengers_infinity_le-1_03_0.spk". I placed it on a USB stick and turned on my AIQ and nothing happened. I downloaded updates for Deadpool and Iron Maiden and they both were in Zip files that had two files inside. Is there something wrong with Stern's download? Wondering if AIQ is different but doesn't seem right..

#8959 2 years ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

I went ahead and downloaded the new 1.03 firmware for AIQ LE tonight and the file I received was titled "avengers_infinity_le-1_03_0.spk". I placed it on a USB stick and turned on my AIQ and nothing happened. I downloaded updates for Deadpool and Iron Maiden and they both were in Zip files that had two files inside. Is there something wrong with Stern's download? Wondering if AIQ is different but doesn't seem right..

The SPK files don't need to be unzipped or anything. Should work as long as they are the only file(s) on the USB thumb drive. I haven't had any issues updating.

#8960 2 years ago

I downloaded the 1.03 code today from the stern site and updated my premium. It took two tries (it often does) but it updated successfully. I’ve never had to unzip the file from the stern site, but I’m a NIB newbie.

Not much to this update, really. It looks like all the narrative elements have been coded in, and all that remains is polishing and refinement.

#8961 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

The SPK files don't need to be unzipped or anything. Should work as long as they are the only file(s) on the USB thumb drive. I haven't had any issues updating.

Thanks for the quick reply - ended up being a user error. I got a new 128GB USB stick that was exFAT vs FAT filesystem and that will not work. Went back to my old trusty USB stick and it worked perfectly. Appreciate it!

#8962 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

This is from the list of Stern Insider achievements found towards the bottom half of the list here: https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/games/100/achievements
I will say the addition of these has created a new dimension to the game when I want to go for one specific task, and moving through the checklist of achievements is pretty fun. Especially when you get soooooo close to one and then drain. Pretty awesome.

ah insider connected stuff. , i don't have it but it seems like it could be cool as it evolves , as it stands now i don't get shit if i spin the disc at 400 rpm !

#8963 2 years ago
Quoted from Bangback:

Check the rubber plunger tip on the new shooter rod. I think on the new rod it might just be a little shorter compared to the original, causing a bigger gap between when the ball is at rest in the shooter lane on the auto-plunger bracket versus where the shooter tip is. Just take off the rubber shooter tip, put something in there so that it doesn't sit so far down on the shaft, like a tiny rubber post ring, put it back on, and it should make the tip closer to the ball. It should help with being able to make the ramp again.

Yeah I'm seeing this issue on my Stern AIQ shooter rod. What size washer or post ring should I try and use? I've always got a different red spring here I'm going to try out. Might need both of em

#8964 2 years ago

You need to compress the break spring on the outside of the cabinet. That will bring the shooter tip closer to the ball. Just use the stock spring, no need for a red spring

#8965 2 years ago

Ah! First time making it to final Thanos mode. Along with that, first beat of the game. Was such a weird one because I could not get consistent shots for combos/etc but most of my shots I could recover safely without draining. GC ~840.... So close, just a little more for 1b milestone

#8966 2 years ago

Can someone check their Black Panther orbit for me when they have a minute? I’m thinking the thin piece of metal is supposed to be behind the thicker metal ball guide?

8D77477F-D374-43C6-BC54-424D3F12D655 (resized).jpeg8D77477F-D374-43C6-BC54-424D3F12D655 (resized).jpeg
#8967 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can someone check their Black Panther orbit for me when they have a minute? I’m thinking the thin piece of metal is supposed to be behind the thicker metal ball guide?[quoted image]

No, it doesn't go behind, but it shouldn't stick out like that.

I gave mine a very slight bend towards the side rail back a few inches from the end, about where your's starts to come away from the side. Not enough that you actually see a bend, but enough that it holds against the side rail now.

#8968 2 years ago

My best back to back games! 3.7B on Deadpool and 4.2B on AIQ!
Neither are my high score, but fun to do consecutively!

8F496581-9AA9-460F-A751-F5F048487927 (resized).jpeg8F496581-9AA9-460F-A751-F5F048487927 (resized).jpeg
#8969 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Neither are my high score, but fun to do consecutively! [quoted image]

Time to hit the pro circuit and win hundreds of dollars!!!

#8970 2 years ago

Yeah I'm seeing this issue on my Stern AIQ shooter rod. What size washer or post ring should I try and use? I've always got a different red spring here I'm going to try out. Might need both of em

I used the smallest post ring I could find because it was the only ring i could find that would fit inside the shooter tip. The goal is to make it sit higher on the shooter rod so that the tip is closer to the ball when at rest in the shooter lane. The gap prevents the ball from getting the full force of the plunger.

#8971 2 years ago
Quoted from Bangback:

I used the smallest post ring I could find because it was the only ring i could find that would fit inside the shooter tip. The goal is to make it sit higher on the shooter rod so that the tip is closer to the ball when at rest in the shooter lane. The gap prevents the ball from getting the full force of the plunger.

If you’re looking for a washer that fits on a shooter rod I’ve found these to be the perfect dimension.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/dorman-help-brake-hose-washer-id-25-64-in-od-5-8-in-thickness-1-16-in-66272/5706408-P?searchTerm=Hose+washer

#8972 2 years ago

Hi everyone, I picked up a Pro yesterday and breaking it down to bring home I noticed only 5 balls in the trough and one in the Captive ball behind the Newton ball. Is that right or is there another one hiding somewhere? I haven't got it set up yet. Thanks, Dave

#8973 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Hi everyone, I picked up a Pro yesterday and breaking it down to bring home I noticed only 5 balls in the trough and one in the Captive ball behind the Newton ball. Is that right or is there another one hiding somewhere? I haven't got it set up yet. Thanks, Dave

Should be 6 in the trough. I believe they have a sticker under the lockbar saying how many balls to insert

#8974 2 years ago

Thanks, Found it!

20211220_081352 (resized).jpg20211220_081352 (resized).jpg
#8975 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can someone check their Black Panther orbit for me when they have a minute? I’m thinking the thin piece of metal is supposed to be behind the thicker metal ball guide?[quoted image]

Check out the picture in post #8572

#8976 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Neither are my high score, but fun to do consecutively! [quoted image]

Gotta ask where you got that topper?

#8977 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Gotta ask where you got that topper?

Custom made it myself! Each gem light is tied into the corresponding gauntlet light.

#8978 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

No, it doesn't go behind, but it shouldn't stick out like that.

Thanks. I used a switch adjustment tool and was able to get it back close to where it should be.

Quoted from finman2000:

Check out the picture in post #8572

That picture was further down and didn't show what I needed. But thanks for digging it up.

#8979 2 years ago

Installed the thanos glove from Robin46,arrived quickly,nicely made and looks a lot better than the flat plate on a pro.

LEDs are perfectly bright and interactive and when at least ones lit the whole glove glows giving some illumination to the whole corner.

20211220_212001 (resized).jpg20211220_212001 (resized).jpg20211220_212145 (resized).jpg20211220_212145 (resized).jpg20211220_212903 (resized).jpg20211220_212903 (resized).jpg
#8980 2 years ago

Any of you who have the Pro, have issues with the ball getting stuck at the Captain Marvel Gate?
Only usually happens if it is a slower shot that kind of floats up there.
But still annoying.

I usually can manage during game play. I pull the glass off real quick, and then put the ball on one of the drops. THen let the ball-finder do it's thing.

But this is real annoying.

#8981 2 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

Any of you who have the Pro, have issues with the ball getting stuck at the Captain Marvel Gate?

Yes. It has lessened since I bent the flap on the gate a bit. That way, it's not applying as much pressure to keep closed. Ball still sticks sometimes, but some flipping and shaking gets it out. I might bend the flap some more.

#8982 2 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

But still annoying.
I usually can manage during game play. I pull the glass off real quick, and then put the ball on one of the drops. THen let the ball-finder do it's thing.

I have never had that issue

#8983 2 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

But still annoying.

If you put the ball back in the shooter lane it will auto-launch once you close the coin door after you get the glass and lockdown bar back into position.

#8984 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

If you put the ball back in the shooter lane it will auto-launch once you close the coin door after you get the glass and lockdown bar back into position.

You can also turn on coin door ball saver in the settings and just dump it in the trough. That gives you a few extra seconds to close and latch the coin door.

#8985 2 years ago

nice nice ...

#8986 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Custom made it myself! Each gem light is tied into the corresponding gauntlet light.

Did you 3D print?

#8987 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Did you 3D print?

The gems are 3D printed, but I got them on Etsy. I mounted them to Lexan and used matrix wiring/connectors and Comet LEDs.

Had to wire up a Y splitter to tie into gauntlet wiring and ran that up to a connector at the back of the topper.

IMG_0167 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_0167 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_0174 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_0174 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_0175 (resized).JPGIMG_0175 (resized).JPG
#8988 2 years ago

Just joined the club with a premium and I had a question for those who have the topper. I thought this topper had a extra mode added if you collect all the gems but it seems when I collect a gem(during a game)my topper doesn’t light that gem up permanently. All the gem lights flash during game play and in attract mode so not sure if it’s in the settings.

#8989 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just joined the club with a premium and I had a question for those who have the topper. I thought this topper had a extra mode added if you collect all the gems but it seems when I collect a gem(during a game)my topper doesn’t light that gem up permanently. All the gem lights flash during game play and in attract mode so not sure if it’s in the settings.

Got it handled…previous owner had it on competition mode.

#8990 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

There is a setting just for the topper in the game adjustments. It's #57. See if that's enabled

#8991 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah I brought it up when I first noticed it with the release on Insider Connected.
Looking forward to getting it on my AIQ... will probably be months away yet...

And just like that it's fixed

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8992 2 years ago
Quoted from SirSnarf:

You're very welcome! Thanks for your patience and so happy to hear you like it. The feedback from Facebook has been incredible and probably be busy with another batch of ten or so as the come in over the next couple months.[quoted image]

Wow. That does look amazing. Can you pm me some details?

#8993 2 years ago

New owner here. Couple of questions …

1. On plunge, it is not infrequent that the ball does mot smoothly go into the orbit. Sometimes goes onto the little shelf below the gauntlet just for a sec. Anything less than full plunge cannot make it all the way around. I did just lower my pitch so hopefully that helps but any other input is appreciated

2. My Thor hammer handle broke. I broke the little guy just trying to prep that orbit for some wax. Looks like that is all a part of an integrated plastic. Anyone have a mod for this area or thoughts? Will need to get some fast sealing super glue if not and try to fix.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8994 2 years ago

1) For the plunge there are many different reasons it could be happening. The tip of the plunger might be off center from the ball. Also, the shooter lane ramp has no support under it so it flexes quite a bit and the alignment of it could be sending the ball off target. My suggestion is to take slow motion video of the shooter lane for some plunges to see where the ball is going off line. Then you can try to adjust so it goes smoothly into the orbit and around the ramp. If you keyword search this forum for "plunge" there are lots of posts about the various issues and solutions people have had to get the plunge to go smoothly around.

2) The hammer that broke and whatever it's attached to is a mod. The only thing in that spot stock from factory is the flat plastic.

#8995 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

New owner here. Couple of questions …
1. On plunge, it is not infrequent that the ball does mot smoothly go into the orbit. Sometimes goes onto the little shelf below the gauntlet just for a sec. Anything less than full plunge cannot make it all the way around. I did just lower my pitch so hopefully that helps but any other input is appreciated
2. My Thor hammer handle broke. I broke the little guy just trying to prep that orbit for some wax. Looks like that is all a part of an integrated plastic. Anyone have a mod for this area or thoughts? Will need to get some fast sealing super glue if not and try to fix. [quoted image]

Find the handle... glue it back on. It was likely 3d printed and broke close to the layer lines and is made out of PLA ... super glue works and a tiny bit will do you.

#8996 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

My only issue is that you don't have them arranged in the order they were released.

It is chaos for the OCD.

#8997 2 years ago

Merry Christmas to all assembled Avengers!!

#8998 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

2. My Thor hammer handle broke. I broke the little guy just trying to prep that orbit for some wax. Looks like that is all a part of an integrated plastic. Anyone have a mod for this area or thoughts? Will need to get some fast sealing super glue if not and try to fix.

I just recieved one of those as a gift from my Secret Santa.
It was made by The Mod Couple.
Maybe reach out to Yelobird. He and his wife are The Mod Couple.
He may have thoughts on how to fix it.

#8999 2 years ago

Merry Christmas!

Thanos Santa (resized).jpgThanos Santa (resized).jpg
#9000 2 years ago

Sorry just got the topper and want to make sure it works - which gem is collected for which characters? My first gem has never been collected to light but the other 5 have. I’m brand new so I assume I just need to get deeper into the game to choose that gem? Just don’t know what I’m looking for to start the topper mode. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Trade
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/180?hl=poopsmagee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.